Newcastle Linked With Brazilian-Born Stiker

Rodrigo Moreno Machado is a 21 year-old striker born in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil in 1991, who moved to Spain in his early teens, and settled in Galicia and starting playing football with Celta de Vigo in 2005, before moving to Real Madrid as an 18 year-old in 2009, and there are reports that Newcastle United are interested in this talented player.

Rodrigo – 21 year-old Brazilian born Spanish striker

Rodrigo played 18 times with 5 goals for the Real Madrid B team, and in July of 2010 he signed a five-year deal with Benfica for around €6M (£4.8M), with Real Madrid having an option to buy him back for €12M through 2012, but the buyback clause has since been canceled.

Rodrigo has played 9 times for Benfica this season and has scored 5 goals, and in total he has made 47 appearances with 20 goals for the Portuguese side, and he was on loan at Bolton the season before last, and scored one goal in 20 appearances for the Trotters.

Rodrigo has decided to represent Spain at the International level, and he has played for all the Spanish Youth sides, and 10 times  for the Spanish U21 side with 12 goals,  and he’s made 4 appearances for the U23 side.

This lad looks like a good player,  but he will not come cheap, but maybe Newcastle could still bring this lad to Tyneside, assuming that his value could double in a couple of seasons.

The Newcastle manager Alan Pardew has said those are some of the circumstances where the Tyneside club would pay out big money for a player.

This lad is also the right age at just 21, and he would be a good 4th striker at Newcastle, and we hope that Graham Carr is busy scouting this youngster in Spain.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Brutooon

Nov 19, 2012 at 11:47 PM

one goal in 20 games for bolton???

Ehmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• archaeomag

Nov 19, 2012 at 11:53 PM

@Brutoon
    says it all . . .
    . . .but I see he knows how to do a Shearer celebration – is that enough to get him signed?

• Tsunki

Nov 19, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Brutooon – ha didnt think I would spot you there, did you? Is this lad better than Shola, do you think? 😉

Anyway, the really important thing I wanted to say that sums up the whole problem with the team at the moment and will solve all its problems and put everyones mind at rest including catchy’s is…er…oh dear, everyone seems to have gone. OK well I guess it will have to wait for another time. Only hope I remember what I was going to say when I get up tomorrow morning. Goodnight.

• OhSholaAmeobi

Nov 19, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Was on loan to bolton 2 seasons ago and didn’t get a look in, but did well enough last year that they sold saviola and have loaned out oliveira. Plays well alongside cardozo.
    Just what benfica forums say.

• Brutooon

Nov 20, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Archaeomag : dont mind the shearer celebration but if he only do that 5 times in 100 games….just a waste of time hehe

Tsunki : Ameobi’s smile is better than him!

• jayphoto

Nov 20, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Thoughts on the reserves tonight- shame about Rangers attitude cz he looked a player! Strong, physical and pacy, tbh if he had a good attitude he’d be 3rd choice striker!
    Abeid is NOT ready for the first team! He’s very good when the team have possession and he played well when we had the ball but when defending his positional play is very poor!
    Michael Riley looked good and has that Steven Taylor run through walls mentality!
    Inman looked good again, seen the reserves a few times and he always looks great, really surprised hes not closer to the first team!
    Curtis Good looked really good, id like to see him given a game alongside coloccini in the Europa league, very good with the ball, reminds me of a young Rio Ferdinand

• Sav

Nov 20, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Thanks jayphoto for the review of the stiffs. Good to hear. Ranger has that ‘run through doors’ mentality, especially when the door is attached to his mot’s flat.

• Seba29072

Nov 20, 2012 at 4:18 AM

Bought this guy on FIFA and he’s already an 84, so I think we should go ahead and buy him

• Santon03

Nov 20, 2012 at 4:50 AM

I think AP is getting too arrogant after doing well last season and won best manager award. AP is probably thinking his tactics are the best, because he was the best manager of last season, and he keeps making excuses about other things which preventing his tactics to work. AP needs to realize that his tactics doesn’t work anymore and need changing. People said he is meticulous about preparation for matches and yet he keeps playing the same tactic. It just said either he doesn’t know any other tactics or he is too arrogant thinking that his tactic will win games easily. I won’t be surprise if we keep playing the same tactic for the next 5 games or probably for the reast of the season.

