The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Demba Ba Too Settled To Leave Newcastle

10:45 am, Thursday, December 6th, 2012 by Ed Harrison · 119 Comments

Former Newcastle left-back Olivier Bernard was a good player for Newcastle during Bobby Robson’s reign, but the Frenchman had to retire as a young player still in his late 20s because of injury, and he’s now doing some great work for Show Racism the Red Card, and is doing good work for race relations in general.

Olivier Bernard - while at Newcastle

The local papers are reporting today that Demba Ba is upset at news about him not wanting to sign a new deal at Newcastle, and to be fair to the 27 year-old he’s been a fantastic player for Newcastle since he arrived last year – and he seems a great guy too – and that’s some of the reasons we’d love for the player to stay on Tyneside.

This is what Bernard told the Evening Chronicle today about Ba:

“At no point would I be worried that Demba will leave the club.” “It’s not like him, unless Newcastle are selling him.” “If they get another £35M then I suppose they would sell him.”

“In terms of the man’s commitment there should not be any worries because he’s fully committed to the club.” “We can see that week in, week out. On the pitch he has been top-class. He’s shown commitment and to his team-mates.”

“There’s always a lot of speculation when it comes to Demba Ba.” “He’s the number 1 at Newcastle at the minute.” “I don’t think he will go anywhere in January. He’s too settled to leave Newcastle right now.”

“I don’t think it would be until the end of the season – if it happens at all.” “I firmly believe he is well settled and wouldn’t risk leaving this winter.” “I hope he stays because he is vital for the team.” “There have been a few injuries and he is the one holding things together.”

We’d love for Demba to end all the speculation about his future and possibly leaving Newcastle in January – and sign a new deal.

And when that comes (if it comes) it will be great day for Newcastle United – there’s no doubt about that.

Comments very welcome.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Contracts · Demba Ba · Financials · Newcastle News

119 responses so far ↓

• 1 obatoyou // Dec 6, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Hi guys!! We’re gona win tonight! Be just our lick to win a meaningless game!!

• 2 Ginger // Dec 6, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Transfer Sage

I hope we do, but knowing Pardew I think he’ll use the excuse to instead bring Marveaux off of the bench and start Jonas. It’s a real shame reallly as he used to be a quality player, but he’s no winger any more. Fair enough he’s a canny lad and dedicated to the team, plus he runs a mile for us! But literally, we could have any fit geordie to do that, I for one know I could do it. As aside from the running, as you said he does nothing.

• 3 Nufc-83 // Dec 6, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Re Ranger- I think he has massive potential in the championship season he was dominating experienced CBs. He has pace power strength and reminds me of lakaku. I was a little disappointed with him in front of goal as he seemed to lack confidence but for me that will come as he becomes more experienced and starts to find the back of the net. (think he had decent goalscoring return for the reserves). Anyway hopefully he will buckle down and become a useful asset this season.

• 4 Transfer Sage // Dec 6, 2012 at 11:11 AM

just hearing a rumour everyone

It’s been reported that fernando llorente’s contract is up in the summer. Newcastle will test Bilbao’s resistence with a bid in january although the coach is keen to keep him they have argued recently…llorente made to train with the youth set up for a short time.

If not available in jan we will look for a free transfer in the summer.

Personally I dont have high hopes for this as I imagine bigger clubs will be after who offer champs league and pay more money but you never know.

• 5 giimps // Dec 6, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Not that meaningless, being 1st in the group allows you to play your home game second and miss the Champions league failures.
    Im hoping Demba will stay, he has never said anything untoward about the toon and he is a very good forward who wears his shirt with pride.
    We need to keep players like Demba and I will be surprised if he leaves this winter ( i have been surprised in football before though )
    If Cashley pays him a decent wage (for a top EL striker) the clause goes, and Cashley can put whatever price he dreams up if someone comes knocking, this will more than offset the higher wages he gets IMHO.
    I would be more than happy to see him stay and be the player he is now though, maybe even better with better service.
    HWTL

• 6 Blaydon-Toon // Dec 6, 2012 at 11:14 AM

TS would loves us to get that lad but there is two hopes and non end up with him wearing the famous black and white stripes … Great player but a bigger team will end up with him. Great target man and very good technically !

• 7 Conaldo (The Wizard...Also Bestest Friends With Paul Scharner) // Dec 6, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Giimps – I think if you finish first you still get the CL dropouts, just the lower rated ones.

Ed – can we please have the old version of the mobile site back please.

