The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Anita, Bigirimana, Ben Arfa And Marveaux All Start

7:00 pm, Thursday, November 22nd, 2012 by Ed Harrison · 408 Comments

The Newcastle manager Alan Pardew has made four changes to the side that started Sunday’s 2-1 defeat against Swansea in the Premier League, for tonight’s 5th game in Group D of the Europa League.

It’s quite a strong side tonight in a game where Newcastle can advance to the knock-out rounds of the Europa League with a win.

Fab Coloccini comes back in to lead the side tonight, and Hatem Ben Arfa gets his first start in the Europa league tonight, and 19 year-old Gael Bigirimana starts and Sylvain Marveaux is given another chance on the wing.

It’s Thanksgiving Day in the US – so I’ll try my best not to drink too much champagne, as the family are just about to sit down to our Thanksgiving dinner.

Team:

Newcastle United (4-2-3-1): Tim Krul; Danny Simpson, Steven Taylor, Fabricio Coloccini (c), Davide Santon; Gael Bigirimana, Vurnon Anita; Sammy Ameobi, Hatem Ben Arfa, Sylvain Marveaux; Papiss Cisse
Substitutes: Rob Elliot, James Tavernier, Shane Ferguson, Mike Williamson, Mehdi Abeid, Romain Amalfitano, Demba Ba

Referee: Danny Makkelie (Holland)

Howay The Lads!!

Tags: Europa League · Match Preview · Newcastle News

408 responses so far ↓

• 1 mattnufc // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Strongest team yet in Europe, looks like Pardew didn’t want to lose three in a row at home.

• 2 tequilamag // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Pardew should be playing 442, we need long balls out of defence.

• 3 toonking // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:03 PM

when i see a midfield 3 of sammy HBA marvo i believe that pardew is now experimenting how HBA will be in CAM if it works today i get a feeling that on sayurday we could do the very same thing only differance is on saturday it will be obatan and jonas wide.

• 4 jimmysmith // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Marveaux, c’mon mate, show some professionalism and start to contribute your undoubted talent. A little character, I know it’s not the French’s strongest suit but can’t you see the chance you have within your grasp right NOW!

• 5 Dannyo // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:04 PM

@tequilamag
    Just can’t please you can he, lol ;)

• 6 Graeme // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Pardeau is going for broke with qualification sorted tonight!! I think my 3 – 0 win prediction may be a tad too low!!

• 7 Dannyo // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:05 PM

@Toonking
    I don’t think you’re wrong, this is what the EL is good for, experimentation.
    Hopefully it’ll answer a few questions for AP today.

• 8 tequilamag // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Dannyo just my little jape, really looking forward to seeing this team tonight.

• 9 santonthenewmaldini // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Thats as close to a full strength team and its the way we should be playing in the league

Only replace Bigi with Tiote and swap between Cisse and Ba depending on form jeezo maybe Pardew is getting it through his brain!!!

• 10 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Tequila
    Lots of long balls its the only way!!!!

• 11 niafron // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Bonsoir messieurs.

• 12 roshan MAGPIE // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:07 PM

finally a strong team in Europe

• 13 Dannyo // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:09 PM

@tequilamag
    Plenty of flair there, hopefully too much for Maritimo.
    Swap Biggie with Tiote and maybe Cisse with Ba due to form atm, that’s the team i want to see in the league.
    Ofc, Cabs for Anita too when available.

• 14 tequilamag // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Tads that`s right if god had wanted football to be played on the floor he would not have invented Willo.

• 15 Big Pappa Cissé // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Marv & Benny are going to run the show tonight ;) . 4-0, Cisse hattrick and Marveaux

• 16 Widowmaker // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Maritimo will be destroyed within first half. No one is gonna to stop Benny tonite

• 17 toonking // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:12 PM

my prediction 3-0

• 18 Dannyo // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:12 PM

@niafron
    Evnin mate, you seen the line up? Gives me a good feeling. Mind i had that before West Ham and Swans too :P

• 19 tequilamag // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Dannyo, certainly a big game for Marv tonight. He looked good as a sub , will be nice to see if he has it over 90 mins.

• 20 Blaydon-Toon // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Evening Nifaron Q what position does sissoko play ? Ongoing from last thread Ashton said ask you so i did …

• 21 niafron // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:15 PM

@Danyo

I seen it. I’m a bit surprised, but a bit only. THis is the most important game, it would be uncertain to play in a live and death situation in Bordeaux.

Job got to be done today.

And from another point of view, with the team struggling in PL, the europa league seem more important now.

• 22 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Blaydon
    Lol

• 23 south coast toon // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:16 PM

this is it we gunna stuff em strongest team we played on paper yet in el com on benny show em what they been missing

• 24 Mister Tuff // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Looks like a very progressive/positive team. Certainly an experimental touch to it -as someone has already posted a strong team as Pardew does not want to lose three in a row. We might see a bit of flair in the game tonight. Only doubt is lack of height in midfield -nevertheless seems on paper very good -looking forward to seeing how this set up unfolds.

• 25 niafron // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:18 PM

@Blaydon toon

Wich one? There’s alot of Cissokho.

• 26 FatmanJoe // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Moussa

• 27 Dannyo // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Ryder says it looks like HBA will be sliding in behind Cisse.
    The role he was born for imo.

• 28 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Niafron
    Moussa at Toulouse

• 29 niafron // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Will wait the kick off until saying this is a 4-5-1. Pard made us some surprise in the past.

Furthemore, if this is a 4-5-1, i hope it will work. Got the feeling Pard do not really believe in such a tactic and would be relieved to come back to 4-4-2.

• 30 catchy in norway // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:21 PM

looks like a good line up, 2 wingers and HBA just behind CISSE, i hope
    looking forward to this,
    lets hope he gets it right and lets the attack,, and it should be a confidence booster if they can hammer them, they are a poor side

• 31 catchy in norway // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:22 PM

• 32 Dannyo // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:22 PM

@niafron
    I think it’s not just about qualifications, it’s about entertainment value and start the bounce back procedure.
    There’s allot of pressure tonight, and AP doesn’t only want to get through it, he wants it in style.
    And that’s important to lift everybody in and outside the club.

• 33 lesh // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Sarcy sarcy @tequilamag, being the wit round here’s Ibiza’s job. And Niafron, you’re being a bit naughty too.

Ed, enjoy your Thanksgiving and not being a native American, it appears to be any excuse for a glass of sherbert!! Chin-chin.

• 34 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Love the line up. Is it going to be one of those magic formations that whilst it is different, is actually 4-4-2? :)

HWTL.

• 35 breno95 // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:25 PM

4-2-3-1 line up.
    Strong line up with one weak link in Sammy ameobi.
    If it goes tits up can’t wait for the excuses from AP.
    Expecting a win to progress and then for the last game all the fringe players should play.

• 36 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:25 PM

A very strong team, has Pardew switched his priorities in terms on competitions? Is the EL now more important than the PL?

With all these first teamers playing tonight, will this not leave us a bit threadbare for the game against Southampton?

I’m pretty stoked that we have an awesome XI going out there tonight, in an exciting fluid formation though, perhaps he is testing this out to try it in the league.

• 37 Graeme // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Dannyo – agreed, this is Pardew making a ststement to his critics, wanting to show that his team CAN play football when given the chance!!

I so hope it comes off for him.

• 38 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Niafron

I get the feeling that you’re never happy, just my humble opinion.

• 39 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Lesh…Thank you. You wouldn’t believe the amount of times people try and take over my role on this blog – who do they think they are? :)

Also, thanks for reminding me, I have some Americans to contact.

Happy Thanksgiving Ed, hope we all have something to be thankful for in a few hours (not that we shouldn’t have things to be thankful for anyway, but they’re all secondary to Newcastle United ;) )

• 40 Dannyo // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:28 PM

@Graeme
    Being negative or positive, i think every single fan share your sentiments.
    Me included ofc.

• 41 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Now Ibiza…don’t spoil my good mood :-D

…on paper I got the formation I wanted, but I have been led down before by the silver supremo :-(

Benny in the #10 spot! What a treat. Did anyone see does two links a posted of Laudrup and Eriksen in that exact position?

• 42 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Ruddy….It is a perfect game to give it a go. Not underestimating Maritimos (well, maybe I am a bit), but it’s probably the best / easiest time to do so. I am surprised to see so many normal starters though, hopefully an injury free game.

