Who Could Become Newcastle’s New Hero Tomorrow?

The free-kick that Ryan Taylor put in to win the game at Sunderland last season, has put him in the annals of Geordie folklore, and that goal will never be forgotten by Newcastle fans.

Ryan Taylor – after scoring phenomenal goal at Sunderland last season

But unfortunately Ryan is out for the season with his serious ACL injury that he picked up against Atromitos at St. James’ Park in late August, but he will be traveling with the lads tomorrow on the team coach for this most important game.

Ryan had this to say on the Newcastle web-site:

“You’d love to see someone who’s in the same boots as I was score the winner.” “There’s a couple of lads – I won’t name them or put pressure on them, but I’d love to see one or two of the boys score the winner and make themselves a hero too.”

“As soon as I got injured, I spoke with the gaffer and pin-pointed a few games to go to – the European away trips as well as this one on Sunday.” “So I’ll be lucky enough to go with the boys on the coach and feel the atmosphere.” “And hopefully it’ll be just as memorable as last year but without playing.”

“I suppose the pressure’s off when you go away from home because obviously we’re the away team.” “When I say the pressure’s off, obviously there’s still a lot of pressure to go and not lose these games but all the pressure’s on them.” “And I’m sure with all the firepower we’ve got, we can go there and get something whether it be one or even three points.”

“All the lads seem to be buzzing this week. The international lads have came back and obviously I’m not watching them train but from what’s going on, training’s good.” “Everyone wants to play but there’s going to be a few disappointed faces. But the lads will pick those people up and you never know – someone could come off the bench and score the winner.”

“It’s a funny old game but everyone’s looking forward to it just as much as me.”

We have to hope we’ll see another hero tomorrow, who can score the winning goal for Newcastle – maybe Yohan Cabaye?

Who do you think it could be?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• magpie6699

Oct 20, 2012 at 10:45 AM

My turn to go for coffee and come back 2 blogs later!

• dawid182

Oct 20, 2012 at 10:46 AM

omg, this kit collection looks much better than the present…

• MagpiesFlyHigh

Oct 20, 2012 at 10:48 AM

tomorrow either benny or shola

• MagpiesFlyHigh

Oct 20, 2012 at 10:50 AM

I think it’ll be a real grinding draw. Unless we have a purple patch. Lads fresh back from injury and the blood lust of scum hackers are going to make it tight.
    Just mark Fletcher out the game an we’ll be okay.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Oct 20, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Titus Bramble.

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Ruddy….The question was ‘New’ hero….not an obvious existing one.

MFH….I think a win, but wouldn’t be too surprised at a draw. It’s all about the purple patch and that we don’t start too slowly and get punished.

• archaeomag

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:07 AM

@Ibiza
    “Purple patch” – nice one – very subtle !

• Super Magpie

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Ibiza

Yeah, they would always get taken over by billionaires after a couple of seasons. They were buying the likes of Ozil,Falcao, Aguero and Pato before selling them all one year later.
    They still would finish around 16th with those players. 🙂
    I take it EA don’t like sunderland, for good reason too. 😉

• elpaso_geordie

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:09 AM

I reckon a defeat is imminent sadly – i know its derby day and all but we have been soooo poor all season so far in every way.
    Last year we were flying and under o’neill they still managed the draw a st james.
    They are different proposition under MON than agent bruce , he will have them proper pumped at home especially – i reckon A Johnson scores too

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:10 AM

archaeomag…..Would love to take credit, but see MFH @4 🙂

• Super Magpie

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:11 AM

I also remember one time I played them at home. They played cattermole up front and he scored twice. Still won 4-3. From 0-3 down as well. It’s like every chance they had in that first half fell to them. I still take pride in the fact I didn’t use sliders to come back. No matter how unbelievable that sounds.

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:13 AM

elpaso…That’s one of the things I love about the game. A win, lose or draw is always imminent. It all comes down to the day and a little bit of luck at times. Both teams are capable or winning or sealing their own fate with a loss.

Super…Aye, it was no surprise not to see the Stadium of sh*t* appear on the cover.

• seancavaz

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Martin Atkinson

• archaeomag

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Shame Cattermole is off having his internal demons and bile glands reconditioned, he is always good value for a comedy red card.

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Super Magpie…That just brought back a memory of Gosling playing upfront for an opposing team some 8 years into a career and he put two past me. Baffling stuff and the game was swiftly destroyed.

