The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Manager – Xisco Getting Confidence Back

5:11 pm, Wednesday, October 24th, 2012 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 34 Comments

We don’t think Xisco has any future at Newcastle, but nevertheless it’s good to see that Alan Pardew is giving the 26 year-old some well deserved praise and encouragement today.

Xisco celebrating one of his goals on Monday night

Through no fault of his own Xisco became almost a pawn in the game between Kevin Keegan and Dennis Wise just over four years ago, when the Director of Football brought the player into Newcastle for £5.7M, without Kevin’s knowledge or approval.

Dennis did give the Newcastle manager a YouTube video of Xisco so Kevin could see just how good a player Dennis had brought in for the Newcastle squad. :(

That little tiff ended up in Kevin leaving the club within a week or so of Xisco arriving, and we all know that season was a complete disaster with Newcastle ending up being relegated.

Xisco could even get a game for the Newcastle first team again this season, probably in the Europa league, although he will not be involved tomorrow night, after his fine hat-trick for the U21 side on Monday night against Stoke City.

This is what Alan Pardew said about the Spaniard today in the local press:

“He won’t be involved, but I’m very pleased with him in terms of it’s the first time since I’ve been here that he’s shown signs of life.” “He came for a big fee. Unfortunately for him, it hung around him.”

“He’s carried that a little bit.” “Because of the strikers here, the pressure isn’t on him. He’s beginning to get some confidence back.”

“All players have difficult times. There have been difficult times for him. I’m pleased he got that hat-trick. Hopefully, he can build on that, but he won’t be involved.”

It would be good if Xisco can get another first team appearance this season, to add to the 11 he has made so far in a Newcastle shirt, although he will still be low down on the list of  strikers.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Newcastle News · Xisco

34 responses so far ↓

• 1 Nufc-83 // Oct 24, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Much rather see cambell getting the game time.

• 2 SportBilly // Oct 24, 2012 at 5:18 PM

I agree with post 1 – should really be a foundation for the youngesters to grow, unless he starts of course, but then would he get the nod over Shola and Cisse?

• 3 blew // Oct 24, 2012 at 5:24 PM

He has got his confidence back……I didnt think Xisco had any in the first place. The lad is rubbish, could do a job for Gateshead on loan thats his level. Cambell is the future, lets see him tomorrow

• 4 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Oct 24, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Why oh why wont Pardew take this competition seriously? We need Xisco!

Glad his confidence is improving, if he keeps his head down and shows he’s deserving of a start then I’ll have no issue with it. One good reserve game doesn’t really do that though, as said above, Adam Campbell is more deserving at this moment of time.

• 5 Tsunki // Oct 24, 2012 at 5:32 PM

I mentioned the magic word ‘Xisco’ there must be a prize or something….

• 6 roshan MAGPIE // Oct 24, 2012 at 5:37 PM

I am confused if RVP and rooney and so many other players can play 2 games a week why can’t our players play why that fatigue factor comes especially when they under perform

• 7 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Oct 24, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Tsunki…Oh aye, cos that word has been in short supply the past 48 hours :)

• 8 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 24, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Am i the only person who read the amount of times pards said “he wont be involved” and took it as wont be involved at all, ever, never going to play just leave already

• 9 WWYCD // Oct 24, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Pardew out! Clearly has no idea how to manage a team I mean ffs Xisco scored a hattrick against STOKE RESERVES!

Howay Ashley get him sacked already!

• 10 Jail for Ashley // Oct 24, 2012 at 5:52 PM

tads,
    Coming from Pards I read into that as he will be starting on Thursday.

• 11 xmindcrimex // Oct 24, 2012 at 5:53 PM

He won’t ever be involved for the first team. He would most likely have been more involved by Hughton if it weren’t for the appearance fee thingie from his old club.

Suddenly Hughton stopped using him. His hands were tied as Pardew’s is now in regards to Xisco. Get Xisco going with the reserves and hopefully there’ll be some loan takers in January.

Can’t wait for him to be off the books really. After that it’s only Ranger we’re stuck with, but at least he’s on a much lower salary than Xisco, so it’s not a big thing.

No one coming in will be on huge salaries, unless they are 100% real deal, and that’s a comforting thought. :) I like this system and I’m excited to see it grow.

• 12 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Oct 24, 2012 at 5:53 PM

But tads…he scored 3 goals against the Stoke reserve team. Plus, a certain well respected poster has told all us plebs that he is the man to take us forward. Where do you get off questioning this? Get off your high horse mate and that’s coming from me, on top of my mighty fence.

