Newcastle’s Young Star Out For Two Months

We reported this morning that Newcastle’s 17 year-old stiker Adam Campbell was out with a knee injury, but we didn’t realize it was so serious, and now news today that Adam will be out of action until the new year, and the injury is a lot worse than first thought..

Adam Campbell – out for two months with a knee injury

Adam picked up the injury during practice, and he missed the under-21s’ defeat to Manchester United on Monday night and is now ruled out until January.

That’s a bit of a blow, and it looks like when he received the injury,  he didn’t think it was too bad, and played on after some treatment from the physios, but in retrospect that now seems to have been a huge mistake, and he’s out for two months.

That’s a pity,  because Adam is making rapid progress this season, and we could see him playing in the first team before the end of the season, although the injury will put a brake on his progress.

The 17-year-old made his first-team debut against Atromitos in the Europa League fourth qualifying round in August, and he’s has scored five goals in seven Under-21 Premier League games this season.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• markmac

Nov 14, 2012 at 3:59 PM

great,even less striking options available to us now

• rainrix

Nov 14, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Awww i was hoping he could start a game in the europa league once we had qualified for the knockouts, Shame 🙁

• catchy in norway

Nov 14, 2012 at 4:18 PM

he is young , he will bounce back quickly,

good luck

also good luck jonas, i wish you a speedy recovery too

• bettyswallocks

Nov 14, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Rotonda

I agree with your 433 being the best system for our current squad.

My theory is that there is some dis harmony amongst the coaching staff as how to best implement this system especially with Ba insisting on a more central role.

I also think that theres a bit of a grudge situation between Baand Cisse hence one looking very sulky when the other one is getting the goals.

I think we should keep one of them and replace the other with a quicker more skillfull forward who can run behind defences and link the play better.

• seancavaz

Nov 14, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Just out of curiosity I typed into google “newcastle united linked with striker” and low and behold it brought up a few random names. However, read the link, did a bit of background digging, and found this

£5.3m current market value, 26 years of age, 16 appearances and 13 goals thus far this season.

Who knows eh!

• fray bentos

Nov 14, 2012 at 4:44 PM

@dead man walkin

Stop being so pendantic

Yeah maybe you didn’t say 80% fans wanted him out, despite the fact you said 80% would in 5 games if they don’t go well

The point i was getting at is that you have decided that 80% of fans at the ground share your opinin, how would you know this?! thats what im getting at. Its really rather silly to say such things

• fray bentos

Nov 14, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Good to see that Ben Arfa goal in that award thingy but does anyone not think the Bolton one was better?

• Transfer Sage

Nov 14, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Irrelevant injury as the lad has had about 10 minutes all season.

Shame but pardew should have had more minutes out of him by now.

• dcarter90

Nov 14, 2012 at 5:01 PM

i think you forget we were relegated and then came back as a really strong team, MA keep his money tight so AP cannot get every player he wants, he has done well to pick out some, unreal players for pennys along with giving youngsters a chance. we are going in the right direction. the season has bareley began lets just see what happens as the season progresses. although i do agree 433 is the best formation for our current squad.

• dead man walkin

Nov 14, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Freon cue again miss quoting me

80% don’t share my opinion, and yes may be I should not have put a figure on it , but trust me , fans that go to watch them play are not happy, and like I say more and more are getting sick of watching this type of football, and that no is high, I have only been on here a few weeks, but I do not think that from what I have read from fans on here that there is so many happy fans here to, and I would go as far to say nearly all want something to change, whether that be a system or personnel , ( not saying Pardew just players)

Me I don’t like any man losing his job, but I think this is to much for Pardew,
    I think he is losing the fans, and when this happens I think he will lose the players if he has not already,

These are only my thoughts

• fray bentos

Nov 14, 2012 at 5:21 PM

how did i miss-quote you again?

You said 80% of fans at the ground are not happy like yourself, did you not?

You don’t sit everywhere in the ground so you really are not at liberty to say such things, i didn’t get that impression last games i was at

Im not happy with the football at the moment, but im just not into blaming Pardew for all of it and am willing to give him time to sort these problems out, thats the difference

We don’t want to be in the different manager every season situation again

• Quasi.modo

Nov 14, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Too much for Pardew?

Yeah he clearly buckled under the pressure taking us to 5th didn’t he?

The problem is that people want things to change instantly, these are the same people who were glad that SBR was sacked after we had finished 5th and failed to qualify for the CL.

Really wish all these armchair managers would stop believing the delusion that they know more than the manager, he sees the players on a daily basis and he is the one that knows the best system. It is then up to the players to sort it out and play.