Also, I must admit I got the Guti thing totally wrong. Hasn’t even made the bench. Back to the stands for me it seems – I’m not cut out for this gig.

• 43 niafron // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:30 PM

He’s a midfield who generally play as DM.

But with France, Deschamps made him play right winger. And he was very succesfull in that position against Spain ( i hope you seen that game, maybe the best international game of the year).
    The purpose was mainly to block Jordi Alba However

Anyway, he’s more the physical kind, but he got some skills with the ball.

Well, not front of the goal, but he ain’t got a bad passing.

• 44 martoon // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Sitting in the Sports Bar (with Mrs martoon) looking forward to plenty of goals with that team :)

• 45 breno95 // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Graeme
    AP’s teams have had 18 chances so far to show they can play football and failed miserably.
    Best just wait and see before getting too far ahead of yourself. Game to be played yet but hopefully a good result will brighten the mood of all NUFC.

• 46 tequilamag // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Ibiza does your job have any perks ? unless it includes dancing girls and a company car I am not interested.

• 47 martoon // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Sitting in the Sports Bar (with Mrs martoon) looking forward to plenty of goals with that team.

• 48 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Ohh hooo would seem that Kets has Ashton bang to rights!! Who’s the big intellectual and who’s the r*tard now?

*Not calling you a r*tard Ashton, just spinning your own words back at you :P

• 49 Ashton // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:32 PM

niafron

Have you seen him play with Toulouse this season?

• 50 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Jesper……Keep your good mood, Pardews belated gift for you, I’m sure of it (well, 99.9999999% sure anyway). I hope Benny thrives in the role, not that we can use this one game to congratulate or condemn him in it after one game.

We’re all getting excited, why do I feel the need to lower my expectations again. What a doom and gloomer I have become.

Thanks lads, see what you’ve done to me? I just want to be happy, you big meanies! :(

Disclaimer: Apologies for my use of the m word. It has no place in a blog like this and I didn’t mean to cause offense.

• 51 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Niafron
    Cheers mate its what most of us idiots thought!

• 52 MacToon // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:35 PM

:lol:

Howay the Lads

• 53 Marty-Toon // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Looks a good team,let’s let them have it.
    A few goals tonight would lift the clouds..
    Hatem and Marveau to rip them apart :-)
    Howay the lads

• 54 Ketsbaia9 // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:36 PM

I know he’s a defensive midfielder but I didn’t watch the last France game. As it has been said on here before. He is similar to Yaya Toure (primarily a defensive midfielder who can bomb forward).

• 55 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Mactoon
    Its looking good buzzing like

• 56 Blaydon-Toon // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Mmmmmm well guess the rest if us reta – no I’m leaving it there smug and all :-) Ashton is still right tho even with his defence in tatters !

• 57 niafron // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:38 PM

@Rudy

Try to have some… how do you say that? Cold read?

Well, you’re right, but be fair, if i barely show some enthousiasm, neither do i complain much when things went bad.

People here are bit the ” Manic/depressive” kind. Either NUFC is the best team in the world, either the team is only good to play the Tyne and wear local championship ( wich, i’m sure, is a very good one).

Was a bit harsh with Pard last saturday, but i never criticised him before altough i did not always agree with him.

• 58 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Hello Mrs Martoon!

Tequila…Well, there’s the venga bus, of course. Dancing girls…..I’m pretty sure there are one or two in Ibiza, sure I’ve seen some at some point or other….maybe it was just a dream. Either way, you can’t have it!

Niafron…You have just shook all of our worlds. What’s up? What’s down? Can we no longer rely on Ashton? Is Kets the chosen one?

• 59 Graeme // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Dannyo, Breno 95; Am being 100% positive, I was at the last debacle, cost me £250.

I just want to see the team play to their undoubted ability; play like a team they were last year; lift the mood on tyneside by putting on a proper game of football.

I dont even care if we only win 1-0 I want to see a performance!!

• 60 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Blaydon
    Careful you’ll make the list….

• 61 Ashton // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:40 PM

While Nifron is too busy googling him. I’m telling you that he isn’t a DM and has been playing as an attacking midfielder for Toulouse. Capoue is Toulouse’s DM and he plays alongside either Didot or Sirieix in the middle. With Sissokho as an attacking midfielder/playmaker. In their trade mark 451 formation with Ben Yedder up front by himself. And with the help of Tabanou and either Braatan or Djalo out wide.

• 62 BelfastMagpie // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Strong team.

I like very much.

• 63 Sambo from belgium // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:41 PM

no sopcast :(

• 64 Marty-Toon // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Martoon
    You should defo get on the scoresheet tonight so :-)

• 65 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:41 PM

…I hate this silent waiting!!!

• 66 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:41 PM

I’ve missed lists on the blog. Who was it who had the hate list? Was it an early Beattie thing? No, that’ll just make me sad…man up Ibiza…football on soon

• 67 Marty-Toon // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:42 PM

ED,
    Happy thanksgiving to you and your family.
    Hope ya get a good slice of turkey and somethin to wash it down with.
    Enjoy

• 68 MacToon // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Pard’s is experimenting (yet again), let’s hope it pays off. Mind you, it is REALLY a game we should be winning at home if we have any real aspirations of making the next round, which I think we do and will make it through.

Best thing tonight, Hatem in a true roaming number 10 role with hopefully a bit more space to work in compared to what he’s usually given in the prem.

• 69 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:42 PM

@Sambo from belgium

The HD one should be OK a reckon ;)

• 70 tequilamag // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Now now Ashton it was your idea to have Niafron as the arbiter. No use insulting the ref if you don`t like the decision.

• 71 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Ashton…Thank you. My confidence was starter to waver a bit there.

• 72 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Niafron

No, I know you’re not one to complain a lot, nor are you one to get too excited about things when they are good, you are a fairly level headed poster.

But surely, as someone who likes HBA, you would want to see him play in his true role as a No 10?

Also I think what you mean by “cold read” could be seen as “realism”, which is something that a lot of us could probably do with! haha

• 73 martoon // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Ibiza Mrs martoon says hello also

• 74 toonbrother // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:44 PM

excellent line up in my opinion. I hope he plays marveaux centrally We desperately need him to step up to the plate in the dreamboats absence

• 75 Ashton // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Oh and I only told hazzy to ask Nifron about how Sissokho has been playing as a right winger for France in their last two games. And he confirmed that I was right.

But he isn’t a DM and if he has ever seen him play this season or the last for his club he would know this. But I don’t think he has.

• 76 mattnufc // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Curtis Good to Bradford on loan.

• 77 Sambo from belgium // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:44 PM

@ Jesper thanks, i’ll try it out!

• 78 Blaydon-Toon // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Marty lets hope he is not playing away tonight poor old Mrs Martoon :-)

• 79 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Martoon :) Hope you’re both swell and have a spiffing evening.

• 80 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Oh Ashton, throwing the toys out of the pram. Let’s not rub any more salt into his wound, as it probably hurts enough to be proved wrong :P

• 81 MacToon // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Saying that though about Hatem, he is great at making space and giving himself more time on the ball.

• 82 BelfastMagpie // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Drawing up a hit list myself.

Ibiza & Mactoon the first on the list so far.

This list shall be known as the kneecapping list.

• 83 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Fantastic news on Curtis getting a loan move to Bradford, will give him some real experience in the English game so I am chuffed for him.

• 84 MacToon // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:48 PM

“Insult the ref” ha ha, nice 1.

• 85 niafron // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:48 PM

@Ashton

A couple of time.

But we got to be patient about him. DOn’t know why, each time an average team of Ligue 1 make 5 or 6 good games, we’re linked with some of their players.

I preferr to do not count how many french players were announced at the club last season in that position (Corgnet, Traore…), those famous “BOX TO BOX” midfields as you say in England.

• 86 Ashton // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:49 PM

tequilamag

The only reason I mentioned nifron was to confirm how he has been playing for France lately and in what position. He is French so he has seen France play and I trust his judgment on that. But for Toulouse I chose not too. Because he is wrong.

