The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

This Newcastle Youngster Keen To Go Out On Loan

9:43 am, Thursday, December 13th, 2012 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 38 Comments

20 year-old French midfielder Mehdi Abeid will go out on loan in January to a lower league club, to get some first team games under his belt, and he could be away from Newcastle through the end of the season.

mehdi abeid 0099

Mehdi Abeid - now wants to go out on loan

The Algerian U23 International has been one of our youngsters who have failed to step up to the plate this season, when they have been given an opportunity by manager Alan Pardew, although a year ago it looked like Mehdi would emerge as a top player for Newcastle in a year or so.

But after the dismal performance at Bordeaux a couple of weeks ago the Newcastle manager said he would be sending some younger players out on loan.

Newcastle set up a loan deal for Abeid earlier this year, but he turned down that opportunity, but this time he seems very willing to get first team games away from Newcastle:

“The manager has told me to go on loan, get more experience and to come back and get better. The manager likes me, I think, we have a good relationship and we have spoken many times. I hope to go on loan soon and get some more experience of first team football.”

“It’s been nice playing for the reserves but I would like to play at a higher level than that to become a better player. I can see me leaving in January, maybe in England or France. I’m not sure yet.” “I train every day with Newcastle, I aim to do my best every day with Newcastle and I feel like I am improving as a player with Newcastle when I am playing with the reserve team.”

“It’s what I try to do to impress the manager. Every time I get the chance to train with the first team I try to make sure I do my best so that I get the chance.” “It’s been great for me to come to Newcastle and to train with better players every day.” “I progress every day because of those players I am working with.”

“That’s what I need to become a better player.” “I know I can play with the first team and I have to keep going, show my character that I can play for the Newcastle first team.”

Abeid has four appearances for Newcastle since he joined us last year on a free transfer from French club Lens, and he is best friends with Hatem Ben Arfa, who is now one of Newcastle’s best players.

And that’s a good attitude being shown by the 20 year-old, and we think some first team games in the lower leagues will do him a power of good.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Loan Moves · Mehdi Abeid · Newcastle News · Newcastle Youth

38 responses so far ↓

• 1 Indian Magpie // Dec 13, 2012 at 9:44 AM

He should get away from Pardew, may be will learn something from a good manager

• 2 Transfer Sage // Dec 13, 2012 at 9:48 AM

WWYCD

I think it would be good business to sell tiote and bring in say diame and cissokho (both would be for a reasonable fee) diame could get his fitness back by mid feb according to allerdyce and cissokho ready to play now.

The problem you and I know too well though is that although there is some sense in that idea Ashley will sell and then only bring players in if he thinks they are the right price so could be waiting 2 seasons to repalce him

• 3 Santon03 // Dec 13, 2012 at 9:53 AM

sorry repost

@Graeme – LOL
    @TS & WWYCD

They are still very young still have time to improve same as Campbell, if we get another player with the same age under current circumstances, I don’t think it will be much help. Current circumstances need experience to handle pressures.

• 4 WWYCD // Dec 13, 2012 at 9:53 AM

On Abied good for you go have fun

TS
    Fact is we sell Tiote and bring no one in (most likely to happen) we are done Cabaye cant carry the team alone and Anita cant do what Tiote can do which then heaps the pressure on Bigi/Perch and with Perch playing CDM our CB back up is gone

Sissokho is free in summer I dont see fat lad paying for something now when its free a few months down the line and Diame is crocked which we have no idea when he will be fully fit again plus we dont know what his release clause actually involves or what wages he thinks he is worth

• 5 Raktim Sharma // Dec 13, 2012 at 9:54 AM

repost

I have noticed that we have resigned to the fact that players above 30 shouldnt be brought in. Arent we missing out on some really good players who have 3-4 years in them. Just look for the quality and wages balance and get the guy on a 3 year deal! What’s wrong with that, as long as we don’t crowd the dressing room with 30 year olds. it will be a wild example, but lets say, bellamy??

