The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Loic Remy – Newcastle Are A Big Club And A Very Good Team

9:23 pm, Tuesday, December 18th, 2012 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 146 Comments

There is news that Newcastle are already in advanced talks to take Loic Remy the Marseilles French International striker to Tyneside, and the good news is that it seems that Loic would be only too happy to come to Newcastle, and add to the growing French contingent at the club.

loic remy france

Loic Remy – in action for France

The 25-year-old has emerged as maybe Newcastle’s first (and only?) signing in January, but with talks already said to be underway, we hope Newcastle can get this lad in early in the window – so he can play a few games for us in January.

Newcastle could lose Demba Ba in January and also Shola Ameobi, if the Nigerian born striker elects to go play for his country of birth in the African Cup of Nations.

This is what Loic said  to Sky Sports  when told of Newcastle’s interest:

“They are a very good team,” “They are a big club with good players, very good fans and a nice stadium that is always full.”

“The window opens in January, and there will be speculation from now until the window closes – if I have to leave then all parties must be happy.”

“I have a contract so let’s wait and see what happens.”

This lad is a good player, and he would be an excellent signing for Newcastle, especially if we can tie it up early in January, and then we’d like to see a couple more players come through the door next month.

That would help make up for the mistake of bringing only one player in during the summer transfer window.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

146 responses so far ↓

• 1 Joe Blog // Dec 18, 2012 at 9:25 PM

It’s the hope that breaks you.

• 2 Transfer Sage // Dec 18, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Get this lad signed up….a genuine talent.

If we have a third top level striker it means we take the advantage with negotiations for Ba.

Ba will know he isn’t as critical to us as he is when we just have him and cisse…it means there is less pressure on us to do the deal and we can be patient and even bench him until he signs it.

Could argue it’s unfair on Ba as we both agreed to his contract but we need to take advantage while we can. He is doing the same.

• 3 Scottiedog // Dec 18, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Get this guy signed up asap!! And maybe swap ba for Walcott ;-)

• 4 ToonBano // Dec 18, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Mike Ash & D Llambias wont be able to agree a fee anyway so what’s the point in even hoping?

• 5 check the toastie // Dec 18, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Too true Joe, too true,

Looking forward to six weeks of Loic Remy news and then nobody signing.

Transfer – the football Pardew has served up since taking over the team has been shocking, if in some way he starts to demonstrate a talent for open attacking football and actually getting our players to play to their strengths then i will give him some credit, it will be a long time coming.

Really looking forward to Brighton turfing us out of the cup again, wonder what the excuse is this year.

Total lack of progress in two years at the club, even though squad is so much stronger.

• 6 check the toastie // Dec 18, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Wonder how much we value Remy at?

4 million maybe??

• 7 nick_9 // Dec 18, 2012 at 9:37 PM

“And a nice stadium that is always full” you got the first part right mate but that’s about it, must have been listening to these commentators who claim we played lovely stuff last season and this season. We will soon though.

• 8 Transfer Sage // Dec 18, 2012 at 9:38 PM

check

I will argue with you that the squad is stronger.

I think the quality in the first team is stronger but I would say that the squad is similar in size and quality in depth.

What we are lacking from the team is a leader to pull them all through when the game is going against us.

• 9 NEoffers.co.uk // Dec 18, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Long time reader first time poster. Firstly can I thank you Ed your posts have kept myself very entertained throughout the years.
    If I could take this chance also to ask all you fellow Geordies to check out our new website, ton of offers in the Newcastle area.
    I absolutely love tis Remy Kid, followed him ever since we have been linked and although I believe the essential signings should all be defensive to replace the often criticised Willamson and also Simpson as he needs to leave so we at least get some transfer kitty from him as I believe he will leave despite his playing time with us due to the wage he gets offered less than he is worth. He would also need to be replaced sooner or later if we are going to push for top 5/6 again.
    However I would make an exemption for Remy, would cushion the blow for Ba leaving also which actually does now seem quite likely.

• 10 eaststandgeordie1982 // Dec 18, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Check

I was thinking 3.5m and a SD mug

• 11 Eddie // Dec 18, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Has anyone spotted Laurent Blanc around SJP?

• 12 PortsladeToon // Dec 18, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Just been told NUFC have all but tied up the deal for Loic Remy to come in at the start of January

• 13 stretchintoon // Dec 18, 2012 at 9:49 PM

get remy in & sissoko & swap ba for sagna

• 14 BelfastMagpie // Dec 18, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Very bad news guys.

Good old @cwarr07 from twatter says we’ve signed Remy.

That usually means we wont sign him, for those who dont know about Cwarr and his very bad inside info.

• 15 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 18, 2012 at 9:52 PM

How do chaps?

I don’t think it takes a genius to see that Ba is most certainly off in January. His comments about the style of play, coupled with his Twitter “goodbye” seems to confirm it.

If that is the case then thanks for the goals, but your greed, selfishness, and ego have hampered our development and I for one am not going to mourn your exit.

Bring Remy in, onwards and upwards!

• 16 bottle // Dec 18, 2012 at 9:52 PM

single middle digit raised to Ba’s agents but please can we have two quality defenders ?

• 17 toonicle // Dec 18, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Remy will be a great signing, he seems to honestly want to come here and play.

• 18 ToonBano // Dec 18, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Potential 15 year old target Erik Andersson, “They (Newcastle) didn’t talk to me, it was a bit strange”

So he aint joining us then…

• 19 bottle // Dec 18, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Check

So 5th was no progress ?
    So signing players like Benny, Cisse, Cabaye and Anita isn’t progress.
    It ain’t always in a neat straight line but it’s still progress.

Even 4-4-1-1 would be progress :)

• 20 Eddie // Dec 18, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Saw that too TB – still, makes no difference, apparently at Juve they talked to him a lot.. but he still ain’t moving!

• 21 check the toastie // Dec 18, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Transfer – dont want to argue, would be easier if you just admitted you are wrong, quicker for both of us really.

Gotta say with Pardew the strength of the bench is pointless as his goto tactic to get us back in a game is bring on Shola and hoof the ball.

Anyway think we will win on Saturday, just got a good feeling, think Cisse will bag a goal. hope so.

• 22 Transfer Sage // Dec 18, 2012 at 10:00 PM

toonbano

there the article if anyone else wants a read

• 23 Transfer Sage // Dec 18, 2012 at 10:03 PM

check

It would also be quicker for you admit you are wrong. However I feel this secondary argument will just drag out the process even longer so maybe we should leave it haha.

I will say we should be playing better than we are and we do play too many long balls.

• 24 Transfer Sage // Dec 18, 2012 at 10:04 PM

new defender we are linked with

• 25 bottle // Dec 18, 2012 at 10:06 PM

TS

can u fix it so we sign at least two quality defenders ?

