The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Club Brugge vs Newcastle – Match Preview

1:37 pm, Thursday, November 8th, 2012 by Ed Harrison · 296 Comments

Newcastle United have an opportunity to get through the final 32 teams in the Europa League tonight, and reach the knockout rounds of the tournament, if we can beat Club Brugge at the Jan Breydel Stadion.

Newcastle are currently top of Group D with seven points from our opening three games, and we have two wins and a draw, and already beaten Bordeaux and Club Brugge at St James’ Park, and drawn with Maritimo in Madeira, in our first game in the group.

In the Premier League this season we’ve drawn half our games with 5 draws from our 10 league games, and we have to push on and make draws into wins, if at all possible in the future.

A draw would be a decent result tonight, but hopefully we will go all out to try to win the game, and Newcastle are almost certain to make wholesale changes to the starting line up tonight, from the team that started at Anfield.

Here’s the squad of 20 that traveled to Brugge yesterday and it seems that Steve Harper is not in the squad, although we were pleased that Xisco is making the trip and hopefully he will get some playing time during the game, and is likely to start on the bench.

Rob Elliot, Tim Krul; Mehdi Abeid, Romain Amalfitano, Sammy Ameobi, Shola Ameobi, Vurnon Anita, Gael Bigirimana, Yohan Cabaye, Papiss Cisse, Fabricio Coloccini, Shane Ferguson, Sylvain Marveaux, Gabriel Obertan, Davide Santon, James Tavernier, Steven Taylor, Cheick Tiote, Mike Williamson, Xisco

Ryan Taylor, Dan Gosling and Haris Vuckic are long-term injuries and Yohan Cabaye, Demba Ba and James Perch picked up injuries on Sunday and will not play tonight, although Cabaye is in the squad, and maybe his injury is not too bad.

And out two suspended players Coloccini and Tiote will both start tonight and strengthen the side, so here’s a possible starting eleven tonight along with the 7 substitutes:

Elliot
Anita Williamson Coloccini (c) Ferguson
Obertan Tiote Bigirimana Ameobi (Sa)
Ameobi (Sh) Cisse
Subs: Krul Tavernier Taylor (S) Marveaux Xisco Amalfitano Cisse

The team above shows 8 changes from the side that started at Liverpool on Sunday.

If Cabaye does start on the bench tonight, then that means he will definitely start the game against West Ham United on Sunday, and could even come on tonight, but only if Newcastle find themselves in trouble.

Xisco scored a hat-trick for Newcastle’s Under-21 side against Stoke last week, and we hope he gets a chance tonight.

Club Brugge have one long-term injury – it’s a collarbone injury to Victor Vasquez that will see him on the sidelines for a couple of months, before he can return to playing.

Brugge manager George Leekens was fired last weekend, and caretaker manager Philippe Clement is short of players, and Philippe has only 18  first team players available to choose from, after Macedonian forward Ivan Trickovski and Israeli Lior Refaelov both failed fitness tests earlier in the week, and will not play tonight.

We want to see Newcastle get a win tonight,  but we’ll be happy enough with a draw.

Howay The Lads!!

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Europa League · European Competition · Match Preview · Newcastle News

296 responses so far ↓

• 1 dutchy // Nov 8, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Cisse starting AND on the bench? Im guessing itll be Campbell instead of Cisse on the bench

• 2 Graeme // Nov 8, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Would like to see our Spanish wonderkid get a game tonight to be honest. If all it does is boost his confidence and put him in the shop window as it were.

He used to be a pretty good footballer until Dennis the Menace screwed him up (and the club) in some style. I hope he comes good to be honest.

• 3 t00ntime // Nov 8, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Lol did campbell walk there mate? I’m pretty sure xisco went instead of him

• 4 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 8, 2012 at 1:49 PM

dutchy…..Ed’s just keeping the opposition guessing. Campbell hasn’t traveled, so unlikely to make the bench. Mind you, he is pretty small, maybe they haven’t announced him as traveling and have said some funds by transporting him in their luggage?

I think we’ll see something like this:

———–Elliot————-
    Tav–Willo–Collo–Ferguson
    ———Tiote–Bigi————
    –Obertan—Shola–Sammy–
    ————–Cisse————-

Maybe Shola up front, cisse on the bench and Marv in the mix.

• 5 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 8, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Graeme….Can’t see Xisco starting, maybe, and that’s a big maybe, might see some minutes at the end of the game.

• 6 dutchy // Nov 8, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Didnt see Campbell hadnt travelled, havnt got my glasses on obviously.

For Xisco’s sake I hope he comes on and does well, keeps working hard in training, and takes a pay cut if he signs a new contract in the summer.

• 7 Graeme // Nov 8, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Ibiza, I think hourly would probably finish me off after a couple of days mate – I’m not as young now lol

I would leave Bambi on the bench and start the Disco Kid, but maybe Pardeau has other ideas! If he plays most of the 2nd half I would have no complaints in the circumstances. Its hardly a “Life or Death” game, to be honest lol

• 8 Graeme // Nov 8, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Ouch, flinches, maybe shouldn’t have included that last sentence lol

• 9 unified // Nov 8, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Newcastle is the only team that has still hasnt conceeded a goal in this season europe- and champions league. Let’s keep it that way tonight!
    GO TOONS!

• 10 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 8, 2012 at 2:02 PM

dutchy….For Xisco’s sake….something in that. On a blog where politics and religion is not welcome, i think we have found a new expression. Good job.

• 11 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 8, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Graeme…True, but if anything is gonna take you down, surely it should be that?

I think PArdew has said both Ameobis will be starting and that Xisco wont be starting or may not even feature. Be good to see what he has to offer though.

Unified….Nice stat. Let’s keep it that way indeed.

• 12 Graeme // Nov 8, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Ibiza – I can’t think of a better way to go. Finish, roll off, or roll her off, sigh, exit. Blissfull

Then crash into the pearly gates, totally wrecked, dick in hand, ready for an angelfest!!!

Bring it on lol (not too soon though!!)

• 13 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Nov 8, 2012 at 2:12 PM

I am not going to try guessing the silver supremo’s lineup – I never seem to get it right and when it happens I am very close I always get disappointed when I see the actual lineup in action :)

…I just prey to god it is not a 4-4-2 with Tiote and Bigi in MF (they sit too far back) or a 4-4-1-1 with Shola as a ACM, since the ACM has to have a lot of movement (we all know that is not his bag ;)) lol

I honestly think AP wants to win this one badly (so he most be aware of this)

• 14 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 8, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Interesting comments from Alan. Who are these underperformers then….