• 87 toonbrother // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Glad the ghastly shane ferguson experiment is over. Kid needs to go out on loan and learn the basics

• 88 h0sta // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:51 PM

cracking line up..can´t wait to see benny in the middle to rule things and marv with sammy … hattrick for papiss

• 89 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Belfast….Do you own a pen or pencil to draw up a list or do you carve in stone? Either way, I’m so pleased to make your list. You do care! :)

• 90 jimmysmith // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Good to Bradford, this time last year he was playing 1st team A league football in Melbourne, one of the most wonderful cities in the world without doubt. Bradford’s a reet dump, no offence like.

• 91 Ashton // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:54 PM

niafron

That’s not our argument. Sissokho isn’t a DM. He doesn’t play as a DM for his club nor his country. He isn’t good at defending and protecting the back four. What he is good at is passing and being the available man for his teammates. He creates space and build attacks. He doesn’t defend. That’s Capoue’s and Didot/Sirieix job.

• 92 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Jimmy

Well it may be a step down in terms of scenery but for his football development it’s a step in the right direction.

• 93 BelfastMagpie // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Keep it shut ibiza,or you’ll be moving till the electric chair list. :-)

• 94 tequilamag // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Ashton, you don`t have to convince me where he plays I could not give a rats arse. Prefer to ignore all transfer talk till it happens, If Newcastle got half the players we are linked with we would have a squad of 100. It is a bit odd though that you are happy to use Niafron when he agrees with a point you make and disregard him as unreliable when he contradicts your point.

• 95 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Belfast….Threaten me with a good time…

• 96 Ashton // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:56 PM

niafron

Where did you get the idea that he is a DM from? Have you seen him play for Toulouse this season or the last? He hasn’t been playing as a DM at all.

• 97 niafron // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:57 PM

@Ashton

An offensive player, maybe, but a playmaker…

Would not say that.

For me, he’s a DM, but fact is, he can play in other positions.

Anyway, keep in mind the ligue 1 is some time very defensive, so it’s not rare to see 3 DM in midfield.

Toulouse was famous for that past seasons, they are however a bit more offensive this year.

• 98 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Me thinks the lady doth protest too much…

• 99 Rotonda heights // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:58 PM

This is what I have been wanting to see all season – a 4231, even better than a 433, packed with flair.

Think I would have preferred Obi to Sammi to make a proper 3 and Abeid to Bigi, playing at home, but god I hope this works so Pardew will now do something different in the league.

If we could get Debuchy or similar, lose Simpson and keep this formation, we might just get back on track.
    Fair play pardew, seems like he’s been listening!

• 100 Dannyo // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:59 PM

HOWAY THE LADS!!

• 101 MacToon // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:59 PM

belfast, that’s you xmas wish list ;-)

• 102 Ashton // Nov 22, 2012 at 7:59 PM

tequilamag

I overestimated nifron’s knowledge. That was a mistake on my behalf. It doesn’t disprove my argument at all. Some people here think it does which is sad.

• 103 jimmysmith // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Can’t wait to see Bigi in action, such an uncomplicated player, such a wise head on young shoulders, always a heartening experience.

• 104 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Ruddy
    A bit? Hes like dagliesh sticking up for suarez!!!

• 105 niafron // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:01 PM

@Rudy

Well, concerning HBA, yes, i’m enthousiast, but too much in fact.
    So i prefer to keep a low profile when arguments rise about him, i’m not objective.

• 106 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:01 PM

ESPN saying 4-4-1-1?

• 107 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:02 PM

According to ESPN it is a 4-4-1-1 so lets hope they have got that one wrong :-)

…it usually just end up being another 4-4-2!

• 108 hoppernufc // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:02 PM

to anyone who already hasnt….get on FIFA website and vote for ben arfas goal for the puskas award, he deserves to win ;)

• 109 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Ashton
    Just so you know theres a game on in a min so lets give it a rest eh and concentrate on enjoying the game

• 110 niafron // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:03 PM

@Ashton

Well, i’m not a Toulouse specialist, if this the point.

But sorry, for me, he’s a DM.

After all, i know far more about NUFC than most of english people, so i accept to be teached about Toulouse by an englsih guy!

• 111 Ashton // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:04 PM

niafron

He is Toulouse’s main playmaker. And he isn’t playing as a DM for them. He is one of their most attacking players besides Ben Yedder who has been fantastic this season btw. Toulouse’s tactics are defensive and negative but Sissokho plays in a very advanced role for them.

He is better at attacking than defending and protecting the back four. He is a #8 and has been playing as a #8 for Toulouse in the last two seasons and he was playing for the u21 as a #8 and for France as a right winger.

• 112 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Ibiza
    Aye but there star commentator chris waddle also say penlalty so……

• 113 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Ibiza…I am beginning to think there is something to the reference to us as being the lightweigt twins ;-) lol

• 114 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Tads

Apt analogy. What is truly sad is that he is isn’t even willing to concede the possibility of him being wrong. He launched a tirade against me ages ago saying that I was pompous, arrogant and was condescending to others.

It is ridiculous how the accusations that are levelled at me are always more applicable to those who level them.

• 115 catchy in norway // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:05 PM

the one thing iim happy about is no shola , no obertan, no jonas,,

i dont want them injured, but you could garentee these would be starting or first subs, this way we get new blood as subs

• 116 Rotonda heights // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:05 PM

ibiza

let me dream please

• 117 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Tads…How else would you say? You don’t actually think it’s pronounces penalty, do you? Don’t be silly.

Game on!!!!

• 118 Transfer Sage // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Ashton

Do you watch a lot of French football?

Just wondered cause you might have some other good players you’ve seen?

• 119 jeff // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:06 PM

stream 2 on firstrow is better than stream 1

• 120 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Jesper…Why’s that?

Rotonda…I am sorry. Hopefully they have it wrong.

• 121 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Ruddy
    I said anita used to be a LB and was called a retard so i know what your saying!

• 122 jeff // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:07 PM

thats what santon needs to do more of

• 123 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Ibiza
    Hmmm must be my speech impediment!

• 124 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:08 PM

We just posted the same within the minute ;-)

• 125 jeff // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:09 PM

what a player marv is!!!!

• 126 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Ahh…..I don’t mind the twins bit, it’s just the leightweight part. Can’t we do better?

• 127 Transfer Sage // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Tads

It’s well known Anita played 2 years of left back before becoming a dm full time.

Some people must get their facts from the same place as Dennis wise

• 128 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:10 PM

tads…must be :)

• 129 jeff // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:11 PM

does cisse know how offside works

• 130 MagpiesFlyHigh // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:11 PM

How would we rate Capoue as a solid purple DM should Tiote relocate ?

• 131 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Sage
    I know but some people dont have any idea how to concede the fact they may have been slighty wrong

• 132 jeff // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:12 PM

does cisse know how offside works 2

• 133 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Jeff
    Not sure but have to say sammy lad if you got marv on your left and simmo on your right, dont go right!!!

• 134 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Ibiza…clearly the lightweight reference was in order to keep us down ;-)

…we are heavyweight everybody knows that :-D lol

• 135 Transfer Sage // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Tads

Infairness to simmo he put in a decent cross

• 136 Offkey // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Cisse had the highest offside rate in all major European leagues the season before he joined us.

• 137 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Jesper….Very true. As long as people know the truth then I can live with it :)

• 138 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Sage
    Aye he did tbf just looked like marv was in a position to have a run at the defence

• 139 niafron // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Putting it that way, OK, but in France, 8 are still DM.

I must concede you most of toulouse’s fans acknowledge he lack the tactical culture to be a true DM.

But, for me, he also lack the tactical skills to be a CAM!

In, fact, in France, players tend to be far more specialised.

So lads like Sissoko are kind of U.F.O ( F for football sure) for us.

• 140 Dannyo // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Haha, class:

Commentator: “Some of the crowd saying stand up if you hate Sunderland, bit pointless really, it’s like saying stand up if you’re breathing”.

• 141 jeff // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:20 PM

simmo lad cracking tackle

• 142 davis_toons // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:21 PM

MTM will not beat us, the Problem is will We Score?

• 143 nufcursed // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:21 PM

i’m sorry to be negative AGAIN but it’s so boring to watch pardew’s team play.. why can’t he just instruct his players to pass the ball around simple??
    even allardyce’s team was more entertaining to watch!
    there’s no structure in the way we play we dont play as a team but as a bunch of individuals

• 144 jeff // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:22 PM

i bet abeid cant fathom how bigi is ahead of him in the pecking order

• 145 davis_toons // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Or someone here is going to tell me the Team is still not Strong enough for this MTM match? Which we can clearly see that they are just not good enough for us.

