The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Should Know This Week If They Can Sign Remy

11:03 am, Monday, December 24th, 2012 by Ed Harrison · 146 Comments

News in the local press today that this week is important and Newcastle should find out if they will be able to bring French International Loic Remy to Tyneside, but once again the difficulty seems to be in the different valuation of the 17 times capped striker.

Loic Remy -300x168

Loic Remy – a Newcastle player next week?

Apparently Marseilles are valuing the player they bought from Nice two years ago for 12M at a high 15M, with Newcastle not offering anywhere bear that amount, and the news last week was the club was trying to get the 25 year-old for around 8M.

Why does this scenario seem so familiar?

We just hope with the Newcastle Board having made some big mistakes in the summer transfer window, which the club is now paying for, that the will not quibble with the fees too much – especially if it’s within the range of Newcastle’s valuation.

Newcastle will need to bring in a new striker in January, and in early January too, with Shola Ameobi very likely to be going to the African Cup of Nations with Nigeria, and he’s already been name sin the provisional squad, and that fantastic goal on Saturday will have done his chances no harm at all.

And there looks to be another circus with Demba Ba’s release clause, which becomes active again on January 1st,  and we suppose he could leave at any time next month.

And if  Ba doesn’t leave next month we’ll have the same stupid scenario in the summer too.

Is this getting tedious with Ba’s release clause  – or is this getting tedious?

Let’s know what you think.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

146 responses so far ↓

• 1 Indian Magpie // Dec 24, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Story of NUFC Supporter’s life

• 2 WWYCD // Dec 24, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Hasent it been agreed Shola won’t be going to the ACoN? Read it on twitter this morning didn’t know if it was true

Sakho would be fantastic, Remy would be good if he refound his form and stayed fit but I doubt either will happen but then I doubt we will see any new faces in Jan

• 3 Pardews Perfect Battleplan // Dec 24, 2012 at 11:10 AM

@wwycd why so glum pal?

• 4 Jail for Ashley // Dec 24, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Newex mag
    So these players won’t come because their agents and clubs will mess us around and nothing to do with Dirk ‘hardball ‘ Dastardly thinking he’s clever by holding out for a few quid less.

• 5 KrulG4ME // Dec 24, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Would love to sign Sakho and Remy. Would also love to sign Sissoko to but cannot see it happening. I sure hope im wrong

• 6 WWYCD // Dec 24, 2012 at 11:14 AM

PPB
    Not glum as such I think our season will transform when Cabs is back 100% and HBA is in the team again, just have no faith in the board…better to be surprised than disappointed

• 7 Toon1978 // Dec 24, 2012 at 11:14 AM

To be fair Remy has not been playing much for Marsailles so i think their evaluation is a little steep. However, Ashleys 8 million bid stinks of nit picking once again. I wonder if he will ever learn. It could cost us EPL status if he continues to play hard ball. Ashley wants everything to go his way and if it does not then he walks away. He needs to meet somewhere in the middle. We should offer around 11 to 12 million for Remy, just my opinion. According to the Chronicle we are also looking at Sakho which would be awesome lol. Remy, Sakho, Debuchy and Sissoko would be a very nice Xmas indeed with D.Ba signing on the dotted line but thre is more chance of me winning the bloody lottery lol.

• 8 BelfastMagpie // Dec 24, 2012 at 11:16 AM

No chance.

• 9 TorqToon // Dec 24, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Sahko / Remy / Debuchy & Sissoko = Dream window !! Emphasis on the ‘dream’ part though! We will have half the French international side soon – which can’t be a bad thing !

• 10 Jamiemac // Dec 24, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Sick of us being tight b*stards, I understand Ashley’s thinking, but for a rich man like him 1-2M extra shouldn’t be too much a problem. The Debuchy saga was pathetic, don’t want that happening and we miss out AGAIN on a class player like Remy.

• 11 TorqToon // Dec 24, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Toon1978 – great minds think alike my friend! :-)

• 12 WWYCD // Dec 24, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Toon1978
    If those 4 players came in it would be the best possible Jan I can imagine talking 30+mill in a window that we don’t like operating in though

• 13 Pardews Perfect Battleplan // Dec 24, 2012 at 11:18 AM

@jfa i honestly think in the summer window it was a little of both. obviously clubs don’t like it when we’re haggling but at the same time i believe clubs wanted to stick us for more cash just in case there was another cabaye situation.

• 14 BelfastMagpie // Dec 24, 2012 at 11:19 AM

I still dont think the penny has dropped yet for Ashley & co.

They still think they can sign everybody for peanuts.

Going to be a long long January…

• 15 Ben3arfa // Dec 24, 2012 at 11:22 AM

not gonna happen knowing out track record under cashley

• 16 Toon1978 // Dec 24, 2012 at 11:22 AM

TorqToon and WWYCD
    Yes it would truly be a very good window if we did get them players in. Little worrying hearing that Chelsea want HBA but here’s to hping it woto come off. Just hope Ashley really digs deep and gives the supporters some festive cheer and it would really shake that lot up down the road if we where to sign these 4 lads haha.

• 17 Pardews Perfect Battleplan // Dec 24, 2012 at 11:22 AM

@wwycd ah. well agree about when cabs and hba come back we’ll look a lot better. i think we’ll make 1 signing max

• 18 WWYCD // Dec 24, 2012 at 11:27 AM

PPB
    We could see a signing but am not expecting it mate haha

Toon1978
    Am not worried about HBA going to Chelsea he wants a manager that understands him and (not a bad thing) panders to him doubt he would get that with Chelsea revolving door plus if he goes he’s just a merc wanting a pay day…that’s how people who leave are seen yeah? Haha

• 19 Pardews Perfect Battleplan // Dec 24, 2012 at 11:27 AM

@ben3arfa really there is no track record to speak of.
    january-sold Carroll got kuqi (crap)
    summer-sold trouble and aging signed youth and class (good)
    January – sold none got a goal scorer (decent but no cb)
    summer – got anita + youth lost some fringe guys (poor window)

tbf our windows are up and down but everybody is just judging off the summer that’s just gone

• 20 Pardews Perfect Battleplan // Dec 24, 2012 at 11:30 AM

@wwycd we expected nowt last January. we expected nowt the summer before that two.
    i suppose we should have no positive or negative expectations. just wait and see

btw has catchy reared his horrible little head since his ridiculous statement?

• 21 Solaidback // Dec 24, 2012 at 11:31 AM

I think you’ll probbaly find, as it been reported already, that we’ll be paying £8m + player to get Remy in, whether or not that is Marvauex or Obertan but as Marvuaex has been playing well lately, it may be someone else we get rid of as part ex…

• 22 Jail for Ashley // Dec 24, 2012 at 11:31 AM

As I’ve said before Im reserving judgement on signings as Im not sure,all I know is I expected the most exciting transfer window in a long time last summer after the exploits of last season,especially after Leon Best was sold,the Mashley apologists will undoubtedly say that Mashley will learn from his mistakes but I don’t think he ever will while making up this five year plan on a daily basis.