Marveaux?

He has said the following will play:

Colo
    Tiote
    Shola
    Sammy
    Williamson

Of the players who have traveled and have been given any time so far, it’s only really Marv I can see as someone who hasn’t taken their chances, so I assume he will be starting also. Maybe a chance will be given to Abeid and Amal?

• 15 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 8, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Graeme….I don’t think anyone on here would argue with that being the best way to go. Perhaps watching a NUFC winning final first, then victory sex, etc, but I’m splitting hairs.

• 16 Graeme // Nov 8, 2012 at 2:18 PM

The most obvious player on the sheet, who hasn’t had the chance to shine this season??

Has to be the Disco Dancer!!!!

• 17 Graeme // Nov 8, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Ibiza – thats just plain wishful thinking mate – you could live to 106 and never achieve the latter – by which time the former is but a distant memory – for many!! (;-D)

• 18 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 8, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Graeme…The way I read it was people who haven’t taken their chances to date. Well, Xisco hasn’t had a chance, so not sure that includes him. Not long till we find out…

• 19 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 8, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Graeme….Wishful but not entirely impossible. Well, that’s what I’m going to continue to believe anyway.

• 20 Graeme // Nov 8, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Ibiza – its only 3 hours to tv coverage, all will be revealed – had better pop out to supermarket – food may be a good plan at some point in the day!!

• 21 Graeme // Nov 8, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Ibiza – I did say for many!!!

Obviously, there are a few who defy such laws and live life to the full. This is not a dress rehearsal afterall!!

I intend to fill it fully!!

• 22 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 8, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Graeme….Good man. Have a good one and enjoy the game!

• 23 shirtonapole tinooo // Nov 8, 2012 at 3:10 PM

lads, check this dude out
    He´s my hero!!! :)

0 2 tonight i hope

• 24 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 8, 2012 at 3:14 PM

shirtonapole….What a lad!

“when she asks I will go on all night”

• 25 shirtonapole tinooo // Nov 8, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Awesome isn’t he ;)
    I’m hoping at thevery latest we’ll win the league on the 100th anniversary 2027. At which point I’ll be 47 and hopefully still capable of going like the clappers!!
    Of course I’d rather we just got it over with and win the europa this year :D

• 26 Munster Mag // Nov 8, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Bit irritating to see Forster play so well v Barca and get an england call up. Surely we could have boxed more cleverly on this?

• 27 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 8, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Shirtonapole…..I have nothing but respect. I think I may have to visit him…learn his ways :)

If we win the EL this season, I say we fulfill this idea of the perfect way to go with a mass orgy, followed by a mass suicide off the tyne bridge. Step too far?

Okay, shirt on a pole, I need your help. What game was it when Tino waved his shirt on the corner flag? As I remember it, he scored, waved the flag, got booked, got another goal and then went off injured all in a matter of a few minutes, but my memory isn’t the best and this may have just been a dream.

• 28 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 8, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Munster…Quick way to deal with this.

Krul or Forster? Pretty sure that’s as simple as it was when he was sold. Neither wanted to play back up and I think Forster was fed up of being constantly on loan and given how well he’s doing, that is understandable. I don’t think it was feasible to keep both and certainly at the time, Krul was the best choice.

• 29 Graeme // Nov 8, 2012 at 3:34 PM

What can one say? a man after my own heart – I have no desire for more sprogs though.

Still, accidents do happen, so its possible, I guess lol

• 30 Blaydon-Toon // Nov 8, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Graeme accidents do happen I was with my now fiancé for three months and it happened to me pill and all – So be careful very careful !

• 31 Blaydon-Toon // Nov 8, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Ps lad is two and half and the best mistake ever ….

• 32 Graeme // Nov 8, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Blaydon, make no mistake mate, I am WELL aware of the consequences – however, in Nigeria, its fair to say that an additional sprog is one of the lesser risks faced!!

Its fair to say I am a great believer in protection – I tie my ankle to the bed and a plank to my arse – every time!!

• 33 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 8, 2012 at 3:55 PM

We really do cover all sorts of topics on here :)

Blaydon….Lovely sentiment.

So, reading various bits and bobs, seems Pardew has warned Brugge about Sammy and Obertan, so pretty sure Obertan will be starting also.

So my definite list is now:

Def: Colo, Willo.
    Mid: Tiote, Obertan, Sammy
    ST: Shola

• 34 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 8, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Graeme…What is it your protecting against?

• 35 Mr_A_Clarke // Nov 8, 2012 at 3:59 PM

hey lads.
    I’m in copenhagen tonight, any idea where the game is shown??

• 36 Blaydon-Toon // Nov 8, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Graeme I hear what your saying mate I’m sue I would just retire from that form of sport :-)

• 37 shirtonapole tinooo // Nov 8, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Ibiza definitely a step too far :)

It was against Metz 96, can’t remember him getting injured (may be wrong), but the rest is right…
    What made it legendary for me was it was that was the season they made it an automatic yellow for taking your shirt off at all :D
    He’s a right heedcase

• 38 Graeme // Nov 8, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Ibiza – anything, and everything. If I haven’t got it, I don’t want it!! I was a boy scout as well – always come prepared!! Or something like that.

Blaydon – far too young to retire mate; but, like sport, it helps keep you fit lol

• 39 Constanstine // Nov 8, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Xisco definitely has no future at this club, thanks to us. I just hope he get some playing time and good performance to attract some decent club. He deserves to get his career back on track.

• 40 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Nov 8, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Has anyone heard anything about a Adam Swand from Singapore having a trial with us?

…he was named the most
    valuable player in Singapore and now
    becomes second Singaporean to have
    a trial with Magpies after Ammirul
    Emmran who had a trial in 2011 on
    the back of the same achievement

• 41 check the toastie // Nov 8, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Xisco is finished at the club, personally see this as a business move to take him to brugge, put him in the papers and try and get a club to take him on loan in January and ease the burden of his ridiculous wage.

Campbell should have gone and should be on the bench instead, a wasted opportunity, and why take Cabaye and not Jonas, clearly Cabaye is miles more important to the team, little mystified at that one.

• 42 obatoyou // Nov 8, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Hope the boys have a good one, also Jesus and Buddha if you’re up there had a punt on Liverpool too so pls don let me down hwtl!!

