The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Pardew – If We Lose One Player We’ll Bring In Two

11:23 am, Saturday, December 8th, 2012 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 288 Comments

Alan Pardew has given an interview to the BBC and he says some interesting things, such as if we lose a top player, then we’ll have to bring in two and grow them, and he says once again that Newcastle cannot compete with the likes of the two Manchester clubs and Chelsea on the financially  front, but we can on the playing side of things.

Alan Pardew – we still cannot compete financially

This is what Alan Pardew said about the summer transfer, and we still cannot compete with the big boys in England:

“This summer was tough.” “I convinced Mike and the board that we needed another year with this team.” “We deserved that after last year. So we kept it all together, some big clubs came in but they are going to have to pay a lot of money for our players. Trust me, we don’t sell anyone cheap.”

“Now if we sell one of our top players we need to bring in two and grow. It is the only way we can compete.” “We are not a sovereign state. We cannot compete with Manchester City, Manchester United, Chelsea – not on the financial front but we can on the playing front.”

“I shouldn’t be here if I don’t think I can win every game. We beat Manchester United 3-0 at home last year . If that can’t give you confidence, nothing will.” “When you have been at a club a long time there is a stability there and you can start growing the club from below.”

We thought there was some undeserved harsh criticism of Pardew during the four game losing streak – but there again we suppose somebody had to take the blame.

My brother Rod said that at least in the pubs in Newcastle, they were not calling for Pardew to be sacked, although there were a number of our readers on the blog calling for him to be fired.

But we should learn from our history – and it never done us any good to sack the manager in the past – Freddy Shepherd did that far too many times when he was the Newcastle Chairman, and he even sacked the great Bobby Robson after Bobby had Newcastle finishing 4th, 3rd and 5th in successive seasons.

There again Freddy had gone five years since he had sacked Ruud Gullit and he could have had itchy feet.

No, we’ll leave the sacking of managers to Chelsea – Roman Abramovich seems good at it.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Coaching · Financials · Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours

288 responses so far ↓

• 1 Blaydon-Toon // Dec 8, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Where are you Jail ?

• 2 Tsunki // Dec 8, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Being an also-ran poster instead of being first because he’s just not able to keep up is too good for Jail.

• 3 Spuggy // Dec 8, 2012 at 11:28 AM

I’ve thought for a while we may need to sell a star to move forward, a la Andy Carroll.

I don’t think we were that successful in the window as other clubs apart from Anita who appears to be finding his feet.

When you look at Diame, Lallana and Michu they are top top players we missed out on.

• 4 Conaldo (The Wizard...Also Bestest Friends With Paul Scharner) // Dec 8, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Being trampled in a stampede of housewives and pensioners during a Primark sale is too good for Ashley.

• 5 Graeme // Dec 8, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Tsunki – Jail was here long before you appeared on the scene and will likely be here long after you leave!!

• 6 Tsunki // Dec 8, 2012 at 11:32 AM

I know the nswer is probably yes, but am I the only one to be relieved we have the likes of Obertan back in the squad? Our recent foray with youngsters has illustrated that what we did have to hand was preferab;e to just throwing on the much-vaunted young prospects.

If we have such players, HBA and the emerging talents of Anita and Marveaux coming in, we could be seeing a re-emergence of the side, even a competition for places when Cabs comes back.

I am getting ready to cut & paste the doom merchants comments and their imminent relegation tosh. Come on lads, the mackems did it and if they can……

• 7 Tsunki // Dec 8, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Graeme ha ha lad I think Jail will realise I was jesting. Apparently you havent been here long enough to realise that is what I do. ;)

• 8 Graeme // Dec 8, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Spuggy – they will be here in January, never fear, along with another 2 or 3, just to make up for the ones we didn’t “get over the line” during the last 3 windows lol.

• 9 tequilamag // Dec 8, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Tsunki, happy to have Ober back, he has been much improved this season. The more options the better as far as I am concerned.

• 10 Tsunki // Dec 8, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Breaking a tooth on one of Ashleys casino chips while eating his xmas pud is too good for Jail.

• 11 nufc_eire // Dec 8, 2012 at 11:41 AM

If this happens in January then I’d want Tiote = Sissokho + CB (Alderwiereld/Rami) or RB (Debuchy) if we spring for Douglas on the cheap

Successful window

• 12 Spuggy // Dec 8, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Why did the shrimp leave the dance floor?

• 13 Spuggy // Dec 8, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Because he pulled a muscle!!!

• 14 Tsunki // Dec 8, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Actually the lack of options may mean the return of Obertan and HBA presents an opportunity – Graeme just mentioned something lots of us have speculated on over the last year – the idea of HBA just behind the striker. Could putting Obertan on as well as him provide the chance to try this out? Come on Pards you know it makes sense!

• 15 Tsunki // Dec 8, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Whats the odds on Debuchy these days?

• 16 Graeme // Dec 8, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Tsunki, with Tiote and Anita in front of the back four, a front four of Obertan, Marveaux, HBA and Cisse or Ba should give any opposing team something to think about!!

Three players with skill and ability to beat their man, and four who can score goals. A fairly daunting prospect!!

• 17 Sav // Dec 8, 2012 at 11:47 AM

So are we to understand that in the summer, after this rather disappointing 2nd season back in the Premier League, there’s going to be an exodus of our best players? Presumably swapping ‘purples’ for lilacs?

• 18 oldbobaycliffe // Dec 8, 2012 at 11:49 AM

chelsea owner wants to win things so just short contracts arsenal seem happy as long as they finish in top four for the champions league chelsea would have moved wenger on, we give our manager an 8yr contract for winning nothing.so how can chelsea be wrong if you look at our squad can you honestly see us winning anything in pardews reign

• 19 JARRAMAG // Dec 8, 2012 at 11:54 AM

I am sick to death listening to Pardue making out that we have to sell players before we buy.
    FFS does he and his masters really think that by constantly playing the hard up line that all NUFC fans will be brainwashed like some of the posters on this site are?
    Ashley will not invest in our club anymore
    He wants his investment back and we are going to suffer until he does.
    We are in a perilous situation through not investing in the football team and i have no doubt that they will wait until the last days of the transfer market in the hope that most of our senior squad is back and then deciding on how many to bring in.
    We will see at the most 2 extra players brought in.
    I have never known any football club to ever fail to strengthen the team when everyone can see Williamson, Simpson and Shola shouldnt be playing for our club.
    I hope i am wrong but with our December fixtures we will be in the bottom 3 come January
    God help us

• 20 Graeme // Dec 8, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Oldbob – simply because Chelski went out and spent ONE BILLION POUNDS on players etc since Abrahmovich took over.

Have they totally dominated the Premier league, the European Cups? No they haven’t. Chelski is a spoiled rich mans plaything, totally removed from reality.

• 21 Tsunki // Dec 8, 2012 at 11:58 AM

oldbob – 8 years is a long time though, anything can happen. Roman has his methods, but other clubs like Man U and Arsenal have theirs. Neither necessarily are devoid of results. We’re better judging this after a couple of years, its a bit difficult to see the long term plan when its still in its infancy, after all, we may have new owners in a couple of years.

Graeme – The idea of Ba OR Cisse has resonated with me for some time, Cisse is stifled by Ba and Ba does not want to move wide to accommodate. What about alternating strikers with someone like HBA or dare I say it Obertan behind? I thought the European or domestic cup games could be a good arean to try this idea out.

• 22 Tsunki // Dec 8, 2012 at 12:01 PM

‘Course if Ba does go in January there wont be much choice will there?

• 23 Graeme // Dec 8, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Tsunki, what about alternating Ranger and Campbell behind either Ba or Cisse? They are younger and completely different to Ba/Cisse.

Variation keep us unpredictable and HBA just increases the unpredictability – a defenders nightmare!!

Playing these two also increases our options up front from 2 to 4; it also stops the main two from getting too complacent!!

• 24 Super Magpie // Dec 8, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Tsunki
    Obertan behind the striker would not work, I remember him playing there against Arsenal last year and he was shocking. I would much rather have HBA or Marveaux there.

• 25 Jail for Ashley // Dec 8, 2012 at 12:15 PM

What did I say the other day,one fu#%ng win and he’s putting the players in the shop window spineless cockney cnut .

• 26 WWYCD // Dec 8, 2012 at 12:17 PM

And it begins

• 27 Tsunki // Dec 8, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Graeme – ah going of the jugular! Ranger, well jury still out for me I never quite saw him show enough to warrant the hooha about him being better than Carroll, but if he has finally turned around, maybe he will apply himself to his talent and come good.