• 8 obatoyou // Dec 6, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Llorente is the man bro, problem is, Newcastle is too cold- :s
    Take what we can get really.
    Of course we r gonna get pummelled anyway gimp
    Just tryin to find a way to b positive!
    Our third string side is going to lose unfortunately.
    Might make a bet if I can find a bookie. I recommend u do the same!

• 9 Paul Scharner // Dec 6, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Hello, is it me you’re looking for?

• 10 blew // Dec 6, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Ginger — Jonas has not made the trip, he is being rested for Monday night. Sad really, that means he will be playing against Fulham, I agree with your opinion Jonas is finished, he is a very old 29 years. I am embarrassed watching him, but he does not select himself, Pardew does that. Marveaux should replace him, he can run, beat a man and cross a ball – 3 things Jonas cant do.

• 11 Nufc-83 // Dec 6, 2012 at 11:31 AM

blew a little harsh on jonas but generally agree lol. Who remembers his prem debut against man united and he was immense.

• 12 Transfer Sage // Dec 6, 2012 at 11:36 AM

I find jonas strange.

Usually as a winger gets older they lose their pace and can’t beat people.

He has somehow lost his crossing ability…thats the one thing that never seems to leave players. giggs and scholes have lost pace and intensity, maybe power too but they still can spray the ball around for fun.

Not sure how jonas has lost this.

• 13 Ginger // Dec 6, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Blew – Yeah I know he didn’t make the trip, although I honestly wouldn’t say he’s done yet. Pardew needs to experiment with him a bit more, I think he’d be a decent left back or defensive midfielder.

Actually now that I think about it, Santon prefers left back and we’ll sign a RB soon enough. I don’t see Gutti replacing Anita or Tiote in defensive mid, I have no idea what will happen too him.

One thing for sure he CANNOT keep playing as a winger, he’s just not one.

• 14 obatoyou // Dec 6, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Never had anything against the normal site. Mobile site had most recent comments at the top, which means often miss out on most of the thread due to laziness!

• 15 Ginger // Dec 6, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Transfer Sage – I don’t think he’s ever had crossing ability. I mean, off of the top of my head I can’t even name a time he did a good cross. He was good at dribbling past players, getting us free kicks and playing it simple.

• 16 Conaldo (The Wizard...Also Bestest Friends With Paul Scharner) // Dec 6, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Someone’s stealing my real identity. Help. Blog police. Help.

• 17 Transfer Sage // Dec 6, 2012 at 11:44 AM

ginger

That’s what I was unsure about. I couldn’t remember him being good or bad which probably means he didn’t really do a lot.

He’s a bit like torres…still has the odd moment but with no pace thats 70% of his game gone.

Hopefully he can be a useful squad player in DM to cover tiote/anita for the next season or so but no longer that.

I thought we looked great with tiote sitting with anita and marvoux playing in the middle.

It was like busquets with xavi and iniest haha…well not quite but in that mould.

• 18 rainrix // Dec 6, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Conaldo Blog police here, rural division what seems to be the problem?

• 19 BelfastMagpie // Dec 6, 2012 at 11:49 AM

What to hell has happened to the blog mobile site??
    It doesn’t even let you log in ??

• 20 spitfire_ // Dec 6, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Conaldo

Good moaning… what is the problem.

• 21 Conaldo (The Wizard...Also Bestest Friends With Paul Scharner) // Dec 6, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Oh thank god officer I’m glad you’re here. Someone is stealing my identity (or one of them anyway) and thanks to ed deciding to stick the old mobile site back on I can’t see who it is. Am I allowed to hunt them down ad kill them or is that a bit extreme.

• 22 rainrix // Dec 6, 2012 at 11:52 AM

oh dear god you’re all right, the mobile sites gone back to the horrible one where you cant comment or even see the comments if the articles too big, Ed change it back if you can mate ta.

• 23 Conaldo (The Wizard...Also Bestest Friends With Paul Scharner) // Dec 6, 2012 at 11:54 AM

This version of the mobile site is pretty awful like. If someone emails ed he’ll probably change it back.

• 24 tequilamag // Dec 6, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Conaldo I am gradually stealing everyones identity. Rainrix you will never take me alive copper.

• 25 rainrix // Dec 6, 2012 at 11:57 AM

No that seems ok revenge killings are fine by me! :) Although without the normal mobile site i cant tell if you are telling the truth or are simply suffering from multiple personality disorder.

