Newcastle Interested In Italian International Midfielder

Both Spurs and Newcastle are reported to be interested in 22 year-old Udinese midfielder/withdrawn striker Diego Fabbrini, after the Italian revealed he could leave the club in January.

Diego Fabbrini – 22 year-old Italian International

Fabbrini made his debut for Italy when they lost 1-0 in a friendly to England, and this lad looks a good player, and certainly is an exciting prospect with loads of skill and ability.

But the problem for the 22-year-old is that he’s ambitious, yet has made only five appearances for Udinese this season, and he wants to play first team football, and is willing to leave Udinese and Italy to get those first team games.

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew will get backing from the Board to bring in some new players in January, and he could be ready to try to get a second Italian into the Newcastle squad, with Davide Santon proving he’s an excellent prospect with his fine displays for Newcastle this season.

Beppe Galli is the agent of the Italian international, and he had this to say to Sport Italia:

“Fabbrini is a talent, but he needs to play to show that.” “It’s certainly not an ideal situation and the player himself has asked for more space in the side to prove himself.” “To get value out of a youngster you have to give them a chance.”

“I’ve spoken with the club and if things continue as they are then it would be right to find a solution that would allow him more regular playing time.”

Diego can play as a second striker, in the role that Kevin Nolan was so successful at playing while he was at Newcastle, and certainly the 12 times capped Italian U21 International has great potential.

We think this lad would be a good signing for the club, if Newcastle can get a decent deal for him.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• shanghai fan

Nov 15, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Strangely looks like Aquilani…

• archaeomag

Nov 15, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Could do more on the hair front . .

• wynsleap

Nov 15, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Swap him for Marveaux or Obertan – or both.

• Super Magpie

Nov 15, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Catchy

You haven’t answered my questions, don’t try and get away from the subject.

On Swansea, if Cabaye doesn’t play then we don’t have any attacking midfielders except HBA and he can’t play CM. Sissoko would be a good driving midfielder ( similar to Diame on Sunday) to try and get us forward. But ATM we haven’t got any attacking midfielders except Cabaye, so we don’t have a choice.

• Charlietoon

Nov 15, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Super I think we’ll play with a big rock in the middle of the pitch in the form of Tiote and Anita. Obertan and Fergie outside them hitting it up to Hatem in the hole and Cisse or Ba whichever is the fittest. Cabaye is the heart of the team though and will be missed.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Nov 15, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Buenas! How we all doing today?

Anyone heard much about this guy before?

Archeomag….He’s young, the hair is promising for a lad his age. That barnet could turn out to be one inspiring monument in the future….which we both know will make him a cracking player.

Catchy…..How’s it going with your badges? Are we any closer to having a competent manager?

• Tsunki

Nov 15, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Resembles Lambrini in many ways. Cheap but with a bit of fizz. Ok it needs a bit of polish to get it to work I know I know

• Blaydon-Toon

Nov 15, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Midfield is hardly our priority for strengthening unless we sell ! Striker Central defender and full backs a lot more important although getting sissoko for free would not be a bad bit of business !

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Nov 15, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Blaydon……I don’t mind midfielders coming in, as long as it’s not at the expense of positions we are in greater need of.

People were complaining about Anita being signed in the summer, as they felt it wasn’t needed. I don’t think that is why the defenders didn’t come, as I also don’t think having that extra £5m available would have changed what we offered for those players.

The more the merrier and we can’t choose the order in which players become available. If they improve us, great, but please don’t neglect the areas we ALL know need strengthening (I mean, come on, it’s really the one area of our club that pretty much every person agrees on).

• Super Magpie

Nov 15, 2012 at 5:07 PM

I must have scared catchy away with my Pro Pardew propaganda. 🙂

On signing midfielders, Sissoko would be a good signing IMO. He brings that driving force that we lack in midfield. A midfield 3 of Tiote, Cabaye and Sissoko would be one of the best in the league.
    I’ve never heard of this Udinese youngster so wouldn’t know what to make of him.

But defenders remain our priority atm and we need atleast 2.
    In a perfect world we would sign 2 defenders, a winger, a striker and a driving midfielder ( ala Sissoko).

Infact, in a perfect world we would sign Messi, Ronaldo, Ozil and Falcao.

