Curtis Not Good For Bradford City

Well, would you believe it – Newcastle United’s 19 year-old Australian center-back Curtis Good has caused his current club Bradford City to be kicked out of the FA Cup, because the Bantams did not receive written permission to play Good in the game against Brentford by the 12:00 pm deadline on the day of the match, which ended 1-1 at Valley Parade.

That’s not good.

Curtis Good – has unwittingly had Bradford City eliminated from FA Cup

Curtis joined Bradford City last week on loan but in a personal hearing today Bradford City found out about the charge, and after the meeting the FA issued the following statement:

“The FA has confirmed that Bradford City have been removed from the FA Cup after fielding an ineligible player in their second round tie.” Bradford City did not have the necessary permission for Curtis Good to play in the competition, while on loan from Newcastle United, by the 12:00 pm deadline on Friday November 30 prior to the fixture that evening.”

Bradford have until 5:00 pm today to decide whether they will appeal this ruling, but it seems somebody at Bradford messed up badly, and it cost the Yorkshire club their berth in this season’s FA Cup.

As we said before, that’s not good.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• rainrix

Dec 7, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Howay ed he didn’t cause it man! Bradford did with their own mistake 😉

Dec 7, 2012 at 2:49 PM

All i want is for NUFC to do well.

• Big Pappa Cissé

Dec 7, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Could not care less. At least Good got a game 🙂

Dec 7, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Ruddy

Sense or nonsense, its all relative

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Dec 7, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Indian

No you don’t, all you want is for something to complain about. If all you wanted was for NUFC to do well then how come you disappeared off the blog when things were going well for us at the tail end of last season, you only ever appear when things are going tits up and that is just because you love to stick the boot in instead of actually supporting a club that a lot of people hold dear.

If I actually cared one bit what you thought then your opinion would really rile me, but you’re so unbelievably ridiculous at teams I feel like I am kicking Bambi.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Dec 7, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Indian

You’re right. 90% of the blog talk sense. In relation to them, you are in the 10%.

• Transfer Sage

Dec 7, 2012 at 2:54 PM

ruddy

maybe he was out celebrating when we were doing well? you never know.

rainrix

or can we blame good? maybe it’s pardews plan…get every other team out of the FA cup so we win? unorthodox but i like it

Dec 7, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Ruddy,

I disappeared because, Believe it or not i had become satiated with football, with all writing and commenting so wanted a break.

Also i feel disappointed with the Transfer window.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Dec 7, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Sage

Somehow I doubt it, perhaps he was sticking pins into a Shola doll, cursing his luck as it should have been him lighting up the PL with his skills instead of Wor Shola…

Dec 7, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Transfer sage are you Rich toon guy

• rainrix

Dec 7, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Sage… Sleeper agents? I like it, although its further evidence of pardews ineptitude that the best he can knock out is bradford city.
    Pardew out! 😉

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Dec 7, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Indian

I mean when you disappeared in the final months of last season, ie February, March, April, May when we had went on a very good run of form and even put ourselves in the reckoning for a CL place.

You were disappointed with the window? We had just bought a 9million pound striker who was scoring goals for fun, what was to be disappointed with? You’re full of it, and when I say “it” I mean lies.

How can anyone take you seriously?

• Transfer Sage

Dec 7, 2012 at 2:58 PM

indian

yeh…changed ages ago…well just set up a new account

well remembered

• Blaydon-Toon

Dec 7, 2012 at 2:59 PM

TS I love it when I get on here and Kets is on it brightens up the blog…. I find it amusing that he drops little blog bombs and then runs for covet – Also he is a comic genius 🙂

• Transfer Sage

Dec 7, 2012 at 3:00 PM

rainrix

definitely pardew out….a world class manager like moruinho would have knocked all the teams out

lets get him…he’s leaving madrid, loves the prem league….and if i recall owes a lot of money to one of ashley’s casino’s haha

Dec 7, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Ruddy, i did not go anywhere last season, all my sabaticals have come this season. you can check

• Transfer Sage

Dec 7, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Blaydon

I can’t telling he is winding people up, cheering people up or just simply that dumb haha

Dec 7, 2012 at 3:03 PM

I was wondering where did you or your alias went. in addition toon boy 83, nufc 786, toon tom 7

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Dec 7, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Indian

I’m not trawling through the archives to check if you bailed because I know you bailed tail end of last season. How do I know? Because you and I would argue every time you were on the blog, and there were a distinct lack of arguments when we were doing well at the end of the season due to the fact that you weren’t there.

