Newcastle Star Midfielder Has Two Operations In Two Days

Newcastle’s French International midfielder Yohan Cabaye will undergo a second operation tomorrow on his groin, after successfully undergoing a first surgery today.

Yohan Cabaye – two operations in two days

The 19 times capped France international issued a statement from his hospital bed today, saying that the first part of his operation had been successfully carried out  today, and he expects to undergo a second surgery tomorrow.

This is what Yohan said in his statement:

“A recurring pain forced me to get operated on my abdominal wall. There will be two steps in the surgery. The first on November 26, the second will happen the day after. I will let you know about my recovery as often as possible. I’ll do my best to get back on my feet as soon as possible.'”

We had hoped that Yohan could make a quicker than expected recovery from the surgeries, but that may not happen, and he is still expected to be out until the new year, although we may get a more accurate time-scale on his expected recovery later this week.

And Yohan’s absence will put some pressure on stand-in attacking midfielder Vurnon Anita, who was signed from Ajax in the summer.

But the encouraging news is that Vurnon had another good game yesterday, and we have to hope he will continue to improve in Yohan’s absence.

For the record Yohan has played 51 times for Newcastle United with seven goals since joining us last year from Lille, the then French Champions.

With three successive league defeats in a row, and a tough game at Stoke on Wednesday evening,  and a number of injuries in the squad, it’s all hands to the pump for the Newcastle players at the moment.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:05 PM

We hope for a speedy recovery 🙂

• Conaldo (The Wizard...Also Bestest Friends With Paul Scharner)

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:08 PM

I know it’s been a while, but there hast been a time when I could post it,

So I might finally post the latest edition of the annoying blokes who sit behind me later tonight.

• Catchy In Straight Jacket

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:12 PM

It’s all Pardews fault.

• Catchy In Straight Jacket

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Pardew should of seen it coming.

• Conaldo (The Wizard...Also Bestest Friends With Paul Scharner)

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Pardew should have performed the surgery himself. Roberto Martinez or ole Gunnar solskjaer would have done.

• Tsunki

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Catchy 2 – you are a funny guy, just as funny as your Ruddy one.

• Super Magpie

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:16 PM

So someone has made a catchy parody? What has this blog came to? 😀

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Wizard…did I miss something? 😀

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Tsunki

Fairly shctum recently, your hands sore from all that happy-clapping, or have you realised something’s amiss?

• Conaldo (The Wizard...Also Bestest Friends With Paul Scharner)

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:19 PM

I think everyone one here should change their name to catchy. Just to confuse everybody.

• Conaldo (The Wizard...Also Bestest Friends With Paul Scharner)

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Fake ruddy -‘something’s a miss with someone who steals a persons username for attention…

• Conaldo (The Wizard...Also Bestest Friends With Paul Scharner)

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Jesper – miss something with what?

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:24 PM

With all them clones we might have to come up with a catch phrase name 🙂

…I vote for Ruddiz (Ruddy + Jiz) and Catchiz (Catch + iz)

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Conaldo

Nah, I think there’s something more amiss with people who become hysterical and are so precious about ‘their names’, on a blog.

• toonarmydownsouth

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Wizard
    Looking forward to your next episode of the annoying bloke who sits behind you
    But in all honesty im starting to think this £150 annual subscription was a bit of a waste….

• Conaldo (The Wizard...Also Bestest Friends With Paul Scharner)

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Ruddiz – no one has gotten hysterical about it. no one respects your opinion because you’re just a boring troll anyway, it just shows that your probably about 8 by the fact that you can’t come up with your own username.

• eaststandgeordie1982

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Conaldo

Ive got annoying git behind me hes a commentator really gets on my t1ts

• Catchy In Straight Jacket

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Pipe down Tsunki.

I dont claim to be Catchy.

Im miles better than him.

• toonarmydownsouth

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Eaststand
    Ray wilkins or chris waddle 😉

• PortsladeToon

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Catchy,
    it’s hardly Pardews fault that the board failed to back him in the summer transfer window, it’s also hardly Pardews fault that we have so many injury’s at the moment seem to remember loads of injuries 2/3 seasons ago then everyone blamed the poor facilities (so pards got the facilities installed so now it’s his fault instead??) it’s not Pardews fault we have players on suspension.

The problem has come about because the failure to secure 3 or 4 more top players this added to the fact we have 10 injured players inc S Taylor so the team is nigh on picking itself, unfortunately for Pardew the players he has left are struggling to complement each others play BA & Cisse cannot play together.
    personally I don’t know the answer neither do any of you otherwise you would be being paid thousands ££££ to get the job done, Pards is just being used as a scape goat by many on here and other forums for the inept owner and his gimp.

• Conaldo (The Wizard...Also Bestest Friends With Paul Scharner)

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Tads –
    please direct all complaints to my secretary. No refunds

EastStand – an actual commentator? Who for?

