The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

News About Newcastle’s Frustrated Captain

11:04 am, Friday, December 21st, 2012 by Ed Harrison · 158 Comments

Alan Pardew has said he isn’t too surprised at the low profile being taken by our captain Fabricio Coloccini recently, and we haven’t heard much at all from The Argentine International during Newcastle’s disastrous run of six defeats in the last seven league games.

fab coloccini tackles steven fletcher

Fab Coloccini - in action against Sunderland

One thing that Alan Pardew is very good at and that is man management, and he seems to understand completely the quietness of Coloccini during the last few disastrous weeks for Newcastle, and the gaffer had this to say in the local press:

“Colo is one of those players for whom not winning does affect him.” “I don’t think he likes to put himself out there if he doesn’t feel the results reflect very well. I understand that. The fact the results stay with him says a lot about the man as a professional.”

“Cheick Tiote and Colo have been disrupted with injury. That does have an impact. They are massively important to us as they are our captain and one of the key midfielders.”

We need to see a cool and collected Coloccini at the back for Newcastle in the next few very tough games for Newcastle, and even if we can get a much needed win tomorrow against QPR, we have games at Old Trafford and the Emirates followed by a tough home game against Everton over the next two weeks – and the Toffees are never an easy team to play at any time.

But we must pick up as many points as possible in these next four games to start to get clear of the bottom three, and a win tomorrow will help start that process.

Howay The Lads!!

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Coaching · Fabricio Coloccini · Newcastle News · Premier League

158 responses so far ↓

• 1 RonVanDam // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Re-post

During this tough times, our captain should stand up and get the players motivated. Collo was in the last team that got relegated and needs to rally up the troops, get that fire we had last season back into the team. I remember when we played MU at old traford last season – Steven Taylor and co we throwing their bodies on the ball. We need to get that s.h.i.t back.

Sorry for the rant guys, im just tired of reading about demba ba

• 2 WWYCD // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Not winning upsets him? Maybe he shouldnt lash out and get himself suspended for 3 games then…just a thought

Love the bloke as a player and he is the only choice for captain atm for me but I do have worries about his captaining ability during the tough times

• 3 Mister Tuff // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Just been checking up on Remy. Recently he appears to have been out crocked -and is coming back to fitness. Prior to his injury problems his strike rate was more or less one goal every two games -so that would be very respectable if he can regain that form.
    If Ba does not get sold in January – I reckon Percy Parsnip can show more robust managerial skills – ie “Demba you are playing on the wing or not at all”.

• 4 Mister Tuff // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:14 AM

I would like to add since the Remy news -spirits do appear to have been lifted.

• 5 Indian Magpie // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:14 AM

TS to answer your question

I stopped caring about Indian cricket a long time ago.

• 6 G // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Back on the topic, can we honestly name any Toon player in recent times that regularly faced the music and came to the press and admitted that we hadn’t been playing well, and didn’t come out with excuses? The only player I can think of in recent years who did this is Warren Barton.

• 7 Transfer Sage // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Indian

Why? corruption/favouritism in selection etc?

• 8 Indian Magpie // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:20 AM

yes all that and NUFC

• 9 TorqToon // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:20 AM

G – another one was Rob Lee. Always faced the press and always have sincere and frank interviews regards the club. Things were very different in those days though.

• 10 cisse_the_legend // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Indian cricket is and always will be money-minded. Especially with IPL coming in. Trust me on the fact that many of us who used to be fans during the dravid/laxman/tendulkar/kumble days are now distraught :\

• 11 Indian Magpie // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:24 AM

I hate IPL with a passion

• 12 G // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:24 AM

TT @ 9. Agreed, very different indeed.

• 13 cisse_the_legend // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Lets just talk about Newcastle for now, Indian cricket…… sigh.. a lot left there to be desired

• 14 Transfer Sage // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:28 AM

I dont mind about what players say in the media…doesn’t concern me.

What annoys me (and this is not colo’s fault, just not in his character) is what he says, or doesn’t say. on the pitch.

We haven’t got a single player in the team who will give somebody a right good rollocking during or after a game if they aren’t performing or are clearly taking the mick.

Would nolan or barton have put up with Ba mouthing off about getting a central role…they would have told him exactly what thye thought about it.

They were also brave enough to raise these kinds of issues with management…probably why they got shipped out.

• 15 Indian Magpie // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Cisse_the_legend

And a lot is not left to be desired at newcastle?

• 16 cisse_the_legend // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Not much Indian.. Sure we’re going through a rough patch.. one of the worst maybe, but we all believe in NUFC. Im sure u agree that we’re playing some good football..

• 17 Transfer Sage // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:34 AM

I like IPL….its great…but drags on too much and takes too high a priority for too many players.

• 18 Indian Magpie // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Bookies have suspended booking on

Jonas starting tomorrow

• 19 WWYCD // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:38 AM

TS
    Nolan was a good player but hes a great captain but he stood up for his team against the board so he was shipped out, its why Harps has disappeared imo the players committee was dismantled very quickly

• 20 cisse_the_legend // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Uhhhh… Transfer Sage.. Thats EXACTLY why we hate IPL. Bunch of ores they act like! And why is booking on Jonas suspended? :D :D No ways he’s going anywhere..

• 21 Transfer Sage // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:41 AM

cisse

I like it for a bit…its good to have on tv as there isn’t usually much else on that time of day and it fills time….don’t watch it religiously though. I just like to support one of my old team mates who plays in it really.

WWYCD

Agreed….got rid of hoots and the committee and brought in a man who wouldn’t ruffle and feathers (not saying thats the only reason, but sure it played a part)

• 22 WWYCD // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:46 AM

TS
    Yeah Pards is a company man no doubt about that Hoots paid for being more loyal to the team rather than the owner then the committee followed through the exit door. Harps has stuck around though God bless him

• 23 Transfer Sage // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:51 AM

WWYCD

harps is just loyal…he will be here when he is 65 asking for a game…got to love that lad.

• 24 WWYCD // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:54 AM

TS
    If he doesn’t get a coaching job when he hangs up his gloves its a complete joke imo (Id offer Given one as well but make Harps his boss just to be fair)

• 25 Transfer Sage // Dec 21, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Wwycd

Yeh he has to really. It would sum his career up if he was made ok goal keeper coach then given came in a year after and demoted him to number two haha

• 26 WWYCD // Dec 21, 2012 at 12:00 PM

TS
    I would fear for Givens life if that did happen theres only so much Harps can take poor bloke haha

• 27 nick_9 // Dec 21, 2012 at 12:00 PM

“I don’t think he likes to put himself out there if he doesn’t feel the results reflect very well”

Does he mean in front of the press or on the pitch? We don’t want a captain who goes into hiding when the going gets tough. We want spirited players on the pitch, for all the trouble Barton was he was an excellent person to rally the troops. Would the 4:4 against arsenal have happened if it wasn’t for him? Who knows

• 28 LargeSadMenace // Dec 21, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Repost regarding Ba/Remy:

How can it possibly be progressive to get rid of a proven goalscorer and replace him with an unproven player like Remy. He may ‘look like’ a good player but Ba has shown he can produce the goods even in a team completely void of creativity. Ba is keeping up with the best PL strikers, and out scoring many more yet his wages are less than half of some of these strikers. If the issue is that we aren’t offering him enough money, which looks the most likely case then I don’t see how we can blame Demba. His attitude is no differrent to any other modern succesful footballer and perhaps he looks at the comparitively poor offer on the table here at NUFC combined with the consistent lack of investment and maybe he feels disheartened at the lack of ambition shown by our owner. This could be the case for many of our underperforming players this season, for one Cabaye has been reported as disappointed with the lack of incoming players in the summer. It must be demoralising for our players to hear the same inconsistent rubbush coming from Pardews mouth as we do with regards to transfers, the rubbish which is a direct result of a lack of clarity from our owner with regards to his intentions with our club.