• Santon03

Nov 20, 2012 at 4:55 AM

rest of the season*

• MacToon

Nov 20, 2012 at 5:25 AM

Seriously, this blog needs to take a deep breath…… ahhhhh

ok,
    Solano, nice to see you posting again but having a pseudo intellectual follow and adore your every word is a little unnerving to say the least……! You talk sense? Wouldn’t be the first time.

Overreacting could be the word of the moment. The last thing we want or need is a change of manager? For this season and alot of the last we’ve been served some dire football but up until now have achieved results, points on the table.
    We’ve all but qualified for the knock out rounds of the Euoropean Cup and ……….

I don’t mind Pards so much, he’s comes across as a pretty straight forward guy but is he tactically aware? is he good with the players on a 1 to 1 basis? On a team basis? Is he good dealing with the owner/managing director? Does he know where he’s going?
    Maybe more importantly is he being backed by the owner/director?

He talks a good game/season/direction, is it enough? I hope for one he’s the best thing since sliced bread and he’ll lead us to the promised land, I bet he wishes that too…. and I’ll wait and see…….
    Unfortunately I don’t have as many years ahead of me as I’d wish so the chance of seeing silverware at SJP seems a far off distant dream but we live in hope, year after year we live in hope. I’ve all but given up on seeing England winning anything in my lifetime, that’s sad even if I say it myself but NUFC, howay, we always have a chance don’t we? On our day we can compete with anyone……?.. but not on our day we roll over and submit to defeat far too easily?

The point, I don’t have any answers, Catchy doesn’t, Tads, Ibiza, Pushy, Jesper, Ian, Bills, Check etc ( too many to mention 😉 ) don’t. We rely on our club. Entertain us, make us competitive on a regular basis, make us into another Arsenal? Like I say, who has the answers? Pardew, Llambias and Ashley i hope.

anyway
    I’ve rambled on long enough… sorry! it’s “That’s the way” actually atm 🙂
    This is Mork to Orsen, calling off.
    A good vodka is as good as lsd? Who knows? x

• JDdubai

Nov 20, 2012 at 5:39 AM

Realise this may not be popular but we could do worse than focusing on getting Ranger’s head together and giving him another shot if he will tow the line….

Clearly he deserves to be bundled into a sack with a load of bricks and thrown off the quayside but right now, with what we have, he could, could just link up with Ba better than Cisse and be more effective and mobile than Shola and he is probably the quickest forward we have at the club too which is something we desperately lack…

Realise it all comes down to him but when he did play from the bench in our first season back up, lots of times he was all over the defenders he was up against

• zimtoon

Nov 20, 2012 at 6:16 AM

We have been linked with more than 20 players but got none.we have so many useless players like the obertans,williamsons,believe evn a aging Franj Lampard who’s surplus to Chealsea would play better than many in our 1st eleven

• cyprus

Nov 20, 2012 at 6:26 AM

Not been here for a couple of days, so comments about last few articles:
    On Simpson, if his private life is none of our business, then why are you reporting it Ed? Also, his girlfriend seems a pain in the neck! Finally, Danny, u can’t afford a second child at 10,000 a week?! (Parenthesis: agree with Ed, we must renew and respectfully up this good professional’s contract)
    On injuries: Wow, AP, you are swamped with injuries eh? You mention Vuckic, Raylor and Cabaye and only one of these would get in the team. ie. not a good excuse, dude!
    On this brazilian forward: 1 goal in 20 games in the PL, and he’s expensive too? hhm.
    On our team: confess, how many of you have been ‘secretly’ scrutinizing the PL table, checking how far from us (5 points) is that drop zone?

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Nov 20, 2012 at 6:58 AM

Morning lads!

…lets hope for a good week in loony tune 😉

I will assume we win the EL on Thursday, but we really nedd to start picking up points on Sunday (I not counting on anythimng to chance tactically so I am just hoping we will return our grinding out results from last season form :-))

…I’ll be back after 10 am (future time)

• Marty-Toon

Nov 20, 2012 at 7:06 AM

Get him in,his goals to games ratio is lethal 😉
    He may or may not suit the English game,,he’s done well at international level and knows where the net is.
    12 month loan deal with possibility to buy I’d say

• Indian Magpie

Nov 20, 2012 at 7:20 AM

Come on Sign this lad up.

