The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle A Great Move For Dutch International

9:49 am, Monday, December 10th, 2012 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 27 Comments

Vurnon Anita is starting to look like a very good player in central midfield for Newcastle, as he fills in for the injured Yohan Cabaye, and when the Dutch International first arrived from Ajax in the summer, he said he wanted to play as many games as possible for the side in his first season, and we think he’ll get lots of playing time before May rolls around.

Vurnon Anita – looking better and better in a Newcastle shirt

And how Newcastle fare tonight will have a lot to do with how this lad plays, and he’s been in top form over the last several games for Newcastle, and he will also be trying to impress his former manager at Ajax – Martin Jol.

“I know Martin very, very well. He coached me at Ajax and he also gave me a chance in the first half of my career.” “It is because of him that I made the national team and he is an inspiration to me. I am very much looking forward to seeing him again on Monday.”

“When I came to Newcastle, he phoned me to congratulate me and said that the move to Newcastle was a great one for me. I was happy with that and I look forward to seeing him.” “It was just congratulations, honestly. He did not try to persuade me to join Fulham instead!”

“I am really looking forward to seeing him on Monday and seeing him in his own ground.” “The biggest thing, though, is that I really look forward to beating him.” “Personally I feel that the Newcastle supporters are starting to see the real me. Against Wigan it was fantastic, it was good. But we are not there yet and I must keep on doing the things I’ve been doing behind the scenes.”

“I must keep on working hard and really working on my form and my fitness too.” “It doesn’t happen by itself – the only way that you can really maintain your form is to keep doing those things like the extra work in training. I will keep doing it and hopefully I will improve.”

It looks like Anita will again partner Cheick Tiote in central midfield, and with all our players fit from last Monday night hopefully, it looks like the starting eleven could be:

Krul
Simpson Coloccini (c) Williamson Santon
Ben Arfa Anita Tiote Gutierrez
Ba Cisse

But for some reason we think one of Demba Ba, Jonas Gutierrez, Cheick Tiote, Davide Santon and Ben Arfa could be missing tonight.

Let us know how you think the game will go tonight.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Fulham?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours · Vurnon Anita

27 responses so far ↓

• 1 The Venga Bus // Dec 10, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Hope he repeats his performance from last week.

• 2 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 10, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Found you!

• 3 rainrix // Dec 10, 2012 at 9:53 AM

I hope marv isn’t dropped after last weeks performance. With anita and tiote as a midfield 2 we need as much creativity as possible. I just see marv getting dropped for HBA instead of jonas who’s been poor recently.

• 4 Tsunki // Dec 10, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Think fulham are ripe for taking this time. I thinl 2-0 or 2-1 to us.

• 5 Transfer Sage // Dec 10, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Repost through our today.

I’ve just had a catch up today with my friend in the club and there is a lot of talk of who we are looking at…got a long-ish list so don’t expect all but these are who we are supposed to be interested in.

mamadou sakho (only 1 appearance for psg this term)
    debuchy (again!!!!)
    erik pieters
    douglas (yet again)
    llana (cost much more than 5 mil so not likely)
    victor wanyama
    gary hooper
    tom ince
    nathan redmond
    zaha

not sure if any of these will come off but i’m hoping that 2/3 will come in…ideally 2 defenders more than other players.

• 6 The Venga Bus // Dec 10, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Dont speak to me, your off the bus for good. No going back.

• 7 rainrix // Dec 10, 2012 at 9:57 AM

WOAHHHH WERE GOING TO IBIZA WOAHHH BACK TO THE ISLAND!

• 8 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 10, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Venga…..We shall see, but I hope you’re making good use of the Venga Boys greatest hits album and the disco lighting.

Can you feed my goldfish whilst you’re there, I’ve called it Belfast.

• 9 Jail for Ashley // Dec 10, 2012 at 9:59 AM

I’m going to try to keep an open mind about this transfer window from now on,but trying hard not to lose patience with Parts when he’s coming out with statements like,I persuaded Mike to sign HBA after watching tapes,why didn’t he just ring Dennis Wise or that Jiminez fella,and although Parts signed HBA technically I think the credit for that one should really go to Hoots .