• 23 Toon1978 // Dec 24, 2012 at 11:32 AM

WWYCD

I think HBA really does love life in Newcastle but we need to show ambition to keep him here for another few years. This lad can be one of the best in Europe on his day and it’s up to us to build around HBA. I don’t think Chelsea would suit HBA anyway, he is more an Arsenal type of player but they can all go jump off a cliff lol. They mentioned 12 million for HBA. I nearly choked on my coffee when i seen that. 20 miilion for Henderon, 35 million for Carroll and the press believe Ashley will sell for 12 million. That’s why i think it is utter baffonary lol.

• 24 Pardews Perfect Battleplan // Dec 24, 2012 at 11:33 AM

@solaidback its sammy! lol

• 25 Pardews Perfect Battleplan // Dec 24, 2012 at 11:35 AM

@jfa i am glad you’re reserving judgement mate. think thsts the best way. im not sure whether he will learn from his mistakes but i hope he attempts to stabilize his investment. if only a little

• 26 Spreadthetoon // Dec 24, 2012 at 11:36 AM

doesn’t this remind us of another signing such as Debuchy FFS! Anyone say that errors were not made should get examined seriously! Look like MA/DL are slow learners…..the language is already the same….”we’ll do our best to get players across the line”….really angers me.
    Club should be saying equivocally “we will sign 4 players this window.” We definitely need a CAM….if anyone is in doubt about that then watch the QPR match again…..all that possession in their half but unable to create opportunities.
    As for Shola missing out on ACON, if you do not empower a player to do what they want that is an unhealthy thing. So what have they promised Shola……..the lad is great and he deserves better IMO…..we need to sign a striker, CAM, CB, RB……clearly we’ll be bartering like we did last summer….but the reality is we have less bargaining power in January, its more expensive and EVERYONE knows that apart from DL/MA – what a pair of complete tools!
    As for the team, yes we are short on players but not to same degree as to the detriment of the performances that we have churned out. AP has not been good tactically this season, has been too defensive in his outlook. Yes last 5 games have been better but IMO we have a long long way to go. I do not think AP can see that though and I really hope that it does not come at the cost of a thrashing by Man U or Arsenal to convince him of that…..cos that for me would put our players at an all time low on confidence. Really hope AP goes for a more attacking formation and play Cisse in the middle with Gabs and Marv in midfield…here’s hoping anyway…HWTL!

• 27 Pardews Perfect Battleplan // Dec 24, 2012 at 11:38 AM

@1978 the press know sweet fa regarding our incoming/outgoing players 12m for benny? pah. bulls**t!

• 28 NEWEXPATMAGPIE // Dec 24, 2012 at 11:38 AM

@4:

I,m just very tired and frustrated about all the rumours and all the different names which appear on here! Not sure how the rest feel abou this or you either Jail?

It would be really nice if they just announced a concrete signing without all the Crap beforehand !
    On the one side, it may just be done to confuse agaents and other Clubs but on the other, its getting right up my nose !
    This is NUFC, for gods sake, lets stop fannying around and get the players we need signed Pronto !

Jamiemag @ 10 is right, at the end of the day, Fat Ash and Llambs arse are just being tight!

• 29 WWYCD // Dec 24, 2012 at 11:39 AM

PPB
    Aye true we will wait and see mate but if we don’t do business early I don’t see us doing any business

Toon1978
    I agree he seems happy though harsh on him to say he’s a Arsenal type player he does have some fight and a backbone ;)

• 30 Toon1978 // Dec 24, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Spreadthetoon

Excellent post mate.

• 31 Toon1978 // Dec 24, 2012 at 11:41 AM

WWYCD

Hahahaha, i do apologise for the Arsenal connection :)

• 32 Pardews Perfect Battleplan // Dec 24, 2012 at 11:41 AM

@spread it can be cheaper if players only have 6-18 months left. not too many of these deals but i thought id mention that two

• 33 Mo Drysdale // Dec 24, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Team for Boxing day:——–Krul——————————

Santon———-Williamson———Coloccini—–Gutierrez

Tavernier——Anita—–Perch——Marveaux—Obertan

——————————–Cisse——————————

I am getting pissed off with Ba so lets get Cisse in his preferred position, the lad has been working his nads off and deserves a chance.

Or a team of beasts:——–Krul——————————

Santon———Williamson———Coloccini—–Gutierrez

Cisse———Perch——Ameobi——Ranger—Sameobi

————————————Ba

I think all 6ft plus

Merry christmas to all

• 34 Pardews Perfect Battleplan // Dec 24, 2012 at 11:45 AM

@wwycd you win post of the day. your prize? an air guitar!

• 35 Anth // Dec 24, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Hey everyone! This is my first post!

We need to be getting behind the team and the manager during these tough times. The amount of injuries we have and alot of our best players out. Alan ain’t really had a big selection of players to put out to win games, even ones we ” think” we can win. This is the boards fault for not investing in the summer and I personally think they have learnt their lesson. The board will now realise that they will have to pay the going rate for players on some occasions especially if they are international players. The days of getting the cabaye’s n Ben arfa’s for a poxy 5m are gone for nufc. Everyone is aware that our amazing scout is good for eyeing up decent talent on the cheap, this has now changed and I think 95% of the players we buy now we will have to pay the going rate.

I think January we will be busy, I personally think BA will be off an to be honest I want him to go. Anything reported by the media about nufc it’s BA this n BA that. This is not a 1 player club, it’s not all about BA. I’m sick to the back teeth of hearing about it an I’m sure it’s upsetting the dressing room not knowing if one of our best strikers is going to leave an where it will leave the club. I personally think this has had an effect on our play these last 8 weeks.

As for cisse, I feel for him in a big way, the poor lad came here in January and blew the league out the water with some of the most amazing goals you could see in this league. BA spits his dummy out because he’s out on the left an not scoring and Alan decides to put BA in the central position and cisse out on the right. Really? After seeing what we achieved for the second part of the season we change it to a load of crap. It wouldn’t supprise me if cisse leaves if BA stays and I’d rather have cisse. BA is clearly stuck up his own arse, not to mention ball greedy. A few times he could have played cisse on to goal but instead tries to score for 30 yards out with a piss poor effort, trying to score like cisse to look more attractive to bigger clubs who would want him. Sorry mr BA but you ain’t cisse who can score from ridiculous angles and distance.

Thats my views on that situation lol.

I also think tiote’s place in the team is not going to be guaranteed looking at how well vernon is playing. At the moment my choice for the 3 in the middle would be cabs, bigi, Anita. Tiote just ain’t cutting the mustard at the moment and when bigi plays his position he rarely puts a foot wrong and he’s intelligent on the ball. Cracking player for 18 years of age.

Players we need in:

Remy
    Debuchy
    Sisoko
    Douglas

Get a few more youngsters in too.

Players out:

BA.
    Simmo.
    Willo.

• 36 Spreadthetoon // Dec 24, 2012 at 11:51 AM

PPB
    That may be the case….last summer transfer window was probably the most infuriating window of recent times and the worst signal to our players……cannot tell you how upset I will be if the same happens…..unfortunately DL/MA have got a strange nack of continually doin’ that and not learning by their mistakes.
    WWYCD mentioned the importance of early signings…which for me is critical…..I want players in NOW and not the end of the window tbf……it also signal intent from the board to the players which brings in a feel good factor…..after all look at Liverfool!