• 6 nick_9 // Dec 13, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Sage if we sold tiote we could bring in an adequate replacement in Diame or sissokko and a good central defender or full back. Man if Ashley could see us saying that he would be calling clubs like Chelsea as we speak

• 7 Transfer Sage // Dec 13, 2012 at 9:56 AM

WWYCD

yeh that’s the problem…I’d definitely be much more comfortable with the idea if we signed those two before we sold…but that’s not how we seem to do business.

• 8 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 13, 2012 at 9:57 AM

For me it is crucial that our youngsters stay in England when they go out on loan!

…I even think SAF have said the same (not that I care what he thinks :-D lol)

• 9 Transfer Sage // Dec 13, 2012 at 9:58 AM

nick9

WWYCD says it well….we dont operate on a sell to buy policy.

Our selling and buying is totally seperate.

WE might bring in 2-3 players without selling. equally if there are no players we consider good value we could easily bring in nobody but sell if we get a good offer.

The policy of not spending dangerous amounts is good, but we just simply don’t implement it right.

• 10 Graeme // Dec 13, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Jesper, you’re right, what the hell would he know anyway lol

• 11 Santon03 // Dec 13, 2012 at 9:59 AM

I watched Diame against stronger teams, he isn’t that good. Tiote is better than Diame imo, but Diame looks amazing against us, that means we are not that good.

• 12 WWYCD // Dec 13, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Santon03
    True Sammy may come true but Vuckic cant stay fit to save his life so how can the lad progress? Questions were being asked about his future with us 2 injuries ago. His training time with the club is a fraction of his physio table time

And am not saying we the dont need experience but there is no getting away from the fact we are in trouble building for the future is all well and good but we need to be stable in PL first, our kids arent good enough and its not likely they will all come good which seems to be what we were banking on this season

• 13 nick_9 // Dec 13, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Raktim Sharma Ashley is all about protecting his finances. A player under 26 can still be sold after a few years and fetch a decent few, a 30 year old cannot. Even if a 30 year old would benefit the team he wouldn’t do it, he has his ways and we are stuck with them

• 14 WWYCD // Dec 13, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Come to thing of it am a bit fed up with out transfer ‘plan’ haha

• 15 Santon03 // Dec 13, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Guys, got to go. We will continue this discussion later :P
    See ya

• 16 Transfer Sage // Dec 13, 2012 at 10:03 AM

santon

Diame came on at half time against chelsea when west ham were 1-0 down…he changed the game and ran the show in the second half.

He did well against liverpool before he was injured too.

He is different player to tiote, he runs with the ball more…its what we need. A CM who beats their midfield opens up their defence to either a shot from that player or a chance to play one of the forward line in.

Same as yaay toure does for city but obviously not as good.

• 17 nick_9 // Dec 13, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Sage have to say I disagree with you there, last summer we sold Forster and Leon best for little over 5 million. We then released Guthrie, smith, lovenkrands and several youngsters saving us a considerable amount in wages for three or four weeks. Our next spend that widow was around one million. That season and the one we signed cisse are the only windows I can remember having a positive net spend

• 18 jimmysmith // Dec 13, 2012 at 10:04 AM

If Cheik is off to Chelsea and Demba’s off to Turkey, then we’re quite likely off to Hull, Huddersfield and Barnsley next season so Abeid might as well get a little Championship experience now cos he’ll doubtless be pulling the strings for us down there next season with Scrooge McMash also going down as one of the biggest duds in the history of English football while we’re about it..

• 19 Pardews Perfect Battleplan // Dec 13, 2012 at 10:06 AM

I’ve just been arguing to myself 2 stories ago

• 20 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 13, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Graeme…I know and my point sort of lost its meaning with that reference didn’t it ;-) lol

• 21 Jail for Ashley // Dec 13, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Sorry lads but I like to be in the loop when was the last time that we bought 2/3 players without selling, I remember somebody saying once about us selling Simpson without a replacement, there is no way he will be sold without getting somebody in first, on the contrary if you look at Mashley dealings after that very first initial splash out, nobody is bought until a player is first sold.

• 22 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 13, 2012 at 10:08 AM

PPB…I did try and warn you.

