The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

21 year-Old Continues On Comeback Trail

4:18 pm, Thursday, November 29th, 2012 by Ed Harrison · 264 Comments

It was good to see Nile Ranger make his 59th appearance for Newcastle last night at the Britannia Stadium, when he came on as a sub late in the game for goalscorer Papiss Cisse, since it was eighteen months ago that he made his 58th appearance for Newcastle United.

Nile Ranger – on comeback trail

The 21-year-old striker, according to his manager, has a much improved attitude these days, and is even arriving at the training headquarters at Benton on time, which is different from what used to happen.

And now that Nile has tasted the big time again, he is keen to make more appearances for the Magpies, as he had this to say on the Newcastle web-site:

“It’s always a good buzz when you come and you want to impress.” “I got maybe seven minutes and it’s good to come on even if it was just for the last seven.”  “The two goals they got were a real shock to us and very disappointing because we came here after the defeat we had to Southampton and I think we did well.”

“I was on the bench against Southampton and when you’re on the bench you get to see how the whole game is going, so that if you do come on you know what to do.”  “Southampton were all over us in that game but I thought we came to Stoke and showed what we are about.”

“We’ve just got to keep our heads up and wait for the next one. It’ll spur us on.”  “It’s a start and the gaffer is showing me what can happen if I keep making progress with my behavior off the field and getting into training on time.”   “He’s given me a few minutes and hopefully there are more to come. I’ve just got to take any chance I get.”

“People say that I’ve got potential and that I’m wasting it, so I’ve sat myself down and thought ‘listen, I need to get myself together here and graft.’”  “I want to play for this team and I now realise that I need to concentrate, behave myself and get rewarded.”

“It’s good that I’ve had a cheeky little seven minutes – but that makes me hungry for more.”

Those are good words from Nile, and we hope he means them and that he can do what he says he’ll do,  and there’s little doubt that Alan Pardew has laid down the law to the 21 year-old in no uncertain terms, and what he needs to do to still have a career in football at Newcastle.

We never though Nile Ranger would get another chance on Tyneside, but since he’s been given one,  and the indications are that he wants to take it – we hope he can still become a success in his football career – and at Newcastle too.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Newcastle News · Nile Ranger

264 responses so far ↓

• 1 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:23 PM

He’s been gifted a lifeline given how threadbare we are at the moment, and with strikers out of form (yes that means Ba too, top scorer or not he needs to take his head out of his @rse)

If he knuckles down and gets a start I for one would be willing him to do well of course. Unlikely hero in a time of need? Doubt it. Useful addition given how cocked the situation is? Certainly

• 2 hotdog // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:24 PM

REPOST hotdog // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Ruddy – If you cant look fondly on the Keegan Years then seriously mate you have got big big problems. What is wrong with you? In fact dont answer that we could be here a while!

Im off to watch the Keegan Years DVD “Just love it”

• 3 mattyNUFC // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:24 PM

we needed someone like him for awhile

but i’m not buying into any of this for now. let’s see where he’s at in two years behavior-wise

• 4 markmac // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:24 PM

good words, lets just hope he means them this time #last chance saloon

• 5 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Hotodg…I came as quick as I could, my apologies. I was actually enjoying one of your relatives for lunch….how can I help?

On topic…Saying the right things, let’s hope he means it as I;m sure it’s all been said before.

• 6 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Hotdog

Don’t really want to go into it, The Entertainers were great and the football was superb but Keegan puts a dampener on what should have been the best era of NUFC history. As far as I am concerned, he is to blame for that.

Haven’t got big problems, just got a different opinion. That is allowed isn’t it? :P

• 7 BelfastMagpie // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:28 PM

This season has been a disaster so far.

The only good thing is we’ve managed to get 14 points on the board.

We should really be sitting on less points,only we got lucky in a few games.

• 8 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Are we hashtagging now? Oh goody… #ilovenotputtingspacesinbetweenmywords

:D

• 9 markmac // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:30 PM

@8 sorry dude…must get back on twitter ;-P

• 10 Indian Magpie // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:30 PM

i have enormous respect for kets, he always speaks his mind, never beats around

• 11 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Ruddy…Why hello. Please no hashtags again. That became stressful last time :)

Also, you say you have no big problems, but I must point out you are one big problem :)

As always, glad to help.

• 12 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Markmac

I was only taking the piss, someone hash tagged on a thread a few months back and we all started ripping on him so it’s nothing more than playful banter :D

• 13 BelfastMagpie // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:32 PM

• 14 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Indian

You are a loaf to the highest degree. Only trolls respect trolls, as the old adage goes, “it takes one to know one”

Ibiza

Thanks for the input into this particular debate, your support is greatly appreciated :P

Never thought of myself as the problem, I just assumed everyone else was just wrong…Have I been looking at things all wrong all this time!?!? Why didn’t you tell me!

• 15 markmac // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:34 PM

lol no worries mate, look out many more hashtags when we next win a game…hopefully this side of xmas :-]

• 16 BelfastMagpie // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Read the link lads you will wet yourself laughing. lol

This guy is the most deluded person I think I’ve ever came across.

Read the tweets from the last two games.

Comedy gold. ;)

• 17 Indian Magpie // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:34 PM

my twitter is hd_07

• 18 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Belfast….Is that your boyfriend? If you’re seeking our approval mate, we just want you to be happy.

• 19 Indian Magpie // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:36 PM

ruddy

its all relative

• 20 BelfastMagpie // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:36 PM

It’s not f***** me by the way,just incase anyone thinks it is.

He’s just some glue bag I came across on twatter.

Read his tweets. ;)

• 21 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Markmac

#Alreadylookingforwardtoit

• 22 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Ruddy….I thought with positive reinforcement you would improve you know, truth is, it’s all your fault, you are the problem, always have been, always will be. At last, it’s said ;)

Okay, I’ve edged myself in with my typical nonsense….what are we discussing. Let’s see if I can redeem myself with some sensible comments – I would advise no one to hold their breath though.

• 23 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:37 PM

I’m a sickly twerp aren’t I.

• 24 BelfastMagpie // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:37 PM

It’s not my boyfriend either Ibiza you swine.. ;)

He’s just some numpty with mental health issues.

• 25 obatoyou // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:38 PM

59 aps?

• 26 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Speaking about numpties with mental health issues it seems as though Jiz has joined the fray.

Welcome you paint huffing pr!ck :D

• 27 Indian Magpie // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:38 PM

yes belfast is something like robert, i followed him

• 28 BelfastMagpie // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:39 PM

This is my favourite one.

Jamie O’Rourke ?@Jaynufc11

I want him to resign if we lose to wigan and give the job to lee clark or someone who is a top profile manager ill now rate the players

• 29 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Belfast…What do you mean, the lad speaks the truth. Poor soul, there is a line and he does seem to be crossing it. His header might be a bit out of date mind. I support NUFC, my fav players are one Newcastle and two ex newcastle….hmmmm….

• 30 markmac // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:39 PM

ruddy#touche

• 31 BelfastMagpie // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Jamie O’Rourke ?@Jaynufc11

in all honesty if nufc lose against wigan then we wont win again this year and we will be relegated come early 2013. we will lose at fulam

• 32 BelfastMagpie // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Jamie O’Rourke ?@Jaynufc11

pardew leave this club now. ashley sack him. 4 losts in a row… this is f*****g relegation form.. we a top 6 side.. I DEMAND A win on monday

• 33 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Belfast…..My mistake :) There are some crackers in there, bless him.

• 34 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:41 PM

#ibizahowsyournewfencepanel

#indianmagpieareyouonlyontwitterwhenthetoonaredoingbadlyoristhatonlytheblog

• 35 BelfastMagpie // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Jamie O’Rourke ?@Jaynufc11

pardew leave this club now. ashley sack him. 4 losts in a row… this is f***in relegation form.. we a top 6 side.. I DEMAND A win on monday

• 36 Indian Magpie // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:42 PM

• 37 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Ruddy & Mark…. I’m pretty sure this is how it got out of hand last time :) #fortheloveofgodpleasestopbeforeitstoolate!!!

• 38 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Belfast
    Pretty sure he posts on here to be fair!!!

• 39 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:44 PM

tads…No, just dont! :) Fence panel is amazing, thanks for asking. Nice and shiny

• 40 veto // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:45 PM

i really rate the kid , missed a few sitters in his time for us but i put that down to inexperience and nerves .
    id really like to see him knuckle down and get stuck in , he needs to realise these outside influences are going nowhere , they dont give a monkeys what they get upto cos they have nothing else in their future , by the time he realises they are not friends but parasites its normally to late for most people in his situation .

• 41 Indian Magpie // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:45 PM

#followmeforyourowngood hd_07

• 42 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:45 PM

And that’s the measure of the man – mocking the issue of mental health, in the same week (not that it matters when, but it just further highlights his obnoxiousness) of the anniversary of Gary Speed’s death.

