Demba Ba Too Settled To Leave Newcastle

Former Newcastle left-back Olivier Bernard was a good player for Newcastle during Bobby Robson’s reign, but the Frenchman had to retire as a young player still in his late 20s because of injury, and he’s now doing some great work for Show Racism the Red Card, and is doing good work for race relations in general.

Olivier Bernard – while at Newcastle

The local papers are reporting today that Demba Ba is upset at news about him not wanting to sign a new deal at Newcastle, and to be fair to the 27 year-old he’s been a fantastic player for Newcastle since he arrived last year – and he seems a great guy too – and that’s some of the reasons we’d love for the player to stay on Tyneside.

This is what Bernard told the Evening Chronicle today about Ba:

“At no point would I be worried that Demba will leave the club.” “It’s not like him, unless Newcastle are selling him.” “If they get another £35M then I suppose they would sell him.”

“In terms of the man’s commitment there should not be any worries because he’s fully committed to the club.” “We can see that week in, week out. On the pitch he has been top-class. He’s shown commitment and to his team-mates.”

“There’s always a lot of speculation when it comes to Demba Ba.” “He’s the number 1 at Newcastle at the minute.” “I don’t think he will go anywhere in January. He’s too settled to leave Newcastle right now.”

“I don’t think it would be until the end of the season – if it happens at all.” “I firmly believe he is well settled and wouldn’t risk leaving this winter.” “I hope he stays because he is vital for the team.” “There have been a few injuries and he is the one holding things together.”

We’d love for Demba to end all the speculation about his future and possibly leaving Newcastle in January – and sign a new deal.

And when that comes (if it comes) it will be great day for Newcastle United – there’s no doubt about that.

Comments very welcome.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• obatoyou

Dec 6, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Hi guys!! We’re gona win tonight! Be just our lick to win a meaningless game!!

• Ginger

Dec 6, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Transfer Sage

I hope we do, but knowing Pardew I think he’ll use the excuse to instead bring Marveaux off of the bench and start Jonas. It’s a real shame reallly as he used to be a quality player, but he’s no winger any more. Fair enough he’s a canny lad and dedicated to the team, plus he runs a mile for us! But literally, we could have any fit geordie to do that, I for one know I could do it. As aside from the running, as you said he does nothing.

• Nufc-83

Dec 6, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Re Ranger- I think he has massive potential in the championship season he was dominating experienced CBs. He has pace power strength and reminds me of lakaku. I was a little disappointed with him in front of goal as he seemed to lack confidence but for me that will come as he becomes more experienced and starts to find the back of the net. (think he had decent goalscoring return for the reserves). Anyway hopefully he will buckle down and become a useful asset this season.

• Transfer Sage

Dec 6, 2012 at 11:11 AM

just hearing a rumour everyone

It’s been reported that fernando llorente’s contract is up in the summer. Newcastle will test Bilbao’s resistence with a bid in january although the coach is keen to keep him they have argued recently…llorente made to train with the youth set up for a short time.

If not available in jan we will look for a free transfer in the summer.

Personally I dont have high hopes for this as I imagine bigger clubs will be after who offer champs league and pay more money but you never know.

• giimps

Dec 6, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Not that meaningless, being 1st in the group allows you to play your home game second and miss the Champions league failures.
    Im hoping Demba will stay, he has never said anything untoward about the toon and he is a very good forward who wears his shirt with pride.
    We need to keep players like Demba and I will be surprised if he leaves this winter ( i have been surprised in football before though )
    If Cashley pays him a decent wage (for a top EL striker) the clause goes, and Cashley can put whatever price he dreams up if someone comes knocking, this will more than offset the higher wages he gets IMHO.
    I would be more than happy to see him stay and be the player he is now though, maybe even better with better service.
    HWTL

• Blaydon-Toon

Dec 6, 2012 at 11:14 AM

TS would loves us to get that lad but there is two hopes and non end up with him wearing the famous black and white stripes … Great player but a bigger team will end up with him. Great target man and very good technically !

• Conaldo (The Wizard...Also Bestest Friends With Paul Scharner)

Dec 6, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Giimps – I think if you finish first you still get the CL dropouts, just the lower rated ones.

Ed – can we please have the old version of the mobile site back please.

• obatoyou

Dec 6, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Llorente is the man bro, problem is, Newcastle is too cold- :s
    Take what we can get really.
    Of course we r gonna get pummelled anyway gimp
    Just tryin to find a way to b positive!
    Our third string side is going to lose unfortunately.
    Might make a bet if I can find a bookie. I recommend u do the same!

• Paul Scharner

Dec 6, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Hello, is it me you’re looking for?

• blew

Dec 6, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Ginger — Jonas has not made the trip, he is being rested for Monday night. Sad really, that means he will be playing against Fulham, I agree with your opinion Jonas is finished, he is a very old 29 years. I am embarrassed watching him, but he does not select himself, Pardew does that. Marveaux should replace him, he can run, beat a man and cross a ball – 3 things Jonas cant do.

• Nufc-83

Dec 6, 2012 at 11:31 AM

blew a little harsh on jonas but generally agree lol. Who remembers his prem debut against man united and he was immense.

• Transfer Sage

Dec 6, 2012 at 11:36 AM

I find jonas strange.

Usually as a winger gets older they lose their pace and can’t beat people.

He has somehow lost his crossing ability…thats the one thing that never seems to leave players. giggs and scholes have lost pace and intensity, maybe power too but they still can spray the ball around for fun.

Not sure how jonas has lost this.

