The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle vs QPR – Match Preview

6:38 pm, Friday, December 21st, 2012 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 156 Comments

qpr

If there ever was a crucial game it’s tomorrow against QPR, and Newcastle will go into this home game trying to get their second win in the last 12 games in all competitions, and as far as the league goes try to get all 3 points after losing six of our last seven league games.

And the opponents tomorrow languished at the bottom of the league with only 4 points from their first 13 games until Mark Hughes was fired and Harry Redknapp and his team took over the management at the London club – and in their first four games in charge they have three draws and got their first win of the season last Saturday at home to Fulham – so 6 points from 4 games is not too bad at all.

So Newcastle don’t meet QPR at a particularly good time, since they will be full of confidence from the start they have made under Redknapp, but on the other hand if Newcastle are to get away from the danger of relegation, we have to start winning games, and against mediocre teams at home draws will not be good enough.

Newcastle have lost three of the last four league games at home, broken only by the good 3-0 win over Wigan, although we had help in that game after Wigan were reduced to 10 men after only 12 minutes.

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew is only too well aware of the dangers of losing too many games, and the kind of losing mentality that builds in players when they lose too many times.

The only way out of this is for our players to dig in and fight like crazy for every ball tomorrow, and play out the full 90 minutes whatever the score may be – and get a win that will help us move up the league table.

Guts and team spirit are very important traits when teams are fighting to get away from the relegation zone – and we hope to see that in droves tomorrow from the Newcastle players.

As far as injuries go, James Perch is a slight doubt with a neck injury – it’s a pain in the neck – so he should be OK tomorrow – and at long last Gabby Obertan is fit from his toe injury, and we think the French U21 International will see some playing time, with Ben Arfa still being out injured with his hamstring problems.

Shola Ameobi is pushing for a first team place to replace Papiss Cisse, but this is the side we think Alan Pardew will start in this crucial game for Newcastle in a 4-3-3 formation:

Krul
Simpson Coloccini Williamson Santon
Tiote Anita Gutierrez
Obertan Ba Cisse
Subs: Elliot Tavernier Bigirimana, Marveaux Ferguson Perch Ameobi (Sh)

Alan Pardew may think it’s too soon to start Gabby on the right of an attacking front three, but we have to go at QPR tomorrow from the very first whistle – and try to score goals to win the game.

Over the last six league games QPR have three draws and a win and 6 points, which is 3 points better than Newcastle, who have one win and five defeats – so it’s time for Newcastle to break out of this terrible losing streak and actually get a win and all three points tomorrow afternoon.

The keys for Newcastle tomorrow are that the defense plays solidly and doesn’t give away soft goals as we’ve done over the last several games – so concentration and solid play are necessary from the back five.

In this game last season Newcastle won 1-0, with a goal from Leon Best and that was Mark Hughes first game in charge of QPR, after Neil Warnock had been sacked – but he didn’t last the year out as QPR manager.

And the last time QPR beat Newcastle was way back in 1995, so we hope that streak of not losing to the London team in 17 years is not broken tomorrow.

Alan Pardew said in his news conference yesterday that the team has enough skill to get past this bad spell, and even if the very worst happens tomorrow and lose again, he still thinks we can start climbing the league table as the season progresses.

We hope the manager is right, but let’s not make it more difficult for ourselves with yet another defeat – let’s get back on the winning track tomorrow – and we need all Newcastle players to step up to the plate against QPR.

Let us know how you think the game will go tomorrow.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against QPR?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Howay The Lads!!

Tags: Match Preview · Newcastle News

156 responses so far ↓

• 1 AlwaysTOON // Dec 21, 2012 at 6:42 PM

No Ranger? :/

• 2 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 21, 2012 at 6:44 PM

—————Krul————
    Simmo–Willi–Colo–Santon
    —–Anita—Tiote—Guti—–
    Obertan/Marv–Ba/Cisse–Marv/Ba

• 3 Jail for Ashley // Dec 21, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Just heard Pards claim that even if we lose tomorrow we are good enough to pull us out of the slump,why he had to mention losing I don’t know…

• 4 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 21, 2012 at 6:49 PM

To temper expectations? Hedging his bets? Who knows, preparing for the worst and hoping for the best probably.

• 5 Jail for Ashley // Dec 21, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Ibiza,
    I believe you but its not a 4-4-2 with Ba and Cisse up top.

• 6 jasper // Dec 21, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Before I get blasted I support my team 100% but so far as the manager goes…
    We play the same players in he same formation (injuries/suspensions allowing) so our opponents know exactly what to expect. Other teams mx it up, why can’t we? They must laugh at us in their preparation meetings.
    When it is obvious that we need to try something different we wait until the 82nd min to sub…..
    We persist in playing some players come what may – Jonas – and don’t recognise that others, such as Marveaux, are the future.
    Too many players can’t pass the ball and work it out of tight corners. So ball retention poor.
    Ba is selfish, persistently, and gets away with it game after game.
    The midfielders never score as they are never in the box (most Nolan goals from <10 yards
    Corners /free kicks hopeless
    Too many low percentage long shots (the big boys almost never shoot from outside the box in open play).
    All issues of coaching and tactics.
    That's why I voted No to AP.

• 7 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 21, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Jail…You’ve lost me. Mine’s not a 4-4-2 with them both up top.

• 8 Graeme // Dec 21, 2012 at 6:59 PM

We know Ba & Cisse are not working together – is he trying to prove it beyond all reasonable doubt??

• 9 magpiedan // Dec 21, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Hey guys new to commenting but this has been my ‘go-to’ blog for ages. Thought that with the situation we’re in I’d start chipping in. I’m confident despite recent weeks, I’ll say 3-1 to us :-)

• 10 check the toastie // Dec 21, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Will be at the match tomorrow getting behind the lads as normal, but i am sick of the shit Pardew comes out of. He is really starting to annoy the shit out of me, i hope our team can beat QPR despite his cluelessness.

Howey the Lads.

SACK PATSY PARDEW.

• 11 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 21, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Graeme….6-0 A hat-trick for Ba and Cisse…just you wait and see :)

Magpiedan….Welcome. I’d take a 3-1 tomorrow, but as I’ve already said, 6-0.

• 12 magpiedan // Dec 21, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Also think Pards will pop up with a 4-3-3 with Gabby in that Ben Arfa position, as he keeps banging on about srtopping the left back (which will probably be Traore) so maybe Ba or Cisse will be missing? Hoping Gutierrez gets injured in his sleep so Sylvain plays too. Wishful thinking…

• 13 Ian Toon // Dec 21, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Check Do you sit in the East Stand?

