News About Newcastle’s Frustrated Captain

Alan Pardew has said he isn’t too surprised at the low profile being taken by our captain Fabricio Coloccini recently, and we haven’t heard much at all from The Argentine International during Newcastle’s disastrous run of six defeats in the last seven league games.

fab coloccini tackles steven fletcher

Fab Coloccini – in action against Sunderland

One thing that Alan Pardew is very good at and that is man management, and he seems to understand completely the quietness of Coloccini during the last few disastrous weeks for Newcastle, and the gaffer had this to say in the local press:

“Colo is one of those players for whom not winning does affect him.” “I don’t think he likes to put himself out there if he doesn’t feel the results reflect very well. I understand that. The fact the results stay with him says a lot about the man as a professional.”

“Cheick Tiote and Colo have been disrupted with injury. That does have an impact. They are massively important to us as they are our captain and one of the key midfielders.”

We need to see a cool and collected Coloccini at the back for Newcastle in the next few very tough games for Newcastle, and even if we can get a much needed win tomorrow against QPR, we have games at Old Trafford and the Emirates followed by a tough home game against Everton over the next two weeks – and the Toffees are never an easy team to play at any time.

But we must pick up as many points as possible in these next four games to start to get clear of the bottom three, and a win tomorrow will help start that process.

Howay The Lads!!

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• RonVanDam

Dec 21, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Re-post

During this tough times, our captain should stand up and get the players motivated. Collo was in the last team that got relegated and needs to rally up the troops, get that fire we had last season back into the team. I remember when we played MU at old traford last season – Steven Taylor and co we throwing their bodies on the ball. We need to get that s.h.i.t back.

Sorry for the rant guys, im just tired of reading about demba ba

• WWYCD

Dec 21, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Not winning upsets him? Maybe he shouldnt lash out and get himself suspended for 3 games then…just a thought

Love the bloke as a player and he is the only choice for captain atm for me but I do have worries about his captaining ability during the tough times

• Mister Tuff

Dec 21, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Just been checking up on Remy. Recently he appears to have been out crocked -and is coming back to fitness. Prior to his injury problems his strike rate was more or less one goal every two games -so that would be very respectable if he can regain that form.
    If Ba does not get sold in January – I reckon Percy Parsnip can show more robust managerial skills – ie “Demba you are playing on the wing or not at all”.

• Mister Tuff

Dec 21, 2012 at 11:14 AM

I would like to add since the Remy news -spirits do appear to have been lifted.

• Indian Magpie

Dec 21, 2012 at 11:14 AM

TS to answer your question

I stopped caring about Indian cricket a long time ago.

• G

Dec 21, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Back on the topic, can we honestly name any Toon player in recent times that regularly faced the music and came to the press and admitted that we hadn’t been playing well, and didn’t come out with excuses? The only player I can think of in recent years who did this is Warren Barton.

• Transfer Sage

Dec 21, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Indian

Why? corruption/favouritism in selection etc?

• Indian Magpie

Dec 21, 2012 at 11:20 AM

yes all that and NUFC

• TorqToon

Dec 21, 2012 at 11:20 AM

G – another one was Rob Lee. Always faced the press and always have sincere and frank interviews regards the club. Things were very different in those days though.

• cisse_the_legend

Dec 21, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Indian cricket is and always will be money-minded. Especially with IPL coming in. Trust me on the fact that many of us who used to be fans during the dravid/laxman/tendulkar/kumble days are now distraught :\

• Indian Magpie

Dec 21, 2012 at 11:24 AM

I hate IPL with a passion

• G

Dec 21, 2012 at 11:24 AM

TT @ 9. Agreed, very different indeed.

• cisse_the_legend

Dec 21, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Lets just talk about Newcastle for now, Indian cricket…… sigh.. a lot left there to be desired

• Transfer Sage

Dec 21, 2012 at 11:28 AM

I dont mind about what players say in the media…doesn’t concern me.

What annoys me (and this is not colo’s fault, just not in his character) is what he says, or doesn’t say. on the pitch.

We haven’t got a single player in the team who will give somebody a right good rollocking during or after a game if they aren’t performing or are clearly taking the mick.

Would nolan or barton have put up with Ba mouthing off about getting a central role…they would have told him exactly what thye thought about it.

They were also brave enough to raise these kinds of issues with management…probably why they got shipped out.

• Indian Magpie

Dec 21, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Cisse_the_legend

And a lot is not left to be desired at newcastle?

• cisse_the_legend

Dec 21, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Not much Indian.. Sure we’re going through a rough patch.. one of the worst maybe, but we all believe in NUFC. Im sure u agree that we’re playing some good football..

• Transfer Sage

Dec 21, 2012 at 11:34 AM

I like IPL….its great…but drags on too much and takes too high a priority for too many players.