• 26 Magpies-till-d3ath // Dec 18, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Eddie- why would Blanc be at St James’

• 27 ToonBano // Dec 18, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Aye that’s where I got that quote from. As long as we never hear about him ever again I’m not bothered…

Any of you lads seen my latest blog article? ‘Evening Chronicle Misrepresented 56% Of Fans Survey Reveals’ http://www.toonbano.com/2012/12/new-survey-shows-56-of-fans-feel.html

Forgive my shameless self plug but I want to spread this issue as much as I can…plus it took a big effort to put together. : D

• 28 Magpies-till-d3ath // Dec 18, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Portslade- by who? Cwarr07! :D

• 29 Transfer Sage // Dec 18, 2012 at 10:14 PM

bottle

I wish I could.

From what I have heard though we will spend a reasonable amount in the jan window….epecting between 3-4 to come in.

Hopefully we will bring in a CB and FB as priority.

• 30 Magpies-till-d3ath // Dec 18, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Sage- not to sound gay or anything but that defender isn’t the best looking is he?:D

• 31 jimmysmith // Dec 18, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Thanks for the kind and generous words Loic, just imagine how he’d gush over Swansea, Stoke, Southamptom, West Ham, Fulham et al.

• 32 Eddie // Dec 18, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Mtd – to agree terms etc.

• 33 Transfer Sage // Dec 18, 2012 at 10:20 PM

toonbano

decent article as always….Lee Ryder is a complete muppet with zero journalistic integrity and absolutely no spine when it comes to dealing with the club…he is basically a yes man for NUFC.

Unfortunately he is no different to the majority of sports journalists in newspapers….

…why write a balanced article with evidence when you can sell more papers writing sensationalised rubbish which requires little planning and work.

• 34 BelfastMagpie // Dec 18, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Portslade if cwarr is your source, you need a new one.

Probably better to get you’re info, from a rubber duck. :-)

• 35 Transfer Sage // Dec 18, 2012 at 10:22 PM

magpies til death

he certainly isn’t…..seems to be the dutch equivalent of luke chadwick.

I would rather have a team of top quality gargoyles than a load of useless pretty boys though.

not everyone can have it all like our dreamboat, yohan.

• 36 wreker16 // Dec 18, 2012 at 10:25 PM

In fairness to ba, he did comment on the style of football we play did he not?

Whilst I agree with ruddy in that ba is selfish and greedy and it does appear his ego has consumed him, whilst I’m sure it’s not the main reason, he has noted our hoofball football that has been going on for most of the season (apart from the last few games).

If he the main recipient of the long balls doesn’t like them, then there must be problems ????

Can’t seem him being with us in February, he may or may not be the cause of issues within the team and we may be better off without him but he is a fantastic player

• 37 ToonBano // Dec 18, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Transfer

Many thanks. What gets me is the basic common sense fact that its Newcastle fans who will be reading his ‘stuff’ so why treat them with complete contempt. Does he really think he can announce 95% of fans back Pardew without a reaction.

I find his defensive nature about everything he does a bit baffling. He must get a lot of abuse…that probably says something.

• 38 PortsladeToon // Dec 18, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Nope not Cwarr although I do speak with him, I agree he’s not a great prediction agent.
    heard it from someone that writes for a local paper, not the usual suspect either :) i wasn’t even probing for anything

• 39 Big Pappa Cissé // Dec 18, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Does this feel like the Debuchy story or is it just me ?

• 40 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 18, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Wreker

All fingers seem to point in the direction of Ba being a disruptive influence, inasmuch as that Cisse has been sacrificed positionally to placate him, where it was Ba who was sacrificed last season.

If Ba had no issue with it then I am sure Ba would be playing LW with Cisse down the middle, alas this is not the case, and in my mind there is only one cause of this switch; Ba’s self interest in trying to secure a bigger contract or big money move to another club.

He is selfish, tries ludicrous efforts in an attempt to raise his own stock rather than find a team mate for the benefit of the side.

He has been the best striker “statistically” since Shearer, but we’ve had some horrendous strikers since Shearer left us so that’s nothing to right home about, personally I preferred Carroll.

At the risk of sounding ungrateful for his contribution I say, good riddance.

• 41 Transfer Sage // Dec 18, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Ba reminds me Oba Martins in a way.

would rather have a 5% chance of scoring a 30 yard screamer than play a simple ball through for his striker partner.

Being selfish is vital for a top striker but there needs to be some balance in there.

I think Ba really helped the club and has done a lot in his 18 months here…if he wants to leave he goes with my blessing as all players want to earn as much as possible and play at the highest level they can.

• 42 toonicle // Dec 18, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Ruddy- Agree with you there. In my opinion we’d be better off without Ba. Get someone in who can play with Cisse instead of someone (Ba) who’s just angling for a better contract offer elsewhere.

• 43 wreker16 // Dec 18, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Ruddy

Indeed, he does appear to have cause us many problems, sigh…… I think he and nufc will be parting company.

Still a good player.

P.s oh yes I’m sure money is the main reason for him leaving, however the fact that our own player is questioning our way of playing football just raises some eyebrows

• 44 Transfer Sage // Dec 18, 2012 at 10:35 PM

toonbano

To me Ryder seems the type of guy that has to tow the party line with NUFC or they just wont do anything for him. He is only writing for a local paper so he hasn’t got as much clout as journos from national papers.

He seems defensive as he knows a lot of stuff he writes us just utter tosh and feels the needs to try and justify everything he does.

• 45 Big Pappa Cissé // Dec 18, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Team in Jan if Ba leaves

———————–Krul———————-

–Debuchy—Alderwireld—Collocini—Santon–

———–Tiote——————-Anita———

———————Cabaye——————–

——HBA————————–Remy——

———————-Cisse———————-

Dear Santa :)

• 46 toonicle // Dec 18, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Big Pappa – Wouldn’t that be sweet to see :)?

• 47 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 18, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Wreker

Whether he likes the style of play or not is irrelevant (well not irrelevant but not a massive deal) as he is a professional who should play whatever formation the manager tells him to play. If Pardew told him to play in goals he should keep his mouth shut and do it as it is all about the team, not the individual.

Sage

The problem with Ba is that there is no balance, he goes for the shot every single time, even when there is less than 5% chance of scoring. I’d rather a relatively poor player like Ameobi play than a greedy get like Ba. He has frustrated me no end this season and I don’t think his goals have benefited us to the extent that some would have you believe as I think his negative impact far outweighs anything he has provided in goals.

• 48 wreker16 // Dec 18, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Ruddy

I don’t know if we will be better without him though, his goals were (are??!!!?) invaluable to the team. Many people think that if he were to leave then cisse would simply turn back into a goal machine again but I’m not quite as sure.

He looks to be disrupting the team but… Ah well, I guess I only time will tell if we are better with or without him.

Hang on, he hasn’t even gone yet?!!!!!!!!?!!!

• 49 ToonBano // Dec 18, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Transfer

I understand he cant just print the kind of stuff I do for example, but to spin fans’ opinion into some kind of propaganda is a step too far.

The fans are the ones who buy and read his paper in the first place.