• 14 toonicle // Dec 21, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Cisse will put in atleast one tomorrow, I have faith in him. Just as long as Pards plays him up the middle.

• 15 magpiedan // Dec 21, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Ibiza – thanks, you’re a bit of a legend round these parts i’ve gathered.

I’ll be much more happy with 6-0, but with Willo and Colo not exactly playing to their abilities right now, I’d be surprised at a shutout. Be great though

• 16 toonicle // Dec 21, 2012 at 7:16 PM

MagpieDan- Let’s all hope Guti has some terrible nightmares and falls out of bed hurting his knee ever so slightly so he can’t start!

• 17 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 21, 2012 at 7:18 PM

dan…Not at all. Seemingly the one with worst social life :)

Don’t agree with the guti comment at all. I assume you want Pardew to bench him but feel he wont. The last thing we need is injured players. Saying that, I don’t want Guti playing in an attacking role, it’s not his anymore for me. I have no issues with him in a CDM role though. None at all.

Right then, that social life. Seems it’s not the end of the world so I best think about some dinner.

Night people.

P.S. Check…That a boy.

• 18 magpiedan // Dec 21, 2012 at 7:21 PM

toonicle – yeah exactly, let’s be honest he’s a trier but thats about it. He gets the ball on the wing against the RB and then I think he just closes his eyes and prays that he’ll get the other side of him. Would prefer Marv and Gabby either side or even putting Ferguson there or even at a stretch Santon, in fact get Carver on the flippin right just not Jonas! lol :)

• 19 Graeme // Dec 21, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Ibiza – Would love to see your prediction realised – I trust you have placed a small wager, will be worth a fortune!!!

• 20 paddythemagpie // Dec 21, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Think ba should be moved out to the left and play cisse down the middle,either that or drop him.
    His selfishness is holding back the team.
    At the start of the year when cisse was scoring we were winning…this season when ba is scoring we are losing.
    Anywayu hoping for 3 0 win 2mara..clean sheet.
    howtl

• 21 Big Pappa Cissé // Dec 21, 2012 at 7:28 PM

If we get beat tomorrow this place is gonna be a war zone although I fully expect we will get the 3 points. On the Ba situation, I don’t blame the guy if he leaves for a champions league team but if he joins QPR or someone like that I will lose all respect for the guy. I would love him to be here at the end of January and I think he is the best goalscorer we have had since Shearer IMO and an all round nice guy, that being said I have prepared myself if he leaves.

I think we could realistically see this team if he goes.

———————–Krul———————-

–Debuchy—Alderwireld—Collocini—Santon–

———–Tiote—————–Anita———–

———————Cabaye———————

——HBA————————-Remy——-

———————-Cisse———————-

In

Alderwireld – 7 mill
    Debuchy – 5 mill
    Remy – 9 mill

Out

Ba 7.5 mill

Total spend 13.5 million which is plausible as Ashley spent the best part of 10 mill for Cisse last January.

• 22 toonicle // Dec 21, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Dan- Lol and Guti seems to fall over more times in 1 game than than he completes passes. I don’t know what happened to the guy but he needs a benching even for just 1 game to recompose himself or something. I’d love tomorrow to see Marv and Gabby on either side of Cisse up front but I think Guti hurting himself is even more likely than that.

• 23 Tsunki // Dec 21, 2012 at 7:41 PM

BPC – if you are pushed for cash for that team spend check with Ketsy – he always seems to have about £35m handy. He can also sell Tiote for £20m. I’m getting that boy to flog my car for me I tell you.

OK, IF and I mean IF Simmo and Santon are told the half way line is their new byline, I would consider Marveaux on for Jonas, I wouldnt mind seeing how Anita, Marv and Obertan interact, but I am afeared it all looks too fragile in upper mid for Pards’ liking.

If Jonas dropped out I would expect to see Perch, no way Alan is going to risk not having 2 cdm types.

• 24 toonicle // Dec 21, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Ibiza- Guti would be fine in a CDM roll, but isn’t that what Tiote and Anita are for? Although Anita can play fine in a CAM role and I’d like to see him there.

• 25 Tsunki // Dec 21, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Toonicle – hmmm a CDM Roll? can you get them at Subway?

• 26 Tsunki // Dec 21, 2012 at 7:49 PM

So after pulling yer chain toonicle, I agree that what has actually happened is Jonas has turned into a hybrid CDM/LB with a bit of the old Guti when the rare chance crops up, but Anita I see having a more advanced role as his performances pick up. His workrate is starting to look terrific, I see him starting to have a big influence on our inevitable revival. Jonas I think is actually being phased out by the way Pardew is shaping the team, and I think after January we will see this more clearly, certainly in the summer.

• 27 Tsunki // Dec 21, 2012 at 7:50 PM

BTW wouldnt it be a shock if Debuchy turned up this window ha ha.

Debuchy! etc etc…

• 28 Tsunki // Dec 21, 2012 at 7:59 PM

back to my old blog-killing ways…….

• 29 Big Pappa Cissé // Dec 21, 2012 at 8:12 PM

@ Tsunki

Don’t go anywhere, if we get beat tomorrow we might need you to kill the blog :)

• 30 jimmysmith // Dec 21, 2012 at 8:14 PM

I predict a desperate, scrappy 2-1 home win with Ba and Cisse each scoring and thus convincing Pards that he was indeed right all along to play Cisse wide and thus purpetuating the sheer horror and misery of it all.

But hey, a wins a win!

• 31 Tsunki // Dec 21, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Jimmysmith – Thats the spirit! Unbridled optimism.

BPC – always vigilant, always on call 24/7. Especially since my apprentice nufc786 seems to have been shirking of late….

• 32 toonicle // Dec 21, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Lol! Role. It’s a role.

• 33 toonicle // Dec 21, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Tsunki- Yeah i’d definately agree. It would be interesting to see Pards flip Guti to LB and put Santon on the left of midfield, not sure how well it would work at all but it’d be fun to see it tried.

• 34 toonLYF // Dec 21, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Blaise Matuidi for PSG looks one hell of a BTB midfielder.

• 35 eaststandgeordie1982 // Dec 21, 2012 at 8:33 PM

If theres a CB that we should get with a contract running out its hangeland hes a beast

• 36 Tsunki // Dec 21, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Santon is annoying me and impressing me at one and the same time. As a LB he is good when he is good but sometimes as a winger he makes an awful defender ha ha. I am starting to see the merit in switching him and Jonas. But only after we have started winning a bit.