Anyway, before people turn on us, real football….

• Super Magpie

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Ibiza

It’s quite ironic how you can change the cover so its your players on it.
    So every Mackem one will have St James Park in the background.
    You’ve got to feel sorry them at times. 😀

They also reckon because they haven’t hammered us in years. They deserve to hammer us tomorrow. Not that I can remember the last time they did hammer us, If they ever have.

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Super Magpie, can’t blame them for having the “there is always next time” mentality. Must be built in deep within them.

• Super Magpie

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Ibiza

It’s a shame for them because the next time is usually as bad as the previous game. 🙂

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Super…Well, when you chose to support Sunderland, you are destined for a life of shame. Please don’t anyone say it’s not a choice. We’re all free human beings and can support who we want.

• Super Magpie

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Ibiza

I suppose some people pick the wrong choices in life.

• Pushy Pardew

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:34 AM

My personal favourite was the end of season 2006, 4-1 victory at their place when we scored the goals in the second half. A real barnstorming performance. A victory tomorrow could define our season. I think there will be quite a few goals with a 3-2 victory providing the impetus that our season has lacked so far.

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Super…They certainly do. We should give these poor souls the help and support they need. The Sunderland Fans Support Group if you will.

I suppose Newcastle United has been doing that for some time as it is…

“Who and where is Sunderland?”

“Some ‘team’ near Newcastle”

“Oh right”.

• Sheikh MagToon

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:38 AM

My money is going on Santon for first goal tomorrow. Looking forward to winning a ton.

• Pushy Pardew

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:47 AM

toonarmydownsouth
    There’s none so blind as those who will not see. First contact was not over your abuse of Jimmy Magpie but some years earlier when you abused one of my kids. But you know that and that you’ve got anger management problems. I looked at the historic clinath@ed link and surprise surprise he was telling the truth. He also with the benefit of hindsight been proven right. Neil Warnock described the guy who assaulted Kirkland as a moron but you use it quite liberally along with idiot. You just drive away countless posters just trying to get a point across and raise the level of debate. The only thing i share with you is a desire to beat the mackems.
    Just as with Jimmy Saville the claims of abuse started with a trickle. Forget your cabal of protective shield like posters and get help.

• Super Magpie

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:50 AM

😆

• BigKirky

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:50 AM

I’m nervously excited and it wont let up. Going through all the possibilities in my head. If Benny can be on top form I think the whole team will take confidence from him.

• Super Magpie

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Ibiza

Must be hard for them. I mean they held the record for worst ever team in the PL twice. The 15pointer was just hilarious.

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Pushy…That was a cracking game, would love more of the same tomorrow.

Can you send me the link for the tads incident you refer. I’ve seen this issue creep up and would love to understand where it has come from as I have not noticed this anger you mention, which I have said before as well. Is it a question of him calling someone a ‘moron’ during debating an issue? Without seeing what you’re referring to, it seems maybe this has been taken perhaps a bit too personally, especially considering some of the stuff that flies around here. The majority of us on here have been caught up before, I’m sure i’ve used the word moron (I think I’m even guilty or dropping the occasional tw@), does this mean I have anger issues?

What did he say to your kid, wasn’t on a few years ago, but it seems, based on your picking up of tads yesterday, that maybe the current analysis is a bit off and maybe brought on from previous experience rather than an isolated issue.

I’ve always assumed you were a younger poster (From comments such as posters not being welcoming for youngsters at times), thinking about it though, you are well informed about the history of the club (and have kids) so I’m thinking I have assumed wrongly. If you don’t mind me asking, how old are you?

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Super…Did they really? 🙂 Brilliant. What’s the 15 pointer reference? Seems I’ve missed something else – going to have to stop considering these events few and far between and admit I miss a lot.

