Newcastle Don’t Have The Hang Of This Thursday-Sunday Stuff

Alan Pardew admitted yesterday, that like the rest of us he was gutted that Newcastle couldn’t hang on at the Stadium of Light when we had just 10 men, and get all 3 points against Sunderland.

Alan Pardew – we haven’t got the hang of this Thursday-Sunday thing

And Alan Pardew is nothing if not truthful about things after games, and he admitted immediately after Sunday’s 2-1 win against West Brom, that on the performance of our lads in the second half, we didn’t deserve to win.

This is what Alan said in the local press yesterday:

“It was an unexpected two points.” “If I am honest, I was gutted last week that we did not get the three at Sunderland because I felt we deserved it.”

“We did not deserve the three points in this game, but we took them.” “Sometimes a bit of honesty, and a bit of hard work, gives you the chance to be in the game.”

“We were still in the game.” “The fans knew we were struggling and they tried to keep us going.” “Any kind of flash or moment from us, they were greeting like it was a European night.”

“This Thursday-Sunday is tough on us – we do not have the hang of it. I make no bones about that.” “We are struggling for training time on the pitch. It looked like we had no rhythm.”

“Last year we looked like a rhythmic team – keeping the ball well and moving teams around – and at the minute we are just hanging in there.”

The Newcastle manager and coaches have all this week to prepare for the important game at Anfield next Sunday, so there will be enough time to get some good training done with the lads.

We look forward to a much better performance from Newcastle at  Liverpool, and there’s no reason we cannot come away with something from that game.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• cyprus

Oct 30, 2012 at 8:12 AM

Hey, Ed, what time is it there? 🙂

Well said Jonas. Seems a nice clever lad, apart from being a good footballer. Not sure about that LW, I think he will turn into a stalwart MF. But he is versatile in other positions as well, regularly covers for defenders.
    Like I said before, in an imaginary world, if I had to choose 11 copy-pastes, I would pick 11 Jonases (!) over anyone else. Perhaps I wouldn’t get too many goals, but I would get some wonder goals. I wouldn’t lose the ball easily but I wouldn’t cross much either!

• jeff

Oct 30, 2012 at 8:19 AM

cyprus u have already posted that

crikey dont waste my time like that son

• cyprus

Oct 30, 2012 at 8:19 AM

On AP, he seems to be climbing that learning curve well. I used to dread his statements (Routledge no good, fans need to be educated, etc), now I think they make a lot of sense.

• jeff

Oct 30, 2012 at 8:20 AM

does anyone else wish we had routledge back lol

hes been turning up the heat for swansea

• jawballsaswallwell

Oct 30, 2012 at 8:24 AM

That’s Pards excuse for Sundays risible second half performance. Better left unsaid, seeing as we had two players backing up and they, two of our better performers.

• cyprus

Oct 30, 2012 at 8:26 AM

Have you seen this very interesting article?

Ok, Santon can learn nothing from Obertans, agreed. But those statistics are amazing! Santon second only to Suarez in dribbling in the PL! And we have two of the most proficient dribblers in the top 5 in the league!

Anyway, this Santon guy is just brilliant. I think the goals will start coming soon too

• Dannyo

Oct 30, 2012 at 8:30 AM

I doubt he’s talking about the games coming close. He knows he only had two of the same starters in both games. 9 changes.
    I think what he means is there is little time for his team to work on hus gameplans for each game.
    They have to split up more. Perhaps another coach?

• hadthetshirt

Oct 30, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Mr.Pardew please stop making excuses and manage the team.This “we wuz tired in the 2nd half” doesn’t sit right when we all know the number of changes you make every game.I’m sure the players would rather be playing than training.Did Bradley Wiggins win the tour de france only riding the odd day.Them guys do over 100 mile every day,and on the rest day still ride their bikes.If your worried about injuries,then get your finger out and get a bigger squad.You say your pals with the owner then explain to him the benefits a bigger squad will have.You bought a few midfielders this last window,yet you put square pegs in round holes.Perch in front of these lads.If I was West Brom manager I would have been clapping my hands and saying,lads there scared of us as their playing 5 defenders,lets get at them.We were very lucky.You also said earlier in season that the europa league wasn’t a major target??? why the hell did we go flat out to get into europe in first place.It’s probably the only trophy we have a chance of winning.If we get an away draw in F.A.cup then were out of everything.So please give the europa a real good go.
    Overall your doing OK a lot better than I thought you would,but some of your comments are a joke.You say you understand the fans.I feel you have a lot to learn yet on that score.Lets try and win this europa cup.

• blew

Oct 30, 2012 at 9:32 AM

The bulk of the Thursday team were non purples, how can AP make this an excuse for the Sunday rubbish display. The non purples showed the seniors how to pass and a bit of pace, I suggest they would have outplayed Sunderland. AP picks his favourites who are not performing, particularly in midfield, where Jonas is total garbage – he looks like an over 50s player

• Sav

Oct 30, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Neither WBA nor NUFC were able to put the game away, so both teams were liable to suffer the last minute ‘killer goal’. We got it. They didn’t. End of story.