Anyone else not slightly buoyed by he fact that if the mackems lose at southampton they will be in serious bother ha ha, you see there’s always a silver lining :D

• 37 Tsunki // Dec 21, 2012 at 8:36 PM

eastand – lol yeah I thought that it looked like a dad coaching 8-year olds ha ha I even paused the game so my missus could see how giant he looked against his team mates lol.

• 38 check the toastie // Dec 21, 2012 at 8:37 PM

I hope this doesnt happen but experience says we will be given the same old fragmented, unimaginative display to endure,

Simmo with his heavy touch and total lack of courage to get involved in offering for the ball, Gutti misplacing pass after pass, watching the game go past him, Cisse working his knackers off in an area of the pitch he has never seen in his career.

Ba recieving the ball and single mindedly just trying to create a shooting opportunity for himself in the hope that more goals will get hi a move away from the toon.

Please let Marveaux play so he can link with Anita and please let Cisse play through the middle. Stick Jonas full back if he must play. Would actually play 4231 tomorrow.

Krul
    Santon Perch Collo Jonas
    Tiote Anita
    Obertan Ba Marveuax
    Cisse

Santon, Anita and a return to his magic best by Cisse is the only thing that can light up my afternoon, dont want to see Shola on the pitch, his continual use is a recurring nightmare, it has gone on for years. :(

• 39 Tsunki // Dec 21, 2012 at 8:40 PM

check – actually like the look of that team. But it wont happen will it?

• 40 eaststandgeordie1982 // Dec 21, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Tsunki

Hes just what we need someone at the back who can win headers and a threat in their box aswell, hes proven in the prem and we need a quick fix at the back he can step straight in.

• 41 check the toastie // Dec 21, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Tsunki, Santon is a one man left hand side, his responsibilty to defend, his responsibility to create, im sure somebody else has played down that side this year, cant say ive seen much of him.

Pardew said in interview today that last weeks 2nd half was Jonas’s best performance of the season, its like he’s trying to convince the fans he is actually still worth his place in the team. No Assists, No Goals, yep great Left wing play that. OH MY GOD.

PARSNIP OUT

• 42 Blaydon-Toon // Dec 21, 2012 at 8:44 PM

If and I mean a big if we lose tomoz not sure I could face this blog for a few days … So lets hope im on here with a big smile and 3 points in the bag !

• 43 GeordieToon89 // Dec 21, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Pardew says we could need upto 3 new players….

Debuchy – £6million
    Sissoko – £4million
    Remy – £9million

OUT:
    Ba – £7.5million

With a spend of £12.5million on sheer quality I think we’ll fly and the service from Remy and Ben Arfa will bring the very best out of Cisse, Also Sissoko is a Yaya Toure kind of player with the tackling of a Vieira player so he will also make a huge difference to the team and ease the burden of Tiote and Cabaye, only problem would be fitting Anita into the side as he’s been our best player of late

• 44 Blaydon-Toon // Dec 21, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Would love Hangerland as think we need a player that knows our league and physical demands of the PL …. I like A Williams from Swansea too as he has a bit more pace !

• 45 jimmysmith // Dec 21, 2012 at 8:49 PM

My initial reaction to Ash’s comment that even if we lose against Quite Probably Relegated the squad is still good enough to pull away from danger as proof positive that old beer bottle pockets will be turning a blind eye in the transfer window.

I really am slowly slipping away, help.

• 46 GeordieToon89 // Dec 21, 2012 at 8:51 PM

—————–Krul
    Debuchy-Taylor-Coloccini-Santon
    ———–Tiote-Sissoko
    Ben Arfa—-Cabaye—-Remy
    —————-Cisse

• 47 89Norcal // Dec 21, 2012 at 8:59 PM

jimmysmith

Just go into the light, no more pain…no more suffering :)

• 48 jimmysmith // Dec 21, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Geordietoon, I’m sure you could fit him in somewhere, he’s so little.

• 49 ToonBano // Dec 21, 2012 at 9:06 PM

The only positive from this season is that a lot of fans are starting to see what I have been aware of with our silver fox for a long time now. Even last season. Never mind the questionable line ups and baffling substitutions…its his tripe he spews out via the press that really disdains me.

Keep talking AP. Hopefully your position will become untenable. I am just about done with him completely.

• 50 gazzaforever // Dec 21, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Remy is always injured, capoue from toulouse too, is 10 times better than sissoko, and debuchy is average . Just saying.

• 51 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 21, 2012 at 9:09 PM

For god sake Bano shut up, you utter muppet.

• 52 89Norcal // Dec 21, 2012 at 9:09 PM

ToonBano,

What exactly is he supposed to say? No matter what he says the fans will be frustrated in this current run of results, and managers play a constant mental tug of war with the club and fans.

• 53 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Dec 21, 2012 at 9:13 PM

I am not sure if I rate Remy to be honest.

i would like of we can get Cissoko. But that is plently of DM players.
    Its time to win games and lots of them just cant see it happening without Cabs and HBA…

• 54 Jail for Ashley // Dec 21, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Gr89,
    You haven’t mentioned a new CB in which I think is integral to our recent plight,can you explain your reasons why.

• 55 JAMSHA // Dec 21, 2012 at 9:18 PM

looks like remy deal is all done

• 56 ToonBano // Dec 21, 2012 at 9:20 PM

89Norcal – I dont care what he says anymore. It mostly contradictary, unhelpful, meaningless tripe. I was just making reference to the fact more fans are starting to see it like I have for a long time.

I can only imagine the anger towards him for what he has to say if we lose to QPR. It could be brutal.

Ruddy – stop getting so angry. You’ll live longer ; D

• 57 catchy in norway // Dec 21, 2012 at 9:24 PM

some things should not be said,, but i will say it any way

i would quiet happily lose tomorrow to get this twurp out of our club

what im affriad will happen is he wins,, give some of these pro pardew fans encouragment to accept us losing against man u ARS and everton, because there good teams,,

the worst for me woyuld be a draw,, cos you will get the same guys on here saying we are moving forward, at least we did not lose the game

what is going to happen is

krul

simpson wilo colo santon

tiote anita perch

cisse jonas
    ba

back 4 picks itself

MF is as weak as any you will ever see in the prem

subs will start rolling on around 77 mins, jonas will stay on
    obertan will get on before marv
    shola will to,, then around 85 mins marv

ssoooo sad

• 58 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 21, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Bano

Who’s angry? On a blog that consists the likes of catchy, kets, Indian and yourself I think I would come across like a proverbial Dalai Lama.