Im not happy about it. ; D

• 50 bottle // Dec 18, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Big Santa Cisse

Even Pards might get that lineup winning on a regular basis :(

• 51 wreker16 // Dec 18, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Ruddy

He should do as the manager says, and last season he did, but now he appears not to. He isn’t following the manager 100% but he gets seat with it

• 52 Transfer Sage // Dec 18, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Toonbano

Yeh that is too far really…he needs to represent fans opinions correctly.

I just think 99% or his articles are either wrong, speculation or just lazy journalism anyone could write

• 53 SuperShearer // Dec 18, 2012 at 10:45 PM

While I don’t like the way Ba is talking in the media it’s wrong to suggest he has been valuable to us this season. Incredibly valuable, more than £7 Million for sure. The only thing that will keep him here in Jan is concerns over his knee or his stupid wage demands. Arsenal won’t pay what he wants, QPR might but they look doomed, and others might look at his knee with concern. A foreign team is more likely. I’d like him to stay and Remy to come in, we needed another striker in the summer but I’d like Cisse moved back in the middle, his movement is amazing through the middle and too often this season Cisse and Ba have got in each other’s way, essentially nullifying each other.

• 54 wreker16 // Dec 18, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Away with it is what i meant, my phone is very special, in a beautiful cracked screen sort of way

• 55 ToonBano // Dec 18, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Transfer

I irony of it all is is he had written the article as ‘just 5% want him sacked’ then I actually wouldn’t have a problem with it…well, not as much of one.

He just got too greedy for ‘hits’ or publicity for his own good or for whatever reason he had.

Just not worth it

• 56 bottle // Dec 18, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Two £7m strikers who gel and play off each other are worth more than £14m. Opposite if they don’t. Problem with Ba is he reduces the effectiveness of Cisse. Otherwise he’s class and nobody really knows how brittle

• 57 TurkishFan101 // Dec 18, 2012 at 10:49 PM

This is the news I hoped, no we need a CB,LB/RB,CM. Sissoko is hopefully sorted out aswell. We may get a CB this window and still be back in for douglas in summer with pre-contract in Jan. I had always said this that the sooner Ba left the better. The link up between the team especially with Cisse has been awful.

Hopefully we do sign Remy but I would like to remind you all that this could be another smoke-screen by Ashley Co just to show they wanted him but couldnt fork out the extra money.

It could turn out to be a debuchy but guys remember Ashley did wanted to bring additional 2-3 players after they brang in Anita such as De jong, Douglas, debuchy. One chose a german team, other commited to his team due to gettig his nationality sorted out and the other was their president caused allot of fuss. I know derick labarsse knows sh!t about football but when it comes to negotiations he will always get the best price possible otherwise other clubs would try to get the maxiumum out of us. Our policy is great to the point but the only reason derick said recently about us not needing to spend in jan was that the clubs will always want more from us and judging from our performance they will get the max they can from us. But Ashley cannot be this stupid tonot to see that we need signings as you can see we clearly do. So we did try for very good targets it just was the matter of getting them over the line. We tried for Marriapa as a temp CB but we couldnt get him. Everything happens for a reason guys just wait and we are in for a shock this transfer window trust me!

• 58 Black and White with an army lol // Dec 18, 2012 at 10:51 PM

cashley 5 year plan announced for Newcastle.

Premier league
    Championship league
    league 1
    league 2
    Blue bet square

LOL.

• 59 Black and White with an army lol // Dec 18, 2012 at 10:55 PM

turkishfan101, what do you mean SHOCK this transfer market, are we actually buying players or are we not?????

• 60 Magpies-till-d3ath // Dec 18, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Portslade- Tell him that if he’s lying, he gonna get got by little jimmy and that’s the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth! :)

• 61 89Norcal // Dec 18, 2012 at 10:56 PM

just a shame it took the board half of 2012 to realize we were under manned.

Now Mashley will probably have to invest more than if he had just been more realistic in the summer, just to keep us in good shape.

• 62 TurkishFan101 // Dec 18, 2012 at 10:58 PM

@Black And White I cant reveal my sauce’s, they are rather chilli.

• 63 Magpies-till-d3ath // Dec 18, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Turkishfan- do u mean that we’re gonna be active on deadline day!;)

• 64 Marty-Toon // Dec 18, 2012 at 11:03 PM

That midt be a statement from last year as we were playing good football then ;-) he doesn’t watch the PL so

• 65 Black and White with an army lol // Dec 18, 2012 at 11:05 PM

i honestly don’t think there will be any activity in jan, just more BS from the cockney dogs upstairs and the same excuses back in the summer, like the debuchy deal where the hell is 7 mill to much for us, what a load of horse sh!t, we paid 10 mill for cisse, so why couldn’t we get debuchy.

• 66 Magpies-till-d3ath // Dec 18, 2012 at 11:07 PM

• 67 nick_9 // Dec 18, 2012 at 11:08 PM

From reading these posts I really get the impression that Ba is undervalued by many fans. If it wasn’t for him last season we certainly wouldn’t have finished fifth, his goals in the first half of the season got us a lot of points as they have this season when we are in a mess. Half of the fans have already turned on him because I the recent comments when he was probably just answering questions all the time, our style out play Isn’t great and I wouldn’t be surprised if he was commenting on dreaming of arsenals style of play at Newcastle. If he leaves he leaves, he has done his job very well for us and certainly isn’t responsible for our defensive frailties and bad play, I have seen him link up with Anita plenty of times recently and he is playing cisse in more, penalty v Wigan, chance v man city that cisse blazed over?. We have to be honest and say that his goals are worth a lot in the league, I’m certain he is the first since shearer to notch 15+ premier league goals for us in one season? His service is worth more than what he is being paid compared to the market and we agreed to the clause when we signed him, his stock has risen since we signed him so he is bound to want more money. He wasn’t a Newcastle fan before he came here, we have been playing ugly football and won’t strengthen when we need to and are struggling. If it wasn’t for his knee he would have been picked off by now by a bigger club and doesn’t have any loyalty to us, local lad Carroll didn’t. I appreciate what he is worth to us and it certainly isn’t cost effective for him to leave.

• 68 Black and White with an army lol // Dec 18, 2012 at 11:09 PM

and please don’t say we didn’t have any money because we racked in 30 mill in profit in the summer and we bought in 4 players 3 that were under 1 mill and the amazing anita i think over 6 mill.

• 69 TurkishFan101 // Dec 18, 2012 at 11:11 PM

@Black And White But Ashley co would need to think more than twice about that deal, first of all he is a defender, second his age at 27, for the long term run and re-sell value it was never going to happen. We spent only £8million on cisse and that was a bargain for a striker like that and his goal scoring record. Bare in mind when we got him he was 26 so no way unless Debuchy was offered to us under 4mil will we go in for him.

• 70 nick_9 // Dec 18, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Black and white recent quotes from Pardew have him saying we are looking at bringing in one player, last week it was one or two but now it’s one and a replacement for every time someone leaves. Already playing down our chances of signings, like some have said it took an eternity for the club to admit they didn’t sign enough players in the summer but now we are almost halfway through the season in a bad position with tiote leaving soon an still being in Europe yet were looking at one player? One player isn’t going to change anything, we need a few players to compensate for list time and to drag is out this mess. One player will not make much of a difference

• 71 89Norcal // Dec 18, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Nick 9

The issue is Ba’s attitude and play style are a detriment to our greater investment- Cisse. So obviously if some has to go, it will be Ba. I acknowledge his contribution to our club though.