If you are telling the truth i bet 90 rupees its ibiza :)

• 26 BelfastMagpie // Dec 6, 2012 at 11:58 AM

I was logged into it last nyt, but it took about half an hour to scroll down to the bottom of the comments.

Wizard click your fingers & change it back.

• 27 richyg01 // Dec 6, 2012 at 11:58 AM

So coz Demba puts in a shift every match he definitely wants to stay?

Maybe putting himself in the shop window ready for a fat pay day is more to the point!

• 28 Conaldo (The Wizard...Also Bestest Friends With Paul Scharner) // Dec 6, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Rainrix – it’s not me. But I’ve just thought, maybe it’s not someone stealing my identity and its the actual Paul Scharner and he must have gotten all my letters!!!! I wrote them in my bestest crayons.

• 29 rainrix // Dec 6, 2012 at 11:59 AM

tequila… Thats fine blog police don’t operate under normal police rules, executions are fair game! :)

• 30 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 6, 2012 at 12:01 PM

What’s all this then?

Tequila….We’re already on to you, watch your back.

Mobile Site….Am I right in thinking you pretty much all complained about the new one? No w you have the old one back you want the new one again? Honestly guys :)

• 31 Conaldo (The Wizard...Also Bestest Friends With Paul Scharner) // Dec 6, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Hmm. How to test if its Ibiza –

Paul Scharner – do you find yourself unable to make decisions?
    Have you been exiled Britain?
    Do you have a particular fondness towards fences?

• 32 rainrix // Dec 6, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Ok wizard im confused now are you the real wizard or the fake, or is this you just mass trolling???? Argh i need the old mobile site dammit! :)

• 33 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 6, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Rainrix….How could you? Blaming a fellow officer! The cheek.

• 34 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 6, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Wizard… Ed Harrison

• 35 BelfastMagpie // Dec 6, 2012 at 12:03 PM

I DEMAND the old site back.

And yes im making DEMANDS!! ;)

• 36 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 6, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Wizard…admin@nufcblog.com

…forgot the mail sorry ;)

• 37 rainrix // Dec 6, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Howay ibiza you know as well as i do the blog police is the most corrupt institution it could easily be you ;)

• 38 Transfer Sage // Dec 6, 2012 at 12:05 PM

did you like my rumour today ibiza?

actual truths in it an everything

• 39 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 6, 2012 at 12:06 PM

rainrix….We know that, but no one else did. What are you thinking of mate? United we stand…well at least I thought. What a sad sad day.

• 40 BelfastMagpie // Dec 6, 2012 at 12:07 PM

The dissaperance of the mobile site has all the hallmarks of a blog police conspiracy….

• 41 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 6, 2012 at 12:08 PM

TS…. :) I’d like it if it came true. Not allowing myself to even contemplate transfers yet, even the manager has said they don’t know what moves they’ll be making yet so I’m saving myself from the pain….Rainrix has supplied enough of that for one day, plus we have a game tonight – I need peace ;)

• 42 Blaydon-Toon // Dec 6, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Morning lads and lasses ! Ibiza got my first game of the season in for our victory against Wigan I am officially our lucky mascot !

• 43 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 6, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Belfast….And you can just shut it. One question though, before you shut it. What are the conditions of your demand? Will you leave the blog? If so, I’m starting a petition to keep the old mobile site in place.

• 44 rainrix // Dec 6, 2012 at 12:10 PM

ibiza… Don’t guilt trip me boy everyone knew we was corrupt anyway, i just like to have moral integrity every once in a while and thus I’ve dedicated my time to solving the wizard mystery.

Belfast… this talk of conspiracy keep it under your hat, unless you wanna go the way of al capone ;)

• 45 tequilamag // Dec 6, 2012 at 12:11 PM

The blog police are either inefficient or corrupt. How else do you explain Kets ? He has committed numerous crimes against Willo.

• 46 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 6, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Blaydon…..You best be in Bordeaux then mate or you will be committing the biggest crime of all.

With lucky mascot status comes great responsibility.

• 47 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 6, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Tequila….He’s a rogue agent. A law to himself.

Rainrix….This wont go down well at your next review. Also, you know where you can poke your moral integrity. Actually, it’s quite amusing that you think you have some.

• 48 Blaydon-Toon // Dec 6, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Ibiza I made a deal with someone on here yesterday that you all club together and buy me a half season ticket as I have never seen us loose at SJP Newcastle will be guaranteed top 10 finish so everyone is a winner what do you reckon ?

