Newcastle To Attack – Will Use SAS Against Club Brugge

It seems that Alan Pardew will be starting both Shola and Sammy Ameobi tonight in the Europa League game against Club Brugge, and this will be the first time both brothers have started in a game for the Magpies.

Both Shola and Sammy (SAS) Ameobi to start tonight

Shola has recently spoken about his brother, and he says that he’s tries to tell him the mistakes he’s made in football,  so that 20 year-old Sammy doesn’t make the same ones, but usually people have to make their own mistakes in life and learn along the way, although mentoring can help.

Shola had this to say today:

“My parents have mentioned it in the past, and I’m sure seeing both of us on the pitch at the same time will bring them tremendous pleasure. It’s no different for me.”

“There’s nearly 11 years between us, so when we were growing up, I think he was maybe a little bit intimidated by me, which is normal. He’s trying to go through what I’ve been through.”

“But we’ve got a great relationship now. I’m sure he’s well aware of how hard it’s going to be, and what he has to put in to make it to the very top. But I want to see him surpass anything I’ve ever done in this game.”

We remember in the 1950s we had the Robledeo brothers from Chile (George and Ted) playing for Newcastle, and George scored the winning goal in the 1-0 Cup Final win against Arsenal in 1952 with just 6 minutes to play.

But this will be the first time two brothers have started for Newcastle in a major European competition

The Daily Mail is reporting that Newcastle can make it 9 points from our first three games in Group D and we wish that were true – but we can only make it 7 points since we drew at Maritimo before beating Bordeaux 3-0 at home last time out.

But we stole the SAS line they used – so we’re not complaining too much. 😀

It would be something if both Ameobi brothers can score tonight, but a win is what we need – and we’ll stay at the top of Group D.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 25, 2012 at 9:03 AM

I am glad for the Ameobi brothers 😉 but a bit sad for both NUFC and myself that we are going 4-4-2 in Europe as well…

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 25, 2012 at 9:04 AM

…but maybe Pards has a plan (that is not 4-4-2 ;))

• toonarmydownsouth

Oct 25, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Just need tomi ameobi signed up now!!

• markmac

Oct 25, 2012 at 9:11 AM

maybe sammi will play on the wing with shola and cisse up top…

• Santon03

Oct 25, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Willo, Santon, Jonas has started almost every games this season.

• Santon03

Oct 25, 2012 at 9:14 AM

I have accepted the fact that AP only knows 1 tactic : 4-4-2

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 25, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Santon…but at least he knows many variations of it 😀 lol

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Oct 25, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Santon….I had a dream that last season we actually played some 4-3-3 as well.

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 25, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Ibiza…did you have that dream too 🙂 ( I have trouble telling dream from reality these days; I even dreamt Pards saying he liked playing an attacking brand of football on the deck) lol

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Oct 25, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Jesper….Must have been a dream. It has been said he only knows 4-4-2, so it simply must be. Wont be any tactical reasons behind, none what so ever.

I am off for the day, but just wanted to say…

…Happy Danish music day to you good sir 🙂

• Graeme

Oct 25, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Will be interesting to see who comes off the bench after an hour to replace Bambi! He doesn’t have a full game in him these days; maybe our secret portuguese weapon, Mr X is lurking in the background!! A doubtful move, but stranger things have happened at SJP!!

• gandeyb

Oct 25, 2012 at 10:00 AM

I don’t usually comment but here is the team I think will start tonight. Bit risky with the back 4 as Brugge are top of the Belgium league and no mugs.

Harps
    Anita Tavs Perch Fergie
    Obertan Tiote Mar Sammy
    Cisse MACKEMSLAYER

I don’t think Pards ever changes the system at home and 4-4-2 it will be again. Just a hunch.
    Xisco probably deserves a bench call after he’s hard work but will probably miss out due to Campbell being picked.

• wynsleap

Oct 25, 2012 at 10:13 AM

A lot of years ago Newcastle had Ron Guthrie and his younger brother Chris playing for them. Anyone know if they ever played in the same first team?