• 37 WWYCD // Dec 24, 2012 at 11:52 AM

PPB
    Haha I graciously accept such a wonderful prize

• 38 Transfer Sage // Dec 24, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Either pay the asking price for remy or move for other targets.

But firstly get a bloomin’ centre back and fullback through the door.

• 39 Tommyy // Dec 24, 2012 at 11:56 AM

I highly doubt we’re going to get Remy, he is simply too expensive. We’re probably the worst team in the world to deal with regarding transfers, we’ve become notorious for taking the piss. If we do Spurs et al will come in at his valuation and get him.
    As for Pardews comments on Man Utd, fair enough he’s trying to inspire some hope and confidence but my god I was squirming when I read his piece. Sounded so false and desperate, he should have just said we’re clearly the underdogs but we’ll go out there and give it out best shot and try and play some football in the process. I can see us getting embarrassed a la Villa and then he’s just going to wind everyone up further with his post match comments.

• 40 Transfer Sage // Dec 24, 2012 at 11:57 AM

We can cope til the summer with Ba, cisse, shola and Campbell.

We need defenders as priority…same for last 3 transfer windows

• 41 KrulG4ME // Dec 24, 2012 at 12:02 PM

@ Anth post 35

Could not agree with you more well said lad

• 42 catchy in norway // Dec 24, 2012 at 12:07 PM

I am so glad obertan is back, this guy is going to save pardew, with his direct running , his zero crosses, him just jogging back to help Simpson , with both Jonas and obertan in the team we can not fail,

I’m thinking that poor striker cisse doesn’t deserv to even be in the squad, let alone team,
    What the hell is Marv thinking, he can play prem football, he should be lucky he is even in the prem, not fit enough to lace obertans a boots

I see a team full of spirit, willing to run through walls for pardew

I’m so glad we got a winner in charge of us, he has won so much, we should be lucky

I forget how many trophies he has won as a player and manager , but it has to be a lot, that is what winners do, they bring the best out of everyone around them

You are blind if you carnt see that,

• 43 WWYCD // Dec 24, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Shola withdrawn from Nigeria squad once again giving up something for NUFC how people don’t love the bloke I’ll never know

• 44 KrulG4ME // Dec 24, 2012 at 12:11 PM

@ Transfer Sage post 40

Ba is away why have a clause inserted in your contract if that was not your intention.

We need imo 2 forwards / wingers when ba goes will never happen like.

We need a right back an international quality cb.

And last but not least our injured players back and to their best.

Would love to see this team.

Krul

Debuchy Sakho/Yanga-Mbiwa Colo Santon

Sissoko/Tiote Cabaye Anita

Ben arfa Cisse Remy

• 45 Spreadthetoon // Dec 24, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Catchy
    Great sarcasm lad…..and agree things are frustrating …..but we are where we are….Pardew does sadly seem quite hapless at times, but I often hear from you about what’s not going well for the team but rarely understand what solutions you would proffer to us….I am sure you often have some great points to your posts….but sadly your frustrations can often mask any solutions you may have.

Btw might be a naive idea but would HBA and Marv playing side by side interchangeably work as an excellent creative option? I.e one play wing the other CAM but they interchange….?

• 46 catchy in norway // Dec 24, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Shola only gets 2.5 mill per year, around 500,000 per goal per year , that is cheap compared to players like heran crespo, shevchenco, shola has devoted his life to us

God bless him n this festive period

• 47 KrulG4ME // Dec 24, 2012 at 12:21 PM

@ Catchy post 42

Negativity and sarcasim what a happy bunny you are. Pardew has not had his first team 11 all season and although we are 14th we are still only 10 points off 4th. With players coming back and hopefully a few decent signings we will climb that table and close that gap. Try having a little look at the bright side for a change after all this squad got us a 5th place finish last season.

• 48 KrulG4ME // Dec 24, 2012 at 12:24 PM

@ spread the toon post 45

Love that idea of marveux and ben arfa interchanging postions we all know ben arfa is utter class and I really feel marv is that player too just needs a good run of games

• 49 Transfer Sage // Dec 24, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Ba could have left in the summer too but didnt.

If he stays we don’t need a forward now, would be good though but not at the expense of a defender.

I agree he might well leave but if he doesn’t we don’t need to sign a forward yet

• 50 catchy in norway // Dec 24, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Spread

Playing higher up the pitch would be a great start,

He seems to start with Jonas on the left of a front 3 , I’m sure Marv would be a better option there,

Swapping Jonas for santon, would be an option to,

Not playing cisse as a right winger might work to, the boy is a finisher,

His hands Rnt as tied as he makes out,

But I have said for a while now, he is losing the dressing room,

Ba
    Cisse
    Colo
    Cabaye
    Tiote

Are not happy, and that is there for all to see, senior players will have a big say in Pardews future,

I’m loving it

• 51 Spreadthetoon // Dec 24, 2012 at 12:31 PM

KrulG4ME

Yeah its just an idea….not sure it would work but it could do…IMO ideal team/ Transfer window
    ———————-Krul——————–
    DEBUCHY…YANGA MBWIA…Collo..Santon

—————–Tiote/Bigi/Anita—————

Hba—-Marv–Cabs/SISSOKO——REMY

——————-Cisse———————

I am not asking for much….just 4 players which IMO we should have signed in the summer!

• 52 Krul to be Kind // Dec 24, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Anth – great post for a first post!

Catchy – why the sarcasm, has someone recently tried to clip your wings?

We just won on Saturday and the mood still seems to be the same, pretty low if you ask me why is this, we re currently being linked to some smashing talent and IMO there is no smoke without fire even if it is dragging up old targets, Remy, Sakho (immense player, genuinely excited about this one), ‘he whom should not be named’, Douglas, Sissokho.

Even if they don’t come off, at least it gives us some hope (I personally would rather false hope than no hope!)

Merry Christmas to all the lads on the blog, 6 points out of 9 over Xmas/new year does me, UTD – don’t think we have any chance
    Arsenal – very beatable, even at the emirates
    Everton – most beatable out of the 3, first game at SJP in 2013!

I do believe we have progressively got our act together in recent weeks and I really am hoping we push on, I mentioned a while back about Norwich kicking off I a great run when they had UTD and Arsenal looming and picked up 6 points!

I believe in Santa!

• 53 Transfer Sage // Dec 24, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Catchy

A higher line would be good but we don’t have much pace at the back to handle a high line.

Cisse should be a striker or benched, no point him on the right, offers less than a proper wide man would.

Although Ba may be off we need to use him whilst he is still here, he is scoring.

Jonas I ok to play a DM role but only if tiote isn’t fit. Both of then is too defensive as neither can really play the ball well.

I’d like marvoux to have a crack, especially whilst cabaye and Ben arfa are out.

Pardew is making mistakes but would we get a better manager in mid season? I doubt it.

• 54 toonincheek // Dec 24, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Remy may have been worth £12 million two years ago – when presumably he was showing some good form.
    Now – he’s not showing good form and times are hard.
    £9-10 million seems fair.

