The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Pardew – Papiss Cisse Simply A Victim Of Injuries

9:54 am, Tuesday, December 25th, 2012 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 150 Comments

Alan Pardew gave his press conference yesterday for the game at Manchester United tomorrow, and he seemed upbeat after the hard-fought win against QPR, which we really needed, and he said it would be a busy Christmas Day for the manager and his players.

papiss cisse training gear

Papiss Cisse – work-rate praised by the manager

Newcastle will have a morning training session to prepare for the game at the Red Devils and then they will spend some time with their families before they board the plane to take them to Manchester for the game tomorrow afternoon, which has a normal 3:00 pm kickoff.

And Alan was asked about Papiss Cisse, who seemed visibly frustrated at being taken off amid boos from the Newcastle crowd on Saturday, but the Newcastle manager has paid tribute to Cisse’s work-rate, although the goals are not there this season – so far – with only four goals in all competitions for the Senegal captain.

But Alan Pardew said there were reasons for that:

“I think Papiss is just a victim of our injury program, if I’m honest” “Without Ben Arfa and Cabaye we’ve lacked a bit of flair and quality in the final third and of course if you’ve got that it creates moments for Papiss to finish.”

“He hasn’t had a lot moments in games but his work-rate, his commitment to the cause, cannot be faulted and we continue to work with him and hopefully he’ll get the goals soon.”

It’s going to be a tough game tomorrow afternoon, and we have a feeling that Shola Ameobi and Gabby Obertan will start the game, and maybe even Sylvain Marveaux, and it looks like the reliable and solid James Perch will fill in for the absent Cheick Tiote, who is banned from this game because he picked up his fifth booking against QPR.

We don’t really expect too much out of this game, but we want to see a fighting performance from our lads and some solid and determined defensive play.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Injuries · Newcastle News · Papiss Cisse

150 responses so far ↓

• 1 ginkoh // Dec 25, 2012 at 9:58 AM

I expect Shola and Ba upfront with Cisse kn the bench tomorrow

• 2 Beattie25 // Dec 25, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Because it’s Christmas I won’t say what I was going to

But if it wasn’t Christmas I would say that even with our ‘flair’ players PArdew has continued to play the awful long ball tactics that Colo and Ba have hit out about.

Discontent in the dressing room and stadia. PArdew on borrowed time? I think so! It is easier to lose and replace a manager than a full team of quality players.

With the news coming to light that Pardew would only get 1 years pay if sacked, I think he’ll be gone at the end of the season.

In other news it is Christmas so happy birthday Jesus.

• 3 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 25, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Howay Ed have a day off like its christmas go enjoy yourself!!!
    Happy christmas my fellow bloogers hope you all enjoy your day and lets all look forward to the toon stuffing manure tomorrow!!!

• 4 Oleg G // Dec 25, 2012 at 10:03 AM

I don’t expect it but I want to see Marv. playing.

Put him in the middle, give him the ball. He is a play-maker. A play-maker that we desperately need!

Shola, Cisse, Ba…. doesn’t matter for me really. They don’t create goals most of the time. They sometimes score them. Who is important is the midfield players who should be as creative as the injury situation allows us.

Just don’t put Cisse as a winger.

• 5 JAMSHA // Dec 25, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Newcastle 3-1 Man U…. howays….. cisse 2, Ba 1

• 6 Pardews Perfect Battleplan // Dec 25, 2012 at 10:11 AM

beattie you meanie.
    im surprised to see people on today. don’t you have families?

• 7 Dennis Twice // Dec 25, 2012 at 10:16 AM

no family, no christmas Toon! Toon! Toon!

• 8 Mister Tuff // Dec 25, 2012 at 10:18 AM

I think it is disgraceful at this time of year -goodwill to all men – that this cynical plot to defame Percy Parsnip has been exposed – re the row with Collocini.
    Percy has denied playing the long ball and has refuted such suggestions from match statistics, from pundits, from reporters, from fans, from SuperMac etc etc.
    Despite what appears to be overwhelming evidence to the contrary we need to accept Percys explanation that the Toon do not play this type of game – he is after all the manager of the year and the Silver Supremo. Support Percy and cast out the false prophets. I understand in the near future he is going to demonstrate how to walk on water. He has not lost the dressing room – support Percy.

