The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Pardew – Two Or Three New Players Arriving In January

8:51 am, Friday, December 21st, 2012 by Ed Harrison · 23 Comments

At the press conference yesterday for the QPR game tomorrow, Alan pardew was asked about any Newcastle interest in Vurnon Anita’s former team-mate 20 year-old Dutch Under 21 international Jody Lukoki, and Alan said it was “news to him” but he did confirm Newcastle’s interest in another player who has been linked closely with Newcastle for a January move.

Loic Remy -300x168

Loic Remy – Newcastle interested

The Newcastle manager was asked if there was any interest in Marseilles’ French International striker Loic Remy, and he had this to say:

“That’s a situation we are looking at.”

Remy seems to be in the dog house at Marseilles lately, and he is usually on the bench and in 12 appearances he has scored a couple of goals for the former French Champions, but this lad’s a good player and it’s probably a good time for him to move too..

And Alan Pardew said Newcastle were after two players in January, and then he added maybe three, so we think we could see more than the one player he said Newcastle were after last week.

We hope the other two are either Douglas or Mathieu Debuchy as the defensive reinforcements – and maybe Moussa Sissoko as a creative central midfield player - those three players could really help us to pull away from the bottom of the league table next year.

And talking about the league – let us know hows you think we’ll fare against QPR tomorrow.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against QPR?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

23 responses so far ↓

• 1 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 21, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Ed….I think the colour policy is purple, not mauve :)

• 2 TorqToon // Dec 21, 2012 at 8:56 AM

I get a feeling that Douglas is somebody who we are looking at for the summer via a pre contract agreement. I reckon there will be a surprise for the CB position this winter.

• 3 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 21, 2012 at 8:56 AM

Ed….I don’t suppose you have come across Pardews radio interview last night? Apparently he talked further about transfers etc.

• 4 TorqToon // Dec 21, 2012 at 8:56 AM

Ps Happy End Of The World Day Everyone !!!

• 5 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 21, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Torq….Are you thinking good or bad surprise?

• 6 WWYCD // Dec 21, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Ibiza
    In regards to the BARMY shirt go for it I see plenty around St James with Carroll blacked out and no one seems to notice

• 7 TorqToon // Dec 21, 2012 at 9:00 AM

Morning Ibiza! I’m thinking good. I occasionally hear bits and bobs from my French colleagues affiliated with certain football clubs and the sounds are very positive on a couple of names floating about.

• 8 Conaldo (The Wizard...Also Bestest Friends With Paul Scharner) // Dec 21, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Good morning people.

Me thinks that remy must be tied up for pards to say that. Not actually tied up, he’s not chained to a radiator, or maybe he is. Lambias torturing him till he accepts the contract.

If we play the same way we did against man citeh, qpr won’t know what hit them.
    If we don’t, then it will be a tough match.

Also, happy doomsday, for all interested, depending on which translation you use, the world will either end at 11:13 or 21:05.

Also, what’s happened to Jesper? Has he quit the blog or has he just been enjoying his Christmas beers and been to busy?

• 9 Rotonda heights // Dec 21, 2012 at 9:04 AM

torq

was it you who mentioned something about m’biwa?

• 10 Transfer Sage // Dec 21, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Ibiza

I told you we would be busy.

I hope to get some good news for you all this weekend. But with pardew saying that we are now looking at 2-3 is good news, last week he said one so to change his tune must mean he is very confident of these deals.

• 11 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 21, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Yo….. Perfect.

Torq….Morning. My heart and brain are both saying we will be active in the market, something is keeping me grounded though, maybe my soul? Pretty sure I sold that one night on the town though…maybe it was returned?!?

Conaldo….With the amount of rumours of us chaining up our targets I wouldn’t be surprised if we’re in for another rename. SMP.

On Jesper, not 100% sure, but I think he needed a break from us crazies and our blaming of lack of transfers for our woes.

• 12 TorqToon // Dec 21, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Rotonda – Yes sir. I’m very fortunate in my job that I can get told certain things and as I’m not directly hired / affiliated with said club, I am able to report what I hear to everybody on here. As I say, don’t and never would claim to be ITK etc but Yanga M’biwa is somebody who is heavily linked to the club and I’m around 98% certain direct contact has been made with regards a move.

• 13 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 21, 2012 at 9:10 AM

TS….I’m starting to think Pardew has a rogue clone. It would answer all of the different statements we hear.

I am quietly confident, more out of the fact it’s clear they need to shake the team up, it needs some help. I hope it happens early in January so we don’t endure another painful month.

• 14 TorqToon // Dec 21, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Ibiza – What’s holding you back is the years and years of disappointment thanks to our beloved club ! But I’m feeling pretty good this week with the noises surrounding the club.

• 15 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 21, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Torq…Oh yeah, it could be that :) A soul? ha!

• 16 FrankfurtMag // Dec 21, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Why is he constantly harping on about the Demba Ba situation and regularly contradicting himself.

He is in the media daily speculating about our players.

A managers job is to manage, not sell or to drum up interest…..

• 17 hadthetshirt // Dec 21, 2012 at 9:48 AM

@10 it could also mean we are bringing 1 player in but replacing 2.I hope it’s bringing 3 in though.

• 18 Graeme // Dec 21, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Just hope he’s not stuck in that Jesmond Hotel!! Last player we had in their was never seen again!!

• 19 tweaked // Dec 21, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Hoping we get perzella a younger and better version of collo :)

• 20 West Lancs Geordie // Dec 21, 2012 at 12:42 PM

All this hype about Remy Debuchy Douglas. MA is looking to cash in on BA, &/or Krul, Tiote, Colo not buy. He’ll hope we can survive with what we’ve got like when we sold Carroll. This time we are in a worse position. Key players Ben Arfa & Saylor too injury prone & can only be relied on for a few games a season. Raylor & Cabaye long term casualties. Not enough quality & fight in rest. Willo, Perch, Obertan & Marvaux Championship at best.Time to offload the dross including Gosling & Ranger. Ba & Cisse can’t play together. Gutierez he falls over!! Only Anita shining at present. Dark days ahead fight back needs to start tomorrow.

• 21 ONLINE GUY // Dec 21, 2012 at 5:16 PM

West Lancs…

Cheer up mate ..Its not that bad ..we play good stuff and just have not had the luck in the last 3 games …

The game agains Stoke city was won by them having Howard Webb on their side..just look at the second goal when the ball was nodded back across the box ,,the Stoke player climbed on the back and flattened our defender right in front of Webb ,,and the Cheating Bas**rd give them the goal instead of giving us the free kick.

• 22 will // Dec 22, 2012 at 4:26 AM

Why do we still have fans saying our players are championship quality at best when they have perform solidly over the last two season!

Some of what our fans call championship quality has move to other premiership club at are performing well, mind you!

• 23 simon_barker_9 // Dec 24, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Will, none of them are good enough to start, i have no faith in willo, perch gets in and fights but technically is poor. obertan isnt up to it and gosling has hardly play n not done much when he has. We need quality in our squad fergie n sammy r fine marv n bigi have time. Not sure who’s done well since leaving tho? bassong n caldwell may not be top flight, enrique, carroll, given (the “stars”) havnt really shined. Nolan was always gonna do well but is not better than yohan, That leaves distin n hughes who have been good servants but nothin special.

previous post: Demba Ba Release Clause Active In Every Transfer Window