• 29 danuneek // Dec 21, 2012 at 12:01 PM

I would be happy with both Remy and Debuchy. They would improve the team significantly.

————————Krul————————
    Debuchy—–Taylor——Colo——Santon
    ————-Anita————-Tiote————
    ———————-Cabaye——————–
    —–Benny—————————Remy—-
    ———————–Cisse———————-

• 30 Ian Toon // Dec 21, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Ibiza Was your last post to me maybe autobiographical about one of the fellow bloggers, with only the name changed? You wrote of work issues holding you back so I will excuse your clumsy use of “direct force” and not responding to my last post. I would love to generate healing posts but I don’t always have the time. I am not daft enough to believe I can convert on the road to SJP but often have to cut out the middle man. What I don’t feel the need to reflect upon is my treatment of the Armageddon Alliance a disparate and growing force. Though built on shifting sand just ready to be demolished. Starting with a victory over QPR tomorrow. It’s the mentality of those who vehemently suggest that our whole future is as good as sealed if we don’t go for revolution rather than evolution. You mentioned bringing your real life world to the blog well maybe I haven’t got it all figured out. I am missing out on life’s rich pattern. Dissemblers, social workers, carers, academics, economists, accountants, think tank eggheads( with apologies to any worthies I have omitted) perhaps I haven’t got much to offer. There is good news in there somewhere just struggling to get out past the onslaught of negativism. Well I truly reciprocate your good wishes. May you and all of yours have a truly wonderful Christmas. Let’s hope that it will not be too long before the blog is in unison in the rendition of walking in a Pardew wonderland.
    Synergistically Yours.

• 31 TorqToon // Dec 21, 2012 at 12:07 PM

LSM – Unproven player in Remy???? Howay man he’s not unproven!! Consistently good player and goalscorer. Yes he hasn’t played in the prem before but neither had Yohan Cabaye when he came in to replace Nolan !!!

• 32 sirtoongospel // Dec 21, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Absolutely furious that Pardew has criticised Cisse to the media. He grafts his nuts off on the wing, tries everything to get into positions as well as doing the defensive work. Never moans, is a great TEAM player.

He has scored 4 from September to December. Ba scored 1 when up front, and NONE when played in wide position from February to end of May. All he got was praise from Pardew for “taking oine for the team”.

Cisse does it too, but without the drama, and still manages to look dangerous. He has been an absolute hero these last few weeks. And he remains completely committed to us, although probably not for long if Pardew keeps this up.

It is clear he is terrified of Ba, and he needs to sort it out and start managing our club.

Ba has had preferential treatment all season, will not pass to Cisse, or anyone else, will not commit to the club and he is treated like a King by PArdew.

It boils my pi55 to be honest. I for one will be singing Cisse’s name on Saturday to let him know we still believe in him, even if our tw4t of a manager doesn’t.

Apologies for the rant but it’s bad craic if you ask me.

• 33 nick_9 // Dec 21, 2012 at 12:14 PM

LargeSadMenace – agree with all of that, remy isn’t proven in this league not in general. Our league is very fast and physical, if you shy away you will struggle, if you’re prepared to out yourself about you will do ok. Many fans including myself thought Anita looked like he wasn’t up for it at first but could see he had something about him with his technical ability. Ba is proven In our league to score for a team void of any creativity, he would score a hatful if we created chances for him.

• 34 LargeSadMenace // Dec 21, 2012 at 12:16 PM

TorqToon

Exactly my point, unproven in the PL. If you read my post carefully you will understand that this was not an attack on the ability or potential of Remy but rather on the policy of replacing our better players who are already proven with risque potential, cut cheaper alternatives. Nolan replaced by Cabaye is a great example actually, since getting rid of Nolan the goals scored from midfield have all but dried up. I’m not criticising Cabaye here but why not keep our best players and add to them with signings like Cabaye, Remy etc. This is why I question the owners ambition and suspect some of our players do too.

• 35 Transfer Sage // Dec 21, 2012 at 12:20 PM

I’m sick of Ba as well….but blame pardew a lot too.

Naturally a striker will constantly want to play upfront, thats his position after all. If he flat out refuses to play on the wing that is unacceptable but haven’t heard that.

Pardew needed to drop BA from the start and use cisse.

Chelsea have done it with sturridge. They only have sturrudge and torres as forwards. Torres is nowhere near his best but sturridge has been cast aside due to his attitude leaving them with one forward.

Pardew should have done this with Ba and said play where I tell you or not at all.

• 36 Transfer Sage // Dec 21, 2012 at 12:22 PM

largesadmenace

I think cabaye has scored plenty in the handful of games he got playing in his position (same as nolans) just behind a front man.

When we play him he sits too deep with tiote doing defensive duties.

The lack of goals from midfield are a tactical issue for me and not personel.

• 37 LargeSadMenace // Dec 21, 2012 at 12:23 PM

So Ba is the scapegoat now for all our failings this season? ffs he’s the only player scoring goals for us.

• 38 Colo-Sus // Dec 21, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Remy sighted at the airport,

Chronicle has tweeted bettin suspended on him signing,

You lads know me and that Im a realist and I dont usually write stuff like this, but my friend works at the airport in securtiy nd hes sent me a pic of Remy. Its true lads,

hes going to sign

• 39 Transfer Sage // Dec 21, 2012 at 12:29 PM

I never said Ba was the scape goat.

I’m just looking at the football.

Last seaon we played decent football with 442, Ba and Shola up front.

We then played poorly but got results with ba and cisse up top (scored some spectacular goals to get us points).

We played some good stuff when Ba was moved left though in a 433.

No Pardew has given in to Ba’s demands and put him central. which is causing problems with the fluency of the team as he insists on cisse playing as well.

To me this is not Ba’s fault….this is the managers fault. He either needs to drop one of them (cisse on current form) in favour of a proper winger/wide man or he needs to find a formation that suits them both.

Ba is the problem….but Pardew is causing it by not picking the best team.

Ba is going to go though as soon as an offer he wants comes in so maybe we should back cisse, especially if remy comes in, and make BA earn his place back by following orders.

• 40 Transfer Sage // Dec 21, 2012 at 12:30 PM

colo-sus

unless he is off to the mackems…hahahahaha

any way you can tweet the pic so we can see?

• 41 Colo-Sus // Dec 21, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Ba to arsenal on Skybet is now 1/2

Ba is going boys lets just accept it, he wants out so let him go,

no player is bigger than the black and white shirt….itll be nice to be rid of clauses for good

Remy will balance the side out far better and a front three of

Remy Ciss Hba

looks tasty!