• 9 Tsunki // Dec 25, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Well i am going to admit defeat and say Jonas should probably be rested after the first half, if all is going ok, put Obertan on for the 2nd (I dont think he would have enough in his tank yet for a full game). I think with Anita and Perch in midfield we will be solid enough (lately tiote has been a bit of a liability with his spinning and and needless retention anyway). If Ba is going I think it may be time to rotate the dembas each half too. Marveaux may as well start, cant hurt to give himm a big test and see how he copes. Build the play from the back, so that means Simmo and Santon should hang back and play the ball out and NOT foray past the half way line unless we are 2 up with 10 mins to go. They would be more effective helping midfield control the park and not floundering up the pitch with their lousily ineffective wing play.

• 10 Rotonda heights // Dec 25, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Beattie

Like you as it’s Christmas I will try to hold back, but the players have found out Pardew big time. Hilarious Pardew saying he and Colo were winners. When has Pardew ever been a winner!

So now Ba, Cisse, CAPTAIN Colo, Marveaux are all fed up along with a lot of the fans.

Oleg

It will be the usual 4 x DM’s and 2 x number 9’s. Pardew doesn’t do flair, pace or taking it to the opposition.

• 11 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Dec 25, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Yo Ho Ho and 3 pts at Old Trafford

Merry Xmas everyone out there

• 12 toonydoonunder // Dec 25, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Merry Christmas lads and lasses i have a feeling that tomorrow is a win win first child is due and Toon are due a win at Old Trafford HWTL .

• 13 Tommyy // Dec 25, 2012 at 10:39 AM

If it is an embarrassing defeat and a poor long ball performance tomorrow, will that be the final straw for the players let alone the fans?
    It’s almost a relief that it’s Man Utd so we don’t have to get as frustrated as if it were Villa or someone similar if we get beaten and play badly.

• 14 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Dec 25, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Style of play
    I don’t know if its me but I have seen (think) I have seen a change in style in the last few weeks – Stoke, Fulham, Man City and Saturday

Take Saturday for instance did anyone notice how often Krul passed the ball to his full backs instead of hoofing it upo the middle – built from the back. And there is a lot more movement off the ball in our midfield – Still think our forwards tend to be a bit static.

Move Jonas to Tiote position and move Marvo into Jonas position may work for the Man-ure game.

Pardew – believe in your players and not the hoofball

• 15 Tsunki // Dec 25, 2012 at 10:49 AM

I also would not be sad if Tim accidentally took out rvp with a mistimed punch. Not kill him of course, just loosen a tooth.

• 16 magpie6699 // Dec 25, 2012 at 10:51 AM

I don’t understand the harping on about long – ball tactics. The last 2 home games we have seen much more of a passing game or (attempted) wing-play / crossing game – I can only remember a bit of emphasis on long-ball after Shola came on – which was justifiable. There are 2 other factors – 1. Krul’s reluctance to throw the ball out to a player – he seems to opt for the hoof upfield – why? and 2. the absence of Benny which reduces our ability to run at / through players.

• 17 Tsunki // Dec 25, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Yep the hoofing has calmed down, maybe the Cap’n has got some halfway agreement with Ol’ Pardsy?

• 18 Tsunki // Dec 25, 2012 at 11:00 AM

BTW first day off for months and how was my lie in? Woke up about 6.30am as usual. :(

Damn bio clock.

• 19 Rotonda heights // Dec 25, 2012 at 11:02 AM

I think some of the players have had enough of pardew’s long ball rubbish and started playing the way they want.
    If the captain is complaining then with any luck pardew’s negative bull isn’t getting through to the rest of the team. Great players, mediocre manager.

• 20 Tsunki // Dec 25, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Anyway is it too early to start a relegation prediction? I would love the mackems to be in there of course, but I think it will be

QPR
    Villa
    Reading

That order.