• 59 catchy in norway // Dec 21, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Ruddy Marveaux-lous

he will shut up when you open your eyes

theres a deal

idiot

• 60 GeordieToon89 // Dec 21, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Jail – Didnt mention one because I dont think we’ll sign one…He’ll look at it like weve got Perch, Colo, Williamson and Taylor(when fit) and Taylor and Colo are starters so we’d only need cover (perch&williamson) then Streete is apparently doing well in training and he could come into recognition before the end of the season that leaves 5 cb’s and signing another would mean 6 and we didnt seem to go for any of the summer was more RB and midfielders… Personally though I’d like Ashley Williams or someone else who knows the premier league

• 61 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 21, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Bano

There’s your endorsement. Anyone sharing views with Catchy should see that as a kiss of death :P

Catchy

Wanna fight? I know that’s how you deal with things these days. Open my eyes to what exactly? Please go over the old classics, it’s been a while since I’ve heard them.

• 62 toonLYF // Dec 21, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Gorgonzola…

Sissoko is not a DM.

• 63 gazzaforever // Dec 21, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Sissoko is a DM

• 64 ToonBano // Dec 21, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Ruddy

You trying to score points off me whenever you can now? Always a ringing endorsement towards a proper debate.

You can stop now. Im sure I am not the only person bored with it.

• 65 toonLYF // Dec 21, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Well, my eyes tell me otherwise. I’ve watched Toulouse for over a year now (because of Capoue, M’bengue, Ben Yedder and Sissoko), and he is certainly not a DM. Maybe he has been deployed there every now and then…but does that make Simpson a Centre-Back?

Sissoko has played as a winger on numerous occasions, he’s a driving box to box midfielder, with emphasis on his attacking game.

NOT.A.DM.

• 66 catchy in norway // Dec 21, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Ruddy Marveaux-lous

you come acrcos as a fan that supports nothing, the only thing you say is shut up and support the team,,

what is it you like,, cos you can not like football, if you like pardew,,

ppl like me who see it for what it is, accept that we have not got the money to chalange the top 5 now,, we really accept this,,

what you will find is i think we are football fans, whos club happens to be newcastle utd,
    managers like
    JFK
    SOUNESS
    FAT SAM
    DOGLEASH
    where not tolerated,, so what gives pardew the right to think he should be untouchable,, just because fans like you want to hear the word stability,, i dont see stability,

i hear a manager that seems to have no clue, a guy that makes no sense from one week to the next, they where taking the piss out of him on talk sport today,, great ehh,, he is in charge of our club, and a national radio station where making fun out of us,,

i dont think you have ever played the game,, you dont seem to have a clue about formations and why it isnt working,, if you did you would see the reason is pardew, picking the wrong players for the formation he wants to play,, may be he could try picking a formation to suit the players we have,, most other managers seem to do that,,

with the players he has had at his disposal all season ,, there is no reason why he should not be comferably in the top 10, norwich stoke west ham swansea, all in there,, doing quiet well, with what i consider weaker squads,, these teams played us of the park when they played us,, made us look like we had just came up this season,, we finished fifth last season

look how far we are behind

your banging on about transfers,, why is it we are getting a forward in first?????? surly before this ba thing came up they had been working on a CB or RB for the club,, thay have been needed since last jan,,

he was happy with BA 5 weeks ago

the whole thing stinks

• 67 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 21, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Bano

Score points? Who’s scoring points, I’m pretty sure you’re aware that even those who question Pardew wouldn’t necessarily want to be associated the fuming ball of rage that is Catchy (sorry Catchy but you are a bit mental)

While we’re on the topic of things that people are bored of, I for one am bored with people like you trying to drum up anti-Pards hysteria, with things like “I hope his position becomes untenable..” with the view to get people to agree with your, quite frankly, ludicrous calls for him to be sacked.

• 68 catchy in norway // Dec 21, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Ruddy Marveaux-lous

what do yo like about his style of management??

the football

the lies

the weakness

10 years ago he was the next best thing,, what has he done since to live up to that??

michle chopra was our next shearer, in the sun about 15 year ago,, look at him now

• 69 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 21, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Catchy

First and foremost JFK had health issues, he wasn’t sacked by MA, the only manager removed by MA was Hughton (Shearer’s contract wasn’t extended and KK was constructively dismissed I know but in the strict sense of the word Hughton was the only one sacked under him) so if we are going to debate issues make sure they are factual.

One of the reasons that we have seen our great club decline in the days following SBR is the fact that we chop and change our managers with alarming regularity and that is not the way to sustainably build for success.

I don’t tell people to shut up and support the club, I am all for debating issues, the key to that element is “debate” a frank and honest exchange of views that do not attempt to force an opinion on anyone, or fulfil some self serving agenda.

As for the rest of your comment I will not entertain it, as what is the one thing I have said to you in the past. If you cannot have manners then don’t waste your bloody time typing anything directed at me.

So unless you apologise I don’t think we can go any further.

• 70 catchy in norway // Dec 21, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Ruddy Marveaux-lous

i really dont care what you say

you just proved your point by saying JFK wasnt sacked,, i never said he was,, they wernt tolarated,, there brand off football,, fans complained all the time

and for the record, i only wanted DOGLEASH and JFK out,, fat sam, did not get a chance

you talk about us having an agender to get him out,, your dam right,, i am not ashamed to say it to,,

you are no better than us, you back him up with the same verve as we do,, who is wrong,,??

what are you waiting for to happen with him???,, i think he is proving what he wants , not to lose, thats it, no ambtion at all,,

he lost the team at southamton,, he is losing it at newcastle,, ba is the first to make his mouth go,, who is next,, free ticket out of this mess,, just open your mouth ,,

the club has no back bone right now

• 71 check the toastie // Dec 21, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Pardews 8 year contract is another example of how much Ashley and his henchman are out of touch, did he not see some of the desperate performances last year.

Amazing decision. Incredulous, stability with a shit manager means years of disappointment.