• 49 Blaydon-Toon // Dec 6, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Tequila was it you I made the deal with ?

• 50 BelfastMagpie // Dec 6, 2012 at 12:16 PM

If it doesn’t come back Ibiza, im having a silent protest.

• 51 rainrix // Dec 6, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Ibiza… Review me? This is a partnership not a dictatorship mate decisions go through the right channels!

Ok fine i’ll start grovelling. How about i take you out for a nice steak? Oh and if we get anything less than a draw tonight i’ll change my name to whatever you desire till the next time we win? I think thats fair :)

• 52 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 6, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Blaydon….I like the idea, but perhaps you should put a presentation together for Ashely. Surely he’d be on board to pay for your season ticket knowing that we will definitely win.

Ha.

• 53 Blaydon-Toon // Dec 6, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Ps guys I emailed Ed my video of Demba Ba penalty and my joyous celebrations said he might put it up on a thread coming soon … If he does no mickey taking out of my hat :-)

• 54 tequilamag // Dec 6, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Blaydon yeah but i forgot to tell you the terms and conditions. Failure to bring 3 points negates lucky mascot status and you forfeit your house and first born child. Harsh but fair.

• 55 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 6, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Rainrix…Can’t believe you actually believed we were partners. Bless.

Steak dinner and a possible name change seems reasonable. Consider the review postponed my good man. Now, what was that about corruption? :)

Belfast….You? Silent? No, but seriously, what will you do?

• 56 Blaydon-Toon // Dec 6, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Tequila sounds fair enough to me have just told my son he may be out on his ear soon … He is only 2 and a half but seemed to take it quite well :-)

• 57 Spitfire // Dec 6, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Spitfire_
    Have you stolen my identity?

• 58 tequilamag // Dec 6, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Blaydon such stoicism from your son will serve him well as a Newcastle supporter.

• 59 Black and White with an army lol // Dec 6, 2012 at 12:25 PM

this makes me laugh about ba and fernando cmon guys get realistic, ba hasnt mention anything about leaving newcastle because the big boys upstairs probably told him not to because us as fans would be on ba’s back and the london mafia and did any1 realize that fernando Llorente wages are over 85k a week so what makes you think that cashley will pay over 85k to bring him to the toon.

Ba will leave and fernando will laugh at us.

• 60 rainrix // Dec 6, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Ibiza…. Corruption What corruption? *Whistles*

• 61 Blaydon-Toon // Dec 6, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Well he is not an official fan as mum is Irish and they all support Liverpool as so half my family as me dad is Geordie but step mum is from Scouseville my siblings all support Livetpool just me and dad with the true black and white veins !

• 62 tequilamag // Dec 6, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Ibiza Rainrix, now we know where the AC £35 mill went

• 63 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 6, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Rainrix…I have no idea what you’re talking about.

Right people, been a good little warm up for this evening. Catch you all later and remember that it’s blaydons fault if we lose.

Ta ta

• 64 tequilamag // Dec 6, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Blaydon, poor little fella. You must protect him from the dark side.

• 65 croftus5678 // Dec 6, 2012 at 12:32 PM

guti is a strange one but tbf he was never the best crosser or shooter in the world and he prob has 90% of the pace he 1st joined us with but he never even try’s to take people on now which is his – in my eyes but has learnt to tackle and go down imo he should be used in tough games when we are winning to try kill them off as playing from the start in games seems a little too cautious to me.
    and on ba in honesty if he stays he my number 9 even if he doesnt wear it bacause a lot of teams will easily double his wage

• 66 rainrix // Dec 6, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Tequila… Ever heard of the story of ray gricar? He was “investigating” some “corruption” and rather inexplicably disappeared off the face of the earth. It’d be a shame if you suddenly “disappeared” as well ;) ….

….Ahem sorry what were we talking about tequila? Ah yeah rangers starting tonight is AP desperate or what! :)

• 67 tequilamag // Dec 6, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Rainrix, sorry have to go there are 2 mysterious figures knocking on my door. I wonder what they want.

• 68 rainrix // Dec 6, 2012 at 12:39 PM

tequila… Im sure they just want to “ask you some questions” ;) Speaking of witch lunchtime is upon me see you soon!

