Pardew Buoyed By Good Performance And Fans’ Patience

Newcastle looked to have some better shape in the team on Saturday, as Alan Pardew again played in a 4-3-3 formation with Papiss Cisse out wide on the right, and Demba Ba playing in the middle, and Vurnon Anita looked a class player for Newcastle in the middle of the park.

papiss cisse sad

Papiss Cisse – had decent game on Saturday

While Alan Pardew, along with Newcastle fans, was disappointed we again failed to take anything out of the game, the Newcastle manager thought the performance was good, and he started talking about Vurnon Anita:

“He understands the pace now. Yaya Toure and Anita were the best two players on Saturday.” “In that company, it just shows he can play at the top level and that is why we brought him to the club.” ”We are missing big, big players to play with him, unfortunately.”

“I thought Cisse put in a good shift.” “I thought he played that role well and held the ball up.” “I thought Demba played well too.” “Vurnon was terrific – he was our outstanding player.”

“We were having six or seven last year and we had a few in this game – four or five – which was better.” “Manchester City had a bit of resilience about them.” “We gave a good account of ourselves but took no points.”

“I was buoyed by the game, I really was.” “I am not just saying that for the sake of it.” “I thought our fans were terrific – they gave us the benefit of the doubt.” “We were playing the champions, so a stray pass was not really reacted to.”

We must say the Newcastle fans at these games are showing a lot of patience, and we hope they can keep that up and support our lads big time, because we have the feeling once we get another win, the confidence our players will get from that could see us go on a nice run to get out of the trouble we are in at the moment.

We hope to see us go on a nice run to get out of the trouble we are in at the moment. 😀

But it’s the great Newcastle fans that can make all the difference in the couple of months of vital games that lie ahead.

Comments always welcome.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Dec 17, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Ibiza,

Just for every 1 to get together and enjoy being jolly. rather than looking at the spectre of doom and gloom.

Implementing Pardew’s useless training techniques and put even more pressure

Dec 17, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Watching Llambias being torn apart by horses is too good for Ashley

• archaeomag

Dec 17, 2012 at 10:59 AM

I am pleased Alan is Buoyed:
    Buoy – 1. float on the surface of water
    float, swim – be afloat either on or below a liquid surface and not sink to the bottom
    2. Buoy – keep afloat;
    Good keep it up.

• archaeomag

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Indian – that is very cruel to the horses and in very poor taste, & we have laws that prohibit this.

• DarloGeordie

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:01 AM

F@ck off Alan your a sh!t manager always have been and always will be……

Here have a smiley 🙁 🙂 😉

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:03 AM

archaeomag

Apologies

• catchy in norway

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Not once does the guy come out and say , I have to take some of the blame,
    I have set the team up wrong in the first place and I keep having to change it mid game to combat the other team,

I carnt remember many games this season where he has had to field a very weakend team, in Europe he made lots of changes , but I tend to think in those early Europe games that team was doing much better than the EPL team ,

I believe Pardew loves to talk a good game but he can not back it up with facts,

Saturday was the first time all season that we have started a game and looked good, it only lasted 10 mins , but on Saturday he was missing HBA cabaye and saylor , 3 of his best players , and the back up seemed ok there, and that was against the champions , the teams he fielded against some of the teams we have lost to where stronger than Saturdays

But you can buy his bullshit if you like

We all know cisse is no use on the right wing

We all know jonas is not the player he was and maybe another should get his place

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Indian….I can only imagine what the response on here would have been if the article had been “Pardew prepares for NUFC Christmas party”.

I think a “we’ve gotten ourselves out of the sh*t party” would go down much better, as and when they manage it.

• wreker16

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Ibiza

You seem like an independent source of knowledge regarding the blog

Was there any anti Pardew blogging when we were winning 6 in a row last season? I wasn’t a blog member at that point

• BelfastMagpie

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Wrecker

Ibiza is blog police, not to be trusted.
    He’s a snake in the grass, keep your distance..

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Wreker..I spend a fair bit of time on here, so get a general feel of things as far as the blog is concerned.

Can’t really recall any anti pardew calls at that time, although I’m sure there were still some who weren’t fans of him, despite us doing well. Usually at those times they’re pretty quiet though, easier to make the point when we’re doing badly obviously.

What’s your thoughts, do you think he can turn it around?

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Wreker yes we were just like West ham fans, who loved pardew and next season couldn’t wait for him to get out.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Woop woop, it’s the sound of the police, woop woop, it’s the sound of the beast.

Have a sh*t weekend Belfast? I do hope so 😉

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Martin Jol Finished 5th twice still got the sack, harry finished 4th he got the sack.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Indian….And did that bring success to either West Ham or the respective clubs of Jol and ‘arry? Obviously a bit early to judge AVBs impact at Spurs.

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Ibiza and it will bring success to us? You sure?

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Wrecked,
    Tbh it was exactly the same three who were banging on about Pards except one of them stopped posting altogether while we were winning,a lot of us have a moan about some of his bizarre statements or team selections but I get the feeling most are behind him and feel he should have been backed in the summer.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Indian…Think we might have our wires crossed….will what bring us success? Keeping Pardew? No one can be sure of anything, either by keeping or sacking a manager. That is my only point really.

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Ibiza all i am saying is yes he took us to 5th but 1 swallow does not make a summer.

Look at his previous jobs

• TorqToon

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Bit harsh of Ibiza I reckon. Chatter back and forth for some time now with him and always found him knowledgable, fair and decisive. Would prefer that to the constant neggers that plague this blog of late.