• 43 Munster Mag // Nov 8, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Ibiza, I think what you have there is the club line. In reality, I think Pards didnt rate him ( incorrectly by the look of it ) , and the small figure of 2mill would suggest that is correct. He could have had loads of time on the first team this year, and we could have saved 500K on Elliott. And if we sold Krul next season for big bucks ( surely Man U will chase us??) , we would have had a ready made replacement. Instead we have 1.5 mill in the bank, and a Geordie has been lost to another team, and is an England international waiting to happen . Different slant….

• 44 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Nov 8, 2012 at 4:24 PM

*sorry Swandi :-)

• 45 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 8, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Shirtonapole…Cheers. Pretty sure I remember him getting stretchered off…but as I said, my memory does let me down from time to time.

Jesper….Read that also. Believe he’s also having trials at some other clubs, something to do with winning an award so he gets trials with some clubs or something along those lines. Glad I could clear that one up for you…not ;)

Graeme….Some big words there. If I haven’t got it, I don’t want it. One word…silverware!

Munster….I think what you have there is the neggars line (sorry, couldn’t help myself). I suppose we’re all assuming somewhat, however I do seem to remember reading articles quoting Forster saying he wanted first team football, was tired of waiting and really wanted a chance somewhere. Not sure he would have been happy to chose us and get to play EL and domestic cups, I think he preferred the idea of being Celtic’s number 1 with CL, that’s not really down to the club, but maybe there is more to it.

As for the sale price, a player is only worth what someone is willing to pay for them. Sure his value will have risen now, but at the time, it was the price to move him on or at least that’s how it appears.

• 46 tarie4 // Nov 8, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Munster Mag

“He could have had loads of time on the first team this year”

U are wrong there mate. He wanted to be the undisputed no.1 and krul wanted that too. He did not want to play second fiddle to anyone. The only option was to sell, end off.

• 47 FatmanJoe // Nov 8, 2012 at 4:50 PM

I’m really pleased for Fraser. Hes one of us and he’s having a great time at the moment. He is really ambitious and definitely said at the time he wants first team football and I believe he cited champions league as a reason too knowing he could have a crack with spl.

The low transfer fee was baffling but munster he would not have been happy with any bench time.

Dead pleased for him.

• 48 FatmanJoe // Nov 8, 2012 at 4:52 PM

*crack with celtiv

• 49 Graeme // Nov 8, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Ibiza, silverware??!! That would be very nice, but I’m quite happy with a “WOW, Graeme, that was awesome” I honestly don’t expect a trophy for my endeavours lol

• 50 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 8, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Graeme….Isn’t that the norm then? I must be doing something right, although that goes against feedback :)

For Xiscos sake! It’s quiet on here….KO is in an hour, right?

• 51 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 8, 2012 at 4:57 PM

nufc subs bench Elliot, Ferguson, Santon, Steven Taylor, Cabaye, Amalfitano, Cisse
    3m Lee Ryder Lee Ryder ?@lee_ryder

#nufc team Krul; Anita, Williamson, Coloccini, Tavernier; Bigirimana, Tiote; Obertan, Marveaux, Sammy Ameobi; Shola Ameobi.

• 52 Graeme // Nov 8, 2012 at 4:57 PM

I once had a couple of ladies in Jersey who bought me some flowers – does that count??

• 53 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 8, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Is that a 4-2-3-1 then? Okay, so my keeper was off, Tav on the left instead, so I got Anita for Ferguson wrong also. Not bad though, not bad.

*Pats self on back*

• 54 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 8, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Graeme….A couple of ladies? Forget the flowers, I’m sending you some silverware :)

So, no Xisco then. Nice of us to be paying him and giving him a holiday too.

• 55 FatmanJoe // Nov 8, 2012 at 5:03 PM

That’s a strong side. Any links for the game?

• 56 jimiley // Nov 8, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Really disappointed that Jonas is not playing. He is so important to our midfield. He is due a goal as well.

• 57 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 8, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Fatman…There are some on here…

jimiley….Sarcasm?

• 58 Graeme // Nov 8, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Ibiza – It does seem somewhat heartless to drag him all the way there on the basis that its because he has done well over the past weeks – and then don’t even put him on the bench.

I would probably construe that in the same way as a good kick in the bollocks – not very well at all!!!

• 59 Conaldo (The Wizard) // Nov 8, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Right gentlemen,
    I won’t be able to watch the game untill 9:00, (I have it on record) so I will be on the blog to discuss how tactically clueless Pardew is, how Williamson cost us all the points, and of course for a new edition of wizard news.

See you chaps at around 10:30.

• 60 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 8, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Graeme…..I would have thought (speculating of course) than being the good man manager Pardew is he wouldn’t have filled him up with too many false promises. At least it’s a move in the right direction.

Despite Pardews comments about it being unlikely or hard for us to win, I’m pretty sure he wants qualification wrapped up now, so he can really play some experimental sides in the last game or two, can’t really knock that.

If Xisco keeps his head down, he’ll get his chance.

• 61 jimiley // Nov 8, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Ibizatoon.
    He is an Argentinian international and is the vice captain. He is a fixture and top drawer. What are you on about, sarcasm?

• 62 Graeme // Nov 8, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Conaldo – as the resident Wizard, surely you know the score already, yet not a squeak!!!

• 63 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 8, 2012 at 5:12 PM

jimiley….I love Jonas. He’s been getting some stick recently, so thought perhaps that was a sarcastic dig….my bad.

Personally, I’d rather Jonas was rested tonight and is ready for West Ham. Tiote is obviously definitely out, Cabaye seems to be getting better (as he’s on the bench), but not a certainty for Sunday. Guti should be rested imo.

• 64 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 8, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Wizard….Now I’m more exited for your breaking news than the actual game!

What on Earth is higher priority than the game?

• 65 Conaldo (The Wizard) // Nov 8, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Graeme – we will win 2-0.

If I am right Yous must all worship me as a god. :)

• 66 FatmanJoe // Nov 8, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Jonas was very good last season but hasn’t really done it for me so far this time around.

With sammi and fergie busting a gut to get in the first team he’s really gonna have to show he’s worth that spot regularly.

• 67 FatmanJoe // Nov 8, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Ta Ibiza.

Going 3-1 us

• 68 jimiley // Nov 8, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Ibizatoon,

Resting your best players means you never win nowt. We can never win the league. But there are three cups we can win. I would much rather win a cup and lose half a dozen places in the league. Would you rather come sixth in the league and win nowt or 12th in league and win a cup. Its all about the league and the cups are sacrificed. Rest the players when qualification is sewn up. We will never win nowt with this approach.

