The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Pardew – We Need New Players – Fans Are Hurting

5:37 pm, Friday, December 21st, 2012 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 68 Comments

Newcastle face a moment of truth tomorrow against QPR – or should we say a game of truth – because if Newcastle cannot get a win against QPR, who have 10 points in the league –  then who can we beat at the moment?

alan pardew newcastle

Alan Pardew – I need two new players in

We thought Alan Pardew seemed to be holding up well to the pressure that six defeats in seven league games brings to a Newcastle manager, at his press conference yesterday – and it’s the worst run in Newcastle’s 19 year Premier League history – and today he has come out and said he has asked owner Mike Ashley for some new players in the January transfer window.

This is what Alan Pardew said:

“I need a couple of players and if you think I am not asking for them, then you are seriously mistaken.” “I need a couple of players, I think, in this group, and maybe even three. Whether we can get them across the line on a financial front remains to be seen.”

“Mike openly would say that in the summer, we should have bought another player, he would actually argue that himself.” “A win tomorrow would ease my burden.” “I don’t want to be Newcastle manager and lose, I don’t like it.”

“The fans are hurting, but no more so than me and the players, QPR have got some momentum, and that’s very important in the Premier League. It’s something we have been searching for.”

“But they are still coming to Newcastle and we are in decent form in terms of some of our play. We just need to have a little bit more resilience to stop conceding goals and I think we will get results.”

It’s a big game tomorrow and Alan has also said that the owner has been receptive to his pleas for new players,  and today Sky Bet stopped all betting on Loic Remy – as he seems set to come to Newcastle – although some reports are claiming he is holding out for Tottenham to come in for him.

Getting Loic on board would be a good and early first step for Newcastle,  but we need at least one and probably two more players in during January, and if our results don’t improve we could see a total of three new players arriving before February.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Coaching · Newcastle News · Premier League · Transfer News and Rumours

68 responses so far ↓

• 1 Indian Magpie // Dec 21, 2012 at 5:40 PM

First :)

• 2 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 21, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Catchy
    You like him but call him dumb?
    Okay…..

Ibiza
    After reading this and listening to that radio interview that charlie posted its so painfully obvious that he wants to get the signings he wanted in the summer
    For people to blame him on transfers is just stupid what is he supposed to do call wonga and buy them himself??

• 3 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 21, 2012 at 5:40 PM

With some of the stuff that is said I wouldn’t be surprised to read “We need new fans – the players are hurting”.

Apologies, just couldn’t resist.

• 4 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 21, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Christs sake pardew you fcuking puppet we need at the very least say twelvety hundred players in your such a yes man i hate you!

• 5 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 21, 2012 at 5:44 PM

*Resist the urge to call him an idiot…*

Indian…you are an i…nteresting person…

• 6 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 21, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Tads….I like it. “Hey Pardew, if you want them so bad and care so much, you buy them” :)

I do think that with our really poor run fans are way too quick to jump on anything he says. At this minute he really can’t win with the general public, best get back to winning on the field then as it’s the only way I see him being able to get his head above water at this moment in time.

• 7 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 21, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Indian…There is an element of puckering up, for sure. Do you think he’d be better to not mention him it all or criticise him?

The reference to good character was him trying to get everyone pulling in the right direction. If it takes kissing the fat mans rear in public then good man and thank you.

Then there is of course the crazy idea that Mike has said he’s realised they screwed up in the summer. Madness, I’m sure.

• 8 Indian Magpie // Dec 21, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Did i mention i was first

• 9 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 21, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Ok, you’re an idiot.

• 10 Jail for Ashley // Dec 21, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Very timely considering the half price season tickets haven’t been selling well and Christmas coming up….

• 11 Tsunki // Dec 21, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Wow a late post changem ok that means rant repost time -

Blaydon – we feel your pain. And we are going to win as well.

3-0 I tell you!

I have long since tired of catchy’s crusade it is completely bereft of any optimistic outlook on any aspect of NUFC. Fine – Pardew out, sack the coaching staff, buy out Ashley I get it I really really get it. In windy weather there used to be this awful moaning rattle just outside the bedroom window. Took me 2 years before I found the cause was a loose rainwater downpipe bracket. Catchy is a loose downpipe.