• JAMSHA

Nov 15, 2012 at 5:07 PM

LOOKS LIKE AIMAR

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Nov 15, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Super….You’re showing symptoms of ketsitus. Have you been exposed to kets over the last week or so? If you have, get to your GP a.s.a.p, there is still hope.

So when is Messi arriving?

• Super Magpie

Nov 15, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Ibiza

Oh no, next I’ll be slating Simpson and Williamson and stating they are pub league players. What have I become?

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Nov 15, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Super Magpie….Enlightened? Keep it up and you will be known at the poster who talks the most sense….apparently 🙂

I think you’ll find they’re primary school football team standard btw.

Right then, I am off. Bye for now.

• Tsunki

Nov 15, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Charlietoon – is that a 4-4-1-1 then? Or a 4-2-2-1-1? I’m confused but I still like the idea.

• Tsunki

Nov 15, 2012 at 5:23 PM

I’d like to thank everyone for glossing over my Lambrini post. You are kind.

I must add though he has sad eyes, defenders would allow him to go past them because he loolks so cute aawwwwwwww.

• Ian Toon

Nov 15, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Tsunki- I just love your feminine side-awwww

• dead man walkin

Nov 15, 2012 at 5:30 PM

Giz a few mins I’m driving

• toonarmydownsouth

Nov 15, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Tsunki
    Of course he looks sad wouldnt you if at 22 your mum still insisted on cutting your hair?

• Tsunki

Nov 15, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Dead man – pull over for a minute then. Oh wait you can’t its an urban clearway. Never mind we will wait (multiple fingers tapping, silent whistling..)

• croftus5678

Nov 15, 2012 at 5:38 PM

whoohoo they have found out why cisse has lost form and he will shortly be back to his best YAY…aparently they took the lamb curry off the menu at st james park ^^
    but in reality our team is decent and whomever they bring in i’m sure will improve the team.

• Tsunki

Nov 15, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Tads – 🙂

• Ian Toon

Nov 15, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Mister Tuff- what an interesting earlier post. If Abraham Maslow were still alive doubtless he would have been at the forefront of the current debate on Pardew’s style of managerial leadership. He would also have had something to add on Mike Ashley’s authoritarian autocracy. The reference by another poster of a. ” dangerous poster” to which you referred would also have struck a nerve with Maslow.
    The inference being that under his behavioural theory Catchy ( the name of party) was behaving in the manner of a hanging judge ie like a lynch mob. Whilst it was doubtless for literal. Emphasis it does in my opinion have some merit. Another earlier poster had made reference to the impact a small number of disillusioned fans had had in the ultimate dismissal of Sir. Bobby. Hope you don’t find this totally irrelevant to the question of all that is NUFC.

• catchy in norway

Nov 15, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Super mag

I can only applaud the way the club is being run, there moving forward , even if lambass makes every mistake there is to make, buying cheap and selling high

But this aproach isn’t all good, we only buy players that match his valuations , and that I believe cost is defenders in the summer

On who to play and where to play, we only need defenders and a forward the best defenders are the ones who can kick the furthest 😉

Ibiza, onto my FIFA pro licence, got the same teacher as Pardew had, , he speaks very highly of him 🙂

• catchy in norway

Nov 15, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Ian I see you dodged my questions? And rightly so, why should you answer for your mate,
    Buy him a pint from me please,

• Super Magpie

Nov 15, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Catchy

And you dodged mine again.
    If Pardew was to be sacked, who would replace him?

Also,Llambias has always been a tight pr*ck and won’t change. We just have to put up with him.

• Ian Toon

Nov 15, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Ibiza- Sorry to have missed you. Your ” How’s it going with the badges”? Are we any closer to having a competent manager. Priceless.

• catchy in norway

Nov 15, 2012 at 6:15 PM

It is a tuff question

And who ever I say it will be shot down,

I like Martinez , but dave wheelan would never let him talk to Newcastle , him and Ashley don’t get on.

