The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Too Good To Go Down – Rubbish

11:15 am, Wednesday, December 12th, 2012 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 250 Comments

Newcastle have to grab the bulls by the horn and admit we are in a relegation struggle, but there’s still  plenty of time to get to safety, if we only admit we are in trouble at the moment and start to fix it.

Jonas Gutierrez +Chelsea+

Jonas Gutierrez – been nowhere near his best form this season

When we were relegated almost four years ago, the press kept saying we were too good to go down, and  if there was one striker in the team to help us get to safety – it would be Michael Owen.

But Michael was a disaster in the relegation fight, and didn’t even make the starting side once Alan Shearer was installed as manager at the club – even though Kevin Keegan had made him captain.

And what’s happened since he left Newcastle has shown the lad is a spent force, but Newcastle fans already knew that.

And after saying we were too good to go down the press then said in the summer of 209 that we’d drop down the leagues – much like Leeds United had done – but they were wrong on that one too.

We can go down, and if we finish in the bottom three that will be it, and we’ll be in the Championship again – so let’s not delude ourselves into thinking we are too good to go down.

And many players have been nowhere near their best form this season, and they include players like Cheick Tiote, Papiss Cisse and Jonas Gutierrez as just three examples, so if we are going to avoid the drop, then our big guns have to start firing soon.

We don’t want to have to go through another relegation struggle this season, the last one was tough enough – too tough – and we call on our players to fight like hell from now on – and who knows – with a bit of luck we could even get some wins soon.

Howay the Lads!!

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Coaching · Newcastle News · Premier League

250 responses so far ↓

• 1 hatemorloveit // Dec 12, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Again this could have been put in with the previous article

• 2 Indian Magpie // Dec 12, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Carrying
    i meant some players are more to blame than others. Tactics have a lot to do with football.

• 3 Beattie25 // Dec 12, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Carryinggoals

I should’ve said the Robson era rather than the turn of the century.

Does aybody remeber the Robson era, the games we used to go and see? So many amazing moments of joy and heartbreak.

Under Keegan we were given the title ‘The Entertainers’ and under Robson we were given the title ‘The Comeback Kings’.

In those days we didnt mind going 1-0 down as we knew the players would give thier all owing most victories to quality.

Seen as we never entertain nor come back, what would be this teams title under Pardew?

I’d go for ‘The Technical Hoofers’.

Any others?

• 4 Indian Magpie // Dec 12, 2012 at 11:24 AM

IF any goes down it is because they have not played well enuf for 38 games

• 5 Transfer Sage // Dec 12, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Beattie

Willo and the Hoofers

• 6 Beattie25 // Dec 12, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Transfer

Sounds like a 60’s band that had a number one hit single.

”Please welcome to the stage ‘Willo and the Hoofers’ as they perform for you their number single ‘Hit Me Long Baby’.”

• 7 Indian Magpie // Dec 12, 2012 at 11:34 AM

@6

Nearly fell off my chair reading that

• 8 Transfer Sage // Dec 12, 2012 at 11:36 AM

beattie

thats what I was hoping for..

…or to be bit more brutal we could be …a poor mans stoke?

or light hearted….(implying our good talented players are playing ugly football)…..beauty as the beast

• 9 Transfer Sage // Dec 12, 2012 at 11:37 AM

beattie…it sounded a bit like the britany spear song hit me baby one more time…..hit me long, one more time

• 10 hatemorloveit // Dec 12, 2012 at 11:38 AM

I cant believe tickets for man city are on general sale…all hope is gone

• 11 Beattie25 // Dec 12, 2012 at 11:38 AM

My boss said, play it on the ground,
    And I did, until one day I found,
    That when they pressed I could hoof it far,
    Now I kick, and aim for Demba Ba,

Hit hit hard, hoof it out of sight,
    Kick it a distance, to get out of this plight,
    I am scared, so I sing this song,
    Baby stay there so I can hoof it long,

One simple tap, then a great big punt,
    I don’t care, if you call me a cnut,
    My name Mike, and I am not a dick,
    That’s why they aim for me with every free kick,
    My centre parting, and hair that is so wavy,
    Helps me when, you hit me long baby.

• 12 Beattie25 // Dec 12, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Thats Christmas number 1 that is

• 13 Indian Magpie // Dec 12, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Coming soon to a music store near you

• 14 Indian Magpie // Dec 12, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Another song for hoofstreet boys

Who let the gang out #hoof hoof hoof

• 15 Beattie25 // Dec 12, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Where did it all go wrong lads?

One day we were caught in the dreams of exciting football, the next we woke up and the years had gone by and now we play worse football than Stoke City.

God, how time flys. Well it all comes around again I suppose. We don’t deserve this but we will have the last laugh when we win the Johnstones Paint trophy!!

• 16 Spoof // Dec 12, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Very good Beattie, I’m well impressed, I had a good laugh which was needed as following NUFC usually makes me cry.

• 17 JP...from The Rock // Dec 12, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Beattie25 – LOL hahaha that is mint that is! Where can I buy the single haha. Seriously though our hoof ball ways have goty to go it’s even rubbing off on the likes of HBA and Cabaye!

HWTL

• 18 Beattie25 // Dec 12, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Ha ha ha, rumour of the day.

Alexis Sanchez to Liverpool.

It is now official, the scousers have taken our mantle of the most deluded in the footballing world.

did anyone else see Michael Owen when asked who he thought would finish 4th? Arsenal? Everton? He went for fcuking Liverpool…

• 19 BelfastMagpie // Dec 12, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Lets hope we pull away from it, because there’s not many leaders in the squad to lead us out of it.

• 20 JDdubai // Dec 12, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Was trying to work out a verse for Willo’s “The Great Defender” to the tune of the Great Pretender but alas work has called…

Struggling to get the phrases “hoof in the air” and “gives me an erection” into the same verse too..

• 21 Beattie25 // Dec 12, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Thanks for the nice comments but I cannot take the credit, after all Mike Williamson is an inspiration to us all.

He shows that through hard work, determination and effort that anyone can achieve their goals, even if you have no talent whatsoever.

He is like an XFactor winner in my eyes.

• 22 Beattie25 // Dec 12, 2012 at 11:54 AM

JD

That’s seriously weird and seriously arousing.

• 23 Beattie25 // Dec 12, 2012 at 11:58 AM

BLOG TASK ALERT:

Lets create a new song for the terraces based on JD’s great idea, here are the original lyrics:

Oh-oh, yes I’m the great pretender
    Pretending that I’m doing well
    My need is such
    I pretend too much
    I’m lonely but no one can tell

Oh-oh, yes I’m the great pretender
    Adrift in a world of my own
    I’ve played the game
    but to my real shame
    You’ve left me to grieve all alone

Too real is this feeling of make-believe
    Too real when I feel what my heart can’t conceal

Yes, I’m the great pretender
    Just laughin’ and gay like a clown
    I seem to be what I’m not, you see
    I’m wearing my heart like a crown
    Pretending that you’re still around

Too real is this feeling of make-believe
    Too real when I feel what my heart can’t conceal

Yes, I’m the great pretender
    Just laughin’ and gay like a clown
    I seem to be what I’m not, you see
    I’m wearing my heart like a crown
    Pretending that you’re still around (Still around)

• 24 geordie157 // Dec 12, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Wonder where we’d be if we had replaced Simpson, wilo and Jonas in the summer with say debuchy, Douglas and a decent winger.

Upgrade those three please Mr Ashley. Then if you are feeling generous add a striker too

• 25 geordie157 // Dec 12, 2012 at 12:03 PM

think using the foo fighters “pretender” could work.

• 26 Transfer Sage // Dec 12, 2012 at 12:04 PM

oh-oh, yes Pardew’s the great pretended
    pretending that he’s doing well
    his ego is such
    he wont change too much
    his excuses are starting to swell

• 27 Transfer Sage // Dec 12, 2012 at 12:06 PM

not that I am anti-pardew

just thought that fitted nicely with his recent criticism here haha

• 28 lewytoon // Dec 12, 2012 at 12:09 PM

• 29 norwegian magpie // Dec 12, 2012 at 12:14 PM

i see alot of people wanting us to sign debuchy.. i pray to god that wont happen! i dont see the point in getting another player that collect red and yellow cards, i see it as a liability having him in the squad

• 30 norwegian magpie // Dec 12, 2012 at 12:15 PM

douglas*

• 31 Transfer Sage // Dec 12, 2012 at 12:19 PM

last season douglas picked up 1 red card

and rec’d one suspension for collecting yellow cards

that’s not a bad record

• 32 Transfer Sage // Dec 12, 2012 at 12:19 PM

last season douglas picked up 1 red card

and rec’d one suspension for collecting yellow cards

that’s not a bad record

also no suspensions this season.

• 33 Sav // Dec 12, 2012 at 12:23 PM

At least we’ve shown some fight in the last 3 games. I’ll settle for that until the January window opens, then its ‘Over to you, Mashley’.

• 34 Transfer Sage // Dec 12, 2012 at 12:26 PM

sav

fight is good…the players have shown that

we just seem to lack a settle or fluid system….if pardew wants to go 433 with cisse wide then he has to give it more than 10/20 minutes in a game

if he wants to stick with 442 keep going with that

chopping and changing mid game cannot help.

• 35 Tsunki // Dec 12, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Someone mention Foo Fighters? February Stars might get an airing…

• 36 Phatoon // Dec 12, 2012 at 12:37 PM

If they were to chuck a decent amount of cash into this window.

We could try:

In:

CB – Van Dijk or Sakho (lot more money)
    RB – Debuchy
    CM – Diame (if the clause is 3.5m)
    FW – Remy – If Ba leaves

Out –

RB – Simpson (Probably)
    CM – Gosling – If Villa still want him

Also then have the potential to sign

CB – Douglas – to arrive for free in summer
    CM – Sissoko – to arrive for free in summer
    LW – Ince – to arrive for free in summer – but will probably go to Man Utd….

Then in summer

get tid of Williamson and Gosling (if he’s not gone yet).

In the 1% chance that has of happening, could imagine a team of this would be awesome:

………………………….Krul
    …………….Douglas……..VD/Sakho
    Debuchy…………………………………Santon
    ………………………Coloccini
    ……………..Tiote…………….Diame
    ……………………….Cabaye
    ………….Ben Arfa…………Cisse/Ba (or whoever)

Bench:

Elliot
    S Taylor
    Perch
    Anita
    Sissoko
    Marveaux
    Ba/Cisse/Whoever

ah to dream!