Could be a good thing having half the French team playing for us – then again, look at where France are in the world rankings (though I put a lot of that down to the manager)

• 55 Ketsbaia9 // Dec 24, 2012 at 12:33 PM

• 59 Transfer Sage // Dec 24, 2012 at 12:38 PM

My team for man utd

Krul
    Simmo–willo–colo–santon
    Obertan–Anita–Jonas—marvoux
    ———Ba—–shola———

Not a huge fan of 442 but Ba plays well with shola in that formation and with injuries and suspensions we are limited.

It also gives us a good option on the bench with cisse to come on if we need to change it up.

• 60 KrulG4ME // Dec 24, 2012 at 12:39 PM

@ 49

Lets not forget Ba had the limelight stole from him in the second half of last season and scored only 1 goal after the arrival of Cisse. Hence he kicked off to be played through the middle and Cisse has lost form and has lacked goals. I believe Ba has put himself right back in the shop window and think its likely he will leave in January. Thanks for that Ba.

True we have needed defenders for 3 windows but the squad is lacking an experienced forward and will be lacking 2 if Ba leaves. The priority has to be to fill these voids as all are prioritys. There is simply no excuse for not having a competetive squad with all positions covered and the sooner Cashly realises this the sooner he can get his mitts on next seasons TV cash.

• 61 Ketsbaia9 // Dec 24, 2012 at 12:41 PM

So, there’s no reason why Marveaux should not play then.

• 62 Spreadthetoon // Dec 24, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Catchy
    Agree that Jonas has sadly lost that bit of pace which was integral to his game as a winger and am uncertain why he continues to play him there….but tbf wasn’t it stated this week that he’s been carrying an injury…….he wasn’t atrocious at QPR or Man City…probably his best games this season….but IMO if AP wants to play 4-4-2 then you need WIDTH and PACE. Jonas played as a DM during the latter end of last season and I thought he did well there….and that’s where I see his future…..not sure the spider will be willing to see that….its tough for any player
    As for Santon…..I think him along with Anita this year have been good but Santon is often out of place defensively….so playing him as a wing could have some merit in it long term.

Whilst I agree that AP has not been great this season and am often frustrated with his lack of tactical awareness…….I would not wish to see the team implode as that does not bode well for us – NUFC – long term…..if AP has lost the dressing room…then sadly that’s that and you very rarely come back from that…..not ever IMO. Hope he hasn’t lost ‘em coz that would just compound what is already a tough season. Also I cannot see many managers willing to work along MA/DL – I can think of two NUFC legends who cannot stand ‘em and they’re not the only ones! Tbh my patience is wearing thin with AP, but I still hope he can turn things round….and I was impressed with last year…not just 5th place….but we played some attractive football and I’ve not seen that since Bobby – God bless him. Besides if AP goes…who would you realistically bring in?

• 63 Transfer Sage // Dec 24, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Mauritius

Nothing new.

Just still know there are about 10 targets and the club will bring in 3-4 players too. Just heard we will be pushing for targets very very hard….I posted a list about 1 month ago.

Hooper
    Wanyama
    Sakho
    Pieters
    Debuchy
    Cissohko
    Douglas
    Yanga-mbiwa
    Remy
    Llana

That’s what I heard. Ideally the club want two defenders and a forward but from what I understand a misfielder will be bought but not priority

• 64 catchy in norway // Dec 24, 2012 at 12:48 PM

TS

We got this great manager half way into a season

We could get lucky again
    Or we could say
    We won’t be unlucky twice

Answer this

We had ago at city & we were never going to win
    Against QPR we sat off them

Why attack the teams your likely to lose and defend against the teams you should be beating easy at home

We do not need our best team to win every game just a one good enough, this I’m sure we have

• 65 ToonMauritius // Dec 24, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Transfer Sage
    thanks amigo

• 66 Transfer Sage // Dec 24, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Krul game

No doubt Ba is wanting to be in the shop window. Exactly why he wanted a central role to get goals…also it’s his favourite position and he has earned the right to play there.

I don’t mind him being there…what annoys me is that we still play cisse but it doesn’t work. Cisse needs to be central alone or benched…that’s the biggest mistake in all of this.

• 67 KrulG4ME // Dec 24, 2012 at 12:49 PM

@ 51

I defo agree we should of signed more players in the summer, And would love that team. What you are hopeing for is by rights what we should have a full squad capable of competing at the highest level and competion for places. Lets hope this is rectified in January

• 68 Tsunki // Dec 24, 2012 at 12:52 PM

I have come to the conclusion catchy is like a bin lid on a windy day. All that stuff he bangs on about doesn’t disguise he knows very little except how to get himself wound up. Give us a rest its a time of cheer.

Hi kets – how will we do against Man U? Of course I realise we should be hammering substandard teams like that every day of the week.

Breathing into a paper bag helps, everybody, try it when you are panicking about the transfer window, helps me a lot ha ha.

• 69 Transfer Sage // Dec 24, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Catchy

I agree we have picked the wrong games to attack in.

But we did attack qpr, we just weren’t very effective at it with the players in the pitch. We should have had marvoux on as he created the goal.

But really though you don’t often get a good manager in the middle of the season, not at our level anyway.

• 70 catchy in norway // Dec 24, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Can I just say pardew was a great up and coming manager 10 years ago, but failed to live up to that,
    Like shola, still waiting for him to shine

Finishing 5th was great, but while this guy is running the club it will never happen again

I think you would be very surprised at who would want to take the job, when pardew got it, jol was asking for it, and would have been a better choice

• 71 Tsunki // Dec 24, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Y…….a………w………………….n

• 72 Transfer Sage // Dec 24, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Catchy

Not saying we can do better, but when in the middle of the season not many would take over I don’t think.

• 73 KrulG4ME // Dec 24, 2012 at 12:59 PM

@ 66

I tend to agree with you however Cisse was the outstanding performer from the get go of his toon career. And made that position his own til ba spat out his dummy. I agree only one should play and they should not be played together, but i do think cisse should have been first choice start of season. Now ba has earned that position back but I fear he will leave now. I think Cisse should be played ahead of Ba unless ba signs anew contract without that clause, And if Cisse does not score after first hour bring ba on in his place. I remember this happened at Everton and ba come on and saved our arses but even the best players dont score every game so cisse should of got the chance the next game and so on until pardew thought he should be dropped.

