The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Ben Arfa – I Love The City – I Love The Fans – I Feel Loved

11:29 am, Monday, December 10th, 2012 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 196 Comments

There’s a bit of a love fest that’s been going on between a certain French maestro – Hatem Ben Arfa at Newcastle – and the Geordie fans, and it seems the admiration goes both ways.

Hatem Ben Arfa against Liverpool

Ever since he first arrived at Newcastle from Marseilles, when he took a secret visit to Newcastle to try to push through a loan move, there’s been a mutual admiration society formed between the French wizard and the Newcastle fans.

And this is what the French international told the Independent today:

“I feel very happy in Newcastle, I feel welcome, I feel loved here. I love the city. I love it when the fans come to meet me,” “This is the most confident I have been given in my career and I want to do well for the club and the fans.”

“I have realized that it is 30 percent talent and the rest is hard work. Here in the Premier League you have to be very strong first. After that you can play.” “You’re in hospital and in pain, and you see football on the television – it is very difficult.”

“But I learned from it as well.” “I think there is a reason I had that experience, maybe to learn more. I am happy to have had that experience today – but not then. I can be philosophical about it now.”

“Against Liverpool, in the first 30 minutes, I lost every ball. When I was younger, if that had happened after 30 minutes, I would have lost confidence. Now, I keep going, it is my responsibility.”

And when Ben Arfa first arrived at Newcastle, he knew all about the club and it’s great history, and all about the Geordie fans, and he made it very clear he wanted to play in front of those fans at St. James’ Park.

And it seems one of the reasons the French international has been in such sparkling form for Newcastle since he arrived on the banks of the River Tyne, is that he is inspired by the fans – who just love the lad.

It’s a match made in heaven – and long may it continue.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Hatem Ben Arfa · Newcastle News

196 responses so far ↓

• 1 tiotal football // Dec 10, 2012 at 11:33 AM

hoping he has a stormer tonight

going to my first game in years tonight so hoping for 3 points (despite how naive that may be with our form recently)

• 2 Indian Magpie // Dec 10, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Reading between the lines LOL

• 3 Rotonda heights // Dec 10, 2012 at 11:34 AM

It’s hilarious. Of all Pardew’s excuses, closing open training sessions in fear of other teams knowing what his tactics will be. You couldn’t make it up. As someone said he only has one1!!!!

Guardiola and Mourinho would have been lynched if they closed sessions to the public.

• 4 GEORDIE69 // Dec 10, 2012 at 11:40 AM

That’s because you are loved Wor Ben. Now get oot on that pitch and do Fulham.

• 5 tiotal football // Dec 10, 2012 at 11:43 AM

as long as Sammy Ameobi doesn’t make a cameo to try and salvage something from the game I’ll be fine

as much as I enjoy the novelty of having the Ameobi’s in the squad, Sammy is even lazier than Shola and his odd moment of “brilliance” doesn’t componsate for the rest of his time spent not tracking back and not marking properly on set pieces etc

• 6 Blaydon-Toon // Dec 10, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Enjoy the game Tiotal … I went to my first home game against Wigan this season and look what happened I’m officially handing you the lucky mascot to take to the game so we had better win :-)

• 7 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 10, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Ibiza…I do apologies :) lol

• 8 Graeme // Dec 10, 2012 at 11:51 AM

WOW – a whole article on HBA and “Mercurial” doesn’t appear anywhere!! Ed, you’re slipping lol

• 9 Jail for Ashley // Dec 10, 2012 at 12:26 PM

I hope Im wrong but I see a 17M bid from Arsenal for our mercurial Frenchman being accepted,it doesn’t look like Walcott will be staying so Benny would be a more than ample replacement.

• 10 hatem786 // Dec 10, 2012 at 12:38 PM

“Against Liverpool, in the first 30 minutes, I lost every ball,” he says, animatedly. “Everyone was saying, ‘What are you doing?’ and the gaffer was thinking, ‘What’s going on?’ When I was younger, if that had happened after 30 minutes, I would have lost confidence. I would have gone in my shell. Now, I keep going, it is my responsibility.

“I had to keep going, and then tick, tick. The ball came to me. I went past Jose Enrique, crossed to Yohan [Cabaye] and we scored.”

Tick, tick………hahaha

• 11 Transfer Sage // Dec 10, 2012 at 12:39 PM

jail

ben arfa would be perfect for arsenal….he is twice as good as anyone they have in that position and probably better than any in their side

any reason why 17mil? or just a number you think fits?

• 12 Transfer Sage // Dec 10, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Rotonda

I imagine scout reports against us just read.

Let them hoof it long and then win the header as their front players don’t.

Target the right had side of their defence

Close down cisse and Ba when within 30 yards of goal

Do not let Ben arfa have the ball more than 10 seconds or we concede haha

• 13 Transfer Sage // Dec 10, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Anyway my prediction is 2-1 Newcastle including a Ben arfa mazy run special

• 14 Jail for Ashley // Dec 10, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Transfer,
    I think 17M because,this we don’t sell cheap policy I think bit them on the arse last window,Dirk Dastardly is so out of touch in the football world I think he thought that because Andy Carroll was sold at a ridiculously high fee because he was such a bad ass negotiator that he could do the same with everyone else,and having turned down a sizeable bid for Tiote Mikes probably reamed him for that,so if 17M comes in for a player we paid 4 or 5 for comes in he’ll be gone.

• 15 Transfer Sage // Dec 10, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Jail

Possibly, we will see.