• 72 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 21, 2012 at 10:02 PM

132toonarmydownsouth // Dec 21, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Catchy
    Wanting for better doesnt make a bad a supporter
    But you do nothing but slag off the entire club from board to players, you might not like the manager, you might not like a few players which apparantly includes colo now on the ever increasining list, but the fact is they are NUFC simple as, you might not think these players are the future but there still our players, you may hate the manager, he’s still are manager
    Never have you posted anything remoteley positive or supportive for that matter, if we lose its pardews fault for tactics and playing jonas and possibly bringing on gabby, if we draw its pardews fault for tactics and playing jonad and possibly bringing on perch, if win its a lucky result and pardew got lucky because he played jonas and bought on bigi!
    Im mean ffs man never ever seen you come and say great result after a win its straight in to the same repetitive boring speil every game!

But i never said you were a bad supporter, i have my opinion on that but didn’t say it, i simply asked why you actually spend so much time and effort following a team when you seem to dislike nearly everything about them?

• 73 Tommyy // Dec 21, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Ruddy – Allardyce was removed by MA.

• 74 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 21, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Tommyy

Sorry you’re right, my mistake.

• 75 Tommyy // Dec 21, 2012 at 10:05 PM

I’ve got to agree on the 8 year contract. An extremely amateur decision judging by Pardew’s previous track record (poor latter season performances, disagreements with the board etc). 3 years with the option to extend would have been ample, we as fans don’t need a statement of stability until it is rightfully earned over the course of at least a 3 year period in my eyes.

• 76 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 21, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Catchy

Playing with semantics doesn’t suit you. You’re so desperate for one side or the other to be right or wrong, yet it is impossible to find out whether I am right for supporting Pardew or you are for hating him and wanting him out, so stop trying to achieve the impossible.

You talk about people making fun of NUFC, well sacking the double manager of the year for a bad run of form which can be attributed to many factors would be a sure fire way of making NUFC the laughing stock it had become under Fat Freddy.

You are belligerently sticking to your Anti Pards guns and refuse to acknowledge other opinions other than your own as being worthy of consideration. If you gave me good tangible reasons for me to hate Pardew I would entertain them, but you can’t so I won’t.

• 77 wreker16 // Dec 21, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Ruddy 1-0 catchy

• 78 Tommyy // Dec 21, 2012 at 10:28 PM

So what’s the general consensus on when, if ever, Pardew should be relieved of his managerial duties if we find ourselves in and around the relegation scrap come mid Feb?
    Do we give him the benefit of the doubt and allow him the whole season, and if we go down he gets a shot at redemption? If we manage to stay up does he get the chop then or the summer to rethink and rebuild?

• 79 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 21, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Wreker

Can’t take all the credit, Catchy shoots himself in the foot so much it’s easy to trip him up haha only kidding catchy but seriously you spout abuse and criticisms without logic and reason.

This is why you are not generally seen as likeable

• 80 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 21, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Tommyy

Well as a Pardew supporter I would be an advocate of sticking by him even if the unspeakable should happen (although I feel that by the end of the season we will be well clear of a relegation scrap) and even if we were to only finish 17th he should be given the next season to get it right.

However, my views on whether or not we should support Pardew or not firmly rests on how well he is backed in the transfer marker by the powers that be. If he manages to bring in the players we need and still can’t get them playing the brand of football we want and need then I will back any calls to question his position, but for that to be a fair call he needs to be allowed the next 2 windows to buy the defenders he wants, strikers he wants and basically any other position he wants reinforcements for, and then given the following season to get the best out of them.

If he doesn’t get the backing in the markets then I don’t see how we can call for him to be sacked as any replacement will be faced with the same problems.

• 81 stuart no9 // Dec 21, 2012 at 10:36 PM

i thnk this 8 year contract given to ;ardew has got to go down as the worst piece of business in the history of NUFC, and that is including the signing of michael owen . that one piece of business alone shows that the owner was trying to be a bit clever , when really he just didnt know what he was doing . you dont give a manager that after just 1 season. his record is appalling since the signing of the contract, whats even more sad it has gone to pards head – he thinks now he is invincible when in reality he hasnt a clue what he is doing., his record since speaks volumes ,of a club who does every thing the wrong way round – and back to front. god help us .

• 82 Tommyy // Dec 21, 2012 at 10:36 PM

I’m undecided on Pardew personally. I don’t want him gone as he is a dedicated bloke who has served us well thus far, also and realistically we aren’t in a position to attract much better.
    On the other hand I’m baffled by his contradictory excuses and blind loyalty to both certain players and formations/mindsets/style of play. The biggest gripe being the sheer lack of improvement of the team as a unit since he put together the squad 18 months ago.

• 83 Magpies-till-d3ath // Dec 21, 2012 at 10:44 PM

When Pardew was given that contract, Llambias stated that it was a sign of stability and ambition. Within the first 3 months, he’d be showing more ambition by sacking him as it shows that they are not willing to accept the taste of 15th after finishing 5th(above the European champions and that team that wear red and always talk about winning the Cl) in the previous season!

• 84 stuart no9 // Dec 21, 2012 at 10:45 PM

tommy @82 what would you prefer? keep pards and go down ? or get rid of pards and either go down or maybe with a better manager stay up ???

• 85 Conaldo (The Wizard...Also Bestest Friends With Paul Scharner) // Dec 21, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Love it on here, everyone thinks they know exactly what is happening, exactly what players and managers are thinking, and that everyone can see the future.

I must have missed the memo that said that every blog user must have uefa coaching badges, a phd in psychology, and have the ability to see into the future.

On wait, people don’t? You mean everyone’s opinions on here are just opinions?

People put 2+2 together and come up with 17, and when they say something hasn’t worked, they have the benefit of hindsight.

• 86 Tommyy // Dec 21, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Ruddy – I agree, If we do go down there is no point getting rid as he has the ability and the club knowledge to get us back up again. For me it could be counter productive to be shuffling things around at that point.
    If we stay up by the skin of our teeth, I’d base any decision on the circumstances (the right manager being available, what MA’s transfer stance will be etc) at the time.
    I understand your point on him needing the backing of the owner and it being difficult to judge him without the players he wants, yet a truly good manager should be able to get his team playing well whatever the personnel (within reason of course) and we certainly have the personnel to do that in my opinion.
    Like you I think it is a case of wait and see, if he gets the 2 – 3 he needs in Jan and the majority of the squad is available between Jan and March and we see no improvement (I’m not talking the odd win here and there papering over the cracks) then my stance will be shifting towards wanting him gone.

• 87 wreker16 // Dec 21, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Since cabaye and hatem are now both injured, I don’t feel we can expect too much. The main creative threats gone it is going to be harder than ever to create chances. I voted for a win, don’t know why now.