• 69 Conaldo (The Wizard) // Nov 8, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Ibiza – ill make something important sounding up.
    Can you come up with a new story on those portable fences?
    Also, Jesper, we need to know a good celebratory Christmas beer. Get on it folks and I shall speak later.

• 70 Graeme // Nov 8, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Jimiley, Jonas has been anything BUT top drawer for many weeks. Yes, he runs up and down a lot, wins free kicks, but contributes very little to our attack. He couldn’t cross the street, let alone put a telling cross into the box.

He should be rested, allowed to recharge his batteries and let a WINGER have a game!!

• 71 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 8, 2012 at 5:20 PM

jimiley….Hard to answer that I’m afraid. Heart would rather finish 12th and win a cup, head knows thats not a realistic plan and PL should take priority. Our league position is what prospective players will be looking at mainly imo.

Plus, I think we do have a strong enough team to win tonight (not saying it’s certain) and I don’t think at the minute looking at it, that Jonas would be the winning piece of the puzzle tonight. Could turn out to be wrong.

• 72 FatmanJoe // Nov 8, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Jonas can cross and provided a lot last season but he’s not been right for a few weeks.

• 73 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 8, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Fatman…No pasa nada! I’d take 1-3 gladly :)

Wizard….Work? But, but, but, I wanna watch the football. Oh okay. Hard ass.

Back on to Jonas, he doesn’t appear to have that attacking intent anymore, but for me that isn’t a big problem (unless he’s on the wing). He’s a perfect CDM and knows enough about defending and attacking to be able to bridge the two…but once again, I don’t feel he is needed tonight. Wouldn’t object to him playing, just think his awareness will be needed against West Ham.

• 74 santonthenewmaldini // Nov 8, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Hope this means Anita is Left Back and Tav is Right Back as not really the biggest fan of Fullbacks using their weaker foot

It hinders Santon and it makes Jonas look terrible i think he would be better on the right hand side on their stronger foot

Hope its not 442 as Bigi and Tiote would offer nothing Marveux in the creative whole could be exciting leave him a free role to forget about defending and lets see what the lad can do!!!

• 75 Graeme // Nov 8, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Ibiza, as long as he isn’t on the wing, causing a roadblock, delivering nothing; not a problem – he has some good defensive abilities more suitable to him now!!

We have younger, faster players coming through who will do more, on the attack!!

ESPN coverage has just started, food ready to go in oven at half time, Mon the TOOOOOOOOON lol

• 76 Big Pappa Cissé // Nov 8, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Rob Lee doing Movember :)

• 77 FatmanJoe // Nov 8, 2012 at 5:33 PM

I thought Anita was right footed. Might be wrong tho?!

Anyway, I agree. I would like tav to get comfortable at rb rather than shifting from right to left all the time.

• 78 Big Pappa Cissé // Nov 8, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Cracking team that like

• 79 Dannyo // Nov 8, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Formation is 4-2-3-1, well happy bout that.
    And as post #74 says, i hope it’s Tav RB and Anita LB.

• 80 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 8, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Graeme…I’m not one to knock him as I do really feel his work rate in invaluable to the team, despite some peoples feelings it’s a negative approach, however, yes, much more suited to a defensive role, but not as a LB, I don’t feature him there.

Right folks…enjoy the game, Graeme enjoy your HT dining and for all those who have negative thoughts already running through their brain…stop, the game hasn’t started yet. Give the boys and yourself a chance :)

Take it easy and howay the lads!!!

• 81 Graeme // Nov 8, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Back four

Tiote – Bigi

Sammy, Marveax, Obertan

Bambi

It could have been worse I guess!!!

• 82 toonking // Nov 8, 2012 at 5:38 PM

just recieved the team from sky sports and from what i can see i wonder if pardew just does not know how to choose teams.
    _____krul____
    anita_willo_colo_tav
    _______tiote
    sammy_marvo_bigi_oba
    _______shola________

some of the things i hat about this team are
    1.in midfield all we consist of is 3 wingers and 2CDM so i guess we must lack CAM or pardew is just not looking in depth
    2. krul is both harper and elliot injured because unless they are why on earth does he want to use krul in goal
    3.FB’s we saw on sunday anita is not the same at FB as he is out wide also considering that ferguson is not playing today pardew had better start him vs west brom otherwise he just keeps digging himself deeper into showing signs he does not know how to play a good team or formation

• 83 toonking // Nov 8, 2012 at 5:41 PM

*anita not the same at FB as he is as CDM

• 84 Dannyo // Nov 8, 2012 at 5:41 PM

@toonking
    U should check the official site not sky.
    Which has 4-2-3-1 formation and this setup:

Krul
    Anita – Willo – Collo – Tavernier
    Biggie – Tiote
    Obertan – Sammy (Advanced role) – Marveux
    Shola.

Why not use Krul in goal? It’s no like he tires like the rest of the team.
    And maybe AP is thinking of starting Fergy against West Ham?

• 85 Graeme // Nov 8, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Toonking – he is playing 4 – 2 – 3 – 1

Nowt wrong with that for an away leg!!! We have options when defending AND when attacking – its not that bad a starting 11.

• 86 geordie157 // Nov 8, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Boo no xisco, other than that decent team. Hope Marveaux had a good game!

• 87 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Nov 8, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Wizard…my pick will be from one of the Christmas beers we tasted on ‘snowfall’.

…My pick for a winning christmas beer is Christmas 2012 from Willemoes Brewery in Denmark. They make a new one each year and have been in the final race the last 6 or 7 years :-D

• 88 ToonDownSouth // Nov 8, 2012 at 5:45 PM

How is there not a CAM there? Obertan, Sammy and Marveaux could all play there…

And why would Krul not play in goal? He’s our best goalkeeper, and it’s not like he spends 90 minutes running around.

• 89 toonking // Nov 8, 2012 at 5:46 PM

dannyo
    not saying he won’t start ferguson at West ham and i hope myself that he does but so far he has insisted on jonas wide and simmo or anita RB plus colo is suspended from league matches meaning pardew will likely keep jonas as he was used as captain during colos injury spell.

• 90 Dannyo // Nov 8, 2012 at 5:47 PM

@TDS
    Running out intercepting crosses and going outside his 6 yard line to stop a long pass takes its toll mate…
    Also there is punching, risk of straining his biceps.

• 91 Big Pappa Cissé // Nov 8, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Scumpool getting beat :)

• 92 Tsunki // Nov 8, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Oh dear that mature dating thing is really off-putting now good grief.

I asked our lass if she was doing Movember, seeing as she had done Monuary, Mobruary, Morch… not pleased at all.