Now, Campbell – how frustrating has this been, I think by now he seems to have deserved a couple of European cameos, but he just doesnt seem to get the rub of the green poor kid. Supposed to be quick and instinctive, I have not seen him yet but the reports are all good. I am rooting for him to get a breakthrough game where he bursts on to the scene like say Rooney.

On Pards comments above – i dont know how anyone else reads this but it sounds like Ashley and Llambias dictated that Pardew would have to ride with his ‘purples’ and that his backup transfers/kids would provide necessary cover. Now this has backfired reasonably big time, Pards seems to be signalling that buying a ‘prospect’ if a ‘big’ player moves is no longer (proven) enough, and that he needs to build the squad not just equalize it.

• 28 Super Magpie // Dec 8, 2012 at 12:21 PM

This fills me with so much hope going into January…
    So basically if we sell one player we’ll get 2 who are nowhere near as good and it will take a year to buy these two players, since that’s how we seem to operate these days.

• 29 Tsunki // Dec 8, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Tbf, I dont think its Pardew that has the shop window or puts things up for sale….

Although it does sound like he is preparing us for a name or two moving on.

• 30 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 8, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Bye, Yohan. I’m sure the NUFC staff are coddling you, trying to get you back to fitness, enough to pass a medical on Jan 31st. Was nice having you play in the B&W.

• 31 croftus5678 // Dec 8, 2012 at 12:35 PM

@27

cambell was very very good in the 15mins when he came on in one of our euro games did not look out of place at all in fact was at the time the best player on the pitch…but like all players think he needs to be blooded in a lower league to see how he copes with phsyical defenders
    ranger in fairness does look a good player and is prob better than both the ameobi’s but i’m just stubborn and think he’s had one chance too many.
    abd out of all our youngsters i would say they all need to go out on loan apart from bigi (ferg/abied/amal/sammy/ranger/good/tav) all need to be pushed through the league’s for a few years to learn.

• 32 Graeme // Dec 8, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Jail, any time ANY player pulls on a shirt and puts in a performance – he is in the shop window as it were!! It only takes one young player to put in 2 or 3 performances, above his usual game and he is all over the back pages as the “New (insert your own idea here) makes a breakthrough”!!

It doesn’t matter which Premier League team it is, who they are playing – EVERY game is being shown somewhere!!

• 33 Jail for Ashley // Dec 8, 2012 at 1:04 PM

As much as I have tried giving Pards my support on here its comments like that,that boil my pi$$,does he think we are fu¢{ing stupid,the only reason nobody was sold is because nobody offered enough money which I believe ultimately cost us bringing in Debuchy and Douglas,if he had so much sway with the `board` why couldn’t he convince them that 5M for a top class French defender isn’t being ripped off.

• 34 Novocastrian66 // Dec 8, 2012 at 1:05 PM

I reckon Pardew is on a transfer bonus.

• 35 Novocastrian66 // Dec 8, 2012 at 1:08 PM

JFA. Nailed on mate. What Pardew should be saying is; ” I’m looking to bring in two or three top class players to show our intent and to convince the top players, we already have here, to stay.”

• 36 seancavaz // Dec 8, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Love the doom n gloom lol. £35m for Carroll, we bring in tiote(who?) cabaye(who?) cisse(who?) ba(who?) Ben Arfa (who?) my point is simply that should one of our “purples” be sold on, then don’t worry, the club have proven in the past that they know what to do, so maybe we do bring in players we don’t know, but it’s worked before and will again

• 37 Tsunki // Dec 8, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Jail – I think he hasnt had much sway at all. I think he is only just getting his point across that frugality has its limits and can put us in serious trouble when done wrong. I think its a mistake to put it all on Pardews’ shoulders, he is constrained heavily by Ashleys’ fiscal agenda. Whatever that is.

On the oyung lads – I agree that serious competitive game time is the key to progression to first team. Its no mystery that Bigi’s impressive surge is coupled with having more game time in the EL than just about everyone else. I know silverware would be good, but if I was going for percentages, I would say keep using the cup comps to get these players some proper competition, not thrashing about in an out-of-town field in the reserves. Its not the same at all.

• 38 Ketsbaia9 // Dec 8, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Boudebouz
    Sissokho
    Sulejmani
    Remi
    Zarate

5 out = 10 in

We’d challenge for the title with those signings.

• 39 Ketsbaia9 // Dec 8, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Loan out:

Ferguson
    Sammi Ameobi
    Amalfitano
    Streete
    Ranger

• 40 catchy in norway // Dec 8, 2012 at 1:18 PM

its a nice thought parsnip, but you know as well as the rest of us this will never happen

1st reason, you will have to sell first, just say you sell BA for the 7 million his contract states, how you gana buy 2 good forwards with the 3 million that is the clubs,,

2nd if some how a club bids 20 million plus for our top playmaker HBA , wha makes you think that another club like southampton isnt gona say, well they have 20 million, i want 15 for lalalalalana. the have the right to just sit on the player until they get the money they want for him

by the sounds of things someone will go in jan, and im sure like i said above, if ba goes, that a double hit for us, you wont find a goal scorer of his class for less than 3 mill

i like anita, i think he could be a very big player for us,, but that was bad business in the summer, defence was needed more

bringing new players in to a struggling team will take longer for them to bed in

i hope they (the club) have got good cantracts sorted out incase we go down, we carnt afford big wages again down there,

• 41 seancavaz // Dec 8, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Full interview. It’s a good read

• 42 nick_9 // Dec 8, 2012 at 1:27 PM

“This summer was tough.” “I convinced Mike and the board that we needed another year with this team.” “We deserved that after last year. So we kept it all together”

What a load of rubbish this is, why did Pardew have to persuade Mike to keep the team together after finishing fifth? Financially we don’t need to cut the wage bill so why would we have to sell anyone? We always want top money for our players so why is last season any different? To me he is saying after finishing fifth the team deserved to stay together? This season not so good so what happens? Sorry but I’m really struggling to comprehend what he is saying, im tired, can anyone give me an alternative view?

• 43 nick_9 // Dec 8, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Is he saying Mike was tempted to sell players so we can sign one or two more? This
    Board annoys the heck out of me, wish I could bypass this tight fisted stage until we are earning 50 mill profit a season and signing great players eh

• 44 nick_9 // Dec 8, 2012 at 1:34 PM

The only players we should be looking to sell is the ones who need improving. Under Ashley it has always been the case that we sell our better players and sign players for their positions. If only we could add to our better players, if an astronomical bid comes in for any of our players apart from Ben Arfa then I would be very tempted but after this season who exactly are clubs going to be looking at from us? Ba must be the most wanted but he is a risk, Ben Arfa must be wanted by some clubs but he is worth a lot to us, santon is wanted by a few Italian clubs and tiote is always linked away but has bad discipline. If we sell santon, cabaye, tiote or Ba I will seriously question this board unless its another 20 million that we will see immediately. The 35 million didn’t seem took an eternity to be spent

• 45 Jail for Ashley // Dec 8, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Nick,
    Is taking an eternity to spend.

• 46 Ketsbaia9 // Dec 8, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Hope we don’t have to sell to buy. Ideally, to get through the season, we need at least 1 wingback, 1 centre-back, Sissokho and Remy. We’d still need another winger, left-back striker and centre back in the summer.

• 47 Ketsbaia9 // Dec 8, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Aldereweild, Debuchy, Sissokho and Remy would equal a great transfer window. Our squad would be so much stronger with these signings. We can then afford to let Ferguson, Sammi and Amalfitano to go out on loan.

• 48 nick_9 // Dec 8, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Kets Remy is 10 million and wants to go to a champions league club, don’t set yourself up for a fall lad. I even suspect we would struggle to agree a fee for llanna. Debuchy now is 27? Doesn’t give us much left if we sign him so I’m struggling to see that now. Three first team players, I don’t care how little or high they cost I just don’t want the team to go short again. If we have to sell to buy then sell willo, Simpson and obertan for all I care….. not Ba, santon. And cabaye

• 49 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 8, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Kets

Do you expect that, or are you just saying it willy-nilly? Like I could say: Ronaldo, Messi, Sakho and Fellaini would equal a great transfer window.

About the same chance as your list.

• 50 Jail for Ashley // Dec 8, 2012 at 1:53 PM

I think we should stop referring to the 35M for Andy Carroll as great business for the club and say it as it really is and say that it was great business for Mike Mashley .

• 51 blew // Dec 8, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Pardew is continuing where he left off in Summer, bringing 3 players in – then 2.
    Season tickets went well, now the half season tickets are up for sale and the January transfers are imminent. This regime has turned me cynical, I think its a season ticket gimmick, tell them we are after x number players to sell remaining tickets.

• 52 Jail for Ashley // Dec 8, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Blew,
    Looking at last Monday’s game it doesn’t look like them season tickets are selling too well.