Remy and hba can play either side and alternate

Shrewd imo

• 42 Colo-Sus // Dec 21, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Sage

Im not on twittermate sorry or I would, it looks to be him, he;s making his way towards the doors on it.

• 43 LargeSadMenace // Dec 21, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Rubbish. Cabaye has scored 6 goals for us in total of 49 games. Nolan scored 29 in 85. Tactics may be a factor but I feel that Cabaye’s position is ambiguous. However, my argument is not to put Cabaye down, it’s more about having healthy competition in a squad if we are to truly compete, not replacing players in a revolvin door transfer system

• 44 Transfer Sage // Dec 21, 2012 at 12:34 PM

colo-sus

Exactly…..whether we want him to stay or not the power is all in his hands. He will no doubt leave if he gets the offer he wants.

Thanks for the goals, good luck in the future…viva la Remy!

• 45 Transfer Sage // Dec 21, 2012 at 12:37 PM

LargeSadMenace

how is it rubbish?

nolan played directly behind andy carroll…..the ball was played into the box, carroll would nod it down and nola would score…he got a lot of goals linking up like that.

Cabaye plays a deep midfield role a lot of the time…..in those 6 games we played 433 with cabaye behind cisse he got a number of assists and scored 3 goals.

If nolan played DM he wouldn’t score a fraction of the goals. Also nolan got a lot of his goals for us in the championship as well…so a little biased stats really.

Cabaye is constantly 40/50 yards from goal, nolan was usually 10-25 yards from the goal when he played so much easy to score.

• 46 Colo-Sus // Dec 21, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Sage

fully agree,

Im of the mind-set that you cant get attached to players anymore, they are commodities and as much as we love the likes of Ba, Tiote, Cabaye etc

They are not going to be nufc players for the rest of their careers! they will go at some point, so if players wnat to move let them, there will always be hungry players who want to come to a club like ours and we have the tools to find them.

As long as we have a club to love I’ll be happy, Loyalty in football died years ago.

Lets move on

there will always be a Newcastle United

• 47 LargeSadMenace // Dec 21, 2012 at 12:40 PM

My Ba as Scapegoat comment wasn’t aimed at you Transfer Sage, just a general comment as a lot of people seem to be blaming him. Yours and many others point that Ba has backed Pardew into a corner with his demands to play upfront is still canny tenuous lilke. I don’t have the answer erally except that we have little room for experiment with such a threadbare squad and very little creativity. Maybe Ba and Cisse can be in the same team if we add more pace to the wings and get Cabaye playing in his supposed natural position.

• 48 LargeSadMenace // Dec 21, 2012 at 12:46 PM

I accept your points, and take back the rubbish comment. But really I am deviating from my original point, if we had more options by not simply replacing players like-for-like then we wouldn’t be in this mess. And it unfortunately looks like it could be continuing in this way in january with the ba/remy situation. Yes we may add one or two players per window but we normally lose more numbers than we gain. It’s a ll a question of board level ambition for me and I feel the apparent lack of it is reverberating throughout the football club, down to the players and staff.

• 49 Transfer Sage // Dec 21, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Largesadmenace

I just think their styles do not link. They don’t play together for Senegal and there’s very few games they have player well for us except when Ba was out left.

I think remy signing will give pardew options but I still think he should have taken a harsher stance on this.

I am not sure what’s worse from a managers view though. Giving into player demands or constantly playing 2 forwards hoping that eventually it might click.

Either way if Ashley had invested properly in the summer there’s a good chance we wouldn’t have had this debate as there would be plenty of players to choose from.

• 50 Transfer Sage // Dec 21, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Colo-sus

Yeh spot on. Players are ambitious and why would a few lads from France show loyalty to us when they can move to a bigger team or a higher paid job. Only natural to want what’s best for yourself.

As long as they give 100% when here that’s enough to keep me happy.

Also selling can work, spurs have sold Carrick, berbatov and modric over the last 6 years and are now much stronger for it.

As long as the money is reinvested in first team players it can benefit you.

• 51 LargeSadMenace // Dec 21, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Colo Sus

I think players would be more loyal if we were to show some ambition to compete. Look at other clubs where players are comparitively loyal-Man Utd for example. Again though the real issue is that even if we were to accept that players come and go despite the success or lack of, to truly compete we need to have sufficient squad quality, depth and competition, not one in one out. In recent years we could have easily kept our better players and bought the players we have done without damaging the financial stability of the club.

• 52 Transfer Sage // Dec 21, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Large

Yeh I get your point now.

Selling players who are key is only beneficial when you get enough money to add 2 or 3 quality signings to improve the squad overall.

Nolan being here would have meant him or cabaye could play advanced while one sat deep.

Hopefully Anita and tiote will feature together to allow cabaye up the pitch.

We are about 6 players from a very good squad…6 signings would put us on par with spurs or arsenal I believe

• 53 Rake // Dec 21, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Looks like we are getting closer to the 4-3-3 …

We all know that defence needs strengthening and when we have an attacking rb the balance of the team can play 4-3-3.

Rb – CB – Colo – Santon
    ———-Tiote———-
    —–Cabs——Anita—–
    –Hba—Cisse—-Remy–

• 54 Colo-Sus // Dec 21, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Sage

I see it like this.

If you were in job getting paid good money for a good company and things were good and then another company headhunted you, offered you more money to do the exact same job but more opportunities (champs league etc)

would you be tempted?

Of course you would!

Footballers (although heinously overpaid)

are no different,

The only difference is if you were palying for your hometown club Like Carroll was, this is slighlty different and fans righlty were aggrieved at his choice to leave us for a sideways move!

Teh french/foreign lads have no affinity with newcaslte at all, Ba has no more lyalty to us than he did to Hoffenheim…..why be annoyed at him, we all do the same

unless we palyed for Newcastle, and we might not go about it in the same way, but effectivley, everyone would have their head turned by money…

As long as players give it 100% whil they are here and represent our club proplerly I have no probel, good luck to them and on to the next one

Allez le Remy!!!

• 55 LargeSadMenace // Dec 21, 2012 at 12:54 PM

We agree then that more investment is required to compete, an obvious point I accept but it is a painful truth that we could have countless years of this kind of management of our club, Ashley is in a win-win situation so long as the clun stay in the PL, ambitions for succss are just a bonus to his commercal aspirtions. Sad state of affairs.

• 56 Colo-Sus // Dec 21, 2012 at 12:56 PM

LargeSadmenace

I dont think we have not shown ambition on purpose!

Mistakes have been made for sure, but why cry over spilled milk!

As long as the board learn from it and re-inforce when players leave im fine with it.

We simply dont have the financial clout of the like of Manchester clubd/london clubs or liverpool.

Lets just support the lads on the pitch and help them try and turn things around, which btw i think theyll do no problem, moaning and twisting about Ashley isnt going to change or alter anything

HWTL

• 57 Transfer Sage // Dec 21, 2012 at 12:58 PM

colo-sus

exactly….players want what is best for them…its a balance between success and money

some swing further in favour of money…others prefer success….but there is a balance for all players and we dont offer a lot of either of those things.

largemenace

I’d love us to have more ambition but man utd pay rooney 250,000 a week and win regular trophies to keep him and then attract players like RVP

We can’t afford that much or offer trophies…so it’s difficult to compete.