• 43 BelfastMagpie // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Jamie O’Rourke ?@Jaynufc11

we better beat stoke on wednesday am f***fumin.. swear to god we better f*** win our next 4 games first time in 4 yrs we’ve lost 3 in a

row this is a fukin crisis….it needs sorting now we CAN NOT lose 4 ina row or its gonna be relegation cus we wont recover from tht

Haha

I could go on and on like.

• 44 GeordieTwo // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Cheer up lads, we’ve still got more points than QPR and a few other abysmal teams. You would think we won yesterday based on reading a few other blogs today. We fell apart in the last 10 minutes. Complete panic. Willo and Simpson were hopeless. Willo can’t partner Colo as he hasn’t got a clue. Wigan will be a tough match and other than QPR where are we going to get points in December? Very concerned at this point. Looks like a battle for a bottom 6 position this season so far.

• 45 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Ibiza

#theballhasalreadystartedrollingandisonaslipperydescentintoanarchymuchlikethedescentofthisblogthereisnothingyoucandotostopit

• 46 BelfastMagpie // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Jamie O’Rourke ?@Jaynufc11

shud sack pardew now, hes lost today on purpose cud tell by his press conference we was gonna lose today he wants his former clubs to win

• 47 BelfastMagpie // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Jamie O’Rourke ?@Jaynufc11

I demand a win aainst stoke bordeaux wigan and fulam I also want sumit against city to make up for this shit and to get up bk in top 8

This guy needs the men in white coats for sure :)

• 48 markmac // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:50 PM

ibiza 36 – sorry mate…consider the button just to the left of the ‘enter’ key off bounds! lol p.s was that post meant to be ironic? lol

• 49 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Belfast…Now that is a mighty good one. He lost on purpose to help out his old clubs. Brilliant.

Ruddy…You must not be aware, but I can be a bit of a bully, I’ll find a way to stop it, even If I don’t know how I’ve managed it in the past, the skill is within me :)

• 50 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Of course, I am a detestable dingbat, blah blah blah you’ve said it all before and will say it all again, it was tedious before and still is.

How was school?

• 51 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Mark…In this case no. I’m asking for it to stop before I lose what little control I have left and join in. I fear I may never stop. I’m currently staring out my hash tag key and daring myself to press it. What can I say, I’m weak when it comes to mild entertainment….suppose that’s why I support the toon :) See, another example of being weak when it comes to mild entertainment.

# ;)

• 52 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Ibiza

I refuse to believe that, remember you’re incapable of forming opinions without me :P

• 53 BelfastMagpie // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:54 PM

It’s safe to say he’s lost his marbles that boy.

If he does post on here….

Jay you are a twat!!

• 54 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Ruddy….This is true. So would that mean you’ve subconciously on the same page as me then, otherwise how could I come to this conclusion? Seems you’re more delusional than first expected mate.

What is everyones thoughts on turning SJP into one large padded cell? We could all run around the pitch, bicker and then receive some therapy? Plus we’d have got all the best armchair managers together and then we may actually make some progress?

Okay, really now, someone give me a topic. I’m close to the edge, i’m slipping away, pull me in before it’s too late.

• 55 markmac // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Ibiza – anyone who wants to follow me on twitter can use it as many times as they like and i wont tell anyone….i promise [thats was very tempting] :-p

• 56 Indian Magpie // Nov 29, 2012 at 4:59 PM

okay i am off

hd_07 is my twitter, just in case u cum to your senses.

good night

• 57 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Nov 29, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Ibiza

You only formed that opinion because I allowed you to…who is truly deluded? What is real? Are we plugged into some other world that is a construct of the machines?

Yeah, think I’m too far gone, that padded cell idea isn’t half bad :P

I’m off here folks, Jiz is forcing me to give up due to his moral and intellectual superiority.

Hasta la luego Jiz, pendejo

• 58 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 29, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Mark…..Stop trying to feed by hash addiction. Sorry, I mean hash tag addiction. I shall not be a twit, well, not one with an active twitter account anyway :)

• 59 Super Magpie // Nov 29, 2012 at 5:02 PM

I have mixed feelings about yesterday. I was expecting to get beat, but not like that. We simply collapsed in the final 10 minutes. That’s the type of we would’ve won last season, how things have changed.

On the performance, much better than at Southampton but not there yet. Thought a draw would’ve been a fair result. We probably should have won it if wasn’t for a couple of good saves by their keeper. The goals we conceded were very poor though. I don’t know who was meant to be picking up Walters but for him to be given a free header in the 6 yard box is disgraceful and it all started from a sloppy Tiote pass. Not good. The second goal was even worse. We left a huge gap inbetween the midfield and defence, a ball went over the top which meant Jones totally obliterated Williamson and he knocked down for an unmarked Jerome who Colo just seemed to let ghost past.

On the whole, we played better compared to recent weeks and its always difficult to play well at Stoke, they are a very hard team to break down. But players like Willo, Tiote and Jonas are starting to irritate me. Williamson is simply not enough and Jonas just seems to be lost at times. Tiote has been woeful too, especially his passing.
    A loss against Wigan on Monday will do a lot more damage than the other 4 defeats. The fans will really start to turn on Pardew ( not that I will) and make it clear they aren’t happy with him and the team.

Anyway there’s my view on last night.

• 60 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Nov 29, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Do we have a game this weekend?

• 61 Ketsbaia9 // Nov 29, 2012 at 5:03 PM

I think we’ll lose to QPR. They have decent players and it will be a tough game. We drew with them at home last season. Djibril Cisse has been looking good recently.

• 62 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 29, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Ruddy….That would make more sense, what was I thinking?

Take it easy good sir, I mean you over ecucated bullying brat.

• 63 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 29, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Indian
    I’ve forwarded that to shola he said he’ll happily follow you but i started to lose him when he started talking about gaffa tape and blow torches then he just grinned

• 64 Super Magpie // Nov 29, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Type of game*

• 65 Super Magpie // Nov 29, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Kets

We beat QPR at home 1-0 last season.

• 66 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 29, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Jesper…Wigan on Monday. Did I see smileys come under questioning again earlier?

Super…I only saw the last 10 minutes, but they seemed to just completely lose the plot, they had just given up. From what I’ve read it was better before, but it was an odd turn of events. I also missed their second goal, I suppose for once I should be thankful for rubbish streams.

I too didn’t expect much, except some improvement. Some being the key word, I doubt it will all turn around in one game, we need slow and steady progress and some fight. That is the minimum for now. Forget targets for now, still too early, let’s get back to basics…like simple passing maybe…

• 67 Super Magpie // Nov 29, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Jesper

Next Monday- Wigan (H) 20:00 ( or 21:00 for you)

• 68 markmac // Nov 29, 2012 at 5:09 PM

@65 and jeeeeeeeez do we need a good result :-/

• 69 Ketsbaia9 // Nov 29, 2012 at 5:11 PM

I’ve got it mixed up with the away game. I remember, we played very poorly in both games. We are missing Ryan Taylor. He was the difference last season.

• 70 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 29, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Not that I’m trying to detract from our current problems….

• 71 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Nov 29, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Ibiza…I am not completely sure what a padded cell is (an asylment or something?)

…but I am sure I have heard somewhere that too many cooks spoil the broth ;-)

• 72 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 29, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Jesper…Indeed. It is where the fine folk who drive the blue van would take you. I have heard that one too, it was most definitely a tongue in cheek comment, the last thing I would want is for fans to be in charge – now that would be ultiamte chaos :)

• 73 Super Magpie // Nov 29, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Ibiza

Very true, we won’t turn it around in 1 game. There was an improvement so there is some hope. Hopefully we’ve turned a corner, but a defeat like that might drain the players confidence even more than the other ones. On getting back to basics, we’ve been saying that all season and still haven’t. :roll:

I also think you jinxed us now that you have said you only saw the last 10 minutes. :)

• 74 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 29, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Ibizzle
    Sort your sh1t your crappy link wont open see what happens when you get off your fence, fill people with intrigue only to cut them down!

• 75 Super Magpie // Nov 29, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Markmac

Definitely, anything but a win is not acceptable even if we are horribly out of form. This is the type of game we can win to regain some confidence. If we don’t I can see is being in the bottom 3 by the new year just by looking at our fixtures following this game.

• 76 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 29, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Super…..The thought did cross my mind too. Will I have to sacrifice my watching of games for the good of the team? Given current performances that probably wouldn’t be too much of a struggle :)

Let’s hope they can keep some belief going, it will take some time as confidence is clearly low for whatever reason or reasons, but from what I’ve read, there were some signs of at least steadying the ship, which is what we need right now. Forget football philosiphy and formations for now, just get things back on track…whichever track that may be. Then we can get back to thinking of next steps.