In fairness to Ashley he seems to sell well.

35 Carroll was good

4 and 7 for Nolan and Enrique was good as their contracts were running low.

I don’t think he has had many bad sales in terms of value.

That’s the one thing he has going.

For me benny won’t go for under 20.

• 16 Tsunki // Dec 10, 2012 at 12:59 PM

I’m with the Sagester on the scoreline and hopefully hatem is due a wonder performance.

When is Debuchy arriving again?

• 17 Nufc-83 // Dec 10, 2012 at 1:03 PM

We’ve put a new resilience in the team.” “I don’t care if Hatem’s fit or not, he needs to come in and understand there’s a different look to the team.”

Does anyone else thinks that harsh words by pards. Hatem has been one of the stand out players in the team and we have missed his magic big time. For me he needs to come in and keep doing exactly what he was doing before he got injured thats a terrible shout pards imo.

• 18 Jail for Ashley // Dec 10, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Transfer,
    I hope not as he’s the only real creative player in the team and a huge blow to the fans if he went,can’t argue with the sale of Enrique as he was going anyway,I wasn’t to fused about Nolan more pi$$ed off that a club captain was allowed to leave,and in hindsight he would have been excellent to keep on and with the amount of time Cabaye and Tiote spend out he would have had a load of game time,I think Nolan has kept a very dignified silence at what went on behind the scenes back then.

• 19 Tsunki // Dec 10, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Hatem786 – I don’t thinl people appreciate how players like HBA work – they do lose possession, but as long as they are well supported, they usually find the key to unlock a defense and even the most dogged one only needs to be broken through once, as long as we can hold tight that is.

• 20 Jail for Ashley // Dec 10, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Transfer,
    I forgot to mention that I think they messed up on the value of Tiote and are now kicking themselves that they didn’t accept,what I think was an 18M bid from Chelsea and a 12M bid fro Man U.

• 21 catchy in norway // Dec 10, 2012 at 1:10 PM

we need a win full stop,, a point wont do at all, the games after are not easy games, infact i dont see us picking up another point until jan 19th v norwich, and even that will be hard against CH

QPR have fulham at home next then us, there looking better and scoring goals,,

the future is not looking bright :(

man u man c and ars then everton,,

thems hard matches :(

• 22 catchy in norway // Dec 10, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Tsunki

debuchy said 2 weeks ago, he will not move in jan,

• 23 Nufc-83 // Dec 10, 2012 at 1:12 PM

I dont believe we will be able to keep benny in the long run. A team such as city, united or chelsea is where he should be playing and i honestly wouldn’t swap benny for mata, hazard, silva etc and i know that is a huge statement but i think if you put him in a team like that and allow him the freedom them players have he would be so deadly. For us he is often double marked because teams know we have little else in terms of creativity but at a top team if they covered him with extra players they would be ripped apart by the likes of silva hazard mata etc who would have extra space.

• 24 Transfer Sage // Dec 10, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Catchy

He is hardly going to say he wants to leave in jan.

He said that in the summer and it backfired on him

• 25 catchy in norway // Dec 10, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Transfer Sage

you can never say never, esp in football, im just saying wht he sid to the press

he made it clear in the sommer what he wanted, so no reason not to believe him

on fulham

there form is as band as ours right now, so flick a coin

• 26 Transfer Sage // Dec 10, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Catchy

I think he knows we aren’t willin to pay any price so he doesn’t want to say that again and be the villain with his own fans twice in a season or burn bridges with the manager if we don’t stump up the cash

• 27 Jail for Ashley // Dec 10, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Nufc 83
    Are you the guy who wouldn’t stop on the jimmymagpie thing.
    HBA belongs at a better club,well its attitudes like that ,that has Dirk Dastardly and Mashley putting us firmly in our place.

• 28 Transfer Sage // Dec 10, 2012 at 1:34 PM

jail

what did he say on the jimmy magpie thing?

• 29 Jail for Ashley // Dec 10, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Transfer,
    Not sure if it was him or another nufc-???

• 30 Nufc-83 // Dec 10, 2012 at 1:37 PM

JFA im not sure- i made my feelings clear and people continued to bring it up so I certainly stopped but was responding to criticism i got for my suggestion.

At the end of the day whether we like it or not man u chelsea and city are bigger clubs than us and will be playing in the larger competitions so if i believe that one of our players is good enough and deseves to be playing at that level then so be it i dont think that is putting us down. I would love it if we could hold onto benny and continue to bring players in of similar ability so we can compete for the title but realistically that aint gonna happen anytime soon especially with the current board.

• 31 Transfer Sage // Dec 10, 2012 at 1:39 PM

jail

what was said? whether it was him or not?

just one of the few who kept putting him down and rubbishing his info?

• 32 Nufc-83 // Dec 10, 2012 at 1:39 PM

I said Transfer that for me it was clearly a hoax but do we really want to start all this again as it is clearly you guys who cant stop bringing it up.

• 33 Jail for Ashley // Dec 10, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Transfer,
    The guy that persisted on the jimmymagpie memorial thread that it was a hoax along with the departed cupidstunt.

• 34 Nufc-83 // Dec 10, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Ye well it wasn’t meant to be on that thread i just followed the conversation so to speak and didn’t realise. I then asked for my comments to be deleted from that thread.

• 35 Transfer Sage // Dec 10, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Jail

I missed all this you see…just found out last week about jimmy. Can’t understand why people would say that but not going to bring up stuff that was previously covered.

