Newcastle To Go After Momo Diame For £3.5M In January


The Daily Mail is reporting that Newcastle will make a move in January for West Ham midfielder Momo Diame, who has been in sparkling form for the Hammers so far this season.

Momo Diame in action against Sunderland this season

The former Wigan defensive midfielder moved to West Ham in the summer, but we’d be very surprised if West Ham will even think of doing a deal which could see them one of the best players leave in mid-season.

However, the 15 times capped 25 year-old Senegal International is said to have a release clause in his contract of £3.5M, and that would be a good deal for Newcastle, if they can get the deal done.

Basically if Newcastle or any other club come up with that amount, they can talk to the player and if they can agree personal terms then Diame can be signed in January – if he indeed has a release clause active.

Of course if the news is out on the release clause,  we would expect other clubs to be interested – and Arsenal have already shown interest in the French-born International.

If Newcastle can get Diame in during January for £3.5M – that would be an excellent acquisition for the club  – but with the emphasis on if.

What do you think?

Comments welcome.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:


You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================



You can share this articleShare on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someonePin on PinterestDigg thisShare on LinkedInShare on RedditShare on Tumblr

10 comments so far

  • Thump

    Dec 7, 2012 at 1:36 AM

    Comment #1

    Is it bad that I’m opposed to this solely because he’s another African player?

    Also because the Daily Mail reported it and hahahahahahahaha

    0
  • shanghai fan

    Dec 7, 2012 at 1:55 AM

    Comment #2

    If he’s good, 3.5m isn’t too much. Though I haven’t been following him to judge.

    Amused because when we were linked with him last time, someone said he couldn’t trap a bag of sand! Amazing what a bit of form does for opinions.

    0
  • Toonfreak87

    Dec 7, 2012 at 1:56 AM

    Comment #3

    lol no but he would be a good buy for quality and quantity. As I stated in my post on http://www.everythingnufc.co.uk/

    0
  • Sav

    Dec 7, 2012 at 4:17 AM

    Comment #4

    No Sissoko then?
    This is not our weakest position or priority I should have thought. We seem to be linked with anybody CHEAP which is the only basis for this particular rumour.
    If another good CB and Debuchy at RB are secured and defensive midfield will seem even less of a concern. In fact, with decent players around and behind them, I expect the likes of Bigi, Abeid, Ferguson and Anita to be able to slot in and play comfortably. Using our youngsters wholesale out of necessity is demoralising them and costing points.

    0
  • NEWEXPATMAGPIE

    Dec 7, 2012 at 5:11 AM

    Comment #5

    @ 1 :

    I,me with you on that Thump !

    If we sign this lad and BA does,nt leave that will be another name on the list of players who we will lose for two months Mid- Season.

    Plus most of the above are all important players for us:

    Tiote, BA, Shola, Cisse, the list is increasing with every window?

    He may be a good player but i would try and sign one or two European based players to fill the gaps in while thew Africans are gone!

    0
  • santoon

    Dec 7, 2012 at 8:54 AM

    Comment #6

    i doubt he will want to come unless tiote leaves as he wont be a starter

    0
  • JP...from The Rock

    Dec 7, 2012 at 11:42 AM

    Comment #7

    Is this the same Diame that scores regularly for Senegal when Cisse and Ba stutter? If so we should go for him asap.

    0
  • bambams

    Dec 7, 2012 at 12:52 PM

    Comment #8

    Unless these targets have a green label stating 70 % off…..we wont be signing them.

    ‘ We are going to keep our powder dry for this coming summer, we have identified who we want and will get them in early’

    ‘We tried but could not meet their demand, they wanted £47.50 more than we wanted to pay’

    ‘ We have a list of four or five players for each position we want to strengthen, we are onto 6th on the list now’

    ‘If clubs want to buy our players it will cost them a whole lotta money’……We cant have it both ways Ashley ! IMO

    0
  • one Tony Green

    Dec 7, 2012 at 2:22 PM

    Comment #9

    @newexpat

    Cisse and Ba failed to qualify for the ACN so will be going nowhere till at least 2015 unless they are sold. We could have had him for nothing in the summer

    0
  • brklyngeordie

    Dec 7, 2012 at 10:49 PM

    Comment #10

    I must have said a few 100 times during the summer to snap him up while he was on a free even suggested last January as we was the driving force that kept Wigan up last season : ( we missed the boat on this lad Tiote with more offense andnot as reckless should have and could have been on squad already

    0

You must log in to post a comment.