Btw I don’t see us going after Biglia unless Tiote is leaving, so that must be a possibility as well. 8m is a lot to have another Def mid.

• 72 Black and White with an army lol // Dec 18, 2012 at 11:19 PM

if we get 1 player and 1 player only if no1 leaves then we are most likely doomed, also if players like tiote leaves who’s meant to be his replacement, i can only think of daime from west ham.

• 73 89Norcal // Dec 18, 2012 at 11:21 PM

black and white

I agree, we need more than one, unless we want to crash out of Europe for sake of focusing on a decent EPL finish.

If we don’t buy another CB, I will be furious to say the least

• 74 Tsunki // Dec 18, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Hey hey hey did I get a scoop? Makes a change for me to be ahead of the curve eh?

Watch out for more Debuchy-style shenanigans to come.

Edmond – that is the way to make a save. Tim K would be proud well done son.

• 75 Black and White with an army lol // Dec 18, 2012 at 11:24 PM

CB is a must buy, ppl say douglas on a free but most got to realize if we get douglas on a free we wont get him till next season same goes with sissoko unless there clubs will sell them at a very low price.

• 76 Tsunki // Dec 18, 2012 at 11:26 PM

We will buy 2 or even 3. Llambias will knee-jerk to counter-claim his alleged lack of negotiating skills. Then MA will sack him for splurging the family silver. All Good.

• 77 Mister Tuff // Dec 18, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Edmond – well done for accepting your error.
    jail @438 -previous post – purple policy.
    I submitted a post about this some time ago – Dastardly stated that there were 11 purples (top players)> So if you were not one of the first eleven you were not a purple and therefore by inference a poorer quality player -seeds of division sown straight away. The only demarcations required in a football club should be -first team squad, reserve team etc. This aspect was probably not intended by Dastardly -as he knows nothing about football.
    Back to Ba.
    Percy Parsnip has wrestled with how to play Ba and Cisse in the same team for nearly half the season -without getting anywhere – only plan seems to have been to play Cisse wide with the hope he starts scoring -match after match after match. It now seems that Ba has solved the dilema for him. Looks like Ba will be leaving thus Cisse becomes the main striker.
    Percy Parsnip should never have stated publicly that Ba would start 90% of the games as the central striker – this is poor management and puts into doubt the managers alledged credentials.
    Also, further highlighting Ba’s release clause is exceptionally poor management.

• 78 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 18, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Nick9

It’s all about attitude, commitment and willingness to play for the good of the team. If all he is providing is goals then surely we can offload him and replace him with a striker who can offer better attitude for the good of the side as well as score goals.

Ba is certainly not irreplaceable and yes I do acknowledge how important he was for our success last season he certainly wasn’t the sole reason we did well. We had a sensational team ethic last season, one that seems to have been wavering this season, and I attribute that, as well as Cisse’s poor run of form, in some small way to Ba’s insistence that he be played down the middle, which has been pandered to by Pardew.

Ba seems to have the club held over a barrel with this release clause in order to play the position he wants to play. If this is the sort of player he is going to be for NUFC then I for one want rid of him.

I could be wrong but his comments, and the fact that playing LW last season while Cisse played CF and now Ba playing CF while Cisse plays RW would indicate that he has issued some form of ultimatum.

Let’s end the speculation and offload him, it isn’t good for the club.

• 79 Black and White with an army lol // Dec 18, 2012 at 11:29 PM

@68 how can you judge a player like debuchy by his age, he would be a great tutor for our young players imagine debuchy tutoring say the like’s of our young full backs they will be amazing by the time they hit 19 years old.

• 80 Black and White with an army lol // Dec 18, 2012 at 11:34 PM

@77 spot on mate, with ba leaving anyway pardew should put him back to LW and have cisse back to CF put him back on form and score amazing goals like he did last season.

• 81 Tsunki // Dec 18, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Ba may be damaged goods now, happens when things go awry with morale behind the scenes. Why else would motivators and winners like Nolan and yes even Barton be offloaded? If this a problem in the club You can do no more than look up at the management chain. I dont think Ash wants his ship to roll about but maybe his right hand men need looking at. You cant infer that a core set of players are the given elite and expect the squad not to become paranoid and resentful. I am hereby sentencing LLambias to the dole queue unless he gets the business done in jan. I am also packing my fragiles in bubble wrap and boxing them up for a possible move from O.V. if this does not occur.

• 82 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 18, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Tsunki

I’m still a believer in the long term future of this club, and even if we sail precariously close to the wind this season I will not be swayed from this path.

Sure, if we don’t sign the required personnel in January I will be more than a little cheesed off, but as far as I am concerned January is a window of little value and we may find the going tough unless MA uncharacteristically opens his wallet and pays that extra bit of moolah that seems to be commanded in the winter window.

For the long term I see next summer’s window as the deal breaker (others would say it was last summer’s window and by and large they do have a point) but if we don’t use the next two windows to shore up what are pretty huge chasms in terms of quality at the back and quality back up for the first team then I too will be packing my bags for negger-ville.

• 83 TurkishFan101 // Dec 18, 2012 at 11:42 PM

@Black And White I am not judging from age but from our expectations and our owner+ board. I would really want him here but in reality what are the chances of him coming here? the same as the world ending in 3 days. Anyway nice chatting you lad and others. HWTL, I know its very hard to be supporting nufc with our joke of owners and directors but we will always support our players and most of all our historical club.

• 84 Tsunki // Dec 18, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Ruddy good man you keep us grounded, But i’m telling you after summer and we still blackburning I will set up cannons in Neggerton pointing towards OV. Catchy will look like Mike Llambias’ Labradoodle.

• 85 Tsunki // Dec 18, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Just FYI world end in 3 days. Thought you might like to know.

• 86 BelfastMagpie // Dec 18, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Hope your all right about Cisse scoring loads of goals again, if Ba leaves.

I dont think he will myself, but I’ll be very happy if he does. :-)

• 87 Blaydon-Toon // Dec 18, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Ruddy does that mean you are confident we will not go down this season ?

• 88 Brutooon // Dec 18, 2012 at 11:54 PM

we can buy messi and ronaldo but if we still got a championship defenders – Williamson and Simpson, we are still be shit

• 89 Tsunki // Dec 18, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Belfast – put the no9 back on the spot he will do it like last year. Where is your memory my boy?

No we arent going down. Mackems have the north east slot bagged.