• Indian Magpie

Dec 21, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Bookies have suspended booking on

Jonas starting tomorrow

• WWYCD

Dec 21, 2012 at 11:38 AM

TS
    Nolan was a good player but hes a great captain but he stood up for his team against the board so he was shipped out, its why Harps has disappeared imo the players committee was dismantled very quickly

• cisse_the_legend

Dec 21, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Uhhhh… Transfer Sage.. Thats EXACTLY why we hate IPL. Bunch of ores they act like! And why is booking on Jonas suspended? 😀 😀 No ways he’s going anywhere..

• Transfer Sage

Dec 21, 2012 at 11:41 AM

cisse

I like it for a bit…its good to have on tv as there isn’t usually much else on that time of day and it fills time….don’t watch it religiously though. I just like to support one of my old team mates who plays in it really.

WWYCD

Agreed….got rid of hoots and the committee and brought in a man who wouldn’t ruffle and feathers (not saying thats the only reason, but sure it played a part)

• WWYCD

Dec 21, 2012 at 11:46 AM

TS
    Yeah Pards is a company man no doubt about that Hoots paid for being more loyal to the team rather than the owner then the committee followed through the exit door. Harps has stuck around though God bless him

• Transfer Sage

Dec 21, 2012 at 11:51 AM

WWYCD

harps is just loyal…he will be here when he is 65 asking for a game…got to love that lad.

• WWYCD

Dec 21, 2012 at 11:54 AM

TS
    If he doesn’t get a coaching job when he hangs up his gloves its a complete joke imo (Id offer Given one as well but make Harps his boss just to be fair)

• Transfer Sage

Dec 21, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Wwycd

Yeh he has to really. It would sum his career up if he was made ok goal keeper coach then given came in a year after and demoted him to number two haha

• WWYCD

Dec 21, 2012 at 12:00 PM

TS
    I would fear for Givens life if that did happen theres only so much Harps can take poor bloke haha

• nick_9

Dec 21, 2012 at 12:00 PM

“I don’t think he likes to put himself out there if he doesn’t feel the results reflect very well”

Does he mean in front of the press or on the pitch? We don’t want a captain who goes into hiding when the going gets tough. We want spirited players on the pitch, for all the trouble Barton was he was an excellent person to rally the troops. Would the 4:4 against arsenal have happened if it wasn’t for him? Who knows

• LargeSadMenace

Dec 21, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Repost regarding Ba/Remy:

How can it possibly be progressive to get rid of a proven goalscorer and replace him with an unproven player like Remy. He may ‘look like’ a good player but Ba has shown he can produce the goods even in a team completely void of creativity. Ba is keeping up with the best PL strikers, and out scoring many more yet his wages are less than half of some of these strikers. If the issue is that we aren’t offering him enough money, which looks the most likely case then I don’t see how we can blame Demba. His attitude is no differrent to any other modern succesful footballer and perhaps he looks at the comparitively poor offer on the table here at NUFC combined with the consistent lack of investment and maybe he feels disheartened at the lack of ambition shown by our owner. This could be the case for many of our underperforming players this season, for one Cabaye has been reported as disappointed with the lack of incoming players in the summer. It must be demoralising for our players to hear the same inconsistent rubbush coming from Pardews mouth as we do with regards to transfers, the rubbish which is a direct result of a lack of clarity from our owner with regards to his intentions with our club.

• danuneek

Dec 21, 2012 at 12:01 PM

I would be happy with both Remy and Debuchy. They would improve the team significantly.

————————Krul————————
    Debuchy—–Taylor——Colo——Santon
    ————-Anita————-Tiote————
    ———————-Cabaye——————–
    —–Benny—————————Remy—-
    ———————–Cisse———————-

• Ian Toon

Dec 21, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Ibiza Was your last post to me maybe autobiographical about one of the fellow bloggers, with only the name changed? You wrote of work issues holding you back so I will excuse your clumsy use of “direct force” and not responding to my last post. I would love to generate healing posts but I don’t always have the time. I am not daft enough to believe I can convert on the road to SJP but often have to cut out the middle man. What I don’t feel the need to reflect upon is my treatment of the Armageddon Alliance a disparate and growing force. Though built on shifting sand just ready to be demolished. Starting with a victory over QPR tomorrow. It’s the mentality of those who vehemently suggest that our whole future is as good as sealed if we don’t go for revolution rather than evolution. You mentioned bringing your real life world to the blog well maybe I haven’t got it all figured out. I am missing out on life’s rich pattern. Dissemblers, social workers, carers, academics, economists, accountants, think tank eggheads( with apologies to any worthies I have omitted) perhaps I haven’t got much to offer. There is good news in there somewhere just struggling to get out past the onslaught of negativism. Well I truly reciprocate your good wishes. May you and all of yours have a truly wonderful Christmas. Let’s hope that it will not be too long before the blog is in unison in the rendition of walking in a Pardew wonderland.
    Synergistically Yours.