Probably cost about 20m after outgoings….

• 37 Tsunki // Dec 12, 2012 at 12:37 PM

We are too good to go down – like a 20 year old malt. However, . . .

• 38 Smithy // Dec 12, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Oh yes am the great defender
    Just watching the ball, bounce around
    I try to run
    Cant even beat my mum
    I’m shit but Pardew cant tell.

• 39 Smithy // Dec 12, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Oh yes am the great defender
    Just watching the ball, bounce around
    I try to run
    Cant even beat my mum
    I’m sh1t but Pardew cant tell.

• 40 Tsunki // Dec 12, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Sage – if we turn up at the KO and sort out the gap in front of defense we are sorted. I will give that one to pardew for free.

• 41 Smithy // Dec 12, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Oh yes am the great defender
    Just watching the ball, bounce around
    I try to run
    Cant even beat my mum
    I’m crap but Pardew cant tell.

• 42 Smithy // Dec 12, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Oh yes am the great defender
    Just watching the ball, bounce around
    I try to run
    Cant even beat my mum
    I’m crap but Partpoo cant tell.

• 43 Transfer Sage // Dec 12, 2012 at 12:41 PM

I still stand by an idea I put out a month or so ago.

If Pardew is ‘unsackable’ with his 8 year deal and the club wanting what some here regard as a yes man who wont ruffle any feathers in charge then why can’t we bring in a continental assisstant manager?

Man utd played some great football with carlos quiros (sorry on spelling) as assisstant manager.

Fergie always said he liked a different assisstant every few years to bring something new into the club. Surely if we get an assisstant who is remouned for attacking, passing football he will be able to instill some methods into pardew’s training and team selection.

I blame pardew for being too cautious but football is much more complicated than just saying, this is the formation now play good football. It is important these days to have players well drilled in little movements and to work on positioning as well as many other things.

Maybe Pardew needs a very good assisstant next to him who can offer something different and teach him a few things about other types of football.

• 44 Toon XI // Dec 12, 2012 at 12:41 PM

While I don’t believe we will go down, I find it a disgrace that this squad is in the relegation fight this late into the season. Entirely unacceptable from all fronts (ownership, management & players). All levels are accountable for this poor showing to date.

• 45 Smithy // Dec 12, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Oops phone kept coming up with error.

• 46 Tsunki // Dec 12, 2012 at 12:45 PM

There are a lot of games to play.

On another note, our players can actually pass so why do they spend so much time doing long crossfield balls and Timmy-punts that reach nobody? And who has told them to stop pressing for the ball when we lose it? Its not exclusively tactics and management.

• 47 GEORDIE69 // Dec 12, 2012 at 12:46 PM

• 48 GEORDIE69 // Dec 12, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Phatoon, your dream team has 7 defensive players in it. Where would your goals come from? Would hate to watch that team. 8 including Krul.

• 49 Transfer Sage // Dec 12, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Geordie

The full backs are attacking ones and Diame drives forward very well.

Is say you have 4 defensive in CBs, colo and tiote. 5 if you count krul.

Although I’d have Anita in that side ahead of tiote. And rather have colo as a CB and tiote as DM

• 50 Blaydon-Toon // Dec 12, 2012 at 12:52 PM

And if the who ever is Messi / Ronaldo I would be fairly happy :-)

• 51 check the toastie // Dec 12, 2012 at 12:52 PM

There are loads of tickets left on general sale for Man City game.

This is a massive game close to Xmas ideal for a day on the Lep. Cant believe it wont be sold out, still a boat load of tickets for sale in the East Stand, unheard of.

Maybe some of you super fans who lick Pardumps arse might thinking of actually going to a game and seeing how shit it is in the flesh, might think a bit differently when yu cant switch the game off at half time.

PARDEW OUT – it will only get worse, nothing can save us from this curse he has unleashed upon us…..

• 52 Transfer Sage // Dec 12, 2012 at 12:55 PM

tsunki

the thing I notice is we do try to pass…tiote, anita, ben arfa…they all try to pass the ball.

when there isn’t an option going forward all teasm go back, as do we, then the numpties at the back just hump it long.

instead of keeping the ball and trying to pick the defence apart and waiting for the right ball we inevitably go long which results in us either the CB winning the header or the ball going through to the keeper.

• 53 check the toastie // Dec 12, 2012 at 1:00 PM

I have never joined in with the Willo bashing as he does his job of heading the ball away, however recently his football is getting worse and worse, he currently should be nowhere near the team, Perch or Tavernier should play instead. Not going to happen though.

Team for Saturday for sure

Krul
    Simpson Willo Collo Santon
    Ben10 Tiote Anita Jonas
    BA Cisse

Shola half time and Jonas playing in about 4 different positions.

This post could be a copy of previous posts over the last 12months before games. Ridiculous how we have gone nowhere but backwards.

• 54 Blaydon-Toon // Dec 12, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Ts agreed on that but we do not have the right players at the back who Re comfortable look at the other night Simmo got caught out and nearly cost us a goal and Williamson is a car crash waiting to happen I get so nervous when he has the ball ! Collo and Santon are cool under pressure so if we had a complete back 4 with debuchy and CB the team ad a whole would benefit !

• 55 XabbaR // Dec 12, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Does anyone have Pards number? I want to call him and ask why he keep playing Jonas. Seriously. Because of his defensive capabilities? Well, that don’t seem to work very well does it…

• 56 sirtoongospel // Dec 12, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Pardew……”We must attack Man City”.

F*** me Alan, we havent attacked a single team this season. We have been on the back foot since match 1. Still, might as well pick a poor team to have a go at eh?

We will not have a go at City, we will be defensive from the start, and be 2 nil down before we have a go. I anticipate a 3-1 defeat and an even second half after a shocking first half.

Yet when i get th the game on Saturday I will have my usual bets. 4-0 and 4-1 Newcastle!!! lol. Might as well burn my cash.

• 57 Phatoon // Dec 12, 2012 at 1:06 PM

@GEORDIE69

To elaborate a little:

As TS said those fullbacks are very attacking, so when they are, Colo can hang back and you have 3 CBs.

Having 3 “CBs” on the pitch gives you help in offensive and defensive corners/free kick.

Coloccini I think is sometimes a bit wasted at CB. As good as he is there, he has a good shot and pass on him. His general positioning is good, he just lacks speed.
    Against Fulham he had 2 really good goal attempts (header and shot). He seems to like getting forward if possible so why not incorporate that into the team. I think he could get 5 or 6 goals a season if he did.

Diame and Tiote are both good on the ball, are both absolute tanks and both have a fierce shot on them. They would provide a covering wall to allow Coloccini to get into attacking/defending positions and aid Coloccini in wiining midfield headers.

Those 3 would allow Cabaye to be completely free to be offensive and he, Ben Arfa and another can work some magic up front, with the aid of the full backs and the odd late run from Diame/Tiote.

Anita and Sissoko can fill in to any of those midfield positions also.

Still just a dream though…..

• 58 Transfer Sage // Dec 12, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Blaydon

True but as I have said before we all know they are bad on the ball so surely pardew does too.

He need to manage this situation. Get more players around them, have Anita and tiote even colo move across when they have the ball to give them an easy pass.

I don’t expect them to be like xavi but no reason they can’t play it simple if we give them enough options.

• 59 funguswatty // Dec 12, 2012 at 1:18 PM

where Everton not like us last season and then second half of it climb the table up to 7 or something like that i sure we can do the same with some new face in Jan #keepthefaith

• 60 geordie157 // Dec 12, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Guthrie’s reading career seems to be over already, he can come back for free in Jan

• 61 rahulmagpie // Dec 12, 2012 at 1:25 PM

indianmagpie i am doing M.A in political science, we should catch up for NUFC games

• 62 Rotonda heights // Dec 12, 2012 at 1:26 PM

check @ 53

Some good managers have a plan A, B, C and D. pardew barely has A.

Yes players may have underperformed but man management and motivation was meant to be pardew’s strong poing because tactical genius he most definitely aint.

can’t believe we are worse than stoke and pardew would love to have carroll back when we would have the ball sailing over benny, cabaye and anita’s head all day long!!! When i see the ball go to Simmo in an attacking position I almost have to look away in despair. Why the hell can’t pardew coach short passing and over lapping etc?

he’s very luck to have the players we have and has wasted them totally all season, blaming everyone and everything but himself and his stupid stubborness.

Beattie where’s that manager list again, not that it would do any good with MA!

• 63 Spoof // Dec 12, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Phatoon, if Colo does ever get the chance to play in midfield I will just hope and prey that he is a better midfielder than what he is a defender, as a defender he has got to be one of the most over-rated that we have ever had, some describe him as being world class, he is not good enough to be second class, never mind world class, Williamson as most of us would agree is not the best defender in the league, in fact some would say he is one of the worst, but Colo is no better than Williamson, we only have one decent centre half and that’s Taylor, sadly he is injury prone, Colo and Williamson are very poor.

• 64 Rotonda heights // Dec 12, 2012 at 1:39 PM

spoof

i think the only reason we have more time for colo is that he is actually a ”footballer”. williamson by definition clearly isn’t

• 65 Indian Magpie // Dec 12, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Rahul Sure,

When do you suggest

• 66 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 12, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Pardew quote of the day:

“…. unfortunately we have to start winning games.”

What a whopper.

• 67 Transfer Sage // Dec 12, 2012 at 1:44 PM

colo can’t be that bad…he was in premier league team of the year with vincent kompany

clearly not very good is he

• 68 Ketsbaia9 // Dec 12, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Coloccini is a very good defender. He saved us a couple of goals last monday. He also made a mistake. If I was Alan I’d sell and buy these players:

Sell :

Tiote – £16m (Man Utd will be interested)
    Gosling – £3m

Alderewerield – £6.5m
    Boudebouz – £5m
    Remy – £10m
    Zarate – £7m

Net total = £4.25m

Job done.

Sign these players in the summer:

Douglas – Free
    Denswil – £2m
    Sulejmani – £4.5m

• 69 Spoof // Dec 12, 2012 at 1:47 PM

RH, Colo is cultured and pleasing on the eye when we are dominating a game, against Sunderland this season with very little from them as an attacking outfit he looked superb, really classy, but when it comes to defending he is hopeless, slow, weak in the challenge and poor in the air, seeing as he is a defender he should be judged on his defending, and as a defender he is very poor.