• 74 Transfer Sage // Dec 24, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Meant to say

Not saying we can’t do better

• 75 BelfastMagpie // Dec 24, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Maybe Ashley could learn a thing or too from his mate Charles Green the rangers owner. ;)

CHARLES GREEN has the following Christmas message for the club’s fans:

‘TWAS the night before Christmas and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.
    Except of course Ally McCoist, whose been banging on my door asking: “When can I spend that £10m?”.
    Right behind him was Jim Traynor, the man with the perfect face for radio. Not content with being the forthcoming star of Rangers TV, he still thinks he should be playing for the team.
    All of us at Ibrox are enjoying the season of goodwill but there must be something wrong with the postman. No Christmas cards have arrived from Dundee United, the SFA or the SPL. Never mind, maybe they’ll be in the last post.
    I’d love to be able to toast every Rangers fan with something special but as a teetotaller, it’s lemonade or nothing. All the same the supporters of this club deserve a toast more than ever.
    Before I came to Ibrox I had no idea how much pain our fans were enduring. With the torment of administration and all that followed, there seemed no end to it with our fans taking it on the chin from everyone and their auntie baying for blood in the name of sporting integrity. Take it on the chin they did and they did not flinch.
    I doubt there’s another club in the world where the supporters could take everything thrown at them and yet stand so tall and proud. The outstanding efforts of our fans in supporting this club this year has been shown to audiences around the world by the many foreign TV stations who have visited Ibrox to chart the fall and rise of Rangers.
    It is quite a story and we are glad that we are ending this year on a high note. Attendances at Ibrox have been breathtaking. We are also delighted to be made welcome in the SFL Division 3 and know we’re making a difference to the league. We’ve also been pleased to fill the stockings financially of all the clubs we’ve played this season.
    The club is on the way back and our admission to the London Stock Exchange last week was yet another important milestone on that journey.
    I would, on behalf of the board of directors of Rangers, like to express our deep gratitude to every Rangers fan. You are the greatest and we wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
    Oh there’s a delivery from the SFA and it’s a big bundle. Either it is thanks for rejuvenating and refreshing Scottish football or it’s another pile of disrepute charges. See you at Ibrox on Boxing Day.

Maybe Ashley should send LLambias up to Ibrox for a few weeks on work experience lol

• 76 Transfer Sage // Dec 24, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Krul game

Yeh I think if Ba wanted the central role he should have been. 2nd choice to cisse until Ba earned it back from him.

The problem is with Ba’s release clause and how Ashley works in the transfer market if Ba went as he was unhappy it could be a year or more until he was replaced

• 77 ToonMauritius // Dec 24, 2012 at 1:05 PM

for info guys

• 78 MosesNUFC // Dec 24, 2012 at 1:15 PM

A successful transfer window would be:
    Budget: 15m + 9.5m = 24.5m to spend
    IN: Remy, Debuchy/Santos, Ince (maybe), sissoko, Kouyate Spent: 21m (Mbia and djibril cisse in the summer because they’re going to be axed by QPR)
    OUT: Simpson, Ba, Gosling, Jonas Income: 9.5m
    =top 8
    A poor transfer window would be:
    Remy and a CB
    Out: Ba, Simpson
    =14th-9th
    We need to cash in on simpson, gosling and jonas and maybe willo at the end of the season. Jonas is past his peak, gosling has no potential, simpson wants a move to london. Ba wants 90k a week, i think the solution is we can only have one of the dembas. move on from ba, play cisse in ST role of 433 and get him back to goalscoring form and put remy on the left wing or rotate him with cisse. So at the end of january i’d like to see something like this:
    4-3-3
    Krul
    Debuchy/Santon
    Kouyate
    Coloccini
    Santon/Santos

Cabaye
    Tiote
    Sissoko/Anita

Ben Arfa
    Cisse
    Remy/Ince

• 79 geordie157 // Dec 24, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Wonder what the back up option is if we fail to get Remy, Doumbia possibly? Can’t really think of other targets we’d want who can play through the middle and also on the left/right of a front trio.

• 80 papattack // Dec 24, 2012 at 1:28 PM

ba’s the only regular scorer for us and until he leaves we need to take advantage of that and build the team around him. start ameobi and drop cisse. hopefully marveaux starts too, he actually goes someway to providing creativity that we lack due to ben arfa and cabaye missing.

as for transfer window the fact we are linked with strikers when we need a center back more than any other position worries me, we need a striker too but cb is priority for me

• 81 mattyNUFC // Dec 24, 2012 at 1:35 PM

home we get a better FB than Debuchy

what we really need (ha, remember when there will endless debates on this but considering santon has yet to tally an assist or goal, i think it’s pretty obvious now) is LB capable of using his left foot first time if needed. (not fergie).

santon on the right from now on please

• 82 Mister Tuff // Dec 24, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Tsunki @68.
    You appear not to understand “the bag techinque”.
    Could I suggest the following ammendments:-
    1. Use a plastic bag.
    2. Put it over your head.

• 83 lee1892 // Dec 24, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Sir Shola is NOT going to the African cup of nations – Lee Ryder has confirmed it on Twitter

• 84 Ketsbaia9 // Dec 24, 2012 at 1:59 PM

We’ll probably re-sign N’Zogbia in Jan.

• 85 rknufc // Dec 24, 2012 at 2:01 PM

new chant for next match lads :)
    He could have been killed,
    He could have been killed,
    Robin Van Persie,
    He could have been killed.
    or else you can replace could with should

• 86 Gateshead-Mag // Dec 24, 2012 at 2:02 PM

hahahahahaha classic

you heard it here first zog to the toon in january

• 87 Gateshead-Mag // Dec 24, 2012 at 2:03 PM

rknufc

i prefer;

when the ball hit his head,
    and he could have been dead

ITS VAN PERSIEEEE (to amore choon)

• 88 nick_9 // Dec 24, 2012 at 2:12 PM

MattyNufc – santon has an assist, it was against Wigan if I remember rightly. Took a shot, keeper parried it and Ba tapped it in. Ido agree with your point though, Santon looks better at crossing from the right but you would lose his shooting on the left side. He will score eventually but it would be nice if we had players who could put a first time ball in. A left foote full back with santon on the right and then sort the wingers out too.

• 89 HBA Blood Twister // Dec 24, 2012 at 2:16 PM

Anyone thinking Jonas will be dropped for the Man Utd game has a very poor understanding of the game.

He was taken off against QPR because we didn’t need the defensive side of his game as they were offering nothing going forwards.

I suspect he was also taken off to save him for the work he will have to put in against Valencia and Rafael on boxing day.

Lets not forget although Jonas isn’t always the most productive going forward he is almost always our best player when we have to play the bigger teams. Especially those with attacking full-backs and wingers like Man Utd.

• 90 Gateshead-Mag // Dec 24, 2012 at 2:21 PM

hba blood twister

im sorry mate but iv gotta disagree, hes been absolutely in-affective for countless games this season. what you say about his defensive play is right but surely he should be played either centrally or in a second bank of 3.

as a winger or 3rd forward he has been a waste of a starting place

• 91 Gateshead-Mag // Dec 24, 2012 at 2:23 PM

and to say you should play him out wide to combat valencia on the wings just proves how inaffective he would be going forward.

id be happy to see him at left back even with santon moved to the right

• 92 Gateshead-Mag // Dec 24, 2012 at 2:25 PM

you dont see any of the top teams playing defensive players on the wings. young, valencia, nani. would any of these be considered the kind of player jonas is now??

for me his game has completely changed over the last season and a half but unfortunately where he is being played has not

• 93 Alan Pas-de-clue // Dec 24, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Pardew said if we lose one player we will bring in two, so by that logic if we lose two we will bring in 3.

As I see it Ashley, as a businessman will want to protect his investment and will probably provide funds in january.

Being optimistic, this is what i believe.

As I see it, the douglas deal died last summer, and we are still looking for a cb a rb and a st. We have enough cm unless somebody leaves so IMO all rumours surrounding sissoko are unfounded.

The Ba for Sakho swap deal sounds very plausible and beneficial to both sides, i would say this is very possible,

As it seems we are looking to offload marveaux, possibly as a makeweight for remy and to replace ba.