Spurs and arsenal should be our target…both reported to have wage caps around 70-100k a week..and they dont win much but push for champs league.

Think thats the best we could hope for…i’m happy building to that over the next 5 years or however long it takes…as long as we show progress.

• 58 Colo-Sus // Dec 21, 2012 at 12:58 PM

ERDINC Spotted in Malmaison reception, he’s finally found his way out of that locked room!!!

Sign him up ;)

• 59 Colo-Sus // Dec 21, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Sage:

You are spot on mate, nice to hear somebody else talking sense,,,,wheres that dratted Ibiza when you need some toungue in cheek comments!

• 60 LargeSadMenace // Dec 21, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Transfer @ 52

Absolutely. why not offer realistic competitive contracts to those who deserve them, get rid of the dead wood to reduce the wage bill and as you say bring in 6 quality players using Carr’s magic touch for great budget buys to reduce expenditure? It seems really simple to me and could cost MA next to nothing and in fact work to the benefit of his financial aspirations given the mega bucks paid out for 6th place and above next season. Short term investment is desperately needed, but from past experience I have absolutely no faith whatsoever that Ashley will do the right thing.

• 61 sirtoongospel // Dec 21, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Ba is a selfish humn being, he has proved it for years now. But he is entitled to look afetr himself at the same time, so fair play to him.

I have made it clear that my issue is with Pardew being sackless. he told Ba pre-season that he woulkd be central 90% of the time, even though everyone knew that it would make our football less fluent.

Giving someone the number 9, watching him fire us to a great finish, and score some crackers in the process, surely should be a pointer that you are on to something good?

He was close to building a great team. But he has taken backward steps in his own doing.

• 62 Tsunki // Dec 21, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Enough french speakers for us to be Arsenal.

I see the Ba situation this way – Ba was brought in to fill a space until we bought a number 9. Ba was reckoned to be on his way by that time, but surprisingly offers were slow in coming. Now his knee seems reliable and his form has been consistent, clubs are willing to take a risk, it was always going to happen, NUFC and Ba knew it from the off.

I think Cisse will come back into his game with a strike partner like remy.

• 63 nick_9 // Dec 21, 2012 at 1:04 PM

We’re only as ambitious as the accounts allow, we know what players we needed in the summer yet the club chose not to sign them and save a few million quid in the process, that decision was based solely on finances. We arent competing with the likes of Chelsea and Man U for big names signings, a few 3-4 million pound players could have done a better job for us than the cover players we have now. The owner may say he is ambitious but his plan are long term no short term. It looks like we have missed out on a real opportunity to bridge the gap by my reckoning. I guess time will tell if we correct it but letting your best players leave for pittance isn’t the right way to go about it. If the release clause was 15 million then maybe it would be a good deal, 3.5 million for one of the leagues leader scorers is bad business as was Enrique leaving for next to nothing. Signing remy for 10 million and allowing Ba to leave for the 7.5 and us coming away with half Is very bad, remy hasn’t played in this league whereas Ba is proven in it. It’s also a unnecasiry 6-7 million outlay on an area that isn’t necessary, we need defenders in first and foremost, not a first team striker when we struggle to accommodate the two we have. If we go on to sign the two defenders as well then fair enough, another gamble in my opinion

• 64 obatoyou // Dec 21, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Btw why did we let Nolan go? Maybe Sam offered him extra pudding after tea

• 65 Colo-Sus // Dec 21, 2012 at 1:10 PM

In other news

The Mayans were wrong

• 66 Transfer Sage // Dec 21, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Well no matter how much we pay Ba, even the 90k he wants somebody will eventually offer him more and he will want that.

we simply can’t pay the wages of the top clubs

• 67 stuart no9 // Dec 21, 2012 at 1:13 PM

LARGE from previous post, – i know exactly where your coming from with your comments about ba – and i would maybe agree with you to a point , however , its not working- something has to change , ba is scoring goals , but we are playing crap- take ba out of the equation , could we play better football? then from that , could we create more chances for EVERYONE to get on the score sheet. at present we have the lowest number of scorers in one team in the prem. we need to correct that if we have a chance of staying up. losing ba would not mean fewer goals IMO it would just mean the goals get distributed a bit more evenly. that is OMO . we cant go on like it is , something has to change and i think losing ba is not the end of the world.

• 68 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Dec 21, 2012 at 1:13 PM

toonarmydownsouth
    reply to previous article
    BBC Radio Newcastle Total Sport Pardew was speaking to Mick Lowes – matchday comentator
    As I said previous blog last night Pardew said he hoped to bring in 3 players and said that a player (forward) had to come in before a player (Ba) left .
    And a journo from a top French sports paper was being interviwed the night before about French players on the move and commented that the President of Marseille was in England

• 69 LargeSadMenace // Dec 21, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Colo-Sus

I dunno like, we haven’t reach 21:12pm yet!

• 70 Magpies-till-d3ath // Dec 21, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Guys, Am I correct in thinking that Gutierrez needs 1 more booking to get suspended?

• 71 LargeSadMenace // Dec 21, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Stuart

Losing Ba is a big risk IMO. Why not add more creativity to the team instead and keep him? This is my point, sign Remy, add creativity to the team, more options means more flexibility to instill some creativity to the team, Pardew’s tactics are questionable but equally he is limited in terms of trying new systems, it looks like round holes square pegs sometimes.

• 72 LargeSadMenace // Dec 21, 2012 at 1:28 PM

we can’t match the wages of the big spenders but the summer provided an ideal opportunity to consolidate on a suprise 5th place last season (without spending mega bucks on transfers or wages) and keep up with the realistic and achievable target of challenging for fourth with spurs, arsenal and everton. I believe that players who aren’t satisfied with their wages are less likely to have their heads turned if we are competing for fourth and even if they are then at least we maintain the prestige of true ambition at the right end of the table which means decent replacements are easier to attract to the club.

• 73 catchy in norway // Dec 21, 2012 at 1:32 PM

it all sounds like a shambles right now,

pardew is sending out mixed signals all the time, no punishment for ba, yet he is out the door,

i have no idea why getting remy has just became priority no1, when for more than a year now we have needed cover in CB position, our RB will be gone in the summer if not sooner,

they new about ba in the summer too, why is it all getting left to this transfer window

as your all well aware , i do not pardew, but this is not his department,
    llambass should be dealing with contracts, if there not wanted or wont sign a new deal get them out,

we have the fat deaf dumb and blind leading this club right now

fash = ash
    dumb = colo(wont speak)
    deaf = lambass, just wont listen to what we / pardew needs
    blind = pardew

• 74 catchy in norway // Dec 21, 2012 at 1:37 PM

stuart no9

my concern has been where the goals come from too, they have maily been from 3 players
    HBA injured
    BA is in his way,
    cisse,
    we know these 3 can do it

not to sure about remmy, good player, but he needs to prove he can do it, and do it with a defensive manager

• 75 Transfer Sage // Dec 21, 2012 at 1:37 PM

large

we can try to keep Ba but the wages he wants are too much above the structure…he wants 90k so not going ot get them

I don’t wish him away but I accept he will probably be off as he will get those wages elsewhere.