Indian – you are first all right. As in Number one. Number one tool. Leave it alone will ya?

• 12 ONLINE GUY // Dec 21, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Does anyone have the notion that the ref Howard Webb has some hidden agenda as regards League placings ..?

Stoke city have had him officiating about 14 of their games ..I don’t think they have lost one of them ..when Webb is in the middle. usually this is an advantage to Man U.. as Stoke might be taking the scalp of a contender that might be a threat to Man U..

He seems to dictate a lot of results against club’s who might be up and coming against Man U.. Sendings off etc. There is some strange Stuff going on when Webb is at large in a game

Any particular game always seems to be about
    Howard Webb

If you study him YOU will be Shocked .. Check out a
    U tube compilation When he reffed this seasons game Newcastle United V Man U

How Van Persie got away with the elbow in Cab’s face after looking around to see if the ref was watching ..!then caught on camera …did you notice match of the day would not show any close ups ? that was down to pandering to Ferguson.. , they are scared he wont speak to them for another 10 years..

One particular bad tackle from Van persie was also waved on ..Shocking, Webb the cheat …

I can show everyone the cheating video evidence.

After Webb reviewed the video evidence ..(supposedly)
    on the Monday after the Man U game, and said no case to answer as regards Van Persie on Cabaye .. Well that should of proved to the nation that
    Webb is a total CHEAT.

HE dictate’s games, he determines the outcome, he is playing his own little football manager game for real..

Worst Referee I have ever seen. Where people get the idea he is a top ref ..well they are easily fooled .Webb is
    Dictating the outcome of games

Our GAme against Man U last season ,,well he could not deny us our clear goals ..He would have wanted to, He did however deny us a clear clear Penalty right in front of him ! absolute clear view, when Ferdinand brought BA down, Remember ? Webb..NO PEN ! Total Cheat.

HE is playing football manager for real. .

Webb needs to be outed .

• 13 Tsunki // Dec 21, 2012 at 5:53 PM

I am a right old Tetchy Teddy today :)

• 14 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 21, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Tsunki

Ah you do say it much more eloquently than I ever could :)

• 15 eaststandgeordie1982 // Dec 21, 2012 at 5:55 PM

Online guy

That takle by rvp was on jonas from behind was deffo a yellow then he wipe someone out minutes later and got a yellow should of been sent off after them 2.

• 16 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 21, 2012 at 5:56 PM

I’ve never seen comments like it in my life!

• 17 t00ntime // Dec 21, 2012 at 5:57 PM

@online guy
    Not sure about the rest but i’m pretty sure rio got the ball (last season against us) i’m sure they even showed it in super slow mo on motd. Though i agree he is an awful ref, after watching him in the world cup final i realised how bad he was, even if he isnt for man utd or stoke, he doesnt seem to dare to make big decsions in big games like red cards and pens. Dont understand how he is still a bpl ref :S

The WC final shud of had 3dutch players sent off and 2 spanish, yet only 1 was sent off and that was after 5/6 rash fouls and in Extra time. (why do i remember? Cause i live in holland so when i mention football i constantly get remindend of how webb ruined the final lol)

• 18 Tsunki // Dec 21, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Online Guy – I get the feeling you are not a big fan of Howard, I am picking that vibe up a bit from your post ;)

Ha ha Jail I was thinking the same thing when the half season tickets became available, this time last year they ran off the shelves, I was wondering how they were going to get them shifted this time :D

• 19 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 21, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Online…At last. Someone who isn’t part of our club we can vent on. You sir are a genius!

• 20 ONLINE GUY // Dec 21, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Ibiza..thought I would just cleanse my mind of evil thoughts for Christmas.

Eastand g
    Toon
    Tsunki ….Too many folks have commented and protested about Webb and his dictating of games ..for it not to have some truth involved.

Ibiza ..Is that you Gina ?

• 21 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 21, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Either you all swore in your last posts and they’re awaiting moderation or the mayans were right.

Where did everyone run to?

• 22 Indian Magpie // Dec 21, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Good Night Gents & ladies

• 23 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 21, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Online….Were both of those meant for me? Who’s Gina and how ashamed should I be for instantly thinking “Oo ah, just a little bit”?

Glad you’re all cleansed for Christmas, 3 points tomorrow will be a great start to the festivities!

