Jonas Wonders About Jose Enrique’s Weird New Hair Style

Jose Enrique is in and out of the first team at Liverpool these days, although when we’ve seen him play recently he’s looked a good player, but he may not be a player that new manager Brendan Rodgers particularly likes, and that’s always a problem when a new manager arrives at a club.

Enrique sports new hair-cut against Everton – Jonas doesn’t like it

As soon as Brendan arrived it seemed to be curtains for Andy Carroll, because the new manager plays with the ball on the ground, and there looked little chance of a future at Liverpool for the former Newcastle striker, once the former Swansea manager arrived at Anfield.

And sure enough Andy was shunted off to play for West Ham on loan  for the season, and it’s unlikely he has any future at Liverpool, unless the manager changes yet again.

And it could even be the same for Jose, although he looks as good as ever at Liverpool, but the Spaniard is not getting a lot of playing time.

And last weekend Jose showed off his new hairstyle – which showed a distinct lack of hair on top – and he’s clean-shaven his head although he sports a beard these days – it looks weird.

The Argentinian had this to say today in the local press about his Spanish friend:

“Maybe he’s done it because he’s losing a lot of hair.” (yeah – right) “If it’s not for that reason it is a bad decision. I would never do that. No chance. I will always stick with my hairstyle.”

“He is a big friend of mine still.” “He was a player that we enjoyed having here when he was here. We had a good relationship with him.” “Me, him and Colo still speak a lot.” “Maybe he is finding it a bit tough at Liverpool this season.”

“He is still a really good player.” “He has to be careful and not get too down.” “Jose will learn to play the way he did here again.” “I saw the table and it is very close.” “There are only four or five points between the two clubs.”

“If you get a few wins you can be in fifth place.” “The most important thing now is to go game by game.” “We can’t think about final positions in November.” “The next game is important.” “And we know we it will be difficult at Liverpool.”

We hope Jonas doesn’t ever shave his head – what a sight that would be – and not very pleasant to be sure.

It’s good that Jonas is going to spare us from that.

Hey – we need all three points at Anfield on Sunday afternoon, in a game that is being broadcast live around the world.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• IITianToon

Nov 2, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Looks like a small time villain from those Bond flicks 😀

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Nov 2, 2012 at 11:26 AM

It is widely known that Rodgers picks his team using the duck, duck, goose selection process. Therefore, I imagine Enrique has shaved his hair off to match those in his team with the aim to maybe tricking Brendan and getting selected instead. Clutching at straws Enrique.

As for Jonas, is he saying Enrique has said he is having a bad time at Liverpool?

Does Enrique want out? Would we sign him? Am I bored?

Answers, Don’t know, don’t know, yes.

• IITianToon

Nov 2, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Ibiza are you a househusband? 😀

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Nov 2, 2012 at 11:31 AM

IITian….Did you reach this conclusion from the amount of time I am on here?

The answer is no, but are you looking for one?

• IITianToon

Nov 2, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Yes. Though I have not concluded anything about you. Well except the fact that you must have a Harry Potter like scar on your bum, due to all the hours spent sitting on the fence!
    No. But do they have a shop for them somewhere? 😀

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Nov 2, 2012 at 11:47 AM

IITian….Have you been spying on my in the shower? This is getting creepy 🙂

Well, I’ve never dabbled in the market for a househusband, but maybe on Ebay?

Come on then, give me a topic and I’ll jump down from my fence…

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Nov 2, 2012 at 11:48 AM

on me*

Let’s not make use of the English language your topic to discuss as it seems I am not in form today

• MAGICHBA

Nov 2, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Hatem BEN ARFA vs West bromwich (H) (28-10-12) BY Mendonakk

• MagpiesFlyHigh

Nov 2, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Ibiza

ON form… 🙂

• IITianToon

Nov 2, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Read this on ESPN website..
    “Playmakers: United have Kagawa, Chelsea have Mata, City have Silva, Arsenal have Cazorla, Liverpool have Jonjo Shelvey” Nuff said! 😀

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Nov 2, 2012 at 11:53 AM

MFH….Confirming my point exactly 🙁 Perhaps today isn’t the day to climb down from my fence. Wouldn’t want my credibility to take a knock *chortle*

• jimiley

Nov 2, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Jonas G,
    Re the hair issue:
    Glass houses and stones spring to mind.

• jesperfuglsang

Nov 2, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Ibiza and Tequila…about your comment earlier (valid comments indeed) I’ll get back to you on that later…

…been a heckic morning 😀

NB: I am beginning to think Tequila and Ian are seeing the same man about a dog or same dog about a man (which one is less confusing :-)) lol

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Nov 2, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Jesper…You will have to excuse me as I don’t remember what this valid comment was. I am assuming my usual rubbish?

• rainrix

Nov 2, 2012 at 12:13 PM

I’d take enrique back like, although i imagine he’d get a fair bit of stick 🙂

• rainrix

Nov 2, 2012 at 12:24 PM

1st comment of the day and i kill the blog, LIKE A BAUSSSS!!!