• TorqToon

Dec 21, 2012 at 12:07 PM

LSM – Unproven player in Remy???? Howay man he’s not unproven!! Consistently good player and goalscorer. Yes he hasn’t played in the prem before but neither had Yohan Cabaye when he came in to replace Nolan !!!

• sirtoongospel

Dec 21, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Absolutely furious that Pardew has criticised Cisse to the media. He grafts his nuts off on the wing, tries everything to get into positions as well as doing the defensive work. Never moans, is a great TEAM player.

He has scored 4 from September to December. Ba scored 1 when up front, and NONE when played in wide position from February to end of May. All he got was praise from Pardew for “taking oine for the team”.

Cisse does it too, but without the drama, and still manages to look dangerous. He has been an absolute hero these last few weeks. And he remains completely committed to us, although probably not for long if Pardew keeps this up.

It is clear he is terrified of Ba, and he needs to sort it out and start managing our club.

Ba has had preferential treatment all season, will not pass to Cisse, or anyone else, will not commit to the club and he is treated like a King by PArdew.

It boils my pi55 to be honest. I for one will be singing Cisse’s name on Saturday to let him know we still believe in him, even if our tw4t of a manager doesn’t.

Apologies for the rant but it’s bad craic if you ask me.

• nick_9

Dec 21, 2012 at 12:14 PM

LargeSadMenace – agree with all of that, remy isn’t proven in this league not in general. Our league is very fast and physical, if you shy away you will struggle, if you’re prepared to out yourself about you will do ok. Many fans including myself thought Anita looked like he wasn’t up for it at first but could see he had something about him with his technical ability. Ba is proven In our league to score for a team void of any creativity, he would score a hatful if we created chances for him.

• LargeSadMenace

Dec 21, 2012 at 12:16 PM

TorqToon

Exactly my point, unproven in the PL. If you read my post carefully you will understand that this was not an attack on the ability or potential of Remy but rather on the policy of replacing our better players who are already proven with risque potential, cut cheaper alternatives. Nolan replaced by Cabaye is a great example actually, since getting rid of Nolan the goals scored from midfield have all but dried up. I’m not criticising Cabaye here but why not keep our best players and add to them with signings like Cabaye, Remy etc. This is why I question the owners ambition and suspect some of our players do too.

• Transfer Sage

Dec 21, 2012 at 12:20 PM

I’m sick of Ba as well….but blame pardew a lot too.

Naturally a striker will constantly want to play upfront, thats his position after all. If he flat out refuses to play on the wing that is unacceptable but haven’t heard that.

Pardew needed to drop BA from the start and use cisse.

Chelsea have done it with sturridge. They only have sturrudge and torres as forwards. Torres is nowhere near his best but sturridge has been cast aside due to his attitude leaving them with one forward.

Pardew should have done this with Ba and said play where I tell you or not at all.

• Transfer Sage

Dec 21, 2012 at 12:22 PM

largesadmenace

I think cabaye has scored plenty in the handful of games he got playing in his position (same as nolans) just behind a front man.

When we play him he sits too deep with tiote doing defensive duties.

The lack of goals from midfield are a tactical issue for me and not personel.

• LargeSadMenace

Dec 21, 2012 at 12:23 PM

So Ba is the scapegoat now for all our failings this season? ffs he’s the only player scoring goals for us.

• Colo-Sus

Dec 21, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Remy sighted at the airport,

Chronicle has tweeted bettin suspended on him signing,

You lads know me and that Im a realist and I dont usually write stuff like this, but my friend works at the airport in securtiy nd hes sent me a pic of Remy. Its true lads,

hes going to sign

• Transfer Sage

Dec 21, 2012 at 12:29 PM

I never said Ba was the scape goat.

I’m just looking at the football.

Last seaon we played decent football with 442, Ba and Shola up front.

We then played poorly but got results with ba and cisse up top (scored some spectacular goals to get us points).

We played some good stuff when Ba was moved left though in a 433.

No Pardew has given in to Ba’s demands and put him central. which is causing problems with the fluency of the team as he insists on cisse playing as well.

To me this is not Ba’s fault….this is the managers fault. He either needs to drop one of them (cisse on current form) in favour of a proper winger/wide man or he needs to find a formation that suits them both.

Ba is the problem….but Pardew is causing it by not picking the best team.

Ba is going to go though as soon as an offer he wants comes in so maybe we should back cisse, especially if remy comes in, and make BA earn his place back by following orders.

• Transfer Sage

Dec 21, 2012 at 12:30 PM

colo-sus

unless he is off to the mackems…hahahahaha

any way you can tweet the pic so we can see?