• 90 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 18, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Belfast
    Aye dont reckon it’ll be as simple as stick cisse back in the middle and goals will come flooding back if ba leaves it doesn’t change the fact we still aren’t getting service to the forwards and still dont have any wingers who can put in a cross
    The difference between the 2 lads for me is demba can create a chance for himself and doesnt rely on service only

• 91 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 18, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Blaydon

I am reasonably sure that we will be safe this season, the last few games in terms of effort and commitment alone should suffice to get us enough points on the board to secure safety, but that all starts this Saturday against QPR. I will be ever so slightly worried if we don’t win that game (doesn’t mean relegation is on the cards but it is a “must win” game)

Tsunki

If by Sept 1st 2013 we haven’t addressed the trouble positions (RB, CB, quality wingers, as well as proper back up) then I too will be up in arms against those in charge of our club. I am not saying that Pardew doesn’t already have quality players to play with, because he does, but he has a ridiculously thin squad, as well as a back 4 that is, at best, iffy. It is hard to develop a team that can play fluid attacking football if you can’t trust your LB to keep in position, or trust your RB to close down the crosser, or trust either of your CBs to win a chase for the ball.

Fundamental flaws that need addressed in the next 2 windows and woe betide MA and DL if they are not addressed.

• 92 nick_9 // Dec 18, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Ruddy I think we have discussed Ba before. I fail to see where we can replace Ba’s goals for the estimated 3.5 million we will get if they activate his release clause. That is a challenge to Graham Carr and one we am hope he can be successful in. Granted Ba could be using his release clause as leverage but for his 16 league goals last season and 11 this campaign give him just as much leverage. If Ba leaves and we sign a player for the same amount as we receive who contributes the same then fair enough, my worry is its not as easy as it is to say. He would leave for pittance and be sorely missed in my opinion, there is no guarantee that cisse will start scoring again if Ba was to leave, i would be annoyed if a defender missed the target like he did against city in the box. I expect more from him with some of the chances he has had but I have said all season long the service has been poor. Cisse cannon win an aerial ball and our football on the deck has been nonexistent up until very recently. Despite what anyone says to me I so believe they can play together if the support play is there.

If one players comes in it has to be in a position most needed, for me that is centre back. Simpson may be rubbish at attacking but he is ok at defending. Williamson is poor so I think that’s the area that needs replacing first and foremost. Once a centre back is purchased we need to look at a full back and then cover players in midfield and upfront

• 93 Tsunki // Dec 19, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Ha ha fun talking to the real ruddy I got your six mate we will leave OV burning if this season goes down the pot…… BUT!

It is not happening! QPR 0 NUFC 3! Yes it will happen! The small but significant lift in form we have seen will gel with the boll*cking Pards gave the defence on Monday and the ‘oops will feel the mighty sword of vengeance fall on their necks as we smite their ruin upon the hallow’d meadow.

OK a bit pretentious but I think we will edge it and calm the nerves. Night all.

• 94 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 19, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Nick9

I don’t think we will limit ourselves to replacing Ba with just the money we may make from his sale, it would be ridiculous for DL to think he could buy a 15 goal a season striker for that kind of money, these upcoming windows are where we must demand that, while crazy money doesn’t need to be spent, we do need to speculate to accumulate.

I must admit that I defended the regime’s transfer policy over the summer but people like Munster were correct in the sense that what they were advocating wasn’t crazy money but sensible investment in improving the quality of the squad.

I think it is a matter of necessity to sell Ba. He is troublesome, and a player with his attitude is toxic when fighting a relegation battle, which we are in at the moment. Cisse is a confidence player, and I think with Ba out of the picture we will see a more confident Cisse, which should result in more goals.

I do agree that we must sign a CB in January, at the very least. We can make do with Simmo at RB until the end of the season but we absolutely need a new CB. I also think we need to seriously look at investing in some quality wing men.

• 95 Tsunki // Dec 19, 2012 at 12:08 AM

sorry I did promie I would go but nick – the guarantee is the half season where cisse scored virtually all our goals and got us 5th. One game is a fluke, three lucky, half a season is form.

Goodnight.

• 96 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 19, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Tsunki

Great talking to you again, loving the optimism about the weekend. You still are a believer in OV I see, long may it continue. That all depends on factors outside of any of our collective control but that’s they joy of being a NUFC fan I suppose!

Night lad

• 97 Spreadthetoon // Dec 19, 2012 at 12:16 AM

The REAL issue that NUFC face is we do not have sufficient competition beyond our first team. I struggle to think of any players who provide that…..possibly Bigi but that’s it.
    Take for example our strikers……beyond Ba and Cisse we have Shola and young Campbell. The same is also relevant for wingers and pretty much all of our defense. Ideally we keep Ba but it looks like his head is turned…..and I don’t want to keep any player who would rather play elsewhere…..we should be building this team so IMO we desperately need a RB, CB, CAM, 2 other wingers and another striker. So that another 6 players…..I really cannot see that happening in a million years but if we could retain all our existing players and add another 4, i.e. quality RB, CB, CAM & ST then I would be very happy indeed. It would change the complexion and players would have to fight for their position in the 1st team. Sadly that’s not the case at the moment and so it leads to complacency.

• 98 nick_9 // Dec 19, 2012 at 12:20 AM

I would like to think they would put the extra money forward for a suitable replacement of Ba does leave, it doesn’t matter how much we spend just what they contribute. Unless we get lucky with a player like Michu then I think we are looking at spending around ten million pound for a striker to match the goals Ba scored and even then it’s not a given.

Anita looks to be a good buy now but we need a few extra first team players in the summer to have a better more rounded squad, not one still weak in key areas. The gamble didn’t pay off, one player won’t fix that now when you look at where we are and roughly how many points we are going to need to finish in the top half. In the window I wanted a cb, fb, rw and a st but knew we wouldn’t sign all four and still don expect us to for another few seasons. If you look at the squad it’s actually pretty big but is made up of youngsters and fringe players. We have plenty of wingers but none they actually so their job role well enough.

• 99 Blaydon-Toon // Dec 19, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Well I hope your right Ruddy …. If we win sat I think we will be fine but if the unthinkable happens I rely do fear for us although having said that we will have played most of the top teams and then it is down to is … Last season was great built on a great work ethic clean sheets and no real injuries which has hampered us combined with a small squad and EL games ! Two defenders one midfielder and a winger/striker would be great sp debuchy Douglas sissoko and Remy and I’m happy even tho I don’t know too much about Douglas but lets face it he has to be better than Williamson !

• 100 BelfastMagpie // Dec 19, 2012 at 12:20 AM

I just dont see it happening. He had his purple patch last year & hasn’t looked anywhere near that player this season.

I’ll be happy to be proved wrong like.

• 101 nick_9 // Dec 19, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Tsunki – I agree, cisse was on form last season as was the rest of the team. The pressure we put on the opposition when we didn’t have the ball was great. I remember reading how tiote and cabaye covered the most ground after a certain game week, around 8 miles a game if I remember correctly. Trouble is the team isn’t on all cylinders, we have a bad start and cisse isn’t banging in goals from ridiculous angles now. More often that not he blazes it over or is offside, I do have faith in him and believe that if we are playing it on the deck he is bound to score. At the minute I just think he is trying too hard and is putting too much power into his shots or is rushing them. If we can get the likes of hba, Anita, marveaux and cabaye supporting him we will be fine

• 102 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 19, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Blaydon

I think we will plug the necessary gaps in January, but the real remodelling happens next summer.