• 13 toonLYF // Oct 24, 2012 at 5:57 PM

good move from Pardew…saving Xisco for Sunday.

• 14 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 24, 2012 at 5:57 PM

YO
    What do you expect from such a spineless puppet, he’s just a yes man and double manager of the year awards are easy to get

If only we had someone with vision, someone with guts, someone who gave the fans what they want, demanded the money be spent and ppls home were demolished to expand our stadium to atleast a 350,000 seater, someone with a name that screams class!
    Betsbia7? No not class enough but along those lines

• 15 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 24, 2012 at 6:00 PM

JFA
    Sound management!!!

Ibiza
    You need your tanniy system checking its coming through a but crackly by the time we hear you down in the gutter!

• 16 WWYCD // Oct 24, 2012 at 6:02 PM

toonarmydowntsouth
    Spot on my friend we arent forward thinking enough for my tastes either! Imagine the income from a 350,000 seater stadium and the possible income from sponsorship

Haha aww what fun u can have on this blog with a bit of saracasm just wait until someone bites eh?;)

On a side note lads u will all be happy to know I have purchased my tickets for tomorrow nights game, very chuffed as u might suggest, my first real game of the season I have been able to go to :D it will be a big win I reckon….purely becuase I am going

• 17 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 24, 2012 at 6:09 PM

YO
    So if we lose does that mean there will be a blog witch hunt for you?

• 18 Jail for Ashley // Oct 24, 2012 at 6:14 PM

On a serious note,does anybody think the lower attendances have a lot to do with the amount of boozers showing a game on a Saturday afternoon ?

• 19 WWYCD // Oct 24, 2012 at 6:14 PM

toonarmydownsouth
    Haha probably my ‘negative outlook’ will no doubt be to blame for the defeat

• 20 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Oct 24, 2012 at 6:16 PM

tads…good call, tomorrow the players are blameless, it’s all down to Yo.

Jail….I think that’s a good call. A lot cheaper to sit down the pub watching the match I would imagine (obviously not a great person to answer not being local).

• 21 Jail for Ashley // Oct 24, 2012 at 6:17 PM

WW…
    Unfortunately I’m away for Thursday and Sunday,its probably good for the average supporter though as I only seem to attend the boring games.

• 22 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Oct 24, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Apologies for the over usage of “good call” there.

• 23 WWYCD // Oct 24, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Ibiza
    Am sure u will lead the charge agaisnt me…I know ur type

JfA
    Aye I work Sundays so I miss all the PL games (until we get put out of Europe anyway…or I get a new job). Must admit I have only attended one boring game (Swansea game) maybe am a good charm

• 24 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Oct 24, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Yo…To be fair, I don’t try and hide it.

• 25 WWYCD // Oct 24, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Ibiza
    And for that reason I respect u highly my friend

• 26 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Oct 24, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Yo…Aww shucks.

• 27 sticklebricks // Oct 24, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Wasn’t there something in the deal when we bought Xisco that stated if he made over xyz appereances the fee went up..? I know he hasn’t really played but I’m sure it was like 10 appereances and the fee went up 1.5m or something crazy..

• 28 jesperfuglsang // Oct 24, 2012 at 7:06 PM

One quick question:

…is Pards saying thay he won’t use Xisco in Europe or at all?

• 29 jesperfuglsang // Oct 24, 2012 at 7:10 PM

I am all for a witch hunt and that we blame Yo ;-)

…iff not then blame Willo and Simmo (they single handedly costed us CL last season anyway)

• 30 karasu // Oct 24, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Why the lack of love for Xisco? I for one wants to see a fairy tale ending with Xisco rising from the dead to become the new striker we’re supposed to have signed in July. He could very well be an important squad player if he comes good after all these stories and if he gets negotiated to a proper wage.

• 31 Ketsbaia9 // Oct 24, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Totally agreed. We would’ve been playing Champions league football now if willo and simmo wasn’t playing last season. Maybe Xisco would’ve increased our league position if he was selected.

• 32 karasu // Oct 24, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Why the lack of love for Xisco? I for one would love a fairy tale ending with him as a decent squad player on reasonable wage.

• 33 josh // Oct 24, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Shut the f up kets you tool.

• 34 bills-son // Oct 24, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Xisco is technically lower fizzy league level at best.

He won’t get anywhere near the first team and although its no fault of his the club will be delighted when he’s off the wage bill.

One of our worst signings of all time.

previous post: What’s Your Starting Eleven Against Club Brugge?

next post: Two Top Youngsters To Start Against Club Brugge