• 53 Super Magpie // Dec 8, 2012 at 2:10 PM

We can’t have any excuses to not bring anyone in. The revenue we make is more than enough to bring players in without having to sell one of our best players. We make the 2nd highest match day revenue in the league and with the 70% increase in TV deals we should have money to burn.

We don’t need Pardew saying that our best players could be sold at any time. We know that, I don’t want him constantly reminding us that this could happen. Nor do I want him saying they will definitely stay because Ashley and Llambias can not be trusted. He shouldn’t say anything on the subject at all.

Pardew should be telling everyone we are looking at adding some quality to keep the quality we already have and them we can push on from there. We have January to do this, this is Ashley and Llambias’ last chance to prove they want us competing at the top end of the table.

What was our official target for this season? Top 8? At the start of the season most of us thought that was a fair target, especially with Europe to deal with. At the moment we are nowhere near to achieving this, there is simply not enough quality in depth in our squad. We need atleast 3 players in January IMO. However, I can’t see this happening.

• 54 Super Magpie // Dec 8, 2012 at 2:16 PM

Jail
    Which I’m ashamed of tbh. 10,000 empty seats? I can’t remember the last time we had that at a PL game. I was 5 minutes late and as I walked to my seat I couldn’t believe how many empty seats there were.

But, who would want to watch us on a cold Monday night against Wigan after losing 4 games on the spin? Many wouldn’t and didn’t go.

• 55 tequilamag // Dec 8, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Super Magpie why do you think we have the second best day match revenue ?http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/9255617/Revealed-the-financial-health-of-the-Premier-League-laid-bare.html
    Spurs wage is bill is more than our entire income stream.

• 56 Super Magpie // Dec 8, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Tequila
    I said match day revenue, not overall revenue. I know that we are miles behind the top 6 on terms of revenue.

• 57 Gateshead-Mag // Dec 8, 2012 at 2:38 PM

how would we be second anyway man utd and arsenal both make far more

• 58 Super Magpie // Dec 8, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Gateshead

There was an article I read from last season and I’m sure it said we earned more than Arsenal on match day.

• 59 Premiership Manager // Dec 8, 2012 at 2:41 PM

My guess is that several key players were told when they joined the team that the club were going to invest in and strengthen the team in all areas.

The poor start and lack of investment in the Squad in the close season will have drastically affected morale. The other thing is we have rode our luck with teams like Everton who in all honesty were robbed and should have taken 3 points.

The disclosure that several top teams came knocking on the door for some of our key players will not have helped and I have no doubts that come the window several of our key players will go particularly if we get hammered over the Xmas period by the likes of Man City, Man Utd and Arsenal.

Make no mistake we have some very hard games coming up and if results do not go our way it’s likely that several players and their agents will start making a lot of noise which will put the club in a position where they may have no option but to sell.

This I feel will be one of the worst windows the club will see however everything will depend on the next
    games. If we lose on Monday the writing will be on the wall because if we can’t beat Fulham the chances of beating City, Utd, Arsenal and Everton will be very slim indeed.

• 60 tequilamag // Dec 8, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Super, just making the point when it comes to finances there are 6 clubs miles ahead of us. With the best will in the world we can`t compete with them in transfers or wages.

• 61 bambams // Dec 8, 2012 at 2:46 PM

I think they are preparing to sell Ben Arfa……Arsenal were allegedly interested and he is their type of player.

Hope this does not happen but he would bring in the most coin IMO

• 62 Gateshead-Mag // Dec 8, 2012 at 2:49 PM

super magpie

possibly when they were still at highbury but they get 60 000 everyweek compared to our 50-52,000 plus there 2 rows of executive boxes make as much money per game as the whole of highbury used to make aparently

• 63 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 8, 2012 at 2:51 PM

Arsenal make the most on matchday, I’m sure of that. Obviously they don’t have the capacity to match Old Trafford, but they’re widely publicised for charging exorbient ticket prices and being the most expensive in the league, yet still cram in 60,000 fans every match. There’s no way our matchday revenue stands up to theirs.

• 64 catchy in norway // Dec 8, 2012 at 2:53 PM

tequilamag

nor should we be looking to compete with them right now,

but we arnt competing with many in the league when it comes to transfers,

make no mistake , i think most of the players we have brought in have been good, but nearly all have been very cheap for the quality they bring to the team,

what i dont understand with this seasons spending, or none spending, next year will be the bigest payout in history, they no this, so why take chances with that ?

from an investment point of view, its been a mare,, but he needs to look at the way we play the game, its not pretty, and i dont think many good players will want to join a team that just lumps it forward, this type of football will not help there carreer much,

in this position we are in right now,, we need player that will fight, we dont have many in our team right now

the club weeded them out

• 65 Graeme // Dec 8, 2012 at 2:56 PM

The panel on SSN have just been discussing the same thing about NUFC. The consensus was that apart from cesspool, none of the top 6 would pay Ba the £80k a week he is looking for. They also agreed that with his scoring record at NUFC, he should be one of the highest paid members of the squad, if not the highest – goals get points!!

• 66 tequilamag // Dec 8, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Catchy your making the assumption there will be no investment. Even with our smaller income stream we are in a much better position in regards to money than most clubs.
    Last season including Cisse we will have made a loss on transfers. I don`t know for sure till the figures are released but with the higher finish we should have made a small operating profit last year. I would expect that that profit covered the Cisse buy. I see no reason to see that further profits will not be invested the same way. Don`t expect £15 to 20 mill buys but that does not mean further transfers will not be funded.

• 67 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 8, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Muckems should be down to 10, a penalty against and another down, inside 4 minutes :lol:

• 68 nick_9 // Dec 8, 2012 at 3:06 PM

10,000 empty seats was painful to see, I take pride in us having a good 50,000 attendance of passionate fans. Sadly we don’t have exciting play and even at £15 a ticket we still came in 10,000 under capacity. We only sell out the big games under Ashley, I remember when we had plans to try and expand the ground to 60,000 to meet demand. Ashley has annoyed a lot of fans and even at £15 a ticket we struggled to fill the ground. Why so fans turn up in their thousands to see us play a tough team yet not a weaker team? Chance of seeing us do the unexpected against the big boys? To see the big boys? It certainly isn’t to watch our exciting performance.

Revenue wise we should be ok this season and very healthy next season. For such a big gambler Ashley is unprepared to speculate to accumulate in football. We might generate the 6th, 7th highest wage bills in the league but our wages are bout 60% of our turnover which is a lot better than most. Trouble is we are not prepared to spend more than we make so until we are making twenty million a season we will struggle to buy who we want without selling players. My worry is if we have any room for transfers this window or if we have to sell again. Anita cost 6 million, he probably earns 2 million a year in wages, that’s 8 million spend to Ashley or that’s the spin we would hear. He wouldn’t mention the wages saved from smith, Guthrie, lovenkrands, best and Forster to counter those wages though. Spin spin spin

• 69 catchy in norway // Dec 8, 2012 at 3:09 PM

66 tequilamag

we can only go on what we see and hear,,

as someone quite rightly pointed out above,, the season tickets arnt selling so good, so pardew comes out and makes a statment,
    IF 1 GOES 2 WILL COME IN
    that is not saying we are in a position to buy anyone, its not saying we will strengthen the team,
    its saying IF someones goes,

we all know what accountants can do, so i take what i read about them only making x amout with a pinch of salt, no we arnt one of the top 6, but we did finish 5th, we are in europe, we have a big crowd most games, sell thousands of shirts and stuff,,
    so in that respect
    we are not top 6, but i bet we are in the top 10,, everton villa, i dont even think we compete with these

its xmas time and we have the 3 wise men :(

• 70 tequilamag // Dec 8, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Nick 9 it`s all guesswork till the figure are released. Remember it will not just be us that gets the extra tv money it is everyone. And every other time the tv money has gone up wages have risen as well.
    We have boxed clever with our buys and can only hope that we can hope some more good cheap buys because we are not going to try and outpay the big 6 we would be on a hiding to nothing.

• 71 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 8, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Muckems 1 down. Been pummeled in the opening 10 mins – could be a rout.

• 72 Graeme // Dec 8, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Hey, some good news -scum are 1-0 down to a Torres goal; If they keep this up, they could be in bottom 3 tonight!!
    What a lovely early Christmas present

Agent O’Neil is definitely working well for his Christmas bonus lol

• 73 tequilamag // Dec 8, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Catchy nowhere does Pardew say that we have to sell to buy. He does say that if we get big money that we will replace them with 2 players. What is wrong with that ?

• 74 tequilamag // Dec 8, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Caychy you don`t have to believe me with the figure read the link I posted. It

• 75 tequilamag // Dec 8, 2012 at 3:17 PM

It is from an independant source.