If we lost to QPR it will prove the undoing of the “our performances have improved” argument that has been used to placate supporters following defeats to Fulham and Man City. Our performances were better, and it was against Fulham away (a difficult game by any teams standard) and Man City home (defending champions)

Regardless of performance, if we don’t come out with 3 points at home to QPR then Pardew will be left with some tricky questions. As long as we take the performances of the last few games into this one we should be fine. In the long run we have much more pressing issues to deal with in terms of improving our squad.

• 103 Spreadthetoon // Dec 19, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Cisse has been played completely out of position + Ba hardly ever links up with him. I think Cisse as an out and out striker is a pure natural talent beyond Ba’s capabilities but he needs the service from a ST partner / midfield which he has not had. If any one youse remember his first goal for us last season then you’ll remember what a great talent the lad is. You don’t 13 in 14 games from a flash in the pan. When that happened Ba was playing on the wing but since he threw his toys out the pram…..we have pandered to him which IMO has been good to showcase Ba but has been incredibly destructive to the collective team.

• 104 nick_9 // Dec 19, 2012 at 12:31 AM

With man united and Arsenal away after QPR a performance on Saturday isn’t enough, we had to win having lost 6 of the last 7.

Ruddy you speak of remodelling in the summer but I’m not so sure, I’m really questioning those running the club at the moment, from Ashley to llambias to Pardew. It’s all this talk of Pardew having to persuade
    Ashley to keep the squad together after last season and the talk of losing players in very window. We just don’t give off the vibe of a club what wants to go places and its left me a bit deflated with those at the top.

• 105 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 19, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Belfast
    Completley agree when cisse arrived we were flying high this season were in a fight and i dont think he’s the sort of character thats up for a blood and guts relegation battle

• 106 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 19, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Spreadthetoon

I share your sentiments exactly, which is why I think it has now become a matter of necessity that we sell Ba so we can start focusing on the good of the team rather than the ego of one player.

• 107 Toon73 // Dec 19, 2012 at 12:32 AM

This is exactly where the owners want us to be.

No ambition whatsoever. As long as we avoid relegation and spend as little money as possible.

Accept these facts and move on, you’ll feel a whole lot better. :)

• 108 Baro // Dec 19, 2012 at 12:40 AM

It will be sad to see Demba Ba go, but if we have Loic Remy coming in, thatn i will have no problem. I hope to see something like this…. Plus tiote will b away at Afruca Cup

……………………………………… Krul ……………………………….

Debuchy ………. Douglas ……… Colo …………. Santon

……………………….. Anita …………… Sissoko ………………

…………………………………. Marvo ……………………………….

Ben Arfa ……………………………………………………. Remy

……………………………………. Cisse ……………………………….

• 109 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 19, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Ruddy/spreadthetoon
    An ego thats been vastly exaggerated by the media
    Ba doesn’t pick the team pards does so to say ba is selfish for not playing lw is a bit rich if thats the case its down to poor management
    Dont see marv getting similar stick says he prefers to play down the middle and doesn’t really want to play on the wing and just like that he’s dropped again
    The media has done a good job of turning ba into the villan, no one knows his contract discussions, no one knows what the club has offered, his twitter “goodbye” is purely the media seeing what they want to see rather than seeing ba acknowledging the great support vs citeh
    Just think its a shame when ba gets shunted wide and asked to do a job its ok but when its cisse ba’s bang out of order for a manergerial decision
    If the club didn’t want to play cisse or ba on the wings they shouldn’t of given them any assurances
    Similar too anita he seeked assurances to play centrally before signing and so he should he’s a midfielder just like ba’s a cf

• 110 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 19, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Parting posts are ones of cynicism and aspiration.

Seems to encapsulate the modern schisms between NUFC fans quite aptly I think.

Goodnight lads!

• 111 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 19, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Tads

My views on Ba’s selfishness are based on his performances and how he interacts and links with Cisse/the rest of the team or should I say lack thereof.

I don’t buy into the media’s portrayal of things, I make up my own mind and having scrutinised Ba with intensity this season I have come up with the conclusion that he is toxic for the long term well being of our club.

• 112 Spreadthetoon // Dec 19, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Ruddy
    The reality is a lot of fans are feeling frustrated….I am one of em. I do not think we can wait still next summer……if we do then I can see other 1st team players leaving and we do not have any real quality beyond the 1st team…..that has shown to be the case which is why myself, Beattie of note and other bloggers conveyed our dismay but were labelled as “neggars” as opposed to realists IMO. The board need to show intent so I really hope this one player malarky is a bluff on the basis that Remy is a done deal on day 1 of the transfer window, then other clubs may feel we are not in the market when we are. We really do need a minimum of 4 players and ideally 6. RB, CB, CAM, 2 Wingers and 1 ST. The Board and Pardew need to signal to the 1st teamers that we are a club with real ambition if not they’re off…..I mean lets face it…HBA, BA, TIOTE, CISSE, CABAYE etc could play for any of the top 4.

• 113 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 19, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Ruddy
    Since anita has moved futher up in CM ba has linked up well with the rest of the team he makes space links up with midfield and always drops deep to get the ball
    For me, out of position or not cisse is nit working hard enough to get involved with the game and when we break he’s either miles offside or he’s so far behind the play he’s @ rb

• 114 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 19, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Tads

I disagree, I think Cisse works exceptionally hard. He isn’t getting the service from Ba and the midfield players, as for the constant criticism that he is always offside, it is because he is making fantastic runs that aren’t being fed by the supply, and when they eventually come he is past the last defender.

I think we just differ on our views of the two players in question.

• 115 Spreadthetoon // Dec 19, 2012 at 12:54 AM

TADS
    The “Ba” issue cannot be bypassed. I read that this season Ba has linked up and passed less to Cisse and other players.
    The team did well with 433 with Ba on the wing last season…..I see it as more than a coincidence that since Ba’s agent flew off that we have stuck with the same ‘ol formation and Ba has always played centrally! As for Marv, same as HBA they are not wingers and their natural abilities lie elsewhere but even they appear to be more flexible than Ba. Of course the lad has been a great servant to us but he has also unsettled team and fans….so I am all for empowering people to get the best out of em…..if Ba goes he goes. Likewise I want to see Cisse in the centre in the second half of the season! HWTL

• 116 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 19, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Ruddy
    But in reality, as a CF is it ba’s job to supply cisse?
    The midfield aren’t helping either striker out enough also its a two way street ba doesnt pass enough to cisse no doubt but its the same the other way round

• 117 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 19, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Spread
    No its not a coicednce but then as i said ba doesnt pick the team pardew does
    We’ve never put up or tried to accomodate trouble makers since oards has come in so find it cery hard to believe he’s as bad as he’s bieng made out to be

• 118 nick_9 // Dec 19, 2012 at 1:03 AM

I’m with tads on this one but so think cisse is trying but I think the whole team is a mess right now. A shearer highlighted how cisse often stayed on the right wing as we attacked against man city, as a striker why isn’t he getting forward more in that situation? Is he being told to stay there or lack of effort? I think it’s instructions. I can certainly see the improvements and think if we keep at it we
    Will come good but need those extra players to strengthen. Cisse has been following shots up more and should get a few tap ins, Anita is starting to link the play up, if we can get some good crosses in and sure up the Defense we should be ok. Apparently against Swansea we had 32 shots which is a record.