Direct your anger/scrutiny where it is due. We have had too many poor performances from our big players and that is the bottom line. No other formations or systems can substitute performances, and frankly we haven’t seen enough of them this season.

• fray bentos

Nov 14, 2012 at 5:35 PM

@quasi

well said

Too many posters on here think its as easy as changing the formation to 4-3-3-, taking Jonas off then asking the defensive players to pass short

For its really very easy to just point the finger at Pardew and say he’s asking the players to hoof the ball up, ofcourse we have played alot of long balls but has Pardew really asked for this, from what i saw at Anfield, the liverpool players put alot of pressure on our defence when we had possesion and our midfielders weren’t giving them passing options which led to many situatiosn when they were almost forced to pass it long. Now you could blame Pardew for this but you could also blame defender confidence, technical ability, midfielders not doing their job or simply not having a good enough movement in the team, the players are all accountable for this aswell as Pardew.

Just saying there is definatley something going wrong but its not easy as just saying Pardew is clueless cos he plays long ball!! he’s obviously not clueless, he got his 5th and you don’t get a team 5th by fluke, sorry but you don’t

• bettyswallocks

Nov 14, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Quasi

The manager and the coaching staff set up the team and the plan of attack.

The players have to play to their strengths which is why the lack of an attacking system prevents our flair players and strikers showing their ability.

Why do all the French rave about Cabaye when he s only showed us glimpses of his attacking ability.

How many goals would BA or Cisse get for Arsenal.

We have great players with a crap system.

• dead man walkin

Nov 14, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Frey

I said there not happy with the direction he is taken the team, this is not a knee jerk reaction , this is the second season of poor football , finishing 5th only masked the problem of the poor football,

I am not a Pardew fan at all, a lot of the fans around me are
    Lenny dogleash did the same thing, 2nd then 12th

And for me, I guess us armchair managers can see we have better footballers than they are currently showing, these players have shown us many times before in real matches what they can do

BA left wing, before ACN 16 goals, left wing none, us it smart to play him there?

Cabaye DMC , is this his best place, from what I seem and liked was when he played higher up the pitch, playing great balls to Cisse,

Cisse , without service why is he on the pitch, he carnt run at players and do it himself , but put good balls in the box he has shown he can finish

Jonas, this season he has been a total passenger , I don’t think even he knows if he is lb/lw/DMC another wasted player on the pitch,

You say it will come good soon, I ask how when we are carrying to many players
    Out of form or out of position it’s up to Pardew to sort and It don’t look like he is doing anything,

Shola on v Sunderland , for his record against them, subbed ran down the tunnel , next week starting line up on the right side of 3 , and one thing we all know about shola is he is lazy so is the right side of a front 3 any good for shola, I don’t rate obertan , but he would be better suites there for speed alone

As for Pardew being out of his depth, I find it strange why in European games we are more attack minded, yet if he don’t finish in a high position or a cup we will not get a sniff of Europe nex year,

So I ask , next season, if we don’t qualify for Europe and finish bottom half , is that failure ?

I would think that is a step backwards

• Rotonda heights

Nov 14, 2012 at 6:07 PM

paredw picks the formation and 442 = long balls.

Do you genuinely think he has benny and cabaye playing in their peferred right positions, one on the wing and one holding, come on man.

It’s not like pardew needs to be shown 433. He’s seen it work spectacularly well. Why he’s persisting with 442 is just a total mystery.

You can make all the excuses for pardew but those 2 alone and cisse would be blinding in other teams. That day may not be off if this crap continues.

• dead man walkin

Nov 14, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Fans will have there say soon I think

• Tsunki

Nov 14, 2012 at 6:28 PM

When are we going to see 4-3-3? When, I ask.

What is a 4-3-3 btw?

😀

• Quasi.modo

Nov 14, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Fans will have their say? From what I have heard/read on this blog at times I sincerely hope they don’t.

Leave the running of a football club and team to those who know what they’re doing.

• Tsunki

Nov 14, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Ha Ha Ha this is another classic blog fire – are we seriously talking fan revolt? I know there were some grumbles in the gallowgate at the hammers game but I don’t recall any ‘Pardew Out’ chants. More of a ‘that was a ***** game’ genre.

• Rotonda heights

Nov 14, 2012 at 6:36 PM

getting a new manager under ashley isn’t an option in any case, but it doesn’t mean we have to like what we’re seeing when the solutions seem so obvious except to pardew

• Quasi.modo

Nov 14, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Those solutions wouldn’t have anything to do with 4-3-3 would they?

God this is tiresome.