• 146 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Nufcursed
    I doubt its pards tactics tbf with that line up/formation i doubt he said hoof it and dont pass it around

• 147 davis_toons // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Is the Stronger Team of Newcastle going to pass better then MTM? we shall see after the match…or rather half-time.

• 148 davis_toons // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Btw, pls do not Mention Lpool, they are having a Stronger visitor with YB.

• 149 Graeme // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Marveax 1-0

• 150 Big Pappa Cissé // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Brilliant Marveaux

• 151 Blaydon-Toon // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Great finish Marv !

• 152 Dannyo // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:27 PM

MARVEUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 153 nufcursed // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:28 PM

toonarmy i would’nt say that with certainty!
    i also doubt he would have said pass the ball around…
    most good managers you can see the style they want to play in
    with pardew i just don’t see a style.if we wouldn’t have some of these gifted players we would be even worse.

• 154 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Lovely, simple passing football, tidy pass, tidy finish. Well played.

• 155 jeff // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:28 PM

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS CMON PUT HIM IN THE TEAM

how do people ferguson is better than him

• 156 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:28 PM

About time marvinhio!!!!!!

• 157 niafron // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Wow!

Marv scoring. The best news in 2 month. This lad is probably the light in our season.

• 158 Graeme // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:29 PM

In from the right, through the keepers legs and into the net!!

Mon the TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

• 159 niafron // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:31 PM

@Jeff

In fact, i really rate Fergie, but Marv too. My true wish is to see both of them on the left wing, Fergie a LB, Marv as LW and Santon on the right.

• 160 nufcursed // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:31 PM

marveaux the light of the season???
    what are you on?
    he hasn’t done anything up until now..

• 161 davis_toons // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:32 PM

1-0 up..Great goal. The problem is are we going to control the match.

• 162 nufcursed // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:33 PM

and for those who want santon as a RB: he’s a lot better at LB cause he can cut inside then, he has not good enough crossing delivery to be a RB

• 163 jeff // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:34 PM

STOP HOOFING IT KRUL

• 164 niafron // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:34 PM

@NUFCCURSED

The light at the end of the tunnel if you prefer.

In France, Light and Hope got the same sense.

• 165 nufcursed // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:39 PM

@niafron tu es francais? tu trouves que marveaux est un joueur capable de s’imposer dans le Premier League?
    Moi, je trouve qu’il n’est pas speciale..a mon avis un joueur comme sammy ameobi a plus de qualités que marveaux:)

• 166 niafron // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:40 PM

@NUFCCURSED

Santon cutting inside never bringed us anything. Not a single goal, and very few chances.

His drives are spectaculars, but almost always end the same way: he lost himself in the heart of the defense.

And before saying he can’t cross from the right, i would like to see him more thant 10 minutes every 5 games in that position.

• 167 davis_toons // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Just look at Simpson, playing with this MTM team, he can dribble 3 players..! …before falling down.

• 168 jeff // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:41 PM

cisse offside again and again and again

• 169 Graeme // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Cisse 2-0

• 170 colwell // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:41 PM

F’ck me Cisse stay onside

• 171 nufcursed // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:41 PM

cissé is always offside!!
    can’t pardew teach him how to play onside?!

• 172 colwell // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:42 PM

shite not Benny

• 173 jeff // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:42 PM

uh oh not good

• 174 nufc786 // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:43 PM

no no no benny no

• 175 Big Pappa Cissé // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Now Ben Arfa is crocked FFS. This is getting beyond a joke now

• 176 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Howay was never offside ;)
    Whos been offside more in there toon careers cisse or leonbestismint?

• 177 niafron // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Very Bad news.

• 178 Graeme // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Shit, linesman gave it off-side – that was just sooo close. Ben Arfa coming off limping, Ba going on

• 179 davis_toons // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:43 PM

If HBA is out…we might not see much action any more..

• 180 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Not good :-(

• 181 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Fingers crossed benny is a precaution not sure bout putting demba on though?
    Abied? Amalfitano?

• 182 nufcursed // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:45 PM

niafron i didn’t mean he can’t cross from the right… i mean he can’t cross period. a RB or LB has to have a good delivery, like ferguson has playing on the left. to me santon is a good LB cause he has an attacking mentality and goes forward a lot. fair enough, his runs mostly don’t result in anything but neither does simpson or anita or anyone else playing FB.
    if you want such a player there’s only one player who can do that as a defender and that’s philippe lahm

• 183 davis_toons // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Our Top-scorer is on..someone got to feed him..

• 184 toonking // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:46 PM

if we loose HBA this is the final straw and ashley should be the guy to blame for defeats now, it is not pardews faultr he has limited bugit it’s not his fault we are playing careful to avoid more injuries we lack a squad and did not build during summer.

• 185 niafron // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Was a problem behind the tigh. Any of you got some medical knowledge?

Any idea of what it is?

• 186 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Na na na na na na na na na na demba demba ba demba demba ba
    C’mon hatrick if your on

• 187 nufcursed // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:47 PM

and what the f is this with bigi’s hair??
    i thought he owned a barber shop?some bad publicity then

• 188 jeff // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:48 PM

bigi is out of his depth bring on abeid

• 189 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Niafron…back tight hamstring?

• 190 nufcjp25 // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:48 PM

how many times can anita give a ball away in one season!! there a difference with getting accustomned to the england game and sloppy passing!
    v. dissapointed at the minute bigi looks twice the player he is.

• 191 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Niafron
    Aye i believe the thigh is a muscle on the upper part of your leg hope that helps

• 192 nufcursed // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:49 PM

toon army you wrote one ‘na’ too many:)

• 193 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Nufcursed
    Sorry i was half keeping count but they all blurred into one!!

• 194 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:51 PM

*thigh

• 195 colwell // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:51 PM

God how poor are we too watch, the highlight of every Toon game was watching Ben Arfa, without him we are BORING!

• 196 Big Pappa Cissé // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:52 PM

We are winning but still playing shite. Fergie on for Sammy at half time

• 197 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Sammy looks like hes gonna be a good player very tricky but needs to learn to do the simple things like when to pass instead of trying to take players on

• 198 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Don’t see how Bigi is out of his depth, thought he has played quite well.

• 199 jeff // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:52 PM

whoever is not reading the bbc sport updates definitely should

some real classics:

Jordan Henderson shows some good tracking to get a challenge in at right-back. With him over there and Stewart Downing at left-back, Liverpool may have some of the most expensive full-backs in the world on display at the minute. What’s that, £40m for the pair?

Richard Worrall on Twitter: “I don’t understand why people consider Joe Allen to be better than Jordan Henderson both do the same job as far as I can see.”

Jordan Henderson lines up a free-kick from 25 yards and, you guessed it, he just about reaches the goalmouth with a bobbling effort. Can we bring Luis Suarez on please?

• 200 niafron // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:53 PM

@NUFC CURSED

Maybe. But i will believe he can’t cross even with his right foot when i will have see him try during 2 or 3 games.

Wich suppose to see him as RB all that time.

• 201 pizzicatochan // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:53 PM

So what happened to HBA?

• 202 Magpie from Lithuania // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Susspected hamstring injurie… ;(

4 youngsters loaned.

• 203 BelfastMagpie // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Would of brought on Fergie & moved Marveaux in behind Cisse,instead of bringing Demba on.

• 204 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Niafron…if it is a hamstring, Benny could be out up to 4 weeks :-(

• 205 archaeomag // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:55 PM

@niafron
    . . . it’s the curse of W@nga . . .

• 206 niafron // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:57 PM

@Jesper

Yes, i forgott you were a former professional player.

How many time to heal that?

• 207 davis_toons // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:57 PM

The HEART of the Midfield is not holding the ball. Thats why the ball is often loss and will have to be chase back.

When they thread a pass, its often cut off. No Yohan, we just cant pass at midfield.

• 208 ToonDownSouth // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Now I remember why I don’t come on here anymore.

There really is some utter crap posted here, on a very regular basis. So desperate to be unhappy that you’ll slate players and manager when there’s nothing wrong.