I, like ruddy, am behind Pardew until after the transfer window and after he has had chance for the new recruits to begin playing well, however there is little time for the players settling in as Anita did.

If after that he still struggles then, well, who knows.

Some of his selection choices and formations do at times seem Bizzare but there must be a reason.

• 88 wreker16 // Dec 21, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Conaldo

Good point. We can never know why Pardew selects certain players and ba prefers to shoot from. 35 yards rather than pass.

They must have there reasons

• 89 stuart no9 // Dec 21, 2012 at 10:55 PM

catch @ 57 i understand what you say about losing tomorrow. its difficult coz with most clubs poor results mean the manager getting sacked, however i feel pards could put us in the conference national , and would still be given a chance to get us out of it.therefore a win goes without saying – he is here to stay like it or not.

• 90 nick_9 // Dec 21, 2012 at 10:56 PM

@OptaJoe: 7 – Premier League Players better than 1 goal per 2 games played ratio (50+ apps) Henry, van Nistelrooy, Shearer, Ba, Wright, Klinsmann, van Persie. Answer

• 91 Tommyy // Dec 21, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Conaldo – What’s your point? Everyone on here realises their opinion is just that, an opinion. Yes some get a tad over indulgent with the things they say but that’s what comes of having differing opinions.
    If you were to ask each person whether they thought what they said was gospel I’m sure 90% (excluding a few WUMs) would say ‘no it’s my opinion’.
    That is the purpose of a blog, if we all sat here and stated the stone cold facts we’d not have a blog at all. More a database of events, which leads me to the question… What is it you want or expect from this website?

• 92 Tommyy // Dec 21, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Stuart @ 84 – Well that really depends on who you mean by a better manager? Hypothetically speaking, I’d love to bring in Mourinho and have him steer us from relegation.

• 93 Conaldo (The Wizard...Also Bestest Friends With Paul Scharner) // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:02 PM

What do I expect from a blog? I guess the ablility to exchange views, ideas and a few jokes with fellow Newcastle fans, neither of those can I do with some of the posters I’m referring to.

I would gladly debate and exchange views and opinions on what is happening at the moment, but these people have their minds set in stone, with no room nor need for debate.
    The only thing these type of posters want to do is come on here and moan. Even if you try to engage in conversation, ask why they think that way, the don’t answer, or just blame it on Pardew or Willo.

Regular posters are getting driven away from the blog all the time now, and I can understand why. This isn’t a blog at times like this, it’s a bunch of guys sitting at their keyboards moaning about Pardew, and spouting abuse at anyone who happens to think that there may be a slight chance that Pardew is not infact the antichrist.

• 94 stuart no9 // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:02 PM

tommy @ 91 totally agree. you can either have an opinion – or be a muppett and agree with the majority i know where i stand with that one!

• 95 Tommyy // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:09 PM

I agree that there a few who are beyond reasoning, but I think it’s unfair to lambast those in the majority who have an opinion and will accept others’ even if they may never agree with it nor even understand it.
    I think with the scope and scale of this blog, the environment you’re referring to is extremely difficult to realise let alone expect. For all you or I know 50% of these posters could be other team’s supporters taking the piss.

• 96 stuart no9 // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:13 PM

tommy @92— who wouldnt ??? it was more of a hypothetical question relating to pardew. i would take a chance on sacking him and going for an attack minded manager. staying with a defensive minded manager is risky , especially when you have defenders with limited capabilities like ours. we need to keep the ball away from our defenders as much as possible- that means attack ,attack attack . pards dosnt think like that.

• 97 jonobbad // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Lol. Conaldo moaning about fans moaning when we are losing. Lol should we be happy? You will probably say look at the positives but surely you can understand the logic. IF we do lose to qpr we are in serious trouble. If we win we are still in serious trouble because we have 3 extremely hard games coming up.
    Swansea
    West ham
    Fulham
    Stoke
    Southampton
    Not in order but shouldn’t you as a fan be moaning about 0 points from the above games.
    Because no fan should be happy with that.

Pardew got the praise for 5th last season but when we are a couple of points off relegation with nearly half a season gone, it’s all MA and DL fault.
    Lol

• 98 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Stuartno9
    Bit of a one sided question really im mean wheres the garuntee that pardew will take us down exactly? Theres still over half the season left but you would rather sack a manager before the transfer window, which is a bad time anyway, and then perhaps only perhaps they do marginally better? Who would we bring in?
    And are you suggesting by standing by pards were the muppets? So suggesting the majority of the fans are still behind him then

Wizard
    True enough lad theres no debating with the catchys of the blog who wont concede that there putting out there opinion but rather portray it as fact

• 99 Benji84 // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Guys i have been reading these post in bed and i had to get up and right some stuff down. Catchy and marvs i have to say both of you have some valid points. I feel Catchy you at the point where most fans are where you can see the team should be a lit better but it seems like its been held back by some one and you feel its Pards. To be honest Pards is a guy you love and hate. It seems like a top bloke who does give a shit about the club but some of his decisions are a bit weird. As everyone states he always keeps the same players and formation. Why the hell does he not change it up and also his subs are very predictable as well. Saying that he did something which I cant believe it took him this long in the season to do and I believe everyone here has been crying for it for months is keep the ball along the deck. We did it saturday and that was I feel the best performance we have been up front all season. I just hope we do the same tonight and we will win. I also am sad if Marvs does leave NUFC in a part deal. I think he has not been giving a fair go and the small part he has been given he has been great. Come on the Toon All the way down in sunny Adelaide !!!!!!!!!!!!

• 100 Tommyy // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Anyway, we could really do with a comfortable win tomorrow. I don’t want to see another game of little idea and even less execution, especially at home.
    I’d like to see some back to basics pass and move stuff, retention of the ball and a couple of goals whilst looking relatively safe in defence.
    Would I take a shocking performance and a 1 – 0 win? Yes, but not lightly nor without complaint.

• 101 Tommyy // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Stuart – Yes i understand what you’re saying, I was merely trying to highlight how vague your assumption of a better manager waltzing in is.
    If there was one I would probably say ‘Yes, i agree’ but in reality who is there? Martinez perhaps? He’d by my choice but he turned down Liverpool to stay at Wigan, likelihood is he’d be even quicker to refuse us.
    It’s all very well saying we should replace him with an attack minded manager but we just can’t.