• 10 Marty-Toon // Dec 10, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Holland is definitely a good place to find players,
    Anyone playing in the Dutch league will have passing ability and a decent touch.
    That’s the type of players we need.
    We also could look at players in Italy as were seeing how well santon has done,the only thing in Italy is that you’ve gotta buy them young or they’ll cost a packet.
    Hope that G.Carr is coming up trumps in January and the summer again

• 11 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 10, 2012 at 9:59 AM

TS….Decent list, not as good as Kets, but beggars can’t be choosers :)

• 12 The Venga Bus // Dec 10, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Ibiza Toon smells real bad and didn’t pay me rent for years. I had enough & kicked him of the bus.

• 13 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 10, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Jail….With signing HBA, I think all involved need crediting really. Hoots (plus whoever located him in the first place, was he a Carr find?), Ashley, Llambias and Pardew for keeping it going. They all played a part and we got one hell of a player.

Actually, I forgot to mention another person (or group), the fans. By all accounts the Geordie faithful have played a big part with Benny.

You’re welcome.

• 14 curlywatts // Dec 10, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Marveaux for Gutierrez. Who agrees?

• 15 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 10, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Venga….Are these the same bad smells that you once claimed intoxicated you so that you simply had to have your way with me?

You held me so tightly, I trusted you, but now I shall never trust again.

• 16 curlywatts // Dec 10, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Who agrees Marv should start instead of Gutierrez?

• 17 curlywatts // Dec 10, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Jonas dropped. Marv in. Who agrees?

• 18 The Venga Bus // Dec 10, 2012 at 10:08 AM

You’re goldfish was flushed down the bog, sorry about. Anyway time to go, big disco tonight.

Hopefully a win this evening.

• 19 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 10, 2012 at 10:09 AM

We’ve seen some funny characters on here, but the proud landlord of the Venga Bus is note worthy. Bravo.

• 20 curlywatts // Dec 10, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Marv in Jonas out. Who agrees?

• 21 Graeme // Dec 10, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Personally, I would take Jonas out of Ed’s team and play Marveaux instead. On current form Marvy offers so much more going forward. I would also play EITHER Ba or Cisse and play Obertan, move HBA more central.

———————————Krull
    ——-Simpson——–Willo—–Colo—-Santon
    ———————–Anita————-Tiote
    ———————————Marveax
    ———————–HBA—————–Obertan
    ——————————Cisse OR Ba

This should give us a balance between attack and defence; it adds pace we so badly lack; gives far greater scope to our flair players to do something. Just an idea!!

• 22 Jail for Ashley // Dec 10, 2012 at 10:12 AM

I suggested to a poster named Blaydon racist that he should maybe rethink his user name as football really has no place for racism, then a poster with the imaginative name of Carl fired back at me that it is me that should change my username, my mate’s aunty once had a Labrador called Carl and I never once suggested to her that she should change it to better name.

• 23 Graeme // Dec 10, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Jail, labs are of much more use than racists!!

• 24 Jail for Ashley // Dec 10, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Ibiza,
    Why did you sign off with that last post
    You’re welcome ..

• 25 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 10, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Jail…As the fans played a part with Arfa. So I assumed there would be some thanks, as a fan. Just a little joke, obviously not funny at all.

Who is this Carl? Saw a post from him on another thread.

Venga…Thanks, hated the little flapping b*st*rd anyway, didn’t learn any tricks.

• 26 Marty-Toon // Dec 10, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Curly ….I think 4 times with the same question in the same post will suffice.
    Think we’re all agreed on the fact that Marv offers us so much more than Jonas
    It wouldn’t bother me if Jonas was sold,many great games in the first 2 years but has lost his pace and very little end product

• 27 NEWEXPATMAGPIE // Dec 10, 2012 at 11:12 AM

I,ve actually going into this game tonight with a positive feeling !

Is Damian Duff playing? Be good to beat them with him in their starting line-up !

Last week-end their was no amateur Footy here in Holland with “minute silences”! before every game ! The message was to try and fight against violence in our game? Some have suggested Rugby style rules with Sin-Bins etc!

At the same time some freeking idiot in Manchester was throwing a coin in Rio Ferdinands face after Manure had scored the winning goal ! Bit Ironic really, but then shit happens !

previous post: French International Top Of The Transfer List For January