• 36 Jail for Ashley // Dec 10, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Transfer, I don’t know if you were about at the time but it was totally unnecessary and thoughts where football is not concerned should be sometimes kept to themselves, the fact that he is still trying to justify himself shows what type of bloke he is.

• 37 Nufc-83 // Dec 10, 2012 at 1:48 PM

lol transfer i have reasons and feel like responding but im sure if i do it will start all the crap off again and cba.

• 38 Nufc-83 // Dec 10, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Oh well im not on here to win gentelman of the year award and couldnt give a toss tbh.

• 39 bills-son // Dec 10, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Nufc-83,

You might not be on here to win the gentleman of the year award but me, Ashley and Jail are.

Must check how the poll is going… last time I looked Jail had 0.000000089% of the vote.

• 40 Transfer Sage // Dec 10, 2012 at 1:59 PM

just had a read of it all…bit tasteless, negative opinions could be left off a thread like that whether you believe it is real or not.

if you cant say anything nice dont say anything at all could never have been more appropriate.

I personally wouldn’t get people to inform you if i passed away but I know a lot of people of older generations like ‘everything’ to be sorted and informed in those cicumstances.

Anyway nothing to be gained by covering this.

• 41 Jail for Ashley // Dec 10, 2012 at 1:59 PM

:Dafternoon bills.

• 42 Transfer Sage // Dec 10, 2012 at 2:01 PM

jail

I know people don’t believe the stuff I post here…and I always stress its more internal rumour and educated guessing from a friend that actual nailed on guarantees but from what I have heard Ashley will really open the cheque book in january.

Not saying 50 mil but expect us to spend 15-20 bringing in 3-4 players. Thats the talk anyway…like i say nothing definite

• 43 WWYCD // Dec 10, 2012 at 2:02 PM

JfA
    Howay HBA deserves to be at a better club? Nar he belongs with us inconsistant, moody and u never know what’s going to happen next sounds a good fit to me

Seriously though he needs to be at a club who love him but aren’t soft on him, our fans roar him regardless of what he does and out management keep his feet on the ground. City pull their underperformers off, Arsenal wrap theirs in cotton wool, Chelsea ignore there’s and Man Utd don’t accept attitude issues kindly other than that who really a step up from us?

• 44 t00ntime // Dec 10, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Why do people think AP is going to change our tactics? not sure if i missed an interview or something, but the one i saw (read) he said “we have a new drive, ben arfa has to too” (or sumthinglike that). Or is it cause he boarded up the training ground? Or are we just hoping he changes? Lol

• 45 Jail for Ashley // Dec 10, 2012 at 2:06 PM

I’d be more than happy with even 15M if nobody left and would be appeased with the sale of Tiote if ALL the money was reinvested.

• 46 Jail for Ashley // Dec 10, 2012 at 2:11 PM

WW…
    I think we could be a club fitting for a talent like him, we’ve never had a problem attracting top players before now shouldn’t be any different.

• 47 Transfer Sage // Dec 10, 2012 at 2:11 PM

jail

whislt i never want to see good players go I agree with that.

I think clubs like spurs and everton have sold but invested pretty well in bringing in players of equal quality but at a lower fee.

I think unless you are super rich as a club you can’t afford to fear selling to buy providing the monye is invested back quickly not dripped in over 2 or 3 seasons

• 48 MacToon // Dec 10, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Hatem is the type of player who should have a team built around them and not end up as a bit part in another team such as Arsenal. Just my opinion.

• 49 Transfer Sage // Dec 10, 2012 at 2:16 PM

Mactoon

He would walk into the arsenal side I think.

And wenger is good at setting teams up around players, did it with viera, bergkamp, Henry, van persie.

But I would much prefer him to stay here.

• 50 WWYCD // Dec 10, 2012 at 2:17 PM

JfA
    And we will my friend haha have a bit of faith! And stop floggin our lads haha swear ave read u selling Ba, Cabs, HBA and now Tiote over the past few days…that’s Pardews jobs man not ours

I am of the opinion we don’t need to sell any of our blue chip players we need to intelligently invest rather than spend bugger all. Bargains are out there

• 51 ToonBano // Dec 10, 2012 at 2:17 PM

J’adore Benny.

Benny In The Hole This Eve…?

• 52 Jail for Ashley // Dec 10, 2012 at 2:21 PM

WW…
    Aye a bit o faith doesn’t go amiss, just getting a bit of pre window nerves shame it wasnt pre window excitement though.

• 53 Mister Tuff // Dec 10, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Well there seems to be a bit of intrigue about tonights game, with the training ground boarded up, Parsnip stating the team will be playing differently, Parsnip snapping that he does not care about Bennys’ fitness,
    further time to prepare, energy levels up, reports of purchases to be made in January plus Fulham not playing well.
    I wonder if they are going to produce something really new -tactics wise -cannot imagine the training ground boarded up just to practice set pieces.
    So good time to play Fulham -max points are a must. After watching the Manchester derby yesterday I cannot in all honesty see us getting a return when we play them.

• 54 Jail for Ashley // Dec 10, 2012 at 2:22 PM

WW…
    Ha ha, I have sold Benny, Ba and Tiote can’t remember selling Cabs though :D

• 55 Jail for Ashley // Dec 10, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Mister Tuff,
    It’s the unveiling of the red white and blue SD away kit.

• 56 Indian Magpie // Dec 10, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Guys,

An article i wrote.