Oh, I almost forgot, Pardew out!

• 77 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 29, 2012 at 5:22 PM

tads….You don’t need to convince me, I’d happily stay up my fence for the rest of my days.

Well, I must go for a bit. I managed to break two laptops this week, deep joy. They have managed to take the two and make one working one though, so life is looking up :)

Catch you later.

• 78 GeordieTwo // Nov 29, 2012 at 5:26 PM

If Martinez out-manages Pardew on Monday and his players execute properly we could have another home disaster on our hands. They did it to many good sides away from home last season. Looking for a few positives in another loss will serve no purpose (except for Pardew who has to try to lift his team). Llambias out now. I don’t want him screwing up more deals in January and then giving us that sickening smirk. Ashley wake up your team is headed for a bottom 6 finish.

• 79 AMEOBI // Nov 29, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Kets,

I agree with Ryan Taylor would love him to be at LB and Santon LW. That would be amazing, he’s defo the difference

• 80 Super Magpie // Nov 29, 2012 at 5:36 PM

December fixtures:

Mon 3rd- Wigan (H) 20:00
    Thu 6th- Bordeaux (A) 18:00 ( could write this game off)
    Mon 10th- Fulham (A) 20:00
    Sat 15th- Man City (H) 12:45
    Sat 22nd- QPR (H) 15:00
    Wed 26th- Man U (A) 15:00
    Sat 29th- Arsenal (A) 17:30

Discounting the Bordeaux game as we’ve qualified I can only see us picking up a maximum of 7 points from those games. That leaves us with 21 points from 20 games going into the new year.

• 81 Jail for Ashley // Nov 29, 2012 at 5:39 PM

The biggest two fingers to Pards was when RTayor was injured and Pards came out and said we’ll have to bring somebody in,he was obviously given a blocking for issuing such a statement as 24 hrs later we had a perfectly able squad.

• 82 Tsunki // Nov 29, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Well its probably most appropriate to say the jury is still out on a glorious 25 goal miracle comback for our resident Juvie. As far as I was concerned, if I only ever saw him agaoin on Crimewatch in 2025 pinching holographic TV’s and kids Hoverboards oit would have been too soon.

But, seeing as we are desperate and there is absolutely nobody at all left, go on kid, have a go.

Mind, his last appearances were less than inspiring weren’t they. What makes anyone think he is going to be any good now? Who next? I know, seeing as we have a sizeable French-speaking contingent how about that up and coming lad oh what’s he called… Jules Barton?

• 83 Tsunki // Nov 29, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Kets – is it like a personal nightmare that the players who are not getting injured or suspended are the ones you would most like to be?

• 84 Tsunki // Nov 29, 2012 at 5:43 PM

Supermag – phew that IS good news. What a relief!

• 85 markmac // Nov 29, 2012 at 5:44 PM

@73 super magpie – we do need a win big time! but it wont be easy v wigan, we really need a big team performance and a couple of extra bodies back will help!

• 86 Super Magpie // Nov 29, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Tsunki
    It’s great news, we could be averaging over 1pt per game again. :neutral:

Markmac
    Wigan play good football but they are very inconsistent. It’s a must win game.

• 87 Jail for Ashley // Nov 29, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Really in two minds whether to go up there on Monday night,not one of my pals wants to go and after I paid 48 quid to watch that dross against West Ham l’m reluctant to stand in the freezing cold for a game I can watch in the pub.

• 88 mattyNUFC // Nov 29, 2012 at 5:51 PM

ok, now that the girls’ night seems to be over that was carrying on earlier

i’m back with some interesting stats!! :D

Mike Williamson has played a total of 63 long passes (balls) this season

Yohan Cabaye has played a total of 94

Mike Williamson’s aerial duals are at a success rate of 62%

Coloccini is at 33%

• 89 Super Magpie // Nov 29, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Jail
    One of the many times Pardew has contradicted himself this season.
    Llambias’ fault though for that one. Telling Pardew he can’t bring anyone else in. The sooner he leaves the better.

• 90 Super Magpie // Nov 29, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Matty

Didn’t the stats say that Simpson was the best PL full back last season?

• 91 Ketsbaia9 // Nov 29, 2012 at 5:55 PM

Williamson and Simpson are statistically the best defenders in the league, but somehow keeping costing us games. If Williamson and Simpson were both sold last summer, we’d be in the top 3 now.

• 92 mattyNUFC // Nov 29, 2012 at 5:55 PM

super magpie

that lasted like a handful of games

the long ball thing i don’t think there’s any comparison. that’s all cabaye’s done this year

• 93 mattyNUFC // Nov 29, 2012 at 5:56 PM

kets

top 3? c’mon. we’d still have AP

• 94 Jail for Ashley // Nov 29, 2012 at 5:56 PM

People said KK was just bitter when he said Mashley knows nothing about football and Dastardly knows even less,I think there’s a lot of truth in that.

• 95 fray bentos // Nov 29, 2012 at 5:57 PM

@matty

Prick here

Which site you get those stats from?

• 96 GeordieTwo // Nov 29, 2012 at 5:58 PM

If those stats are correct matty@86 who has made more completed long passes Cabaye or Willo and who is encouraging so much long ball? Could it be Pardew? If he wants to see Cabaye play more short passes he will tell him surely? I think the long ball game comes from Pardew because they can’t figure out a way to get the ball to Cisse and Ba consistently on the ground. Cisse isn’t even that good in the air and he is terrible at knocking high balls down. Why do we persist with it? Lack of a tactical vision from Pardew possibly?

• 97 toonLYF // Nov 29, 2012 at 5:59 PM

mattyNUFC…

Howay man mate, there’s a difference between a Cabaye long ball from the half way line, and Williamson punting the ball from the edge of his own area.

• 98 stuart no9 // Nov 29, 2012 at 5:59 PM

cant believe some of the posts i have read on previous topics wanting us to get back in the championship coz they had ” good days out going too watford and peterboro “. really – words fail me, thet really do.

• 99 Jail for Ashley // Nov 29, 2012 at 6:01 PM

I believe hoots was sacked not because of his inability as a manager but because of the fact that he wouldn’t have put up with being publicly undermined.

• 100 mattyNUFC // Nov 29, 2012 at 6:02 PM

prick
    workyticket scrounged em up on .org

LYF

true, but only by distance. both have been equally aimless imo. cabaye’s got one assist in 13 appearances

• 101 tequilamag // Nov 29, 2012 at 6:03 PM

JFA how was hoots publicly undermined?

• 102 Super Magpie // Nov 29, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Matty
    Agree with Geordje two above. I think Pardew would tell Cabaye to play shorter passes because he can. Williamson can’t,

• 103 Tsunki // Nov 29, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Nah watford is a bit of a dive. Peterborough is supposed to be nice.

• 104 mattyNUFC // Nov 29, 2012 at 6:05 PM

GeordieTwo

seems obvious to me, but just thought i’d put em up to see others’ views

dunno about completion rates mind

• 105 Jail for Ashley // Nov 29, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Tequila mag,
    I don’t believe he was as I don’t think he would have put up with it.

• 106 toonLYF // Nov 29, 2012 at 6:07 PM

the crucial difference for me is, whilst neither have been successful, Cabaye atleast tries to put it into a channel for a player to run onto, Williamson’s is literally an aimless punt, Rugby player-esque.

I noticed yesterday though Colo didn’t hit a long ball once, he was passing into Anita’s or Jonas’ feet almost everytime. Only if the rest could follow suit

• 107 tequilamag // Nov 29, 2012 at 6:09 PM

JFA can`t remember Hoots ever rocking the boat even after he was sacked. It was very harsh to sack Hoots but I don`t think that was the reason.

• 108 fray bentos // Nov 29, 2012 at 6:12 PM

worthless talking about really

a) we can’t even see the website to judge for ourselves of their credibility

b) what distance does the website judge a long ball, and is there even respected measure of short/long ball

Also that stats takes no measure of percentage of passes or percentage of accuracy

• 109 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 29, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Tequila re-post from last thread
    And matty possible theory for the long ball?

Obviously defence is a problem aye and all 3 of our CB’s have been pretty suspect, feel willo’s taking most the slack but in all honesty colo’s been exposed a fair few times this season and theres no difference between tayls and willo for me this season tbh both need replacing/upgrading
    But also think the hoof ball stems from how p1ss poor tiote’s been there have been a few games this season where there have been genuine attempts to play it out from the back and tiotes either passed to no one, diagonal ball to know one, danced around in a circle and played his way into trouble got dispossed and we’ve been caught out or he’s been caught out been dispossed scythed someone down and we’ve had to defend a set piece which we are truly poor at! Half the time were relying on ba to clear a corner then expect him to be up the other end for the counter!