• Ginger

Dec 6, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Blew – Yeah I know he didn’t make the trip, although I honestly wouldn’t say he’s done yet. Pardew needs to experiment with him a bit more, I think he’d be a decent left back or defensive midfielder.

Actually now that I think about it, Santon prefers left back and we’ll sign a RB soon enough. I don’t see Gutti replacing Anita or Tiote in defensive mid, I have no idea what will happen too him.

One thing for sure he CANNOT keep playing as a winger, he’s just not one.

• obatoyou

Dec 6, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Never had anything against the normal site. Mobile site had most recent comments at the top, which means often miss out on most of the thread due to laziness!

• Ginger

Dec 6, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Transfer Sage – I don’t think he’s ever had crossing ability. I mean, off of the top of my head I can’t even name a time he did a good cross. He was good at dribbling past players, getting us free kicks and playing it simple.

• Conaldo (The Wizard...Also Bestest Friends With Paul Scharner)

Dec 6, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Someone’s stealing my real identity. Help. Blog police. Help.

• Transfer Sage

Dec 6, 2012 at 11:44 AM

ginger

That’s what I was unsure about. I couldn’t remember him being good or bad which probably means he didn’t really do a lot.

He’s a bit like torres…still has the odd moment but with no pace thats 70% of his game gone.

Hopefully he can be a useful squad player in DM to cover tiote/anita for the next season or so but no longer that.

I thought we looked great with tiote sitting with anita and marvoux playing in the middle.

It was like busquets with xavi and iniest haha…well not quite but in that mould.

• rainrix

Dec 6, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Conaldo Blog police here, rural division what seems to be the problem?

• BelfastMagpie

Dec 6, 2012 at 11:49 AM

What to hell has happened to the blog mobile site??
    It doesn’t even let you log in ??

• spitfire_

Dec 6, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Conaldo

Good moaning… what is the problem.

• Conaldo (The Wizard...Also Bestest Friends With Paul Scharner)

Dec 6, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Oh thank god officer I’m glad you’re here. Someone is stealing my identity (or one of them anyway) and thanks to ed deciding to stick the old mobile site back on I can’t see who it is. Am I allowed to hunt them down ad kill them or is that a bit extreme.

• rainrix

Dec 6, 2012 at 11:52 AM

oh dear god you’re all right, the mobile sites gone back to the horrible one where you cant comment or even see the comments if the articles too big, Ed change it back if you can mate ta.

• Conaldo (The Wizard...Also Bestest Friends With Paul Scharner)

Dec 6, 2012 at 11:54 AM

This version of the mobile site is pretty awful like. If someone emails ed he’ll probably change it back.

• tequilamag

Dec 6, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Conaldo I am gradually stealing everyones identity. Rainrix you will never take me alive copper.

• rainrix

Dec 6, 2012 at 11:57 AM

No that seems ok revenge killings are fine by me! 🙂 Although without the normal mobile site i cant tell if you are telling the truth or are simply suffering from multiple personality disorder.

If you are telling the truth i bet 90 rupees its ibiza 🙂

• BelfastMagpie

Dec 6, 2012 at 11:58 AM

I was logged into it last nyt, but it took about half an hour to scroll down to the bottom of the comments.

Wizard click your fingers & change it back.

• richyg01

Dec 6, 2012 at 11:58 AM

So coz Demba puts in a shift every match he definitely wants to stay?

Maybe putting himself in the shop window ready for a fat pay day is more to the point!

• Conaldo (The Wizard...Also Bestest Friends With Paul Scharner)

Dec 6, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Rainrix – it’s not me. But I’ve just thought, maybe it’s not someone stealing my identity and its the actual Paul Scharner and he must have gotten all my letters!!!! I wrote them in my bestest crayons.

• rainrix

Dec 6, 2012 at 11:59 AM

tequila… Thats fine blog police don’t operate under normal police rules, executions are fair game! 🙂

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Dec 6, 2012 at 12:01 PM

What’s all this then?

Tequila….We’re already on to you, watch your back.

Mobile Site….Am I right in thinking you pretty much all complained about the new one? No w you have the old one back you want the new one again? Honestly guys 🙂

• Conaldo (The Wizard...Also Bestest Friends With Paul Scharner)

Dec 6, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Hmm. How to test if its Ibiza –

Paul Scharner – do you find yourself unable to make decisions?
    Have you been exiled Britain?
    Do you have a particular fondness towards fences?

• rainrix

Dec 6, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Ok wizard im confused now are you the real wizard or the fake, or is this you just mass trolling???? Argh i need the old mobile site dammit! 🙂

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Dec 6, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Rainrix….How could you? Blaming a fellow officer! The cheek.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Dec 6, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Wizard… Ed Harrison

• BelfastMagpie

Dec 6, 2012 at 12:03 PM

I DEMAND the old site back.

And yes im making DEMANDS!! 😉

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Dec 6, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Wizard…admin@nufcblog.com

…forgot the mail sorry 😉

• rainrix

Dec 6, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Howay ibiza you know as well as i do the blog police is the most corrupt institution it could easily be you 😉

• Transfer Sage

Dec 6, 2012 at 12:05 PM

did you like my rumour today ibiza?

actual truths in it an everything

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Dec 6, 2012 at 12:06 PM

rainrix….We know that, but no one else did. What are you thinking of mate? United we stand…well at least I thought. What a sad sad day.

• BelfastMagpie

Dec 6, 2012 at 12:07 PM

The dissaperance of the mobile site has all the hallmarks of a blog police conspiracy….