The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Pardew Talks About Newcastle’s Three Big Injuries

9:54 am, Thursday, November 8th, 2012 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 8 Comments

Alan Pardew will not be taking injured players James Perch, Yohan Cabaye and Demba Ba to Brugge for tonight’s game in the Europa League Group D – but we were hoping that Cabaye and Ba would be available for our game against West Ham at St. James’ Park on Sunday – a game we can win.

Yohan Cabaye – will he be fit for Sunday?

Alan Pardew had said after the 1-1 draw at Liverpool that James Perch’s injury was not good, and that the Brazilian star would be out for a number of weeks.

But Alan was more hopeful of Ba and Cabaye being fit for Sunday,  so his words today may go against that.

This is what the Newcastle manager said:

“This is an opportunity to get the qualification sorted, but it’s easier said than done. After the last game we are all aware of Brugge’s qualities and we’re carrying three more big injuries after the trip to Liverpool at the weekend.”

“Cabaye, Perch and Demba definitely won’t play, so that’s three big players that are out of the equation before we’ve got on the plane. That doesn’t give me a lot of options to rest players or shuffle the team around.”

It depends on what “three more big injuries”  means – does it mean three big players have injuries, or three players have big injuries.

We hope it’s the former, and that Yohan and Demba can start the game against the Hammers, and James will be out around four weeks with his thigh injury.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Demba Ba · Injuries · James Perch · Newcastle News · Perchinho · Yohan Cabaye

8 responses so far ↓

• 1 jesperfuglsang // Nov 8, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Bird or no word, there is absolutely no activity on here today!

Ibiza…you know no matter how high a bird flies, it has to come down for water. So come down and join the non going discussions :-D

• 2 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 8, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Jesper…..Nice way of dragging me in. Well played.

Okay, firstly, it’s a bit chilly down here….what we discussing….I suppose tonight’s fixture should be the topic.

Pardew seems to be lowering expectations for the game. I don’t for one minute think that he’s going for a draw, more trying to keep the fans somewhat realistic and remove pressure from the players. I’m expecting us to give them a go. Yes we are missing some key players, but we will probably have the same amount of key players in this game as we have in the other EL fixtures.

• 3 jesperfuglsang // Nov 8, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Okay I’ll start…for me injuries and suspention are an opportunity for AP to ‘kill his darlings’ it is not necessarily a problem :-) merely a opportunity!

• 4 jesperfuglsang // Nov 8, 2012 at 10:16 AM

So I didn’t start :-)

Ibiza…I would be surprised if AP didn’t go for the kill; Brugge is hurting and we need to be all over them. Would also give us a big momentum for the WHam game.

• 5 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 8, 2012 at 10:28 AM

Jesper….I think we could make “Kill his darlings” your middle name :)

Now is the perfect time to get at Brugge, I agree.

• 6 jesperfuglsang // Nov 8, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Ibiza…maybe I should add that to my monicker; like your back by popurlar demand :-)

• 7 jesperfuglsang // Nov 8, 2012 at 10:32 AM

…Ialso thought about adding captain of the lemon crew, since ppB always refer to me that way ;)

by the way where is ppB?

• 8 Graeme // Nov 8, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Maybe “killing them” could be deemed a trifle drastic though? Perhaps dropping them could be a possibility, although I believe that from anything above 3 feet would have serious “Elf n Safety” implications??

We really dont want to upset “Elf n safety”!!

previous post: Barton – Newcastle One Of The Most Forward-Looking Clubs