• 57 WWYCD // Dec 10, 2012 at 2:27 PM

JfA
    As a fan base out faith is the one thing that’s never lost. Pre window jitters are rife atm but I doubt Ashley fancys sticking his hand in his pocket to cover another relegation. Top 10 is well within our grasp and maybe a cup run…far to optomistic for me I know but bored of being miserable

• 58 MacToon // Dec 10, 2012 at 2:27 PM

TS, you used to post as Rich_Toon?

I’m not sure about Wenger, it could go either way and Hatem could be another Walcott. Like I say it’s only my opinion.

• 59 Nufc-83 // Dec 10, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Lol at the end of the day if chelsea pay him 100k+ a week with the chance to play in chps league and win major titles i dont think he will mind the issues above so much.

• 60 WWYCD // Dec 10, 2012 at 2:30 PM

JfA
    Did u not say he’d be fit for sale on the 31st? May of confused ur post with someone elses though mate haha

• 61 Mister Tuff // Dec 10, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Jail – or a photo shoot of the new Wonga strip. I was hoping something along the lines of ——maybe playing Campbell -well that probably will not happen – will honestly be surprised if Parsnip does something totally new/out of the blue. Not long to wait to see if anything different is going to happen.

• 62 Transfer Sage // Dec 10, 2012 at 2:32 PM

mactoon

yeh

• 63 Jail for Ashley // Dec 10, 2012 at 2:34 PM

WW…
    I remember someone posting that but not guilty and that count of sellery.

• 64 Transfer Sage // Dec 10, 2012 at 2:34 PM

mister tuff

I managed to drill two holes in the boarding up and can confirm the surprise.

We will be playing 442 with williamson as the left cb instead of the right one.

• 65 Jail for Ashley // Dec 10, 2012 at 2:35 PM

on that count..

• 66 Jail for Ashley // Dec 10, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Transfer,
    Were you rich_toonfan ?

• 67 WWYCD // Dec 10, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Nufc-83
    I don’t think money is Benny’s main aim, might be niave in thinking it though, draw of CL is fair enough but I doubt any of those clubs would give him much private attention which he seems to be after

• 68 Indian Magpie // Dec 10, 2012 at 2:38 PM

JFA,

Yes he was

• 69 MacToon // Dec 10, 2012 at 2:38 PM

TS, lol another long time poster I thought had disappeared, nice to know you’re still about. I too hear alot from inside the club but never treat it as that reliable or news that is worthy of passing on here. Must say your general posts are much better than your inside information ;-)

• 70 WWYCD // Dec 10, 2012 at 2:38 PM

JfA
    In which case sorry mate…don’t let me catch u selling anymore though haha

• 71 Jail for Ashley // Dec 10, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Transfer,
    You used to be very pro Ashley, what’s changed your mind.

• 72 Jail for Ashley // Dec 10, 2012 at 2:41 PM

WW…
    Nope mate all sold out only interested in the buyers market come 1st of January.

• 73 Transfer Sage // Dec 10, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Jail

The lack of activity in the summer was a problem for me but the main issue was how we were totally focsed on youth so I could understand a slow building process but we then failed to get top academy status when boro and sunderland did.

I thought we had a good chance to have one really good window….3-4 first team signings which would cement us in the top ten and allow us to develop youth but it hasn’t worked.

• 74 Mister Tuff // Dec 10, 2012 at 2:44 PM

transfer @64 – my god so thats what is going to happen – that Parsnip is a master tactician , should fool the opposition –three points in the bag.

• 75 Transfer Sage // Dec 10, 2012 at 2:45 PM

mactoon

i just set up a new profile last jan to post the rumours i heard as I didn’t want them to interfere with my posts….had a busy january on here so kept this account.

I know my friend in the club isn’t privy to exact details but like to share what I hear.

• 76 Nufc-83 // Dec 10, 2012 at 2:52 PM

WWYCD i really do hope you are correct.

• 77 Nufc-83 // Dec 10, 2012 at 2:55 PM

If the team isnt as follows below i would be extremely suprised:

Krul
    Simpson wiiliamson colo santon
    HBA Tiote anita Guti
    Cisse ba

Guti should not be playing lm and marv will be benched so gutted for the lad.

• 78 Transfer Sage // Dec 10, 2012 at 3:01 PM

i expect this team tonight

krul
    simmo, wilo, colo, santon
    anita, tiote
    cisse, hba, marv
    ba

• 79 Nufc-83 // Dec 10, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Lol transfer i would love that team but i would be willing to bet my life that jonas will not be dropped.

• 80 Jail for Ashley // Dec 10, 2012 at 3:03 PM

TS,
    Can that academy status be upgraded or is it a time costly affair, makes you wonder what the money’s being spent on after the costly undersoil heating to keep all our players injury free has been taken into account.

• 81 Nufc-83 // Dec 10, 2012 at 3:05 PM

JFA we achieved the top status soon after as we made the changes to our system as soon as we did not get awarded it.

• 82 Rotonda heights // Dec 10, 2012 at 3:06 PM

For all pardews patter I’m pretty sure that is exactly what it will be too. It has been all season and pardew is hardly the adventurous, progressive type. He’s hardly pro-active and sadly not even re-active, hence our league position.

It’s like he will keep doing it this way no matter what and then just blame injuries but he played exactly the same when cabs, Tiote and Benny were all in the team. I find it very difficult to believe anything Pardew says and it’s funny when he always says ”well to be honest” !