• 102 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Tommyy
    Not to mention there is not a chance in hell whealen would give him permission to talk to us mid season

• 103 stuart no9 // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:27 PM

toonarmydownsouth@98 if you read the post again i said it was a hypothetical question based on my opinion – no where did i say sacking a manager before the transfer window – also being regarded as muppets because you decide to stand by pards???? where did i say that??

• 104 Conaldo (The Wizard...Also Bestest Friends With Paul Scharner) // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Jonnobad – you kidding?! 6 defeats out of 7… It’s like Christmas come early!!! I’m really happy!!!!

Extreme sarcasm.

Of course I am upset, but I believe since the stoke game our performances have been top quality. I have voiced my opinion several times on why I think we are still losing, but to sum it up I think it’s because our players and manage are getting extremely desperate to win and score goals, and so we are playing an extremely high line defense. This I feel is causing us defensive weaknesses and mistakes.

I have seen enough the last few games to know we will be fine.

I get slated for seeing positives, yet the people who constantly point out only the negatives have some kind of protection from everyone on the blog?
    If you read my posts you will see that I try to form a well thought out well rounded opinion, taking into account all the factors (well, except when I don’t).

And MA and DL got plenty of praise last season I think you will find. Rightly so, they had a good season last year, we brought in lots of players, the right ones too, at the right times. They did nearly everything right.
    This season they have done nearly everything wrong. To suggest they don’t hold some of the blame is ridiculous.

The problems we are having arent as cut and dry as some may think. It’s not just Pardews fault, sorry to spoil your fun catchy.
    It’s a combination of everything. Too many things to list, and I can’t be bothered to try.

Anyway, I’m off. I hope you all enjoyed your Armageddon.

• 105 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Stuart
    I know what it said like i said a cery one sided opinion so not really a question like simply looking to have your opinion backed tbf
    Also about the muppet comment
    ” totally agree. you can either have an opinion – or be a muppett and agree with the majority i know where i stand with that one!”
    Your opinion is pardew should be gone?
    So safe assumption that if you disagree with that your on the muppet side? Might of mis read it but that just seemed thats what it meant

• 106 jonobbad // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:34 PM

You don’t get slated for seeing the positives you get slated for being a tw@

• 107 Conaldo (The Wizard...Also Bestest Friends With Paul Scharner) // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Jonnobad – cheers mate.

• 108 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Wizard
    Whens the next episode of the annoying bloke who sits behind you?
    Starting to think the subscription was a bit of a rip off like ;)

• 109 t00ntime // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:36 PM

just for the people who werent here earlier, msidouglas (or whatever) said on that no fee has been accepted and we are not in advanced talks. so far we have only shown intrest. O and marseille dont want to sell remy.

Still hoping for the best but looking like debuchy 2

• 110 Conaldo (The Wizard...Also Bestest Friends With Paul Scharner) // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Tads – bad news, I moved my seat. My new ST seat starts at the Everton game, so I will have to wait for the (inevitable) new annoying bloke behind me.

No refunds.

• 111 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:37 PM

T00ntime
    Who knows but tbf reading a douglas story is like reading lawro’s predictions 99% of the time its the complete opposite!

• 112 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Jonobbad
    Well atleast there are still sensible posters like yourself on here thank god for that

• 113 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Wizard
    You never know might be ketsy!! You’ll have to listen to him rattle off teamsheets we should be starting despite half the players not actually playing for us!

• 114 Tommyy // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:41 PM

t00ntime – Cheers for that I didn’t know. Never believed it for a second anyway, we are excruciatingly slow and uncooperative in transfer deals if the past is anything to go by.
    It had that all too familiar ‘Debuchy’ stench wafting from it’s rotten carcass of a story.

• 115 Conaldo (The Wizard...Also Bestest Friends With Paul Scharner) // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Tads – don’t get my hopes up. Me and Ketsy could trade panini stickers and private photos of Paul Scharner.

• 116 Brutooon // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:43 PM

we gonna play 4-2-3-1 like the previous two games

cisse will be width but he is not good in tracking back

• 117 jonobbad // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Tads my first post was sensible.. I hate sarcasm which is why I made the comment. You are now also a tw@

• 118 Tommyy // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:46 PM

The fact that the Mirror broke the news was the only confirmation I needed to know the story was falser than Howard Webb attempting to be unbiased when reffing a Man United game.
    I also think he has an agenda.

• 119 stuart no9 // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:46 PM

toonarmydownsouth – pardew was never mentioned in that comment . why you brought him up in that i dont know. – it could have meant the players we brought in, or the formation we play , or the ba and cisse debate, it could have meant anything ..

• 120 t00ntime // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:47 PM

@tds lol yeah, but the daily fail was the one who reported we had agreed a deal right? who is less trustworthy. I think i’m just going to go with the old fingers crossed and hope for the best.

@tommy i was excited when I heard we were in advanced talks, but when I heard we had already agreed a deal I started to get suspicious. Really hope it isnt another debuchy saga, I really like the look of remy.

• 121 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Jonobbad
    Glad to make the list seems im in good company what with conaldo and ibiza

Enjoy your xmas and have a great new year, now thats sarcasm!
    Tw@ ;)

• 122 Conaldo (The Wizard...Also Bestest Friends With Paul Scharner) // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Tads – welcome to the club. Your welcome basket of muffins should arrive through the post in a couple of days. If they don’t you can’t sue.

• 123 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Stuart
    As i said i may of mis read it but seeing as it was posted in the middle of a pardew debate perhaps 2+2=5, what was it refering to out of intrest?

T00ntime/tommyy
    Aye true although the story has been diing the rounds for a couple of days in france like

• 124 Conaldo (The Wizard...Also Bestest Friends With Paul Scharner) // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Also the invitations to the Christmas party should arrive soon.

• 125 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Conaldo
    A welcome basket of tw@ muffins? Happy days!!!

• 126 Conaldo (The Wizard...Also Bestest Friends With Paul Scharner) // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Tw@t muffins with an extra sprinkling of sarcasm.
    Don’t worry Jonnobad, your tw@t muffin is on it’s way to you as we speak.

Anyway, I really must be off.
    Have a really great time everybody!!
    Bunch of tw@ts ;)

• 127 Marty-Toon // Dec 22, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Anyone else watch the Ronaldo v Zidane game?
    Ronaldo really did get to like eating those pies ;-)
    Some good skill in the game

• 128 Rake // Dec 22, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Sorry just read some nonsense further up about pardew not changing formation…. It’s quite clear we change from 4-4-2 to 4-4-3 in games if which ever one he has started doesn’t work.