• Super Magpie

Oct 20, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Ibiza

It was the season we were playing likes of Inter and Barca.
    While we were doing that they were desperately struggling to pick up results. They finished with 19 points that season I think. I remember them scoring 3 own goals in 1 game too.
    Poor mackems. 😆

Oct 20, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Super…Ahhh, the good ole days 🙂

• Pushy Pardew

Oct 20, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Ibiza
    I am 32 but still have all my own teeth and a full head of hair. I have mentioned all this to you before and it’s gone beyond whether you believe or not It was most opportune that clinath posted to support the case-LOL
    I hadn’t paid him. Look, you are not a bad wordsmith as am i so you can get away with humour. Tads is offensive and regularly uses the sort of descriptive response illustrated which was broadly along the lines mentioned. I suspect that Ian Toon mentioned you as the conductor of the orchestra as a means of getting you to tactfully rein him in. I also suspect that Ian Toon knows more about mental health and learning difficulties which this blog as in the life out there suffers from. You can make a huge joke out of all of this if you so wish. I really don’t think it’s that difficult to be an observer of people. When you have kids it does change your perspective and you become less selfish, and also less well off. I remember Ian Toon saying that you shouldn’t only judge people by the way they treat you but how they treat other people. I thought you were influenced by others in your dealings with BandB. There i’ve said it. Anyway that’s it i am going to put all of this behind me. Thanks for taking an interest oh brave warrior.

Oct 20, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Pushy…..I wasn’t trying to be a warrior of any description, I haven’t seen what you refer to and asked for some info (I thought respectfully too). Apologies if you have told me before, perhaps going a little too senile a little too early.

Just because others have come to a conclusion, shouldn’t exclude me from making my own and I can only do this from things I have seen (Not only from posts directed at me). I’m not suggesting you have paid anyone, if that were to be the case this would be somewhat of a different discussion).

You can handle your words perfectly, there is no issue there, not at all.

Funny you should mention mental health issues within the blog, it has crossed my mind from time to time (that wasn’t a subtle hint by the way – not connected to you at all).

I like to think that if a poster oversteps the line, regardless of who they are or my views on them, that I would say something. I’m “pally” with tads, no question there, hence why I’ve asked to see where he has been this angry vile blogger. Perhaps it’s not important for me to be enlightened.

With BandB, maybe my memory of it is off, but out of nowhere, I was singled out as basically not living up to my potential within the blog, which is bizarre and bordering on rude. I can handle a joke (or at least I like to think so – sometimes it can be hard to tell on the internet and things get lost in translation), I don’t feel that was, it felt as though there was a point to prove, this wasn’t influenced by others, I was pretty quick to jump on that one myself, perhaps incorrectly, but I haven’t seen BandB try to clear that one up with me him/herself, you know, like genuine reasonable people do, or at least I thought they did. Perhaps arrogance on my part.

• hdavid23

Oct 20, 2012 at 12:38 PM

gonna have to be at a funeral so i wont be able to see the game, but i think were gonna win 3-0 on a hat-trick by Perch

Oct 20, 2012 at 12:42 PM

hdavid…you had me up until a Perch hat-trick 🙂 Sorry to hear you’re having to attend a funeral, hopefully some good news tomorrow will brighten your day.

• Ketsbaia9

Oct 20, 2012 at 12:59 PM

If we don’t start Simpson and Williamson, we might have half a chance of getting a result. We have to watch Steven Fletcher. I’m afraid he might come back to haunt us. We should’ve snapped him up for £12m. Sessegnon is dangerous, but that’s about it. Maybe that Mclean bloke on the wing could be a threat.

Oct 20, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Where did Cahill pull that one from?

• toonLYF

Oct 20, 2012 at 1:04 PM

just a thought on the kit situation –

The lime green kit has dark shorts… deep blue/black, so surely we would need to get white shorts anyway otherwise surely it’s somewhat counter-productive?

Unless we’re going for a mix n’ match with the lime green top, maroon shorts and green socks.

Pointless idea essentially, white/white and black and white is fine!

(WHAT A STRIKE FROM GARY CAHILL!)

• Pushy Pardew

Oct 20, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Ibiza
    The brave warrior is just something i say as a means of
    saying well done. You did profess to not knowing when i was being serious or joking. I tend to view you as being flippant rather than arrogant. BandB mentioned about being good at reading a brief – this is from memory because she was an interesting poster- as a response from someone being dismissive to her point. She sent me a series of well thought out points on future direction of club etc and i felt sorry that i could only respond after the event. She was discerning and you were singled out because she thought you had so much more to contribute than others. I would suggest-LOL.
    Having a free football day i am being taken shopping. Or would you prefer i am off tiger shooting in India. Thought saturday was your busy day or is the season over. So rather than cultivate boredom you hang around on here. Have a good derby day.

• Pushy Pardew

Oct 20, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Ibiza
    I don’t plan to keep using LOL so you know whether i am joking or not -LOL

1 2 3 6