• 119 nick_9 // Dec 19, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Oh and also how is Ba the one unsettling us fans? It’s not him who keeps mentioning the clause. It’s Pardew who keeps on stating how we are vulnerable so if anything it’s him and the press, the clause has always been there.

To ask an in form striker to play on the wing is ridiculous, last season we asked him to and he stopped scoring but because the team did ok nobody seems to mind. To move him on to the wing now when he is scoring and in fine form and cisse isn’t seems daft. If we had a decent squad or technique we wouldn’t need to have strikers on the wing.

• 120 jimmysmith // Dec 19, 2012 at 1:12 AM

I don’t blame Ba for insisting on playing centre forward, he is an excellent goalscorer and he clearly knows the market value of a player who brings a hat full of goals to the negotiating table. Why shouldn’t he push the boat out and pursue the best contract he can.

I think what’s more difficult to digest is the club buying Cisse when they already had Ba, haven’t we simply been hung by our own petard and also a bit surprised that Cisse is being so accommodating when his stock also rises and falls almost entirely on scoring goals.

• 121 Spreadthetoon // Dec 19, 2012 at 1:12 AM

TADS / Nick 9
    So we are where we are……..so that leads us on to AP. Is all the fault rested on the manager, or some on the players…..what about the case when AP does not play players to their strengths…which has been the case……but answer me this…who in your opinion is the better central striker….Ba or Cisse. It would be easy to answer Ba as he has scored more goals…..he’s an old fashioned and physical striker….many say that Cisse and Ba are too similar, perhaps they are cos’ they undertake similar runs and the national coach of Senegal rarely plays them together…but for me Cisse has more finesse and skill than Ba….is that fair…..I’m not sure….perhaps they are different players….and yet they seem unable to create a partnership…such a shame! We need a fast paced ST asap, we good passing and link up play. Agree Ba has done more dropping in deep to get ball from midfield which IMO is where the real problems have been for us this season.

• 122 nick_9 // Dec 19, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Spreadthetoon – I believe the club has failed collectively. Ashley and llambias for being tightfisted assuming they know best, Pardew for not asking for more players/saying we have enough to be ok and not getting the best out of the lads and also the players who have played not many can hold their heads high after each game week. The only players who have always looked ok ate Ben Arfa, santon, krul (minus the kicking) and perhaps now Anita. Collo has been shakey since Liverpool.

Out of Ba and cisse it is hard to say, Ba is more physical, better in the air and drops deep to collect the ball, cisse looks better with it at his feet and is always on the last man trying but at the minute Ba is nine league goals up on cisse and getting us the points. His goals got us the draws against Everton and reading and the win against Norwich and he has scores goals in each of the four games we have won. He is a very Important player for us and I bet right now he is feeling undervalued.

Now I’m not solely blaming any players here but I bet if you had marveaux, Anita, cabaye and Ben Arfa in the middle and had technical replacements for Simpson and Williamson then the quality of football and chances created would improve. Many of our players are poor technically and I have say and watched us be out passed by several lesser teams this season, if we could knock it about like those teams with cisse and Ba we would be laughing. You have to remember that both are strikers who on average notch a goal every two games so we need to get the service right .

If Ba does leave Stick marveaux in there and have him, hba, cabaye supplying the ammunition and tiote and Anita protecting the Defense

• 123 jimmysmith // Dec 19, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Want to see Marv in the hole v QPR with Guti playing wide left of a front 3 attacking his fullback, which he’s done really well in the last twenty minutes of recent games

Like James Perch, but do we need 2 DM’s against a team we should boss at home, especially with Anita and Tiote already there.

• 124 nick_9 // Dec 19, 2012 at 1:39 AM

Jimmy you would think with hba out that we could afford to have marveaux in the team and if there is a game to play him it’s this home game before two tricky away ties.

My concern is if we get a lead and sit back, we need the points desperately so I have a feeling Pardew will shut up shop of we get the lead and invite the pressure on. At home we should be taking it to teams and especially teams like qpr, even now we have plenty of firepower. Even obertan could play his part against qpr of he makes the squad.

• 125 Spreadthetoon // Dec 19, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Nick 9
    A well balanced argument….hope that we have a replacement if Ba does go. Personally I’d like Cisse up front on his own with a diamond shape supporting. I haven’t seen enough of Marv to be convinced that he could play up front. Both Marv and HBA benefit from a free moving role, I think the loss of Cabaye and the fact that Tiote and Cabaye have only played 3 games together all season is a massive massive miss indeed. Really hope we sign either Diame or Sissoko…1st preference the latter. Our problems all season have been with our midfield. Sissoko and Remy for me would be brilliant additions that would propel and support AP’s current tactical formation….not my first choice as I think 3-2-4-2 or 4-5-1 could work really well or 4-4-2 in a diamond / christmas tree format. Anyway gotta dash…laters

• 126 jimmysmith // Dec 19, 2012 at 1:46 AM

If Oba’s fit I’d be tempted to play him instead of Cisse, he has his shortcomings but is the better player out wide. That would look a dangerous team to me and I think Oba and Marv are genuine understudies to Cabs and Benny. To me that’s a well set up side.

• 127 RonVanDam // Dec 19, 2012 at 1:47 AM

I thought MA got rid of player power when he released Nolan, Barton …..

At this point BA doesnt need to mention his clause, i bet every top league is aware of this since it gets mentioned every single day in mass media.

I dont blame BA wanting more, he has proven to everybody what he can do in front of the goal. His records speak for itself.

A striker like him at this age has a shelve life of 2-3 years. he needs to make as much money as he can now to last him another 30 years, on top of that he may have his own personal goals to achieve like winning a silverware before his career winds up for example. Remember, every player is replaceable, young players dont show loyalty (money comes first) until the later stages of their career once they’ve signed THAT final contract where they’ll most likely finish their career so they can have a job as a ambassador etc

• 128 nick_9 // Dec 19, 2012 at 2:08 AM

This is the article for anyone who hasn’t seen it. Wouldn’t be surprised if he was just answering questions put to him about their style of play. He does say leaving is not on his mind. Seen suggestions the club could fine him for this, that’s counterproductive in my opinion and he would become more annoyed. A 2 week fine is pretty serious no matter what your wage as you live by your means.

• 129 nick_9 // Dec 19, 2012 at 2:16 AM

A good insight into sir Alex and he goes on to talk about Paul scholes. I think the same
    Goes for cheick we need to dismiss his bad points and focus on his good points, Pards has got him hellbent on not getting bookings that he has lost something in his game. He is second guessing his moves now.

Demba could be fine according to
    Some journalists but that would be counterproductive for me.