Dec 7, 2012 at 3:04 PM

Transfer sage

• Transfer Sage

Dec 7, 2012 at 3:04 PM

I only had the one other alias and it only last a month before this one.

I take it you have been keeping an eye on dhoni and the boys?

Dec 7, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Ruddy,

Take my word, telling you i was here

Dec 7, 2012 at 3:07 PM

TS
    whenever i see the match all i see is cook. I was talking about other bloggers who i have not seen

• Ginger

Dec 7, 2012 at 3:10 PM

I feel really sorry for him, poor sod probably thinks its his fault.

• Transfer Sage

Dec 7, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Indian

Ah right.

Well you be pleased to know he has gone now haha. Just 190 runs later.

Anyway back to football before we face the wrath of the blog.

Dec 7, 2012 at 3:18 PM

TS,

you remember like this curtis good incident there was a time Yorkshire Phoenix/carnegie were also knocked out of T20. player called AZEEM RAFIQ

• Blaydon-Toon

Dec 7, 2012 at 3:19 PM

TS did you see how Cook got out ?

• Pardews Perfect Battleplan

Dec 7, 2012 at 3:21 PM

@ruddy i think.Indian was on but not as much

Dec 7, 2012 at 3:21 PM

run out

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Dec 7, 2012 at 3:25 PM

PPB

Possibly, although he may not have been as intolerable. He seems to revel in disappointing form.

• IITianToon

Dec 7, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Hope Ed is not a strict taskmaster and throws all you lot out for cricket talk.. By the way Dhoni sucks big time.

The reason Marv lost the ball a lot of times yesterday was someone came from behind and nicked it off him. Marv is a quick thinker and likes to pick out people in space, however there were none yesterday and thats why he held the ball longer than he should have, giving a chance to opposition players to outmuscle him off the ball. Thats one weak aspect of Marvs play, he cant hold the ball in presence of physical pressure. Otherwise the lads a brilliant footballer.

• Pardews Perfect Battleplan

Dec 7, 2012 at 3:28 PM

he was a happier fellow. little mention of ameobi

• tequilamag

Dec 7, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Indian can`t remember whether you were on or off and if you say you only want Newcastle to do well I will take your word for it.
    However that is not the impression you give. I can`t remember a single post you have made giving praise only criticism. You seem obsessed with slating Shola and I had dismissed as you as a one trick pony as I heard little else from you. I now realise I as wrong as you have joined in with anti-Pardew crowd who don`t think beyond the most simplistic of analysis constantly picking fault without considering any other factors.

Dec 7, 2012 at 3:29 PM

IITIAN

dhoni should retire instead of sachin

• Blaydon-Toon

Dec 7, 2012 at 3:29 PM

True Indian but he got him self out did not ground his bat to avoid getting hit …

• IITianToon

Dec 7, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Ganguly was the best Indian captain.. loved his shirt off revelry at Lords in 2001.. 😛 😛

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Dec 7, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Ok Ok Cook is awesome but didn’t ground his bat and was run out.

Back to NUFC now?

How does everyone think we will fare against Fulham?

Dec 7, 2012 at 3:34 PM

tequila you talk about me not talking positively, if you have time see this page it has all the articles that have written.

have a look, you may change your opinion.

• Blaydon-Toon

Dec 7, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Ok back on the football …. Ruddy I think trip to Fulham will be a tough game as they are pretty solid at home but I def think we could get a victory not sure who said Hangerland was injured but if that is indeed the case I think we can cause them a lot of problems. Would be nice to score from a set play but I can see us nicking it 0-1 Marv corner Demba header 🙂

• tequilamag

Dec 7, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Indian I have an open mind, I will check them out when I have some spare time. I would ask you though to think about the impression you give when you post on the blog. Your articles may be more even handed but it is not the impression I get from your posts.

1 2 3 5