The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Vurnon Anita – The Most Creative Player Of The Week

8:56 am, Monday, December 24th, 2012 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 6 Comments

The English Premier League EPL Index site keeps statistics of all kinds about players in the Premier League,  and one of them after a round of games is who was the most creative player.

vurnon anita training

Vurnon Anita – most creative player in Premier League over weekend

And after the weekend’s game Vurnon Anita, who again was our Man of the Match with 40% of the vote, beating out goalscorer Shola Ameobi at 20% – was the most creative player in the Premier League.

Vurnon had a TCC ( Total Chances Created) score of 6 and he beat out the five scored by Carlos Tevez, Lois Suarez, Robin van Persie, Steven Gerrard and Stewart Downing.

That’s some company to be in, and thankfully Vernon has started to show us just what a class player he is in the last several weeks, and he’s topped out Man of the Match poll four times already.

Here’s all the information on the EPL Index site.

Vurnon took all the free kicks into the box and the corners for Newcastle on Saturday, and from one corner in the second half he hit the near post.

This lad’s a very good player, after a slow start earlier in the season.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Newcastle News · Premier League · Vurnon Anita

6 responses so far ↓

• 1 Indian Magpie // Dec 24, 2012 at 8:57 AM

If Going to the match is the only Criteria. Then why do PL clubs get millions from TV MONEY.

• 2 catchy in norway // Dec 24, 2012 at 9:03 AM

I find it strange that Pardew would come out and say he had an argument with colo

I think it went something like this

Colo – gaffa why we playing such defensive football, we are inviting pressure on us and you know I have Wilo next to me

Pards- hey you curly haird muppet , I’m a winner , I got manager of the year, I know what doing , if you don’t shut up jonas will ge t your job too,

Colo – but boss , these shit teams keep turning up at our ground like lambs to the slaughter and I think if we attacked them a bit more we might score a few goals,

Pards – colo my dear son , you have so much to learn, your young , 1 goal is all you need, and if you do you job right that’s all we should need

Colo- boss I used to feel like a winner , you keep telling me I’m a winner , but losing these games makes me feel like a loser ,

Pards- the trick is to tell yourself you win whaaallaaa your a winner.

Colo – you sure boss,?

Pards- yes , trust me, ferguson rates me, so I must be right

Do as I say and we are both winners

• 3 G // Dec 24, 2012 at 9:03 AM

VA is really adapting to the Prem far quicker than I anticipated. I expected him to be a bit like Colo, in being a bit slow to adapt in his first season, after all, he did come from a league where you tend to get a fortnight’s notice before being challenged. Once Cabaye comes back I can see Tiote sweating a bit on his place in the team. After all, his form has been dreadfull so far. Hope 2013 turns out to be a better year for him.

• 4 BigKirky // Dec 24, 2012 at 9:05 AM

That Lois Suarez is a canny dribbler mind

• 5 Beattie25 // Dec 24, 2012 at 9:13 AM

So Shola Ameobi has been convinced to stay in toon during the AFCON.

So i expect the striikers to line up like his from Feb onwards:

————————-BA———AMEOBI———————–

We were never going to get another forward once we convinced Ameobi to turn his back on Nigeria.

A sad day for us all.

• 6 Kyo // Dec 24, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Beattie

Ba is leaving… don’t you mean Cisse & Shola?

previous post: Ryan Nelson – St. James’ Park Was Like The Alamo