For those that actually watch the game, rather than sit on a blog complaining every minute:

It’s good to see Krul throwing it out – and quickly – every time he gets it. His distribution is decent when he uses his arms, he just can’t kick for toffee.

• 209 catchy in norway // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:57 PM

this is just shit,

we can not keep the ball,

defence looks solid, and so it should, both bigi and anita sitting just in front

playing with 2 wingers, yet they dont want to give them the ball
    HBA having to drop to deep because BIGI and ANITA are so deep leaving Cisse up front all alone

maritimo, look a good side , hold on to the ball well, just offer nothing up front

very very dissapointed in pardew,, he could have gone for it and made a statment against this team, still chooses to be to cautious ,

he should be out the door tonight :( no back bone

• 210 BelfastMagpie // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Ben Arfa is defo hamstring.

You could see Woodman saying hamstring to Pardew.

Very bad news.

• 211 toonking // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:58 PM

who cares about the display, ATM the main problem and negativity for us should be HBA is maybe injured. it’s as if we loose a player each week.

• 212 Transfer Sage // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:59 PM

TDS

Well put.

We may not be at our best tonight but pardew did change things up and have it set nicely til benny went off.

He can’t be blamed if people are a bit sloppy on the pitch.

• 213 Toonacious T // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:00 PM

I wouldn’t be surprised to hear that Ba slipped and injured himself in the dressing room at half time. Not looking forward to Sunday without HBA.

• 214 t00ntime // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Tbf cisses 4th offside wasnt (bigi rebound) shud be 2-0 for me today was more about winning no matter how. Get confidence back and kick on.

But now i’m more worried about hba than our confidence :S

• 215 BelfastMagpie // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:00 PM

tds

You been on strike? ;-)

• 216 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Tds
    Think weve looked okay this half gutted benny took a knock fingers crossed
    As for krul your right we look good building slowly from the back and the boy cant kick to save his life!!
    Btw loving rob lees movember!!

• 217 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Niafron…it really depends on how serious it is. If it serious probably up to 4 weeks and if we are lucky less than 2 weeks :-)

• 218 pizzicatochan // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Without much inspection taken place, let’s keep our hope for HBA.

• 219 Graeme // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Ben 10 went of limping, holding the back of his thigh – could have tweaked his hamstring I guess.

Hopefully it will not be too bad!! Fingers crossed.

• 220 Dannyo // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:02 PM

I think the issue of controlling matches is this:

When we play two DMs, we sit too deep to create a fluid attack, there are no real creators in the middle of the park.
    It’s allot of decent passing, but it’s defensive minded mostly, backwards and sideways.
    So you automatically put yourself under pressure cause the opposition just closes you down, forcing panic passes or hoofing.

Before you argue “we’ve played just as poor with Cabaye”, Cabaye hasn’t been up to standards, he looked to be getting there, but playing players like Tiote and Jonas drags him back down into a battle on our own half.

The offense is there, there’s just no good link ups, there’s a gap there and u need a CM pushing forward to sort that. Wingers shouldn’t be as defensive minded as Jonas and the DM should be trusted to do his job.

• 221 Novocastrian66 // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Well more bad news. This season is getting worse game by game.

• 222 davis_toons // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:03 PM

I believe that hows the team is playing without much holding midfield.

• 223 WWYCD // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:03 PM

HBA injured! To the bunkers kids! Our seasons over! Not like he’s ever been injured before…grow a pair and support YOUR team

Match is decent imo and we are looking much the better side which is good to see, oh and Marv might actually be worth the effort soon

• 224 nick_9 // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Ben Arfa is a massive loss. When I saw the team sheet I thought it was risky but I guess he really didn’t want to lose three on the spin at home. I think Benny is the one player in the squad that you cannot find a replacement for, he is one of a kind. Not really sure if bigi and Anita are going to create much but this maritimo side are rubbish so it will probably be a boring second half but a win nonetheless

• 225 pedro // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Terrible news for sunday with Ben Arfa looking seriously doubtful. Where is the creativity without him and Cabaye?!
    And Catchy if we are honest I think unless we were playing like Barcelona and 5 0 up you would have written that!

• 226 Transfer Sage // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Toontime

It was Just offside, taliking maybe a foot at max.

Good call from the linesman

• 227 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Yo…good shout :-)

…Marv is starting to look promising again!

• 228 yorkymag // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:06 PM

We playing ok ,but not sure why we ever risked benny at all this lot are very poor and I don think will score if w playtill I midnight unless we gift a goal
    Com on papa let’s av a brace

• 229 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Come on TDS and Yo! Give ‘em whats what :)

Come on lads….second half is here.

• 230 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Yo

Well said lad. It get’s a bit much on here at times. I suppose that’s why a fair few of us stay away from here more often than not.

• 231 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Well done Pardew, unnecessarily risking our best player and he gets injured. Par for the course with this pillock in charge.

• 232 Ashton // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:06 PM

niafron

Sissokho isn’t a DM because he can’t defend and tackle that well . He is far better at a more attacking role than DM. He is a very good passer of the ball and Casanova has been playing him in an attacking midfield role to capitalize on his passing and movement off the ball. He is quite similar to English box to box midfielder in his style of play but he is more attacking.

Again he isn’t a DM.

• 233 toonking // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:07 PM

@dannyo
    i totally agree with your post i said to malcolm macdonald the other week on a radio show that our midfield is just so poor at making any attepts to go forward.

• 234 niafron // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Well, 4 weeks isn’t the far side of the world ( well, not sure if it mean something once translated in english!), but we’re really unlucky, cause, at the very moment Pard decide to bring up something new with a very different tactic, the key of it, Beny, is now missing.

• 235 Graeme // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Its just been confirmed that Ben10 has a hamstring problem!!

• 236 Rotonda heights // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:07 PM

That was the most refreshing 40 mins I’ve seen in a long long time. Almost anti hoof!!!

Gutted about benny and cisse’s goal disallowed. Just hope BA doesn’t mean back to the hoof

• 237 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:09 PM

YO
    But without benny does the club even exsist?

• 238 jeff // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:09 PM

cisssssse offside

• 239 Transfer Sage // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Ashton

I guess it comes from your take as what a DM is.

Some consider alonso a DM, he sits deep, and passes, sometimes getting forward.

Yaya toure is classed as a DM too, when in reality he starts deep but then runs on into space.

For me a DM is a player like makelele or tiote.

But i guess indifferent countries and cultures these position names can be a bit interchangeable.

• 240 ToonDownSouth // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Ah yes, one of the other delights of the blog.

If I spent my evenings pretending to be someone else on the internet, I’d have hit a pretty big low in my life.

Aimed at no one in particular, of course.

• 241 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Ashton if you want to call anyone a r*tard I have someone specific in mind who might actually fit the bill.

• 242 niafron // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:10 PM

@Ashton

THe game is on, we will speak of that later.

• 243 Graeme // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Amalfitano coming on

• 244 Graeme // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Cisse off

• 245 jeff // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:12 PM

cisse hobbling LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

• 246 Transfer Sage // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:13 PM

The only good thing about injuries we have is that there is a 1% chance Ashley night realise we need a couple more players in.

• 247 Big Pappa Cissé // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Cisse might be injured to hahaha. What the hell is going on ? , we will run out of players by christmas

• 248 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Was cisse limping off there??

• 249 ToonDownSouth // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Transfer

You’re probably being a little too optimistic with that figure.

• 250 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:14 PM

I suppose you have to laugh or you’d cry. We are horrifically unlucky with injuries this season. How anyone can blame Pards for injuries is beyond comprehension.

• 251 niafron // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:15 PM

@WWYCD

Being one of his countrymen may i have some special permission to desolate myself about HBA?

• 252 hotdog // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Put a bowler hat on rob lee and he’s a ringer for Oliver hardy :-)

• 253 catchy in norway // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Dannyo

exactly,

which is sad, because, i felt we could have bashed these,,

to many of our players sitting way to far back, why arnt sammy and marv sticking to the wings hhigher up the pitch?

• 254 yorkymag // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Really sorry to be negative but anita is s…t

• 255 davis_toons // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Just hope Newcastle can Seal this out and WIN it.
    1-0 is good enough, ToonDownSouth // Nov 22, 2012 at 8:57 PM

• 256 pizzicatochan // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Comparing of losing HBA for almost a year previously, I think this time is just okay.