Finally it seems simpson is off to a london club, the writing has been on the wall for this one for sometime, and i believe there are still legs in the debuchy rumour… he wants to come here, the club wants him etc.

however that is 3 players out, so by AP logic 4 should come in? i would be willing to bet another youngster.

All purely speculation of course, but interesting nonetheless.

• 94 Marty-Toon // Dec 24, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Don’t know why we need Santon on the right as he does big damage on the left although I understand the thought with him being right footed but that what causes defenses problems as they’re not sure if he’ll cut in or not and he’s very effective.
    I’d rather him be at LW with Fergie behind him

• 95 Alan Pas-de-clue // Dec 24, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Also, i understand some peoples logic with guttierez, as he essentially plays left back allowing santon to run forward- except he doesnt he drifts into cdm and leaves space behind.

Guttierez is no longer our best winger, hes not good enough to be a starting fullback or cdm,

you make the players fit the system not the otherway round, and pardew is trying to accommodate all of his preferred players into a 433, i.e. cisse lw

At the moment our best team would be

Simpson Willo Colo Santon
    Anita Perch Tiote (when not suspended)
    Obertan Cisse (Ba leaving) Marveaux

Round pegs in round holes.

• 96 darrenfletcher88 // Dec 24, 2012 at 2:47 PM

We will no when he’s going to sign when he’s at th Benton training ground!!! Hate story’s like this, no one nos nout!!!!! Except the powers that be,no one!!

• 97 nick_9 // Dec 24, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Have to agree with Alan pas-de-clue @ 2:46

We seem to try and fit certain players into a system and everything else goes out the window. Cisse isn’t a winger and an actually winger would be more effective, Jonas is no longer a winger so why is he being player there. It is indeed a waste of a position if you ask me, Santon is more of a winger but when Jonas played on the wing more against QPR santon stopped his runs as much and stayed behind more often. Why do we need to play three or in some cases since the hba injury four defensive midfielders? Anita looks great in the middle when he has players on either side but when he went over to the right wing it restricted him a bit. It’s annoying because we’re only a few key players off having a good balanced eleven with a good few backup players.

• 98 Alan Pas-de-clue // Dec 24, 2012 at 3:03 PM

I think three in midfield suits us with the type of players we have, as good as cabaye and anita are they would not be capable of a midfield two they need someone bossing behind.

I stand with many here in believing ba is the problem, however i do not blame him as others do. If you are a free scoring striker and you get shunted out onto the wing its going to annoy you. we accept and understand the petulance from cisse but not from ba? its double standards to me.

Unfortunately for Ba, Cabaye cisse anita tiote hba marveaux are all used to 433, so he may have to swallow his ego or accept the bench. he played on the left of a 433 at hoffenheim and also at west ham, why is it such a big deal for us? because someone else scores more than him?

• 99 check the toastie // Dec 24, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Think Pardew doesnt want any new signings as he enjoys his excuses.

Him and Cashley are a match made in heaven.

What would Pardew say once we had an international footballer in every position, not sure but some on here would buy it.

Some people have a total blind faith bordering on Fanatic.

I now present a new world religion.

Pardewism – like most religions really, following some distorted logic on how to progress, mainpulating the general population into believing that the good of the many is represented and doctrined by the chosen few, as most preachers are eventually found out to be charlatans, Pardews time will come.

Merry Xmas all.

PARDEW OUT.

• 100 Tsunki // Dec 24, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Mr tuff – that hurt. :( such bitterness, and for what? People can be so cruel.

Btw have you demonstrated the technique yet? Have to know if it worked firat. ;)

• 101 check the toastie // Dec 24, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Pardew has just told Derek and Ashley to give Jonas a new contract extension, just signed a few months ago, if he starts dropping him he looks like a tw#t, there is the reason Jonas is playing, to save Parsnips face, nothing to do with form or ability, its a joke.

PARDEW OUT.

• 102 t00ntime // Dec 24, 2012 at 3:15 PM

How can u complain we have to many defensive players?
    We pretty much only have 3 CM’s (cause of injury) tiote, perch and anita.
    RW was attacking
    LW was defensive, so only player we cud of changed was jonas. And for who? Marv who has had 1 good game in 8 (yes i agree he deserves more playing time but i dont believe he is as good as sum of you make out) or obertan who lets face it still has major problems (getting better though, too bad when hba is back he will have to fight for a plave with our best player).O and anita wasnt even defensive, he was linking midfield and attack. (cabayes normal role) and may i say, anita is very good at it.
    I just think its funny that people say “ooo we were waaat to defensive” as if were playing like QPR.

O and check the toastie, i’m just going to hope (/pretend) that was a joke or else all hope really is lost for you.

• 103 nick_9 // Dec 24, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Toontime do you even watch us? Perch and tiote are they attacking players? No. Is Jonas an attacking player? He tried more against qpr but he failed miserably. Anita was the only player who is good at linking up play nobody is arguing we don’t have injuries to key attacking players but if you look at the side as a whole were is the attacking players? Santon and Anita that’s it. Simpson cannot attack, nor can Jonas and it isn’t required role for perch and tiote. Even the old fashioned 442 had two genuine wingers one defensive midfielder and one attacking midfielder.

• 104 Alan Pas-de-clue // Dec 24, 2012 at 3:26 PM

I know many people dont like this as its all speculation. but im gonna do it anyway

Out: Ba, Marveaux, Simpson
    In: Debuchy, Remy, Sakho net spend around 13m

Krul
    Debuchy Sakho Colo Santon
    Anita Cabaye Tiote
    HBA Cisse Remy

quite a nice team ;)

• 105 BWFFBW // Dec 24, 2012 at 3:31 PM

My team v Man Utd:

Krul
    Simmo–willo–colo–santon
    Obertan–Anita—marvoux-Jonas
    ———Ba—–shola———

• 106 Alan Pas-de-clue // Dec 24, 2012 at 3:32 PM

BWFFBW that cm would get torn apart by man u

• 107 nick_9 // Dec 24, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Look at Swansea taking their game to man united, I wish we could do that and not have the mentality of playing players like Jonas sacrificing attack for Defense. Since when did Geordies like defensive minded players? We love flair players, attacking full backs/wingers and so on. Our best midfield would consist of:

Hba, Anita, cabaye, tiote, marveaux/obertan.

Those players for me would be hard to handle for most teams and should be given a chance in a 4:2:3:1, 4:3:3 or a 4:5:1 when they are all fit. Let other teams worry about us. Sign the ball playing centre back we need as the extra one player, if Simpson goes sign a let back/right back who can get forward and defend, if Ba goes sign remy or whoever and if tiote leaves sign sisokko or Diame. We’re only a few key players off having a very good eleven and a good few backup players.

• 108 ONLINE GUY // Dec 24, 2012 at 3:42 PM

4th from bottom for Ashley ..that’ll do !

• 109 ONLINE GUY // Dec 24, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Shefki Kouqi was in Fenwick’s on Saturday…Said my Daughter…Wonder if he is the BA replacement ?

• 110 Mister Tuff // Dec 24, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Tsunki @ 99.
    apologies -just could not resist the joke -nothing intended.