• 110 Transfer Sage // Nov 29, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Super

The stats used did say Simmo was the best full back.

But they aren’t comprehensive stats. They can’t always be believed.

Stats were only for certain aspects of play. They didnt show how much he stands off, if he puts in a cross, gets a goal/assists. It’s difficult to judge off stats alone.

If you could go from stats alone you wouldn’t need a scout.

• 111 tequilamag // Nov 29, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Matty @90 the stats produced on Simpson were posted in Apr and were for the season not just a few weeks.

• 112 Jail for Ashley // Nov 29, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Tequila
    I think you’ve misunderstood me,what im trying to say is that I don’t think hoots was a yes man where as Pards just seems to take any sh#t that they throw at him.

• 113 mattyNUFC // Nov 29, 2012 at 6:17 PM

compliments of worky too

start from 11:00, interesting take by Robson :D

• 114 fray bentos // Nov 29, 2012 at 6:17 PM

@tads

Agreed on Tiote being a possible reason for some of poor/long ball play, i think Swansea was his best game this season and thats some of the best football we have played this season

• 115 mattyNUFC // Nov 29, 2012 at 6:18 PM

tequila

fair play!

• 116 mattyNUFC // Nov 29, 2012 at 6:20 PM

and in that interview (link posted above)

hislop makes a great point about MA and the fans

• 117 Ketsbaia9 // Nov 29, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Even that Ronny Stam looked impressive for Wigan last night playing Wingback. He got forward, beat players and put some good crosses in. Simpson can’t do that and he also can’t defend. He allows players to beat him and put crosses in and his marking is a joke. He always plays the long ball.

• 118 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 29, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Fray
    Yeah true he put a shift in against swans
    The prob we have is a lack of quality in depth if one key player isn’t performing it seems to disrupt the whole team and we dont have any one who can just slot in if someone needs dropping or subbing off and were in even more trouble when 4-5 first teamers aren’t playing how we know they can!

• 119 fray bentos // Nov 29, 2012 at 6:24 PM

that robson really doesn’t like Pardew!!

• 120 mattyNUFC // Nov 29, 2012 at 6:25 PM

fray

haha, not at all

• 121 tequilamag // Nov 29, 2012 at 6:26 PM

JFA no offence mate but I do understand your point I just disagree with it. He never kicked up a fuss when we had a fire sale after relegation, nor did he kick up a fuss when Ash never gave him any money for new signings when we were promoted. He may well have argued his point in private but in public he never said a thing.And as it was the best job of his career I doubt whether he would have walked away. Still a very poor reward to sack him though.

• 122 tequilamag // Nov 29, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Kets but apart from all that do you think we should give Simmo a new contract?

• 123 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 29, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Matty
    To be fair pards was probably knobbing that stuart robsons missus!

• 124 Ketsbaia9 // Nov 29, 2012 at 6:46 PM

I think we should terminate both Williamson and Simpson’s contracts with immediate effect. They’re costing us points and money, so we may as well sack them. We’d not lose out much because they’re both worth peanuts and nobody will want to sign them. Look at Simpson, he’s been at all these clubs and we’re the only fools to take him on. Blackburn and Sunderland didn’t want to make his loan permanent. He’s an absolute liability.

• 125 Jail for Ashley // Nov 29, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Tequila,
    No offence taken what so ever maybe he was to vocal in private and Mashley wants somebody in who”ll put up with his lies.Tis is only my opinion btw.

• 126 tequilamag // Nov 29, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Kets I like your radical approach to problem solving. There is a slight flaw in your plan though. If we sack them now they can`t be replaced till Jan. You may have noticed a slight shortage of fit replacements as well. Do you think Abeid could play in defence? I only ask because you have seen him numerous times which is pretty impressive as he has only played a handul of first class games.

• 127 santonthenewmaldini // Nov 29, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Even Sky Sports know what our problems are….

• 128 tequilamag // Nov 29, 2012 at 6:53 PM

JFA, could be . Doubt that Ash will ever win employer of the year.

• 129 catchy in norway // Nov 29, 2012 at 6:58 PM

i owe some ppl on here an apology
    ppl like frey , tds, ibiza,
    i said things last night because i was hurting,,
    im very very sad my / our team is heading the way it is, but i should not have called anyone,
    as in life we all want to be at a level and be happy with what we have, and thats not saying your happy with where we are right now, but your happy to see where it takes us, a mistery ride so to say,
    i think you guys just see the best in ppl, and honestly its great to be like that

i dont normally ask for anyone to lose there jobs, regardless of how how there doing , i believe ppl do the very best they can, some excell some fall short,,

my opinion on pardew is not tainted by hatred as some of you seem to think, i have based it on what i want from the team, what level of players i think we have, and what i think they can achieve, what i see on the pitch, and what he says

this is not some reaction to a few poor results

1, our squad,
    firstly we have 2 amazing forwards, outside the top2, i dont think any other team has got 2 goal scorers, with service, the both score goals, with no service they struggle, can they play together, i think yes, but not without getting lots of balls in the box,

2,MF,
    tiote, cabaye,HBA,anita ,marv
    along with fergy sammy, biggi perch, abeid, romain, then you have the kids who have something to offer the team(perch) imo on a dmc
    5 very good midfielders, all with great ability

3DF

taylor, whole hearted, gives his all,, misses to much through injury
    santon and colo, top class,
    willamson and simpson, are not even championship quality,
    i see no difference between tav and simpson, other than one has lots of games under his belt, one is learning and getting better,
    we are very weak in defencesive cover,, but we are going into our second season knwing this,

krul,, just needs to sort his kicking out, and he could be classed as one of the best in the prem

imo

i think man u would snap our hands off if we offered them KRUL, CABAYE, HBA,COLO, SANTO, these 5 would walk straight into there first team,, so thats 5 players that we can build a good team around

the next level down, spurs, ars, liverpool,
    they would take those 5 and between them take tiote, BA CISSE,

if chelsea had ba and cisse in ther team id tip them to win the league,,

so there is 8 players we have that in my opinion are good enough for the top 4 teams

man u won the league last year with IMO there worst team iv ever seen, the manager had them jumping through hoops, playing above themselfs,, they have an aging team, defence is crap,, but there top of the league again,,

so as you can see i think we have good players,,

our manager, pardew,, regardless of what he says, on how we play, we play long ball football,
    but in my opinon he even gets that wrong,
    to play that way you pump it long and flood the box with players,,
    JFK did it with wimbldon with great success
    pulis does it, nocks it up to lanky, and has a few from MF rushing on
    fat sam plays this way to, look at his team, big AC up top then MF rushing in

pardew play 2 up top, HBA on the right,, so he is aiming for only 2 players,,
    santon is covering 2 positions and doing it well
    cabs and jonas join tiote in MFd

last night i still can not work out what formation we played,
    jonas was everywhere and playing shit,
    we had 1 good chance and scored, the other 2 where balls played from the half way line with only one player in front to play 2, it was so defensive, and some of you say it was better,, the effort from the players was, but pardew played a mare of a game,

he woke up on 86th min and tought hey we are gona lose this, il throw the kids on, marv was our best option on the bench, did not come on, anita was our best player on the pitch and got subbed,, still scratiching my head on that one,,

then pardew says after the game he was pleased, and if they play like that, they will be ok,,
    if that is what he thinks for real and we play like that ,, we are going down,,

we need to use our great attacking players, instead of relying on our poor defensive players,,, goals win you games, more goals could be an extra point if we needed it,,

sack him ASAP, save our season

• 130 BelfastMagpie // Nov 29, 2012 at 7:06 PM

You really need to stop having these breakdowns Catchy.

Deep breaths :-)

• 131 fray bentos // Nov 29, 2012 at 7:06 PM

@Catchy

No need for apology, i think everyone knew you just had a bit of a meltdown

Leaguewise there isn’t really anything to save since were not going to get any position meaningful and i don’t believe we will get relegated but we have looked better in european so thats somethign to look forward to possibly

• 132 tequilamag // Nov 29, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Evening Catchy how is the crusade going?

• 133 dcdick // Nov 29, 2012 at 7:09 PM

I can’t believe they are giving that hooligan Ranger yet another chance.
    AP says it’s all right because he has started arriving on time for training…………….words fail me !
    Something is very wrong at Newcastle………..the structure is there but it just ‘aint working.
    Over to you MA.

• 134 toonLYF // Nov 29, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Sky Sports are absolutely spot on there like

• 135 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 29, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Catchy
    Ahh your just a big softy at heart ;)

Agree with fray about the league tbh!