• 83 Blaydon-Toon // Dec 10, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Would love this team tonight gk Krul RB Simmo CB Collo Perch lb Santon midfield HBA Mr t Anita Marv CF Ba Cisse

• 84 Jail for Ashley // Dec 10, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Do you think
    KRUL
    Simpson Perch Collocini Santon
    Anita Guti Tiote
    HBA Ba Marv
    Would work ?

• 85 Jail for Ashley // Dec 10, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Rotonda,
    Isn’t his saying and to be fair, not sure if he’s got the gall to use the word honest.

• 86 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 10, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Jail. @84….100% yes. Maybe HBA and Marv slightly withdrawn. In fact, I think I posted the same earlier but with Willo instead of Perch, but I can be convinced either way on that one.

• 87 Mister Tuff // Dec 10, 2012 at 3:14 PM

el comandante – that is not like you being convinced either way.

• 88 Jail for Ashley // Dec 10, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Ibiza,
    I’ve always stuck up for Willo but I think he needs to be brought out of the firing line his confidence seems shot to bits, but then again wasn’t it Perch and Collo who got tore to bits in the same fixture last year.

• 89 Nufc-83 // Dec 10, 2012 at 3:17 PM

This is totally off topic and nothing to do with newcastle just thought it may be interesting to football fans. This weekend i was in London for the Tingle creek meeting at sandown and i was with chelsea’s personal and lifestyle development coach. Basically he looks after the younger players and makes sure they are settling in ok etc. He said they have a young 15 or 16 year old french lad who he thinks will be one of the best players in the world he said they played Man u (think he was talking about u21s) and they were 3 0 down he come on and scored two and set up the 3rd. He said abramovich phoned him and said two questions: find out if his contract is watertight and when can we get him into the 1st team lol. He also said torres reckons Benitez is a good tachtician but a hates him as he has no man management skills. Apparently the place is terrible to work at with no atmosphere at all.

Anyway totally off topic i know.

• 90 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 10, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Mister…You’ve caught me out :) Can I change that to 90% then as I wouldn’t mind a 4-2-3-1 either?

Jail….Agree on Willo. Don’t have any bad feeling, he is what he is and tries. Perch at CB is hit and miss too, much prefer him in a CDM position that CB, but it’s not like we’re strong in that department.

• 91 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 10, 2012 at 3:18 PM

JFA
    Would lovd to see that team run out tonight!
    Defo think fulham are there for the taking but we need to turn up from the off bit gutted hangelands back for them :(

• 92 HullMag6 // Dec 10, 2012 at 3:19 PM

How about a contraversial 5-2-3.

Krul
    Santon
    Willo
    Collo
    Perchinho
    Fergie/Guru
    Tiote
    Anita
    Ben 10
    Marv
    Ba

• 93 Blaydon-Toon // Dec 10, 2012 at 3:24 PM

JFA I like that team also but very much doubt Pards will move away from 442 but if they have been working on a new system that would be great but to open for us away from home !

• 94 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 10, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Hull….Not sure we have enough of a complete squad to make that work well. I like the theory, just not sure what the result would be like with our personnel. A 5-2-3 takes a well drilled team imo, something we aren’t showing ourselves to be at the minute and I’d imagine it’d turn in to an ultra defensive line up with even less connecting our defense and attackers.

• 95 Nufc-83 // Dec 10, 2012 at 3:27 PM

I would agree ibiza. We dont have 2 decent cbs let alone having a formation where you need 3.

• 96 Transfer Sage // Dec 10, 2012 at 3:27 PM

nufc83

any idea of that players name

looked at under 21 and under 18s for chelsea and they havent played man utd this season….could it be younger age or last season?

• 97 Nufc-83 // Dec 10, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Havnt got a clue but yes it could have been last season. He also taked about a dutch Cb that looks like ruud gullit who plays Cb and is about 18. Reckons he will be a top top player.

• 98 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 10, 2012 at 3:30 PM

83….Yep, it seems a question of quality in the position, not sure adding more players to the mix solves it, it’d probably just work out worse. Not sure why, just a feeling. I imagine it would be like watching a monty python sketch.

• 99 jimiley // Dec 10, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Jonas will show his true colours tonite. I fancy him to set up a couple of goals and score one himself. Three nil to the Toon. Simples.

• 100 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 10, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Got to run. Catch you all later

• 101 Nufc-83 // Dec 10, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Lol sorry if that last post made little sense was distracted in work.

• 102 Big Pappa Cissé // Dec 10, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Don’t know why but I have a good feeling about tonight for some reason

• 103 catchy in norway // Dec 10, 2012 at 3:51 PM

it should be good tonight,,

his team will be
    krul
    ba, hba, jonas cisse
    williamson simpson santon colo
    jonas tiote

santon sitting deep, simpson play maker

mr T shooting on site

jonas blinded by his hair running in circles

to be fair on paper looks a good team

lmfao

• 104 HullMag6 // Dec 10, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Virgil van dijk ?

• 105 BelfastMagpie // Dec 10, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Full bogey ground, If Berbatov turns up I dont see us getting anything.

I really hope Marveaux isn’t dropped for Jonas.

• 106 Nufc-83 // Dec 10, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Demba Ba to score in a 1-0 win @ 50/1

Decent bet that!!!

• 107 Mister Tuff // Dec 10, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Transfer Sage -the name of the new Chelsea French schoolboy starlet is Jeremie Boga – game where he scored two was against Liverpool not Man U.