• 129 NUFC STEVE // Dec 22, 2012 at 1:11 AM

PAPISSTOL Cisse is our worst player.

• 130 toonLYF // Dec 22, 2012 at 1:13 AM

NUFC STEVE is our worst fan.

• 131 Blaydon-Toon // Dec 22, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Well said LYF not sure this joker was saying that when he was banging in goals for fun … Some fans are so fickle !

• 132 toonLYF // Dec 22, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Annoys me so much! Besides i don’t think Cisse has actually been that bad, particularly against City, where i thought he was actually the better of the two (Cisse/Ba), and if he were played centrally, would have scored.

• 133 ONLINE GUY // Dec 22, 2012 at 1:20 AM

hI LAds just back from local festivities ..had a wee drink so I feel I can say this now …

Lets bring Joe Kinnear back And I do miss Shefki Kooki…In fact make that Roy Kinnear ..I liked him ‘Cept that time when he fell off his horse. ..Sorry … Hic !

• 134 Blaydon-Toon // Dec 22, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Agreed think Ba leaving will benefit Cisse who has played with a smile on his face regardless of what position he had been put in I’m sure the goals will start to fly in !

• 135 ONLINE GUY // Dec 22, 2012 at 1:23 AM

That picture I got with Ashley with his Pants off last Christmas ..that tattoo on his arse …Defo says Jed on one cheek And ward on the other.

• 136 ONLINE GUY // Dec 22, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Are the late night Accountants on here ? Is it safe to come out ? (Tip toes away) ..Shhhh

• 137 ONLINE GUY // Dec 22, 2012 at 1:26 AM

And don’t mention Babies at all…or Math !.
    (hides under desk )

• 138 nick_9 // Dec 22, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Rake – 443 is the way forward for sure, fly goalie is a no go but the extra man could work.

I really think I would struggle to discuss Newcastle with some posters on this blog face to face, I would have to leave the room. Seen some pretty ridiculous stuff posted on here

• 139 Jail for Ashley // Dec 22, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Ruddy,
    I have been on easy jet website and have calculated you can get to Reading at home for 83 quid return,I would like you to come and visit our famous stadium.

• 140 Blaydon-Toon // Dec 22, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Jail it costs me more in fuel to get to a home game … Where does Ruddy reside then ?

• 141 obatoyou // Dec 22, 2012 at 5:39 AM

We can beat qpr dude if we play good who knows

• 142 headtheball // Dec 22, 2012 at 5:53 AM

Ruddy believes Catchy is “not generally seen as likeable”.Sh1t I nearly fell off my chair.
    Ruddy reminds me of Craig Bellamy when the great Sir Bobby stated that Bellamy could start an argument in a room on his own!

• 143 check the toastie // Dec 22, 2012 at 6:39 AM

SACK PARDEW

• 144 89Norcal // Dec 22, 2012 at 7:30 AM

Can’t wait for the game, I really think we’ll win comfortably. I might not even sleep tonight.

• 145 brklyngeordie // Dec 22, 2012 at 7:54 AM

Its disgusting when i see people on the boards wishing injury on some players and wishing the manager sacked why claim fan and not hope for the best and realize that this was always gonna be a tough encore for Pards….. Last year raised everyones expectations and did show that when HEALTHY and minds not on TRANSFERS the current squad has class… Injuries have been worse than anyone thought to be fair and now January is upon us and the schedule is about to be incredibly busy so ball is clearly in Ashleys court lets see if learned anything from the last time we walked down this road and i mean RELEGATION battle if some how we dont win tomorrow the pressure will be immense…Have faith in the lads and am hoping the best for today to relieve some pressure around the park how bout a happy 3-0 smashing!! HWTL!!

• 146 jonobbad // Dec 22, 2012 at 8:01 AM

So still no response to my normal post but plenty to the tw@ posts.
    And you guys honestly wonder why the blog is like it is.
    Conaldo and Tads
    You know where you can stick your tw@ muffins right?
    Up your a$$

• 147 brklyngeordie // Dec 22, 2012 at 8:02 AM

Its crazy how the boards once raved about our players that i think many teams wouldnt mind taking at least few of them we are facing adversity so be it but lets support and arise to the occasion a win with a clean sheet could go a long way

• 148 jeff // Dec 22, 2012 at 8:10 AM

we need a boumsong or rozenhal type player in my opinion

• 149 brklyngeordie // Dec 22, 2012 at 8:11 AM

jonobbad…. how can u blame Pards for the current state of affairs? came in to a hostile situation worked a miracle with what we had and has to deal with no backing from the board and a lack of support from us which makes no sense cause we all feel we can do a better job lol as if we know what goes on behind the scenes and who is willing to play where : s

• 150 magpiedan // Dec 22, 2012 at 8:19 AM

Bit of a nervous day today then. After sleeping on it still think Pards will opt for a 4-3-3 with cisse on one side. Although I’d prefer gabby and maybe cisse up top ba on the bench. Few choices, like the idea of 4231 just not cisse as a winger. Gabby and sylv then tiote Anita behind or maybe tiote and bigs with Anita CAM. Oh god I don’t know let’s just get some points. Today’s worth more than 3 in terms of morale, momentum, I’m off to the arsenal match and can not bare to watch a team in bottom 3. So HWTL!!

• 151 John Tudor // Dec 22, 2012 at 8:26 AM

buy shite you end up in shite

• 152 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 22, 2012 at 8:28 AM

Jonobbad
    Thats because your original post was tge run of the mill blame pardew for everything at the club rubbish that has become unbearably tedious to read, then your second post was calling some one a tw@ which badically somes up your general contribution

• 153 John Tudor // Dec 22, 2012 at 8:31 AM

desperate times desparete measures

• 154 John Tudor // Dec 22, 2012 at 8:33 AM

not a prediction but true qpr 2 nufc 0

• 155 nobby sol // Dec 22, 2012 at 8:43 AM

————–krul
    anita taylor coloccini santon
    —sissoko tiote cabaye
    —ben arfa cisse remy

by february if we can put out a team like this, id be happy

• 156 89Norcal // Dec 22, 2012 at 8:45 AM

I think Sissoko is an ambitious target.

We need a ST and a CB first, so after splashing the cash on those 2, I think we will get diame at best if we buy another midfielder.

previous post: Pardew – We Need New Players – Fans Are Hurting