• 24 ONLINE GUY // Dec 21, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Wor Gina is a massive Fan Ibiza ..and lives out there. Just a hunch, nowt cryptic. A merry this and that to you x.

• 25 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 21, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Online….A Newcastle fan in Ibiza called Gina? I shall begin the search. Merry everythings to you.

• 26 ONLINE GUY // Dec 21, 2012 at 6:25 PM

Ibiza ,,you will find her dancing on the tables for fun ..She owns some property down there ..blond hair ,Beautiful, and around 35 years, Spoken for ….One of the family.

• 27 ONLINE GUY // Dec 21, 2012 at 6:26 PM

IM off for a few jar’s cheers Lad’s.

• 28 Novocastrian66 // Dec 21, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Online guy. I’m with you on Howard Plebb. I also think he has an agenda against NUFC.
    You’ve highlighted some, here’s some more.
    Disallowed goal v Fulham in our relegation season in our last home game of the season. This would have secured a point for us and almost certainly prevented us from being relegated.
    Larson’s blatant hand ball incident at the stadium of plight last season. Thankfully his indecision did not cost us that day. We should have had a penalty kick and Larson should have been sent off.
    The bloke is either hopeless or a cheat. I’m not sure which.

• 29 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 21, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Online…. Sounds perfect :) Have you ever visited the island?

• 30 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 21, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Later Online Guy.

• 31 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 21, 2012 at 6:32 PM

ToonBano on an anti-Chronicle campaign now?

God he is tedious. Expose the fascism Bano! Expose the lies! Bring it all down!

But…who actually really cares…it’s only the Chronicle.

• 32 ONLINE GUY // Dec 21, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Novo

Yes that Fulham Game he kept Hull City up with that disallowed goal ..bIG agenda against Newcastle .

Howard Webb is from Rotherham ,,Not to far from Hull.

Ibiza ..I have an open Invitation to go to the Island…Maybe next Summer ..its been years since being down your way…Im off to Wyoming (Casper) in the spring. Its fitting it all in. Yehaaaaaaa ! Yes, Im Mad.

• 33 AlwaysTOON // Dec 21, 2012 at 6:39 PM

do you think Pardew will start both Ba and Cissé tomorrow? I hope not..

My pick :

Krul
    Simmo-willo-colo-santon
    Obertan-anita-tioto-marvoux
    Ba-ameobi or Ranger

• 34 ONLINE GUY // Dec 21, 2012 at 6:39 PM

cHeers Ibiza.

Cheers all …. Village Pub is looking festive and beckoning me ..See ya !.

• 35 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 21, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Ruddy….I’m not a huge fan of him, as you’re probably aware. I think he was right to make a point with the chronicle. They should report accurately. However, he did and it’s probably time to move on and not keep on. What’s the objective? He’s shown them up already from what I’ve seen.

Having said all that, he did write a piece about this missing spirit and fight in the team this season and did a decent job.

Other than that though, what have the Romans ever given us? Splitters!

• 36 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 21, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Online….Madness is the way to go, only fools play it sane. Have a good one.

• 37 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 21, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Ibiza

Although he only re-surveyed a section of the fans that did the original survey, I did the original survey and he didn’t re-survey me, and a large section of fans would probably say the same, but to be honest I think he’s highlighting a pointless issue.

The Chronicle is the newspaper of the club, it’s not the club’s fault if he twists facts and opinions to paint the club in a good light, as he probably feels he needs to in order to keep in good terms with the club.

Journalists lie, it’s par for the course. An independent poll carried out by Ed pretty much verified that fans are backing Pards, just not to the extent that Ryder was making out, what’s the big deal?

• 38 ToonBano // Dec 21, 2012 at 6:49 PM

One minutes its one player…then he says a couple…then its 3.

Next it will be nothing but replacements.

Next it will be we tried but we just couldn’t get them over the line.

Waffle waffle waffle.

Also, does anyone else find it very disturbing that Pardew actually thinks we have ‘hit form’ and been ‘playing well’ in the last few games? Just because it has been an improvement on the diabolical first 13 games, doesn’t mean we are ‘in form’.

If thats what he thinks is us playing well, than that says all you need to know about Pardew’s standards and how he drags us down to his unacceptable level.