• 108 Nufc-83 // Dec 10, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Transfer ye that sounds like the one i had sank a few pints when i was chatting to him.

• 109 Novocastrian66 // Dec 10, 2012 at 4:26 PM

We owe Fulham after last season. Still find it hard to believe we lost never mind battered.

• 110 Magpies-till-d3ath // Dec 10, 2012 at 4:42 PM

A win tonight would really lift the lads and get the confidence high going into Saturday’s game against a vulnerable City team! After what Young did to them yesterday, I really struggle to even imagine what HBA could do! ;)

• 111 Krul Blow // Dec 10, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Can’t get vipbox.tv to work. Anyone got a link for tonight?

• 112 FatmanJoe // Dec 10, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Just about to leave – for the first time ever I’m sitting in the neutral part of the ground at craven cottage. Does anyone know if that is predominantly toon fans I.e. Will I get attacked wearing my Newcastle top?

• 113 Krul Blow // Dec 10, 2012 at 5:00 PM

vip box down. Anyone got a link for tonight?

• 114 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 10, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Krul…Take your pick

• 115 FatmanJoe // Dec 10, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Actually while I’m here; same question for emirates on the 29th. Never been but heard it’s a better ground than ‘library’

Arsenal and fulham fans aren’t known to be viscous but probably best not to rule up the locals by cheering amongst them!

• 116 BelfastMagpie // Dec 10, 2012 at 5:06 PM

It’s all so quiet…

• 117 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 10, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Fatman…Not a clue, but they’ll only be southern softies ;)

Belfast…Shhhh

• 118 Blaydon-Toon // Dec 10, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Fat man let’s hope you have something to cheer :-) your safety is not my concern but hope you cheer the toon on to victory and survive to tells us all about it :-)

• 119 BelfastMagpie // Dec 10, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Stop posting illegal links ibiza, or I’ll report you to the blog police.

• 120 Graeme // Dec 10, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Try http://www.thefirstrow.eu/

Usually pretty good, I have used it regularly

• 121 BelfastMagpie // Dec 10, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Fatman you myt get stabbed in the neck with a match program..

• 122 BelfastMagpie // Dec 10, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Or a mcdonalds straw.

• 123 catchy in norway // Dec 10, 2012 at 5:11 PM

You can also use frontrow or firstrow sport

The links will be on there

• 124 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 10, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Belfast……Talking of legalities, hows your venga bus case coming along?

• 125 BelfastMagpie // Dec 10, 2012 at 5:19 PM

I’m awating his/her return to the blog.
    Then im going to have it out with them.

• 126 Tsunki // Dec 10, 2012 at 5:20 PM

So is De buchy coming or nto?

Ok I will pack up with that now. Going for 2-0 or 2-1 to us tonight. As long as we don’t do that ludicous high line nonsense with the hoofing and spoor crossing and the williamson .. Gahey!

• 127 BelfastMagpie // Dec 10, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Jaws could be broken & somebody might even lose an eye.

• 128 Tsunki // Dec 10, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Sorry that was both spoor and ludicous.

• 129 ToonDownSouth // Dec 10, 2012 at 5:24 PM

If Jol has a brain, he’ll just play the same tactic he did last year against us.

Long balls in behind the defense, against the PL’s slowest CB pairing, and we’ll get battered.

Hopefully Pardew has had the nouse to learn from last time.

• 130 ToonDownSouth // Dec 10, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Fatman

Your fine to wear a toon top mate haha :)

• 131 BelfastMagpie // Dec 10, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Ano lets hope Perch comes in for Willo.

• 132 BelfastMagpie // Dec 10, 2012 at 5:31 PM

I think the last time we won at Craven Cottage fat sam was manager.

Full smash and grab, last min pen lol

• 133 archaeomag // Dec 10, 2012 at 5:32 PM

@TDS
    If I remember – 1st game
    When Ryan Taylor was playing LB Fulham kept attacking him – diagonals on his head or behind him.

• 134 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 10, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Belfast….Excellent. Something to stick around for then!

• 135 BelfastMagpie // Dec 10, 2012 at 5:38 PM

If all else fails Ibiza, I’ll probably just murder you.

• 136 Ian Magpie // Dec 10, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Hatem Ben Arfa in Retro Rap Video sensation lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24b6pYGT9MM

• 137 BelfastMagpie // Dec 10, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Or somebody random like Catchy.

• 138 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 10, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Belfast….Seems fair.

• 139 Graeme // Dec 10, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Havent the FA condemned random acts of violence since yesterday??

• 140 BelfastMagpie // Dec 10, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Cant see why anyone would want to murder Catchy like.. :-)

• 141 Tsunki // Dec 10, 2012 at 5:45 PM

So, someone trying out the old ‘neutral area’ nonsense eh? I have been wondering how that works. Best of.

Nah I am sure it will be borderline safe.nothing to worry about, just keep to the ‘no eye contact’ rule not to mention the ‘duck when you see a sharpened 50p spinning towards you’ rule and are you familiar with kevlar and those undercrackers F1 drivers wear?

• 142 Tsunki // Dec 10, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Belfast – heard of Alan Pardew? I think he’s the guy to do the murdering….

• 143 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 10, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Catchy…I would imagine he’s closer to taking his own life rather than someone murdering him. I hope the lad has something outside of Newcastle that brings him joy – cos this certainly isn’t.

• 144 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 10, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Sorry :)

That was for Belfast….