Reckons simmo is offski in jan so that will be one less debate to be had! Although we need to bring in a replacement as i just dont think tav is PL level kinda wishing we got that clyne lad rated him for a good couple of seasons now but people on here kept telling me tav was better and clyne was a fizzy pop defender

• 136 Ian Toon // Nov 29, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Tequila- Why do bloggers make so much of the public utterances of managers! It’s not so important what they’re saying as why they’re saying it. Sir Fergi is the arch exponent of this practice. Hughton and Pardew will doubtless have made their thoughts known on all such key footballing issues when the owner makes it clear that it’s his way or no way your options are either to quit or get on with it. The manager cannot thereafter divulge the outcome of such meetings with the owner to the media or fans without being accused of disloyalty. Some of our fans are just naive. Managers can expect criticism when losing just as their happy to accept praise when winning. As someone who has seen a few down times in the clubs fortunes i would be interested on your take of the current situation ?
    I have a clear mindset path for the remainder of the season but I would welcome your thoughts when you have the time!
    On our 2013 calendar I had not considered the commercial sales side . Clearly Obertan could well damage sales.

• 137 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 29, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Seen QPR are linked with defoe
    Wonder if ol floppy chops can do with the hoops what he did for pompy? Dont mean europa i mean finacially cripple them

• 138 Ian Toon // Nov 29, 2012 at 7:14 PM

On our 2013 calendar I had not considered the commercial sales side . Clearly Obertan’s presence could well damage sales.

• 139 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 29, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Ian toon
    Realiatically obertan was never going to feature in a toon calender with that mug no one would want to look at that everyday for a month!

• 140 fray bentos // Nov 29, 2012 at 7:22 PM

@Ian toon

Exactly, i don’t understand that either. I couldn’t really give s**t what pardew says in his post-match interviews, its what he says to the players that count and whether he listens to them or not, unfortunately this is something we will never know

I remember a while back loads of bloggers expecting the board and the manager to release statements on potential transfer, why in hell would we want to reveal any of that?!!?

• 141 Ian Toon // Nov 29, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Fray- has it occurred to you that if we don’t get relegated then agent Catchy is out of a job?

• 142 Ian Toon // Nov 29, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Tads- That was Tequila’s point- LOL.

• 143 davis_toons // Nov 29, 2012 at 7:25 PM

We have been SPOILT by “The Entertainers Football”…our eyes just go sore when we watch us play lower quality football.

We are what we are for now, until the next era group of players emerge… ..

• 144 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 29, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Obertan is on my 2013 calendar. Might be my sponge bob one mind.

Catchy….No need to apologise, but thanks. I know you’re passionate about the club, that is for sure, we just see it all a bit differently, plus we seem to all love a good argument.

• 145 stuart no9 // Nov 29, 2012 at 7:27 PM

tsunki @101 whats nice about peterboro like???

• 146 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 29, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Ian & Tads….Nice to see you two aren’t at each other. Sorry to bring it up, but thought it worth mentioning. Some hope in this mad mad blog.

• 147 Ian Toon // Nov 29, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Even allowing for Harry’s wheeling and dealing in the window can anyone realistically see QPR surviving? I can’t.

• 148 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 29, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Stuart…Prepare yourself…I’m with you on this…what’s nice about that place…except maybe the Peter bit, people called Peter are always nice….rabbits too.

• 149 fray bentos // Nov 29, 2012 at 7:31 PM

@Ian

Then he would just go freelance im afraid

• 150 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 29, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Ian…So far it hasn’t looked good for them. However, If I am insistent that form for this period of the season will not be decisive at the end, then I suppose I must afford QPR the same.

I want them to go down tbh, but with the reasoning of form so far, that would put any argument of Newcaslte being able to turn things round on shaky grounds….and I couldn’t have that now, could I?

Saying that, I do think getting a sense of team at QPR will be really hard, a few suspect egos in that club.

• 151 tequilamag // Nov 29, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Hi Ian, I think its down to the rolling news culture and I suppose this blog is a good example of that. Managers are much more media savvy and Pards generally tries to play with a straight bat. It`s a no win for Pardew though, when things are going badly as whatever he says will be construed in a negative way by his critics.
    As for the current situation I am fairly relaxed well up till the point when I remember we are down to the bones in defence.
    I Have seen more poor sides than great ones for Newcastle and this team I would class as above the average. I don`t buy for one moment we were lucky to get 5th last season..
    Obviously as far as Pardew is concerned I am happy to carry on. Much of the criticism seems based on assumptions and or prejudice. Sadly not a new thing. Joe Harvey got dogs abuse before he left and it took us years to get back to the standard he had us playing at.
    I would caution people who want Pardew out be careful what you wish for, its` just as likely it will get much worse than much better.

• 152 BelfastMagpie // Nov 29, 2012 at 7:37 PM

He’ll spend a fortune in January and keep them up.

• 153 Ian Toon // Nov 29, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Fray- Freelance!!! His postings would still be a crock of – - – - e.

• 154 fray bentos // Nov 29, 2012 at 7:44 PM

@Ian

I don’t agree with alot of what he says but i think he is alot better with his arguments that many others with the same view, same goes for check

• 155 BelfastMagpie // Nov 29, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Apparently Pardew lost against,West Ham & Southampton on purpose because he wanted his former club to win.

Love that one like :-)

• 156 Ian Toon // Nov 29, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Fray- Of late whenever I ask him some questions on his claims he has not responded. I think he sees me a a lost soul. He also posts using other names I think!

• 157 Jail for Ashley // Nov 29, 2012 at 7:56 PM

How and why is somebody who doesn’t like Mike Ashley a ‘neggar’

• 158 Jail for Ashley // Nov 29, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Tequila mag,
    Was the football very good under Joe Harvey ?

• 159 Ian Toon // Nov 29, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Ibiza- Sunderland are a very poor side. We showed a lot more determination yesterday but Williamson was poor and we increasingly look suspect defensively. I would be inclined to play Perch alongside Coloccini . The growing plus is Anita. We do need to give it a right go on Monday. I am off to eat see you.

• 160 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 29, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Jail…Well he’s so soft and cuddly anyone who doesn’t like him surely is a negative soul. In reality, it’s not disliking someone but sometimes the way in which that person goes on about their dislike with such constant negativity. The word does get used in a constant over the top way also though, far too liberally probably, but it’s sometimes tough to keep perspective within the madness. I suppose it’s a bit like if you see some sense in the Ashley “plan” you’re labelled an Ashley lover or mini-accountant. Just silly labelling really, you neggar ;)

• 161 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 29, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Ian toon/tequila
    Well your bith spot on then dont think i could eat me frosties in the morning with obertan eyeballing me!

Tequila
    Your right I think managers have to be aware of things like blogs and twitter
    Look at how QPR’s chairman was with warnock posting sh1t all over twitter then theres monsieur barton…..

Belfast
    Thats what im thinking QPR will once again sign near on a new starting 11 like they do every window personally i hope they go down which is a shame used to like them in the fizzy pop but they way the mugged off the squad that got them promoted was criminal

• 162 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 29, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Ian…Firstly, my apoligies for this, but sadly, I can’t resist. Enjoy your see you, can’t say i’ve ever tried it. :)

I’m not a huge fan of Perch at CB, but neither am I a huge fan of Willo or our current displays. Happy to see anything given a go, as long as there is some thought and fight. On Sunderland, well said.

Have a good one.

• 163 tequilamag // Nov 29, 2012 at 8:04 PM

JFA At home yeah, Supermac was CF and althoug he is a terrible pundit he was lethal as a cf. Away from home though we were terrible. Now I remember we had a FB called Frank Clark who was the equivalent of Simmo eveyone thought he was past it. He transferred to Notts forest managed by Brian Clough and went one to win loads of stuff.

• 164 stuart no9 // Nov 29, 2012 at 8:08 PM

ibiza – nice to see you agree with me on something – its a start anyway – who knows we could end up really good pals. funny you should mention rabbits , i had 2 giant flemish 1 got run over by a van – just thought id mention it !

• 165 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 29, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Ibiza
    Sadly though wilo is our only recognised CB along with colo for me vs wigan would have to agree with perch wigan have some pacy lads in the squad with di santo and kone and although perch isn’t pacy i think he reads the game better than wilo but as i type i’ve just remembered that perch is suspended so it really doesn’t matter what i think!!!

• 166 Jail for Ashley // Nov 29, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Ibiza,
    Me personally was starting to get used to this plan and last season gave me no argument as to go against it, I even asked Solano to leave off him once, but the window just gone suggested to me what I have always suspected and that this plan is getting made up as it goes along and that it is far from flawless and the fact that Derek Llambias seems to be in charge of it doesn’t seem to give it any credibility whatsoever.

• 167 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 29, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Stuart…Sorry to hear that (the rabbits, not the idea of being pals). I’m sure there are quite a few things we agree on….don’t seem to be many as far as Newcaslte goes, except for us ultimately wanting to do well, pretty sure that’s a given for us all.