• 257 Graeme // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Luckypoo 1-1 Young Boys

• 258 Transfer Sage // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Are injuries just back luck or something more?

Could it be our training? Pitch? Practice pitch?

I’m not blaming anyone here just wondering as we have has a history of a lot of injuries. Particularly muscle injuries

• 259 Dannyo // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:17 PM

So, who’s willing to bet me we have to play 80% of the U-21 team in the course of this season :P

• 260 ToonDownSouth // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:18 PM

“Danny Simpson, he shags who he wants”

*face palm*

• 261 Munster Mag // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Big Paopoa Cisse – why are you laughing that another one of our men may be injured. Are u a fg mackem?

• 262 Toonacious T // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Pards just slipped a disk in the dug-out there!

• 263 niafron // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Great, the place where i’m watching the game is going to close (yes, i still do not have computer of my own).

I hate those 9 PM Games…

Well, will have the result by the radio.

Go to go lads.

Bonne soirée messieurs.

• 264 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:20 PM

TS
    We have had a history of that but the new undersoil heating etc. was supposed to to sort that

• 265 jimmysmith // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Stevie Taylor is a terrible and unconscionable cheat. does t all the time, the chancer he he!

• 266 Big Pappa Cissé // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Simpson just stands there like a statue to let him have the free header

• 267 Transfer Sage // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Dannyo

The way the season has gone I bet we would start with 10 men before giving a youngster a chance haha.

• 268 Toonacious T // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:22 PM

niafron don’t worry you are not missing much.

• 269 jeff // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:22 PM

abeid must only have one leg to not get even a run out given the quality of our team recently

• 270 Dannyo // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Amalfitano showing real work and graft here.

• 271 north_country_boy // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:23 PM

The one thing that has really struck me in the last few games is how slow we are at building attacks, allowing teams to get back when breaking away because of poor control or passes – I said it last week that you don’t become a bad team overnight but we have too many players who are either out of form or don’t seem to be interested

• 272 jeff // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:24 PM

what a first touch! wow! stunning!

• 273 davis_toons // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:25 PM

niafron // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:19 PM

You can watch it on your Handphone (USstreamTV) if you got one.

• 274 Toonacious T // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Good move there until Bambi showed the touch of a ……………….!

• 275 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Niafron…we need to get you that laptop mate ;-)

…or tablet!

• 276 Graeme // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Tablet? Is he ill?? lol

• 277 Munster Mag // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Cisse at 247 – why are u laughing at Cisse’s potential injury??

• 278 jimiley // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Anita has shown tonite that he can become a star player at NUFC. He should start at weekend. Pure class.

• 279 davis_toons // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Just look at how, Staylor jump for the ball, win the ball and head into the danger area. We could have another goal.

• 280 Big Pappa Cissé // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:34 PM

The easiest opposition we have played all year and we still can’t put in a decent performance FFS

• 281 jimiley // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:34 PM

The worry is that we do not look like scoring against a team as poor as Darlington. I predicted 6th in the league but I am beginning to have my doubts. Too many of our players look crap.

• 282 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Graeme…you twat :-D lol

• 283 Toonacious T // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:35 PM

jimiley- are you being sarcastic?

• 284 Dannyo // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:35 PM

We look flat after 70 minutes, not good.
    Still inviting pressure.

• 285 yorkymag // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Anita has done nothing but give the all away he is out of his depth and is a complete waste of money,

• 286 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Bigi and Anita have some of the tightest close control I’ve ever seen.

• 287 Graeme // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Bindippers 2-1 Young boys

• 288 Big Pappa Cissé // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:36 PM

@ Munster

Its sarcasm m8. It means the injuries are so bad now it is laughable

• 289 Dannyo // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Abeid coming on!

• 290 Marty-Toon // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Can anyone get links for iPad ??
    Just wondering if there is anything that works on it

• 291 jeff // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:38 PM

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ABEID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 292 Big Pappa Cissé // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Here is the forgotten man Abeid

• 293 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Quickly someone call Kets :-D lol

• 294 nick_9 // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:39 PM

It’s about time we provided some good service

• 295 davis_toons // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:39 PM

When you have a CM (Amalfitano), that pass, make runs to be pass back, you will have a proper midfield, and the team can play football.

• 296 Graeme // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Toon now have ELEVEN players out injured – so far, there is still 14 mins to go!!!

• 297 jeff // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:40 PM

pathetic pathetic pathetic pathetic pathetic

• 298 colwell // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Fu@k me we aer shite

• 299 mattnufc // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:41 PM

They deserve it, another bad performance.

• 300 Vex // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Brilliant build up and great goal honestly..

• 301 Marty-Toon // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Terrible

• 302 Graeme // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:41 PM

And now its 1 – 1 Oh dear, what defence??

• 303 Munster Mag // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Go Kets !! Sorry,Abeid!

• 304 Big Pappa Cissé // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:41 PM

This is textbook Pardew. Score and then sit on a 1 goal lead and hope for the best, what a joke

• 305 Marty-Toon // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:41 PM

He walked through our best defence

• 306 hallelujah..john tudor john tudor // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:41 PM

sunderland not in europe jeff, is that why your on here?

• 307 mattnufc // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Potentially eleven, only a few in the first 11.

• 308 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Shocking at the back there like taylor moves out the way colo’s nowhere and krul gets nutmegged!

• 309 jeff // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:43 PM

wonderful play there by abeid

• 310 nufc786 // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:43 PM

krul didnt have to do tht long ball… went str8 to keeper who played a simple ball to defender and then goal….

• 311 toonking // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:43 PM

munster so was it abeid who was at fault for that goal i missed it

• 312 Toonacious T // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Anita gives the ball away alot for someone brought up through Ajax academy but I suppose it is still early days for him. That goal has been coming tbf and the one word that sums us up atm is DISJOINTED or as the commentator on this stream says LACKLUSTRE

• 313 davis_toons // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Now they have score a goal..really hope we can get a penalty to win it 2-1.

• 314 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Ffs colo calm down dont want you banned from 2 comps like

• 315 Munster Mag // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Top 6 Jim? I reckon bottom 6 mate. Most of our points have been lucky this season and we’ve been poor in most games. We have serious issues and i dont think the team knows how to attack from what I am hearing.

• 316 jimmysmith // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:44 PM

I know Stevie Taylor is a local lad and so sacrosanct, but frankly I’ve seen milk turn quicker. He’s two pick axe handles across the arse. Give the pies a rest son.

• 317 jimiley // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Pardew said in August that he was happy with the quality and size of the squad. Now he aint, but we all knew he speaks for somebody else. We buy when we struggle to keep the status quo but do not buy when we are doing well. A club with no ambition except to stay where we are eg stay in the league.. We will buy in January if we are struggling.

• 318 jeff // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:45 PM

good work by abeid again

• 319 davis_toons // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:45 PM

What a goal, (offside) jut like our 1st goal if they have score.

• 320 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Krul invites more pressure on us than anyone else in the team

• 321 Munster Mag // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:46 PM

I think we need to start playong olo as a sweeper behind two marking centre halves and have said this before. That was he can act as a defensive midfielder and let Cabaye play further up the pitch. It will also allow us to play two attacking full backs and would transform this sorry team.

• 322 hoppernufc // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Absolutely pathetic and embarrassing performance so defensive and no tactics at all, this seasons performances keep getting worse!

• 323 toonbrother // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:47 PM

colocinni so overrated its a joke

• 324 Munster Mag // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Conflicting stories on Anits – has he been crap again tonite? I had hopes for him!

• 325 davis_toons // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Someone was mentioning Livfool was 1-1, NOW 2-1.
    It was Newcastle that is 1-1 now. Someone got to score.
    In whatever style, whatever stunt.

• 326 Novocastrian66 // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Wonder if we have ever had 3 home games in a row and not won before?

• 327 jimiley // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Can we score 2 goals in a game? This is an island team of plumbers and posties!!!

• 328 darrenfletcher88 // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Simply not good enough!!!!!

• 329 mattnufc // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Coloccini has been our only good player since Ben Arfa went off, what are you talking about

• 330 catchy in norway // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:49 PM

i hope he gets sacked soon .. this is geting worse

• 331 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Another pallid display inspired by Pardwho, only in a job because he’s pals with the wretches that run the joint.

• 332 davis_toons // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:50 PM

The is one (1) good news! We can qualified if we draw!