• 145 BelfastMagpie // Dec 10, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Wonder how Catchy took the 95% of fans behind Pardew stuff ?

I know the virgin blog writer wasn’t to happy about it ;-)

Toonbano or whatever you call him ?

• 146 Tsunki // Dec 10, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Xmas at the catchy residence is going to be a humdinger this year…

• 147 BelfastMagpie // Dec 10, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Toonbano was looking fair dig Lee Ryder I think.

ITS A FIX ! :-)

• 148 BelfastMagpie // Dec 10, 2012 at 5:58 PM

He says 20% are behind Pardew.

• 149 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 10, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Belfast…Who says 20%, toonbano?

2 hours people….

• 150 Tsunki // Dec 10, 2012 at 6:03 PM

That’s ok – I am right behind Pardew 37% myself.

• 151 BelfastMagpie // Dec 10, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Yeah toonbano was ranting at lee ryder about it.

• 152 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 10, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Bless. Can’t imagine it’s either 20% or 95% to be honest. Probably nearer to Ryders poll results.

• 153 BelfastMagpie // Dec 10, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Think Toonbano should write his blog on a postage stamp, that”ll keep him busy.:-)

• 154 Jail for Ashley // Dec 10, 2012 at 6:24 PM

I think if a new more ambitious owner, Dickie Branson for example were to take over a majority of fans would like to see Pardew replaced, but as it stands I think the majority will be patient with him unless a catastrophe looks imminent.

• 155 Dannyo // Dec 10, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Toonbano has oppinions that kinda goes with the wind.
    He’s the type that gets hung up on stuff.
    Not a good place to go if u wanted proper levelled and evaluated opinions imo…

• 156 Tsunki // Dec 10, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Jail – would another 5 goal humpfest suffice as a catastrophe?

• 157 Marty-Toon // Dec 10, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Gotta go out n play some football so will miss the 1st half,hope by the time I’m home were well ahead.
    Howay the lads

• 158 Tsunki // Dec 10, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Im missing playing tonight because of the aftermath of my recent cold, so have to stay in and watch the game. :)

• 159 Marty-Toon // Dec 10, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Good man Tsunki,cheer em on for me then n ill try and get a win on the field for you

• 160 jimmysmith // Dec 10, 2012 at 6:34 PM

I think the season may well be lost by the January window and we could then struggle to get the players in as a result and quite possibly lose one we don’t want to.

That is certainly on the cards with the run of fixtures we have over the next month, so might do well Pards should stop prattling on in the press about strengthening, because he could end up looking like a right tit.

Just maybe just focus on the job at hand of getting the lads up for these games and give the cringeing press conference bollocks a miss for a while, please.

• 161 Dannyo // Dec 10, 2012 at 6:35 PM

@Tsunki
    It’s Monday night football mate, red cards, goals galore and fighting punters :)
    U’re in for a very boring night then eh ;)

• 162 Jail for Ashley // Dec 10, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Tsunki,
    No I don’t think so but bottom three at the end of January could be considered as imminent catastrophe, then it’s up to Mashley how he deals with that, I don’t think it will come to that though a win or draw tonight will lift spirits, I think Mashley or Dirk Dastardlys ineptitude during last summer has bought Pards a lot of time, being double manager of the didn’t do any harm either mind.

• 163 Dannyo // Dec 10, 2012 at 6:38 PM

We won’t go into the bottom 3, i can guarantee you that.
    No point even discussing it.

• 164 Dannyo // Dec 10, 2012 at 6:41 PM

@Jimmy
    Cmon mate, surely you’ve read AP saying exactly what u’re saying to the press numours time.
    The strengthening part has only come up since Thursday(ish), and he’s said several times that we’ll have to get the current crop performing before we can do anything about the squad.
    And i mean he has really said that in more than 5 different interviews.

• 165 Dannyo // Dec 10, 2012 at 6:42 PM

@Jimmy
    Also, you get fined if you miss the pressers.

• 166 jimmysmith // Dec 10, 2012 at 6:47 PM

If Newcastle are still in with a chance of top eight come mid January then Pards and the players will deserve a huge Christmas bonus along with the much touted two or three shiny new additions to the squad.

• 167 jimmysmith // Dec 10, 2012 at 6:52 PM

I’d like Pards to be more circumspect with the press when we’re doing it tough, that’s all. I don’t think all the chatter helps.

• 168 Tsunki // Dec 10, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Nope the NE relegation spot has been taken up by the mackems anyway. ;)

For Pardew its damned if you do/dont – he’s got to feed the media machine its just the pr part of the job. I for one think he’s going on record to say that the owner’s gamble on the young uns seeing us through to the summer hasnt worked, like he said it wouldnt, and that he expects a more concerted effort to get some targets ‘over the line’ and ‘into the building’

• 169 Dannyo // Dec 10, 2012 at 6:56 PM

@JimmySmith
    Ye, well in some parts he is. In the Fulham presser i watched today, he was pretty adamant about not sharing anything on the team or injuries.

• 170 Dannyo // Dec 10, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Will post lineup here in 3-4 mins.

• 171 check the toastie // Dec 10, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Everybody looking forward to something new. Wouldnt hold your breath, its the Simmo, Willo, and Jonas show, 442 here we come. Hoofball here we come, team Pardoh! should pick for me.

Krul
    Tavernier Perch Collo Santon
    Tiote Jonas
    Ben Arfa Anita Marv
    Ba/Cisse

I am sick and tired of Pardew picking the same failed players and playing the same static longball shit. Mix it up a bit, If Jonas must play let him sit in midfield.