• 21 Marty-Toon // Dec 25, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Can’t see Obertan playing from the start tomorrow,he’s not trained in 6 weeks and sad he isn’t match fit so why would AP start him?
    Think we can stifle them in their place but we’ll need a lot of luck along with digging deep and working hard.

• 22 Mumbai Mag // Dec 25, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Yeah we’ve been bit more fluid these last 2 games. But I feel we’ll be back to hoofball at Old Trafford.

Wont be too disappointed if we lose to Man Utd tbh. Just want the lads to show some fight, bodies on the line, defend like mad. like we did there last season.

Pardew has talked about freshening things up. We’ll see if that means Guti on the bench. I have a feeling he might give Fergie a go on the left wing in place of Guti & Obertan cud start on the right with Marveaux coming on a sub.
    HTL!!!

• 23 Tsunki // Dec 25, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Is it just me or have we seen Fergie as good as he will ever get?

• 24 Vask // Dec 25, 2012 at 11:59 AM

you may have a point tsunki I think he could fit in well in a Keegan team but I don’t think he’s suited the current style being played at Newcastle United. got a good cross on him but he runs funny.

• 25 catchy in norway // Dec 25, 2012 at 12:18 PM

i have been saying for a while now that he is losing the dressing room , i find it totally bizzar that he would come out and say that he has had an argument with his cap, alleged over the style of football

for this to happen it would take a lot of players to say , hey colo sort this out,,

i dont think this is something colo would do on his own with out back up from the squad,,

seems also very strange that, ba came out and said it a few weeks ago

seems like me and a few of us neggers where right,, or are we neggers , i prefer to say not blind and saying what we see,,

waiting for you lot to come on now and say we were wrong,

this about papis is bullshit too,, and you all know it,,

pardews problem is , he love the press,, he feels like he has to tell them things,, and if you can not see he is causing more uprest for our club by doing so then your all blind,,

this is stability

• 26 catchy in norway // Dec 25, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Tsunki

under pardew he will never get better,,

he is a player that at 21, is a good crosser of the ball, with a llittle pace too,

he should be hugging the touch line, and getting the ball fed to him to just keep running and pumping crosses in the box

• 27 tequilamag // Dec 25, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Catchy man it`s Xmas , give it a rest for one day.

• 28 Kyo // Dec 25, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Cisse is also a victim of poor finishing and being caught offside 900 times in every game.

• 29 manxpie // Dec 25, 2012 at 12:34 PM

people saying its pardews tactics for the long ball is bollicks did you watch the fulham game he was staring daggers at krul for hoofing it you could tell he was fuming!
    merry christmas btw everyone except catchy :)

• 30 Indian Magpie // Dec 25, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Just like its better to tear Band -aid in one go. NUFC would be better served to get shot of Pards in one go.

• 31 catchy in norway // Dec 25, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Tequila

Never

Last time I checked , Pardew is still boss,

Or is it just because you know your wrong

Loving it , just loving it

The club is falling to bits, and you think it’s all ok,

• 32 Beattie25 // Dec 25, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Manxpie

I personally think Pardew would be upset If he said to stop playing long balls because Hangeland was destroying us in the air. However you cannot say that the long balls are no a creation of tactics.

Yes Krul hoofs it aimlessly but the amount of times he does it is not down to a personal choice, it is given via coaching.

Pardew can dodge as many bullets as he wants and you can jump in front of them too but we cannot escape what we see week in and week out.

Merry Christmas.

Let’s be honest but upbeat. Pardew will, in the next 6 months prove to be either the messiah reincarnated or a parsnip. I have my own opinion and time will prove me wrong or right. Until that point all we can do is watch and debate.

• 33 Joe Blog // Dec 25, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Indian, I hope writing isn’t your day job.

• 34 catchy in norway // Dec 25, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Manxpie

Bar humbug ;)

Don’t even think your a fan

• 35 niafron // Dec 25, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Bonjour messieurs.

• 36 Indian Magpie // Dec 25, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Joe Blog

Just the part time.

