Top Youngster – Pardew Is Important For Newcastle Future

We see that some fans are starting to question some of Alan Pardew’s selections, and the formation he has the lads play in, and that had to come after a mediocre start to the season, and then the very disappointing loss against West Ham on Sunday. Criticism like that is par for the course for any Premier League manager, especially when the side is not playing well.

Davide Santon – complimentary about Alan Pardew

But 21 year-old Davide Santon has often sung the praises of the Newcastle manager, who has handled players of different temperaments and personalities superbly since he ‘s been on Tyneside, and he’s brought along Davide Santon, and made him into a much better player than signed for us last year for £5M from Inter-Milan.

This is what Santon said about his manager in the local press today:

“I have a really good feeling with the manager.”  “He is a really good coach. It is important for us to have him.”  “He can give us confidence.”

“The boss knows the moment to say we are not playing well.”  “In the second half against West Ham, we were better and that was thanks to the manager.”

“He is a really good coach, and important for the future of Newcastle.” “It was a big decision. I had talks with my dad and my family and I think it was the best decision.”

“Newcastle, for me, are a big team and the players are young.”  “We have time to get better and play better.”

We have to hope that Davide keeps on improving this season, but he’s been excellent so far, and of course with his good form, he was recalled to the full Italian squad this week for the first time in 19 months.

Comments always welcome.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• bettyswallocks

Nov 16, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Theres no point buying another striker when we can t get the ball to the ones we already have.!!

• BelfastMagpie

Nov 16, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Catchy & Rotanda sharpen the pitch forks.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Nov 16, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Have time to play better? Pardew a good manager?

Young Davide isn’t very “in” is he, that sort of talk is so yesterday.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Nov 16, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Team against the plucking Swans:

____________Krul____________
    Simpleson_Willo__Saylor_Santoon
    Obertan__Tiote____Anita__Ferguson
    ____________HBA
    ____________Ba

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Nov 16, 2012 at 7:14 PM

I just want to at least feel the pulse of last season’s style & flair – HBA in a central role will hopefully breathe new life into our attacks.

• BelfastMagpie

Nov 16, 2012 at 7:16 PM

*Puts tin hat on*

Seen a Joey Barton interview the other day,saying Pardew was the best English he’s worked with.

It’s on that Nufcfans.co.uk.

• BelfastMagpie

Nov 16, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Oops.

*manager*

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Nov 16, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Belfast…Should I put my tin hat on as well? Is this what the big boys do? 🙂

It would be really hypocrtical of me to use Joeys words, as I usually spew something off to the tune of “what does it matter what Barton thinks”.

But f*** it. The best English manager he’s worked with people. That’s an ex player who got released from the club whilst under the same manager.

Ruddy….I’d like that to. However, I am being told that there was no attacking flair last season, just better executed and luckier long balls. How’s the name going, feeling like a change again anytime soon?

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Nov 16, 2012 at 7:21 PM

ffs Belfast….Was it just manager or English manager?

I should have known not to use news you supplied. Where is wizard, now there’s a reliable chap, not like you, ya useless tw@.

• BelfastMagpie

Nov 16, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Best English coach I think it was.

Maybe Barton just made it up lol

Who knows.. 🙂

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Nov 16, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Belfast…Made it up? Joey? Hang on now….

Or right, it’s Joey Barton. Probably then.

• BelfastMagpie

Nov 16, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Ibiza get yourself back on the venga bus and shut up.

• catchy in norway

Nov 16, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Belfast, it’s always ready
    So is my syth , I sit here every night typing and sharpening ,
    Making a list
    Pardew
    Obertan
    Shola
    Williamson
    Simpson
    Belfast
    Ibiza
    Ian
    Waiting for the day lmao

In all honesty , as a guy I reckon Pardew is a good man, and gets on well with the players of the pitch,
    In that I think is some if the problem, he is to close to them and may feel he is letting them down if he don’t pick them

Ibiza

Thank you, I now class you as my best friend

• jimmysmith

Nov 16, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Unconscionable football mastermind Pards now coercing his more impressionable, younger players to big him up in the press.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Nov 16, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Belfast….The Venga bus? Haven’t been on that for a good long while. Brings back memories mind. Also, no one shut up on the venga bus, so get your facts straight.

• BelfastMagpie

Nov 16, 2012 at 7:35 PM

See to be honest,them guys at nufcfans.co.uk are known for telling lies lol

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Nov 16, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Catchy….Best friend? Now I just think you’re being sarcastic. If not, fancy a sleep over? We can stay up late and watch old Newcastle footage on youtube?