• 76 Colo-Sus // Dec 21, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Catchy

Sorry mate but please will you wind your neck in with your negative drivel.

Just support your team and stop whining,

you used to post constructive accurate info,

I appreciate you are not Pardews biggest fan but the guy wants to succeed why wouldnt he!

We just need a couple of wins man its not the end of the world is it!

Or is it ……….Ask the mayans Im confused

• 77 Spreadthetoon // Dec 21, 2012 at 1:50 PM

sirtoongospel

Completely agree, Cisse gets on with his job, does his best and does not complain. NUFC are like the Demba Ba show, the blokes conceited. He don’t give a stuff for the club otherwise he would have reached a compromise with the club and got rid of this ridiculous clause which the dumb fcuk DL agreed to! It’s all about Demba Ba and that’s not healthy for the club, the players or the fans. Play Cisse in the middle and let Ba play out wide, he’s not staying and I think Cisse is an out and out better striker. Ba be gone! AP you owe Cisse an apology, you don’t play the player to his strengths, or the team for that matter…..don’t blame the players for your faults!!FFS

• 78 Magpies-till-d3ath // Dec 21, 2012 at 1:51 PM

I just had the best sh*t in my life! :D

• 79 Toon1978 // Dec 21, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Colo-Sus

Lol, Mayan’s are not wrong at all. They never predicted the end of the world, Hollywood did. The Mayans say it’s the end of the age of Pisces and we enter into the age of Aquarious today. That is all hahahahaha. Anyway, anyone heard anymore on Remy?

• 80 Ketsbaia9 // Dec 21, 2012 at 1:57 PM

We need to keep Ba and sign Remy. We can afford to lose Tiote if we sign Sissoko and Diame. We also need to sign Boudebouz, Debuchy and Toby A.

• 81 Spreadthetoon // Dec 21, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Kets
    What’s your understanding of 2-3 players…..oh yeah 6! Don’t get me wrong think your ambition is great just not matched by MA/DL.

• 82 nick_9 // Dec 21, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Why should Ba remove the clause? I bet we have a similar clause if his knee goes. Any of you would do the same in his position if you put aside that your a fan. He is worth 80k a week judging by the last two seasons he has had, this clause in his contract helps him ensure he gets his worth. Like I said he is 27 with a bad knee so he could be forced to retire in a few months or in a few years. If Ba wasn’t banging the goals in amongst the best of them then he wouldn’t want a wage to match and that’s why the clause is a concern because Ba is on top form. We pay Xisco 60 a week for zilch contribution and paid smith 60k last season. Ba is looking after himself as we would but when you couple that with a greedy agent it gets complicated.

Judging from the remy reports and words from Pardew it appears like we are signing remy so we can offload a player. I’ll support Ba whilst he is here and does his all for us, he isn’t the one talking about the clause every week that’s Pardew.

See wingers stance on Walcott

• 83 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Dec 21, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Interesting posting on Evening Chronicle Web site
    TRANSFER talk around Loic Remy joining Newcastle United has reached boiling point, after Sky Bet suspended all betting on him joining the club in January.

Sky Bet have also adjusted their odds on Demba Ba leaving United to join Premier League rivals Arsenal, to 1/2.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/12/21/betting-suspended-on-nufc-transfer-target-loic-remy-72703-32473595/?#ixzz2FhAUebWn

• 84 stuart no9 // Dec 21, 2012 at 2:13 PM

large – your right we need more creativity. i said in an earlier post , we need to be a lot more open , meaning keep the ball on the ground , spray the ball all over the pitch, that means using cabaye and bennie to their max when they return. we have the skill, i just feel BA is suffocating us a bit and limiting our options in producing nice slick passing football( which also needs addressing ) as long as ba is here pards will always be 1 dimensional in his style of attacking play.

• 85 Gleese // Dec 21, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Has anyone seen this http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fabricio-coloccini-to-san-lorenzo-argentine-1500253

reckon its probably a no goer but wouldnt be good

• 86 magpie rangers // Dec 21, 2012 at 2:26 PM

To the sign remy and let demba go brigade!

Is Remy a proven premier league scorer? NO
    Is BA? YES, if Ba leaves and on body scores the goals we need to get us out of this hole we’re going down with the Reading!!

• 87 Spreadthetoon // Dec 21, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Nick 9

Asked if Walcott was worth a £100,000-a-week salary, he said(Wenger): “I never see football like that, you never fix yourself a limit on financial restrictions or not. At the end of the day, can you pay what the players want and does it fit with your wage structure?

The wage demand by Ba and his agents does not fit our wage structure. So if that is the case then he should go IMO. No one player is bigger than the club or should be allowed to upset / unsettle the club. Think Dyer/Bellamy etc. Different situation as Ba is the ultimate professional on the field but the antics of his contract are not benefiting anyone. The lads done great but if he don’t wanna stay then just go I do not want to hear this every transfer window. Besides which you cannot build a team without foundations and a settled team.

• 88 catchy in norway // Dec 21, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Colo-Sus

always support the team, regardless

will never stop asking for pardew to leave or get pushed, hate the direction he has taken the club, (football wise)

you talk about me being negative, but i think im being positive, negative is the football we watch,

you say pardew wants to win , why wouldnt he,, well maybe you should ask him that question, cos i think he does not want to lose, the difference is he settles for a point hoping the nick a win,

the players we have in our squad, we should be crushing some teams,

how is it negative asking for them to sort out the defence bofore they buy a forward?

they had 8 players for every position,, why is it taking more than a year for them to get one in??

• 89 Colo-Sus // Dec 21, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Magpie Ranger

Id for gotten about ”On Body” he’s that vietnamese lad we signed isnt he?

On a serious note, why keep Ba if he wants to leave? If he wants to stay he can Simple….

• 90 Ketsbaia9 // Dec 21, 2012 at 2:36 PM

We should be looking at keeping Ba and signing Remy and Benteke. We’d have the best strikeforce in the league. Forget about the defense, this team would work:

Krul

Santon Coloccini Anita

Tiote

Ben Arfa Marveaux

Cisse Ba Benteke Remy

• 91 Ian Toon // Dec 21, 2012 at 2:37 PM

I agree with Nick! Ba owes us absolutely nothing. He has been fully committed to the club and we owe him a debt of gratitude for the goals
    he has scored often with little tangible support. He is not an instinctive goalscorer in the manner of Cisse but is prepared to toil away for the cause Ba has not been greedy on the field any more than most prolific goal scorers. Given the reported diagnosis of his knee he cannot be blamed for seeking to secure his long term future. Personally, I would offer him a contract to mirror Coloccini’s. We cannot afford to lose good players irrespective of whom we bring in.

• 92 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 21, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Large/nick 9
    Have to say completly agree about ba and think it would be a massive massive loss if we let him go, remy i dont think should have much influence on the signing seeing as he seems to being bought in to play LW, whats wrong with having 3 top CF’s?
    I think the reaction to ba is harsh to say the least and the club has a done as much to stoke the media fire as ba has
    Was this kind of reaction when benny said he’d listen to an offer from a top CL team? No so why ba?