Note
    Please spread this news while we are still in it.

• 333 jonobbad // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Europa league is a waste of time. I have genuinely not felt like this since our relegation season.
    I’m not saying we will be relegated either but I’m getting sick of watching us play crap.

• 334 jeff // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:50 PM

guarantee we woulda won easily if benny stayed on

• 335 Big Pappa Cissé // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Santon has been our best player by a mile

• 336 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Anita doing an impression of a dog chasing it’s own tail, there, I’m sure he learnt that in the Ajax academy too – ‘only the best from there’.

• 337 davis_toons // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Playing ping-pong football , we can never score another goal.

• 338 jimiley // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Pardew will say we were tired or unlucky. Cannot wait to see where we are in 8 years under him.

• 339 Toonacious T // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Munster we would need to buy a CB and an attacking FB before we could try that and I fear Pards is too cautious to even give it a shot anyway.

• 340 JTOONJ // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:51 PM

can any of you blame pardew? he wasn’t given the funds the players are upset as we didn’t add enough to the squad (although with the money they’re no reason to be upset) derek lambias is in charge of transfers so blame him for c*cking our season up thus far

• 341 nufcursed // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:52 PM

pardew reminds me of williamson:
    decent but not good enough
    we should’ ve beaten this very poor maritimo side even with a B team.
    we just cannot dominate games.this will be a typical newcastle season i predict.
    fighting for relegation and out of europe in the next round…
    pardew has no courage to go for a win the big liar!
    he said he wanted to win but to me it’s clear that his intentions are not to lose

• 342 spitfire_ // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Ed, please change Pardew’s picture on the banter… there he looks like he look to the BRIGHT future.

• 343 nick_9 // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Not at all surprised there is only 20k in attendance. Absolutely woeful. Pardew has to get us playing as a team. Like others have said I don’t think we will be relegated but I haven’t been so disheartened since that very season

• 344 Graeme // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:53 PM

bindippers 2-2

• 345 davis_toons // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:53 PM

This second half MTM took more shots then Newcastle.

Newcastle 7 shots MTM 14

• 346 Novocastrian66 // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Don’t fancy our chances on Sunday. We’re sitting so deep, conceding possession and no threat on the break. Drivel.

• 347 jimiley // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:53 PM

JtoonJ
    The season is gone. I hope we stay in the league.

• 348 darrenfletcher88 // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Toonbrother are u fg joking?)

• 349 Vex // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:54 PM

We’re in absolutely atrocious form.. Very disappointing… when will it end?

• 350 hoppernufc // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Jeff- that’s the problem you can’t rely on one player to come up with magic every game, if arfa is poor/injured we have no creativity

• 351 mattnufc // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Simpson is dire

• 352 Marty-Toon // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:54 PM

I thought it was in

• 353 nufcursed // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:55 PM

outclassed by a very average portuguese side
    that says enough

• 354 davis_toons // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:55 PM

We needed someone. Pearch! We are missing him in midfield.

• 355 jeff // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:55 PM

good performance from the lads!

stand out performers:

abeid
    ben arfa
    marv
    anita
    santon
    colo

• 356 catchy in norway // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:55 PM

JTOONJ

are you for real

are you watching this game???

the football is shit, this is a very poor team we r playing, and we put prob a strongest team out, and they have been the better team at our home,,

pardew coaches this team, pardew should be sacked tonight

• 357 Graeme // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Well, we are qualified, but thats about all you can say for it!!

• 358 Marty-Toon // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Our passing is abominal

• 359 Big Pappa Cissé // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Boo’s at full time and rightly so. Shocking display

• 360 davis_toons // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:55 PM

We are Lucky not to lost it….Shhuu..uu..what a luck,

• 361 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:56 PM

I must admit that it is very disappointing, but definitely no need to panic.

We’ve qualified, now we have to concentrate on sorting this run of bad form.

C’mon lads, we need to get behind the lads more than ever. United we stand, divided we fall.

Howay the Lads!

• 362 Munster Mag // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Can I do a Pardew impression?……” They was a fret up the pitch but I felt we did an excellent job in restricting them until we praps gave they too much respect. I made a telling substitution and adresses the fret but this Newcarsell side is made up of a strong group but we wasnt a fret tonight and we need to learn to fretten teams again like wot we was doing last season. But they had a lot of experience on the pitch tonight and this is a crack european oitfit we wuz up against but they didnt fretten us much ” ….etc etc . :)

• 363 Vex // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:56 PM

@353
    Can’t tell if trolling or not…

• 364 mattnufc // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Jeff, abeid lost it nearly every time

• 365 davis_toons // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Lipool 2-2

• 366 fray bentos // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Do some of you even watch the game or do you just sit their and type instead?

• 367 Graeme // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:57 PM

No guarantee the dippers will go through, they have a very tough away game to win now!!

• 368 JTOONJ // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:57 PM

catchy
    Are you Roman Abromviches son or something, few bad results and you want him gone? half of the team are injured aswell as bright youngsters such as vuckic. he is obviously learning about the europa league however we are just about through are we not? A bit of league form and we can easily stabilise in the top 8. just need to win a game to get confidence.

• 369 davis_toons // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Glad that we did not play Young Boys. we could have lost it. tbh.

• 370 mattnufc // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:58 PM

I hope Pardew comes out and says we played/are crap and doesn’t solely blame it on the injuries. I highly doubt it though.

• 371 hoppernufc // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Jeff- r u taking the piss?

• 372 NUFC FOR SALE // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Jeff are you for real

that was bl00dy awful.

same cr@p they have been serving up all season.

this has nothing to do with extra games or injuries.

this is purely down to the fact the team has no style of play, no formation, no idea how to play together,

Pardew was so lucky last year that he had Ba scoring freely, brought Cisse in who set the world alight.

now that things have calmed down you can clearly see we’re not playing as a team.

i can’t remember the last time i saw a team with so little movement for each other or inability to make a pass,.

• 373 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Pardew currently preparing his customary excuse laden interview.

• 374 Big Pappa Cissé // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:58 PM

That was painful to watch

• 375 nufcursed // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:58 PM

if we don’t win against southampton pardew’s got to go!
    we should look for a manager with a positive football approach rather than a defensive manager like pardew.defend is not newcastle’s style.
    newcastle will never be a very good defensive side, we need to attack in order to disguise our defensive vices

• 376 North Atlantic Magpie // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:58 PM

I’m very worried about the way we play. I think Pardew is going to get sacked soon.

• 377 jimmysmith // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Our back up players flatter to deceive. Not nowhere near effective enough as is shown time and time again.

We also as a priority need to get more out of Marv and in to the first team and HBA in the hole behind either Ba or Cisse, doesnt matter which. My 2 cents.

• 378 davis_toons // Nov 22, 2012 at 9:59 PM

AP is Right, the team of players is not good enough.

(but if the players is all good enough, do they still need a coach?)

• 379 Toon1978 // Nov 22, 2012 at 10:00 PM

OOOMMMGGGGG i have never witnessed so much crap in all my life of watching Football. To call it pathetic would be generous. Let’s get the black n white goggles off and concede that NUFC are sh1t. One first team player bought in the summer shows the ambition of this club…..ziltch!!!!!!!!

• 380 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Nov 22, 2012 at 10:00 PM

I am glad we can put the EL behind us for a few months, but it has been a bit of a frustrating day I think!

…Benny and Cisse potential injured

…Frustrating second half

• 381 Jonny // Nov 22, 2012 at 10:00 PM

bad display but at least we still qualified. Our form cant get any worse and i personally think we need to get away from st james to start playing well so we dont have the crowd on our back. Once again, Sammy Ameobi has failed to impress me whatsoever.

• 382 jeff // Nov 22, 2012 at 10:01 PM

i thought we linked up pretty well and maritimo came 5th in the portugese league so i mean theyre a classy outfit

abeid grafted hard, he lost the ball the least out of everyone on the team and always chased it down if he did – hes a right player

ben arfa was great, idk why pardew took him off so early though lol

santon and colo and anita were good too

simmo played well, hes been working on his dribbling ;)

• 383 NUFC FOR SALE // Nov 22, 2012 at 10:01 PM

nufcursed

i agree we need to attack better but you’re talking absolute tosh by saying newcastle will never be a defensive side,

that has been newcastles biggest problem for decades, no being able to defend.

the need too be organised in defence just as much as attack and to think otherwise makes you look stupid.

keegan didn’t care about defence and we won nothing.