• 37 Beattie25 // Dec 25, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Joyuex Noël

• 38 niafron // Dec 25, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Did not seen last game, was traveling.

Just read the articles on the blog.

So it was boring?

• 39 niafron // Dec 25, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Noyons Joel!

• 40 tequilamag // Dec 25, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Catchy, I called you out months ago that you did not want us to win. Glad to see you finally outed yourself last week.
    It`s not healthy to live a lie.

• 41 Beattie25 // Dec 25, 2012 at 1:20 PM

There is nothing wrong with Catchy wanting NUFC to lose. It would serve to prove him correct in the face of such antagonism and if he believes it would be in the best interest of the club to lose so that we can get better than we should accept his opinion even if it opposes our own.

I want NUFC to win every single game, but it is my opinion we will lose more than we should under Pardew. I don’t want NUFC to lose to prove me correct and is rather be proved wrong than right in this circumstance but only time will be my answer.

• 42 FatmanJoe // Dec 25, 2012 at 1:24 PM

How did you catch him out tequila? I don’t think Ashton has been on much since I’ve started calling him Alec.

I’m not sure but I think Alec shilton aka Ashton is an Aston villa fan and he became so much less obnoxious when I started asking him about villa. And haven’t seen him here much since.

• 43 Indian Magpie // Dec 25, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Last Season’s 5th place finish has done more harm than good to NUFC. It has almost given pardew a free reign to do almost anything.

His puckering up has hit a new low.

• 44 FatmanJoe // Dec 25, 2012 at 1:31 PM

We’ve been hit by big injuries and suffered because of it.

But I admit we have been playing badly and we should have bought more in the summer. Hopefully two things that will be rectified soon.

• 45 niafron // Dec 25, 2012 at 1:32 PM

So Marv was one more time on the bench, and still he made the difference with a good set up for Shola?

If it coninue like this, i will join the side of those who want Pard to be fired.

Still trust him, but he MUST change the style of play of the team.

And quickly now.

• 46 catchy in norway // Dec 25, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Tequila

I make no bones about what I say, as u believe it will be for the greater good

Even in time like now , you sit there and protect the holly one, he can do no wrong

I said earlier it would take more than colo for him to say something to Pardew , he is the link between the players and manager,

Again you seem to blindly follow him even when he comes out and says to the press things arnt wrong and making fun

How can you spin this to blame the board

He is drowning , and I am loving it, soon he will be gone,

• 47 FatmanJoe // Dec 25, 2012 at 1:42 PM

And who would replace him catchy?

You know the saying ‘better the devil you know’

Whoever comes in will be ashley’s puppet. He won’t employ anyone who will defy him! So forget anyone who wants to spend money on players.

I think we’re better off with the devil we know personally.

• 48 Indian Magpie // Dec 25, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Fatman

So you agree Pardew should be sacked if things were normal around here, and his football and excuses are pathetic.

• 49 manxpie // Dec 25, 2012 at 1:50 PM

ha catchy you said yesterday “we only scraped past a shit QPR”
    but you had us down for a 2-0 loss and further more you wished us to lose!
    and i’m not a fan!!

• 50 FatmanJoe // Dec 25, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Hi Indian. Been a while.

I don’t think he should be sacked coz it’s too much uncertainty and could end up being the farce that was our relegation season. I don’t think ashley has the quality as an owner to do the process responsibly – like he’s shown countless times. But pards does need a slap and a wake up call.

• 51 Jail for Ashley // Dec 25, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Catchy,
    I don’t know how much US finishing birth pi$$ed you off last year I just know you didn’t really post from January onwards,unfortunately I happened to witness most of the dross last year because the way my rotation worked out,but we did play some good stuff last time round and I truly believe that if Pards had of been given the backing we desperately needed I think we would be witnessing a lot more good this year than bad.

• 52 manxpie // Dec 25, 2012 at 1:52 PM

and how much long ball have you seen in the last 5 games even willos looking for the short pass

• 53 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 25, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Catchy
    Ffs give it a rest man for one day ffs!
    And how can you comment on the QPR game ya didny even watch it you muppet!!!!
    They parked the bus and we broke them down and got 3 points, 3 points that you as a “fan” were gutted we got
    I’ll begrudging wish you a happy christmas and pray to god your not this miserable around your family!