Tsunki
    But the club offered ba the number 9 shirt?

Charlie
    Cheers missed the interview and cant find it anywhere!

CATCHY
    Jeez will ya chill out for one day lad ffs!
    And now colo has made your list along with
    Ash
    Lamears3
    Pards
    Jonas
    Perchinio
    Obertan
    Why exactly do support the toon? Cos you seem to hate everything about them like

• 93 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 21, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Magpie ranger
    But remy is a proven goal scorer just because its not in this league doesn’t mean he’s not a proven goal scorer

• 94 Colo-Sus // Dec 21, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Catchy

Who would you rather have in…..Pardew was manager of the year last season, Highest finish in the league since sir bobby.

Its down to the board for not signing enough senior players in the summer. Granted the football hasnt been the highest quality this season, but the signs of life are coming back.

Pardew is rated by the likes of Fergie as a good manager, he clearly loves the club and is trying to turn it around.

Sacking him would do only one thing…..Create an unstable club again, the squad would be changed more dratically and we’d go into a potentially dangerous period of transition. At times last season we played some scintilating stuff in the 433 that evryone creams in their calvins about.

The slump we are in is not Pardew’s fault, its down to injuries to key men at awful times, suspensions and the added games in Europe.

if another manager came in the board would deal in the exact same way…..We might aswel stick with a guy the players clearly like, we has the drive to take us forward and the tactical nouse.

I firmly believe that the poor form and confidence has led to us playing more long balls in games out of desperation to get back on terms…..

If you want to get tactical…the main reason I feel for our poor form is our seeming inability to come out of the blocks fast..

Teams always start fast against us as they know we start slowly and lately we have been punished for it..

Pardew knwo this and the games when the players have come out with a different approach we have either won or played better (Sunderland, Man City, Wigan, Stoke)

Just my view

• 95 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 21, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Buenos tardes amigos!

News in from the future (+1 hours) – No signs of impending doom.

I feel I may regret spending all of my life savings last night on a big final blow out…there’s €7.82 I’ll never get back.

• 96 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Dec 21, 2012 at 3:00 PM

toonarmydownsouth
    Just listened to the interview again
    BBC Radio Newcastle Total Sport
    1hr/12/00 mins in

hope this helps

• 97 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 21, 2012 at 3:07 PM

Ian….I don’t believe so mate, but i’d have to look back at what I actually said :)

Direct force was a clumsy way of putting it. I’ve been on here a little while now and have managed to upset a few along the way, although this was never the intention, as I would not have considered my optimistic ways to have been that threatening really. However, time has passed and on reflection I can see that it was relentless and whilst I’d listen to others opinions, the overall positive mood was force fed to people….to some extent. I just take a more relaxed approach to it now, say what I have to say, but battles on here (so to speak) rarely amount to anything other than name calling – which we’re all above. I suppose what I’m saying is by that approach all I really achieved was people to go “oh look, more of that cr*p….next”, much like your catchys recently. As for you, you’re not missing anything, you’re a switched on guy who clearly knows what he feels and whom I would back regarding Newcastle matters all day long.

Synergistically, Ibizatoon (still makes me smile).

Anyway, back to important matters. QPR, you’re going back down!

• 98 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 21, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Colo…I feel like I’ve read views like that somewhere before :)

• 99 Magpies-till-d3ath // Dec 21, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Oh Sh*t!!!! http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/184835.html :(

• 100 gonufc (up and Hatem) // Dec 21, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Would be typical if we sign ‘William Remy’ rather than Loic. Then re-sign Shefki Kuqi…..

• 101 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 21, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Magpies….Don’t read too much in to it either way, just leads to pain….

• 102 Rotonda heights // Dec 21, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Colo-sus

Don’t necessarily agree. Sometimes when a team is really struggling as we are, a new face coming in can get the place going again. Do you not think all our French brigade for example would not be better off playing for a Laurent Blanc or similar.

Yes pards has a couple of injuries like all teams but from day 1 of this nearly half way through season gone he has persisited with Cisse and ba in a hoofball 442, except the last 3/4 games where we have actually looked better, but has still played Cisse as a right winger and not used Marveaux.

Great managers have a plan A, B, C and D. I don’t think pards knows a plan B. That’s what worries me long term after an initial heady burst last season.

Hey if we get M’Biwa, Remy and a RB and play 433 or 4231 or 343 for the rest of the season, all would be forgiven. If we continue our worst PL run ever v QPR nothing will happen but maybe it should.
    then

• 103 Slater // Dec 21, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Are the rumours true of Loic Remy being spotted in Newcastle Airport?

• 104 Rotonda heights // Dec 21, 2012 at 3:23 PM

TADS

Why do people automatically assume that if you don’t like the manager, you can’t be a real fan. They’re not mutually exclusive!

I would suggest catchy is very passionate and would just like a good footballing manager in charge of the club he loves.

• 105 Indian Magpie // Dec 21, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Rotonda

Me 2,

Although i am not saying pardew out as vehemently

• 106 Tsunki // Dec 21, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Tads @92 – but he declined it for his own magic 19 whatever it means. For me I would say that cleared up Ba’s intent as he never saw himself as a long-term newcastle talisman. I don’t blame him and I feel that we should just accept that he was passing through and he will get a cup of tea any time he visits.

I like the nugget about Remy not being ‘proven in the PL’ or such. Can’t remember anyone whining about Cabaye, Anita, Tiote, Cisse ……… And btw Ba’s knee wasn’t proven when we signed him, ask Tony.

• 107 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 21, 2012 at 3:33 PM

• 108 wreker16 // Dec 21, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Just a note on the Laurent blanc idea, didn’t he and hatem have a bust up???

• 109 Indian Magpie // Dec 21, 2012 at 3:37 PM

IBIZA

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• 110 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 21, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Indian….It’s Sammy :) Or is that as bad for you?

• 111 Indian Magpie // Dec 21, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Ibiza

I Know, he is not good at this moment

• 112 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 21, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Tsunki
    True enough who knows maybe the club shop ran out of strawberry syrup!!!
    Yeah cant understand the theory of if you haven’t played in the PL your unproven wonder if the same would be said if we signed pirlo ;)

Rotonda
    It doesn’t mean that at all but its not just pardew he hates its the whole management team, the board, half the squad or any of our football sine sir bobby

• 113 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 21, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Indian….He’s certainly not there yet. He either needs games and time with us or to go out on loan. He’s at a crucial time in his development.

• 114 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 21, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Wrecker
    Several during his days in ligue1 and then another at the euro’s

• 115 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 21, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Just listened to the talksport interview with Pardew, what’s everyone’s thoughts?

Seems pretty genuine to me. He clearly wants more but doesn’t want to say what he can’t control.

• 116 Indian Magpie // Dec 21, 2012 at 3:44 PM

ibiza

loan only, no first team games at Nufc please not in PL atleasr

• 117 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 21, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Indian….In an ideal world it would be better. Let’s see who we get in first before we wish players away on loan though.

