The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

This Top Newcastle Youngster Back In Business

10:35 am, Thursday, December 13th, 2012 by Ed Harrison · 12 Comments

Remie Streete is one of Newcastle’s top young players and he turned 18 last month, but the 6’2″ center-back is one of the special players, who Newcastle hope will come through big time in the next year or so.

remie streete 99

Remie Streete – top young player for Newcastle

The South Shields lad was impressing Alan Pardew big time early in the year, when he suffered a serious ankle injury playing in the Newcastle Reserves side at St. James’ Park against Sunderland, and the son of former Wolves player Floyd Streete has recently returned to full-time training.

Earlier this year Alan Pardew pointed to Adam Campbell and Remie as being two young players who would be joining the first team squad for the rest of last season, and of course Adam has already made his debut for Newcastle this season, and Adam himself is now fit again.

The news is that Remie Streete is training again with the first team squad and is again looking impressive, and don’t be surprised if this lad makes the bench for Newcastle in the next few months.

This is what Remie told the local press today:

“I know I’ll be given a chance when I’m ready – that’s all you can ask for as a player.” “Hopefully, I’ll take that chance, whenever it comes.” “I’ve got to get match fit, and play as many games as I can. Hopefully, I can stay away from injuries.”

“It’ll be good to just get back to playing football.” “The fitness work has been getting harder, but it’s all worthwhile.” “At some point, every player’s going to be out for two or three months.” “Everyone goes through it. But not being able to play for eight months is hard.”

“Now I can see light at the end of the tunnel – it’s just good to be out there training again.” “The rehab’s gone well. I just want to get out there and enjoy playing football now.” “The manager’s spoken to me a few times to see how things have been going. I’ve just got to work hard and keep on going.”

“I’m still only 18 – for a defender that’s quite a young age.” “I’ve got to thank the medical staff and the physios and fitness coaches.” “When I first did it, I thought when I came back it wouldn’t be the same, but it’s completely gone. I feel fine.” “I’ve got to thank all the staff.”

Remie won the inaugural Jack Hixon award last year, named in memory of the scout who first discovered Alan Shearer and remained friends with the Geordie striker for the rest of his life,  and earlier this year Streete was the recipient of the Wor Jackie Award.

That’s given out to the best Newcastle U18 player each year, and is named after the great Newcastle number 9 – Ashington-born Jackie Milburn – who scored 200 goals for Newcastle United in his career.

This lad is a promising player for Newcastle, and that’s putting it mildly.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Adam Campbell · Injuries · Newcastle News · Newcastle Youth · Remie Streete

12 responses so far ↓

• 1 Graeme // Dec 13, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Oh, another who could fit the bill of – “Just like a new signing” come February lol.

He has potential, what more can you say?

• 2 nick_9 // Dec 13, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Sage I am with you now, was under the impression you though we bought first and sold secondly.

Formation wise I think 4:2:3:1 is the best for us as it can fit Anita, tiote, cabaye, Ben Arfa, marveaux and cisse/Ba in an attacking line up. I also think a diamond 442 or 4:1:2:1:2 would work well with the players we have but relies on fullbacks for width so may be a bit narrow.

• 3 nick_9 // Dec 13, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Graeme didn’t you get the memo? Cabaye and Taylor are the new signings this coming window. Apparently Taylor can notch around 8 goals a season.

• 4 Transfer Sage // Dec 13, 2012 at 10:44 AM

nick9

I thought we were on similar wavelengths I just don’t think I put it right.

• 5 Transfer Sage // Dec 13, 2012 at 10:48 AM

I have been softening my stance to Ashley since the Carroll sale…we then bought other players in the summer and had a good season.

He let us down big time in the summer…llambias and him messed up big time with signings.

This January is his last chance in my eyes for him to show what he wants.

He says 5 year plan, building slowly, bringing in kids etc.

Thats fine, he needs to make sure that we bring in fresh faces every window…doesn’t need to be 20/30million each time but 3/4 players in the summer and maybe 1/2 in a normal january. (although 3/4 needed after a bad summer). There were godo bargains in the summer that other teams got, we should have got involved with those but we never for whatever reason.

• 6 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 13, 2012 at 10:51 AM

When are our next to games?

• 7 Graeme // Dec 13, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Nick-9 No mate, that one wasn’t sent to me!!

Saylor has already done his role as “like a new signing” about 18 months ago (2 seasons) so its against the rules for him to do it again. Cabaye probably still qualifies as a genuine “New signing” – I therefore think the memo could be flawed, or its a forgery lol

• 8 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 13, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Are we now counting on Streete to make an impact this season? (haven’t seen him, but surely out on loan with him as well if he is that good)

• 9 toon1707 // Dec 13, 2012 at 11:33 AM

If he is fit play him and drop williamson he can’t be any worse

• 10 toon1707 // Dec 13, 2012 at 11:39 AM

In fact if we have a cardboard cutout of street play that instead of williamson it would have the same impact on a game as williamson. I hate talking negative about any newcastle player but he is usless he would be a decent confrence player though

• 11 JARRAMAG // Dec 13, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Some people still dont see what Ashley is all about after all that he has done.
    1)He bought this club to make a quick profit but was stiched up by Hall & Shepherd
    2)He has been forced to keep this club until he can recoup his money and then he will sell if he can
    3)It has been stated many times that there will be no capital outlay and as you can see he has cleared the decks of most the high earners,will only purchase 11 “purples”and the rest of the squad will be cheap & young who they hope will develop.
    4)Will wait until the last minute in January in the hope that Cabaye and Taylor will be close to returning(like 2 new signings)before allowing Pardue to purchase a new player(probably for the leaving Ba)

We can all see that we are deep in the mire but can Ashley?

• 12 tweaked // Dec 13, 2012 at 1:34 PM

i would rather play this kid instead of willo, just so he can grow and gain experience

previous post: Sacked Nobby Solano Could Take Over At Gateshead