There is a decent possibility that Pardew is a bit too close to his players. Motivation is great, but usually in the professional world, people need to know there is a consequence for not carrying out your job satisfactorily. This is an area of Pardews job that I have not a clue as to how he performs or even how he goes about it. Food for thought though.

I still believe that owner, manager and players alike believe in what they’re doing and have patience in what they’re trying to achieve. The alarm bells aren’t going off as there is no emergency. That’s my thoughts on it, I imagine after an hour and a half stuck in the car you’ve had some time to work on some stuff to show me how I’m wrong and I look forward to it 🙂

• BelfastMagpie

Nov 16, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Ibiza

I’d heard you went on tour with the venga boys one summer & didn’t come home?

Woaaaaaaah you stayed in Ibiza..

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Nov 16, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Belfast…Don’t know what you’re talking about mate 😉

You on fifa this evening? You’re seeming a bit above yourself (for a change), do you need putting back in your place?

• BelfastMagpie

Nov 16, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Did you fly away on venga airways? 🙂

Nah mate my missus refuses to let me on the playstation at night.

So It’s corrie and im a celebirty for me 2nite. 🙁

• catchy in norway

Nov 16, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Ibiza

My place or yours?

It was a long drive , and I did have a lot to think about in between the wham songs 😉 trying to get feel god factor back,

Daughters birthday tomorrow , got a few things to sort out for her party so I don’t know if il be on tonight

Just more time to brood over hating Pardew just what I need

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Nov 16, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Belfast…. 🙂 Sorry, not sure why I’m smiling so much. Can’t be anything to do with you having to watch corrie and celebrity this evening. Enjoy *sniggers*

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Nov 16, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Catchy….Wham you say? I promise you, one day we’ll find something we have in common 🙂

I’m off now anyway. Hope you’re daughter has a great birthday and that Pardew can give you something to think about as well and remember, don’t hate the manager, hate the game.

• jimmysmith

Nov 16, 2012 at 7:58 PM

First sticky patch in a remarkable two years under Pardew, nothing more than that at this stage, but he and the players will be be feeling the pressure to get a win v Swansea and I’m not sure that helps.

• fray bentos

Nov 16, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Ive worked it out, during pre-season Pardew was involved with a gangbang involving all the players wives/girlfriends

Thats whats happend. its obvious

And only one answer, get rid of all the players and buy a new squad as Pardew is the most important cog

• Tsunki

Nov 16, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Sticky patch? No, its the road to oblivion and we will never recover from this until Pardews name is scrubbed off his parking bay. Doomed I say!

I dont agree with an earlier poster who said simmo should be dropped as his head is elsewhere – I think now he has his eyes on a couple of new trophies he should be up for it.

Btw is that the real ruddy or the beardo one?

• AndyMac

Nov 16, 2012 at 8:05 PM

This is classic Fatman spin after all the anti Pardwho comments appeared post West Ham.

Surely the effort expended in getting players to “back the manager” would be put to better use by asking Pardwho how he’s gonna change this appalling run around ?

Same old same old 🙁

• Tsunki

Nov 16, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Didnt anyone miss me dammit? I put a lot of work into this dross I shovel out you know! Nobody appreciates what I do around here.

• LGFUAD21

Nov 16, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Evening lads. Long time to type.

We’ve had a poor start. And its the selection letting us down.

We have made the mistake of buying 3 strikers that do not particularly compliment each other that well.

Pardew knows that in order to give a team a good run for their money you have to boss the midfield. He’s said you can either do that with a striker that will drop back and work or with an extra midfielder in the hole.

Personally I think we have to get away from 4-4-2. Before people jump down my throat with “forget about formationg, its too much of a talking point” positionally yes, formation means very little. But in terms of the type of players we need to play a 5 man midfield with a lone striker. whether thats 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 with 2 wingers. They are much the same.

The worry with 1 striker is that they become isolated. But to be honest this only counts with long ball tactics. We are probably going to be more likely to score with a lone striker as it encourages the midfield to come into the game.

Ba is positionally our best striker. But at the moment we are ending up with 2 isolated strikers that simply cannot beat defenses no matter how good their first touches are.

Cabaye showed his attacking prowess in the Euros and Pardew has mentioned it before. We need to be playing Cabaye in the hole behind Ba, or Cisse. He needs to be in that position where he can pick out his smart passes that unlock defense.