• 111 ONLINE GUY // Dec 24, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Fingers and toes crossed really this transfer window ..Ashley tend’s not to panic…But he has much to loose if we get relegated

My real thoughts on the matter are that BA will not go anywhere cause only a nutter club could afford him and his fees..QPR anyone ? and Arse wont break a wage structure for a risky Knee. So who does that leave ?

No one ?

• 112 Alan Pas-de-clue // Dec 24, 2012 at 3:49 PM

psg want ba, ba wants psg. he will be happy to sulk on the bench for them

• 113 ONLINE GUY // Dec 24, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Maybe PSG for BA ? Only real option apart from QPR..and I don’t ever think that’s going to happen. BA is just tooo expensive to take a risk on .

• 114 catchy in norway // Dec 24, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Toontime

You and other pro Pardew fans make it sound like we have been poor for only a few games this season

The fact is we have been poor in almost every one , some of those games we had a full team out on the pitch .ie his so called best players

He said we have been playing well of late , sorry I have to disagree with that , Fulham stoke man c we lost , man c could have been a cricket score in the first half,
    We beat a ten man Wigan and just scapped past QPR
    This is hardly a sign for rejoice , The Lord has saved us

For a few of us , this was there for all to see in last season, poor football and lots of good luck, I think many have that old saying wrong , the sign of a good team is when they play poor and win, when you play poor every week and lose more than you win , that means your a poor team
    We have to many blind fanatics on here that don’t see what is wrong and point the finger everywhere but at Pardew
    And I could probably understand that more if we had a manager with a pedigree of winning things, but we don’t , we have a manager who has has a highest position of 9th in the prem and an FA cup final under his belt, he has never won the championship , he has a history of unrest at former clubs, never lasts more than 2 seasons,
    Bare in mind over 10 year ago he was one of England’s bright new managers,
    In 10 years he has not learned to drop that stubborn streak he has, he still plays defensive football,
    Ppl today are saying well there is only one change he could have made; bullshit, ppl keep saying marv is his only other option, and even if it was why not try it,
    This started last season when h started to play cabaye as a DMC along with tiote, then I got worse . At the start of this season he plays 3 DMC , this is not a manger looking to win games , but a one trying not to lose

I welcome all the new signings that may come in jan, I really do, my only wish is that he don’t piss any more of our good players off before the end of the season, as it will be there for all to see he carnt motivate for the rest of the season, as he has struggled to do so up to now,

Other than the other 2 argies at west ham this is the he’s squad he has ever had; and I’m more than sure any number of us could do a much better job than him right now,

If his statements bamboozle us most of the time , I can only imagine what the players most be thinking,
    I’m yet to see AP the winner , so that speech to colo was way off base ,

From his time at west ham, I bet both colo and jonas have spoke to havie and tevez and got the truth ,

The guy believes all his own hype, instead of just getting the job done,,..

PARDEW OUT ASAP

• 115 catchy in norway // Dec 24, 2012 at 4:03 PM

If you are looking for a guy to take over until we find a new guy in the summer

Our very own Peter Beardsley , he could do it, I have watched the reserves a few times this season, he has them attacking

• 116 catchy in norway // Dec 24, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Nick 9

Look at Chelsea

Mata Oscar hazzard all in the mf, at the same time

• 117 obatoyou // Dec 24, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Hope we can bring in some players in jan, just ticked over 12 o clocl here in australia, merry christmas, keep safe. Happy to share it with you. Just took a quick squiz at the bbc comments sections, man, have to stop reading after 5 seconds, every post is hate filled spite, so glad our criticism of each other is constructive and HWTL! Man u 0-1 Newcastle

• 118 Spreadthetoon // Dec 24, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Though Pardew said if we lost a player we would replace them with two. So imo if Ba goes and he’s already talking of three in then surely we Ba out that’s 4 new signings!
    Likewise 3 out then 6 in. Quite frankly I do not trust any of the guff that comes out from the club these days. Tellin’ ya we got to sign players with intent and competition for the 1st team, not more mediocre fringe players not ready for the EPL, let alone NUFC. No more excuses on that…and AP has gotta turn things round…..I see some improvement but we’re still way off the mark IMO.

• 119 ONLINE GUY // Dec 24, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Players I think are a perfect fit for Newcastle would have or could be ..Shane Long …Would work superbly with Cisse..and Berbatov… The link up play around the box would be first class.

I always think that crosses are so random ..you loose the ball 9 times outa 10 ..but on the deck with that Pair of players feeding Cisse would have the oppo having nightmares before the game .

The way Newcastle are playing everything chucked up to BA And Cisse is random ..We need to play it to feet as we seem to be a lot of kick and rush up front just now ..Its scatterbrain football with no patience it seems. Good way to loose the ball every time we get forward .

Mind, crosses from the bye line are the way to go ,,it’s getting there that’s the problem ..Deep crossing is usually gobbled up by the defenders ..unless your Barton And Carroll in tandem.. But crossing from the bye line with the forwards coming on to the ball is hard to defend.. as we all know

Crosses are so random in the scheme of things, if your looking at percentages .. Still. it’s all part of the joy of Football.

We need some joined up thinking up front . We are loosing the ball constantly after good midfield creativity.

Marvo needs to play against Man U and Arsenal..

HE also should be told to attack the box .. central, not out wide ,,he needs to draw the foul or have a pop ..this will work . Simple.

• 120 Spreadthetoon // Dec 24, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Likewise 3 out then 6 in +3 players in…surely – simples :)

• 121 ONLINE GUY // Dec 24, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Anyone know the ref for the Man U game ? It’s significant .

Sometimes you are playing against 12 men at old trafford

• 122 ONLINE GUY // Dec 24, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Was amazed to read the fact that if a Ref give’s a decision against Man U.. and Ferguson does not like it , that Referee does not get to ref them again ..most cases its a full year and in some cases ..never ! ..This is fact !

REf’s have been demoted to the minor leagues after Ferguson has moaned at the FA ..fact …Something has got to be done about this . Football is Shagged.

• 123 check the toastie // Dec 24, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Would actually think it would be right up Pardew’s street to start Marv at Old Trafford and when we take the inevitable pasting, due to Jonas and Simmo’s inability to keep the ball and total lack of movement, Marv will be the fall guy.

Dont actually think he will but wouldnt put it past the dumb c#nt. he is so out of his depth he’s getting armbands for Xmas.

Team Prediction that just beggers belief but is so predictable.

Krul
    Simpleton Willo Collo Santoon
    Perch Jonas
    Cisse Anita Obertan
    Blah

Yet again Cisse will be Mr Scapegoat, Jonas will probably do a few decent blocks which will ensure he is picked for the next month. :(

• 124 nick_9 // Dec 24, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Hopefully not Howard Webb! It would be nice if we could avoid defeat. Arsenal away is The easier festive tie of the two.

If we sign the few players we need and get some key players back we need to change our mentality. Good teams do not sit back and invite pressure, good teams go for that extra goal and Value their goal difference, they take it to the opposition regardless of who they are. Swansea, Everton, Tottenham and west brom all play their own game regardless of who they’re against.

• 125 ONLINE GUY // Dec 24, 2012 at 4:33 PM

check
    We are a bit weak right side of defence ..HO !

Saying that I expect Simpson to wake up for this one game.