• 118 toonLYF // Dec 21, 2012 at 4:09 PM

tomorrow…

———————Krul——————–

Simpson–Williamson-Coloccini–Santon

——————–Tiote——————–

————-Anita——–Jonas————-

Marveaux———Cisse————–Ba—

It’s really important we don’t concede tomorrow, so Pardew should ensure Simpson and Santon don’t find themselves missing the QPR half, and only allow Santon to get forward when Jonas is in an adequate position to cover him. (Dont allow Simpson forward at all).

Jonas has taken a bashing recently, but i read Perch is fighting to be fit, so we’re probably best off starting with the fully fit Jonas.

QPR will probably go 4-5-1 and depend on Taarabt and that big lad Diakite to counter attack with speed, which is the reason why it’s so important to maintain a solid and perfectly alligned backline in this one.

Whatever happened to Hoilett? Not heard of him since he went to QPR, injured?

• 119 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 21, 2012 at 4:18 PM

LYF…..Nice line up. As a team QPR aren’t that dangerous, so you’re spot on, watch their few key players and keep our back line together and it should be fine.

No idea on Hoilett, has gone really quiet.

• 120 toonLYF // Dec 21, 2012 at 4:24 PM

it’s a shame, because he was gunning towards the end of last season for a team that finished 19th!

He scored that outstanding 30 yard curling effort from near the byline against Norwich that week we beat Stoke 3-0 if i remember correctly, and was looking like he’d take that form into his new team.

Maybe a season in the championship would’ve been good for him to really solidify his status as a top talent, and perhaps attract a bigger team than QPR as a result.

Nevermind.

(would be a good replacement for Marv or Obertan though if we do part-ex one/both of them)

• 121 BelfastMagpie // Dec 21, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Bad news for you all.

I’ve just backed us to win tomorrow. So we probably wont.

Newcastle
    Southampton
    Millwall

£ 10 treble.

• 122 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 21, 2012 at 4:29 PM

LYF….Seem to remember reading about him having a bad attitude and took his signing at QPR as a sign he’s really motivated by money that anything else. Shame, as he is a talented lad.

• 123 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 21, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Belfast….That’s the spirit!

• 124 Peter // Dec 21, 2012 at 4:30 PM

In:
    Remy
    Debuchy
    Douglas
    Out:
    Ba
    Simpson
    Heard it here first kida looking forward to a Toon transfer market :o of course lambarse,hole will make sure he shows horrible he really can be

• 125 BelfastMagpie // Dec 21, 2012 at 4:35 PM

I very rarely back us like, even last year lol

We need 3 points tomorrow end of story…

• 126 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 21, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Belfast….I’m thinking you’ll be happy on two counts come tomorrow evening…well that is unless Southampton and Millwall blow it for ya.

The lads will be up for it tomorrow, well they best be.

• 127 t00ntime // Dec 21, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Damn according to journalists on twitter, remy fee hasnt been agreed. So far nufc have only shown intrest and marseille arent keen on selling. So prepare for another debuchy type saga, where in the end we will miss out by a few mil and wont bring in another striker :S

• 128 catchy in norway // Dec 21, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Tds

How does it make me a bad supporter because I want better for it

I don’t slag off most of the players

I don’t think some are good enough, obertan Simpson Williamson and perch , these are not the future for this club, and I would rather play kids than them

As for Pardew , JFK had a good squad and made a bad start, fans where screaming for him to go, why is Pardew any different?
    Do you think because ferguson says he is good , ooo then he must be,

George burly, was he the guy in charge of Ipswich ? Well he won manager o the season with Ipswich , relegated the season after, how could this happen? All the managers said he was good?

Fact is, he ha a lucky season, for the most part the football was very poor , 1-0 sit back and defend

Not good enough

• 129 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 21, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Catchy…..Not jumping in to the debate, as we’ve covered a lot of it already. But it isn’t fact that last season was luck, it’s an opinion. There were elements of luck, that’s a given, but the way you say it implies that’s all it was.

Also, JFK had a bad start, Pardew is having a bad run. Pardew is different as we have seen him provide better, whereas there were no signs of that with good ole JFK.

• 130 MacToon // Dec 21, 2012 at 4:52 PM

We certainly need the 3 points tomorrow no question about it.

If we don’t I think it will put a huge ? over Pardew. You’ll never see me calling for the manager’s head or players to go (except Smith!) but there’ll be serious doubts in my mind if we don’t manage to beat QPR.

I’ve seen improvements recently and hope we get the 3 points and that will give us a little breathing space to freshen the squad in January. Remy seems like a good purchase if the news is true but I also hope we bring some experienced defender/s too, that’s long, long overdue.

• 131 MacToon // Dec 21, 2012 at 4:56 PM

*I’d change “never” for “not often” if given a chance!

• 132 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 21, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Catchy
    Wanting for better doesnt make a bad a supporter
    But you do nothing but slag off the entire club from board to players, you might not like the manager, you might not like a few players which apparantly includes colo now on the ever increasining list, but the fact is they are NUFC simple as, you might not think these players are the future but there still our players, you may hate the manager, he’s still are manager
    Never have you posted anything remoteley positive or supportive for that matter, if we lose its pardews fault for tactics and playing jonas and possibly bringing on gabby, if we draw its pardews fault for tactics and playing jonad and possibly bringing on perch, if win its a lucky result and pardew got lucky because he played jonas and bought on bigi!
    Im mean ffs man never ever seen you come and say great result after a win its straight in to the same repetitive boring speil every game!

But i never said you were a bad supporter, i have my opinion on that but didn’t say it, i simply asked why you actually spend so much time and effort following a team when you seem to dislike nearly everything about them?

• 133 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 21, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Mactoon
    Lol poor old smithy was such damaged goods although 60k in your back pocket each week must cushion the blow like!

• 134 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 21, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Mactoon…There is always a chance.

Hoping for the points tomorrow and a continued improvement on effort and performance. HWTL.

• 135 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 21, 2012 at 5:06 PM

• 136 euanpolo // Dec 21, 2012 at 5:12 PM

My team for tomorrow:

Krul

Simpson – Williamson – Coloccini – Santon

Tiote
    Anita – Perch
    Marveaux

Cisse – Ba

• 137 Indian Magpie // Dec 21, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Ibiza from that link @135

“Mike openly would say that in the summer, we should have bought another player, he would actually argue that himself.”

Percy parsnip at his best

• 138 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 21, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Indian….Meaning covering for Ashley?

• 139 NUFC FOR SALE // Dec 21, 2012 at 5:21 PM

my team for tomorrow

Krul
    Simpson Perch Colo Santon
    Tiote Bigi
    Anita
    Marvaeux Ba
    Cisse

• 140 nick_9 // Dec 21, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Ibiza – that article from Pardew is a much better response as a fan. We all want three players minimum so him saying one or two leaves you asking questions. Three senior players (not kids!) in the correct positions could really get our season back on track. I often look at the starting eleven and see a few players I am unhappy with and then look at the bench and don’t see any game changers. Three players would help us out massively and Give everyone a lift, if we lose three top players and sign three players then for me it’s not so successful. We need to add to the quality players we already have and lose some deadwood. Even though Pardew questions whether we can do it financially he shows some ambition asking for three, I hope he does mean it and tries all he can. We’re owed a couple of players from summer already

• 141 Indian Magpie // Dec 21, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Like last year he said ” Ashley told him when are getting your CB”

12 months on we still yearn.