• 76 nick_9 // Dec 8, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Ba should be one of our highest earners!! So should Ben Arfa and santon, anyone who plays well deserves to be rewarded more. Not given a ridiculous deal for five years but perhaps better bonuses so they always try to do their job. Ba and cisse should have goals bonuses and also assist bonuses so they don’t get greedy. Wingers should have assist bonuses, defenders clean sheet bonuses and also assist bonuses for the fullbacks and so on. DM clean sheet bonus and ACM assist bonus, nothing major but just motivational bonuses. Ashley is very shrewd so i am sure he could sit there and work out exactly how much was owed if Ba an cisse scored every game and defenders kept a clean sheet. Cisse might like a donation to his charity for every goal he scores? If our defenders kept a clean sheet every game of the season and we gave them 10k bonus for a clean sheet that is 40k a game x 40 games, 1.6 million, same with Ba and cisse if they score a goal each every game, at 10k a goal it’s 760 thousands. But imagine where we would be etc……

• 77 nick_9 // Dec 8, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Oh and we aren’t competing with man city, man united and Chelsea, we are competing or should be competing with teams from 10th to 4th. None of those teams are streets ahead of us when we are on form and none other than arsenal are in our position financially

• 78 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 8, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Blunderland threatening to do what West Ham did to Chelski. The knuckle-draggers are grunting in unison, getting behind the poor sods, and they’re responding.

• 79 nick_9 // Dec 8, 2012 at 3:42 PM

5 points off 10th :(

• 80 tequilamag // Dec 8, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Nick9 Arsenal have 3x our income Liverpool and Spurs X2.
    That is the gap between us and top 6.

• 81 Ian Toon // Dec 8, 2012 at 3:44 PM

On a quietvfootball day i am purely trying to amuse myself.
    Any similarity to actual posters living or dead is purely coincidental.
    Tequila- ” You can’t set a chump straight ” Being young and foolish
    I had you down as one poster described as old school. However I admire the way you appear( at least to me) to suppress your thoughts until you(it seems to me) feel your bottling it. The difference between you and Mr Tuff is that because you sometimes employ undue consideration that posters often miss your point.
    Mr Tuff- A parsnip for me is an enjoyable vegetable in my mums Sunday stew and wholly without the conortation of a turnip.
    JFA- your name always had a limited shelf life. Your thought for the day approach is ” bested” Give a lot more thought when reinventing yourself.
    To those that it might apply you confirm that with age comes wisdom.

• 82 Tsunki // Dec 8, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Its a long long long….long time ’til monday night.

• 83 Graeme // Dec 8, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Thats 2 goals for Torres and the scum are 2-0 down lol

• 84 nick_9 // Dec 8, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Tequila revenue and wages doesn’t always mean success. Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham all had 3x or 2x our revenue the season we was one half of football from finishing seventh and the same season we finished fifth. Liverpool might have all the revenue in the world but if they sign Carroll for 35 million, Henderson and so on its not going to get them far. Arsenal? You ask any arsenal fan how much they care about their finances when it’s been seven years without a trophy and before today they were tenth in the league if I remember rightly after their worst start in something like fifteen years. With the current crop of players we have we are only a couple of players each window away from having a strong side.

• 85 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 8, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Ian Toon

Shut the eff up, you prancing shite!

• 86 Tsunki // Dec 8, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Ian your last statement kinda falls flat when applied to me :)

funny how introspective we are on this blog. If you look at the table, apart from the two Manc teams, this is a decidedly below-par, lacklustre league shape compared to any in living memory imo. Who would have thought that we could be having nightmares about our teams performances and still be saying we are only 2 points behind Liverpool and 4 behind Arsenal. If it wasnt so tragic it would be hilarious.

I dont think there is an unreservedly ecstatic fan blog outside Mancland and even they are hushed by comparison to past seasons, with talk of Fergy’s retirement, perceived lack of talent and Mancini’s underperforming brats contributing to his likely imminent jobhunt.

• 87 Tsunki // Dec 8, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Fake Ruds – Touche! Eloquence encapsulated.

• 88 Tsunki // Dec 8, 2012 at 4:02 PM

looks like its going to be a good couple of years before a mackem will be troubled with a trip to Chelsea. Makes our worries all seem so frivolous when you look at that sorry rabble of oafish clods traveling the country being handed sound beatings with absolutely zero promise of anything turning around.

It really could be worse. But feel free to check back on me after the Fulham game he he he.

• 89 Ian Toon // Dec 8, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Tsunki- How can you tell the difference!!

• 90 nick_9 // Dec 8, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Tsunki let’s see if both of those two Manchester clubs are happy after tomorrow’s game. A win for Manchester United could really worry the city fans, out of the champions league and 6 points off the top.

I would imagine west brom fans are very happy, Tottenham fans, Everton, stoke, Swansea and Norwich fans are all pretty happy right now.

• 91 tequilamag // Dec 8, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Ian I try to be a nice guy, but I do have a variable tolerance level. Read so much b*oll*x on here most of it does not register anymore.

• 92 Ian Toon // Dec 8, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Tsunki– A. Good example was your very well described piece a week(!) ago on your journey around the grounds of The Championship. But you got flack from some. I put it down to jealousy.

• 93 Tsunki // Dec 8, 2012 at 4:11 PM

On match day attendance- what really is our hard core attendee number, and how many thousands are fairweather attenders? I would say we wouldnt get crowds below the wigan game very often, so about 10k fans missing would seem to indicate the fickle section. I would be willing to bet that 90% of those are the ones that go to the bar at 35 minutes, and leave at 85 to beat the traffic.

If you look at the impact of a weakened side on our recent performances, it would seem suicidal to continue a failed gamble on secondary players – after all, the half-season ticket sales must be pretty dismal right now. I cant imagine Ashley and Llambias revelling in their failure to sign a big name or two, so I would expect them to protect their investment by signing some critical personnel. If they dont, then I would start to think of them as being reckless, and if a big name or two goes and we dip our toes into the bottom 3 positions, I would be thinking more unforgivably negligent. For now I am hoping they can avoid shooting themselves in the feet and getting the personnel situation sorted quickly.

• 94 Ian Toon // Dec 8, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Tequila — maybe with your wisdom goes a lack of an ego!!!
    Glad I am on your side in the playground.

• 95 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 8, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Inman’s just scored for crewe!

• 96 Ian Toon // Dec 8, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Crewe are my second team whilst he’s on loan.

• 97 Ketsbaia9 // Dec 8, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Teams like QPR have a much better bench than we do. At least 5 of their subs could get into our first team at the moment.

• 98 nick_9 // Dec 8, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Ladies and gentlemen Sunderland are in the drop zone

• 99 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 8, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Kets
    Bollox :)

• 100 Ketsbaia9 // Dec 8, 2012 at 4:18 PM

05 Ferdinand
    20 Fabio
    14 Granero
    32 Faurlin
    09 Cisse
    23 Hoilett

They would all get into our first team at the moment.

• 101 Tsunki // Dec 8, 2012 at 4:18 PM

nick @90 – everyone knows spuds and everton fans are never happy, they are always in the same position year on year and almost nearly achieve something. For the other teams you mention, there’s still much of the season left for them to gravitate, but I am sure they are joyful for the moment. Dont think many beers are being bought in Chelsea, Scousland, Arsenal, Fulham, Villa, S*nlnd…..

• 102 Tsunki // Dec 8, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Inmans on loan at Crewe! Tads Tads TADS Inmans on loan……….

Well done son. Maybe he will be a future star?

• 103 Tsunki // Dec 8, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Ketsy – considering their league position, the underachievers and wage-burners they have at qpr wouldnt get past durham train station.

• 104 nick_9 // Dec 8, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Aye Tsunki several teams aren’t happy and it is still early days. If we son a couple of first teamers in the window and Pardew gets us playing hopefully we can crack on and finish high up. Would hate to see us slip up this season. Next season fine finish 8th we will be due almost 10 million extra, couple that with the better sponsorship deal with wonga and the Europe revenue (not a large amount) we should be looking to really push I next season. It pains me seeing st James have empty seats and being quiet.

• 105 Tsunki // Dec 8, 2012 at 4:24 PM

nick @90 –

Rejoice ! All is well and the balance of nature is being restored as we speak. As Black and White brethren I beseech all to lay down their weapons for a moment in a group hug of appreciation for all things not s*nlnd!

• 106 Ian Toon // Dec 8, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Tsunki– Arsenal fans are close to revolution.