• Lemmingsrus

Nov 14, 2012 at 6:43 PM

It’s one step forward two steps backward.
    Why buy players like Cabaye, Benny, Anita, if you aren’t going to play a passing game ?
    Who sets the team up ?
    Gotta place responsibiiity where it lies

• nufc786

Nov 14, 2012 at 6:44 PM

as i recall when we started playing 4-3-3 all the team was happy…… we were playing gr8 football except for one whose goals had dried up. ba was not keen playing on the left and wanted to play more centrally where cisse was playing at the time……..

• dead man walkin

Nov 14, 2012 at 6:46 PM

19Quasi.modo // Nov 14, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Haha you think lambass has any idea on how to run a club, may be a strip club but not a football club

You trust him do you ?

And as for the crowd and the chants of Pardew out, no I don’t think it will happen at Swansea , but there will be lots if booing at the end, and tunski you know as well as I do , it’s not just west ham , it’s been all this season , more and more are asking what I up,

I’m not asking for us to play like barca, right now I would be happy if we played like west brom

• Tsunki

Nov 14, 2012 at 6:46 PM

So tell me, does this 4-3-3 or any magical formation make a group of naturally talented players suddenly pass the ball around better, and if so, would anyone mind explaining how?

This deserves another smiley 🙂

• BelfastMagpie

Nov 14, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Did I just hear somebody say fire? 😉

Hold on & I’ll call for back up.

• Quasi.modo

Nov 14, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Such a shame that such a brilliant resource for Newcastle fans worldwide has been taken over by people hell bent in trying to dampen what is surely one of the most solid periods in the club’s recent history.

We are a PL club, not only that but we’re a top 5 PL club who are currently playing in Europe. We may not be playing the most exciting football ever witnessed at SJP but who knows where we’ll finish this season but I’ve a feeling that these sentiments are going to fall on deaf ears anyway.

Some of us will just quietly enjoy the stability while the rest of us will enjoy having something to moan about hoping and praying for even worse to come around the corner so you can complain some more.

• Tsunki

Nov 14, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Nufc 786 what are you doing man? Thats the opposite of blog killing lol.

• Quasi.modo

Nov 14, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Dead man walking

Do I trust Llambias not to rob the shirt off my back? No I don’t. Do I trust him to run a football club better than you would? Yes, yes a million times yes.

• Rotonda heights

Nov 14, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Quasi

We bow to your superior thoughts. It’s only boring because it never happens and we’re subjected to the same old same old every match.

We know what doesn’t work, why not try something that does, I don’t care if it’s 433 / 4231 or even 451, basically with one central striker. Benny and cabaye are our tevez and mascherano all over again.

If the penny finally drops with pardew good on him but why keep flogging something that the players a) aren’t happy about and b) isn’t taking us anywhere or maybe West ham, Charlton and southampton fans are all wrong about pardew too.

• nufc786

Nov 14, 2012 at 6:50 PM

i just returned give me a break tsunki……

• nufc786

Nov 14, 2012 at 6:51 PM

🙂

• Rotonda heights

Nov 14, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Quasi

We are allowed to be discerning about the shit football we see week in week out. If you’re happy, bless you. Maybe you are easily satisfied and don’t ask much out of life

Supporting ashley’s initiatives as I have done and pardew as manager aren’t mutually exclusive

• Tsunki

Nov 14, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Well G_) Fawkes night is over but the fireworks keep going. Its the gift that just keeps on giving.. Right I have caused enough trouble, off out for a steak. Time to chew real meat.

• barkerslovesnufc

Nov 14, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Shame he injured was really looking forward to see him play sooner then later.. People on here bore me n I’ve been here a long time but never comment, I wish tho there was a like button with some comments

• Quasi.modo

Nov 14, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Rotonda

I really am bored with talking about this rubbish but it won’t make one bit of difference so let’s let the gaffer get on with it.

You’ve no idea what the players think or feel about the system they are playing so to comment as assertively as you do is incorrect in my view.

But I really don’t care, it’s APs job to worry about all that, not mine so I am going to get back to what we all should be doing and that’s supporting the team.

• Quasi.modo

Nov 14, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Rotonda

Do you stop to listen to how condescending you come across?

• Ketsbaia9

Nov 14, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Benteke from Villa looks a decent player. We should be signing players like that. £7m for a 21 year old. Shame the majority of players in Villas team are poor.

• dead man walkin

Nov 14, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Quasi

It’s funny how your bored about talking rubbish but not bored watching it,

Out of interest , you have agreed that something has to change, what would you change,

After all that’s all we are asking him to do, freshen it up abit, change the system some players or all the players , but do something,