Ben Arfa – I Love The City – I Love The Fans – I Feel Loved

There’s a bit of a love fest that’s been going on between a certain French maestro – Hatem Ben Arfa at Newcastle – and the Geordie fans, and it seems the admiration goes both ways.

Hatem Ben Arfa against Liverpool

Ever since he first arrived at Newcastle from Marseilles, when he took a secret visit to Newcastle to try to push through a loan move, there’s been a mutual admiration society formed between the French wizard and the Newcastle fans.

And this is what the French international told the Independent today:

“I feel very happy in Newcastle, I feel welcome, I feel loved here. I love the city. I love it when the fans come to meet me,” “This is the most confident I have been given in my career and I want to do well for the club and the fans.”

“I have realized that it is 30 percent talent and the rest is hard work. Here in the Premier League you have to be very strong first. After that you can play.” “You’re in hospital and in pain, and you see football on the television – it is very difficult.”

“But I learned from it as well.” “I think there is a reason I had that experience, maybe to learn more. I am happy to have had that experience today – but not then. I can be philosophical about it now.”

“Against Liverpool, in the first 30 minutes, I lost every ball. When I was younger, if that had happened after 30 minutes, I would have lost confidence. Now, I keep going, it is my responsibility.”

And when Ben Arfa first arrived at Newcastle, he knew all about the club and it’s great history, and all about the Geordie fans, and he made it very clear he wanted to play in front of those fans at St. James’ Park.

And it seems one of the reasons the French international has been in such sparkling form for Newcastle since he arrived on the banks of the River Tyne, is that he is inspired by the fans – who just love the lad.

It’s a match made in heaven – and long may it continue.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• tiotal football

Dec 10, 2012 at 11:33 AM

hoping he has a stormer tonight

going to my first game in years tonight so hoping for 3 points (despite how naive that may be with our form recently)

• Indian Magpie

Dec 10, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Reading between the lines LOL

• Rotonda heights

Dec 10, 2012 at 11:34 AM

It’s hilarious. Of all Pardew’s excuses, closing open training sessions in fear of other teams knowing what his tactics will be. You couldn’t make it up. As someone said he only has one1!!!!

Guardiola and Mourinho would have been lynched if they closed sessions to the public.

• GEORDIE69

Dec 10, 2012 at 11:40 AM

That’s because you are loved Wor Ben. Now get oot on that pitch and do Fulham.

• tiotal football

Dec 10, 2012 at 11:43 AM

as long as Sammy Ameobi doesn’t make a cameo to try and salvage something from the game I’ll be fine

as much as I enjoy the novelty of having the Ameobi’s in the squad, Sammy is even lazier than Shola and his odd moment of “brilliance” doesn’t componsate for the rest of his time spent not tracking back and not marking properly on set pieces etc

• Blaydon-Toon

Dec 10, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Enjoy the game Tiotal … I went to my first home game against Wigan this season and look what happened I’m officially handing you the lucky mascot to take to the game so we had better win 🙂

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Dec 10, 2012 at 11:49 AM

• Graeme

Dec 10, 2012 at 11:51 AM

WOW – a whole article on HBA and “Mercurial” doesn’t appear anywhere!! Ed, you’re slipping lol

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 10, 2012 at 12:26 PM

I hope Im wrong but I see a 17M bid from Arsenal for our mercurial Frenchman being accepted,it doesn’t look like Walcott will be staying so Benny would be a more than ample replacement.

• hatem786

Dec 10, 2012 at 12:38 PM

“Against Liverpool, in the first 30 minutes, I lost every ball,” he says, animatedly. “Everyone was saying, ‘What are you doing?’ and the gaffer was thinking, ‘What’s going on?’ When I was younger, if that had happened after 30 minutes, I would have lost confidence. I would have gone in my shell. Now, I keep going, it is my responsibility.

“I had to keep going, and then tick, tick. The ball came to me. I went past Jose Enrique, crossed to Yohan [Cabaye] and we scored.”

Tick, tick………hahaha

• Transfer Sage

Dec 10, 2012 at 12:39 PM

jail

ben arfa would be perfect for arsenal….he is twice as good as anyone they have in that position and probably better than any in their side

any reason why 17mil? or just a number you think fits?

• Transfer Sage

Dec 10, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Rotonda

I imagine scout reports against us just read.

Let them hoof it long and then win the header as their front players don’t.

Target the right had side of their defence

Close down cisse and Ba when within 30 yards of goal

Do not let Ben arfa have the ball more than 10 seconds or we concede haha

• Transfer Sage

Dec 10, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Anyway my prediction is 2-1 Newcastle including a Ben arfa mazy run special

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 10, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Transfer,
    I think 17M because,this we don’t sell cheap policy I think bit them on the arse last window,Dirk Dastardly is so out of touch in the football world I think he thought that because Andy Carroll was sold at a ridiculously high fee because he was such a bad ass negotiator that he could do the same with everyone else,and having turned down a sizeable bid for Tiote Mikes probably reamed him for that,so if 17M comes in for a player we paid 4 or 5 for comes in he’ll be gone.

• Transfer Sage

Dec 10, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Jail

Possibly, we will see.

In fairness to Ashley he seems to sell well.

35 Carroll was good

4 and 7 for Nolan and Enrique was good as their contracts were running low.

I don’t think he has had many bad sales in terms of value.

That’s the one thing he has going.

For me benny won’t go for under 20.

• Tsunki

Dec 10, 2012 at 12:59 PM

I’m with the Sagester on the scoreline and hopefully hatem is due a wonder performance.

When is Debuchy arriving again?

• Nufc-83

Dec 10, 2012 at 1:03 PM

We’ve put a new resilience in the team.” “I don’t care if Hatem’s fit or not, he needs to come in and understand there’s a different look to the team.”