• 107 oldbobaycliffe // Dec 8, 2012 at 4:26 PM

graeme and tsunki i turned 70 years old last month and since the 50,s when i was a boy nothing to cheer about on the domestic front and i cant see pardew doing anything in the next eight years either.some of our first team squad are just not good enough our young ones at all levels aren,t of the standard of other clubs the odd one but can we win anything with them but there again can we win anything with the present squad NO

• 108 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 8, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Tsunki
    Don’t know if its been mentioned but apparantly inmans on loan at crewe!

Kets
    Ferdinand couldnt even get in the unwasheds starting 11!
    Cisse is an ex mackem journeyman collecting his pension at QPR
    Fabio is an extremely p1ss poor version of his brother
    Granero isnt anything special certainly no abied ;)
    Faulin and hoillet maybe although hoillet still only now and then makes the QPR starting 11

• 109 nick_9 // Dec 8, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Cliffe I think we have poor strength in depth carrying too many average players by I do feel
    If we had our strongest eleven out playing well then we could win a cup. Trouble is I’m
    Becoming less enthused by Pardews actions with the current crop of players. Persisting with some players and set pieces is becoming hard to stomach. I honestly believe we are a few pieces away from a good jigsaw and we should be playing so muh better

• 110 Ian Toon // Dec 8, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Tsunki- It’s a long season of many weak defences. If we can get those 2 defenders endlessly mentioned then we could well really kick on. Only a month ago a number were suggesting WBA for CL place.
    It is wide open.

• 111 Tsunki // Dec 8, 2012 at 4:35 PM

he he he ketsy’s top tip hoilett. He was going to be our star this year wasnt he kets? along with Paul…

• 112 Jail for Ashley // Dec 8, 2012 at 4:36 PM

If I ever get a pet rat I might call it Ian.

• 113 ToonDownSouth // Dec 8, 2012 at 4:37 PM

How would those players get into our team? QPR have yet to win a game this season, and funnily enough it’s not because they’ve been playing brilliant football.

• 114 Jail for Ashley // Dec 8, 2012 at 4:39 PM

It looks like we sold that goalscoring CB Pards covets.

• 115 daztoon // Dec 8, 2012 at 4:50 PM

When will Pardew finally realizes our defence is poor and the best way to solve this is to keep the ball and attack the opposition instead of sitting back and hope a hoof ball drops kindly for ba

• 116 MacToon // Dec 8, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Who scored J4A, Bassong? and if I had a sick elephant I’d consider calling it Ian!

We’ll see what quality QPR have now with floppy chops in charge. My opinion is they have had a poorly organised defence but have some good players throughout their squad.

• 117 Ian Toon // Dec 8, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Do you remember the demand to buy Sturridge @ £ 20 million and N’zogbia @ £ 10 million.

• 118 Ian Toon // Dec 8, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Your confusing a mouse with a rat!!!!!

• 119 ToonDownSouth // Dec 8, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Ian

Adam Johnson has also been terrible, and Fletcher has 1 in his last 10.

I remember the demand for them as well.

• 120 Tsunki // Dec 8, 2012 at 4:55 PM

The problem with qpr lies in their collective heads> Every man jack of them lack the attitude that should go with their skill. I did a quick trawl of one of their blogs and got this comment –

“What a mess of a hapless non-team we have I give up now. I really really hope the board has some good plans for the Championship and how to actually try to build something solid and lasting from the ground up.

Out with the journeymen in with some proper footballers. We might as well start in january, sign some grafters of less renown and start playing our youngsters. It’s not like they can be any worse than what we see now…

Now, QPR, show me wrong (but I know you won’t)…”

You know, that poster sounds remarkably familiar… ;)

• 121 Jail for Ashley // Dec 8, 2012 at 4:56 PM

So it’s best not to buy anyone then I suppose in case they’re shite !

• 122 Ian Toon // Dec 8, 2012 at 4:57 PM

JFA/ Mactoon- Elephants are more afraid of ants because they crawl up their trunks.

• 123 Tsunki // Dec 8, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Jail – I think its just best to seriously consider Ketsy’s Prem Manager recommendations, then chuck them aside and get an experts idea on the subject.

• 124 Ian Toon // Dec 8, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Tsunki- Harry will be in his element he just loves wheeling and dealing.

• 125 Jail for Ashley // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Mactoon, aye he got another one today, I really don’t know why we didn’t go for him, maybe he didn’t want to come here but I think the fans would have forgiven him if he had of played well not sure about the other players though, but saying that how many are still there from our relegation season.

• 126 Tsunki // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Ants up my trunks? no ta.

• 127 ToonDownSouth // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:00 PM

JfA

No, it’s just a few good examples of how just because a load of people on a blog think something is right, it doesn’t mean it is.

• 128 Pardews Perfect Battleplan // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:00 PM

kets, either the greatest troll of his generation or a total f******g moron

• 129 Jail for Ashley // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:01 PM

If I was ever unlucky enough to catch leprosy I would change my name to Ian.

• 130 Tsunki // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Jail for Ian, anybody? Anyone? Think about it, its another hilariously original alter-ego going for nowt.

• 131 Pardews Perfect Battleplan // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:06 PM

we’re only making plans for ketsy
    we only want what’s best for him
    we’re only making plans for ketsy
    young ketsys futures as good as sealed

but if wor ketsy says he’s happy
    he must be happy
    he must be happy
    he must be happy in his woooooorld

• 132 Ian Toon // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Tsunki– Pardew’s got an excellent record. With the jury out on very few. You wouldn’t consult Ferguson if you were looking to bring in a goalkeeper.

• 133 Jail for Ashley // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Tads,
    I was never really that keen on insomnia but would have liked to have seen Adam Johnson instead of Obertan, although that has changed now that I know he was a mackem all along.Also the cynic in me believes that the 12M bid for him was completely fictitious to appease our stupidity after AC was sold.

• 134 Ian Toon // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:07 PM

JFA- Don’t sugar coat it. You love me really-

• 135 Tsunki // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:10 PM

ppb – hilarious!

:D :D :D

The fact I remember those nutcases (xtc) makes me feel…old………er.

• 136 Ian Toon // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:10 PM

TDS- I rate Fletcher @ maximum £ 8 million.

• 137 Jail for Ashley // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:11 PM

If the world was ever taken over by semi literate apes the most popular girls name would be Ian.

• 138 Tsunki // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Ian/JfA – guys get a room.

• 139 Ian Toon // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:12 PM

JFA – You. Repeatedly wanted Sturridge. As did Beattie and Hotdog.

• 140 MacToon // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Bassong made a nice tidy profit for the club err Ashley, he seemed to lose his way at Spurs but Hoots has him playing again and good to see. I’d have welcomed him back no problem but we obviously didn’t need any defensive cover this season! How much was he (Bassong) anyone, from Spurs to Norwich?

• 141 Ian Toon // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Tsunki- That’s a JFA often used expression!

• 142 Indian Magpie // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Michu again with 2 goals

• 143 Pardews Perfect Battleplan // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:15 PM

@tsunki not old, experienced. i can just see ketsy a Nigel in the video.
    if youdunno what im talking about
    and the guy with the painted black lips is fake ruddy

• 144 MacToon // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:16 PM

£4 mill ish, just checked!

• 145 Jail for Ashley // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Not me mate,
    On loan maybe but I didn’t think Chelsea would sell an England striker for less than 15M and if anyone thinks Mashley would pay that then they’re delusional.

• 146 Ian Toon // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Tsunki- You’ve got the job. But having learnt a bitter lesson it’s now on a payment by results format.

• 147 Tsunki // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Ian @140 – ;)

• 148 Jail for Ashley // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Mactoon,
    We could say that Williamson was Bassongs replacements.

• 149 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Ian Toon

If I wanted to read shite, I’d find you and squeeze your skull ’til it pops, then write “he’ll be missed by none”, in the resultant spraying mayhem, take a step back and admire my noble service to society.

• 150 Ian Toon // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:21 PM

JFA- to be fair it was on loan with a view to a £ 20 million buy.

• 151 MacToon // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:21 PM

No evening match, what’s gannin on!

• 152 Tsunki // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:21 PM

stop it ppb my sides are going – I do remember the video, sadly. :) I now have a face to the characters ha ha.

• 153 Ian Toon // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Ruddy- Very good creative wring but lacks imagination. Have another go.

• 154 Indian Magpie // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:24 PM

I know its a stretch but we should try for james mccarthy

• 155 Jail for Ashley // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Don’t want to get involved in a spat that it looks like I’m already in but why would I have harmed on about a deal I knew was never going to happen.

• 156 Ian Toon // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:25 PM

MacToon- a continuation of Xmas revelry.

• 157 Ian Toon // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:26 PM

JFA- Fair enough.

• 158 Jail for Ashley // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Bring back Beattie 25.

• 159 Ian Toon // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Indian- He’s highly rated and the top 4 all are sniffing.