Campbell is injured btw afaik just fyi, ok?

• 93 Graeme // Nov 8, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Luckypoo losing 0-1

Such a shame, honestly. lol

• 94 Dannyo // Nov 8, 2012 at 5:51 PM

@toonking
    U’re probs right on Jonas.
    Simmo was injured for this one, sholder injury. He started a 4-3-3 against Liverpool which Jonas had a holding role in. Without wooing anyone btw.
    We’ll see how it fares.
    Just saying there’s no point in taking tomorrow in advance.

We might get surprised. Anita has had mixed performances on CDM and RB so far. I think we’re still finding out about him.

• 95 Big Pappa Cissé // Nov 8, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Tiote giving Bigi a slap :)

• 96 MUTINYbyLEMONS // Nov 8, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Glad Marvuex is back

• 97 Tsunki // Nov 8, 2012 at 5:53 PM

TDS – I think its more the risk of injury than tiring him out.

• 98 toonking // Nov 8, 2012 at 5:54 PM

btw
    this is the only link from first row
    video will come up likely once kick off comes.

• 99 cyprus // Nov 8, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Both Nolan (and Barton when he eventually comes over) should be given a warm welcome. They led the line, fought for us, got us that 5-1. Hats off, and thanks Jowey for the kind words regarding NUFC. Hope you come back an even better player. And Nolan, please don’t play very well! I do not want to see that chicken celebration!

• 100 Blaydon-Toon // Nov 8, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Come on the Geordie boys ! Toon Toon

• 101 josh // Nov 8, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Tads, how were we a laughing stock cause of joey barton? I don’t understand the hatred towards him from some people. Yes he was a tit a lot of the time but at least he wanted to play.

• 102 Big Pappa Cissé // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Unlucky Gabby

• 103 ToonDownSouth // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Tsunki

But we’ve spent 3 months resting our best players in Europe incase they get injured, and it hasn’t stopped them – in fact we’ve had far more injuries to first team players than last season :O

• 104 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:08 PM

The waste of skin will turn it on tonight.

• 105 Big Pappa Cissé // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Sloppy start

• 106 Novocastrian66 // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:11 PM

At work tonight and cannot get an TV pictures. Any estimates on the number of Toon fans at the match and are there any fans away from the official contingent?

• 107 Big Pappa Cissé // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Should have scored

• 108 Burni // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:14 PM

I think it’s bin pacy so far….. obertan shining as usual….. there always seems to be more oomph in the Europa league I reckon….. aye sloppy but more creativity…….. I’ll get me coat

• 109 Big Pappa Cissé // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Collo man FFS. Far to easy

• 110 Special K // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Coloccini not looking as certain on long balls as he did last year, cost us there.

• 111 FatmanJoe // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Good move by gabby but soft finish.

Not good defending colo

• 112 Blaydon-Toon // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Collo caught out with ball over the top we need a centre back with some pace next to him !

• 113 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Josh
    When your on the backpages everyday because of his play acting and mouthing off rather than the football thats bieng played then its on him did i say he was a bad player no does that mean the bloke wasn’t a thug and an idiot no dont be fooled barton never once put the club first

• 114 FatmanJoe // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Blaydon

How on earth was that anyone else’s fault other than colo? Can’t say that had anything to do with his defensive partner whatsoever.

• 115 Marty-Toon // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Think it’s odd that Ed hasn’t had a post about Fraser Forster and his goalkeeping antics from last night.
    He’s been really brilliant constantly in Scotland although a poorer league but last night he showed his quality in front of millions of viewers.
    Shame we couldn’t have kept him

• 116 colwell // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:18 PM

F’ck me Krul

• 117 Big Pappa Cissé // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Jesus Christ. What is going on man

• 118 FatmanJoe // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Oh shit

• 119 toonking // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:19 PM

what the hell are we doing today first 1-0 now 2-0

• 120 Big Pappa Cissé // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Maybe we should have started Harper

• 121 toonking // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:20 PM

hope krul doesn’t loose confidence for WH

• 122 Blaydon-Toon // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Poor header out and slow to close down …

• 123 Super Magpie // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Looks like we have decided to do a Wigan away from last season.

• 124 FatmanJoe // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:22 PM

We can still win this but don’t concede another sloppy one ffs

• 125 Burni // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Lol…… we haven’t been that bad…. really unfortunate……

• 126 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Tav is way way way off ready for the prem im affraid

• 127 FatmanJoe // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:24 PM

I’m hoping it’s going to b more like everton this season.

Marv – what the F!!!

• 128 Blaydon-Toon // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Well played Gabby – oh dear marv !

• 129 Big Pappa Cissé // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:24 PM

I could have scored that man Marv . It should be 2-2 at least

• 130 toonking // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:24 PM

well marvo has such a good cross but can’t even kick the ball.

• 131 Burni // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Toonking 2 tends to come after one…. chill everyone…..we are constantly pushing

• 132 FatmanJoe // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:25 PM

New drinking game.

A shot every time waddle says ‘for me’

You’ll be shit faced by half time.

• 133 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:25 PM

Howay marv you only had to kick the ball ffs!!!

• 134 Big Pappa Cissé // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:26 PM

@ tads

I think Tavernier has been our best player so far. Gets forward as well

• 135 nick_9 // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Wow …… 2:0 down to Brugge….. Obertan couldn’t hit a barn door and what was that from marveaux? Cisse, ferguson and or santon soon if we don’t respond

• 136 Burni // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:26 PM

I’m leaving… match day brings out the pessimist in u all

• 137 Blaydon-Toon // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:26 PM

TDS agreed Tav has promise but not ready could do with a stint out on loan …

• 138 toonbrother // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:27 PM

so glad colocinnis suspended for 3 games.What an overrated loser

• 139 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:28 PM

BPC
    Getting forward tbf is a luxury defenders first and formost they should be able to defend and he’s not there yet needs another loan spell but a higher level than league 1

• 140 Big Pappa Cissé // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Shola has to be the least mobile player I have ever seen

• 141 FatmanJoe // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:29 PM

They’ve got their two goals, now all they’re doing is falling down like lasses.

• 142 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Come on lads, don’t be so hypercritical, it’ll all work out, just give it another 8 years – that’s the plan.

• 143 Blaydon-Toon // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Great cross Marv !

• 144 nick_9 // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Overrated loser? Great support. Brugge fans are girls blouses, wanting a free kick all the time for a fair challenge.