Cannot do worse than Shola the donkey

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Nov 20, 2012 at 7:51 AM

…okay something went really wrong on my phone when writing that last post.

I’ll try again when I get some coffee and get to a computer 🙂

• LEROI

Nov 20, 2012 at 8:01 AM

Last time i posted was just after the win over WBA and i was complaining about passing and crossing, well we’ve improved alot on those two fronts. Now we need to get our finishing sorted… damn it! No but seriously if we keep the ball, pass it and get it through to the forwards we will turn it back around again i’m positive of that. keep the faith, those 2 loses might be the kick up ass we needed, i really think we can push on up the league from here.

• LEROI

Nov 20, 2012 at 8:05 AM

Oh and this kid the article is about seems a bit average can’t see us wasting anymore cash on average players. We may aswell play Adam Campbell when he recovers from his recent injury instead of bringing some lad in from portugal who seems about a 5/10.

• tonynufc

Nov 20, 2012 at 8:21 AM

Good bit of footage here. He scored a 4 goals in 1game. In the same game he scored 4. Good goals too.

• tonynufc

Nov 20, 2012 at 8:24 AM

Take a look at this video on YouTube:http://youtu.be/iofAWhHZKmI

• tonynufc

Nov 20, 2012 at 8:25 AM

4goals in1 game. 6 min hatrick

• tonynufc

Nov 20, 2012 at 8:26 AM

4goals in1 game. 3 goals in 6 mins

• tonynufc

Nov 20, 2012 at 8:28 AM

Sorry about all the comments. Damn phone said they couldn’t publish. Obv did

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Nov 20, 2012 at 8:30 AM

Jesper….You’re telling us mate. We’re going to win the EL this Thursday? The whole tournament? That’s pretty good going if you ask me….and to think people have been doubting Pardew.

On this striker. Don’t know anything about him….at all.

MFH….Decent comment. Let me know about the vodka…..

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Nov 20, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Tony…..Little excited this morning? 🙂

• tonynufc

Nov 20, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Ano. Kept saying your comment can’t be published. So I tried rewording it. Little did I know every comment was being published

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Nov 20, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Happens to the best of us.

Happens to the best of us.

Happens to the best of us 🙂

• Santon03

Nov 20, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Tony

Great video, he is a very good goal scorer, but I doubt he could play like that in this team with the style we play.

• Santon03

Nov 20, 2012 at 9:01 AM

Ibiza

Sorry, I’m not as optimist as you are, I already starting to doubt AP has any other game plans.
    How many games does it take to realize your plan doesn’t work? We escaped with a point or very lucky win sometimes. Are we going to do that every game? I can understand if we are playing against top 6 teams, but against lesser teams is unbearable to watch.

• geordie157

Nov 20, 2012 at 9:01 AM

We could take a chance on Prague striker vaclac kadlec, he’s talented, has pace and scores goals, think he’s 20. Plus he could play on the left of a front 3.

• Santon03

Nov 20, 2012 at 9:04 AM

sorry I mean Jesper 😛

• geordie157

Nov 20, 2012 at 9:05 AM

Not sure on giving ranger another chance, we need a striker but I feel the need for another creative player is greater! Belhanda would be perfect but prob too expensive so maybe a boudebouz or fetfatzidas are better options.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Nov 20, 2012 at 9:11 AM

Santon….I don’t mind jumping is (surprise surprise).

I do understand where you are coming from. Personally, I think he has tried to change some things around, and i know games like Everton etc aren’t a great gauge oh how well a new formation will do, but I can understand why Pardew isn’t confident to let his players just attack, we look worrying enough as it is. I think it’s a question of get back to basics, walk before you run, etc.

It’s a tough one, as it relies on believing that there is an actual long term plan. Without that belief, it must be painful as hell to watch this going on. I feel for you, but just aren’t in panic mode as of yet.

• Graeme

Nov 20, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Cant see the problem – swap him for Xisco (They wont need to pay us much ££ on top I guess.) He will be on less money than Xisco – a win, win situation; problem solved lol