Does anyone else thinks that harsh words by pards. Hatem has been one of the stand out players in the team and we have missed his magic big time. For me he needs to come in and keep doing exactly what he was doing before he got injured thats a terrible shout pards imo.

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 10, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Transfer,
    I hope not as he’s the only real creative player in the team and a huge blow to the fans if he went,can’t argue with the sale of Enrique as he was going anyway,I wasn’t to fused about Nolan more pi$$ed off that a club captain was allowed to leave,and in hindsight he would have been excellent to keep on and with the amount of time Cabaye and Tiote spend out he would have had a load of game time,I think Nolan has kept a very dignified silence at what went on behind the scenes back then.

• Tsunki

Dec 10, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Hatem786 – I don’t thinl people appreciate how players like HBA work – they do lose possession, but as long as they are well supported, they usually find the key to unlock a defense and even the most dogged one only needs to be broken through once, as long as we can hold tight that is.

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 10, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Transfer,
    I forgot to mention that I think they messed up on the value of Tiote and are now kicking themselves that they didn’t accept,what I think was an 18M bid from Chelsea and a 12M bid fro Man U.

• catchy in norway

Dec 10, 2012 at 1:10 PM

we need a win full stop,, a point wont do at all, the games after are not easy games, infact i dont see us picking up another point until jan 19th v norwich, and even that will be hard against CH

QPR have fulham at home next then us, there looking better and scoring goals,,

the future is not looking bright 🙁

man u man c and ars then everton,,

thems hard matches 🙁

• catchy in norway

Dec 10, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Tsunki

debuchy said 2 weeks ago, he will not move in jan,

• Nufc-83

Dec 10, 2012 at 1:12 PM

I dont believe we will be able to keep benny in the long run. A team such as city, united or chelsea is where he should be playing and i honestly wouldn’t swap benny for mata, hazard, silva etc and i know that is a huge statement but i think if you put him in a team like that and allow him the freedom them players have he would be so deadly. For us he is often double marked because teams know we have little else in terms of creativity but at a top team if they covered him with extra players they would be ripped apart by the likes of silva hazard mata etc who would have extra space.

• Transfer Sage

Dec 10, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Catchy

He is hardly going to say he wants to leave in jan.

He said that in the summer and it backfired on him

• catchy in norway

Dec 10, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Transfer Sage

you can never say never, esp in football, im just saying wht he sid to the press

he made it clear in the sommer what he wanted, so no reason not to believe him

on fulham

there form is as band as ours right now, so flick a coin

• Transfer Sage

Dec 10, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Catchy

I think he knows we aren’t willin to pay any price so he doesn’t want to say that again and be the villain with his own fans twice in a season or burn bridges with the manager if we don’t stump up the cash

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 10, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Nufc 83
    Are you the guy who wouldn’t stop on the jimmymagpie thing.
    HBA belongs at a better club,well its attitudes like that ,that has Dirk Dastardly and Mashley putting us firmly in our place.

• Transfer Sage

Dec 10, 2012 at 1:34 PM

jail

what did he say on the jimmy magpie thing?

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 10, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Transfer,
    Not sure if it was him or another nufc-???

• Nufc-83

Dec 10, 2012 at 1:37 PM

JFA im not sure- i made my feelings clear and people continued to bring it up so I certainly stopped but was responding to criticism i got for my suggestion.

At the end of the day whether we like it or not man u chelsea and city are bigger clubs than us and will be playing in the larger competitions so if i believe that one of our players is good enough and deseves to be playing at that level then so be it i dont think that is putting us down. I would love it if we could hold onto benny and continue to bring players in of similar ability so we can compete for the title but realistically that aint gonna happen anytime soon especially with the current board.

• Transfer Sage

Dec 10, 2012 at 1:39 PM

jail

what was said? whether it was him or not?

just one of the few who kept putting him down and rubbishing his info?

• Nufc-83

Dec 10, 2012 at 1:39 PM

I said Transfer that for me it was clearly a hoax but do we really want to start all this again as it is clearly you guys who cant stop bringing it up.

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 10, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Transfer,
    The guy that persisted on the jimmymagpie memorial thread that it was a hoax along with the departed cupidstunt.

• Nufc-83

Dec 10, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Ye well it wasn’t meant to be on that thread i just followed the conversation so to speak and didn’t realise. I then asked for my comments to be deleted from that thread.

• Transfer Sage

Dec 10, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Jail

I missed all this you see…just found out last week about jimmy. Can’t understand why people would say that but not going to bring up stuff that was previously covered.

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 10, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Transfer, I don’t know if you were about at the time but it was totally unnecessary and thoughts where football is not concerned should be sometimes kept to themselves, the fact that he is still trying to justify himself shows what type of bloke he is.

• Nufc-83

Dec 10, 2012 at 1:48 PM

lol transfer i have reasons and feel like responding but im sure if i do it will start all the crap off again and cba.

• Nufc-83

Dec 10, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Oh well im not on here to win gentelman of the year award and couldnt give a toss tbh.

• bills-son

Dec 10, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Nufc-83,

You might not be on here to win the gentleman of the year award but me, Ashley and Jail are.

Must check how the poll is going… last time I looked Jail had 0.000000089% of the vote.

• Transfer Sage

Dec 10, 2012 at 1:59 PM

just had a read of it all…bit tasteless, negative opinions could be left off a thread like that whether you believe it is real or not.

if you cant say anything nice dont say anything at all could never have been more appropriate.

I personally wouldn’t get people to inform you if i passed away but I know a lot of people of older generations like ‘everything’ to be sorted and informed in those cicumstances.

Anyway nothing to be gained by covering this.

1 2 3 5