• 145 Big Pappa Cissé // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:33 PM

@ toonbrother

Collocini overrated loser ? . Give your head a shake man

• 146 jimiley // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:34 PM

We have seen why Colo is NOT a top defender in the last two games. Great on the ball but not a dominant centre half which is the first priority.
    Marv is crap and I understand why he never gets a game in the Prem. Lightweight.
    Krul is not having a great game but is normally a top keeper. This a is a game we will lose because we will not play our best team. They have just sacked their manager after 5 defeats in a row. Over to you Mr Pardew and your 8 year tenure

• 147 Big Pappa Cissé // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Tiote will never learn. Such a stupid foul

• 148 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:38 PM

So now tiote is suspended for the next europa match? Ffs tiote sort your head out boy

• 149 toonbrother // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:38 PM

“loser” was a tad harsh perhaps. He is terribly overrated though. Williamson and Saylor are the best defensive duo we have

• 150 FatmanJoe // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Jimileyy

Two of the three players you just mentioned there are considered by nearly everybody to be our two best players.

Quit your whining. Pardew can’t be at fault for either goal.

• 151 Marty-Toon // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Tiote is a joke sometimes,an easy pass is on but tries to put it through a players legs gets caught out,fouls and a yellow card.
    Stupid

• 152 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Dont get why cabs travelled or is on the bench if he’s injured? If hes not get him on for the second half cos we need sone midfield spark tiote bigi n anita is a bit uncreative

• 153 colwell // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:41 PM

What a goal son

• 154 FatmanJoe // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:41 PM

F-ing blinder!!!!

• 155 Blaydon-Toon // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Great strike Anita !

• 156 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Anita you absolute beauty!!!!

• 157 Big Pappa Cissé // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:41 PM

What a fu***in goal Anita son :)

• 158 GeordieGeorge // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Anita !!!!

• 159 jonobbad // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Wow

• 160 JTOONJ // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Vurooon vurrron vurroon anitaaaa!

• 161 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Very important goal for us :-)

• 162 toonking // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:42 PM

goal get in virin anita
    nowe that is what you call a strike marvo were you watching.

• 163 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Tiote is a beast. The best DM I’ve ever seen. Wot a l3g3nd m8.

• 164 JTOONJ // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:42 PM

take a bow son!

• 165 colwell // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:42 PM

When was the last time we had a FB score?

• 166 toonbrother // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:42 PM

brilliant. Excellent stuff from an excellent player

• 167 hainesy // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Keemon! Showing his true colours! He was brilliant against Scumpool too, hope he can keep it up!

• 168 colwell // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Haha brilliant

• 169 Big Pappa Cissé // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Hahahahahaha get in Shola

• 170 hainesy // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:43 PM

F**K ME. SHOLLLLAAAAAAA

• 171 jimiley // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Fatman,
    Who said Pardew was at fault? I will repeat.
    I am only saying Colo is overrated and is no Bobby Moore and Marv is crap.. Krul is a top keeper. Do you not agree?

• 172 JTOONJ // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:43 PM

hopefully give him the confidence and boost! SHOLA

• 173 nick_9 // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Wiooooooooopooop come on lads, get in. Nice and easy

• 174 Blaydon-Toon // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Yes get the f in there Ameobis great link up !

• 175 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:44 PM

OHHHHHHH SHOLA AMEOBI OH SHOLA AMEOBI OH SHOLA AMEOBI KNEES BENT ARMS STRAIGHT RA RA RA!

• 176 FatmanJoe // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:44 PM

What a move! Excellent by sammi and a good finish.

• 177 toonking // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:44 PM

goal get in 2-2 all you ameobi slaters still think they both rubbish?

• 178 toonbrother // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:45 PM

loving it

• 179 FatmanJoe // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:46 PM

You need to read your own post then pal.

Complaining about our best team not playing. Who picks the team?

• 180 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:46 PM

More like it boys got that fighting spirit back!

• 181 JTOONJ // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:46 PM

can someone explain what just happened in the last few minutes! We never come back from a 2-0 defecit if i recall in the last year or so excluding arsenal!

• 182 sweendog // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Anita scores a cracker .. then the amoebi brothers link up .. quality 2-2 .. game on ..

• 183 Burni // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Now everyone who’s vaginas exploded after 20 mins….. this is why I think ur a joke! U could see it was coming and use were so quick to slate the team! I hate our supporters

• 184 JTOONJ // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Brugge heads will go down now surely they will be open an go for the win so hopefully obertan can get on score sheet :)

• 185 t00ntime // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:49 PM

I’ll be honest i think marveux and shola have been quite bad today. But shola still showed that even not at his best he makes chances and has a quality finish. Imo marveux meeds to come of for cisse/cabaye
    Imo shola and cisse upfront will be better cause shola has some on to head it on too and can feed off his shots

• 186 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:49 PM

JTOONJ
    God knows what happened great to be going in level but conceded to very sloppy early goals we really need to sort ourselves out defensivly europe and league

• 187 sweendog // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:49 PM

JTOONJ .. we get 2 chances and take them thats what happened ..
    belter from Anita, a volley from outside the box ..
    then 2 mins later Sammy sets up Shola with an excellent pass and he pokes it in .. 2-2

• 188 FatmanJoe // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Marv has provided some quality balls in today and shola has held the ball up really well. Dont think they have been bad at all!

Marv missed a sitter but otherwise…

• 189 Big Pappa Cissé // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Marv has not been that bad. Don’t forget he has not played since Everton. Stick Cisse on for Shola at about the 60 minute mark and we should be just fine

• 190 sweendog // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:52 PM

see liverpool are a couple of mins away from being beat ..

• 191 toonbrother // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:52 PM

marveaux is quality. colocinni a liability. Sammy Ameobi – pure class. Shola – meh!

• 192 nick_9 // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:52 PM

It does seem strange playing shola as the line striker. Marveaux looks a bit like Anita did in his first few games, not quite grasping the speed but you can see he delivers a good ball in and should have scored.

• 193 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Burni
    Make no bones about it we were poor in the opening stages again and it cost us 2 sloppy goals again
    I dont think many are slating the team just wishing we’d start a game properly for once!

• 194 ToonDownSouth // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:52 PM

We haven’t won a game from a goal down in years. So let’s not get our hopes up :|

• 195 sweendog // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Bordeaux are 1-0 against Maritimo .. hope that ends a draw ..

• 196 Dannyo // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Marvs been decent everytime he’s had the ball. But he’s not had it enough imo. Also, lacking sharpness still.