• 39 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 21, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Bano

Ssshhh

• 40 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 21, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Your survey just asks a bunch of loaded questions, it’s called leading the witness, and those who can’t think for themselves simply agree with what you’re “asking/telling” them.

The only person full of waffle and nonsense is you, unfortunately. You accuse Ryder of poor journalism; yours makes his look worthy of a Pulitzer.

• 41 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 21, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Ruddy….Certainly not one to start defending :) I get what you’re saying, doesn’t really prove anything about Newcastle the club for me at all. The “majority” are still behind Pardew, that was the key element. Journalists do lie, but that doesn’t mean we should all accept it. This is a grey area, whilst this particular example isn’t that huge, lying in the media is accepted and tolerated all over the world and it is sickening. I find it hard to knock someone who’s still fighting against it.

Anyway, Bano and media lying aren’t what I want to be discussing this evening…shall we adjourn to the match preview and set the world straight on how we’ll conquer QPR tomorrow?

• 42 blew // Dec 21, 2012 at 6:55 PM

I wonder if and when AP makes a statement, it is of his own accord, or he is handed his speech.
    On this occasion, I envisage AP sitting on Lambarse’s knee, with Dereks hand up APs back making his gob go.

• 43 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 21, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Perhaps not.

Toonbano…With regards to transfers and Pardew, do you not think you’re being a little dramatic?

At the end of the day, Pardew has nothing to do with getting them in on the financial side. I haven’t heard one player come out and say “No, I don’t fancy Newcastle because of Alan Pardew”. Once the financials have been sorted, which isn’t Pardews department, they’ve all signed, no?

I know you’re angry, want things to be better or whatever it is, but pick your battles, surely?

• 44 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 21, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Ibiza

I think Bano wouldn’t be as quick to “expose” journalistic failings if the original survey had said that 95% of fans were against Pardew, he only did it for his own self serving agenda.

I don’t think we should be lauding him just yet as the white knight of journalism. Leveson he aint.

• 45 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 21, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Ruddy…How cynical :) Let me be clear, I am pro one article about spirit and fight within the team and the idea of honest journalism (not really Bano related).

• 46 ToonBano // Dec 21, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Gentleman the reason I made the survey and wrote about it all is because what the Chron did was unacceptable and beyond just a bit of pander for the club.

They asked people to contribute to a survey then spun their answers. I happened to be one of them which is the spark to why I have been ‘banging on about it’.

The issue is done as regards for me writing about it now. This is it.

Ruddy what do you mean I didnt re-survey you? I kept the survey open from the first article I wrote. If you had already filled it in then you couldn’t do it again. And why would you?

Anyway, I banging on again.

• 47 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 21, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Bano

So you’re the pinnacle of journalist’s standards? Behave.

• 48 ToonBano // Dec 21, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Ruddy what are you going on about?

This is even about me.

• 49 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 21, 2012 at 7:56 PM

So you keep saying. Doesn’t mean I believe it.

• 50 ToonBano // Dec 21, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Thats’ because people like you have no concept of doing something that isn’t self related or ‘doing whats right’ to put it a simplistic way.

If the Chronicle get a slap round the knuckles or change the way they go about things, even slightly, then good has come out of it.

…..I am not expecting a Pulitzer for my hard work and worldwide recognition.

Reign your neck in lad.

• 51 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 21, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Bano

Full of your own self importance aren’t you?

The Chronicle are a small regional paper that only want to suck up to the club, they exaggerated the results, but the majority still back Pardew.

Your hard work? You just threw a bunch of loaded questions at people and think it’s investigative journalism? It’s barely journalism.

Reign my neck in? And who are you exactly to talk like that?

• 52 ToonBano // Dec 21, 2012 at 8:14 PM

No I cant say that I am.

The Chronicle are a small regional paper are they? Wow, here was me thinking they were a nationwide mega tabloid.

Their size isn’t the point. The fact they want to speak for the club is shocking but doesn’t bother me to be honest. It’s when they involved NUFC fans to do their dirty work is bang out of order.

Thousands of fans don’t expect their opinon to be used in the way it was. One of them was mine. I spoke and read countless fans slating them for what they did, so I did something about it.