• 70 Transfer Sage // Dec 12, 2012 at 1:48 PM

no big club will pay 16mil for tiote..it won’t happen

• 71 mfarmer85 // Dec 12, 2012 at 1:49 PM

I think Colo is one of our most consistent players this season. He maybe getting on a bit, but without him or Santon this season, we’d be a lot worse off.

In my mind, a CB, RB and a striker are a must in January, otherwise we will get left behind again.

• 72 Transfer Sage // Dec 12, 2012 at 1:50 PM

spoof

his defending isn’t very poor….his positioning is good, he has a standard level of strength for a CB, he reads play well, covers for others quite well

When paired with Saylor he is very good…they compliment each other well.

When saylor or colo play with williamson they both struggle.

• 73 rahulmagpie // Dec 12, 2012 at 1:52 PM

whenever u are free, if u want u can give me your mail id, or facebook name we can sty in touch

• 74 geordie157 // Dec 12, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Kets, not sure on zarate, think like taarabt he has the skills but games Wii pass him by.

• 75 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 12, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Kets…I would probably have to say that I disagree completely, but you might be right that a restructure of our team is due. But try and keep perspective.

My take on our to sell-list:
    Tiote – I wouldn’t mind selling him if the price is right
    Gosling – out injured and we won’t get £3M
    Tav – loan deal
    Willo – would have to go eventually
    Simmo – see above
    Sammy – out on loan
    Ameobi – won’t happen

I would add:

Jonas – getting older and lost alot of pace
    Obertan – if he doesn’t start to deliver soon

My take on our to buy-list:
    Way to many MF
    Too many FW
    Alderewerield – Ajax won’t sell for that amount
    Dreamboat – always welcome (would take Lucas Digne as well)

Basically we need a CB, RB and a FW; maybe even a CM. That’s without selling any.

• 76 geordie157 // Dec 12, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Has there ever been a poll on who in the current first team squad is our worst player. I have a top five, 1. wilo, 2. Shola, 3. Jonas, 4. Simpson, 5. Obertan.
    Gosling is worth a mention too

• 77 Ketsbaia9 // Dec 12, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Even if we get £8m for Tiote, we can still sign Sissokho and Diame for a combined total of £5.5m. Like Pardew says, if one player goes out, two come in. We’d be bringing in two better players and therefore strengthening the squad.

We definitely need at least another striker. Ba and Cisse can’t play together. We need to drop one of them based on performances.

• 78 Spoof // Dec 12, 2012 at 1:59 PM

TS, last season we finished 5th and got praise that wasn’t really warranted, the protection given to the defence by Tiote and Jonas was superb all season long and we had arguably the best keeper in the league in Tim Krul, Fulham and Spurs found us out, there were many others who should have, QPR should have had half a dozen at least, yet we kept a clean sheet, it was one of those seasons were things just kept on going our way, and for whatever reason it was Colo who was getting the praise, but if you think back our defence started to show cracks as soon as Taylor was injured,for some reason everyone blamed Williamson saying Colo had to carry him, sorry, but thats wrong, it was Taylor carrying Colo

• 79 Joe Blog // Dec 12, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Kets is making a semblance of sense :o

• 80 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 12, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Kets…your last post I agree with. We need another striker, since Pardew wants to play with to forwards side by side – we say against Fulham what happens when trues to play a stiff 4-3-3 Benny on the wrong side and Cissé out of position…NOT pretty!

…okay I am not going to go into the Fulham game, cause that was a case study in how not to play a 4-3-3 formation (God Tiote is bad these days…)

• 81 Indian Magpie // Dec 12, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Marco van Basten
    José Vítor dos Santos Peseiro
    John van den Brom

• 82 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 12, 2012 at 2:08 PM

*to = two

• 83 Spoof // Dec 12, 2012 at 2:10 PM

TS, we can’t blame Williamson for Colo being a poor defender, Lukaku for West Brom gave both of them the run around neither of them could get near him, Colo got such a run a round of Suarez that he lost his temper and got himself sent off, both of the Fulham goals were Colo’s fault, first goal he tried to turn around with the ball rather than just clear it, and the second he just stood and watched as Rodallega headed in, Colo should have been in front of him, thats basic defending

• 84 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 12, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Repost: (with type-o’s)

Kets…your last post I agree with. We need another striker, since Pardew wants to play with two forwards side by side – we saw against Fulham what happens when we try to play a stiff 4-3-3 with Benny on the wrong side and Cissé out of position…NOT pretty!

• 85 Transfer Sage // Dec 12, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Spoof

Could not disagree more. Colo is a good defender. Not perfect but good. Is he the second best CB in the league after kompany? Not a chance but he is agood defender. Same as Taylor.

Tiote and krul did help a lot but that’s to be expected if you keep clean sheets. You need a good keeper and solid midfield.

I think you’re being too harsh on colo, he isn’t world class but he’s a good CB.

• 86 Ketsbaia9 // Dec 12, 2012 at 2:15 PM

What about Corgnet or Corchia? If we sell Tiote we’ll need 2 to replace him and also a creative player.

Sissokho should be the first priority. Ajax are willing to let Toby leave for the right price. They said that about Anita. £6.5m is a reasonable price.

• 87 Transfer Sage // Dec 12, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Spoof

Still stand by my poor he is much better than Williamson and was key to is doing well last season.

Still not sure why is captain though. Don’t see any leadership qualities in him but then I don’t see that in any of our players .

• 88 Spoof // Dec 12, 2012 at 2:19 PM

TS, I think we will have to agree to disagree on this.
    After all football is all about opinions, and everyone is entitled to an opinion, provided it’s the same opinion as mine of course, lol

• 89 Nufc-83 // Dec 12, 2012 at 2:26 PM

TS i wouldnt bother even debating with Spoof as anybody who says Colo is a bad defender clearly knows nothing about football. He has the best reading of the game i have ever seen which makes up for lack of pace the only other defender that i have seen come close is Woodgate. Being good in possession is also for a top team a vital attribute. Even the best defenders in the world and i would put Kompany up there get the run around and make the odd mistake from time to time so its funny people latch onto the odd time colo does and go on about it. The likes of Kompany would make more mistakes if he had the likes of williamson and simmo alongside him. Colo is a top top CB and if we put somebody alongside who had Pace, power and decent in possession (Would love sylvian distan to still be here) he would compliment colo’s weaknesses and we would be good to go.

• 90 check the toastie // Dec 12, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Interesting take on that Collo Spoof, think you are being a little harsh, but he most certainly needs a Taylor type centre half next to him to keep his his on, at times Collo is all over the pitch, leaving massive gaping holes in behind him.

Personally love the way the guy plays football and technically he is great, maybe lacks a bit of physical presence and now pace to be regarded world class but he is most definately one of Newcastle’s Purplely Browns.

• 91 Transfer Sage // Dec 12, 2012 at 2:31 PM

I would say most top teams, barca, madrid, dortmund, bayern, etc all have defenders who get forward and help too exposing the team.

the difference is these sides have a much better back 4 overall which covers for these individual mistakes.

• 92 Transfer Sage // Dec 12, 2012 at 2:40 PM

I still think we would be great bringing in yanga-mbiwa from montpellier

surely he wouldn’t mind leaving a struggling french side for a struggling english one?

he has pace, strength, ability…and with playing alongside with colo he would learn as well.

• 93 Nufc-83 // Dec 12, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Ye from what i have heard he sounds an ideal partner but have not seen him play at all. Rumours are strong that Arsenal want him though so could well be a no go. I would guess they will want a fair amount for him (7M+) aswell and i think we will be looking in the region of 5M max.

• 94 Transfer Sage // Dec 12, 2012 at 2:50 PM

nufc-83

I haven’t heard anything on him linked with us recently myself but tsunki (think it was him) said earlier that there is a strong link with him to us in France.

Hopefully we will get some quality in, not bothered on the name of the player, as long as he is good enough that does me.

• 95 Nufc-83 // Dec 12, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Yup agree totally not bothered about name or price as long as he comes in and can do a good job instantly.

• 96 Nufc-83 // Dec 12, 2012 at 3:03 PM

On that note i would be tempted to stay clear of the likes of Spain as they tend to take longer to settle and get used to the prem. Need to be looking firstly in the german league firstly then french and dutch.

• 97 Black and White with an army lol // Dec 12, 2012 at 3:03 PM

well lads reports say pardew isn’t spending in jan and he also says he’s happy with his current team.

ah well see you in the championship pard’s

• 98 Phatoon // Dec 12, 2012 at 3:09 PM

@94 where are these reports from??

Everything I’ve seen recently is about strengthening the squad in the window……

• 99 WWYCD // Dec 12, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Worst thing Pardew did was give us such a good season last year

• 100 Nufc-83 // Dec 12, 2012 at 3:10 PM

@94 is that a wind up?

• 101 Tsunki // Dec 12, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Put any decent CB in a poor back line where he is being pulled out of position coverinmg holes left by his compadres and where the offside trap is a distant dream and he will look like a bemused clod. That is what has happened to colo this season. He needs help, but when I see him trying to make sense out of the back four – picture a john wayne struggling to rein back a team of horses on a runaway waggon. Two settled FBs and an injury free and decent cb and he will be world class.

• 102 Nufc-83 // Dec 12, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Worst thing Pardew did/does is continue to play Ba and Cisse together.

Anyone else up for the Worst thing pardew did game???

• 103 Black and White with an army lol // Dec 12, 2012 at 3:13 PM

The former Southampton boss claimed that he is unlikely to venture into the transfer market this January as he is content with his current squad.

“Until such time, that is the team” he said. “I thought it looked a good team at Fulham. We were just a bit unfortunate not to get anything from the game.

“I don’t think so, I think that’s the group between now and mid-January, when maybe Steven [Taylor] and Cabaye will come back to us.” his own words

• 104 Spoof // Dec 12, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Nufc-83, when it comes to Colo I have a different opinion to yourself, I would never suggest to a third party that they should not debate with you because you are clueless and know nothing about football, with the reason being that you disagree with me, grow up m8, we all have and are entitled to opinions, and if you took the time to look and analise what has been said on other forums as well as this one you would see that there are many who agree with me, even on this forum there is check the toastie who has questioned his physical presence and pace, he then defends Colo by saying that he loves his technical abilities, which is something which I have also mentioned, he is cultured, we then have Transfer Sage, who is the one who I was mostly having the well mannered debate with saying “I won’t argue with you that colo has had a very poor season. He has been well of the pace. I think he looks a different player to last year.” followed by “Still not sure why is captain though. Don’t see any leadership qualities in him”, so when it comes to Colo, not even his fans are convinced that he is that good, he played superb against Sunderland, apart from that he has been very poor, so I do feel its worth debating.