• 130 t00ntime // Dec 19, 2012 at 2:36 AM

apparantly Ba said in an interview that he doesnt like long ball, he likes attractive football which creats alot of chances, and enjoyment for the fans.

so if this is true, then AP isnt doing longball for ba, he is just doing it cause thats his tactic. (again) if so that means buying remy would be useless, cause long ball isnt going to benefit him or cisse. Though i think we have been playing less long ball recently, so lets hope we start playing attractive football and spank QPR this weekend, for a good start to christmas

• 131 willowdalerez // Dec 19, 2012 at 2:54 AM

Get Remy in!!! He is great on and off the ball, great positioning and footwork! He will be a great match with Cisse, Ben Arfa and with Cabaye once he returns… imagine a fluid midfield to striker exchange and less hoofball! If we lose Ba we will hurt a lot less and if he stays Remy will open up a lot more options! If we get him in… a big if… Let’s pray Santa sends us someone at CB or RB to replace Willo or Simmo/Perch… I would recommend we sell someone to pay for it and if selling an unhappy Ba would seal the deal (for Remy and a CB/RB) I’d do it!

Pardew now has to step uo and demand some $$$ from Ashley for players as his biggest slip up to date was not bringing in cover at RB when Taylor went out with injury in the summer… it was clear he was injury prone then and we know what happened in the fall.

• 132 NUFC_LEAZES END // Dec 19, 2012 at 3:41 AM

Anyone else know tht Danny Simpson has bought a 6mil house in west London, think we should sell before he leaves on a free!!

• 133 p // Dec 19, 2012 at 3:50 AM

If he is a part ex with Obertan, that could still mean a center back which is what we really need.

Also, if Ba leaves that might be a third player in, maybe Debuchy if Simpson does not resign.

The Toon’s problem are deeper than a few new signings and I think fans and managers alike are too quick to look at transfers as the solution. However, I do think we need some new players to freshen things up and give us a different dynamic.

• 134 t00ntime // Dec 19, 2012 at 3:58 AM

@nufc_leazes end, i dont know if ur trying to get people to hate danny simpson or not. But if you are trying to, then atleast get your facts right.

because
    1) its in north london
    2) its not his house its tulisas house….
    3) http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2242190/Tulisa-shows-Danny-Simpson-new-6m-mansion.html

again… like i say to everyone if you prove me wrong (with an article saying he bought a house) i will eat my words… but if you are just that stupid that you cant even read a title…

• 135 Mister Tuff // Dec 19, 2012 at 4:40 AM

nick @127 -Ba will not get fined for breach of contract on the basis that Percy Parsnip has committed a similar offence in revealing the existence of the release clause in Ba’s contract. Would look daft if Newcastle fined him and he then counter sued for breach of contract.

• 136 jimmysmith // Dec 19, 2012 at 5:50 AM

Don’t fancy the idea losing players like Oba and Marv, they may not be first choice but they do provide the depth in quality that we currently don’t have enough of.

Ideally, I want to see two or three genuine first teamers brought in and lose no one, apart from Ba if he is indeed off, who I’m strangely cool on despite his undoubted qualities. He just seems far too problematic tactically, and there’s the knee, the demands and the never ending circus provided by his handlers. That’s some baggage all in.

• 137 Indian Magpie // Dec 19, 2012 at 6:03 AM

Good day People.

• 138 cyprus // Dec 19, 2012 at 7:46 AM

“The knee”
    What knee. The guy has never been injured, plays like a war horse, scores for fun. UP his contract now! Crazy that some people are doing the accounting and saying good riddance and doing the loyalty (huh?) talk! Without him we would be way behind in last, same last year, believe it or not!

• 139 bills-son // Dec 19, 2012 at 8:24 AM

Tranafer earlier on in this thread said we have no leader in the team. Dead right. The single biggest addition we need to the squad is a fist waving, shouting, aggressive midfield player who can keep the ball and score a goal or two. Colo is a lead by example captain and when the chips are down, especially away from home, you need two or three physical battlers in the team. Our midfield with the eception of Tiote is full of non aggressive players who are all too easily overpowered. I keep saying it, our biggest problem is in midfield, ithats where 60-70% of the play takes place and where games are won or lost.

• 140 Transfer Sage // Dec 19, 2012 at 8:25 AM

Cyprus

The club can’t afford to him 90k a week like he wants.

Id love is to have money I pay for whoever we wanted but the reality is we don’t. In not happy about that but I accept it.

Before Ba we had Carroll, before Carroll we had martins, before that shearer….players come and go, just have to accept it and support whoever is there

• 141 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Dec 19, 2012 at 8:31 AM

All this losing Ba. If we do lose we have to get someone in BEFORE Ba goes out the door – NO last minute brinkmanship on 31st Jan as other years.
    My team for Saturday
    Krul
    Simpson, Williamson, Coloccini, Santon
    Tiote, Perch –
    infront of back four
    Jonas –
    I no he has struggled
    Anita, Marvo –
    as ball carriers playmakers, I would have marvo in at the start like what I have seen, hasn’t been given a chance.
    Ba –
    man scoring up front – Cisse wasted playing wide

• 142 Lachu // Dec 19, 2012 at 8:35 AM

I have a feeling this aint happening , i m sorry..
    WE re 15th .. so ashley would want a relegation clause inserted in the contract for pay cut .. so it ll hit a road block at personal terms .. then a month of will he or wont he .. then in the first week of feb ed will put out article on the Free agents available acroos Eupre .. hope i m proved wrong ..

• 143 Rotonda heights // Dec 19, 2012 at 9:01 AM

Bills son

I agree midfield is a problem but then all season they have been by passed with the ball sailing over their heads for most of it.

I’m torn between seeing whether Ba going and Remy coming would get us back to 433, playing football with Anita and Cabaye pulling the strings or whether route 1 hoof ball is Pardew’s default position. It’s a worry when your top striker says it is and a youth player won’t join because the football is better elsewhere. That’s hardly going to attract other top kids

Ian Toon

I missed Beattie’s sea change. What’s he saying now?
    Last I heard he was just not enamoured with Pardew. Very few are these days.

• 144 Pardews Perfect Battleplan // Dec 19, 2012 at 9:04 AM

@bills our team could certainly do with some physicality. not quite the same but a lot of defenders really struggled with the big rough and tumble Andy Carroll and he looked unplayable sometimes.
    in midfield we certainly need a more physical and vocal presence and at the back too. im not a willo basher but he looks weak this year. last season he put in hard tackles and some really decent shifts.
    who would you suggest to fill these roles? realistic targets

• 145 nufc 11 // Dec 19, 2012 at 11:15 AM

the lad has one goal all season in a very poor league to say he is a gamble wud be and understatement wud we not be better off giving Ba what he wants than risk it all on what is an extremley long shot in Remy…. at 14mill id rather spend it on Long, Strurridge or AC.

• 146 OhSholaAmeobi // Dec 19, 2012 at 3:58 PM

For god’s sake man Remy is shit and lazy.

previous post: No More Contract Offers To Demba Ba – Period

next post: Ba To Be Fined By Newcastle – Is This Bring Orchestrated?