The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Injury Crisis Improving Slowly

10:42 am, Friday, November 30th, 2012 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 7 Comments

James Perch picked up his 5th yellow card in the first half at Stoke and therefore will miss the game at home to Wigan Athletic On Monday night, and the news on Newcastle’s other injury doubts is not great – but things are improving – slowly.

Alan Pardew – Shola and Gabby almost fit

31 year-old Nigerian International striker Shola Ameobi is recovering from his groin injury (we though it was a hamstring pill?), and Gabby Obertan is near to full fitness after some toe problem – which seems a little bizarre to us.

Xisco is back in training,  but we’d be surprised if Alan Pardew gives him a game in the Newcastle first team anytime soon – with Nile Ranger now the third striker – until Shola comes back.

However, Alan Pardew is not clear whether Shola or Gabby will be fit for Monday night:

“One or two are due back, but I don’t know if they’ll make the next game.” “It’s a bit tight.” “We can take plenty of heart into the game,” Pardew added.

“I feel sorry for the players. It’s the run of results which is the problem.” “We couldn’t have done much more to stop it, and we just fell short.” “The players were magnificent.”

“I couldn’t say that on Sunday, but I can now.” “We need a bit of luck. We need breaks.”

Hatem Ben Arfa is still out at least another week with the hamstring injury he picked up last week against Maritimo, and the games are coming thick and fast at the moment.

After Wigan we are at Bordeaux the following Thursday in the Europa League, and then on the following Monday night we are at Craven Cottage to play Fulham – where we were hammered 5-2 last season.

We should be able to do a lot better than that this time, and we’ll need to – to start picking up valuable points.

After Fulham we are at home to Manchester City – so we should be able to pick up an easy 3 points in that game ………

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Coaching · Gabriel Obertan · Hatem Ben Arfa · Newcastle News · Shola Ameobi

7 responses so far ↓

• 1 Transfer Sage // Nov 30, 2012 at 10:47 AM

It is our toughest run of the season coming up with games against fulhma (solid at home), man city, arsenal, QPR (new manager so might show more fight) and man utd.

It’s not going to be an easy run but we just have to hope points can be picked up along the way.

• 2 Ian Toon // Nov 30, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Munster – good morning , hello and greetings. How do I know. I know something about his condition and it’s usually something that is built up over a period of time. I recall the late Jimmy Magpie commenting on his fitness levels months ago. Again if you recall in the summer fans were questioning why he had not started training sooner. He and the physio’s in my humble opinion thought rest was the answer. I could have said it was just part of my investigative journalism. But hey don’t bullshit a bullshitter .!!!

• 3 aussietoonfan // Nov 30, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Glad to see that the negative bastards are back out in force. Wish I could say it was nice to see you guys again (everyone knows who you are even if YOU won’t admit it) as you were all strangely silent when we were chasing Champions League places last season. Thank God we are losing games nowadays otherwise you miserable pricks would have nothing to do.

Sack Pardew??? Screw you!!!
    Out with the Owner??? Get ****ed!!!
    Whinge and whine??? Shut the Hell Up!!!

Your negativity brings this fine page down, and it doesn’t help matters any.

Every club goes through a tough stretch every now and then. The difference is whether the “fans” stick behind the team or not.

I BELIEVE IN PARDEW!!!
    I BELIEVE IN MIKE!!!
    I BELIEVE WE WILL BE BACK!!!

HOWAY THE LADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 4 Transfer Sage // Nov 30, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Ian

the late Jimmy magpie? has he passed away?

• 5 Ian Toon // Nov 30, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Munster- with me once posters have established a track record I take what they say on face value. I am so gullible!!!!! Glad I am still on your reading list and I love your feisty posts. I questioned your urination post mind you on hallowed ground. My father told me pre
    all seater stadiums that many fans used to relieve themselves in the football pink or chronicle. After the game there was a sodden mass of
    Paper on the terraces. They don’t make fans like that today!! Back to the real world.

• 6 TheToonKing // Nov 30, 2012 at 11:14 AM

No way is Neymar’s better then Benny’s .

• 7 Sav // Nov 30, 2012 at 11:53 AM

At least Obertan is still injured. Thankful for small mercies.

previous post: Up And Coming Newcastle Midfielder – We Must Keep The Faith