• 105 WWYCD // Dec 12, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Tsunki
    Couldn’t agree more about Colo, for me he is a world class player and we don’t have many of them might need to add goals to his game and anticipating headers wouldn’t go amiss but no defender is perfect. I’d only have Vidic and Kompany ahead of him in the league but that might just be me

• 106 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Dec 12, 2012 at 3:17 PM

change the formation to 4-1-4-1
    By playing Perch in front of the back 4 as a third centre half/defensive midfield to fill in the void that has been left all season in front of our back four

• 107 Tsunki // Dec 12, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Playing ba and cisse in the same side at the same time and using his FB’s as crap wingers and not telling timmy to stop kicking it long and……..

• 108 Black and White with an army lol // Dec 12, 2012 at 3:19 PM

what kind of manager would say something like this, he must realize that we are going down and down until there’s no getting up.

• 109 Transfer Sage // Dec 12, 2012 at 3:22 PM

spoof

I do think colo is good…he is just struggling this year but so is the team as a whole.

I also said he was very important last year. I think he is a top class CB but all players need good players around them to look their best. If he constantly covers for santon bombing forward or willo being himself he will struggle.

Put colo is man city or man utd’s team and he would insatntly look twice the player due to being in a dominant team with good defenders alonside (same can be said for most players mind you)

• 110 Transfer Sage // Dec 12, 2012 at 3:24 PM

nufc-83

if we need a defender who cna settle quick I’d go germany, france, holland, belgium…in that order..Obviously if some top talent was from a spanish league go there or wherever they are.

But for an attacking player where mistakes are not as costly I’d get a player in from spain without question.

• 111 Nufc-83 // Dec 12, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Im sorry i went over the top a touch spoof but i really dont understand how you can question his ability as a defender when if you look back over the last two years he has been absolutely top class and as WWYCD said vidic and Kompany are the only two i would consider better. The fact that when Colo makes a mistake it is picked up so much (may just be a wayward pass) shows how high standards we have come to expect from him. He has had a poor season again by his standards but that for me is because the team is lacking that strong and hard to break down one unit mentality it has nothing to do with him becoming a worse defender and if you put Kompany in you would see the same results.

• 112 Black and White with an army lol // Dec 12, 2012 at 3:27 PM

man city are gonna dominate us from kick i’d say 7-0 to man city, we might take a draw from QPR but honestly i cant see us winning for a few months by then it will be to late.

but on the positive side i only hope pardew can transform our team into winners and come out more hungry than any other team.

• 113 Spoof // Dec 12, 2012 at 3:30 PM

There seems to be a lot of rumours about Mbiwa, as good as he seems to be I get the impression that he would not be the type that we need, as some will now be aware Colo is not my favourite player, but we need someone to compliment Colo, strong and powerful in the air, Mbiwa is 6ft tall and good on the ground, he is a footballing centre half, thats not what we need, we need a 6ft2 6ft3 CH who is powerful and dominant, someone to compliment Colo, not another Colo type of centre half, however if he is to replace Colo then imo he would be an upgrade, but thats another subject

• 114 Black and White with an army lol // Dec 12, 2012 at 3:31 PM

it takes 1 player mistake for us to concede, but a whole team to lose, so why are many of you’s blaming 1 player instead of the whole team.

• 115 woolerbill // Dec 12, 2012 at 3:31 PM

All I want for Xmas is 2 C/B, 2 F/B, 1 M/F, and 1 C/F. We do need 2 C/H, Taylor is finished, collo’s legs have gone and as for willow out on loan to gates head.

• 116 somaliland-toon // Dec 12, 2012 at 3:33 PM

the blame lies Alan Pardew, he has no tactical sense and I assume he doesnt sit at home days before a match and study the oppositions weaknes and strenght. the second reason why I blame him is because he has no motivational skills what so ever he is like a wet salad.

• 117 somaliland-toon // Dec 12, 2012 at 3:34 PM

with*

• 118 mfarmer85 // Dec 12, 2012 at 3:35 PM

I agree Pardew is partly to blame for this slump. Its his job to motivate and coach the players and now is the time we need this.

He’s to busy with his new g/f in London to probably care about the team.

He has his favourite players and picks them based on their name, not form.

• 119 check the toastie // Dec 12, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Worst thing Pardumb did was accept the job.

• 120 Williamsonsuks // Dec 12, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Hi all
    Read blog a lot but never comment. Had to comment when colo is getting it tight. Yeah he has made mistakes but c’mon he has a lot if baggage with Williamson and Simpson being useless. He has the coolest head I’ve seen compared to all of our previous defenders. He has great vision, technical ability and great range of passing. We would all miss Colo if was to be sold.

• 121 Rotonda heights // Dec 12, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Spoof

Sorry that is very short sighted

M’Biwa is exactly what we need .

Extremely fast, reads the game superbly, a leader, captain and a winner who would bring it out from the back.

Apart from us, stoke and west ham, most teams don’t throw endless hopeful high balls in all the time, so height not always a factor. Besides if you lose your marker it doesn’t matter how tall you are. Rodallega hardly a giant is he.

• 122 Toon_Jock // Dec 12, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Is this the Wonga Curse?

• 123 nufc90 // Dec 12, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Just looking up the contracts that expire in the summer. Could be a few bargains in January.
    (Players that could fit into our policy)
    France: Sissoko, Gouffran, Carlos Sanchez, Vincent Aboubakar.
    Germany: Holtby, Kuzmanovic, Jeffrey Bruma, Schwaab, Kirchhoff
    Holland: Douglas, Sulejmani, Roberto Rosales, Daley Blind

Definitely a few bargains about

• 124 geordiegav1987 // Dec 12, 2012 at 4:02 PM

why are people picking on collo whilst no one mentions williamson?
    I’m not just mentioning him because of the own goal cos that would be harsh, I mention williamson because he is shite, because I wouldnt buy him if I was the manager of hartlepool,because his only defensive tactic is to pull people down by their shirts in the box.
    And did anyone else notice that collo was one of the only players who didnt seem to give up after that 2nd fulham goal?
    collo looked more like scoreing than our strikers did, and he was getting back and makeing vital tackles . In my opinion collo is the only defender worthy of playing for NUFC, we need a whole new defense and have done for at least a few years now.

• 125 Rotonda heights // Dec 12, 2012 at 4:02 PM

WWYCD @ 99

……. And then completely kick all that got us there (aside from individual moments of brilliance and extreme luck) in to the long grass and never re-visit it.

To never see that a 442 with the Dembae will never work, period. That Cabaye is not a DM. That we hardly score at all. That we are the worst long ball offenders. That we are the worst set play team. That we never come back from a goal behind to win. That we have No away wins all season. Non existent passing and moving.

We’ve had all the excuses of injury and lack of investment. Our squad is still way better than the 5/6 teams we have just lost to. Sadly our ”untouchable” manager isn’t.

• 126 Spoof // Dec 12, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Nufc-83, apology accepted, obviously as you say the better the side the better you look, I can still remember Ian Rush as a Liverpool player saying that if you can’t score goals in this team then you will never score goals, which is basically what you are saying.
    Outstanding players will always stand out, for me this season is going to be a long and hard one, so my intention is to concentrate on Hatem Ben Arfa, when it comes to an all time best Newcastle 11, which is a topic we have all debated in, its a nightmare, so many superb players, Milburn, Shearer, MacDonald, Beardsley and so on, for me Ben Arfa is on that list, we may well keep him till the summer but even though we are not playing that well as a team Benny has been outstanding, he will go in the summer if not before, so lets make the most of him.
    But Colo, haway, open your eyes, his first season was a nightmare, actually I was one of a limited number who defended him, contrary to what we now see he is a right-sided centre half, but never in the same role twice with Taylor and Bassong, championship with Taylor he was always on the left and he learnt the role against inferior players, first season back he was ok, second season due to being in a winning team his stock went up, but how is a mystery, he was still the same as when we went down, well perhaps he did adjust his game slightly, but now that we really need some big players to step up, Colo’s true standard is coming to the fore, he is now as bad as he was when we went down

• 127 spitfire_ // Dec 12, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Lads, almost all of you wrote about who we need but no one ask the question do those players need us? In our situation I think not. Who need a team who fall down as a brick and a clueless manager? It’s gonna be a great 8 years of pain and suffer with Pardewenger. Here here.

• 128 sfosteruk // Dec 12, 2012 at 4:06 PM

just for JDdubai

Oh-oh, yes I’m the great defender
    defending until I fell
    My greed is such
    I back off too much
    I’m crap but hopefully no one can tell

Oh-oh, yes I’m the great defender
    Adrift in the box on my own
    I can play the game
    but to my real shame
    You’ve left you to defend all alone

I am going to play make-believe
    And pretend I’m a footballer I can’t conceal

Yes, I’m the great defender
    Taking the mantle from Colo the clown
    I seem to be what I’m not, you see
    I’m just lonely with my frown
    Defending but I’m nowhere to be found

I am going to play make-believe
    And pretend I’m a footballer I can’t conceal

Yes, I’m the great defender
    Taking the mantle from Colo the clown
    I seem to be what I’m not, you see
    I’m just lonely with my frown
    Defending but I’m nowhere to be found (to be found)

• 129 Indian Magpie // Dec 12, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Lee Ryder ?@lee_ryder
    Glad to see Bradford back in the FA Cup after FA reinstate them over Curtis Good-gate #nufc

• 130 Eddie // Dec 12, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Tean for Citeh:
    Cisse
    Ferguson Ben Arfa Santon
    Anita
    Jonas Tiote Perch
    Tavernier
    Coloccini

Krul

• 131 Carryingcoals // Dec 12, 2012 at 4:16 PM

spoof

Against Sunderland this season Colo was absolutely sensational. He is not the same player as he was when we went down.

The whole team isn’t playing well.