• 69 Blaydon-Toon // Dec 6, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Dark side indeed my sister bought him a Liverpool kit for his first birthday but has got the Toon colours now let’s hope he keeps on the straight and narrow or I will lick him out anyway ;-)

• 70 rainrix // Dec 6, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Lick him out? I assume that was a catastrophic misspelling blaydon :)
    Alright now I’m definitely going ta-ra

• 71 tequilamag // Dec 6, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Blaydon one of nephews has been turned into a little mackem. He gets nowt for Xmas this year,

• 72 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 6, 2012 at 12:56 PM

So to sum up today:

Wizard has jinxed the mobile version of the blog and if we loose tonight Blaydon is to blame? (maybe even Ibiza)

• 73 Ginger // Dec 6, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Transfer Sage – hahaha! The only problem is would he be happy to be cover? And will Pardew ever play him as cover or a constant first teamer?

• 74 tequilamag // Dec 6, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Jesper the usual scapegoats will not be playing. Someone has to take the blame

• 75 Toon Tang // Dec 6, 2012 at 1:04 PM

logged in especially to laugh at blaydons post hahahahahahahah reet got it off me chest now

• 76 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 6, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Tequila…I agree! someone needs to take the blame ;-) lol

• 77 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 6, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Tequila…it might as well be Ibiza ;)

• 78 Blaydon-Toon // Dec 6, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Jesper I have to correct you … I’m only lucky mascot when attending games and unfortunately I’m not there tonight so you can all put your blaydon vodo dolls away for now :-)

• 79 AMEOBI // Dec 6, 2012 at 1:13 PM

I’m on mobile I can sign in and comment..

• 80 Ketsbaia9 // Dec 6, 2012 at 1:14 PM

We could do with Olivier Bernard now. Great wing back. Move Santon to the right. It’d definitely strengthen the side.The combination of Bernard and Robert was phenomenal.

• 81 Blaydon-Toon // Dec 6, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Tequila that sucks a mackem is only slightly worse than a jumped up living in the past deluded Liverpool fan !

• 82 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 6, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Blaydon…Ibiza will be the fall guy lol

• 83 Blaydon-Toon // Dec 6, 2012 at 1:23 PM

He always is sitting on that fence means he can go either way … No sexual innuendo intended :-)

• 84 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 6, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Jesper….Don’t think you’re not being monitored. Consider this your written warning.

Yours,

The Blog Police.

Blaydon…Firstly, amazing typo. Secondly, sorry, but as self appointed lucky mascot it is all your fault from this day on.

• 85 Tsunki // Dec 6, 2012 at 1:26 PM

I just use the desktop site on my phone anyway.

It seems the blog police are on strike – case in point Ketsy is prowling the blog.

Lasting memeory of Bernard is him being smashed in bits around the half way line by Damish Doorman Thomas ‘The Brute’ Gravesen after which we conceded the losing goal against everton. For me ollie was never the same after that. Didn’t Stevie G do a 2-footed shin splinterer on him around that time as well?

• 86 Tsunki // Dec 6, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Gravesen could have been Danish…

• 87 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 6, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Tsunki…Damish is to be Dame like? Could be fitting for some pro footballers.

• 88 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 6, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Ibizs…damnit! I thought you had left ;) lol

…what is this – ‘big brother is watching you or something’?

• 89 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 6, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Tsunki…unusual for someone with the nickname ‘the brute’ to be damish don’t you think ;)

• 90 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 6, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Jesper…I’m never too far away. Plus the alarm that someone had used my name negatively rang, so naturally I popped on to do my policing work. Extremely disappointed to see it was you. Tut tut ;)

• 91 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 6, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Ibiza…;D lol

• 92 chuck // Dec 6, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Vote of thanks to both Ed. and Ollie, for reassuring us Ba will be staying for the reason he’s too settled to leave.
    I’ve heard some lines in my time, but this takes the cake.
    Get real Ed. !

• 93 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 6, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Chuck….Where has Ed said Ba is too settled to leave? The headline is based on Bernards quotes, no?

• 94 tenpointnine // Dec 6, 2012 at 1:53 PM

So much for my source regarding Remy Streete being in the squad for tonight. Let’s hope he is in soon.
    I really hope Cambell gets some playing time.

• 95 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 6, 2012 at 2:11 PM

tenpointnine…..I think he’s there for moral, believe he was injured until the new year….but not 100% sure.

• 96 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 6, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Chuck
    Once again do you care to add something to discussion or are you chris g and spotlight kid purely on to criticise Eds writing style?
    Because you dont really comment on much else

• 97 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 6, 2012 at 2:22 PM

tads….How could anyone entertain the idea of starting a discussion at the bottom of such poorly constructed articles?