Anyway….to first steps!

• 168 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 29, 2012 at 8:12 PM

JFA
    Have to agree there about dekka
    For me its not MA its not the plan its lamearse cant imagine anyone wanting to do buisness with that horrible little fecker!
    Bring back chris mort!!!

• 169 toonbrother // Nov 29, 2012 at 8:12 PM

very hypocritical of this blog considering you were among those kicking him when he was down not too long ago

• 170 toonbrother // Nov 29, 2012 at 8:12 PM

people bashing willo are cowards. Where was colocinni’s marking when walters tapped in from 6 yards for the second goal? On the first goal he was also nowhere to be found. It just shows how dumb certain fans are that they let poor positioning go scot free. That -if nothing else- is the primary skill of a defender. anticipating the danger areas and being there to avert it. Colocinni was pi55 poor again last night. you lot are simply to cowardly to admit it

• 171 tequilamag // Nov 29, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Toonbrother who are you referring to?

• 172 Jail for Ashley // Nov 29, 2012 at 8:15 PM

It makes me sick when people suggest that us Mashley haters want the team to lose, does anybody no how gutted I was sitting in my car on the drive way listening to the radio when they scored their second goal.

• 173 toonbrother // Nov 29, 2012 at 8:16 PM

willo bashers wherever they are hiding

• 174 tequilamag // Nov 29, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Don`t think Colo has been immune from criticism this season. Pretty much everyone has had a turn players manager Ashley most of the posters.

• 175 Ketsbaia9 // Nov 29, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Put Streete in at centre back and Willo in on the left wing.

• 176 Jail for Ashley // Nov 29, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Kets,
    You’re trolling again.

• 177 fray bentos // Nov 29, 2012 at 8:20 PM

@Kets

I can play, i can start?

• 178 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 29, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Toonbrother
    In all fairness alot of people me included have said colo was at fault for the second goal no ones given him a free pass

As for ranger dont see how anyones bieng hypocritical no one wants to see the t1t back in the squad

• 179 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 29, 2012 at 8:21 PM

tads….He’s suspended? Wtf? What’s the point in living? Anymore bad news for me? I prefer him in DM, but we are indeed short at CB’s…who would have thought?!?

Jail…I know. For me, I still think it will turn around, but I’m not going to harp on too much about it, as I did feel a little badly after so many people were let down come September and I did rally the troops throughout the summer. Now I’m just taking the “I’ll wait and see” approach and try not to wind too many people up. I do understand why people are angry and have trouble trusting in Ashley, I mean, he has let us down before and maybe I’m being naive, but on a business level it just makes no sense for him to want what is going on now, none at all really. What I do believe is that whilst he does want to improve the squad, he simply wont cave in his valuations of players. If it doesn’t happen in a particular window, it can wait as far as he’s concerned. It might be short sighted, but it also doesn’t mean he doesn’t want the club to improve and go somewhere. I do still see reasons to be positive, but I wont lie, this season has made me question a thing or two, which is always healthy.

Anyway, let’s hope we can start getting something to cheer about whilst we wait and see what his next move is.

For the record, I don’t consider you a neggar really. Challenging at times, as are we all, but I get you struggle to believe Ashley is anything other than a money grabbing arse and whilst that opinion is probably about right, he does like success, it’s just how we get there or probably more importantly…what is success?

• 180 fray bentos // Nov 29, 2012 at 8:21 PM

@kets

I can play, can i start at cb?

• 181 fray bentos // Nov 29, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Nowt wrong with dislking Ashley, i think most do to a degree

Im kinda undecided whether he is good for the club long term or not

• 182 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Nov 29, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Fray….So simply said. Can you give me some lessons please? :)

I see the sense in the plan, which is where I think my patience comes from. Would I say I trust him or that the plan is real? Not entirely, I do believe for financial gain he would drop us in a second, so there’s no loyalty, so I guess trust would be the wrong word. I do think success, to some level anyway, is achievable under Ashley.

• 183 fray bentos // Nov 29, 2012 at 8:34 PM

@Ibiza

haha yes but the lessons are likely to be disturbed by the noisy unruly rabble next door

yeah your opinion there rings true with me, i liked him a bit more last season but im really starting to doubt whether i trust him or not. You don’t really know where you stand with him and his quietness on the matter doesn’t help

• 184 solano // Nov 29, 2012 at 8:39 PM

IanT…my polar opposite, long lost twin, alter ego and trawler of old posts…we exist within the same time constituency tonight?
    I posted my views on Willo and Perch 2 minutes before ko last night and you agree 24 hrs later. Uncanny! But Willo is shot to pieces at mo and needs to be taken out of firing line. Ludicrous that Perch is THE only half sensible option available.

• 185 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 29, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Solano
    Unfortunately perchinio is now suspended so wilo will have to live with bieng a walking target for the firing squad for wigan atleast!

• 186 solano // Nov 29, 2012 at 8:47 PM

TADS…I know, it’s very painful to watch him suffer and extremely dangerous for my cats!

• 187 stuart no9 // Nov 29, 2012 at 8:47 PM

ibiza “what s success ” it varies year to year sometimes its buying a player- sometimes its keeping one. however this years success is – avoid relegation and keeping players , or am i being a tad greedy here.

• 188 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 29, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Solano
    Poor mogs! Have to admit catem ben arfa has started hiding when im watching the toon

• 189 Jail for Ashley // Nov 29, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Solano,
    What can we do about Mashley,nothing,he’s disbanded the singing section who were the most vocal against him and too many people love going to the games to to do a mass boycot for a game or two,people are still under the illusion that he tried to sell up a few years ago,imo he had no intention whatsoever it was a smokescreen to avoid would could have potentially been riots outside of the ground,unfortunately unless we get relegated (god forbid ) I think we’re stuck with him,while he can plaster them SD logos everywhere and pocket the TV money he isn’t going anywhere,I think it would take a bid of 350M + to make him think and I personally don’t think even the craziest Arab,Chinese tycoon or ogliarch would come up with that kind of dough.

• 190 GeordieToon89 // Nov 29, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Funny we should be on the subject of Ranger, Nearly crashed into him today he didnt look to happy but also didnt react.. lovely mat black range rover with a white stripe going through the middle ha

• 191 BelfastMagpie // Nov 29, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Well apparently Ashley wants to rename Ibrox.
    The sports direct arena.

Sports direct is going to take over the world at some stage,I can feel it.

Free mugs for every one.

• 192 BelfastMagpie // Nov 29, 2012 at 9:28 PM

• 193 Rake // Nov 29, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Wouldn’t it be funny if that box to box player we was looking for is Anita?

• 194 Jail for Ashley // Nov 29, 2012 at 9:38 PM

If that story is true it would show what utter contempt Mike Ashley has for the footballing world in pursuit of his business interests.

• 195 mattnufc // Nov 29, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Why would he not want more money?^

• 196 BelfastMagpie // Nov 29, 2012 at 9:43 PM

I don’t think it will happen.

Charles Green isn’t that daft.He knows the Rangers fans will crack up about it.

It’s probably just lazy journos talking shit.

• 197 Jail for Ashley // Nov 29, 2012 at 9:48 PM

He may want more money, but it doesn’t take away the fact that he has utter contempt to how people feel or the affect it has.

• 198 jeff // Nov 29, 2012 at 9:52 PM

I would never put a player in a position where it doesn’t benefit the team

Brendan Rodgers

• 199 Jail for Ashley // Nov 29, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Can anybody please enlighten as to what benefits we received from being named the SDA for almost a year, new players perhaps a 10% discount on the £ 4.10 lager, no I’m struggling.

• 200 CisseIsALegend // Nov 29, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Coloccini is so overrated its unreal. Lets pretend its a one off for him when it’s not. Woopdidoo he can pass a ball but what on earth was he doing for stokes second goal. A centre backs main job is to defend so that’s why I think we need to buy 2 new starting CBs in January

• 201 Marty-Toon // Nov 29, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Steve lomas getting sent off more than ever these days,a red haired Scot might i add ;-)

• 202 toonLYF // Nov 29, 2012 at 10:27 PM

CisseIsALegend – See game against Sunderland this season. Watch Coloccini – and shut up. :)

The man offers a masterclass almost everytime he plays, but he’s overrated because of a few slip-ups. Wouldn’t usually respond quite so maliciously, but that was an idiotic thing to say.

• 203 Tsunki // Nov 29, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Peterborough has a nice shopping centre and cathedral. Plus the Nene Valley railway is handy. Flag Fen looks a hoot too.

Not a patch on Doncaster though, admittedly.

• 204 lesh // Nov 29, 2012 at 10:36 PM

“It’s always a good buzz when you come and you want to impress” says Mr Ranger – so now we understand his need to be the gangsta”

Ibiza @45, errrr, can’t get your link to open…….

