Newcastle Star – I Want To Play More In Premier League

Gabriel Obertan scored the only goal of the game last night just a a couple of minutes into the second half, and it was a screamer from the 23 year-old, after Sammy Ameobi, who also had a good game had set him up in brilliant style.

Gabby Obertan – after scoring a screamer

Gabby moved on from Manchester United because he wasn’t getting enough games at the Red devils, he played 28 times with one goal over two seasons.

And the Frenchman has played more since he’s been at Newcastle – he has 35 appearances with 2 goals and this is his second season on Tyneside.

But it’s not surprising that Gabby wants to play even more, and hopes to see more playing time in the Premier League.

This is what Gabby said after the game last night:

“I don’t get to play much in the Premier League, so it’s good to play in the Europa League and persuade the gaffer that I can hopefully play more games in the league.” “Overall tonight though, it’s the win that is the most important thing.”

Obertan has a certain Ben Arfa ahead of him for the right wing position, but with Newcastle having so many games this season, the former Bordeaux winger will definitely see more playing time, with performances like the one he put in last night.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• nickfish90

Oct 26, 2012 at 9:13 AM

Sameobi I thought had a belter last night once he got going. At first, I’ll be honest, he was annoying me as he looked a bit lackadaisical, but i put this down to him not being match fit. HOW he proved me wrong though, and great solo play for the goal from the lad.

Long may it continue. Thoughts?

Nick

• norwichmag

Oct 26, 2012 at 9:41 AM

———————–KRUL————————-
    SIMMO—COLLO—SAYLOR—SANTON
    ————————BIGI—————————
    OBER————————————–FERGIE
    ———–BENNY———CABAYE—————
    ————————BA—————————–

Would love to see a balls out attack against WBA like last season at the Hawthorns, what an amazing first half performance. That was a 4-3-3 I seem to remember… Got to smash it at the start like we did on Sunday. I’d go for some width as West Brom struggled on the wings last week and get some balls across from Fergie and maybe Ober, lots of threat coming through the middle with Yohan and Benny and Bigi at the top to break down and spread play. Sure Collo can contain Odemwingie who looked really threatening against Man City. Can always put Jonas in the DM role… What line ups would people like to see?

• ballerfan2

Oct 26, 2012 at 9:59 AM

I think both Shola and Sammi get this “lackadaisical” tag because of the long legs. They look as if they move slower than their counterparts. However it is clear that both possess great ability which reveals itself to the manager on the training pitch each day. Sammi had a great game, as did Fergie. Pardew has some difficult decisions to make as these two plus Bigi and Ober are hammering away at his door big time. What a nice position to be in.

• wynsleap

Oct 26, 2012 at 10:12 AM

norwichmag @ 2 – that looks a pretty good line-up to me except I’d probably replace Bigi with Perch.
    There’s also room to switch the team around in the second half with Jonas and Cisse being brought on instead of the two wingers
    As far as Obertan goes, if he wants to batten down a first team place he has to show consistent quality and confidence throughout the 90 minutes, use his speed to great effect, ensure his crosses are quick and accurate – and keep on scoring when the opportunity presents itself like last night.
    At the least, I think, at present, he has the ability to be a permanent impact member on the bench

• AmericanGeordie

Oct 26, 2012 at 2:07 PM

@ Norwichmag.

I’d like to see us set up in a 4-2-3-1 like this:
    Krul
    Santon-Colo-Saylor-Fergie
    Perch-Jonas
    HBA-Cabaye-Obertan
    Ba

I like this lineup because it contains attack minded FBs with two holding midfielders who are capable of covering the vacated space when they go on attack.

The problem is that Pards is definitely going to play Simpson, and I just don’t think you can attack on the wings with Simpson. The biggest difference in our play last night were the overlapping runs from the FBs. Fergie & Santon want to run, they want to attack and they both have qualities that give you something in the final third that Simpson frankly lacks.

• woolerbill