The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

We Will Get Three Points Again Very Soon

11:09 am, Thursday, November 29th, 2012 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 12 Comments

Papiss Cisse’s 47th minute opening goal, his first in the Premier League this season, was not enough to get Newcastle anything out of the game last night as late goals from Jon Walters and substitute Cameron Jerome gave Stoke a rather lucky win, and handed Newcastle another devastating defeat – the fourth in a row in the league.

Cheick Tiote – win will come soon enough

Newcastle have won just one of our last nine league games, and that was the lucky win at home to West Brom when Papiss Cisse put the ball into the back of the net three minutes into injury time with his behind.

But Cheick Tiote says while the lads are disappointed they are determined to turn things around, as he had this to say on the Newcastle web-site:

“This was so difficult for the team to take.” “We played well and were the better team on the pitch. We tried to pass the ball well and scored the first goal, but after that we were unlucky because it was two sloppy goals that cost us the game.”

“Everyone is very disappointed, but we were much brighter than we have been recently and had more energy on the pitch.” “If you play well like we did, then you expect to win the game, so if we continue to play like this, we will get three points again very soon.”

It’s very important the players keep the faith, as well as the fans, as we try to turn this very bad situation around, but hope springs eternal and we can see ourselves out of this current difficultly – if the lads keep playing like they did last night.

Tags: Cheick Tiote · Newcastle News

12 responses so far ↓

• 1 Transfer Sage // Nov 29, 2012 at 11:14 AM

There is enough talent in the squad to turn this around, ben arfa returning soon will also be a boost, especially if the lads manage to get a win before his return.

Lets just hope they can get sorted and points on the board soon.

• 2 Indian Magpie // Nov 29, 2012 at 11:14 AM

There was once a village which was hit by a drought. every villager decided that we should get together and pray on the following sunday.

That sunday every villager came to pray, but only one man came with an umbrella.

Hope – :cry:

• 3 sirtoongospel // Nov 29, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Cheick gave away possession in horrible fashion for their equalizer. 2 individual mistakes and we lost the game in the blink of an eye.

Massve shame as we were by far the better side.

Replace Simpson and Williamson and we are on the way to having a good side. But we knew that a year ago.

• 4 mattyNUFC // Nov 29, 2012 at 11:16 AM

sirtoon – last thread

would my sentiments change with six points from the next two games?

i think it would depend on a lot of factors, but overall, yes, a bit.

the factors: are we playing to our team’s strengths? Are we utilizing substitutions at the right time AND with the right players? Are we deserving all three points in each respective match?

I love this team. the players, the club, I’ve just never latched on the AP. think he has well more than a little bit missing in the character department. He’s not admitting to the very real issues our form is so bad.

and, as far as the fans go, the pitch in essence is a theatre with over-paid actors. this is not life or death. this is entertainment. do i personally agree with booing? no. do fans have that right to do so if they are paying to see a show and frankly it’s been an awful show? of course. bar individual brilliance and fleeting moments of build-up play during AP’s reign, I can hardly say I’ve been entertained.

• 5 hotdog // Nov 29, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Slank – I guess that’s why people come ont his blog to air their views but yes some are very repetitive.

I could come on here and slate Williamson as i think he is disastrous and have been saying so for what seems like an eternity. At the end of the day i am sick of my eyes seeing it so certainley dont want to bore fans on here with it. Suffice to say before watching MOD last night i knew he would be involved one way or another with Stoke’s goals.

Man Utd have Vidic & Ferdinand sitting in the stands last night and still dont concede. That is what having qulaity players is all about and unfortunatley our First Choice Centre backs are not good enough for the conference IMO. Colo the exception but how many times has he been teared a new Ars**ole.

• 6 Marty-Toon // Nov 29, 2012 at 11:24 AM

We can get three 3 points if you stop gettin caught with the ball and giving poor pass backs Tiote

• 7 sirtoongospel // Nov 29, 2012 at 11:30 AM

matty that’s a fair comment. The price of following NUFC is high. 4 season ticket holders in this house and it costs thousands. We do it because we love it, but I have to say that I would love to see the best football imaginable. Even some slick passing football and finishing top half, would keep me happy every weekend. It’s difficult to stomach the brand of football we are watching just now, and what makes it worse is that Pardew has regularly referred to “the type of football our fans want to see”. Then he knocks out a team that does the opposite.

I will always support the team, and have never boo’d them. Never will. That’s my choice. Others choose differently, but at an average of £500 a season ticket, that’s their right.

My biggest problem though is with the owner. He is taking us for a ride at the minute, and if he doesnt back the manager in January, then I won’t be back next season.

The reason for this is that if my ticket costs the same as another club, but they are prepared to better the team on the playing field with the best players they can, then I feel a little bit cheated.

It might be a business to Ashley, which I understand to an extent, but to me and all of you, it’s a passion. And it means more than figures, bank balances. There are thousandsof fans who can barely afford to go to games, but they do anything they can to make it happen. If the same loyal supporters used “business sense” as their approach,and value for money, then there would be a crowd of 10,000. If that. Purely because what we get to watch is poor.

Everyone has their own ideas as to what should happen. Personally I don’t want Pards out, I think his job is very very difficult. I want someone to buy our club who wants to win everything. Someone with ambition and determination to see the team be the very best.

I know it won’t happen. But it’s my dream!

• 8 sirtoongospel // Nov 29, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Just read this. I couldn’t agree more, and have been saying it for a while. I took some stick for it but I have noticed for a while that Cisse passes to Ba, it is not reciprocated though.

Such a shame as they have the tools to be a great pairing. No way will Ba have Cisse outscore him though.

• 9 Marty-Toon // Nov 29, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Hotdog
    The difference is that Man U play their young defenders throughout a couple of years in the cup etc to give them some mins on the pitch and have them around the senior players to give confidence when they’re actually needed because of injury.
    We bring in Good and have Tavernier and yet it’ll be a couple of years before they’re utilized.

Willo in my opinion is just like Andy o’brien when he played.
    Always good for a mistake and think of it when o’brien played we were in Europe and had a good squad yet useless Cb.
    And that was a time when we spent money on players.
    We ended up spending money on the likes of Boumsong,Bramble and O’Brien- any wonder we never won anything?
    We haven’t been good at picking out good centre halves

• 10 boater // Nov 29, 2012 at 11:38 AM

So lack of summer strengthening is the new buzzword – along with Williamson and 4-4-2. All have question marks next to them but none of these are why we lost 4 on the trot.

• 11 Les Grossman // Nov 29, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Boater
    You kidding or what?
    We have lost 4 on the trot due to a lacking defence….

Even if we arent scoring or creating, we shouldnt be shipping goals that we are due to ‘defensive’ mistakes….

Williamson to blame for alot of the goals we have shipped over last 4 games IMO

He is not good enough, so back to your original point, If we had replaced him with 1 maybe 2 decent quality CB signings in summer, do you think we would have went through 4 games defeated…….sensible answer please …as I know hindsight is marvellous….but surely we would have had a better chance of better reults if we’d strengthened ????

• 12 woolerbill // Nov 29, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Tiote, please tell me how we can get three points from. We have lost to team below us and after wig an we pay teams well above us.

previous post: Let’s Keep Supporting Newcastle Through Thick And Thin