• BelfastMagpie

Nov 2, 2012 at 12:25 PM

He’s one ugly man,thats for sure..

• IITianToon

Nov 2, 2012 at 12:25 PM

What are the chances of poor old Jose being back in goal again! I was so angry in the last meeting at SJP that none of our players tested his goalkeeping skills. 😀

• Graeme

Nov 2, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Rainrix – Enrique on the left, Santon on the right? I can think of worse combinations to have on the pitch.

But, as we as a club don’t have the ambition to achieve what Enrique desires, I really don’t think it is very likely!!!

• toonincheek

Nov 2, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Enrique was always supposed to be a ‘confidence’ player.
    That was something he never had in his early days with us, but developed far more after we were relegated and kept that good form after promotion.

At ‘Pool, he will be struggling for confidence, but if he plays on Sunday, I expect him to give a very good account of himself.

• rainrix

Nov 2, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Graeme… True we all know that Enrique is by far the greatest spanish left back that there has ever been, 5th place in the league is far to unambitious for him! No he prefers to wallow around in the mud with a team with ambition’s to rule world football!

Forgive me lord how could i have been so deluded! 🙂

• Tsunki

Nov 2, 2012 at 12:33 PM

I would be more worried about his weird new team if I was Jose.

Yes Ibiza – my Debuchy song is indeed set to shipoopi. Does it Grind your Gears? 🙂

• nightfa11

Nov 2, 2012 at 12:33 PM

looks like a nazi.. well..they say liverpool are racists=))

• BelfastMagpie

Nov 2, 2012 at 12:33 PM

I was told by a couple of Liverpool fans,that Rodgers was trying to move him on in the last transfer window.

So I’d say if that was true we were probably offered the chance to re-sign him last summer.

He’s only managed to get into the Liverpool team lately,because Glen Jonhson got injured..

• Tsunki

Nov 2, 2012 at 12:38 PM

I hope he somehow contrives to get a spell in goal again. What a fun day that was at our place. Haven’t laughed so much in ages. Could we justifiably sing ‘ we’re in the top 6’ if we are winning or is that too soon?

• Tsunki

Nov 2, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Just shows how good liverpool have been at ruining players. Henderson, anyone?

I think there is a rule about hair at scouseland, due to rat lice being prevalent. I believe its called the Shelvey Protocol.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Nov 2, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Tsunki….It did indeed. Good work sir, good work.

Maybe “we’re in the top 6” would be a bad chant for this game, but if we’re winning, maybe “How’s the bottom half Enrique?”

• eaststandgeordie1982

Nov 2, 2012 at 12:46 PM

I think jose might of roomed with suarez and he ate his hair whilst poor jose was asleep, with them huge teeth it is possible.

• archaeomag

Nov 2, 2012 at 12:56 PM

It is a poor attempt at a go-faster haircut Can’t tackle with that sort of hair.
    He needs a bobble hat.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Nov 2, 2012 at 1:01 PM

archaeomag…Was only a matter of time before you popped up on this thread. At last, our hair discussion has a sensible home (thanks Jonas).

• tequilamag

Nov 2, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Archeo, I have a secret weakness for Time Team and have to say some of the haircuts sported by the grave robbers on that programme leave a lot to be desired.

• Munster Mag

Nov 2, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Bring him back, and get Santon on the right where he should be!

• BelfastMagpie

Nov 2, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Aye Enrique & Suarez are two great looking blokes like.

Two hamster heads… Haha

• tequilamag

Nov 2, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Munster , but that would mean dropping the statistically best FB in the PL ?
    Sits back and waits for torrents of Simmo hating.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Nov 2, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Tequila….Couldn’t Santon be on the bench as we know he can play left or right back?

• MagpiesFlyHigh

Nov 2, 2012 at 1:18 PM

tequila

Ye cannae knock our two statistical stars of the back four Simmo and Willo …

( Willo 7.6 better than Vertonghen at 7.4 )

Do statistics lie as much as politicians ?

• tequilamag

Nov 2, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Good point Ibiza, Simmo has to be a starter in the all important scapegoat role. though this has been challenged by Willo and Jonas this year.

• tequilamag

Nov 2, 2012 at 1:21 PM

MFH it`s a close one.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Nov 2, 2012 at 1:23 PM

MFH….If you mean, neither lie at all, then yes, I think they do.

Tequila….Indeed. Don’t want to be looking for a new player to fill the SG position. We have other priorities at the minute.

Ed….Can we have a non Enrique hair related thread, I fail to see how we’re going to turn the content around.

• archaeomag

Nov 2, 2012 at 1:29 PM

@Ibiza – Jonas clearly reads this blog and I think ED has seen the power of hair therapy – I look forward more hair related articles

@tequil – apparently, – some the team don’t smell too good – not people you want to share a trench with . . . .perhaps that’s why C4 have pulled it.

1 2 3 7