Newcastle Battle Juventus For Top Midfielder

Newcastle have been linked recently with Toulouse French International midfielder Moussa Sissoko, but it looks like Newcastle may have to battle it out with Juventus for the 23 year-old, who becomes a free agent in the summer.

Moussa Sissoko – Juventus also interested

Newcastle seem to be in the driving seat to sign the player either in January for a nominal fee, or next summer as a free agent, but there are various reports in Italy that the Italian Champions want to lure him to Turin.

Juventus want to sign the 23 year-old in the January transfer window, although the player has already said he has been told by his French team-mate Yohan Cabaye, that Newcastle are a great club with fantastic fan support.

Juventus’ Director General, Beppe Marotta, is being reported as already having made an approach for Sissoko with his French club Toulouse, in an attempt to lure the 5 times capped French International to Juventus.

However, it seems that Sissoko would be very keen to join the Magpies, and the box-to-box midfielder has already said he is very keen to play in the Premier League – the world’s best football league.

From what we can tell,  it seems that Newcastle are in the lead position for this player,  who has played for Toulouse 191 times with 23 goals, and is a 6’2″  central  midfielder who plays in the style of the great Patrick Vieira.

Moussa would be a fantastic acquisition for Newcastle.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Graeme

Nov 7, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Juve or TOOOON – its just no contest – He will enjoy it in the Premier League and can still have great pasta down the quayside lol.

• Conaldo (The Wizard)

Nov 7, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Only a matter of time before Ed picks up on my outstanding reporting and does a Xisco/ squad story.

And by outstanding reporting I of course mean bored off my ar@e so on twitter.

• Kyo

Nov 7, 2012 at 2:31 PM

I guess he’s going to Juventus then.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Nov 7, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Kyo…Well, footballers aren’t generally the smartest bunch. Both black and white strips, have Santon meet him and talk to him, he might think he’s in Italy? Just until he’s signed.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Nov 7, 2012 at 2:40 PM

okay….looking at the announcement of traveling players, I make 2 changes.

Europa (Thursday)

Elliot/krul
    Santon Willo collo ferguson
    Anita tiote marveaux
    Squidward cisse sammy

• Munster Mag

Nov 7, 2012 at 2:49 PM

So Pardew says we still lack control in games? I’m bemused….as I predicted, Liverpool had more than 60% possession, and we still keep playing long ball for many of our critical passes….so we lose the ball a lot….and therefore control.. Am I missing some amazing insight here?

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Nov 7, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Munster….Stop trying to claim you knew this before Pardew, it looks desperate (just in case it’s not clear – joking).

Being serious, I can’t imagine Pardew hasn’t noticed it before now and i can only assume they are working on it. It is bizarre, whilst last season we were not the finished article, I don’t remember seeing so much hoofing. Players wise, management wise nothing appears to have changed this season, so why?

At least he does notice it, so we can hope to see some changes soon.

• jesperfuglsang

Nov 7, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Ibiza…to take my cue from your Sunday lineup:

Premier (Sunday).

—————-Krul—————-
    Simmo–Taylor–Willo–Santon
    ————-Anita ————-
    ——–Cabaye——Guti——–
    ————HBA—————
    ———-Ba——-Shola———

…but would he dare 😉

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Nov 7, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Jesper…To be honest, on paper, I prefer my system. Either way, I doubt we’ll see either set-up 🙂

• Munster Mag

Nov 7, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Ibiza, in my opinion, we are closing down less aggressively too. I loved the way we were a bit snappier last season in midfield. Now we tend to lay off, funnell back, and keep the shape that Pards is obsessed with, and works for us. The problem then though, is that we dont play our way up the pitch enough. What you will see consistently is a few passes between midfield and defence, but you know that the end ball is going to be in the air. When Cisse plays, it doesnt stick as well. Shame – he’s one of the best finishers I’ve seen! I know Pards knows all etc, but I havent seen any change.

• matt11_25

Nov 7, 2012 at 9:48 PM

If he is anything like Viera pay what ever the cost for him… that player could impact the game in so many ways, defensively and offensively.