• 160 Tsunki // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:28 PM

…FAKE Ruddy. fake.

• 161 Ian Toon // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:29 PM

I think Ruddy is Beattie.

• 162 Jail for Ashley // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:29 PM

The mackems haven’t beaten eleven men in 25 games according to Jeff Stelling.

• 163 Tsunki // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:30 PM

Jail – Beattie never really went, did he?

• 164 Jail for Ashley // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:30 PM

Indian,
    More likely to end up with Mick McCarthy.

• 165 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:30 PM

Jiz has been terrible in expressing his views how about I have a go.

Ian I find your constant need to condescendingly analyse every poster’s worthiness as incredibly insulting. You seem to determine what posters are worth listening to and what others can be readily dismissed if they don’t meet your high standards. You can come out with some good analysis of football so why don’t you save it for just football and give your high horse a rest.

Feed it a parsnip perhaps?

• 166 Jail for Ashley // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Go real Ruddy go.

• 167 Tsunki // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Ruddy = tbf to some extent we all do a bit of that. Ketsy gets a bit of stringing from me, catchy for his numbing negativity that drowns his otherwise valid points, Indian Mag and I have a tepid relationship….

not defending qualifying posters on a self-appointed expert basis just saying….

• 168 Jail for Ashley // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Tsunki,
    No he pops in now and then but not as often as he should, I think he’s a funny guy with good footballing knowledge.

• 169 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Am I the only one who would like to hear these words from Mike himself (really feel to Pards when January ends and we are still missing those players he thought we would sign)

…and once again he has to say ‘our team is strong and large enough’ just to not loose face!

Am I just bringing on the grief or is it justified? :D

• 170 Ian Toon // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Ruddy whether genuine or not !
    If you expect me to seriously respond your going to be disappointed.
    I have no interest in debating because I would feel ultimately compelled to reveal your innermost dark moods and secrets. It’s frightening but some on here do have skills in the real world . As for football enjoy.

• 171 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:38 PM

*to = for

• 172 Tsunki // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:40 PM

on an alternate name note, I have been waiting for cupidstunt to return as jimmymagpie and vindicate NUFC-83.

Ooooh controversial!

• 173 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Tsunki

I was pilloried for exactly the same thing that Ian Toon does every time he comes on to the blog, I was accused of being condescending and arrogant and personally I don’t think I was anywhere near as up my own @rse as he sometimes comes across.

I don’t dislike the guy purely for the reason that when he puts his mind to it, he comes out with some great knowledge and insight into football, but as far as being a “self appointed expert” he seems to label himself as THE self appointed expert on blogging quality which is arrogant to a nearly unacceptable degree.

• 174 Ian Toon // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Ruddy- Finally your rudeness some months ago was inexcusable because your clearly not without intelligence. Just lacking in manners.
    Stop trying to control and sort out your own persona.
    The End.

• 175 Indian Magpie // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:41 PM

J4A

He is an Ex Mackem

• 176 Jail for Ashley // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Jesper,
    I dunno what happens behind the scenes at SJP but I would love to be a fly on the wall when Mashley screws him over, btw did any more come out of that Q&A the other night.

• 177 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:43 PM

Can I have a penny for your thoughts or are you all just bigoting? :D

• 178 Indian Magpie // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:43 PM

We should have signed Saviola Years ago. he just scored for Malaga against Granada

• 179 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:43 PM

Ian

My innermost fears and secrets? As much as you think you know me, I am afraid you do not. As for saying you are not going to respond, some would claim what you have already written to be exactly that. You’ve just proven that you have no interest in talking about football.

As for skills in the real world, I am well aware that you’re an intelligent person, in fact one of the first things you ever said to me was that there was no way that I was in any way academically smarter than you, or in any other way smarter than you. How do you think that portrayed yourself in my eyes? Perhaps your “real world skills” aren’t as sharp as you think you are.

Also, don’t ever threaten me with your pseudo-psychology again you jumped up prick.

• 180 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:44 PM

JFA…me too mate :) me to!

…I just don’t have high hopes for this transfer window!

• 181 Tsunki // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Ruddy – btw its good to see a real poster now and then – yeah I remember standing to one side and seeing you get hammered for stuff like that and yes it was a bit harsh, plus when the whole meltdown thing happened (we all have them ha ha) you just happened to pick a bad night for sheer number of adversaries.

I think you and Ian make a lovely couple though. What curtains do you think for the lounge?
    :D

Jail – I agree I have made a couple of Bring Back Beattie shouts, and apart from the worrying tendency to be alternate ID’s or prophets etc I generally find him knowledgable and mostly hilarious. BBB!

• 182 MacToon // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:46 PM

:lol:

Battle of the egos

:lol: Better than an evening game lmao (not)

• 183 ToonDownSouth // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Holy crap…

What’s with all the Psychology 101 on here?

It’s a football blog.

• 184 Ian Toon // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Ruddy- So it’s a question of which of us is the most agreeable! An opinion is an opinion. Whether young or old but Tequila and like more mature posters should be treated with respect.

• 185 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:47 PM

I am going to do some shopping and when I come back you all are best behaving!!!

• 186 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Ian Toon

Your insights into the human psyche makes your arrogance inexcusable. I put down my idiosyncrasies down to growing up, continual development of a growing mind. I forgive myself for rudeness, I don’t need your pardon. I am more conciliatory now than I ever have because I work on what some would perceive as weaknesses in my character.

What excuses do you have for your weaknesses, given how you purport to know so much about why human beings act the way they do?

• 187 Jail for Ashley // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Tsunki,
    I’m glad you mentioned that because I nearly had a sneaky dig at nufc786 the other day, do you think that nasty price of work cupidstunt got banned.

• 188 Ian Toon // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:49 PM

TDS- some people talk about subjects they know little about. A little
    knowledge is a dangerous thing.

• 189 ToonDownSouth // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Mac

I’m disappointed. Is the evening TV game a Championship game for once or something?

There was no lunchtime kickoff either, it’s very strange.

• 190 wreker16 // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Tsunki

To be fair to kets, whilst I’m not sure, if he means the listed QPR would get into our injury stricken team then that we are currently playing then he may have a point with a few. I would have Ferdinand over willo and perhaps granero and hoilett and ….. On reflection…. Maybe not lol

• 191 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Ian

Revelling in hypocrisy of epic proportions wouldn’t you agree? Given how critical you are of other’s opinions, you are telling me to treat people with respect? Pot. Kettle. Black. Other than calling you a prick, which I take back, even this tit for tat exchange has been respectful.

As for this being a case as which one of us is the more agreeable, one would think you have picked the wrong end of the stick, extend the debate to illogical proportions in an attempt to invalidate what it is that I am saying.

Boo yah :P

• 192 MacToon // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:52 PM

I know TDS, strange and disappointing. Trying desperately not to pour a drink and order a takeawy so early in the day! Yes it’s Wolves v Birmingham on atm but not going to bother watching it.

• 193 Ian Toon // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:53 PM

I am without an ego. That’s my biggest fear with Mike Ashley his ego.

• 194 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Also, your references to “little knowledge”, you’ve no idea how much knowledge I have on any given subject matter. How arrogant are you? Quantify it if at all possible, we could create a measurement solely for you, the Pompous-ometer.

• 195 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:55 PM

And he’s without an ego folks.

On that note I think I will bid you fellas adieu, or is that psychologically indicative of my fragile state of mind? ;)

• 196 MacToon // Dec 8, 2012 at 5:57 PM

lol, that’s 18th v 19th in the Championship, great game for TV!

• 197 Jail for Ashley // Dec 8, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Mactoon,
    It could be worse, I’m watching baby Jake on cbeebies.

• 198 MacToon // Dec 8, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Cbb’s lol, desperate times, enough to drive you to drink!
    “pointless celebrities” Oh the irony!

• 199 chuck // Dec 8, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Make up your mind , either you think he’s a good manager, or not?
    The general opinion throughout the country is he’s a route one manager, even more so than BSA orPulis and statistics prove it.
    At least they BSA & Pulis make no bones about it, playing big physical sides, using the long ball and very disciplined, scoring more often from practiced set pieces.
    Whereas we have players who are totally out of character playing that kind of game.
    The HBA’s, Marveaux’s, hell most of the side are better
    suited to a passing game, wher they can best utilise their technical skills, instead of hoofing it aimlessly up the pitch.
    Which with Pardews limited tactical knowledge is all your gonna get.
    And anyone who hasn’t figured that out by now, well……
    what can i say?

• 200 Jail for Ashley // Dec 8, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Our record at Craven Cottage since WWII doesn’t look that impressive,so I think we could be happy with a draw.