• 142 MacToon // Dec 21, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Tads, aye poor Smithy lol, if he were on £25-30K I’d have not said a word but as one of our higher earners and let’s be honest, he was shite for us, part of a good season in the championship but even then…..
    I do tend to remain quite optimistic with the team and manager, alot more than most on here, so I think we’ll be up for it, a full house in support, 3-1 but would prefer the 3-0 and clean sheet but somehow don’t think that’ll happen.

• 143 catchy in norway // Dec 21, 2012 at 5:27 PM

I like colo , I think he could walk into every team in the prem

• 144 Blaydon-Toon // Dec 21, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Well my quest to go to game tomoz has failed so its official the lucky mascot will not be in attendance at SJP tomoz …

• 145 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 21, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Mactoon
    Aye can see cisse scoring for them but reckon we’ll put 3 past them dont reckon they will be able to deal with ba or cisse they have a sh1te back 4!!

• 146 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 21, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Nick….From a fans viewpoint I don’t think we can ask too much more regarding Pardew and transfers. Truth is, this is what many felt he wanted, even without him saying it – it was clear as day he wants more players, but has been playing the balancing act – not too successfully obviously :)

2-3 in without any going out for me. Ba does look likely to go, so it should be 3-4 players. Ideally we’d get more, but small steps and all that. 2-3 key players wont all hit the ground running, but it will give Pardew options and light some fires under some under performing players. Let’s see aye.

Indian…Pardew can only say what he wants or what he’s told. Nothing more, nothing less. Personally I think it shows great character talking Ashley up. All Pardew is trying to do is get everyone pulling in the right direction, like any good manager should. Be as p*ss*d as you like with Ashley and Llambias for lack of incoming players, notably the goal scoring CB, but Pardew? I think he does what he can.

• 147 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 21, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Indian/Catchy

Honestly, reading your posts would give me a head-ache if I wasn’t of the mindset that you are both ludicrous individuals.

I’ll believe that Remy is in the club when he signs on the dotted line and is paraded at SJP, not a second sooner.

On tomorrow, we need 3 points for sure, don’t want to fathom the possibility of defeat as it would mean that we are in deep trouble.

I would love it if we demonstrated that we are in fact Newcastle UNITED, but that would mean getting the “Pardew Out” brigade to put down their pitchforks…never going to happen I fear.

• 148 MacToon // Dec 21, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Last thing I want to see is us go 1-0 ahead and then defend the lead for the rest of the match – unless ofcourse we score in the 80th minute or something like that!

• 149 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 21, 2012 at 5:35 PM

I think tomorrow will bring change with some bad omens that have been following us for a while.

We will go behind, but then get back and win the game.

We’ll score from a set piece.

One of the following will score…Willo, Guti or Santon.

There you have it :)

Blaydon…Poor show :)

• 150 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 21, 2012 at 5:36 PM

MacToon

At this rate I am up for anything that gets us the 3 points, while I’d like us to do it with a certain style to get the fans encouraged, that we are actually trying to play football but lets get the points and worry about the manner of which later.

Really is a must win isn’t it?

• 151 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 21, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Catchy
    You like him but call him dumb?
    Okay…..

Ibiza
    After reading this and listening to that radio interview that charlie posted its so painfully obvious that he wants to get the signings he wanted in the summer
    For people to blame him on transfers is just stupid what is he supposed to do call wonga and buy them himself??

• 152 Indian Magpie // Dec 21, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Ibiza

You say its gr8 character to talk ashley up. i think he is puckering up

• 153 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 21, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Tads….I like it. “Hey Pardew, if you want them so bad and care so much, you buy them” :)

I do think that with our really poor run fans are way too quick to jump on anything he says. At this minute he really can’t win with the general public, best get back to winning on the field then as it’s the only way I see him being able to get his head above water at this moment in time.

• 154 MacToon // Dec 21, 2012 at 5:39 PM

It is a must win Ruddy, think we’re all 100% tomorrow and getting the win or atleast I’d hope it’s that much.

Not chosing my words well today, maybe not the last thing I’d want to see as I’d be happy with a 1-0 and 3 safe points ;-)

• 155 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 21, 2012 at 5:42 PM

MacToon

I know you want 3 points as much as the next NUFC fan, but it would be nice if we could play some good football, lift the fans going into two tough away games against Man U and Arsenal.

But we can’t think any further than Saturday and securing 3 points! (a nice 3-0 would go down a treat)

• 156 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 21, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Indian…There is an element of puckering up, for sure. Do you think he’d be better to not mention him it all or criticise him?

The reference to good character was him trying to get everyone pulling in the right direction. If it takes kissing the fat mans rear in public then good man and thank you.

Then there is of course the crazy idea that Mike has said he’s realised they screwed up in the summer. Madness, I’m sure.

• 157 Tsunki // Dec 21, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Blaydon – we feel your pain. And we are going to win as well.

3-0 I tell you!

I have long since tired of catchy’s crusade it is completely bereft of any optimistic outlook on any aspect of NUFC. Fine – Pardew out, sack the coaching staff, buy out Ashley I get it I really really get it. In windy weather there used to be this awful moaning rattle just outside the bedroom window. Took me 2 years before I found the cause was a loose rainwater downpipe bracket. Catchy is a loose downpipe.

• 158 ONLINE GUY // Dec 21, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Does anyone have the notion that the ref Howard Webb has some hidden agenda as regards League placings ..?

Stoke city have had him officiating about 14 of their games ..I don’t think they have lost one of them ..when Webb is in the middle. usually this is an advantage to Man U.. as Stoke might be taking the scalp of a contender that might be a threat to Man U..

He seems to dictate a lot of results against club’s who might be up and coming against Man U.. Sendings off etc. There is some strange Stuff going on when Webb is at large in a game

Any particular game always seems to be about
    Howard Webb

If you study him YOU will be Shocked .. Check out a
    U tube compilation When he reffed this seasons game Newcastle United V Man U

How Van Persie got away with the elbow in Cab’s face after looking around to see if the ref was watching ..!then caught on camera …did you notice match of the day would not show any close ups ? that was down to pandering to Ferguson.. , they are scared he wont speak to them for another 10 years..

One particular bad tackle from Van persie was also waved on ..Shocking, Webb the cheat …

I can show everyone the cheating video evidence.

After Webb reviewed the video evidence ..(supposedly)
    on the Monday after the Man U game, and said no case to answer as regards Van Persie on Cabaye .. Well that should of proved to the nation that
    Webb is a total CHEAT.

HE dictate’s games, he determines the outcome, he is playing his own little football manager game for real..

Worst Referee I have ever seen. Where people get the idea he is a top ref ..well they are easily fooled .Webb is
    Dictating the outcome of games

Our GAme against Man U last season ,,well he could not deny us our clear goals ..He would have wanted to, He did however deny us a clear clear Penalty right in front of him ! absolute clear view, when Ferdinand brought BA down, Remember ? Webb..NO PEN ! Total Cheat.

HE is playing football manager for real. .

Webb needs to be outed .

previous post: Newcastle Winger Fit Again – Could Be Involved Against QPR