• 172 jimiley // Dec 10, 2012 at 7:00 PM

More respect for Pardew and Ashley would not go amiss. Pardew got us 5th last season and told us not to expect more than 8th this season. He knows his onions. He saw us going backwards and he was right. he just did not see us going so quickly backwards.

• 173 Tsunki // Dec 10, 2012 at 7:01 PM

building up the match fever there, check?

• 174 Dannyo // Dec 10, 2012 at 7:01 PM

4-2-3-1) v #Fulham: Krul; Simpson, Williamson, Coloccini (c), Santon; Anita, Tiote; Cisse, Ben Arfa, Gutierrez; Ba.

#NUFC substitutes v #Fulham: Harper, Ferguson, Tavernier, Perch, Bigirimana, Marveaux, Shola Ameobi. #newcastle #BPL

Same players, different lineup. Liking it :)

• 175 Indian Magpie // Dec 10, 2012 at 7:01 PM

marveaux dropped

• 176 Dannyo // Dec 10, 2012 at 7:02 PM

@check
    You almost got that one right.
    Swap Gutti and Anita and u’re more or less there. Cisse on a wing too i take it.

• 177 gonufc (up and Hatem) // Dec 10, 2012 at 7:02 PM

@FatManJoe 115 – wow, I didn’t know any fans could be so raucous that they melt into a viscous solution…

• 178 ToonDownSouth // Dec 10, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Marveaux should not have been dropped. That’s really not on after his performance against Wigan.

• 179 Indian Magpie // Dec 10, 2012 at 7:03 PM

#NUFC Krul; Simpson, Williamson, Coloccini, Santon; Anita, Tiote; Cisse, Ben Arfa, Gutierrez; Ba.

• 180 BelfastMagpie // Dec 10, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Marveaux dropped for Jonas. joke!

• 181 jimmysmith // Dec 10, 2012 at 7:03 PM

To be fair giving little away in a press conference is a learned art, ala Sir Alex. I like Pards, so i don’t want to see him or us undermined by the press. He’s too open with them in my view.

• 182 toonbrother // Dec 10, 2012 at 7:03 PM

wouldve been a good line up if ba were playing on the left where belongs

• 183 Tsunki // Dec 10, 2012 at 7:03 PM

whoa! stop the press 4-2-3-1? has Alan gone mad? I feel this formation is ripe for some daring tactical subs. Or he will bring shola on at 75 minutes, one or the other……

• 184 jimiley // Dec 10, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Jonas will set up two and score one himself. He will show his class tonite.

• 185 check the toastie // Dec 10, 2012 at 7:03 PM

square pegs round holes, clueless. Hope Ben10 bails Pardew out, Gutti playing upfield?? again, total joke.

• 186 Rotonda heights // Dec 10, 2012 at 7:04 PM

dannyo

Toon bano is a bloody good read

• 187 Tsunki // Dec 10, 2012 at 7:04 PM

@117 – well they are considered a bit thick ha ha ok sorry.

• 188 Jail for Ashley // Dec 10, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Jimiley ,
    More respect for Mashley you’ll be asking me to forgive Margaret Thatcher next.

• 189 ToonDownSouth // Dec 10, 2012 at 7:05 PM

check

Do give it a rest, please. It’s really really tiring.

We get your point, and plenty of people agree, but just stop posting the same crap every day.

We’re playing 4-2-3-1, like we did against Wigan, let’s see how that goes.

Hatem in the #10 role could serve us well here.

• 190 toonking // Dec 10, 2012 at 7:05 PM

yet again pardew decides to start jonas
    well i am sorry to say this but i hope jonas is the next pl.ayer to get long term injury.

• 191 check the toastie // Dec 10, 2012 at 7:07 PM

jimiley, have you actually watched any football we have played during Pardews reign, why would all of a sudden Simpson, Willo and Gutti start to look anything but hopeless.

We will get beat tonight, and guess what simmo willo and jonas will be shit as normal, and guess what they will all start at the weekend again, pathetic management no wonder the lads who do get a chance now are throwing the towel in.

Just pleased he is still not picking Raylor over BenArfa or Santon, clown.

• 192 jimiley // Dec 10, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Toonking,
    Thats very sad coming from a Toon suporter. Jonas is the backbone of the club and vice captain. He will start as long as Pardew is at the club. End of. Come on Jonas makes these so called fans choke on their bile. A hat-trick my son!!!

• 193 jimiley // Dec 10, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Check,
    We play quality long ball football unlike the hoofball under Big Sam or the negativity of Hughton. Where are they now? You cannot say that Pardew is worse than either of them? manager of the year. Short memory.

• 194 willowdalerez // Dec 10, 2012 at 7:40 PM

I think the first half will be difficult as Benny, Tiote and Santon get their legs back under them coming off injuries. If they are fit, I’m looking for a 2-1 win for us.

Joans and Santon have to shut down Duff and Sidwell and Collo can handle pretric… Weka link is perch on Santon… Fingers crossed if we can’t pick up three points at Fulham the next few matches look lost too…

toonking

• 195 willowdalerez // Dec 10, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Sorry that’s Perch on Berbatov

• 196 willowdalerez // Dec 10, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Toonking you want Jonas out that’s mad! His form has to come up but we are already weak at the back!

previous post: Fulham vs Newcastle – Match Preview