You do wonder why they bother to even read the if they feel as they say, some very odd behaviour imo and that’s coming from me!

• 98 rainrix // Dec 6, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Speaking of bernard anyone remember this :)?

To be fair robert could KO most people with that left foot ;)

• 99 Indian Magpie // Dec 6, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Hello Children

• 100 Blaydon-Toon // Dec 6, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Well I guess my typo has caused some amusement so have in some way cheered up the blog ! Where are all the neggers today anyway ?

• 101 lesh // Dec 6, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Wonder who’s looking after Demba’s PR?

Max Clifford?

• 102 Indian Magpie // Dec 6, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Guys,

have any 1 of you heard of this guy, HACHIM MASTOUR

He is 15 at AC MILAN and they have asked FIFA for him to train with the first team.

Class

• 103 Indian Magpie // Dec 6, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Where is the blog police.

Someone killed the blog and the killer is on the loose

• 104 Big Pappa Cissé // Dec 6, 2012 at 2:50 PM

@ rainrix

Didn’t you know Robert had to declare his left foot as a lethal weapon :)

• 105 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 6, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Ibiza
    Really makes you wonder why they bother taking the time to come on to a nufc blog not to talk about nufc but only to sl@g off the bloke whi runs it ffs!

• 106 chris_g // Dec 6, 2012 at 2:54 PM

toonarmydownsouth and Ibiza
    In fairness to chuck, I don’t think he was criticising Ed’s writing style or the manner in which he constructed this article

I think the point he was making is that it’s a bit naive to assume that Ba will turn down an opportunity to double his wages somewhere else just because he feels quite settled in Newcastle.

• 107 rainrix // Dec 6, 2012 at 2:59 PM

BPC… wouldn’t surprise me mate, i imagine bernard still wakes up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat thinking of that hit :)

• 108 Paul Scharner // Dec 6, 2012 at 3:06 PM

All those in favour of me pushing for a move to the Toon, say aye.

• 109 Indian Magpie // Dec 6, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Aye Aye Aye AyeAye AyeAye AyeAye AyeAye AyeAye AyeAye AyeAye Aye

• 110 Tsunki // Dec 6, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Chris g – I think the mention of ‘and Ed’ and ‘get real Ed’ removes your tbf thing. Ed reports what people say as a means of fomenting discussion. Don’t shoot the messenger.

• 111 Tsunki // Dec 6, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Plus I think its inflammatory to suggest that Ed steals cakes. I think he sticks to other peoples articles ha ha sorry I didn’t mean it Ed. Don’t ban me. I’ll give you a cake…

• 112 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 6, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Chris g
    What about his pop at eds articles yesterday?
    Or yours every other day?
    Why do you bother not having a pop just intrested

• 113 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 6, 2012 at 3:46 PM

In reality this game doesn’t count for too much, inasmuch as we are already qualified so it’s just about getting a closer look at some of our fringe players. Will be interesting to see Ranger back in the starting line up, see how his attitude in competitive football stacks up and whether, in the long run, he can put himself in the reckoning.

If the guy puts in a blinder and bags a goal, or even just a decent performance, then that would be a huge bonus.

Either way, I am not too bothered. Want to see a committed display from our young guns, won’t be too upset if they lose but it is great that these guys are getting plenty of minutes under their belt because we will need every last one of them in the league, and that may even include Ranger!

• 114 HullMag6 // Dec 6, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Hope Ba does stay, says yes to a decent contract if MA can produce one without purples llambias making a hash of it and we sign a few more purples especially for defence and another striker as the squad isn’t strong enough.

• 115 roadfighter // Dec 6, 2012 at 4:15 PM

@ Transfer Sage – Llorente would be awesome for the Toon. But he’s probably far beyond the meanos of what NUFC will pay, either a transfer fee or wages…

In terms of the game, a win will do nice… :)

• 116 BelfastMagpie // Dec 6, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Ed change the mobile site back, it’s a nightmare.

• 117 Dannyo // Dec 6, 2012 at 4:25 PM

@tads
    It looks like i was mistaken on Campbell.
    He’s actually already fit according the comments from AP in Shields Gazette, which i’m sure u’ve already read.
    So happy i was wrong :)
    Hope he gets some time on the pitch.

• 118 HullMag6 // Dec 6, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Hope the lads win the group for us tonight.

• 119 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 6, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Dannyo
    Be good to see him get some game time be great if the ginger ninja could get his first senior goal

previous post: Bordeaux vs Newcastle – Match Preview