Colo is one of the league’s top, top defenders.
    You’ve got it wrong big time here mate. – His ‘true standard’ is of elite nature.

• 132 Eddie // Dec 12, 2012 at 4:17 PM

“Team” even. To my fevered mind Santon could be our right-sided Bale – pace, touch, power… a dynamic presence!

• 133 Transfer Sage // Dec 12, 2012 at 4:18 PM

The January window I say we get 3 players

Douglas 6’4 and a solid lad
    Mbiwa – very quick CB with a lot of experience for a young age
    Debuchy – looked good for France and Carr likes him

Then we have colo, mbiwa and Douglas (Taylor too when fit) all different centre backs so should find a good combination and can alter the team if needed to suit certain opponents.

A creative player or striker would be good but not crucial

HBA, marv and cabs all offer that. Also have amalfitano coming through soon hopefully.

We have two goal scores in Ba and cisse of they are used properly. We also have Campbell who offers pace and from what I have seen should easily make our bench.

No point signing more creative players if we hump it long all the time anyway.

Get those 3 defenders an it gives is a solid ground to build on as well as good possession at the back.

• 134 Spoof // Dec 12, 2012 at 4:18 PM

spitfire, who would you suggest we get as manager, do you believe that the Jose Mourinho’s of this world would accept a job which means that their transfer dealings would bring money into the club rather than out of it, I don’t think so, so please tell me which manager apart from Alan Pardew could have took us into Europe as he did

• 135 Indian Magpie // Dec 12, 2012 at 4:24 PM

If we are struggling would any 1 want to join us. it is not as if we pay great wages. Would certainly not pay Over the top Transfer fees

• 136 catchy in norway // Dec 12, 2012 at 4:24 PM

spin doctors believe 95% of the fans are right behind pardew,
    40000 at the wigan game says there a little bit out by my reconing

i think pardew is setting his team up to be slaughtered on sat if he goes out to attack, i mean of all the teams we could have gone all out attack, he choses the one with the best forwards,
    we could have went all out attack against west ham, fulham stoke norwich to name but a few, lmao

he is a complete idiot,

pardew take a bow,

• 137 catchy in norway // Dec 12, 2012 at 4:26 PM

8 players lined up for every position,, that was his words

• 138 spitfire_ // Dec 12, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Spoof, as you probably saw I did NOT speak about changing the manager. Are we agree on that? If you don’t – buy a glasses if you do – you put some meaningless question.

And just one little advice – just stop living in the past. Last season was perfect but the key words are “LAST SEASON” and Newcastle cannot have the luxury to live in the past… neither do I. Well done to Pardewenger but we are struggling THIS SEASON a.k.a the present.

• 139 Spoof // Dec 12, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Carryingcoals, sorry m8 but you have came in half way through this debate, as I said earlier, like yourself he was superb against Sunderland, too get the full picture you need to read all the Colo refrences

• 140 Super Magpie // Dec 12, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Sage
    I would love that but I can’t see that happening.
    I said after the Swansea which players we should bring in:

IN-
    Douglas- £3m-£4m
    Debuchy- £5m-£6m
    Sissoko- £2m-£3m
    ( Remy if possible too, but I can’t realistically seeing us doing this unless Ba leaves, I would also rather have M’Biwa too. But I don’t think we’ll cough up the money for him)

OUTS-
    Simpson- £1m-£2m
    (Ba- £2m, if he goes we should bring in Remy, even if we have to spend more)

• 141 Tsunki // Dec 12, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Tbf spoof CC hasn’t misunderstood you though, you are claiming colo is no good aren’t you?

• 142 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 12, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Are we wanting Colo out now too?

New idea people, to save some time.

Let’s list what we want to keep at the club.

Everyone agree we should keep SJP?

• 143 Marty-Toon // Dec 12, 2012 at 4:46 PM

I think we’re in for our biggest thumping this Saturday.
    Silva and Toure with Aguero and Tevez will just make Willo dizzy

• 144 Tsunki // Dec 12, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Ibiza it will only get worse. I hope the players don’t isten to half our tosh because they would collectively stick their heads in a gas oven. Although technically that isn’t poisonous but you get the idea with what I am doing there….

• 145 Spoof // Dec 12, 2012 at 4:48 PM

spitfire, 8 years of pain and suffer, correct me if I’m wrong, where they your words, yes you did not actually say “sack the manager” but your words were clear enough, after all if you have a good manager you won’t be suffering will you, living in the past, please explain, I have spoke about two subjects today, Pardew with the bad luck concerning injuries, and Colocinni, who for me is a poor defender but some believe that last season he was great, but this season those same people accept that he is poor, so how am I living in the past

• 146 Rotonda heights // Dec 12, 2012 at 4:51 PM

spoof

Roeder got us 6/7th one year but he wasn’t good enough and nor is pardew. One season wonders aren’t any good for sustained long term growth and there is nothing in Pardew’s CV (almost left it at that) to suggest consistent upward development. Quite the reverse.

He’s had all season to try something different but no its 442 ba and cisse hoof ball every game, bar wigan (v 10 men) and Bordeaux home leg.

He’s untouchable because he’s mates with ashley and Llambias as no one else would work for them.

• 147 Indian Magpie // Dec 12, 2012 at 4:53 PM

pardew’s master plan for saturday.

Hoof the ball that high that it does not come down for 90 minutes.

match dawn – a good point against the champions

• 148 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 12, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Tsunki….I’m not so sure, we have some easy games coming up – perfect time to turn things around…oh wait.

I wonder if there is room for my head in that oven…. (no jokes needed about my head being able to fit in an oven…my ego might be inflated from time to time, but my head is in perfect proportions…at least that’s what my mummy told me ;) )

• 149 BelfastMagpie // Dec 12, 2012 at 4:56 PM

The sharks are circling…

• 150 Rotonda heights // Dec 12, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Ibiza

I like the sound of that. Can we all play?

OUTS

Pardew
    Simpson
    Williamson
    Ba?

INS

Laurent Blanc
    Corchia
    Sissoko
    M’Biwa
    Remy?

• 151 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 12, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Rotonda…We can, but you’ve already broken the rules :)

Only list what you want to keep, it is assumed everything else is to blame and must go.

Also, no replacements or incomings, just what we want to keep.

• 152 stuart no9 // Dec 12, 2012 at 5:00 PM

i dont understand why people would rather see what happens with pardew , by that time it will be far too late to do anything about it , rather than fix it now by sacking him and getting some one in who can get us out of this sickening situ.
    there is an old saying which goes ” prevention is better than cure ” yhat is so,so, true – even in football . it is no good at all , just getting the decorators in and papering over the cracks, what we need is the builders in – totally gut the place and and do a total renovation job, and try again

• 153 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 12, 2012 at 5:01 PM

That should have been

*anyone can

• 154 Blaydon-Toon // Dec 12, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Would be nice if Kompany is still out for game sat … Think we should go for it against city lets face it if we sit back (like last season) city will pick us off nobody expects us to win so have nothing to lose ! PMA let’s give it a go I would rather us get beat trying to win rather than waiting to loose …

• 155 Rotonda heights // Dec 12, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Eddie @128

Would love that team, but let’s guess what the chances are with the silver supremo!!!!!

• 156 Joe Blog // Dec 12, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Has Pardew gone yet? Nope? Ok, back tomorrow to check again.

• 157 BelfastMagpie // Dec 12, 2012 at 5:04 PM

What a great Idea..

Ibiza šticking his head in the oven.

Make sure you pre heat the oven first..

• 158 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 12, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Stuart….If people felt we could get in an established better manager then that would be a different story. All anyone is suggesting is replacing Pardew, but with who?

Rather than a new “muppet”, I’d rather give the chance to someone who whether deservedly or not, did get us 5th and Europa. Not at the cost of relegation, obviously, but at this point aren’t we as likely to stay up as we would be to go down?

Anyway, back to the game.

Stuart would keep nothing, we need a complete new refurb. Anyone else?

• 159 nufc90 // Dec 12, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Krul
    Simpson Williamson Coloccini Santon
    Perch Tiote Anita
    Ben Arfa Cisse/Ba Marveaux

Play that team on Saturday. No chance of Pardew picking Marveaux though, plays his best game against Wigan then gets 4 mins against Fulham. Shocking.

• 160 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 12, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Belfast….Thanks. I needed that injection of love to get me through the day.

Tw@! :)

• 161 Spoof // Dec 12, 2012 at 5:08 PM

RH, you can’t class someone as being a one season wonder until they have completed at least two full seasons, this is Pardew’s second, give him a chance, in all honesty Jose Mourinho is a superb manager, given the restraints that Pardew has had, could Jose have done much better.
    A simple question for you, since Ashley took over how many times have we spent more that what we have sold, it has happened, Cisse last January, but take a look at what has gone out and what has came in and then judge Pardew, lets not blame Pardew for MA’s running of the club

• 162 spitfire_ // Dec 12, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Spoof , I’m sorry that I expressed my opinion… but still where I said “Pardew out”? Nowhere. It’s only you twisting my words as you wish.

• 163 Indian Magpie // Dec 12, 2012 at 5:13 PM

IBIZA putting his head in the oven, would it be like it was in Friends with a turkey on

• 164 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 12, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Indian…Similar concept, varying results.

• 165 Williamsonsuks // Dec 12, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Noticed nobody mentioned Santon. In my opinion he is streets ahead of simpson and is another defender we have to keep. Love STaylor but he’s always injured, so if he was to leave we wouldn’t really notice.

• 166 Indian Magpie // Dec 12, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Good Night Gentle Men

• 167 Pardews Perfect Battleplan // Dec 12, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Joe blog fake ruddy? ibiza on suicide watch?

• 168 stuart no9 // Dec 12, 2012 at 5:23 PM

ibiza- have i f///cked your game now??? nowt like going for the kill in a one,er mate !

• 169 Williamsonsuks // Dec 12, 2012 at 5:26 PM

We cant sack another manager! What have we had 8 or 9 in the last 10 years, hasn’t worked out to well in the past.
    Pardew was manager of the season last year. We did fluke a few results and it wasn’t the best football but he seem to be good at man management, look at Perch and Rtaylor.
    Injuries and lack of transfers is the reason we are where are. If we dont strengthen in january we will go down but I still wouldn’t blame Pardew.

