Full House At St. James’ Park Will Help Newcastle Today

Steve Clarke comes back to Newcastle today, after being Assistant Manager to Ruud Gullit 14 years ago, and then being caretaker boos once Ruud was fired about a year later, until Bobby Robson arrived to manage Newcastle in 1999.

Steven Taylor – tough game today

And Steve stayed on at Newcastle for a while under Bobby Robson, but it was before a certain Steven Taylor started to show through at Newcastle under Bobby Robson,  which was early in 2004 when Steven had just turned 18 years old.

Steven Taylor was asked about Clarke on Newcastle’s web-site:

“He was just before my time but I’ve got a lot of respect for the guy.” “I’ve spoken to him a good few times and he’s done a magnificent job there. He’s got the players hard to beat.”

“They are very hard to beat and I think they’ve started like we did last year, so it is going to be hard.” “They’re going to try to get a full house here and hopefully that’ll help us.”

“West Brom are doing very well this season. They’ve started very well and they’ve got some great players so it’s going to be a really hard game for us.”

Steven Taylor was injured in January of 2010 when Roberto Di Matteo was the West Brom manager, and we were fighting it out for promotion with the Baggies, but Steven suffered a knee injury in a tackle with Roman Bednar, which unfortunately ended the season for Steven.

The Greenwich-born center-back remembers that incident well:

“It was a bad one but for me that’s put behind me now,” “The good thing is I’m getting my fitness again and I’ve started the season feeling in good form.”

“I’ll try and continue that against West Brom if selected but we’ve got loads of games coming thick and fast, European games as well, so there’s going to be a lot of squad rotation.”

“We’ll just have to see what the manager does but I think Thursday night’s performance will give the manager a headache.”

And Newcastle are doing all they can to get a sold-out crowd at today’s game,  and on Friday the club announced a special ticket offer for the game,  with prices as little as £5 in level 7 of the Sir John Hall stand.

The powers that be at Newcastle have realized that a full crowd at St. James’ Park is a huge advantage for our players, and they take in the extra cash too – so it’s a win-win on those two fronts.

And of course it’s the first Premier League game since the stadium reverted back to officially being called St. James’ Park, so a full house would be appropriate.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Conaldo (The Wizard)

Oct 28, 2012 at 8:53 AM

What are people’s predictions today? After my awesome wizardry the other day predicting obertan would score, I am going to predict us to win 2-0, ba and cabaye to score.

• jawballsaswallwell

Oct 28, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Full House at St James’ Park, how good is that!

• toonarmydownsouth

Oct 28, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Wizard
    3-1 ba x2 and benny

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 28, 2012 at 9:02 AM

Ed is too fast for me so I posted a few remarks in the last thread 🙂

• bambams

Oct 28, 2012 at 9:02 AM

We need the three points today or we are going to let a small gap start. A win today would only lift us one place. I know it’s early in season but it’s not where we hoped to be.

• jawballsaswallwell

Oct 28, 2012 at 9:02 AM

I predict Stevie Taylor will be as big as af@#ken house by 40. If that barrel chest and thickening midriff is anything to go by, somewhat all of a sudden.

• catchy in norway

Oct 28, 2012 at 9:03 AM

1-0

go infront and then defend lmao

sorry

3 goals is outrageous haa haa

• catchy in norway

Oct 28, 2012 at 9:04 AM

jawb
    lmao

i agree,, he could be a monster if he really hit the weights

• toonarmydownsouth

Oct 28, 2012 at 9:09 AM

Catchy
    You’ll see just be thankful i didnt go for a jonas hatrick!

Jaws
    Aye little porker is wor stevie!! Must of been lard on the back of all those stamps he’s been licking

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 28, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Wizard…I have to say I am not as confident as you – for me is can go either way (we don’t look that great these days)

…we have to make some changes and do some tweaks here and there if that is to change on the long run (but I always think we’ll win 😀 lol)

• toonarmydownsouth

Oct 28, 2012 at 9:11 AM

Jesp
    I saw them dont panic all good points!

• jasper

Oct 28, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Anyone making last minute plans? Received from NUFC today:

“Tickets for Newcastle’s first league game at St. James’ Park since the ground reverted back to its historic name are now available from as little as £5.

There are limited tickets available for the West Bromwich Albion match on Sunday (kick-off 3pm) in the Sir John Hall Stand Level 7 area due to spare seats in that area – so book early to secure your tickets at this fantastic price.

Adults can secure their seat for just £15, a ticket for seniors and students will cost £10, and anyone under the age of 18 can take in the match for just £5 – a brilliant price for a top flight game.

This offer can be redeemed online by clicking here, over the phone and in person. You can call 0844 372 1892 (option 1 then 2) or by visiting the box office or one of our club stores.”

• Gateshead-Mag

Oct 28, 2012 at 9:20 AM

good to see these offers (same price as europa league tickets)

should be full every week like it used to be!!

does make a difference

• lee1892

Oct 28, 2012 at 9:26 AM

The tickets will only be a fiver because WBA wont have sold their allocation

• Gateshead-Mag

Oct 28, 2012 at 9:28 AM

lee1892

u rekon?? hope thats the case because i always thought it was rediculous that we couldnt sell tickets from an un used away allocation

fulham and qpr spring to mind

• lee1892

Oct 28, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Aye mate thats why they were cheap for the norwich game and the toon fans were sitting in the normal away allocation – level 7 is sold out every home game with season ticket holders (the family area) so any tickets made available up there will be unused away allocation tics

• chubtree

Oct 28, 2012 at 1:08 PM

We could do with a good result today and our next 3 home games which is realistic and could see us right back in the mix come early December. Bar the bin dippers next weekend our 2 away games after that are soton and stoke away so points from those as well and we’ll go into the citeh game full of confidence. We’ve got to start performing at some point so if we can stay injury free there’s every chance we could be around the top 6 at Xmas which would give us a great platform to build on for a run at a champions league slot. I think we’ll need to get one or two in during the transfer window without losing anybody but I’ll call myself optimistic not deluded at this time.