• 205 Ian Toon // Nov 29, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Cisse- Your right. He’s had an indifferent season and along with Williamson was at fault for Stoke’s goals. In mitigation I offer injury, Saylor and Williamson. He has to play with one of either Plus Simpson in a back four. Only Santon has performed at an acceptable level. Plus the DM Tiote has had his own problems and injuries. I would suggest Fabricio has had a lot of gaps to plug. Taylor has also had an indifferent season with the feeling that he’s constantly playing within himself for fear of injury. Arguably we need 2 CB’s but we also need a full back to replace Simpson. The defence needs to be re-structured which I would suggest goes a long way towards explaining why you might think Coloccini is overrated.

• 206 lesh // Nov 29, 2012 at 10:39 PM

GeordieToon89 @190, gangstas never look happy. You wuz lucky not to have been filled full a lead!!

• 207 Tsunki // Nov 29, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Do I think our defence normally has more cohesion with or without Mr Coloccini?

Let me think about that for a while……..

• 208 Tsunki // Nov 29, 2012 at 10:46 PM

…. yeah the problem with Colo is he is international quality at best. Time t get shot of him.

• 209 Blaydon-Toon // Nov 29, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Been away from the blog for a while the negativity just depresses me! I know we are on a horrid run which nobody is happy about and having watched Wigan the other night even tho they lost will cause our static defence problems … Will be my first game this season so hope I’m wrong but a draw would at least stop the rot and a win would lift the doom and gloom !

• 210 Ian Toon // Nov 29, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Tsunki- 207 Bravo & 208 Bravo again.

• 211 solano // Nov 29, 2012 at 10:56 PM

JFA @189….so you may do something if we are relegated again? I will bloody well hold you to that if the unthinkable happens again! You are totally wrong when you say there is nothing we can do….nothing has even been attempted. No other club who has been so singularly unsuccessful has the leeway of such a big following who are so compliant, meek and lack the self respect to stand up and fight back. There’s not even an organised fans group or supporters club, which every other club has. No wonder the club is ripe to be exploited by ruthless owners! Maybe we get what we deserve?
    You mention the disbanding of the singing section as if that was the final stand…it was an indictment on the club that we ever had to have one in the first place!
    Too many people can see what is going on very clearly (I’m not just picking on you JFA) but don’t realise the economic power they posess if organised. Too many frightened of rocking a boat that has rotten planks and will sink anyway.
    FFS…judging by some comments last night, relegation was something to be savoured for the opportunity of visiting new grounds! What a disgrace, but they may have a point to make by saying it isn’t the end of the world. May I remind everyone who is frightened of tomorrow, that the team who murdered us on sunday were in administration in the old 3rd division two years ago. They spent an 11 figure sum on a forward this summer and get half our crowds. Shows how progress can follow ambition.
    If relegation happens for the second time in 4 years it has to spell the the end of Ashley, but only if the masses have the bottle to do something.

• 212 solano // Nov 29, 2012 at 10:58 PM

*ahem. 8 figure sum!

• 213 Ian Toon // Nov 29, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Blaydon-Toon—Hope your going to bring us good luck. I have a feeling the crowd will realise just how important it is to get a win and be really supportive on Monday. There is far to much negativity on here but many bloggers have agendas which are often hard to rationalise. You sound like a proper fan.

• 214 solano // Nov 29, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Ian ….I would hope success would be on all the bloggers agendas..but then again….?

• 215 Ian Toon // Nov 29, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Alter Ego- Goodnight comic book hero perchance to dream of winning again!!!

• 216 Munster Mag // Nov 29, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Solano, I have said before that the Geordies would need to see Ashley urinating on the gallowgate before they would react sufficiently. The Hull game demonstrated that. However at the moment we need unity from top to bottom in the club. If we get our tactics right and the performance allows the crowd into the game, we can beat Wigan ( God how we have fallen! ) . Either way I think the people who thought Dekka and Mash were top men for been hard negotiators are now realising that they were extremely shortsighted. We cant dig up Tiote’s every year and sometimes offering 3mill for a 7 – 8 mill player makes u look silly. Still, they wont take the mickey out of NUFC again eh ( year, and we’ll sit there, crapping ourselves about relegation ) . We need to find a creatine midfielder and a proper centre half, and if we need to pay full whack, or more then pay it. Its the second acid test – they failed the first.

• 217 Catchy In Straight Jacket // Nov 29, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Ian if you were a wasp I would catch you in a jam jar and fill it with water.

• 218 solano // Nov 29, 2012 at 11:20 PM

IanT..comic book hero? You can meet the real thing pre match on Monday and you can tell me all about your social problems ;-)

• 219 Jail for Ashley // Nov 29, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Solano,
    All those who seem to think we would have done a ‘Leeds’ forget that we weren’t in administration when Mashley bought us and were owned by a Geordie and one of the richest men in the country, wether he would have saw us bankrupt is theoretical , but yes I do think it will take a relegation to get rid of the fu€£er, it would have happened last time but the clever bstard pretended to put us up for sale, please advise,.

• 220 Ian Toon // Nov 29, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Catchy–A limited word, for a limited perspective.

• 221 solano // Nov 29, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Munster…2nd acid test? You lost some counters on the abacus? ;-)
    I recommend The Electric Kool Aid Acid Test – a damned good read…and you’ll see that BS and Co. really belong in ‘One flew over the Cuckoos Nest’

• 222 Jail for Ashley // Nov 29, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Catchy, I would provide the water and the jar.

• 223 Catchy In Straight Jacket // Nov 29, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Id probably shake you around for a while then boom in with the water.

• 224 solano // Nov 29, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Advice for JFA….don’t believe a word that Ashley says or that defeatist voice in your head that says you were made to suffer punishment. Or take up accountancy.

• 225 Blaydon-Toon // Nov 29, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Cheers Ian on the plus side I have never seen us defeated at SJP so fingers crossed ! Don’t blame me if we loose I’m going to have a cracking weekend hope the game is the icing on the cake – COYGB !

• 226 Jail for Ashley // Nov 29, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Solano, I don’t believe a word that he, Dastardly or Pards says, unfortunately he duped me with the signing of Cisse for a little while.

• 227 solano // Nov 29, 2012 at 11:36 PM

JFA…there is a possibility that he could dupe you again…you’re a glutton for chicanery! Beware!

• 228 beefman13 // Nov 29, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Blaydon, there seems to be quite a few lemon suckers on here wollowing in our bad run, the usual mozzies flying around irritating other bloggers.

The distant drums the distant fires readying for another assault at gallowgate, the sack the board mob waiting, with the saliva starting to drip from their grubby little buzzing mouths.

The ones who have had virtually every player/manager run out of toon for years.

Nobody is happy with the run we are having but the perverse reaction from that band of brothers/lemon suckers/mozzies. is getting quite vile.

Im am not enjoying our play at the moment for sure and if we can just turn that corner which may take a while, but i believe we will get there.

Have a strong second half to the season get players back invest in new which i believe we will also, then we can keep moving forward.

The mozzies are sucking the blood, they are gorged, its not MA sucking the life out of SJP its you lot and you know who you are!

• 229 Blaydon-Toon // Nov 29, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Well said Beefman it’s almost like they want us to do badly get beat and relegated just so they can say I told you so! All I want is for Newcastle United to do well and thought we as bloggers would be in the same boat … I wi support through thick and thin good times (few and far between) and the bad – Right now !

• 230 Munster Mag // Nov 29, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Jail, I’ve expalined Ashkeys buying policy to the masses here before. We only got Cisse cos he was discounted! If Cisse was mid contract and cost 10 mill and Hoffenheim werent strapped we wouldnt have got him. For some reason through I think we are going to spend a few quid in Jan – its just that it was needed before now. Lets hope all the overly positive pozzies have learned to stop sniggering at the sensible concerns of those who had issues with our ambition levels. I was accused of wanting to bankrupt the club because I wanted summer investment!! Jeez all I wanted was about 12 mill spent !

• 231 beefman13 // Nov 29, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Blaydon, its been said quite a few times the usual suspects would rather have MA fail at the toon then the toon be succesful, i really believe that, they jump on everything and flood the blog asap, they do remind me of mozzies infecting salavating and biting their way through the blog. just looking for more destruction they really want the turmoil they want to spread their malaria throughout the toon and infect.

• 232 Catchy In Straight Jacket // Nov 29, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Theres a right few wasps on here who could end up going for a swim in the catchy jam jar.

• 233 solano // Nov 29, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Beefman..a good attempt, but I preferred your more direct approach when you offered to slap everyone out in the carpark if they didn’t agree with you! How about a bit of verbal jousting instead?
    Mozzies analogy is interesting. Did you know only the female of the species bites and draws blood, and does it only once per person?
    On entymological comparisons, I think your lot are more like dung beetles, gorging on the bullshite from the large bovine beast above.