• 170 Spoof // Dec 12, 2012 at 5:26 PM

spitfire, Am I really twisting your words or are you hiding behind them “It’s gonna be a great 8 years of pain and suffer with Pardewenger. Here here., ” unless I have totally misconstrued what you were saying, I would suggest that you don’t really want Pardew as our manager, but there may well be a coded message which mere mortals as myself can’t pick-up, if so please enlighten me !

• 171 Pardews Perfect Battleplan // Dec 12, 2012 at 5:28 PM

@stu sacking managers mid season meant exactly go well for us.
    i for one don’t want pardew sacked. if we buy in January and he has a full strength side to choose from plus additions and we still fail to start winning then he has no excuses. until that point i think its a case of riding the storm. all managers/teams are capable of underperforming for half a season.
    1 successful season and half a bad one is not scalable form

• 172 Pardews Perfect Battleplan // Dec 12, 2012 at 5:29 PM

@stu sacking managers mid season meant exactly go well for us.
    1 successful season and half a bad one is not sackable form. yet.

• 173 Rotonda heights // Dec 12, 2012 at 5:30 PM

Spoof

Are you seriously saying that all the clubs we have lost to at home as well as recently promoted teams like Southampton could boast the calibre of the following:-

Krul, Santon, Tiote, Cabaye, Benny, Ba, Cisse, Anita, Colo and Marveaux.

It takes a special talent or massive ”I know best” ego to f..k things up with that lot.

• 174 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 12, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Does no one else find talk and any comparison whatsoever to Mourinho a little silly?

What happened to managing our expectations after relegation.

So, we’re in our 3rd season back up, got 12th, then 5th, now we’re ready for bigger and better?

Just checking in as I think I missed the memo that we’re deserving of more already.

• 175 Rotonda heights // Dec 12, 2012 at 5:32 PM

@168

we got rid of hughton when he was in a far better situation and it’s not just 1 and a half seasons check his cv.

• 176 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 12, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Stuart….Well, it was a f*****d game to start with, so don’t beat yourself up, I forgive you.

PPB…..Suicide watch you say. I think normally that is to prevent the suicide taking place, somehow I think in this case it’d be more about entertainment.

• 177 Pardews Perfect Battleplan // Dec 12, 2012 at 5:36 PM

@rotonda. im talking about pards time with us. ignoring his first half season when he simply worked with what he had.

• 178 Pardews Perfect Battleplan // Dec 12, 2012 at 5:37 PM

ibiza some would chuck you in

• 179 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 12, 2012 at 5:39 PM

PPB….Funnily enough I get that feeling too.

• 180 Pardews Perfect Battleplan // Dec 12, 2012 at 5:41 PM

off to the gym. ibiza have my back while im away lol

• 181 spitfire_ // Dec 12, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Spoof, “I would suggest” you say… Suggest? When you see me to ask for Pardew’s head… then I want Pardew’s head… the other is just as you said “you suggesting” on my words. Over and out.

• 182 Spoof // Dec 12, 2012 at 5:41 PM

A mid-table team over achieves and gains entry to the Europa league, the following summer the owners point blank refuse to back the over achieving manager in the transfer market, we are then left with an excessively large amount of games with a tiny squad, we then have an injury crisis which weakens the squad further, and due to the lack of investment we find ourselves in a relegation battle, so what do the fans ask for, a different manager, you pathetic little morons, shut up and crawl back under the rock you came from

• 183 Spoof // Dec 12, 2012 at 5:46 PM

RH, at 169, where did I suggest or even imply that to be the case

• 184 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 12, 2012 at 5:48 PM

PPB….I’ll do my best good sir. Enjoy sweating with other grown men.

• 185 toonicle // Dec 12, 2012 at 5:50 PM

If Pardew wants all out attack, he should be fielding Marv and Ben Arfa and just drop Jonas already. 4-2-3-1

simmo—Williamson—Colo—Santon
    Anita——————–Tiote
    Marv———Ben Arfa——–Ba
    Cisse

• 186 Joe Blog // Dec 12, 2012 at 5:51 PM

What do people reckon Ibizatoon looks like?

• 187 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 12, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Joe….If I had to guess, ravishing.

• 188 Joe Blog // Dec 12, 2012 at 5:55 PM

I reckon you look like Tony Hart’s creation, Morph.

• 189 Joe Blog // Dec 12, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Actually, the other one, Chaz, seeing as he’s tan coloured.

• 190 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 12, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Joe Blog…..That’s a charming thought. Any particular reason? Match my opinions and writing style?

• 191 check the toastie // Dec 12, 2012 at 5:59 PM

This is my summary of Pardews time at NUFC.

1st season – takes over from Hughton who had developed a great team spirit, with Big Chaarcters and a big heart. The strong characters in the dressing room (Nolan, Barton, Best, Jonas, Taylor, Harper, Enrique, Collo) maintained team spirit and kept us up comfortably which was acceptable for that season (nothing to do with Parsnip).

2nd season – the Hughton dressing room muscle leave, however Pardew inherits some super players due to Graham Carrs scouting prowess (Cabaye, a refreshed Benny, who he tries his best to p1ss off, Santon (Superb player, also benched for ages), and again Cisse who is an absolute Gem and still is, Ba also signs and is happy as he hasnt let his Ego consume him yet.

2nd season continued, we carry some luck but play the odd game were you may think that we are progressing in football terms. Cisse, BenArfa and Krul are unbeilievable and win us so many points that we actually really dont deserve.

Pardew got Lucky he has inherited the squad he did, individuals have won him some undeserved praise as generally the football he tried to get the team to play was poorly thought out and basically shit.

3rd Season – Parsnip has ran out of luck and the players look like they are not that bothered in saving his skin anymore.

He has become one dimensional and clearly is way out of his depth. Time to go son, get your bags packed.

PARDEW OUT.

• 192 beefman13 // Dec 12, 2012 at 5:59 PM

joe bogg, ibiza is a tribute judy galand gay act, he has mentioned this before.

• 193 beefman13 // Dec 12, 2012 at 6:00 PM

sorry missed the l out of blogg.

• 194 beefman13 // Dec 12, 2012 at 6:01 PM

sorry.missed the r out of garland! frigan hell.

• 195 Beattie25 // Dec 12, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Spoof

Have you ever thought that a different manager might just be able to get better results?

It might go the other way but we’d have more to gain from playing decent football and picking up points than loosing games and finding excuse after excuse from, as you so put it ‘an over achieving manager’.

My view comes from the fact that if we go down there willl be no miracle return next time.

If we go down, we stay there for a long time.

That is of course only an opinion. As is the opinion that a new manager would invigorate the team, appease the majority of the fans and with the planned investment in January, would provide the perfect formula to spark the enitre Gerodie nation into life.

As I have said, Laurent Blanc is available, young and a proven winner. He has his team playing lovely football and I think he’d love a chance to manage us.

I truly believe we could unite under then man as a fanbase and we could become united again, like we were before the cockney rebels took over.

I do not think PArdew is wholey to blame for the current slump, but I would still be saying we are under acheiving if we were 12th.

If Ashley cares about NUFC or not, it doesnt matter, because at the end of the day his business is 6 months away from ruin.

He has to act, either by firing the manager or investing heavily.

He is a gambling man though so I think he might do niether.

As Ibiza said earlier we do not deserve 5th, but we certainly dont deserve to be this far down the leauge with the manager scrathing his head, clueless as to how to change it.

He thinks attacking City is a good idea rather than looking at thier team and finding a perfect way to expose their weaknesses, good luck with that one. 4-4-2 it is, Ameobi and Ba up front and long balls becoming the attack.

City have had thier wake up call, they will come out all guns blazing. Our wae up call shouldve come after we were battered by Man Ure, but it seems the players are still fast asleep as PArdew dilly dallys over the best way to wake them from their slumber.

We have no leaders on the pitch so we need one in the dressing room.

Laurent Blanc to come in and Roy Keane to be our director of football and disciplinary manager.

That would wake those fcukers up.

• 196 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 12, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Check….No point trying to reason it out. Just say you dislike the man and struggle to credit him with anything positive whatsoever. As that is how it seems.

Pardew out!

P.S. Has he become one dimensional or has he always been that way?

• 197 89Norcal // Dec 12, 2012 at 6:06 PM

I agree with Beattie, we do lack a strong leader on the pitch. Colo is probably the closest but his recent blunders have been a setback.

In the end it’s both the Manager and Players’ fault for our slump. Prior to Wigan, Pardew was wrecking us with static, rigid longball. Now he’s stepped up and we’re playing far better, but we have a striker out of form, paired with another he can’t co-op with, and multiple injuries.

Even MY patience with Pardew was wearing thin. If we play better than we did vs Fulham I will have some restored faith, but it will be negated once he starts Jonas again :P

• 198 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 12, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Beefman….That was private info, that you got from attending my one man (or woman) show.

Beattie….Blanc and Keane….hmmmm…..

• 199 Ian Magpie // Dec 12, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Just my own personal opinion but I wouldn’t be suprised if Ashley/Lambierse don’t sign anyone!!! They have relegated us before and they can do it again! Lets hope not. What would you all think if come Feb 1st and we didn’t sign anyone!!!! Its not so out of the question as many may think!

• 200 GEORDIE69 // Dec 12, 2012 at 6:10 PM

LCM – Marveaux
    LCF – Orbetan
    CF – Ba
    RCF – Ben Arfa

SUBS – Elliot, Tavernier, Ferguson, Guito, Ranger, Cisse, Sammy

• 201 stuart no9 // Dec 12, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Pardews perfect @ 167& 168 my problem with that is – not enough time to turn it around if we ” hang on a bit ” in reality pards has already said ” he is worried” that worries me coz in truth he has nowt in his locker, no other way ” that he knows of “to get us out of this dire mess.imo, it dosnt matter who he buys, he wont know what to do with them on the pitch. – sorry mate but the taxi is booked.

• 202 Graeme // Dec 12, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Ibiza, how did you end up in the barrel tonight?? You been upsetting the restless natives again lol.

Dont understand what people hope to achieve by sacking Pardeaux at this point in time, with the transfer window only 20 days away!! In my humble opinion, our current predicament is down to our Illustrious Owner failing to acquire the CB we have been missing for over a year, together with at least an additional FB.

IF our desperately needed reinforcements are obtained in January, we will need to get them settled into the team in the shortest possible time to get our results back on track. To try and do that, while also introducing a new Manager, with new ideas, systems etc, would be an unmitigated disaster.