• 197 Geordiedoonsooth // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:53 PM

I don’t post own here very often now because of all the negative people on here. I really don’t think that you lot are real Geordies or real supporters of the toon.

• 198 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Fatman
    Sitter is an understatement ;)
    What a first goal to bag for anita though! Well chuffed for the lad deserved that after a couple of great games for us

• 199 Big Pappa Cissé // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:55 PM

We have not been great but should still be winning 4-2. This game is crying out for Cisse

• 200 toonking // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:55 PM

imo marvo seems to be mimicing obatan last season

• 201 Burni // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Tads…. I agree we weren’t good defending but u could tell we would score u really could….. there’s a difference between being gutted that we have conceded and some of the crap that gets posted during a match

• 202 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Willo is proof that its just being in the right place, right time, for any half-decent footballer growing up. Could take plenty of league 1/2 players and coach them to do just as an effective job. The lad hit jackpot when we came calling.

• 203 Blaydon-Toon // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Always said Anita would come good has very good football brain and is surprisingly quick hope he kicks on from here …

• 204 Ian Toon // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:58 PM

TAVERNIER along with Anita have been our best. What game are some of you watching.
    Clueless

• 205 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Burni
    Agree mate there are some very OTT posts on here, have to admit biggest frustration is tiote picking up another yellow and now bieng banned from 2 competitions!
    Other than the early goals was good to see us controlling the game though
    Do think we need another creative/flair player for CM though if amal isnt coming through as quick as planned

• 206 manxpie // Nov 8, 2012 at 6:59 PM

well said burni its embarrassing some of the posts on here i’m the same geordiedoonsooth “collo an overated loser” has got to be the most moronic post on here in a long time!

• 207 archaeomag // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:00 PM

They clearly saw the goal we conceded at the weekend -ball over the top – they just kept trying it.

• 208 Blaydon-Toon // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Think he may be Kets brother …

• 209 toonking // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:01 PM

if tiote continues to build a bad rep for cards i am thinking why don,t we just see him as he will miss so many game with suspentions and ACON and well now we can start looking at anita as the CDM also bigi in future and perch cover

• 210 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Archeo
    Unfortunatly its our biggest weakness and is definatly there to be exploited

• 211 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Unlucky shola

• 212 FatmanJoe // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Marv’s set pieces are amazing.

Dare I say it – much better than yohan’s

• 213 MUTINYbyLEMONS // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Marveaux’s sweet pieces are so good and very consistent

• 214 Burni // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Obertan excellent as usual. Sammy has been awesome too! Is that 5 for tiote in Europe already tads?

This keepers saved two belters

• 215 MUTINYbyLEMONS // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Set pieces* though they are sweet

• 216 toonking // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:10 PM

burni from what i can remember 2 cards in consective match i think means suspention

• 217 jeff // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:10 PM

why do we even take corners. i mean honestly when was the last time we scored from one. i bet the opposition is more of a danger to US when WE take corners

• 218 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Europe refs are so soft its untrue

• 219 FatmanJoe // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Superb tiote. And good on their striker not going down.

• 220 magpie6699 // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:11 PM

jeff – too true! Against West Brom our corners were more likely to lead to them scoring!

• 221 Big Pappa Cissé // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Sammy has got serious tekkers like :)

• 222 Blaydon-Toon // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Class Sammy !

• 223 Graeme // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:12 PM

tads – sit back, enjoy a beer, just watch it happen.
    We will win this one mate, not a popadom!!

• 224 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Burni
    Not sure its as many as 5 in the group stages maybe 3? Either way he misses the next game

• 225 Burni // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Toonking….. it’s coz he is pivotal in this team imo….. if he went to a bigger team he would have more cover….. also Anita should be rb he seems to play better there…..his pace gets utilised better

Sammy really is a good footballer

Everyone else feel that the Europa league team is more fluid than the epl team?

• 226 Big Pappa Cissé // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:15 PM

I hope to god Willo isn’t injured

• 227 Burni // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Bpc….. ugh u just said that!

But aye he has

• 228 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Graeme
    Sound advice ;) playing much better this half sholas loving it he’s bullying there cb’s!

Barton just scored for marseille wonder if he celebrated by tweeting about it?

• 229 FatmanJoe // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Burni

I would be pleased with this same team against west ham.

Sammi has been amazing. Motm for me so far with Anita and Marv not far behind.

• 230 Big Pappa Cissé // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Phew

• 231 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Burni
    They certainly move the ball round better

• 232 toonbrother // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:19 PM

tiote what an awesome player

• 233 toonking // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:20 PM

are you certain that willo has gone off injured?
    what i was thinking might be the reason for this sub is know that both willo and saylor play sunday he might be resting willo now so that he is not too tired on sunday

• 234 FatmanJoe // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:20 PM

We’ve certainly gone a little more hoofy since willo went off.

• 235 toonbrother // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:22 PM

colocinni takes being rubbish to a whole new level. The man has no pace whatsoever

• 236 numba9 // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Another injury at the back . How thin are we ? We need to sign at least two defenders

• 237 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:22 PM

FMJ
    You cant say that mate! Didn’t you know willo is the only reason we play hoofball its all his fault and he cost us champions league!;)

• 238 toonbrother // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:23 PM

sammy just looks sublime

• 239 Burni // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:23 PM

As would I fatman!

Don’t forget the guy with a head like a toe

• 240 FatmanJoe // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Tads

Ah yes sorry. Forgot. Lol

Do we know for a fact that mike is injured, not being rested?

• 241 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Sunday league players are classed as unattached, just sign one of those up temp, to cover for Willo.

• 242 Big Pappa Cissé // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:25 PM

We need fresh legs. Cisse and Fergie please

• 243 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Need a sub now to get the momentum going again

• 244 toonbrother // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:25 PM

pardew please bring on ferguson for colocinni – tav to centre back. And cisse for shola

• 245 Burni // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Toonbrother u WUM! aye he’s not the paciest but he’s normally our best player! And voted in ppl team of the year.

Rubbish? Jog on u Muppet

• 246 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Sammy has had a blinder tonight!

• 247 beefman13 // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Fergie time surely, its gone a bit quiet, we need a push we seem to play most of our best stuff when we are behind!

• 248 Big Pappa Cissé // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Sammy, Tav and Anita have played well tonight

• 249 toonking // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:28 PM

pardew colo is not pacy toonbrother is crying
    why don’t you take colo off and put jonas in his place
    surely that is what too brother wants.