Whether it makes any impact or not is anyone’s guess. Hopefully it does because The Chronicle are planning a new survey in the new year……

P.S. They may be small but some of their surveys make it into national media. We all know that 1.8% wanted AP as boss 2 years ago. Sky and BBC remind us all now and again.

• 53 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 21, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Bano

The media twist things, they always have and they always will. You haven’t really proved anything ground breaking.

Lee Ryder has to toe the club line or he doesn’t get the access he needs to make the Chron the barely sell-able fish and chip wrapper that it is, so he tries his best to portray the club in the best light possible, that is his agenda.

Every journalist has an agenda, he has one and you have one. Your agenda wasn’t one of exposing lies at a newspaper, or even the fact that NUFC fans’ opinions were manipulated, it is that you disagreed with the fact that the majority of fans are behind Pards and that you subverted these findings to make them fit with your opinion.

And while your “research” did expose some exaggerations, it didn’t change the overall result, and your results only reflect a portion of those originally surveyed, not exactly like for like is it?

Whether surveys make it to national media is not really any of my concern, I don’t care what the media say as to me the only opinion I live and die by is my own, not to say I disrespect the opinions of others, just the opinion that guides me is my own.

What I take the dislike to is your crocodile tears and false face that you’ve put on to force your agenda on others.

• 54 ToonBano // Dec 21, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Ruddy – the only reason you have such a lot to say against what I have been doing is because you yourself have some kind of agenda against myself or at least what I write about.

If you didn’t we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

I am never going to convince you otherwise, but all I can say is you are wrong in what you say. This is not because my own view was different to that of the article. Dont be so small minded. You know full well what the article was doing as much as I do. For that reason amongst many others is why I have carried out what I have been doing.

The fact its accepted that the press lie all the time is not a good enough excuse for this perticular issue. This was a survey, not an editors/writers/ newspapers opinion. It was supposed to be the fans that entered it.

So anyway, I am bored of this. Lets end it now.

• 55 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 21, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Bano

I don’t believe that your motives are as pure as you purport them to be.

You have little in the way of evidence that the Chron did much to the results at all. In fact they could have taken the answers that were given and just worded them in a way that made it look more favourable towards the club than the results had actually intended, how is that a disaster of epic proportions that you would have us believe?

Would you have challenged these results if the survey had told us that the fans were not behind Pardew? At the risk of speaking on your behalf I think not, but in that event the same misdirection of opinion would still have occurred, double standards Bano.

• 56 ToonBano // Dec 21, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Ruddy – so you believe I would go through the trouble of writing 3 articles about it, create a survey, write up its (seemingly) endless expanded answers, got in contact with The Chronicle, Ryder, the PCC…..all because the article seem to suggest my opinion was in the minority? Just think about it a little bit more matey. Seriously.

The reason I challenged these results was a for a nmuber of reasons in which I have mentioned countless times. The fact of what my opinion doesn’t even come into as the whole reason this article was a disgrace is because it created what we apparently thought and ingnored our true opinion.

For the interest of satisfying you if you are asking me whether I back Pardew than the answer is no.

But if only the Chronic had asked me that as well as everyone else than this whole issue wouldn’t exist……

• 57 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 21, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Bano

All I have is your word that you’ve done that lad. And someone’s word on a blog counts for very little, even my own, so forgive me if I take next to no stock in anything you say.

So at the risk of this escalating, I’m going to plainly state that in the grand scheme of things all your “hard work” has achieved very little, if anything. Paper’s lie, shock horror. I think we’re more concerned about NUFC related matters on the pitch, not whether Ryder lied or not.

But by all means, pursue this crusade of yours if it gives you something to do, the rest of us will just get back to supporting the team and manager, and you just skimmed over the fact that you only took an interest as it contradicted your own opinion.

I don’t really care though, I just thought I’d air my grievances with you, not just on this issue in particular, but with your constant stream of criticisms. Although you do come out with an odd gem of an article (you’re quite good when you put your mind to it) not that my endorsement means much.

• 58 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 21, 2012 at 9:10 PM

I take back what I said, you’re a tosh bucket if ever there was one.

• 59 ToonBano // Dec 21, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Ruddy

There is no doubt that if my opinion was that of I backed Pardew 100% then I would not have such a keen interest in having the Chronic being held to account on some level with their blatantly shocking practices.

