Cheick Tiote A Crazy Guy But A Great Player

Bigirimana could be given a chance to fill in for Cheick Tiote in the league, when Cheick serves his three match ban for being sent off on Sunday, but we think James Perch may get the nod on Sunday, because of his extra experience, and there’s always Vurnon Anita, who can also play in that position.

Cheick Tiote – in action against Norwich

We have a feeling that Gael will continue to play in the Europa league games, although he could well make some substitute appearances in the league while Cheick is away.

Gael has talked to the local press today and said Cheick calls him his son:

“Cheick calls me his son, but what kind of dad is he?” “Cheick is a crazy guy, but a great player and it is great playing with him. He is tough on the training pitch. We get on really well. Yohan Cabaye as well, they give me advice.”

“I have had a good impact.” “My aim is to rely on the manager’s decision. He is the boss and the one in control – I just need to put my trust in him, take each day as it comes and accept his decisions. There’s so many talented kids in the team and so to get a chance like the manager has given me, I don’t know how to thank him.”

“I am qualified to play for both Burundi and England and it is probably whoever asks me first. Burundi have asked me but the country is not stable so it is not safe to go back there really.” “We left Burundi for a better education for me and my family. That is what my parents thought, but God had a better idea for me!”

We’d be very surprised if Bigirimana isn’t selected at some point this season for the England U21 side, and apparently he is being closely watched by the selectors.

Maybe there will be some at St. James’ Park tonight, as we expect Gael to start this game in the middle of the park with Cheick Tiote – the crazy man.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Santon03

Oct 25, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Conaldo – repost from previous

It really depends on the ref, last night I watched Malaga vs Milan game, Kevin Constant did shoulder to shoulder challenge inside penalty box. He got yellow carded and the ref rewarded a penalty. Constant is not physical type, he is a left winger, but Spanish players loves to overreact and the ref bought it.

• Santon03

Oct 25, 2012 at 9:43 AM

I like Gael getting advice from Cabaye, from Tiote… I don’t know.

• Lachu

Oct 25, 2012 at 9:47 AM

repost
    Just loved the part where Tiote gets a yellow against Man utd .. Where he tries to tear apart his Tiote face mask to reveal his original identity as Pele

• Lachu

Oct 25, 2012 at 9:50 AM

I think its part of the game , the DM will mostly likely fininsh the game with a yellow.. Even if not for a rash foul .. its most accumalation of 3 or 4 fouls results in a yellow on the 5th foul .. which i think is silly ..IMHO every challenge shd be view individually on its own severity rather than whats the count of fouls a particular player has commited

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 25, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Slow down Ed (what’s the rush ;))

…maybe you should brand it out a bit in the morning lol

• Santon03

Oct 25, 2012 at 9:58 AM

it’s actually very late in US

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 25, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Santon…maybe so, but all Ed’s posts these days come all at once 🙂

• Graeme

Oct 25, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Its actually very early in US – about 0500 on the east coast!!

• Santon03

Oct 25, 2012 at 10:04 AM

jesper – repost from last

He is not really in possesion, both were chasing the ball and both players were bumping. The difference was Constant was stronger or naive and Isco (i think) was acting like being shoved by a bull.

• Colo-Sus

Oct 25, 2012 at 10:06 AM

I think alot of peaople are over-reacting to Tiote’s sending off against the Rat nudgers….

Tiote get a fair few bookings nut that comes with the job he does.. he is in the side to be destructive, He hasnt actually had that much football this season so a bit of off timing and rust can be forgiven for me. He is THE most important player in our midfield…more than Cabaye imo..

Its so evident that when he isnt playing that the midfield lacks bite..unless Perch is in there. However due to injury hes been at RB or CB to often this term.

Love Bigi think hes going to be top class, needs to bulk up a bit though, but time will bring that. Hope Anita starts showing a bit more,

I recxkon Pardew is doing a Snton with him though and intergarting him slowly, the prem is a huge shiock for some players form the speed alone.

Team for tonight

==============Harper================
    Tavernier====Taylor==Perch======Ferguson
    ===========Tiote===Anita==============
    Obertan=======================Sammy
    ==========Cisse====Shola=============

Subs:
    Elliot/Alnwick
    Williamson
    Bigiramana
    Marveaux
    Campbell
    Santon
    Abeid

Hope Abeid gets a run out

• Santon03

Oct 25, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Colo

I don’t like Harper. Is Krull injured again?

• Graeme

Oct 25, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Colo-sus – that doesn’t look a bad team but I’m not sure he will go with two new full-backs!! Maybe just a risk to far?

• Santon03

Oct 25, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Colo

Tiote’s disciplinary record is quite poor compare to other DM. Even Nigel De Jong has better record than he is.
    He is a great player, I’m with you on that, but he needs to know the limits especially with some referees. He can be much greater and give much better contribution with much less yellow cards or suspensions.

• smoke beer, drink tabs

Oct 25, 2012 at 10:18 AM

I said this last season when all the talk about tiote going to one of the BIG clubs and i will say it again, they will NEVER sign him, gives away too many free kicks, and in champions league giving away set pieces loses you games because of the quality of oppositions. Then there is the fact that he is a borderline red card before the game has even kicked off.

• bills-son

Oct 25, 2012 at 10:32 AM

I’ve met Tiote and been in his company, albeit briefly, on three or four occasions. Tiote, and his friends, have always been quiet, very respectful and Cheick seems a very humble guy devoid of any big shot ego or attitude.

Hopefully he’ll listen to Pardew and bring more of his off field personality onto the pitch. You can be hard and aggressive in games without being indisciplined and unprofessional. I’m sure the penny will drop with Tiote and if it does he will be a far better player for it.

• karasu

Oct 25, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Let us not turn on Cheick so quickly. In case you forgot, it was he who delivered that crazy volley past Szczesny two seasons ago.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Oct 25, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Shite player who’s been put on a mythical pedestal by deluded Geordies.