• catchy in norway

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Catchy In Straight Jacket

i love it,,

do your best or worst,,

ying and yang,, bring balance my son 😉

• Conaldo (The Wizard...Also Bestest Friends With Paul Scharner)

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Oh love it. Full on blog war between catchy an catchiz.

Touch gloves, return to your corner and FIGHT!

• Catchy In Straight Jacket

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:34 PM

If I wanted to pretend to be Catchy,I would of just used the exact same name as him.

So the blog police should have no complaints

• AJepson93

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Get well soon Big man! Need you back ASAP.. No pressure ;D

• toonarmydownsouth

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Wizard
    You said secretary but you meant jesper right?

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Wizard…your post #2 😀

• Conaldo (The Wizard...Also Bestest Friends With Paul Scharner)

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Right here we go.
    Give me 10 mins to type it up.

The Chronicles of the Annoying Blokes Who Sit Behind Me – A European Adventure.

Coming soon

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Conaldo

I’ve had many original usernames in the past. I don’t care about people respecting my opinion based on their own predispositions, why would I care about people like that? They show themselves for what they are, people more swayed by factions than content.

I’m pretty sure the other Ruddy quitting the blog, the likes of you and other third-parties leaping to his defence and dragging it on months later, means it must have upset you at some level.

Anyway, ciao for now! 😀

• Catchy In Straight Jacket

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Real Catchy
    You my friend are my hero.

Pardew out !

• eaststandgeordie1982

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Every time someone gets the the ball its “to ben arfa, to tiote, to cabaye, to ba, to cisse, what are you doing tiote.”

• Alan Pardew

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:38 PM

You want me out Catchy?? 🙁

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:40 PM

One final thing, maybe I’ll change my name to Prodnose when I return later, as a homage to Conaldo’s sort.

• catchy in norway

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:43 PM

PortsladeToon

if you think that the problem has only started in the last few games then sure ,, its not pardews fault,,

but and there is always a but,, its totally pardews fault,,

this is a continuation of last season without the results,,

we have not played football for 2 years, some great indervidual goals, but no real team play

he plays to many out of position, or tries to play total football,,

this season, jonas lw lb dmc and rw failed at every one of them, his fault or pardews ??

face it if we can smell when pardew give us a load of shit just to hear what we want to hear,, what makes you think the players carnt,,

he says what ever he feel will deflect attention from him, it his fault,, its there fault,,

without buying players in the summer,, do you really think we went from a good squad to a bad sqaud?? it may not be better, but it should be no worse,, and in my opinion,, anita has been one of our better players of late,, so the squad is improved on ,, only by a little,, in the wrong place,

the sooner he is out of our club,, the faster we can start to get it back on track, playing football,,,

trust me ,, he will be gone,, its only a matter of time,,8 year deal or not,,

dropping out of the prem is not an option,, there is to much money to lose, more than paying up pardews contract,, think about that

• Ian Toon

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Catchy In Straight Jacket – Welcome aboard. It’s always a good idea to follow someone who’s got it all wrong. Redknapp’s earned a good living from that practice. You would really have to screw up not to be the Catchy of chose. Just please don’t blog the same thing countless times. Also make it clear that you don’t have any ulterior motive in getting Pardew sacked because your a Mackem .

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Can someone let me in on this chronicle of Wizard thing 😀

• Conaldo (The Wizard...Also Bestest Friends With Paul Scharner)

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Okey. Before I type. For Jesper, and others who think I might just be a complete lunatic (I am but that’s not the point)

Every time I’ve been to any Newcastle match EVER, I have always somehow, found the single most annoying people in the whole stadium, and they are always sat either directly behind me, or within earshot.

In my current season ticket seats, there is a bloke who sits directly behind me, who is the single most irritating person I have ever met. He is loud and abrasive and rude, frankly quite stupid, and always brings away fans who sit next to him in full kit. But he doesn’t lick my seat. (I’m sorry that will only confuse you more)

In my old seat, there used to be a man who would spend all his time staring at the away fans with such an evil look it chilled the soul…
    And a very irritating although sometimes funny bloke who used to shout some of te most vulgar and offensive things I’ve heard, at the pitch and the ref and the away fans, and our fans, he just liked being loud.

And every cup match I have always sat next to annoying people.

Anyway, i decided if I had to put up with these people, I may aswell make everyone else miserable with them 🙂

So after every match I try to post the daft stuff the people have been saying/doing.

I hope that kind of somehow sort of clears things up a bit…

Anyway…

• catchy in norway

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Catchy In Straight Jacket

can you match my intesity ?

can you keep up

who can it be (my imposter)

c4tchy@yahoo.co.uk,,

it is a real email address,

• Catchy In Straight Jacket

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:45 PM

I agree with everything my good friend from Norway said.

But I would also like to blame Obertan.

• Ian Toon

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Explains why you might be in a strait jacket- LOL.