• 201 MacToon // Dec 8, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Who has to make up their mind Chuck? How’s worky’s blog nowadays? Quiet?

• 202 jimmysmith // Dec 8, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Pardew – If We Lose One Player We’ll Bring In Two. He actually said we NEED to bring in two not we will.

Smells uncomfortably of a shift from diminishing hope to desperate realisation. Little wonder with Dastardly on the lurk. Next he’ll be feeling duped and angry and before you know it, he’ll be teetering on the edge of a nervous breakdown. It’s really just a question of whether I beat him to it.

• 203 ochytoon // Dec 8, 2012 at 6:23 PM

What happened at this Q&A the other night?

• 204 Ian Toon // Dec 8, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Jimmy- you’ll be rocking at the number of signings. Beyond your wildest dreams. Trust me.

• 205 Jail for Ashley // Dec 8, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Ochy,
    We don’t know a lot about it but apparently Pards was asked if there were any clauses in his contract if he didn’t deliver and he replied that’s a fu##ing insult before Dastardly ended it, not sure about the whole thing tbh.

• 206 Ian Toon // Dec 8, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Jimmy – are you posting under the Jinky Jimmy name?

• 207 ochytoon // Dec 8, 2012 at 6:33 PM

JFA
    Ahh cheers. To be fair, he had every right to be pissed off. Bit of a joke that someone basically asked how easy would it be to sack him in front of his employer. Your not still put in Azerbaijan are you?

• 208 Jail for Ashley // Dec 8, 2012 at 6:35 PM

No mate not working, was meant to go to humberside yesterday but the job got cancelled looking like a long holiday probably have to work New year now.

• 209 jimmysmith // Dec 8, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Excuse me?

• 210 wreker16 // Dec 8, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Ruddy 1-0 Ian toon

• 211 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 8, 2012 at 6:37 PM

…so have everyone calmed down again?

• 212 Ian Toon // Dec 8, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Jesper- Good evening. Is Villads old enough to appreciate Xmas ?

• 213 cata-TOON-ic // Dec 8, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Ruddy and Ian

You’re doomed I tell ya, doomed, doomed, to repeat insult after insult and get real riled up by each other.

Now stop pushing that stone up the hill both of you

• 214 Ian Toon // Dec 8, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Jimmy – Newcastle signed a Jimmy Smith known as Jinky because he was a dribbling creative midfielder. He played in 1970′s I think. Not in the class of Tony Green a real legend.

• 215 Ian Toon // Dec 8, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Cata- I did not insult. Perfectly in control. Thanks.

• 216 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 8, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Ian…no he doesn’t quite understand the concept. He knows of the term Santa Claus and presents, but he cannot grasp the context :)

…he still find the wrapping just as fun as the contents (well not always though)

But it is getting there; next year I think will be something entirely different for him :)

• 217 IITianToon // Dec 8, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Please stop with this personal feuds.. very irritating for the rest of us posters..
    Looks like both Dummett and Inman scored.. but I have my reservations about the level they are playing at.. anyway congrats to them..
    Did you guys read Demba’s latest tweet, regarding Pinochhio and liards.. what is he implying there?

• 218 IITianToon // Dec 8, 2012 at 6:46 PM

liars I meant.
    And a big big congrats to Chris Hoots, Norwich in sparkling form.. just goes to show you how much a good old fashioned hard working side can achieve with limited means.

• 219 Jail for Ashley // Dec 8, 2012 at 6:47 PM

I didnt what did he say.

• 220 Ian Toon // Dec 8, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Jesper- my sister has a couple of kids who are forever writing up their Santa lists. I’ve told Sis that her hubby should dress up as Santa and fire a shot in the air. Then the kids could be told that Father Christmas had committed. suicide – save them a fortune.!

• 221 Jail for Ashley // Dec 8, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Ian Toon,
    Must be fun in your house.

• 222 jimmysmith // Dec 8, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Yes Ian, the name is in reference to Jinkin Jimmy Smith, a favorite of mine, terrific skills, bit of a booozer and a little dirty. my kind of player.

My Dad bought me a full kit with his name on the back of the jersey and a little pair of Gola boots for my seventh birthday.

I imagine him drunk, destitute and living in a Glasgow boardinghouse nowadays, but what a player, a proper Newcastle player.

• 223 Ian Toon // Dec 8, 2012 at 6:52 PM

JFA- my sisters house.

• 224 Blaydon-Toon // Dec 8, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Jail I feel your pain mate had to watch baby jake earlier possibly the worst kids programme ever – FACT !

• 225 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 8, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Ian…the whole Santa Clause are Easter Bunny for that matter are dealt with differently here in DK.

…we don’t hype it up so much (it’s more about the Christmas dinner and of course the kids loves the presents!

My dad will come as Santa Clause some time during the evening with a present for both Villads and his two cousins then of course there will be some presents for them under the three :)

• 226 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 8, 2012 at 6:56 PM

*are = or sorry!

• 227 Ian Toon // Dec 8, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Jimmy- My father told me that women were for ever turning up @ SJP with bairns in arms claiming they were Jimmies. He had a series of knee injuries but was an Scottish international. I looked up his record and it seems he didn’t score too often.

• 228 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 8, 2012 at 6:57 PM

*tree

• 229 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 8, 2012 at 6:58 PM

How do you do the whole Xmas thing in Britain – do you open the presents on the 24th or in the morning on the 25th?

Is it turkey or duck (goose)?

• 230 Ian Toon // Dec 8, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Jesper- you will have to put on a lot of weight to be Santa. Our Xmas is very commercialised . My mother is getting presents for me in many cases. It’s a nightmare I usually end up shopping on Xmas eve .

• 231 jimmysmith // Dec 8, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Yes, he had some flaws.

• 232 Blaydon-Toon // Dec 8, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Jesper …. Turkey and presents opened on the 25th Xmas morning !

• 233 Graeme // Dec 8, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Jesper, traditionally it was goose, but these days turkey is much more the norm and has been for many years!! Christmas day for opening prezzies – 25th!!

• 234 Ian Toon // Dec 8, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Jimmy – There is a Jim Iley on here. He captained in 1960′s in a promotion winning side.

• 235 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 8, 2012 at 7:04 PM

I just love the word bairn is sounds completely like the danish word for the exact same ‘børn’.

‘…about the letter Ø: among English-speaking typographers the symbol may be called a “slashed o” or “o with stroke”. Although these names suggest it is a ligature or a diacritical variant of the letter o, it is considered a separate letter in Norwegian and Danish, and it is alphabetized after “z”—thus z, æ, ø, and å.’

• 236 Ian Toon // Dec 8, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Jesper- Yes 25th and usually turkey. Presents under tree. My mum does a superb spread and bros and sis and families all will be there. It’s
    possibly going to be a white Xmas so should be fun for kids.

• 237 Ian Toon // Dec 8, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Jesper- Going to a old school carol concert tonight. I am only going for the mince pies and mulled wine.
    Goodnight all.

• 238 Thump // Dec 8, 2012 at 7:11 PM

@jesper: Most of the Geordie dialect comes directly from Nordic languages. Hyem, bairn – even “Toon” is a barstewardisation of the Nordic “Tun” (or is it ‘ton’… I can never remember!)

• 239 Thump // Dec 8, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Google informs me I was right the first time with “tun”, only with an accented “u” (t?n). Apparently it’s a barstewardisation of a barstewardisation. Interesting!

• 240 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 8, 2012 at 7:14 PM

It’s great to hear how we spend Xmas differently :)

…we go to church late in the afternoon and come back to have Christmas dinner on the 24th. Christmas dinner are usually Duck. After that we have dessert ‘ris à l’amande’ and who ever gets the almond gets a present.

The ‘ris à l’amande’ is served with cherry sauce and either a Cherry wine or Port wine.

Then it’s the whole ‘rocking around the Christmas tree thing’ and presents :)

On the 25th we mostly relax and some have Xmas lunch with friends and family :)

• 241 Thump // Dec 8, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Ah bugger the accented “u” haha

• 242 tequilamag // Dec 8, 2012 at 7:17 PM

All of the placenames with a by on the end are from Vikings influences ie Whitby Rugby or Brondby

• 243 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 8, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Thump…that is true :)

…found a page once with a bunch of words that sounded danish :) (and it was Geordie) lol

• 244 tequilamag // Dec 8, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Jesper one of my mates wife is Danish, I am sure they said they have some really appalling fish dish on Xmas Eve but I can`t remember what it is called..

• 245 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 8, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Ian…I have no idea what ‘spread and bros’ is :D

…I know what plum cake is though! lol

• 246 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 8, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Tequila….’by’ means town :)

• 247 Jail for Ashley // Dec 8, 2012 at 7:23 PM

My cousin worked with a Dutch girl once and when I asked her where she was from she said Denmark, she’s a hairdresser btw.