• 234 Catchy In Straight Jacket // Nov 29, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Beefman your a little bit paranoid sir.

• 235 solano // Nov 30, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Many of the sack Pardew ‘mozzies’ are actually the ‘Ashley’ apologists…irony?

• 236 Ian Toon // Nov 30, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Catchy and Catchy in a strait Jacket- two stupids don’t make a smart.
    Sometimes a paranoid is just a person in possession of all the facts.
    Solano- fans have to blame someone!!

• 237 Ian Toon // Nov 30, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Munster- you could well see £ 12 million spent in January.
    - urinating onto the Gallowgate! Hallowed ground!

• 238 beefman13 // Nov 30, 2012 at 12:09 AM

For god sake no one is happy at the moment, support you club, we may not like certain aspects i dont like the way AP continues with certain formations with his certain favorite players, its just getting used to vent the frustration again towards the owner with their i tiold you so attitude, do you`s want us relegated so you can say i told you so, i reckon quite a few would have a smile on their face if it happened.

There are plenty of good people who work at SJP plenty trying everything they can to get us out of this slump we are having, we are not the only ones having a bad run the mackems and liverpool arnt exactly tearing up trees and their owners are not exactly saints to boot if you look at there cv`s in close up.

• 239 Catchy In Straight Jacket // Nov 30, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Wasp

Beefman thinks any fan who doesn’t like Mr Ashley wants the team to fail.I think hes paranoid.I dnt like Ashley but I want the team to have success and lots of it.

• 240 YOY_Yorkshire // Nov 30, 2012 at 12:13 AM

To add a bit of humour to the proceedings ….

• 241 Ian Toon // Nov 30, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Catchy- Beefman is a proper fan whilst your just a dart throwing chimp and a schmuck.

• 242 APBWA // Nov 30, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Apparently Sofiane Fergouli is a player we are interested in. He would occupy a forward berth (hopefully) left in 4-3-3 however could play as a creative CM or as LM/RM in 4-4-2. I reckon he would cost £9m and Ballague has said he is good enough for Man Utd

• 243 solano // Nov 30, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Beefy…I for one, certainly wouldn’t celebrate another relegation but in the event, would expect the owner to admit defeat and with a quick kick up the arse, leave in his helicopter.
    In the meantime, I agree let’s get behind the team and hope things can turn around. But fan confidence in all this is a fragile thing…and there’s no way they should be blamed if things pan out for the worse.
    Mackems and Liverpool are completely irrelevant to our issues.

• 244 beefman13 // Nov 30, 2012 at 12:18 AM

catchy, i had to endure all the crap after mister keegan pissed off, which i was not to pleased about, i got verbally abused for quite a while, i always said it would be a blessing in disguise and we have had some very good seasons which cannot be denied , so if you feel im a bit paranoid it may be beacuse the lemon suckers are kicking of again and they need a bit of common sense knocked in to them.

You can only take somuch before you have to get back in the trenches! they have been insesent over the last few weeks and think its a free play scenario were they can just say what they want without fear of retribution, well they better get their bayonets and rifles ready cos i have had enough of their sniping lately!

• 245 Catchy In Straight Jacket // Nov 30, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Wasp
    Your going in my jam jar for a swim.

• 246 Catchy In Straight Jacket // Nov 30, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Just ignore them beefman.
    I do agree that certain ones only come on when were not playlng well though.

• 247 beefman13 // Nov 30, 2012 at 12:27 AM

my serious opinion is that there are definatly fans who would wollow in us getting dragged deep in to the relegation dogfight and if the worst came to the worst and the championship called again there would be quite a lot of satisfaction from quite a few fans, off course not all the fans who hate MA are that pitiful but there will be those ones who will have the chesire cat smirked across there face.

Just be very careful what you wish for, the SHEIKS are not always what they are cracked up to be.

• 248 Catchy In Straight Jacket // Nov 30, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Night all.
    And you too Ian ze pain.

• 249 beefman13 // Nov 30, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Mozzie fannys good night, munster you can come back on now! oh you as well jail!

• 250 AMEOBI // Nov 30, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Krul
    Perch – Streete – colo – santon
    Williamson – tiote – abeid – marveaux
    Ben arfa
    Cisse

Kets team lol

• 251 RonVanDam // Nov 30, 2012 at 12:53 AM

The team who has benefited in the last window is West Ham. They bought some of the players we were linked with and has worked for them

I believe from the 3 promoted teams – Reading will go back down

• 252 RonVanDam // Nov 30, 2012 at 3:11 AM

I have a theory why pardew keeps playing with the 4-4-2 formation. Since he has signed a 8 year contract worth millions, he maybe trying to be booted out so pocket cool 20m or whatever amount is stated in his contract and go on a holiday.

He will always get a job. His CV will look good since he took us 5th last season and was voted manager of the year. he could dispute his teams poor performance on injuries and lack of investment by the owner.

• 253 Indian Magpie // Nov 30, 2012 at 4:48 AM

well said Ron

• 254 Indian Magpie // Nov 30, 2012 at 4:53 AM

we will not sign stefan feghouli, not at 12 million anyways

we cant but tom ince at 6 million, how will be fork out 12 for him.

no chance

• 255 Ian Toon // Nov 30, 2012 at 7:27 AM

Jesper- Good morning hope your OK. I see Mancini is not planning to offer Lescott a new contract. He’s not great on the ball but is light years ahead of Williamson and attacks the ball. Let’s get him in on loan with a view to signing him. Plus Douglas and we only need another full back and the defence is sorted.

• 256 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Nov 30, 2012 at 7:54 AM

Morning Ian!

…everything is great here :-) how are you?

Lescott might be asking high wages, but a loan with Citeh paying most of his wages would probably be a great deal for us for the time being.

I am not so concerned about signings – we have a good team as it is, but there are always room for improment.

But this side took us 5th last season and I don’t see lack of signings being the reason we are where we are – that is still down to the expression ‘kill your darlings’ and certain players underperforming and those given the chance not grabbing it :-)

I actually believe as soon as the team perform and the tactics are right Cisse will be back to his own self!

• 257 Ian Toon // Nov 30, 2012 at 7:55 AM

When we played WBA was very impressed with Lukaku. He’s only 19
    on loan from Chelsea and he shows that the loan market makes sense for us as well. Despite DL’s nonsense purple comment. Remember he said that you don’t need two purples for each position. Well he’s been proven wrong by a long list of injuries and suspensions. It’s not a sign of weakness to recognise when you’ve made a mistake. Let’s use some imagination to freshen up the squad by astute signings and some quality loanees.

• 258 Jail for Ashley // Nov 30, 2012 at 7:59 AM

Jesper, Man United have consistently won the league over the last twenty years, they always improve in the summer, just because the team ran away with the league one year it doesn’t mean it will the next, not reinforcing the team breeds complacency in competition for places and shows a distinct lack of ambition.

• 259 Ian Toon // Nov 30, 2012 at 8:04 AM

Jesper- Your comment smacks of complacency. We need to carry out major surgery defensively. Agreed the players need to up their game and that the lack of creativity in midfield would be sorted once HBA and Cabaye return. We could be active in the market in January and not spend much next summer. We’re currently hard pressed not to have to play Williamson and Simpson. Both of whom make us vulnerable.

• 260 Ian Toon // Nov 30, 2012 at 8:15 AM

JFA- your right.
    Jesper – have a good one

• 261 Ian Toon // Nov 30, 2012 at 8:19 AM

Jesper- Forgive my manners. I am fine thanks . Your doing your little darlings line so your clearly well. Off for a caffeine fix.

• 262 jeff // Nov 30, 2012 at 8:21 AM

GLAD 2 C THIS MAN BACK IN B&W HE IS THE FUTURE OF THE CLUB

IMAGINE THIS TEAM:

TAV STREETE GOOD SANTON
    ABEID BIGIRIMANA
    SAMMY VUCKIC RANGER
    CAMPBELL

• 263 HullMag6 // Nov 30, 2012 at 9:37 AM

I’m with those who think the lack of reinforcements has led to the stagnation and complacency in our squad. AP needs to take the squad by the scruff of the neck and get what we have sorted and focussed or threaten them with being sold/replaced. Forget egos we only want graft and 3 points.

defence is priority, then pace (wingers/forwards) and someone who can put away set pieces. bread and butter in the days of big Al, sir Les and tino.

• 264 Preqwal // Nov 30, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Good comment about getting some loans in. Who was the last player we had on loan? Stephen Ireland?

previous post: Newcastle Situation Similar To When Keegan Rejoined Newcastle

next post: Newcastle Interested In £20M Algerian Forward?