On Pards – gotta say, as much as tactics etc can be culpable, the players currently on or roster MUST take some blame! Willo and Simpson ONLY play their supposed positions and should be doing better, Tiote plays his position every week and was awful against Fulham last Monday especially. Not hit form for us yet. Players who are playing out of position (cisse etc) is hard because it takes a while to become natural – if it ever happens.

I truely believe we won’t go down – and I never said that in our relegation year. Pards will come good and god willing, Ashley will give us money to spend next month as we are in dire need of 3-4 new faces!

• Tommyy

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Think the cancelling of the Christmas Party in respect for the fans is a tad weak, us fan’s couldn’t give two sh*ts if they have a Christmas party or not I would have thought, just get the bloody results in either way. If you’re going to cancel it, cancel it because unanimously you feel you don’t deserve it. If they’ve been working hard, give them a timeout to generate some perspective.

• Graeme

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Indian, very true, but it could be the start of a nice relationship!!

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Indian….I have taken a look at his previous jobs…quite a bit actually. I can find reports saying he was useless, much like many fans are saying now and I can also find reports him not being backed and his job being made more difficult than needed.

All sounds very familiar, the only difference I can see this time is it looks like he’ll be given a better chance to turn things around, then we’ll be in a much better situation to judge him. If that brings relegation then I will be as upset as the rest of you and Pardew would need to take some of the blame, but I really don’t see our current plight as being just down to Pardew. Do I think he’s a top manager? No. Do I think he’s a relegation manager? No.

• Tommyy

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:35 AM

I’m behind Pardew, but as i’ve maintained for the last year, I wish he’d do away with his excuses and have us playing some decent football on a consistent basis.

• TorqToon

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Tommyy – hear what you are saying, but could you imagine the furore on hear if Pards had come and said the Xmas party was still going ahead ?! It would be manic on here. Really a lose lose situation.

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Ibiza are you saying he was not given a better chance in his previous jobs.

Southampton were like man city of League 1 they were still in bottom half when he left.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Torq…I think the decisive comment might warrant some questioning…I am chief fence sitter 🙂 Cheers though, i do try (yes, yes….very trying I know).

I agree with what you’re saying, I expect by season close relegation talk will be a distant memory.

Tommy….At least it shows they’re acknowledging a problem and that they’re keen to fix it.

• check the toastie

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:37 AM

PARDEW OUT

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Could have had a secret Christmas party

• Tommyy

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Pardew is an 8th – 14th place manager in my eyes. Lacks the nous and ability to really have us take the top spots on a regular basis, but certainly has the experience and dedication to steer us from relegation.
    I just don’t think he’s really improved as a manager throughout his career, which is a shame.

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:40 AM

I am not saying

Pardew out, or

Relegation

But he should stop making excuses and use proper tactics

• TorqToon

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Tommyy – so lets say Pards gets the boot…who would you want to take over? And somebody who would realistically take the job and take us to the next level?

• Tommyy

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Torqtoon – What I think he should have done is say nothing, we don’t need to know about their Christmas plans and we shouldn’t really want to.

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:41 AM

OH and stop being a yes MAN.

and i may lose my job because i am not a yes man. so b4 any 1 says otherwise

• BelfastMagpie

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Catchy & Rotanda were always anti Pardew.

Though Catchy was directing most of his hate towards Obertan last season.

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:43 AM

TorqToon

all things being equal – Roberto Martinez

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Indian….09/10 – Finished 7th, despite a 10 point reduction.
    10/11 – Pardew was sacked in August 2010.

Yes I’m saying he wasn’t given time.

• nick_9

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:44 AM

I have only seen a few Pardew out posts and they are from the extreme posters. The majority just want to see an improvement or for him to recognise the errors like the silly set pieces that do not work. If any of you posters attend the games and buy the Matchday programme then take a look near the back. It shows what teams we have put out each game and after seeing it I do beliveve we should have more points, not because we have a define right to win but you expect a better calibre of performance from a team who finished fifth. What ever way you look at it 4 wins in 17 league games, 6 league defeats in the last 7 and only 1 win in the last 11 games in a comps again a side with ten men is always going to look bad. We’ve blamed it on preseason, lack of fitness, no cohesion, injuries and Europe. It’s nice for Pardew to say we should be doing better but I certainly would not begrudge the lads a Christmas party. Some players have been giving it their all so it’s harsh to punish them and I hope the majority agree with me. I’m just a little bit concerned about some of the views of Pardew, I think he is a little out of touch with us fans. I get the impression he thinks we expect a lot when If you look at the performances and the results I think any club would have unhappy fans, the gallowgate were singing his name on Saturday after 6 defeats in 7 and a league standing comparable with the dross of the league. I think our expectations are reasonable, any realistic fan knew it would be hard to match 5th wih euope and without serious investment but we expect better performances against teams around us. Luckily the signs are starting to show more cohesion and we took it to city at times, I we can carve then open on several occasions we can most other clubs. Qpr the pressure is on for a win, I we don’t with Man U and arsenal next it’s looking very bad.

• BelfastMagpie

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:45 AM

I stand by my comment on Ibiza.

He’s blog police for sure..

• TorqToon

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Tommyy – Yeah but with Tw@tter etc word would’ve come up about the party, however secretive it was in arranging. Then there would’ve been hell to pay.

Indian – whilst we are on it – In gonna throw Di Matteo out there! But in all honesty, I’m happy with Pards – just think he needs more financial backing.

1 2 3 5