The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Pardew – Our Fans Are Upset And Restless

10:28 am, Thursday, November 22nd, 2012 by Ed Harrison · 14 Comments

We know that Geordie John Carver keeps Alan Pardew updated on what the Newcastle fans are thinking, and Alan will have been left in no doubt this week by his Assistant Manager, that the Newcastle fans are not happy that we have lost two successive home games against a couple of mediocre sides in West Ham and Swansea.

Alan Pardew - we cannot lose three home games in a row

And it seems that Alan Pardew is only thinking about avoiding a third defeat in a row at home tonight against Maritimo in the Europa League,  and certainly a third defeat could send alarm bells ringing at St. James’ Park.

This is what the Newcastle manager said today in the local press:

“The most important thing for me is we can’t lose three home games in a row. Our fans are upset and restless.” “We have to put out a team that is good enough to win tonight.”

“We have to be sure to win. Then we will worry about Sunday at Southampton.” “There has been a bit of overreaction to the two defeats. But we know where we are.”

“We are fighting and we aren’t feeling sorry for ourselves.” “We’re not feeling we are unlucky. We have to have the resolve to win a game and that’s what is in the group.”

It will be interesting to see exactly what team Alan does start tonight, and that will tell us about the team he is thinking of starting at Southampton on Sunday, and that is a vital league game for Newcastle, and independent of how we fare tonight in the Europa League.

But it would also be nice to start winning again, and maybe we can get all 3 points tonight against Maritimo – that would be good.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Coaching · Europa League · Newcastle News · Premier League

14 responses so far ↓

• 1 archaeomag // Nov 22, 2012 at 10:32 AM

ED – I think you got a very good picture of Alan looking suitably worried . . . .is he saying a rude word?

• 2 Conaldo (The Wizard...Also Bestest Friends With Paul Scharner) // Nov 22, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Jesper – re skyfall,

As a film I thought it was good, as a Bond film I thought it was average.
    But I would definitely recommend it.

• 3 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Nov 22, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Personally I am not sure it is enough for Pardew that we start winning – will help of course :) – but I think what we need to start producing (from a fan’s standpoint) is a great performance and something worth watching.

…I am going to say it again and risk sounding like a broken record (bit I am going to say it until he pays attention :), but Pardew you need ‘to kill your darlings’ sooner rather than later!

Disclaimer: I am not talking about players, but sometimes the ideas that you think is brilliant, can be more detrimental than good, and you would do well to kill them – even if it hurts to the bone doing it!

• 4 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Nov 22, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Wizard…I am not getting a good vibe here :)

…norwichmag said the same and Ibiza fell asleep ;) lol

• 5 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Nov 22, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Which Bond theme song is your personal favorite?

…usually I don’t like the Bond theme songs that much, but I kind got interested again with Chris Cornell’s ‘You Know My Name’ and Jack White/Alicia Keys ‘Another Way To Die’!

• 6 Conaldo (The Wizard...Also Bestest Friends With Paul Scharner) // Nov 22, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Jesper – I enjoyed it. They’ve tried to modernise bond, so it’s quite different to the classic bonds. If your a massive bond fan you may or may not like it, I’m not sure. If you just like the films you’ll enjoy it.

• 7 magpie6699 // Nov 22, 2012 at 10:44 AM

I thought Skyfall was the best Bond film for years.

• 8 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Nov 22, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Wizard…I am going to the cinema to watch it on Saturday (it is always good not to have too high expectations – you usually get disappointed then)

…I am a massive Bond fan (not the Brosnan era, that ruined it for me. Not him, the movies were horrible)

• 9 headtheball // Nov 22, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Ed,
    A better title for this article could have been:
    Pardew- Half of our fans are revolting and the other half want me gone IF I’M HONEST.
    T’is the season to be jolly Ho Ho Ho

• 10 North Atlantic Magpie // Nov 22, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Pardew’s messing the team up playing one system in the EL and another system in the PL. He’s got to play the same system in both EL and PL.

• 11 wynsleap // Nov 22, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Bit late for Pardew to start worrying about the fans being restless and upset.
    Most of us were restless and upset after the last transfer window but I didn’t see any concern from the Management then.

• 12 Graeme // Nov 22, 2012 at 11:12 AM

“Our fans are upset and restless”!!!

Is that manager speak for “they are pissed off and unhappy about the last 3 mediocre performances we produced”?

In which case he got it spot on!!

• 13 AndyMac // Nov 22, 2012 at 12:43 PM

North Atlantic Magpie says:

“Pardew’s messing the team up playing one system in the EL and another system in the PL. He’s got to play the same system in both EL and PL”

Thats a valid point NAM. The best teams or at least the teams with a coherent playing strategy work towards a set model on the pitch. Barca with 4-3-3 RM and Arsenal with 4-2-3-1 etc.

Pardwho needs to decide the way he wants his team to play, choose the formation and stick to it week in week out. If its 4-4-2 then find the right blend for that system rather than just lumping two big forwards together and hoping for the best !

As a standard, 4-3-3 IMO would suit us better and with the amount of central midfielders we always seem to have it would help if we could create something as a team going forward rather than rely on pieces of individual brilliance to get us goals :(

• 14 RytonJohn // Nov 22, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Seems to me that when Cabaye isn’t in the team we have little creativity in midfield. Not many chances coming from wide areas either, apart from Ben Arfa. Pardew wants him to have as much effect on games as Suarez, so why not play him more in the middle à la Beardsley?

previous post: This Newcastle Teenager Could Start Tonight