People keep going on about our defense. Our defense hasnt lost us a game. Our lack of creativity and midfield presence has. I would sell a striker and bring in a different kind. Or even a midfielder and bring in a different kind (if its 1 in 1 out) just as much as strengthen our defense.

With Cabaye in a more advanced position, he gives us a long shot option (how many times has Ba been up field with the ball but been unable to give it to another player? Solution put cabaye behind him who we know can have a decent pop from outside the box. None of our strikers can do that. Only Cabaye and Benny.

Also Benny appears to have been encourage to run down to the byeline and cross from the edge of box. OK if Ba/Cisse and Shola were in positions to capitalise but they never are and this is still a chancing technique. He needs to occasionally try his magic like before and go it alone.

We sit back with 2 strikers up field in isolation. A true CAM would bring about better play. Plus they would allow the whole team to push up through better tackling abilities.

Leave the sweeping to Tiote, Anita, Bigi and Jonas or Perchy

Get Fergie or Marveaux or Sammy on the wing where they can do damage.

Fergie means a good balance between aerial balls into the box and HBA’s magic.

HBA should be allowed to roam. Simmo has proven he can handle it. He contains and holds up the opposition. Benny also tracks back with enough pace to do so. Benny doesnt have to tackle he just needs to mark/contain on the back foot. Which he can do.

Cabaye needs to be encouraged to make runs into the box ala Nolan. Or at least on attacks be floating on the edge of it where he can shoot or re-create.

• Tsunki

Nov 16, 2012 at 8:14 PM

AndyMac – so he should be frank and say its all going badly an he doesnt know how to put it right? Or should he tell the players to zip it and see how wound up the fans get?

• LGFUAD21

Nov 16, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Also one observation on the often criticised Obertan.

I said about a year ago he should be tried in the hole. I think he should for different reasons now. nothing to do with his pace.

On the wing obertan looks nervous, unsure as to what to do but run.

In the hole where he will be forced into tight spots he actually does some good things that go unnoticed by almost everyone on here. These go unnoticed because they are fleeting moments.

He seems to play better under this pressure when he has to make a quick decision but he picks out a pass and moves for the return. If those moments could be brough out of him more our play would be so much more dangerous.

Our major problem and this existed even when we played at our best last season is that we do not move the ball around fast enough. We never get at teams because of this. We never unlock defenses

• nico

Nov 16, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Anyonw who puts Anita in their team unless at right back obviously doesn’t watch the Toon play. He so far is the worse player I’ve seen at Newcastle in the last 4 years

• magpiepoot

Nov 16, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Nico I agree, I wanted to give Anita a chance but poor so far. I ain’t relishing the match tomorrow – hope pardew pulls something out the goody bag!

• nico

Nov 16, 2012 at 8:33 PM

magpiepoot
    Yes I’ve given Anita a chance, but he’s just got nothing to offer.
    Its going to have to be some great Pards tactics tomorrow to get a win. Sadly I can’t see how we’ll score unless Arfa does something special.

• check the toastie

Nov 16, 2012 at 8:35 PM

nico – you clearly havent watched Shola and Simmo closely for the last 4 years. Shola has only started trying since his brother came on the scene, before then he walked around with his hands in his pockets.

People having a go at Anita are truly clueless, the lad has class and will go onto prove it when we actually try and play some football rather than booting the ball over the lads head. Cant remember Simmo scoring many goals form outside the box form full back. Dunce.

• nico

Nov 16, 2012 at 8:36 PM

People are also saying about playing Carbaye in the whole. I don’t think he’s that type of player. He likes to drop deep and pick the ball up and set up play.
    We need a central mindfield player like Nolan, who will get in the box and get on the end of stuff.
    Hoepfully Carr’s looking for this type of player.

• magpiepoot

Nov 16, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Nico yeah arfa may well come up trumps – or even santon or obertan

• nico

Nov 16, 2012 at 8:41 PM

check the toastie
    I like Shola, and Simpson is not the best but a decent defender. Yes, Anita scored from outside the box with a volley. I’ve done that and I’m not good enough to play for the Toon.
    Also, in reference to you calling me a ‘dunce’. You really need to look up what that word means. Watching pretty much every game live and forming an oppinion doesn’t make anyone a dunce. Somebody implying a person is a dunce because of this, may well in fact, be a dunce.

• nico

Nov 16, 2012 at 8:43 PM

magpiepoot
    Yes mate, hopefully. Both show promise. Santon will score if he shoots when getting into good positions and Obertan will hopefully get better when he grows in confidence. He’s looked good in Europe this year.