I would much sooner leave Pardeaux where he is, get the new players and start getting results. If MA is not happy, he can change manager in May, when it wont affect the playing staff.

• 203 Beattie25 // Dec 12, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Ibiza

It was an example, artistic liscence. Do not take it literally.

I was highlighting the lack of a leader in the dressing room.

Please do not your opinion of me get to a new low.

• 204 Graeme // Dec 12, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Beattie @ 191 – Roy Keane as Director of Football roflmfao

Wake them up? It would cause WW3 -

• 205 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 12, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Beatrice…My dear, how could I ever have a low opinion of you? Please. I get what you’re saying, get someone in with some serious balls.

Graeme….You tell me mate. Wait, was that in the barrel or over it? ;)

Sorry for the short answers, reading an old article / interview with Pardew. Back with you fine folk shortly.

• 206 Spoof // Dec 12, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Check the toastie, how about this for a resume.
    Chris Hughton defies all expectaction and gets our Premier league status back at the first attempt, or rather Kevin Nolan and Joey Barton get us promoted due to Hughton not being big enough to manage them, after a good start we then start to struggle in the top flight, Mike Ashley gets rid of Hughton as soon as he can due to the fact that Hughton would have eventually taken us down, shock and horror, Nolan and Barton have a manager to answer to, called Alan Pardew, goodbye Kevin, goodbye Joey, according to Alan we only need one manager, we then finish 5th and bouyed by our success we all expect some owner input, its time to move on and progress, shit, I forgot, Mike Ashley is our owner, Oh well, it was a good dream, but what do we as fans do now, well its obvious who is too blame, the manager, YOU SAD LITTLE CREATURES, WAKE UP, WE HAVE GOT A GOOD MANAGER, BUT NOT EVEN THE BEST MANAGER IN HISTORY COULD SUCCEED WITH MIKE ASHLEY AS AN OWNER, lets be fair and realistic when it comes to criticism.

• 207 Beattie25 // Dec 12, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Whats Chris Samba up to these days? Is he still getting abused by those Russians?

He’d be a good signing!!

• 208 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 12, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Ibiza…that’s easy; Benny! :D

…I told you yesterday everyone had to go – we’re having a fire sale! lol

• 209 Tsunki // Dec 12, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Is Coloccini the new improved Willo after the Fulham game? Selective viewing at its best complete with blinkered perspective. How about looking with a wider angle at how the lack of support from his unit is leaving him to cover a wide arc in front of goal that almost reaches the halfway line now that Tiote is spreading xmas cheer and showering opposing teams with gifts?

Again on the Jonas thing ( oh no not the Jonas thing again man give it a ..) But if a players ‘legs have gone’ and he no longer offers a threat on the wing etc, how come he played well during the 2nd half, and especially later on when he was pushing forward of Santon. If the supposed legs were gone, surely his best performance would be at the start of the game not the end? Maybe Jonas has had his game ruined, but I think the player is still there, he needs to have his old spot back, he guarded Raylor, and although I like Santon, he covers for him. If Santon learned from Enriques time here, he would know better how and when to forge forward. I can bet that whoever starts instead of Jonas will either expose Santons weakness ( and in doing so our defence) or go the same way as Jonas. I don’t care if Pardew does sub him out, I would just hate it if it opened up another gaping weakness in our back line. That is the end of my Jonas rant. For today anyway.

• 210 Tsunki // Dec 12, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Ian Magpie – that, Sir, would be a Neutron Bomb.

• 211 Beattie25 // Dec 12, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Spoof

Whats the problem with wanting better?

You want a better owner, some want a better manager, other better players.

We need in thoery all 3, but the most likely and possibly best course of action at this moment in time is a new manager (only my opinion).

No white knight upon a golden steed will ride in and buy NUFC from Mike Ashley, and no spending spree will happen in Janurary to reinvigorate a small and in areas massivley poor, team.

Soemthing has to happen, and I honestly believe you and a select few others think we are satring down the barrel of a water pistol when it is a fully loaded shot gun pointed in our faces.

I hate to say I told you so, but these issues were being pointed out by myself and many others at the end of last season. Pardew either lied or was lied to, it doesnt matter, all that matters is that he is not getting the best out of our small team so we have to find someone who can cos we are stuck wirh Ashley and the poor players for a while yet.

• 212 Tsunki // Dec 12, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Beattie – one thing you can’t say is that you HATE to say ‘I told you so’ ;)

• 213 bottle // Dec 12, 2012 at 6:34 PM

I’m truly depressed by most of the comments on this blog lately, though I rarely post. Last season AP said that consistency was his aim. We had to deliverlike this – every season. and in this he has failed so far. To be fair he has been hampered by a very poor transfer window, a series of injuries which has meant he has had to play backup players in the starting lineup regularly, he hasn’t really adapted to the two matches a week timetable and some senior ‘purples’ just have not performed. Include Tiote, Krul, Colo, , Guti, Cisse for various games this season with Cabaye not recovereing from his earlier injury and in third gear mos the time. Then we are forced to rely on players like Simmo and Willo who ought to be back up players getting a handful of appearances only in a full season. Not their fault but they ought to be in the fizzy.

I think Pardew planned to play 4-3-3 but has been totally buggered by Ba being unwilling and having to play a very poor back four. The two or three decent defenders we have desperately needed for two years have meant we play a sub-standard game tactically with far too much emphasis on caution, and the whole team out of balance as the back line is poor (take Santon and Colo out too and we really would be relegation fodder). Because we can’t build from the back given the quakity of player we are being forced to play, then we are reduced tactically. It affectes the midfield and forwards just as much. Add in poor form and some dodgy managerial decisions and we are where we deserve to be.

But confidence is worth a lot of points and a few runs of luck will bring that back to the side and hopefully give the manager a bit of bottle too.

The only way out of this is bottle as AP will not be sacked. If Mashley shows a bit of bottle too and signs the defenders we need then next month we will not only survive but could be back in the top ten too.

As for the SACK PARDEW battalion commanded by Catchy and Rotonda well you just can’t argue with a sick mind.

• 214 Rotonda heights // Dec 12, 2012 at 6:37 PM

SPOOF

when you resort to getting abusive you’ve kind of lost the argument and missed the point.

• 215 stuart no9 // Dec 12, 2012 at 6:42 PM

spoof – you are so so wrong about pards being a good manager. i could explain to you why – i feel we have been through this all before- last year was a fluke . as soon as his defenders got injured against chelsea we collapsed like a pack of cards,. tactic now in tatters , pardew at a loss – football wasnt great all season – taylor & collo playing their heart out every week was the reason for our success , now football worse than last year. what is good about that ? nichts.!

• 216 Rotonda heights // Dec 12, 2012 at 6:46 PM

bottle

you had half an argument but let yourself down at the end resorting to abuse. Shame kind of lost your credibility then.

if ba won’t play left of a front 3, then pardew needs to
    grow a pair .

Listen pardew had west ham in exactly our situation and they got rid of him just in time when he couldn’t work out where to play tevez and mascherano. A bit like before benny finally got a game last season.

Look I don’t have to defend myself to you just look at the facts and stats. I want to stay up with a manager who isn’t defensive, doesn’t play play long ball football and has a plan B. If that makes me a sick mind , I’d hate to be sane!

• 217 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 12, 2012 at 6:46 PM

There’s no such thing as paranoia, it’s always twice as bad as you
    fear
    And the thing that destroys you, is that you had the answers right
    here
    There’s no such thing as paranoia, it’s always twice as bad as you
    fear
    I told you I told you I hate to say I told you so…

…and ode to you Beatrice :-D

• 218 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 12, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Okay, here is what I was reading

The bit on 2nd season syndrome is interesting. My first reaction was, well, this is actually your second season, were you not worried this summer? Well, the answer is yes. He did want new players in and to continue to mix things up and to keep building. This wasn’t down to Pardew.

The only thing that I can begin to understand fans frustration with regards to Pardew is the negative tactics and him being a long ball manager.

I still believe and it is only that, belief, that he is limited with some of the players we are having to use. Mainly Willo and Simmo. They are 50% (i’m not even counting K’rul in this and he’s equally guilty as the troublesome two with this, but maybe it’s because he has them as 50% of his short pass options, anyway, i’m getting sidetracked) of our defense. So that’s at least 50% of traffic coming from two players who are not suited to a passing game, I’d go as far as saying they cannot play that type of game. So how do you implement your master plan with such weak links?

I may be wrong, maybe it’s just a convenient excuse, but for all the CH fans, he didn’t have us playing great football with these players, why should Pardew have managed it by now? We have seen glimpses of it, so I understand frustration when it reverts back to the old format, but is there really no signs of what he wants us to become? Are we not on that path and therefore does that not deserve some time, patience and support?

Why all of a sudden such a rush? We’re looking at relegation? Well, sort of, but it’s December and we’re not rooted in the bottom three, QPR were a team in need, not us at this point.

Sorry guys, I am thinking this one over and over but I never come to the conclusion that sacking Pardew now would be the best thing to do.

I honestly feel and this is meant with total respect, that some fans have just lost their bottle. It’s easy to support a team when they’re doing well and I do understand where the panic comes from, has been a fair bit of pain throughout Ashleys reign and I do accept there is a chance of me being proved a fool and trust me it will hurt me all the more, but I do believe.

See what happens when I don’t post all day? I start with these sort of posts, ask yourselves, is this what you really want? :)

I’m already anticipating the “Okay then ibizatoon, answer your own question, “is this really what you want?””

My answer is ultimately, Yes, this is what I want. I don’t want poor football and poor results, but at this point that isn’t what I feel I’m settling for, it’s bad form, but that is temporary.

