The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Tiote – It’s All About The Team

9:14 am, Monday, December 24th, 2012 by Ed Harrison · 13 Comments

Cheick Tiote picked up yet another yellow card in the game on Saturday, and that’s five yellow cards so he is suspended for the game against Manchester United at Old Trafford.

shola ameobi scored qpr

Perch congratulates Shola after great winning goal

After the game Alan Pardew said he would play James Perch in that position on Wednesday afternoon. and the Newcastle manager also thought Perch had another fine game for the Magpies against second bottom QPR.

Cheick Tiote talked about the game on Saturday, which was Newcastle’s second league win in the last four games, but only our second win over the last twelve games in all competitions, and yes it’s been a barren spell.

This is what the Ivorian said:

“I think it was a good performance from everyone today. We knew what we had to do going into the game because of the results in the last two matches.””This game was an important one because we have two big games against Man United and Arsenal so today it was important to win and that’s what we did, so everyone’s happy. We played well as a team and we won the game.”

Newcastle will play Arsenal at the Emirates next Saturday in a late kick-off game, after facing the Red Devils on Wednesday afternoon, and then we have Everton at home on the following Wednesday evening.

As we said, Tiote will miss the trip to the current Premier League leaders, after he picked up the card around 63 minutes on Saturday, and he was then replaced shortly after that by manager Alan Pardew with Sylvain Marveaux, after 77 minutes.

Cheick talked about missing the Manchester game:

“It’s hard to miss a match, but that’s football.” “We’ve got good players in the squad and if I’m not playing then other players will take the chance to prove to the manager that they’re good players. Everything is about the team.”

Manchester United have some very good players and we are sometimes worried about some of our more fringe players that they will get found out – but we are hoping for a very solid game from James on Wednesday – and we know he is capable of that.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Cheick Tiote · James Perch · Newcastle News · Suspensions

13 responses so far ↓

• 1 Indian Magpie // Dec 24, 2012 at 9:15 AM

Beattie25

where did you get that from

• 2 Beattie25 // Dec 24, 2012 at 9:18 AM

But with a manager who lacks any skill, ability and testicular fortitude Tiote is guaranteed a start.

Along with Guti he has been the worst player this season.

However we know tiote can still play the game has he offers glimpses.

Gutierrez has gone.

• 3 Beattie25 // Dec 24, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Indian

It’s all over Twitter my good man

• 4 Beattie25 // Dec 24, 2012 at 9:24 AM

KYO

RE last post:

Ba will not leave. We will sell Cisse for £5 million and he will be played CF at Liverpool and score 30 goals.

Ba will sign a new 80k a week contract and his knee will explode after 5 minutes in the first Feb game,

We will be left with Shola up front on his own and be promptly relegated.

So says the fortune cookie.

• 5 catchy in norway // Dec 24, 2012 at 9:25 AM

2catchy in norway // Dec 24, 2012 at 9:03 AM

I find it strange that Pardew would come out and say he had an argument with colo

I think it went something like this

Colo – gaffa why we playing such defensive football, we are inviting pressure on us and you know I have Wilo next to me

Pards- hey you curly haird muppet , I’m a winner , I got manager of the year, I know what doing , if you don’t shut up jonas will ge t your job too,

Colo – but boss , these shit teams keep turning up at our ground like lambs to the slaughter and I think if we attacked them a bit more we might score a few goals,

Pards – colo my dear son , you have so much to learn, your young , 1 goal is all you need, and if you do you job right that’s all we should need

Colo- boss I used to feel like a winner , you keep telling me I’m a winner , but losing these games makes me feel like a loser ,

Pards- the trick is to tell yourself you win whaaallaaa your a winner.

Colo – you sure boss,?

Pards- yes , trust me, ferguson rates me, so I must be right

Do as I say and we are both winners

• 6 Beattie25 // Dec 24, 2012 at 9:26 AM

I think its awful asking Ameobi to stay.

1 chance at a major international competition the lad will get and we’ve convinced him to stay.

That question should have never been asked.

We truly are no longer a football club, its just business.

• 7 eaststandgeordie1982 // Dec 24, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Beattie

Must of been a canny size fourtune cookie to have that inside

• 8 Oleg G // Dec 24, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Battie, that’s a bit harsh. Tiote isn’t that bad. He had his bad games and moments this season but he is not even in the top 5 bad players of this season.

Guti and Simmo are up there, together with Willo.

Marv. should get some place in the starting 11. 4-5 games in a row. He has quality and we are missing that very much right now.

• 9 catchy in norway // Dec 24, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Beattie

Sounds about right

Then he will blame bad luck , you could not see that happening

• 10 Beattie25 // Dec 24, 2012 at 9:28 AM

So true Catchy.

You missed the bit where even Colo calls for Guti to be dropped.

• 11 Beattie25 // Dec 24, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Maybe a bit harsh, but for the level he usually plays at he has massively under performed for me. We expect it from Simmo and Willo etc…

I just think this season has shown what a lack of competition does to a team, but there is no way we are going to go out and buy the 6-7 players we need. Not even 3-4 in my opinion.

I reckon we will sign 1, and that’ll be a small fry.

What does everyone else think about the window?

Honestly, with a week to go, how many do you think we’ll get if any at all?

p.s. all quotes may be used against you at a later date.

• 12 KrulG4ME // Dec 24, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Never seen replay of the challenge by Tiote but that ref Kevin Friend and his two linesmen were defo our enemy on saturday some shit decisions from where i was sitting felt like chucking coins at them but relised am not from moss side or salford

• 13 BWFFBW // Dec 24, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Beattie 25… another Doom and Gloom Footie Fan! Its easy to find the negative, huh Beattie? Cheer up mate, Christmas will be here and Santa will bring you a lump coal just like last year.

“We truly are no longer a football club, its just business.” Beattie 25

What is the difference? We are still a Football Club, but run with a business model. Just like every other FC in World, that wants to be productive. What do you propose, we run it like Portmouth FC? I know let’s not run it like a business, all seats are now FREE!

“All the other players should have had a chance to show what they could do in your place 10 games ago cos you’ve been shite all season.” Beattie25

What in world are you talking about and what other players are you referring too?? Tiote, while Ill admit hasn’t had the same season as last year, he top quality DM and he is our man that picks up the pieces when HBA gets stripped or the attack falls apart. Cabs slow start and injury hasn’t helped Tiote either, he has been forced to take on a bigger roll with our creative CMs hurt.

Stop being a Keyboard Warrior and support the Club in the good and bad times or just what you do and point fingers!

BlackWhiteForeverForeverBlackWhite