• 250 toonbrother // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:28 PM

honestly i dont see why were playing cabaye midweek. if he gets injured we’re screwed in the league

• 251 jeff // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:28 PM

this commentator is so bad. yohan cabayEHHH

• 252 beefman13 // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:30 PM

What is obertan doing, nowt second half, get fergie on now AP

• 253 toonbrother // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:30 PM

they dont call him the dreamboat for nothing

• 254 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Cabs crossbar! Unlucky!

• 255 Big Pappa Cissé // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:30 PM

“Yohan, Yohan Cabaye everyone knows his name” :) so close

• 256 jeff // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:31 PM

krul could have caught that

• 257 toonbrother // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:31 PM

waddle what a to*sser

• 258 jeff // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:32 PM

that wasnt going in – needless corner

• 259 johng5 // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Sorry Chris waddle is a total f?!cking w^*nker what a blooby mackem

• 260 johng5 // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Sorry Chris waddle is a total f?!cking w^*nker

• 261 toonbrother // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:33 PM

tiote just brilliant. Cabaye still catching up with the pace of the game

• 262 johng5 // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Sorry Chris waddle is a total f?!cking knob

• 263 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:34 PM

They are getting alot of joy down the left now fergie on for tav?

• 264 johng5 // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Sorry Chris waddle is a prick Mackem

• 265 johng5 // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Chris waddle is a total prick

• 266 toonbrother // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:35 PM

sammiii :-D

• 267 johng5 // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Chris waddle is a total pr^^k

• 268 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Johng5
    Its okay mate we get it!

• 269 johng5 // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Chris waddle is a total wan..ker

• 270 toonbrother // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:36 PM

marveaux is the closest thing we have to cabaye and HBA- creativity wise

• 271 johng5 // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:38 PM

I tell u what Chris waddle must really dislike us like. In every game he slags us off

• 272 toonbrother // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:39 PM

sammi take a bow son

• 273 johng5 // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:39 PM

I tell u what Chris waddle must really dislike us like. In every game nothing but hatred

• 274 toonking // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:40 PM

well this sub being the last one must mean pardew is going to now start ferguson on sunday.

• 275 Burni // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Who mentioned romain earlier? Lol well here he is!!!

• 276 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Burni
    Was me, ummm beardsley *fingers crossed ;)

• 277 toonbrother // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:42 PM

more brilliant passing from cheick

• 278 toonbrother // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:43 PM

taylor is playing central defence all by himself

• 279 shearer 9 // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:47 PM

obertan is so bad what does alan see in him he does nothing

• 280 Big Pappa Cissé // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Could have been worse

• 281 toonbrother // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:49 PM

great game by the lads. motm : sammi and tiote

• 282 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Well in many ways that game could have gone either way!

• 283 Toon Tang // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:49 PM

i honestly dont fu cking believe it. i turn on for the 7.45 kick off on ls hunter and the bastard game has just finished

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• 284 Tonytoon73 // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:52 PM

I am glad Christmas is coming, coz if obertan is a footballer i was gonna flash my arse in fenwicks window. So that has saved the public coz he is pure shite.

• 285 ToonDownSouth // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:52 PM

It’s interesting that despite Shola being (seemingly) far less mobile than Ba and Cisse, there’s so much more movement when he’s playing because players know that he’s going to win the ball and give it to them.

Sammy, Marveaux, Tav and Anita showed the constant movement and hunger for the ball that Jonas, Cabaye, Ba and Cisse seem to be lacking.

• 286 Magpie from Lithuania // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Stop bashing Obertan, he is getting his confidence back. He is still very young inexpirienced player, still learning,and he is playing better and better. He will come good. Sammy will be a superstar though :D

• 287 toonking // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:54 PM

well after slightly poor start to the game we did well and came from two goals down which is something i bet would never have happened last season
    MOTM shola brugge defends were given a nightmare because of how much of a threat he posed
    as for pardew well i hope for sure he has left ferguson ouut so he starts on sunday and also took willo off because he wanted to rest him for sunday.

• 288 JTOONJ // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:55 PM

john be quiet.

• 289 BelfastMagpie // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Really hope willo isn’t injured.

• 290 shearer 9 // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:57 PM

how can u say obertan is inexpirienced hes been in the premier league for atleast 5years . he does nothing in the games and he has not improved since joining man u thats y they sold him

• 291 Super Magpie // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Considering we were 2-0 down I’ll take a draw. Our defence was very dissapointing tonight and Tavernier made a few errors. He isn’t ready for the PL yet judging of what I’ve seen of him this season.

Sammy was good tonight as was Marveaux except from his early howler. Krul had a good 2nd half and kept us in the game. I seriously hope Willo isn’t injured because with Simpson at CB on Sunday West ham will run riot with crosses.

And Anita’s volley was fantastic. :D

• 292 manxpie // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:59 PM

johng5 sorry but i didn’t quite get wat your oppinion of chris waddle was can you tell me again plz

• 293 t00ntime // Nov 8, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Imo obertan looked good when passing but as soon as a cross or shot was he needed he didnt look good at all. There is still hope for him but he really needs to practice crossing.

Marveux looked sluggish imo. He had some good moves and set pieces but also some really bad passes though he hasnt played many games so understandable.

Shola imo still didnt look as good as people were saying. He had sum nice touches but for me, shola plays better with a partner to give it to (like sammy or cisse or ba) but cant say he was bad today, he looked average.

Colo didnt look his usual self and for some reason he seems to look really confused by a simple route 1 ball. I dont know why, he has lots of skills but 2times in 2 games he got confused by a ‘simple’ ball.

Krul looked bad first half but made some great saves in the second half.

Imo a draw was about right both teams had great chances, we probably had the best/easiest (marv’s miss) and the closest ( cabaye hit the bar)
    Happy with a point, cud of had more but definatly cud of had less lol

• 294 Ketsbaia9 // Nov 8, 2012 at 8:00 PM

I’ve missed the game. Was Williamson at fault for both of the goals? How did Marveaux and Amalfitano play?

• 295 josh // Nov 8, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Your mother was at serious fault for your birth kets. Redeem her mistake

• 296 beefman13 // Nov 8, 2012 at 8:01 PM

toonking, i also hope fergie starts on sunday, if not what is AP playing at, hes done nothing wrong for us, but hes still getting overlooked.

on the game a poor start decent in the middle and a poor ending, yet again we cant keep playing on a certain level throughout, in fact when we are getting beat in any game we tend to be better. 2-2 away in europe is ok, dont want to complain to much.

previous post: Nolan – Newcastle A Top Notch Place To Play Football