But that point is a very, very small factor as to why I have been doing what ive been doing. And you know it.

Like I said the Chronicle are planning another survey in the new year….lets just see how they a) ask the question, b) load the answers then c) report the findings.

If they do all of the above to the standards they should and we all expect, then some good has come out of all this. Which is what I want.

You might not care about any of this, but when Toon fans get misrepresented through the media it can do more damage then you could imagine.

• 60 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 21, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Bano

You loaded your own questions and led those “free thinking” people who answered your survey on a merry waltz to agree with you so it’s a bit rich that you’re getting on your high horse about that.

Finding it very hard to take you seriously, which is why I am choosing not too, you’re a wind up merchant with an anti Pards agenda and you are using your blog as a vehicle to that end.

Bring a more balanced mindset and you might boost your credibility but I won’t be holding my breath.

• 61 ToonBano // Dec 21, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Ruddy

You’ve just proven to me that you have one of two things a) a warped sense of reality or b) a blind agenda against me that you just cant see past.

I loaded my questions did I?

I asked very sraight forward question that were directly aimed at the Chronicles findings. The answer you could choose were Yes. No. or Undefined. I also left the option to expand your answer to put your view down in your own words.

In what way on God’s green earth is that loaded? or pushing people down a merry road? I clearly state in every article to be honest either way you feel. If you agree say yes, if not say no, just be honest.

Wake up matey.

• 62 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 21, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Resorting to being patronising or condescending with a victim mentality? A little beneath you isn’t it? Also it’s a logical fallacy that I have to either have a warped sense of reality or have an agenda against you, I can simply disagree with you and the way in which you went about your business, your efforts are not beyond reproach, and it is more than a little arrogant to think that anyone who disagrees with you must have a personal vendetta against you.

Yes a question like “Do you feel like your/the fans opinion has been compromised by Lee Ryder’s article?” is what is known as a leading question, assuming the guilt before the answer is given, it wouldn’t hold in a court of law for that very reason, so yes I do think it is a bit hypocritical of you.

Feel free to take further pot shots at my character though, it serves to weaken your credibility.

• 63 ToonBano // Dec 21, 2012 at 9:44 PM

So people who filled in the survey were incapable of saying No to that question and even expanding on their answer if they so wish?

If you dont think you’re opinion was compromised then say no. If you don’t have a defined answer either way then say so.

You’re ignoring the fact that my survey was meant as a response to the Chronicles findings. The questions I asked were as direct as I could possibly think of. They were wishy washy, or loaded, or biassed in anyway.

My God this so boring. I am refusing to respond to you anymore. Say what you like.

• 64 ToonBano // Dec 21, 2012 at 9:45 PM

*weren’t wishy washy

• 65 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Dec 21, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Bano

The point is that, even if just on a subconscious level, you lead the reader to making up their mind before they had time to think. Some people tend to fall for that kind of subversion, others don’t, but the end result isn’t as factually based as it may have been without loaded questions.

• 66 manxpie // Dec 22, 2012 at 1:56 AM

wow what an argument lol
    since when has a servey proove’d or helped anything anyways infact i think the media and politicians invented serveys so that’s all ya need to know really!

• 67 inceptoon // Dec 22, 2012 at 11:27 AM

The problem with Pardew is that he only comes out to say “I think it should be done” and goes back and does little of what he “thinks.” We really are floating in his thoughts all season. He should work hard to improve the team or else stop that “I think” comment.

• 68 JP...from The Rock // Dec 22, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Online Guy have to agree with you on the Howard Webb and his dodgy decisions theory. I have often wondered if there has been some match fixing by Alex Ferguson as so many odd decisions go Man U’s way. Howard Webb’s shocking failure to give us a pen in that match when Ba went down is a great example. It was a clear swipe at Ba’s standing leg if I remember correctly and Ferdinand was no where near the ball. Later what was even more puzzling was the denial in the sky sports studio after the match. Shocking and bizarre indeed. It really needs to seriously be looked into. The match fixing in Italy could be happening right under our noses too.

Ps. When in the hell are we going to implement goal-line technology in the EPL? You would think in the most popular sport in the world were so much money is at stake they would make absolute certain that any decision is the correct one.

previous post: News About Newcastle’s Frustrated Captain