Gerrad houlier,

I really don’t know

Some one came on here the other day with a whole list,

But I don’t think we should keep a manager just because ppl might laugh at us,

Ole gunner is doing great over here, won the league with a team that hasn’t won it in 30 years or so

And no I’m not saying he will win us the league straight away, but molde play good football

As for lambass, I hate him more than Pardew ,

Haha we agree he knows nothing about football , and he appointed Pardew , hmmmm

• catchy in norway

Nov 15, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Ian lol

Ibiza was making fun , he knows how to,

Answer he questions or is all about poke fun Cos you can

You have no real opinions of your own, do you

• Lucky Les

Nov 15, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Vote that Counts

Would bloggers take a minute to consider voting for the local cancer charity Daft as a Brush Cancer Patient Care in the Vote that Counts .Please google the Vote thatCounts and vote Daft as a Brush.You may have seen our brightly coloured ambulances taking cancer patients free of charge to and from their homes to the Northern Centre forCancer Care at Freeman Hospital.All our drivers and companions give their time free of charge to help the cancer patients of the North East.If we could get third we will get £5000 towards a new ambulance but we get no prize for 4th..Your help is appreciated.

On a personal note I have supported NUFC for well over 40 years with heroes from Alan Suddick to Wyn Davies andSupermac to Shearer.I am a season ticket holder in the East Stand and enjoy the banter on this blog.Howay the Lads.

Thank you Ed for allowing this post to appear

• Super Magpie

Nov 15, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Didn’t we all disagree to Pardew’s appointment?
    Turns out we were wrong …

‘Molde play good football’
    In the Norwegian league? No pressure to do well?
    The fact you would rather have an inexperienced manager in charge of us speaks for itself. I don’t understand why you want Pardew to be sacked. If we win a trophy under him you’ll still probably want him sacked.

• BelfastMagpie

Nov 15, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Ibiza is as funny,as a death in the family.

• woolerbill

Nov 15, 2012 at 6:31 PM

What I don’t understand when I hear of a player we maybe interested in, spurs name pops up in them all. Maybe somebody in the toon management is a spurs spy. How many spurs fan do we have?.

• BelfastMagpie

Nov 15, 2012 at 6:36 PM

I would say it’s highly unlikely we’ll sign someone in the next window.

The Debuchy saga will probably be the hot topic on here,no doubt.

Im thinking negative its better that way. 🙂

• Ian Toon

Nov 15, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Beattie/Catchy/- Ibiza is a funny guy. That’s why I guffawed. At the outset I posted to you that your views were not worthy of consideration that remains my view. You represent the loudmouth shouting abuse at one of our players. All of the questions you posed on formations – reason for- reason against. Blah blah I have put forward long before you teamed up with Rotonda in your double act. I don’t share your views at all but I am not going to jump through the same hoops for the next few hours just to conclude that you loathe Pardew. Speak to Munster Mag I have been debating 4-2-3-1 and variations thereof with him for months. He’s not hell bent on driving Pardew out of the club.

• geordie157

Nov 15, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Not actually heard of Fabbrini.

On the transfer subject, with Hearts in a financial mess, would anyone agree that Callum Paterson would be worth signing in Jan, possibly with us loaning back or to a championship side. He can play rb,rm, st, bit of a raw talent but a good attitude.

• check the toastie

Nov 15, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Personally don’t think pardew shud b in anybodies thoughts regards the sack currently. However If I did not see some serious changes about how negative he is in the way he goes about setting the side up and playing square pegs in round holes I will b jumping on catchys martinez for the toon bandwagon. We r massively underperforming on the pitch.

• BelfastMagpie

Nov 15, 2012 at 6:47 PM

As if Ashley would pay millions to get a manager out of his contract.

Pardew would be replaced with somebody out of work and desperate for a job.

And somebody who buys into they’re purple chip player rubbish.

Better the devil ya know I say.
    🙂

• catchy in norway

Nov 15, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Super mag

I think most of us didn’t want Pardew , I think the vote was very high ,

He gets credit from some fans for steadying the ship, surely that was CH,

And that is very unfair on ole and molde, sure it’s not the best league in he world, but there is pressure on all managers to do well in what ever league

Pardew will never win a cup ever, the league is his best shot at anything where he can gain points ,

My logic behind that is, he is not a brave manager, he sits and invites pressure onto him, and our defence is not that good, this isn’t just a guess too, that’s watching him sit back and try and sneak a goal and defend, in the league that will earn you points , but one loss in the league it’s only points u lose, in a cup game your out

• Conaldo (The Wizard)

Nov 15, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Wizard news
    BREAKING:
    YOHAN Cabaye has been officially ruled out of Saturdays game with Swansea. The nufc official site has just announced it.

With that in mind, what are people’s teams for Saturday. Please bear in mind that cabaye and Jonas will not be playing, and there is a high chance that cisse may not play aswell.