• 219 Spoof // Dec 12, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Beattie, I know what you are saying and I know where you are coming from, I wont say you are right or wrong, I simply don’t know, how many times has a change of manager saved a club, and in all honesty, yes we are in a battle, but we do still have some quality, last season our quality players rarely got injured we had a great start with confidence high and we over achieved, different story this time round, the biggest difference being an unsettled side due to the Europa league and injuries which has knocked the fluidity and the confidence, the way we played against Fulham on Monday, if it had been last season we would have won, confidence and belief is a wonderful thing.
    All this nonsense about attacking football is starting to get annoying, West Brom were up and down like yoyo’s before they realised that a bit of steel is needed, without steel you do the same as Burnley and Blackpool, that is no good for us, so lets concentrate on results rather than performances, what would you prefer, Kevin Keegans entertainers who win nowt or George Graham’s 1-0 to the Arsenal who won the league, if you say KK you are deluded and you are kidding yourself, a good result always gives more pleasure that a losing good performance

• 220 Rotonda heights // Dec 12, 2012 at 6:51 PM

69 @196

good line up, a bit of pace and creativity

• 221 jonobbad // Dec 12, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Haha.
    Just saw a post blaming Jonas’ shortcomings on Santon attacking all the time. Damn I want whatever you’re on. The crazies are back.
    My biggest problem with Jonas is the fact he is like a defensive midfielder… For the opposition.
    He is so slow he breaks down our own play. He doesn’t beat his man anymore he just steps on the ball, invites people onto him, gets tackled and we areon the back foot.
    I think he needs to be dropped to invigorate him a bit.

• 222 jonobbad // Dec 12, 2012 at 6:57 PM

My advice is watch a few full games and then judge on what you have seen not what you have heard. Moron

• 223 Rotonda heights // Dec 12, 2012 at 7:00 PM

spoof

first time round KK won most games with terrific style and came desperately close and gave me some of the best days ever of watching NUFC.

It’s ok if you win playing boring football. Not ideal, but at least winning is winning, but if you are playing really dire stuff and losing 6 out of the last 7 games against average opposition and recently promoted teams at home, you’re on a road to nowhere with a guy who’s got form for it.

How the hell do you think he got the job in the first place. A Z lister if ever there was one, just one step up from JFK.

Why can’t Pardew coach simmo and willo to do short passes and how did they ever get to this level if they can’t?

• 224 Spoof // Dec 12, 2012 at 7:02 PM

RH, if I was abusive I apologise, that was not my intention, having read my post again with the caps, it was bad by myself, I was trying to push home a point, but reading it again it was as you say abusive, sorry m8, I did not mean to be offensive, I do hope you can forgive my very poor comment and try to take the point which I was trying to make, which was about what difference the best or worst manager could make if his hands were tied

• 225 Rotonda heights // Dec 12, 2012 at 7:05 PM

spoof

”if it had been last season we would have won”

That’s not really a cogent arguement is it, come on!

It’s not ”what ifs’.

What if Wigan hadn’t had a man sent off etc etc.

Fulham hadn’t scored in 5 hours, have sold dempsey and dembele and had Ruiz injured !

• 226 Rotonda heights // Dec 12, 2012 at 7:07 PM

apology accepted

• 227 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 12, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Jono…..As I respect them and their reasoning (well most), but disagree…..isn’t that what respect is about? What is incorrect about that oh wise one?

I have watched almost all of the games this season, sadly, and I have acknowledged the performances or lack thereof and offered my very own opinions along the way. Sometimes you are blinded by what’s right in front of you that you miss the bigger picture. I know what I am seeing, I don’t know with 100% certainty why, but i know what I believe.

Your thoughts, oh wise one.

• 228 hotdog // Dec 12, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Ibiza – you’re already a fool what you talking about ;-) seriously I echo your thoughts. Pards deserves more time and a few more signings

Rotonda – I think AP is getting the max out of simmo and willo. The effort is there, the class he can’t magic out of nowhere!

• 229 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 12, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Hotdog….Good point, is it possible that I could become an even bigger fool?

• 230 jonobbad // Dec 12, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Hmm strange that. Normally you have only watched 10 mins or none at all.
    Either I have dreamt it (no definitely not) or you have a selective memory again.

• 231 Rotonda heights // Dec 12, 2012 at 7:12 PM

What i don’t get is that pardew has assembled some really good technical players and saw what 433 could do last season.

If it is all about keeping Ba happy centrally, then surely we could have looked at and assessed the situation differently rather than flogging a dead horse all season.
    We could have had Cisse on the bench or rotating.

• 232 GEORDIE69 // Dec 12, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Aye Rotonda, that team would only leave Simpson playing hoofball.

• 233 jimmysmith // Dec 12, 2012 at 7:12 PM

We all seem to agree that we are struggling because of the failures in the pre season transfer market being exposed by injury, suspension and Europe. How then are some posters also calling for Pardews’ head and questioning the worth of our better players? Isn’t that a little counter intuative? What’s the thinking – a bad run so the whole thing must be f@cked, therefore we obviously need to tear it all down and start again.

• 234 jonobbad // Dec 12, 2012 at 7:13 PM

No it’s not possible ibiza. Then you would be called Alan pardew

• 235 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 12, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Ibiza…you almost wtote that sometime one has to ‘kill his darlings’ for the good of the team even though it hurts to the bone :-D

…you are finally catching on my friend lol (I am like a proud heavyweight twin)

• 236 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 12, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Jono….I’m so glad you have a better understanding of my life than me, being such a moran and all. It’s good to know that you care so much and have got my back. Cheers pal.

Most, not all, oh wise one. I have missed some games, tut tut, should I go away and catch up on the 4 odd games I may have missed so far, then will I be worthy to talk with the big boys?

• 237 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 12, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Jimmy…I would like to direct you to the early threads today and I can assure you that we don’t agree why we are 5th from the buttom this season as oppose to 5th from the top as last season ;-)

• 238 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 12, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Right, time to eat. Wait, is it? Jono, help me out pal.

Jesper….Shall we get matching T-Shirts?

Catch you later.

• 239 Ian Toon // Dec 12, 2012 at 7:22 PM

bottle@209- Your post broadly encapsulates my long term stated
    position. The majority of comments could indeed have a depressing
    influence, if you were to believe them. It’s more the repetitive
    dumbing down comments that fail to inform, educate or entertain.
    I also do not agree that Catchy and Rotonda have sick minds there just plain wrong. I remain confident that there will be a number of new signings, primarily to significantly strengthen a weak defence.
    In conclusion, I agree with Tsunki’s reasoned argument on reasons for Coloccini’s indifferent form. Coloccini at times must think that fellow defenders ( Simpson and Williamson) are from a Sunday morning pub team. He has too many holes to fill.

• 240 jonobbad // Dec 12, 2012 at 7:27 PM

No you should maybe learn to not be a hypocrite.
    But I doubt it. No worries pal

• 241 jonobbad // Dec 12, 2012 at 7:30 PM

I don’t know your life. I just read what you comment. Maybe if you stuck to the truth it wouldn’t be as confusing

• 242 Spoof // Dec 12, 2012 at 7:32 PM

RH, very good questions, if I knew the answers, I would be our manager and it would be a case of Jose who the manager of Real where however have you actually checked Pardew’s record before he joined us, firstly at Reading who were a struggling side he turned them around and got them promoted, he then due to his Reading success took over at West Ham, he got them to the play-offs but failed to get promotion but he did succeed in getting them promoted the following season, the season after West Ham finished 9th, still their highest ever Premier league finish and they qualified for Europe due to an FA Cup final appearance, at Charlton they were virtually condemned before he took over at Christmas, but he very nearly saved them, which is his one and only taste of relegation, then at Southampton, three games of the season remaining and they were still in with a shout of the play-offs, with two games left it was all over, this does not sound to great but bearing in mind Soton had a ten point penalty at the start of the season, and he also won the Football league Trophy for them, most fans believe that if they were the manager they would win every game, but in real life, Pardew has a decent record

• 243 jimmysmith // Dec 12, 2012 at 7:38 PM

It isn’t reasonable to conclude that the greater majority believe our greatest need is in strengthening the squad. so we might perhaps do well to sort that out first, and then see how Pardew manages it, before we start calling for the “manager of the years” head and rubbishing the core of players that got us to fifth in the first place?

• 244 Spoof // Dec 12, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Ian Toon, I have to disagree m8, you fel that Colo’s poor form is down to being exposed from lesser players Simpson and Williamson, quite simply you are wrong, the only time Colo looks good is when either Tiote has protected the defence to sch an extent that Colo has been redundant or if Taylor has been carrying him, Tiote has been disappointing this season, Taylor is out injured, we are now seeing the real Colo, he is as bad as Willo, Taylor and Tiote can carry the defence, Taylor is injured and Tiote is out of sorts, its up to Colo to carry them, quite simply he just isn’t up to it.
    If Tiote gets back to form or Taylor gets back from injury our defence will be a lot stronger, Colo does not have that impact due to one reason, he isn’t good enough

• 245 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 12, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Jono…Stick to the truth? Thought I had been and I don’t expect you can be bothered to show me where I have lied.

I haven’t meant to be a hypocrite, really I haven’t. Can you let me know where I have been? Have you considered that maybe you have a selected memory “(no definitely not)”.

Sweet dreams oh wise one.

• 246 jonobbad // Dec 12, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Ibiza I tried this before. You couldn’t answer two simple questions when I asked. Find your hypocrisy yourself. Cnut

• 247 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 13, 2012 at 8:27 AM

Jono….I have taken a look at our posts from last night and can only actually see one question from you.

“How can you say the fans have lost their bottle but that’s with complete respect.”

I answered that.

Are you referring to another time? I can see you have an issue with me, which is not the end of my world, but for sh*ts and giggles, do let me know which two simple questions I haven’t answered as I would like to put this to bed at some point, as we’re probably better to avoid little snipes back and forth for the remainder of our days on here.

I’m not really sure how you want me to act Jono. You say I act like a 5 year old, yet you just seem to criticise me but not cite what in particular it is that you don’t approve of. It just comes across as you being a bit smug, which may just be in my interpretation.

So, if you would like to let me know what these two questions are I will do my best to answer them for you (with as little waffle as possible) otherwise, should we just ignore each other?

• 248 jonobbad // Dec 13, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Not on about last night. The I was on about the time you got your ass in your hand a couple of weeks ago. Cnut

• 249 jonobbad // Dec 13, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Ibiza I just want your hypocrisy to stop.
    You are one of two people on here who needs a slap and I haven’t even met you. It is your manner, your selective opinions and sly put downs to other bloggers.
    I try to ignore you and have no interest in even talking talking to you but you rile me by being a Cnut.

• 250 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 13, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Jono. I’m going to take away the fact you’ve repeatedly called me a Cnut and try to move on here. I don’t need you to like me, but funny enough I do try to be as respectful as possible.

Can you give me some sort of indication of where I have been a hypocrite? Also, what were the two questions that I haven’t answered when I had my ass in my hand?

previous post: These Games Are Massive For Magpies