The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Harry Redknapp Lauds Newcastle – They’re Not In Trouble

10:04 am, Saturday, December 22nd, 2012 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 12 Comments

QPR manager Harry Redknapp has said today that Newcastle are not in trouble and they’re too good to go down this season – but we heard that also form many people four years ago – but we still ended up third bottom of the league with a paltry 34 points – and we were relegated to the Championship.

harry redknapp qpr

Harry Redknapp – Newcastle too good to go down

Of course since then Newcastle have come roaring back and apart from the last seven league games,  in which we’ve managed to lose six of them – things have been on the up for Newcastle since the summer of 2009.

Newcastle were 5th last season, but our first romp in Europe for six seasons seems to have caused havoc with the small Newcastle squad, and we’re now hurting just a little.

This is what the 65-year-old former Tottenham manager had to say today:

“They’re not in relegation trouble.” “I don’t see them being in there come May. They’re too good to be there.” “Graham Carr does well for Newcastle.”

“He’s been a good person up there.” “He works hard. We’ve got to get the players we need.”  “It’s different when you’re trying to attract someone to Newcastle who have 55,000 people there and attracting them to a team at the bottom of the division.”

When Sam Allardyce was sacked in January of 2008, Mike Ashley’s first choice for manager was Harry, who was then at Portsmouth, but after initially accepting the deal he changed his mind after going out to dinner on a Friday night with his wife and friends, and he called Ashley the following day and said he would not be taking the job, and then four days later Mike appointed Kevin Keegan as Newcastle manager.

Redknapp has done well since he joined QPR, and in four games in charge he has three draws and a win – so to us that means he’s due a defeat – and we hope that’s the result today – with Newcastle getting a massive 3 points.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Coaching · Newcastle News · Premier League

12 responses so far ↓

• 1 kevymartins // Dec 22, 2012 at 10:07 AM

@Big papa

In:douglas
    remy
    debuchy

out:williamson …job well done

• 2 Indian Magpie // Dec 22, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Love hary. Love to hate him

• 3 hotdog // Dec 22, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Kevy – I dont hink anybody wants ba out but the player himself is not commited to the club as he wont remove the contract clause. You either want to play for our great club or not mate in my eyes.

Good words from sloppy chops but living in London and of course money appeals to plenty of overseas players

• 4 Dannyo // Dec 22, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Blergh, don’t ever let candle face near my club. Disgusts me.

• 5 NEWEXPATMAGPIE // Dec 22, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Oh yeh Harry! The usual Mind games!

• 6 kevymartins // Dec 22, 2012 at 10:19 AM

@hotdog

Sure why didn’t he leave in the summer?

Did demba not go and buy a new gym for his house in NEWCASTLE like 2weeks ago…Why can’t people see its his agent trying to get a piece of the pie

• 7 croftus5678 // Dec 22, 2012 at 10:20 AM

we will be losing ba who’s proven to hit the net for us and getting a replacement who’s not forced to come straight in and start scoring…this along with cisse thinking the goal is 50foot high and there being no offside rule.

tough times >.< i just prey our scouting team work miracles again and that our midfielders have a few lessons with mr raylor about how to take freekicks ect.

if what we have now plays like we have done past few games there is no worries but take ba's goals away and i'm not as optamistic as you guys and think cisse/remy will start hitting them in for fun.

• 8 Dannyo // Dec 22, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Oh no, pitch inspection at 12.00 UK time, game might be off due to rain.
    Hope not! I want an early christmas present.

• 9 Tsunki // Dec 22, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Some kerfuffle last night then? Tbf, when I see jonnobad wading in I tune out. Does my head in.

Kevymartins – I don’t think I am a retard, fact I am almost 37% certain, but at this point if you ask me if I prefer ba to stay or remy to come in, for the good of the whole team, I prefer the latter. The shape of midfield will definitely improve and our no. 9 will be rejuvenated.

• 10 WWYCD // Dec 22, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Dannyo
    Am on the other side of the fence mate I don’t think Ashley is willing to spend, I thin he wants a stable top 10 club nothing more and I think he wants it with very little outlay BUT I might be tainted by the fact I don’t like the bloke and never will time will tell haha

Don’t think we will see success under this board without a whole lot of luck

• 11 Rake // Dec 22, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Would you really want to get rid of Willo? if we bring in a Cb to go alongside Colo and have Taylor pushing for the place Willo is a good 4th choice i would say… even if he runs in quicksand

• 12 andym // Dec 22, 2012 at 1:01 PM

I still think demba will stay. He likes the city the fans best mates with cabeye and the other french lads. I only hope this means we still sign remy as a wingq / striker. Ba hba and remy is a frightening front line and should defo shoot us up the league… If ba will not remove this clause this time round i would get shot though as cant be bothered with this scenario every transfer window its very unsettling…

previous post: Newcastle Confident Of Unveiling New Player January 1st