Newcastle Local Lad Doing Great At St. Mirren On Loan

Good news this morning about one of our youngsters out on loan – defender Paul Dummett – who is at St. Mirren in the Scottish Premier League.

Paul Dummmett – at St. Mirren on loan

Paul won the Man of the Match award for the second week in a row, in St. Mirren’s home loss to Dundee United by 1-0 yesterday.

The Newcastle-born defender has already played for the Welsh U21 side, and can play at center-back or left back, and he was also the Man of the Match in last week’s 5-0 defeat by Celtic – also at home.

Paul is on loan to St. Mirren until January, and at that time manager Alan Pardew will probably want to take a look at the lad, and see how far he’s progressed.

The Newcastle manager will then have to decide whether he lets him stay out on loan or whether Paul becomes part of the first team squad at Newcastle for the rest of the season.

Being 21  is the time for youngsters to show through at the club, otherwise they may have to play elsewhere to get their first team football, although Paul only turned 21 last month.

And Newcastle are keeping an eye on Paul while he is at St. Mirren, and Development manager Willie Donachie was watching the game from the directors’ box, and will let the Newcastle manager know just how well Paul played – for the second game running.

The game yesterday looked like it was heading for a 0-0 draw until Dundee United were awarded a penalty, when Steven Thompson handled the ball in the 69th minute, and Johnny Russell made no mistake from the penalty spot.

Paul has now appeared 8 times for St. Mirren since he joined them in late August, and has seven starts and next up for Paul is a game on Tuesday night, when St. Mirren travel to Aberdeen in the quarter-finals of the League Cup.

It’s always good when you hear our youngsters doing well out on loan.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 28, 2012 at 7:43 AM

Good for him; hope he can come back here and do what Tavernier is doing (would be great to have another local lad coming through the ranks)

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 28, 2012 at 7:44 AM

Everyone…we have moved on so please come and join me 😀

• catchy in norway

Oct 28, 2012 at 7:49 AM

Magpie flying high

At the start of the season I was asked where we would finish and I said 8th but right now I’m not so sure, and for me I see no reason why we shouldn’t finish in 5th like last year, but for some reason Pardew is stuck in a defensive gram of mind, let’s keep what we have got which is a point,
    My reason for thinking this, in nearly every game he sets the team up playing deep and normally don’t start attacking until we are 1 goal down, this is not the mindset of someone confident this is someone who is more afraid losing,
    We never get the ball down and try and keep it, our players for some reason give the ball away very easy,

IMO Pardew is not the man manager ppl think he is, my reason for thinking this is the players that arnt on the bench, marv, romain, abied, and a few others these dont seem very happy, and I wouldn’t be to , they must see players like obertan get chance after chance and not produce and they just sit it out waiting for a chance that doesn’t seem to come,
    Pardew seems to have his fave players in the squad and he won’t budge from that, bigi has just joined that group, and he isn’t a bad player,
    Perch
    Shola
    Obertan
    Jonas don’t offer our team anything that others in the squad can do better but out of those 4 perch has improved the most , but only as a DMF, he still lacks confidence in defence, but his timing for tackles is great,
    Pardew said Campbell I as food as shola, his words, so why not give a chance, he is more mobile and seems to have no fear, I’m not saying start him every game, but if he is the same as shola now, surly that means by the time he gets to 18 with more games he will be a better player,
    Obertan is not and never will be a winger but that’s where he gets put , he is 23 and yes he can learn, but at 23 when will he?? No for me he may show lots of good touches but when it come to the game he very rarely delivers anything ,
    Ferg is 21 and looks like a first team player right now, and I can see no reason why he is not in the team right now, he is quick he covers ground does both ofenensive and defensive duties and most important he puts quality in to the box,

Pardew confuses me I feel let down after every match wi lose or draw, because when we win I nearly always feel it was luck not good football that got us that point or points, he makes subs way to late . I fail to see how he is as good a manager as others think he is,

• catchy in norway

Oct 28, 2012 at 7:51 AM

Jesper
    I did on my phone to lol took ages and now ed wil post about 100 new threads lol

• toonarmydownsouth

Oct 28, 2012 at 7:54 AM

Jesper
    3’o’clock kick off so were not on the box again 🙁
    Catchy
    Howay lad its too early for an essay!!!

• catchy in norway

Oct 28, 2012 at 7:57 AM

I know lol,

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 28, 2012 at 8:01 AM

Catchy…you know when Ed kicks off in the morning (well for us that is) he really kicks off 😀 lol

…nice job being you wrote that on your phone (I would probably have giving up half way :))

• check the toastie

Oct 28, 2012 at 8:01 AM

Catchy, you make me sound like a positive poster.

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 28, 2012 at 8:03 AM

TADS…thanks mate 🙂

…so 4 PM here in DK (I’ll have to stream it anyway)

Does anybody know how it weather is generally in the Newcastle area compared to Denmark?

• NEWEXPATMAGPIE

Oct 28, 2012 at 8:10 AM

Don,t wish to upset you Catchy! But,

Did you get to watch the game last Thursday against Club Brugge !

OBA and Sammi ripped their defense on the right wing apart on a number of occasssions ! One of these occasions resulted in the 1-0 ?

TDS is right, it just too darn early for an essay ! And some of what you say may be right but, in the case of OBA i beg to differ!

Oh and Good morning to ya!

As for using some of the youth players, i agree there are four or five, who are on the fringe of the first team! Most on here know that but for some reason Pardew is,nt using them !

Think we,ll scrape through with a 2-1 win this afternoon !

• tooninspain

Oct 28, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Newexpat…..make your bloomin’ mind up. A couple of threads ago, you said we were going to get humped. Why the change? Oh…..and PLEASE stop using the exclamation mark after every sentence. It sounds like you’re shouting all the time….kind of childish.