• 126 ONLINE GUY // Dec 24, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Ferguson has said in the past ” soon as I seen the oppo’s team sheet I knew we would win”

That’s just a load of mind game..He is not that clever. ..What he should have said was the truth ” As soon as I seen who the Referee was ..I knew we would win”

And that folk’s is the real truth .

Football is full of hypocrite’s now ..Diver’s, Cheats And Ref’s that support Man U.

• 127 drewcessford // Dec 24, 2012 at 4:38 PM

I agree that getting Debuchy, Sakho, Sissoko and Remy would be a fantastic window – even losing Demba Ba. But… They would cost say £25m to £30m and I’ll be surprised if we get half of that to spend.

My XI vs Man Utd:

Krul
    Simpson Williamson Coloccini Santon
    Obertan Anita Perch Marveaux Jonas
    Ameobi

• 128 spitfire_ // Dec 24, 2012 at 4:39 PM

ONLINE GUY

Mike Dean is the ref

• 129 check the toastie // Dec 24, 2012 at 4:39 PM

ONLINE GUY – referee not named yet, however rumour is Sir Alex is nearly close to making an announcement.

Hope its the same one as last year who gave Benny that penalty. Unlikely he has been released from the Old Trafford Dungeons yet mind :)

Wonder if we can beat our world record of goalline clearances at Old Trafford, think it was broken with 42 last year, for a well earned draw. 33 of those were simpleson, he was cellotaped to the line mind you.

• 130 Indian Magpie // Dec 24, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Hi Guys just came here to say those 2 words

PARDEW OUT :evil:

• 131 ONLINE GUY // Dec 24, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Check ..brilliant ! hahah !

• 132 Indian Magpie // Dec 24, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Christmas is not until tomorrow ;)

• 133 catchy in norway // Dec 24, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Haha Indian

How dare you, ;)

Glad your not a sheep

Merry Xmas over there may all your Xmas wishes come true

• 134 Indian Magpie // Dec 24, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Catchy

Merry christmas. I saw your replied mail though

• 135 catchy in norway // Dec 24, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Check

Are you of the same opinion as me

No matter who the signings are , the football will still be defensive, filled with excuses

• 136 ONLINE GUY // Dec 24, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Spitfire ..Thank’s fer info.. Just going off to check Mike Deans record at OLD Trafford.(.It.s An Old Ground)

Iv Actually walked out of the Tunnel and stepped up onto the pitch with my Daughters and son.. After they had extended it ..I was not really impressed with the ground ..Its Still old .

It has not got the class of Newcastle’s ground ..seats are cramped and the fixtures and fittings are el cheapo..Really.

Mind the pitch is raised right up when you first hit the grass ..big step about 14 inches . you cant see that when you watch a televised match.

• 137 check the toastie // Dec 24, 2012 at 4:50 PM

It would be great to sign Remy, i am sure he’s looking forward to being told to constantly cover a full back.

Whats the point of signing anyone with a total tool in charge. Its not the squad that are making us struggle it is the tactics and management that are seeing us languish down the bottom of the league.

In three games time we will be bottom three. Mackems above us. People need to switch on now and say PARDEW OUT.

The only thing that will save us is QPR, Reading and SOTON being so poor its untrue.

• 138 catchy in norway // Dec 24, 2012 at 4:54 PM

I did :)

• 139 check the toastie // Dec 24, 2012 at 5:00 PM

ONLINE GUY – dont know if i am biased, but i have to say there is nowhere better to watch football than St James Park, the whole place for me just gives me goosebumps, i think its the air of togetherness, one city club, maybe its just i am mostly half cut by kick off,

Just love the place, i find it the biggest injustice in football that the place hasnt seen silverware delivered in years, gutting, and sorry but no i wont give Pardew time, he has had enough, and is unconvincing in every thing he does.

It tortures me the shite line ups and chronic performances his teams give, almost spoiliing my Xmas, but not quite.

We need to find a manager who is going to embrace modern footballing philosophy, just look at what Rodgers has done, single minded, a tw#t to listen to, however his team is going places, Enrique will have the last laugh.

• 140 ONLINE GUY // Dec 24, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Ray Wood ..my Uncle… RIP….played for Man U.. and Newcastle..England Etc.. btw…I still cant bide Man U..It’s Ferguson’s fault..Ref’s in his pocket ..Fa in tow ..it’s all false and Football is Shagged till the day he disappears altogether. He has to much sway and influence ..that amounts to cheating from all parties concerned resulting in an unfair playing field ..It ain’t level folk’s

• 141 Dyer8 // Dec 24, 2012 at 5:12 PM

vs Man U

—————Krul
    Simmo–Willo–Collo–Santon
    ———–Anita–Perch–Jonas
    Obertan—————————-
    ————–Ameobi—Ba

• 142 ONLINE GUY // Dec 24, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Check

Next time you think St James park has gone a bit less noisy than usual ..cup your hands behind your ears and aim your head anywhere in the ground ..the noise is excruciating .. So painful on your ears that you wont be able to take it for more than 7 seconds. I’m off to do some train spotting ..sorry…

• 143 breno95 // Dec 24, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Catchy
    Post @ 4pm.
    You state Pardew has a highest EPL finish of 9th and a FA cup final defeat. Have you forgotten that as manager of NUFC he achieved a 5th place finish last season?
    I think it’s Nick 9 who was saying if this players goes and that one goes we should get the likes of Remy, Sakho, Sissoko etc etc and then what a great team it will be. Only problem with that is once injuries / suspensions hit you are back to the problem that exists now – a weak squad with no real quality beyond a decent starting 11.
    Have said it before and will say it again – who is Ba going to leave us for? Not one of the top 5 current teams will part with the money that is going to be needed to take him IMO and as for all this talk of him being selfish etc is the biggest load of tripe. No one who posts on here has the slightest of what occurs on the training ground or in the dressing room. Like everyone else you all only know as much as the next press article printed and let’s not pretend otherwise.
    As for Ba – he is the better footballer than Cisse end of and I hope he stays and 3 new faces do arrive which again if press reports are to be believed then the CB in Douglas should be a low fee, Pieters at FB should be a low fee and Sissoko for CM should be a low fee as all (possibly not Pieters) are free agents in the summer. All 3 could be got for 10million. Factor in the return of Cabaye, HBA & Saylor and keep the squad together then you have a strong squad for the 2nd half of the season to crack on in the EPL and EL.
    Those 3 at that cost is a reality and who knows a 10million bid for Remy may go through also.
    Talk of changing the manager is bullocks and for those who would the question is simple – who would you want? Or is it that you have all got your FIFA13 badges and could walk straight in and bring success.
    Have said myself the football this year and last year was woeful but that’s not just down to the manager. Players have to take responsibility too.

• 144 tehtolak // Dec 25, 2012 at 9:01 AM

This lar has great talent!! He can deliver, and score!

• 145 tehtolak // Dec 25, 2012 at 9:02 AM

This lad has great talent!! He can deliver, and score!

• 146 tehtolak // Dec 25, 2012 at 9:02 AM

This lad has great talent!!

previous post: Newcastle Now Linked With Fench International Center-Back

next post: Pardew – Ameobi Not Going To AFCON – Can He Do That?