On Abeid….He would definitely benefit from a loan spell, doesn’t seem he’s ready for any first team action yet, so best to get some experience.

• 23 Pardews Perfect Battleplan // Dec 13, 2012 at 10:10 AM

warn me what?

• 24 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 13, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Jail….We did bring in Cabaye, Marv and Cisse without selling, but we did have the Carroll money, so would that fall under selling first?

• 25 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 13, 2012 at 10:12 AM

That we had moved on to this thread and that there is a monster under your bed.

• 26 nick_9 // Dec 13, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Jail it was the same the summer we made wholesale changes. We waited to get santon after Enrique went, we signed obertan immediately after routledge left, we signed cabaye after Nolan left and then let Barton go. We loaned Elliot straight after letting Forster go out on loan, we signed Ba in the summer 6 months after Carroll left when we all wanted a new partner for carroll

• 27 WWYCD // Dec 13, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Ibiza
    Sexy Pete and Carroll went before Marv and Cisse came in

Not sure if Nolan was flogged before Cabs came in though?

• 28 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 13, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Did Cabaye come after Nolan left?

• 29 nick_9 // Dec 13, 2012 at 10:14 AM

I think the players we signed for Carroll on reflection is Ba, cisse and marveaux. Not a bad deal in my book.

• 30 Transfer Sage // Dec 13, 2012 at 10:14 AM

nick

what do you disagree with? i’m not sure which part i said we have a high net spend or anything?

My point was that regardess of if we sell or not we only buy for “value” or what ashley considers value.

Cisse came in last jan with a net spend of 8/9 mil.

We sold carroll and bought nobody, then even the summer we only signed Ba on a free as a striker.

My point is valid I think…we don’t buy players immediately even if we are desperate…we always wait until there is “value”.

• 31 Pardews Perfect Battleplan // Dec 13, 2012 at 10:15 AM

ibiza i was 2threads back

• 32 nick_9 // Dec 13, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Sorry it was five or six days after but you can bet there was a inkling he was going as we wouldn’t give him a long deal

• 33 Jail for Ashley // Dec 13, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Ibiza,
    Nolan was sold five days after Cabaye joined so I’d say that deal was a done, Marv was an injured free and Cisse was bought ONE year after AC was sold.

• 34 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 13, 2012 at 10:19 AM

PPB….I know, that’s what I’m saying buddy :)

Yo…Forgot all about sexy Pete, he no longer haunts my dreams. Pretty sure Cabaye arrived really early in the summer, but have been wrong before.

Anyway, there is no disputing that we had to wait for the Carroll replacement to come in, but in hindsight, I don’t think they expected to get that sort of money so late and have since rectified that with Ba and then later Cisse, maybe not financially, but certainly with quality.

• 35 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 13, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Jail….Five days isn’t a lot, is it :) As you say, probably already in motion, but then so probably was the sale of Nolan.

On Cisse, well technically Carroll had been replaced with Ba, so Cisse was an additional purchase, not a replacement. But there was also Loverman, so yes, generally we are late to replace players. Especially as we’re trying to get ahead of the game, not just maintain.

• 36 WWYCD // Dec 13, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Ibiza
    How could u forget sexy Pete? I loved that bloke haha
    Aye seems Cabs arrived then Nolan left (still a mistake in my eyes) but the lapse in time was very small probably a sorted deal before Cabs came in plus the Cabs deal had to be done quickly

• 37 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 13, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Yo….Bless him, but he was hardly a big part of our plans at that point, but he was an extra body and gave his all (Lovenkrands).

Nolan would have been good to keep as a player, but I do understand not wanting to give him a long contract, but not taking away that he would be helpful to us right about now.

• 38 WWYCD // Dec 13, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Ibiza
    Aye Pete wouldnt of featured and him moving on was best for us both so no grudges held there but Nolan would of featured a lot, would of scored a bag full of goals and held the team together when things got tough

I understand not giving him a long contract but he had 2 years to run didnt he? For what we got for him there would of been minimal movement in the price we got for him

previous post: Turkish Club After Newcastle Striker In January