• 248 davis_toons // Dec 8, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Graeme // Dec 8, 2012 at 11:57 AM

ANS: They have been there done that and still trying.
    Enough of Chelsea. How abt Us, Newcastle Utd?

• 249 Blaydon-Toon // Dec 8, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Jesper bro is short for brother and a spread is a term we use for a table of assorted food !

• 250 davis_toons // Dec 8, 2012 at 7:28 PM

The older guys have have been waiting and some ald pass on while waiting for us to play in a Final of Any Competition, how long was that ago? Have we Won any thing?

That’s bottom-line.

• 251 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 8, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Tequila…we have our Christmas lunch here in DK on the 25th or 26th and it is a cold table with different dishes. One is herring on rye bread (maybe that’s what you are forgetting?)

The Xmas lunch is an institution on it own merits here in DK. :D the beer, Schnapps and great eat (it is really hard to explain)

• 252 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 8, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Blaydon…I got that one mixed up didn’t I :D lol

JFA…that girl is one very confused girl :) (being Dutch she should be from Holland and not Denmark ;))

• 253 tequilamag // Dec 8, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Is Lukefisk eaten at Xmas ?

• 254 tequilamag // Dec 8, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Sorry Lutefisk

• 255 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 8, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Tequila…no! and what is that? :D

• 256 Blaydon-Toon // Dec 8, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Jesper your command and understanding of the English language and dialect is very impressive … Have to say IRS slightly better than mine :-)

• 257 Blaydon-Toon // Dec 8, 2012 at 7:36 PM

IRS should be its !

• 258 tequilamag // Dec 8, 2012 at 7:37 PM

It`s a dried whitefish, normally Cod, prepared with Lye. Supposed to be quite pungent.

• 259 Jail for Ashley // Dec 8, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Jesper,
    I told the same girl that the holocaust was a ghost that threw things around when she asked about a documentary that was coming on.

• 260 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 8, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Tequila…’Lutefisk’ is a Norwegian eating. The also eat it in Sweden where it’s called ‘Lutfisk’. We don’t eat it here in DK (it’s called ‘Ludfisk’ in Danish though)

Blaydon…thank you very much :D (you make me blush)

JFA…she most be one of them ‘special girls’ ;) lol. Don’t give her a hard time it’s not her fault!

• 261 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 8, 2012 at 7:45 PM

*The = They

• 262 Jail for Ashley // Dec 8, 2012 at 7:47 PM

I once told her that the council fined you for throwing away milk bottles and when I went round to her house about a month later her airing cupboard had about thirty milk bottles stacked up in it :D

• 263 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 8, 2012 at 7:48 PM

JFA…you are just having fun with her aren’t you :D lol

…so she’s not the sharpest tool in shed (be nice will you; she cannot help it)

…it is fun though!

• 264 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 8, 2012 at 7:52 PM

JFA…so truth to be told you cannot be sure if she in fact is from Denmark or Holland can you? ;)

…you know she says she’s Dutch, but that she’s from Denmark!!! Very contradicting stuff there.

Ask her what’s the name of the capital of Denmark (if she replies ‘Denmark! ain’t that a highway to Sweden’, then you know something is wrong)

Disclaimer: That’s just a silly joke here in Scandinavia

• 265 Jail for Ashley // Dec 8, 2012 at 7:53 PM

We rang her up once pretending to be the council and that she would be evicted if she didn’t future the grass in her front garden and when we got there she was in the garden with a pair of scissors :D

• 266 Jail for Ashley // Dec 8, 2012 at 7:54 PM

? Cut the grass

• 267 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 8, 2012 at 7:59 PM

The girl is definitely special (is she easy on the eye?) ;)

…it always help you know! lol

• 268 Big Pappa Cissé // Dec 8, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Guys I have a confession. After Sunderlands 3-1 defeat today and relegation looming I am really starting to feel sorry for Martin “Prawn eyes” O’neil and think we should all give our support to Sunderland and end the bitter rivalry.

NOT HAHAHAHAH :) , they deserve all the sh*t they get ;)

• 269 Ketsbaia9 // Dec 8, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Anton Ferdinand’s miles ahead of Williamson. Fabio is miles better than Simpson.

• 270 Gateshead-Mag // Dec 8, 2012 at 8:18 PM

big pappa cisse

you had is going there for a second you little rapscallion!! hahahaha

kets

tbh i would rate them pretty similarly couldnt care for them more than what wev already got, aim a bit higher kid

• 271 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 8, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Kets
    Fabios a lb though i admit i havent seen much of simmo at lb but thats a bold statement
    Ferdinand is not “miles” better than wilo and hes a filthy ex mackem scum bag so should never ever ever ever even be suggested to play for the toon

• 272 Graeme // Dec 8, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Pappa, I’m highly impressed with Agent O,Neil; he has achieved so much in such a short space of time. I believe he must be due a revision of his Christmas bonus in light of the achievement reached today.

He is well ahead of his target of bottom 3 in March – with this level of progress he could well surpass Agent Bruce on the all star Agents Board Role of Honour!!

• 273 Ketsbaia9 // Dec 8, 2012 at 8:21 PM

They’re all not good enough for us.

• 274 Blaydon-Toon // Dec 8, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Kets the only played that would get in our Side is Junior Hoilette think he would have been a great addition but not really set the world alight this year …

• 275 Big Pappa Cissé // Dec 8, 2012 at 8:31 PM

@ Blaydon

I would have Tarabt and Hoilett from QPR to be honest like

• 276 Tsunki // Dec 8, 2012 at 9:28 PM

see post 82

Good night all.

• 277 wreker16 // Dec 8, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Simpson over fabio anyday

• 278 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 8, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Just to clarify on something – being on a high horse suits me the best, I look good on them, like a knight. Ruddy and Ian can argue between themselves, who’s going to be the back/front ends.

• 279 wreker16 // Dec 8, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Real ruddy would have to be the front, far more dignified.

• 280 jimmysmith // Dec 8, 2012 at 9:52 PM

I note that forever Blunderland are now in the bottom 3. God forbid they go down. That’s the problem with the Mackems, downright shiftless. They can’t even be relied upon to be there to fulfill their fundamental role as whipping boys. Makes me despise them all the more. Atrocious!

• 281 Catchy In Straight Jacket // Dec 8, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Why has no one knocked down fake ruddy and reversed back over him.

• 282 Graeme // Dec 8, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Jimmy, just be content in the knowledge that its 3 points for us when we play them at SJP before they tumble into the nether regions of the lower leagues.

Also be thankful you will never see one in Milan when we get there in the New Year!!

• 283 tequilamag // Dec 8, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Not looking good for catchys crusade

• 284 Jail for Ashley // Dec 8, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Tequila,
    I would say that’s a fair representation of this blog as well.

• 285 tequilamag // Dec 8, 2012 at 11:14 PM

JFA except after a loss.
    Cazorla should get a ban for that dive.

• 286 nick_9 // Dec 9, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Conversation is flow tonight by the looks of it. Anyone see the Arsenal West Brom highlights? Big slice of fortune for Arsenal, firstly the dive for the penalty and then the ref not giving a foul in the build up to the second penalty. Mackems looked pretty dire but Johnson looked lively.

That questionnaire seems like a fair view. The fans who answered seem to recognise that we didnt strengthen enough in the window and Pardew shouldn’t necessarily be held fully accountable for that even though he is meant to be the one knocking the door down for signings. I am all for consistency if the signs are right so if Pardew is allowed a few more signings lets see how we get on. If we can cut out the silly errors in defense and cut out giving away possession easily by hoofing then we should look a much better side. The lack of movement and drive in the side is absent, stick benny in the middle against lesser teams and who needs movement with that kid in the team? he will dribble the ball around the opposition, leave it at your feet and then run into space. 50-60% of fans answered that he is the player they would least like to see leave, agree with that because he is the hardest to replace like for like. Nearest player i have seen to hba in this league is hazard and what did he cost? lots!! Keep him happy and do not sell him.

• 287 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 9, 2012 at 7:48 AM

Morning lads!

…I think Pardew is only being held accountable for what he says publicly and what he does on the field (his actions speaks louder than words).

The expectations this season was top 8 (some want more other will settle for less) and Pardew thought our current squad was good enough for that.

Now injuries has not been nice to him and even though most of us will agree we should have signed 2 or 3 more players (mainly the boards fault) one gotta wonder what Pardew told the board cause he told us he was happy with what he got.

Now that is something you can meassure because those were his exact words and he should be made accountable for that!

• 288 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 9, 2012 at 7:55 AM

Those of you who got kids, how come you get to sleep in late? :-(

…I am jealous!