The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Pardew – This Magpie The Best Midfielder I’ve Worked With

8:45 am, Sunday, November 4th, 2012 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 8 Comments

Alan Pardew is a big fan of Yohan Cabaye, even though the French International hasn’t hit top form this season, at least not yet.

Yohan Cabaye – he’s the best central midfielder Pardew has coached

Newcastle play at Liverpool later today, and Yohan Cabaye will start the game and he is one of Newcastle’s most influential players, and when he’s on his game, he’s a great player – no doubt about that.

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew says that he’s worked with some great central midfielders, but he says that Yohan’s the best he’s worked with, because of his combination of great skills and work-rate.

This is what Alan said:

“Yohan is a great player in my opinion. I think we carry three or four great players and he’s one of them. I would certainly put him in the top eight or 10 Premier League midfielders of that type.”

“It’s very difficult to find a midfield player who has not just his work ethic but the creative ability he has.” “He’s certainly the best I’ve worked with in my time, which is why he’s a French international.

I’ve had Michael ­Carrick, Javier Mascherano, Joey Barton, Kevin Nolan. I’ve had very good players in his position but he’s the best.”

Cabaye will have to go up against Steven Gerrard this afternoon, and the Liverpool captain is making his 600th appearance for the only club he’s ever played for, so the French International will certainly have his work cut out for him today.

But if Yohan is on song, and Newcastle can put in a good performance this afternoon and take all three points, we can find themselves in 6th place in the league tonight, and just one point out of 4th place.

We’re sure the Newcastle players are all aware of that possibility, given the results yesterday when teams like Tottenham, Arsenal and Sunderland (what again?) all lost , and yes you are right,  Sunderland didn’t score any goals.

We can win this game today and get our season started.

Howay The Lads!!

Comments and opinions always welcome.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Coaching · Newcastle News · Yohan Cabaye

8 responses so far ↓

• 1 tarie4 // Nov 4, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Liverpool fans say Allen was a bargain at 15 mill. Imagine if they got cabaye at 4 million.

• 2 eaststandgeordie1982 // Nov 4, 2012 at 8:49 AM

Hes not consistent yet he goes missing in a lot of games i would put it down to tactics that we are not getting the best out of dreamboat we need to play to his and HBA’s strengths if we want to really kick on and we dont it seems a waste having players like we have and dont use them properly.

• 3 Shane // Nov 4, 2012 at 8:54 AM

@eaststandgeordie

I went in the SportsDirect store in Stevenage yesterday (I feel so dirty for doing so) and what did I find..

Not a single Newcastle home or away top!?

But had I supported Celtic, Barcelona even FC Porto I would have walked out with a new jersey!? Mad.

• 4 eaststandgeordie1982 // Nov 4, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Shane

Hahaha thats crazy i would of went with barca :-)

• 5 check the toastie // Nov 4, 2012 at 9:05 AM

About time Pardew started building the team around the lad then, instead of leaving him outnumbered in the middle of the park, running around aimlessly trying to win the ball back.

We must start picking midfielder to play midfield.
    Perch – defender
    Jonas – past it winger
    Shola – oh my god what were you thinking.

Get some ball players in there Pardew and stop worrying about conceding goals, lets impose our own game for once.

• 6 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 4, 2012 at 9:11 AM

Shane
    My missus got me the away shirt from here for our anniversary as were on a bit of a budget with the second nipper arriving a couple of months back but the shirt quality is great

• 7 Sav // Nov 4, 2012 at 10:48 AM

If you are using Carroll as a yardstick, Joe Allen IS a bargain at £15 million. I think Bigi could prove the biggest snip of the lot.

• 8 JP...from The Rock // Nov 4, 2012 at 3:06 PM

To get the most out of Cabaye we’ve got to play it along the deck so Dreamboat-pun intended- can play his lovely through balls to HBA, Cisse and Ba. Unfortunately our team can’t help but lump it forward in hope that some of our better players pull something out of their sleeve to score a goal. We graft and run like mad to win the ball and when we do we just lump it forward to repeat the process again, stupid I know, and it’s happening in every game this season. We really need to cut that crap out of our game and soon.

I think we will draw or lose but if we play along the deck we could sneak a remarkable win.

2-1

HWTL

previous post: Are Newcastle Getting Close To New Demba Ba Deal?

next post: Battle Of Midfield Titans This Afternoon At Anfield