Newcastle Transfer Target Also Interesting Some Big Clubs

Moussa Sissoko seems to be on the radar screen at Newcastle, and since the French International box-to-box midfielder becomes a free agent next summer, he could be brought in from his club Toulouse for a fairly nominal fee in January.

Moussa Sissoko – generating lots of interest

Moussa has already admitted he thinks Newcastle play some great football (although perhaps not in the last couple of games), and with Newcastle struggling to find a suitable replacement for Yohan Cabaye, who could be out a couple of months with a groin injury,  this lad would be an excellent addition to the squad in January, but there are other clubs after him in Italy and in Russia.

Sissoko admits that he will have to make a difficult decision with both Juventus and Newcastle keen on the player, but it wouldn’t surprise us if he decides to move to big-spending Anzhi Makhachkala, who would be able to pay him big wages, and much more than he would get on Tyneside.

The 23 year-old had this to say to calciomercato.com

“I have not yet decided what to do, I’m in a phase of reflection.” “Juventus, Newcastle and Anzhi interested in me? I know nothing about it.”

“Of course all these rumors please me, but that is the business of my agent, my uncle Bakary Sanogo.” “I have no preference about the type of league, the important thing for me is to play at a high level.”

“Italy and England are historically among the major championships, but I want to clarify that I would not have any problem even to go to play in Russia.”

That last sentence is a little worrying, because Anzhi Makhachkala are now owned by Billionaire Suleyman Kerimov, and Kerimov is trying to build the club into a European force, and the signing of Samuel Eto in the summer of last year and the appointment of Guus Hiddink as manager last February, have put the Russian club on the map, and they cannot be discounted.

But we’d love to see Newcastle win the race to sign the player, but it seems from his latest comments that Sissoko is still very much undecided on his future.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Krul Blow

Nov 19, 2012 at 9:04 AM

10 points for a correct answer:

Qn: In his last ever professional football game who replaced the substituted world-famous attacking midfielder Luis Figo?

Clue: It wasn’t Shane Ferguson!

• Ben3arfa

Nov 19, 2012 at 9:09 AM

santon?

• geordie157

Nov 19, 2012 at 9:09 AM

Sissoko is the box to box midfielder we are crying out for. If we could add him plus boudebouz to add some flair it would make a huge difference to or midfield and the quality of service to the strikers.

• jimiley

Nov 19, 2012 at 9:10 AM

He aint coming here then. Move on.

• WWYCD

Nov 19, 2012 at 9:10 AM

If Juve are after him I doubt we can beat them to him, they offer a lot more than us.

When did this rumour on Cabs being out until Jan come from?

• Transfer Sage

Nov 19, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Pushy pardew

From previous

I have not missed the point our squad is thin. I accept that it’s thinner than the top 5/6 teams in the league but not that different to the other 13/14 teams.

My point is we have players capable of stepping up.

It’s the way we are set up which currently means we struggle to link between the 3 areas if our team.

I think pardew has a difficult job managing without the defenders he needed, and seemed pretty confident he would get, only to be let down by the board.

• spitfire_

Nov 19, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Of course they are… And we won’t get him because we already lost our mojo from last season. The summer was the right time but no… we was tight @sses and look only on 3 targets… where of course we failed.

• ginkoh

Nov 19, 2012 at 9:14 AM

He or Valbuena or Debuchy will be class signing.

• ginkoh

Nov 19, 2012 at 9:14 AM

He or Valbuena or Debuchy will be class signing, no doubt.

• rainrix

Nov 19, 2012 at 9:19 AM

• WWYCD

Nov 19, 2012 at 9:24 AM

rainrix
    cheers for that mate hadnt seen it but Pards said he might need “a little bit of surgery” so its the chron who decided that could mean hes out til Jan?

• WorJordi

Nov 19, 2012 at 9:29 AM

If we can get a decent home win in Thursday it will set us up in a better frame of mind for the weekend. The team need a lift. A win will do this. it wont cure all the problems but with qualification for the Europa out of the way we can then concentrate on the PL. I am as jacked off as anyone about the way we are playing at the moment but I am a NUFC fan, I cant help it. I want to win and want to win a trophy BUT realise AP is not a hands on manager he is a HANDS TIED manager. So we have to back him. Name me one decent manager who would leave where they are now and take over the reins at SJP …… AND make a better job of where we are now Knowing who sits on the board? Go on…you can can you. Lets back AP and the lads and hope for a good result Thursday HWTL

• rainrix