• 384 BelfastMagpie // Nov 22, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Well we’re through.

But that was a dire performance.

• 385 davis_toons // Nov 22, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Did we lost to QPR?

• 386 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Nov 22, 2012 at 10:02 PM

I’m going to leave you menopausal ladies to it ;)

• 387 Vex // Nov 22, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Lmao, nice trollin’ jeff.

• 388 t00ntime // Nov 22, 2012 at 10:02 PM

So yeah 20games later still havent fixed anything. We all hoped during the friendlies that match fitness was the problem but apparantly it wasnt… Another awful performance probably deserved to lose. Call me negative if u want but 3 easy home games 0wins and never looked like winning, thats relegation form… If we dont change it soon we will be in a relegation fight. Only 5points above bottom 3 with very tough games coming up in december. I know i’m sounding negative but after that performance i cant be anyway, it doesnt look like pardew has even tried to fix anything and i can promise u he will have another excuse for now and for the weekend…. He has to stop blaming others andd sort it out

• 389 Toon1978 // Nov 22, 2012 at 10:03 PM

3 home games on the trot, 2 defeats in the league, 1 draw against a bog standard Portuguese side. If people are not angry with this sh1t is abnormal. No positives to take at all.

• 390 Novocastrian66 // Nov 22, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Don’t think sacking the manager is the answer. The players are struggling and it’s due to the lack of strength in the squad.

• 391 hoppernufc // Nov 22, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Aye sammy was awful tonight like. Jeff- Every team we play we make them look like classy outfits because of how poor we are

• 392 Graeme // Nov 22, 2012 at 10:04 PM

All we have to do now is beat Bordeaux at their pad and finish top of the group!! What’s the problem eh!!

• 393 MagpiesFlyHigh // Nov 22, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Why don’t we just give our manager, say a 250 day contract, and then trade him in.
    Maybe its because we haven’t spent almost £900m on the players so can’t blame the manager quite as easily.

We have lost Benny and Cisse tonight possibly to serious injuries and we are running out of cover faster than we have run out of ideas.
    We put out the side most guys wanted tonight in the formation most guys wanted so quit bitching about the manager and start worrying about how we are going to survive till we get our purples back…

• 394 Toonacious T // Nov 22, 2012 at 10:06 PM

• 395 nufcursed // Nov 22, 2012 at 10:08 PM

nufc for sale

you just agreed with me there mate : ”that has been newcastles biggest problem for decades, no being able to defend”
    that’s exactly what i mean!
    i dont know but there’s something about newcastle that tells me we will always struggle to be a good defensive side.
    if the manager chooses to defend, he plays to our weaknesses.
    if he chooses to attack we might disguise some of our weaknesses like we did last season.
    top teams never concede 5 goals
    even last season we were not a top side. we overperformed and got everybody’s hopes up.
    but in the end we lack attacking, creative midfielders who set up chances.
    i’m sure we’re one of the sides in the PL who create the fewest chances.
    13 goals in 12 games says it all
    only one person can score goals for us and that’s very worrying

• 396 davis_toons // Nov 22, 2012 at 10:10 PM

I believe AP properly will said:

We have got too much youth in the side toinght due to injuries, HBA our source of attack was out, I got to replace him to keep it save for the weekend.
    Our no.9 was also having a strain, the 1st half we attack well, but that 2 half with our main man down we got to take a draw, we’ll take it from there…

• 397 davis_toons // Nov 22, 2012 at 10:12 PM

The Shooting Chances of
    Newcastle 7- MTM 16
    tell you something.

• 398 hoppernufc // Nov 22, 2012 at 10:12 PM

How I see it….. Krul is having a poor season his kicking is getting worse. We can’t defend at all our defenders play hoof ball and loose possession. The whole team is disjointed the defence bypasses the midfield and our strikers can’t hold up the ball and bring others into play. Anita isnt good enough always giving the ball away in bad areas.we don’t create enough chances. We’re too defensive and have no tactics. We are no threat from corners/ freekicks.ive probably missed something’s off but most of this needs to be sorted urgently on the training pitch

• 399 davis_toons // Nov 22, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Joey B, is taking freekicks for MARS

• 400 LargeSadMenace // Nov 22, 2012 at 10:20 PM

nufc for sale @381

newcastle fans have tended to like to see an attacking style of play, I believe this is the point nufccursed us trying to make, not necessarily that we purposefully sacrifice defensive duties and go gung ho.

But talking of making oneself look stupid…why the unnecessary jibe at KK? He had us playing the best football i have ever witnissed at NUFC, I’d rather see entertaining attacking football and win nowt than poor, disjointed, cautious drivel and win nowt

• 401 LargeSadMenace // Nov 22, 2012 at 10:22 PM

toonacious

‘The chickens have came home to roost. We should have spent a bit more in order to kick on from the high of last year. Failure to do so has damaged our best players psychologically as they knew it would be impossible to match let alone better those achievements, especially when they seen how the teams around them strengthened. This is going to be a long, joyless season and the players don’t look like they think otherwise.’

this is the most sensible post i have read on here all night

• 402 nufcursed // Nov 22, 2012 at 10:25 PM

to end this discussion once and for all:

the fact that we play poor has nothing to do with injuries or whatever, it’s down to the manager!
    you can put out a side of youth players and lose 10-0 but still look like a side that wants to play football. yet, we put out a decent 11 and never look like we’re playing football!
    i’d choose chris hughton over pardew anyday!
    look at norwich: nowhere near the quality of players and funds we have, but they pass the ball simple as that.
    norwich play better football than us!
    so pardew can put out all his best players and we still wouldn’t pass the ball. it’s all about tactics and the approach and to me pardew is an excuse-manager without the courage to go out and try to win games in a positive way…
    howay chris hughton! we should’ve never sacked you

• 403 LargeSadMenace // Nov 22, 2012 at 10:27 PM

nufccursed

I highly doubt your efforts will end the discussion once and for all

• 404 nufc debo // Nov 22, 2012 at 10:28 PM

For f sake some of you lot need to wind you necks in. Catchy in particular must have a very short memory, we massively overachieved last season but we were all grateful that euro footie was back at sjp most of, if not all, over the moon at that fact. We got promoted 2 and a half seasons ago, we’re still a work in progress, we’re into the next round of the EL and a couple of wins will have all the “supporters” purring again. Why not try to be what you call yourselves and actually support the team and the gaffer. Going on like a bunch of 18 year old mackems and calling for Pardew’s head really f boils my piss

• 405 nufcursed // Nov 22, 2012 at 10:28 PM

large sad menace

thanks for backing me up mate! well said!
    newcastle should attack first and defend second!
    some teams have a certain style of play just like barcelona will never hoof a ball, newcastle should be an attacking threat like we used to be!

• 406 nufcursed // Nov 22, 2012 at 10:29 PM

yeah i know:) figure of speech! i’ve never seen more boring games than the last couple of newcastle matches

• 407 LargeSadMenace // Nov 22, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Absolutely mate, attacking passionate play somehow matches the Geordie mentality. This season has been dire and painful to watch, I think it’s down to several factors including Pardew’s questionable ability. For me though, more than anything else it has to be down to the lack of investment in the summer. We were fortunate last season to do so well with what was even then a threadbare squad but injuries didn’t trouble us so much but then we buy one senior player in the summer kniowing that europe drastically increases the games we play. I therefore place most of the blame on our clubs owner. He lacks footballing ambition but alas, he advertises sports direct in portuguese all around the stadium, for free…priorities Mike.

• 408 Toonacious T // Nov 22, 2012 at 10:48 PM

LSM– Cheers mate. I just think fans under estimate how much of the game at the highest level is psychological. I lost count of the amount of times our team spirit, attitude and belief was praised last year but I’m sure the players were looking for recognition of their efforts in the form of added quality to the squad in order to give them the tools to mount another challenge to the top four, instead they got Anita and a couple of kids. Not saying Pards hasn’t made mistakes but our best players must feel the club missed an opportunity and failed to
    match their personal ambitions.

the

previous post: Newcastle vs Maritimo – Match Preview

next post: Who Was Newcastle’s Best Player In 1-1 Draw With Maritimo?