• 54 niafron // Dec 25, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Don’t want Pard to be sacked, cause he’s a good leader and a classy man.

I just don’t adhere to his tactic.

I want him to engage a spanish or argentine specialist to help him changing the offensive style of the team.

An assitant coach for offensive play if you want.

• 55 manxpie // Dec 25, 2012 at 2:09 PM

catchy so which managers did you like out of dogleash, gullit, souness, fat sam,joe fackin kinnear,hughton,shearer, and roeder?
    just wonderin what your thoughts were on the great football we played under these managers?

• 56 FatmanJoe // Dec 25, 2012 at 2:11 PM

I also think he’s a classy fella.

I clapped him off at the final whistle a few times this season and got acknowledgement every time.

He loves us fans. Truly believe it.

Just needs more backing (from Ashley)

• 57 Joe Blog // Dec 25, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Let’s have an optimistic carol:

I wish you a Merry Christmas
    I wish you a Merry Christmas
    I wish you a Merry Christmas
    And a Happy New Year

Good hidings we’ll bring to Man U and their kin
    We wish them a dreary Christmas and a pappy New Year.

:D

• 58 Tsunki // Dec 25, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Why doesn’t SJP have a big screen? I think a big screen would be good. Just saying.

Big screen.

• 59 Tsunki // Dec 25, 2012 at 2:30 PM

How can you honestly say sacking Pardew now would be a sensible move? How would that improve morale? Pardew could also say Ashley and Del sold him out and most people would believe him. Who would be the next manager? Any suggestions? How many Franz Ferdinands have there been in the Austrian monarchy ok thats too many questions.

• 60 catchy in norway // Dec 25, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Firstly I’d have beardo in until the end of the season

Jail, please go back and look again , I posted in jan feb march April may, mainly the same stuff, how shit he is as a manager, and I think you will find it was more about us going for forth or higher, along with Beattie , we carried BA from feb, he was wasted on the left

Manx of those you mentioned. , only JFK dogleash and sourness , I wanted out

Did not want CH at first but new we did not have much choice , the club had to many bad things going on, he changed my mind half way though the season, he had us playing as a team, with what we had left of a team, he will be a hero to me for ever for what he did for us,

Right now with everything going on , it is the same as what was happening when JFK was here , he is treating marv like nzogbia, we lost a good player then through the manager, and right now we are on the verge of losing players, because of Pardew not because he wants them to leave,

The harmony in the camp must be sky high right about now

Pardew out

Ps

5th was a lucky season, I’d rather have finished 10th, he is using Europe as an excuse for us doing so poor,

• 61 FatmanJoe // Dec 25, 2012 at 2:33 PM

I never look at the big screen in stadiums. This isn’t an interesting post. Just saying – takes away from the feeling of being there if I look at a screen.

• 62 Vask // Dec 25, 2012 at 2:36 PM

I like the idea of more coaches. Get some fresh ideas on the training ground – many minds make light work – we need a set-play coach for a start. I can’t remember the last time we scored from a set piece delivery, second to the ball every time and on the rare occasion that it finds someone, it always seems to catch us out and it comes to nothing. Really how hard can it be?

I don’t blame Pards, I don’t blame anyone really, as what use does it do? We could do with some investment in our on-field staff and training ground staff. We’re in a situation, it will either get better or get worse despite what you believe. We, as fans, deal with it as and when it comes.

• 63 tequilamag // Dec 25, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Catchy you can be lucky for a few games not a season.
    You really have got a twisted viewpoint. What kind of supporter would want us to lose and why did you deny it for so long that that is what you wanted?
    Your just a poor mans Toonbano without a spellchecker.

• 64 Tsunki // Dec 25, 2012 at 2:38 PM

It wasnt supposed to be interesting I was just sick of catchy’s whingeing and said something trite. I actually think they are distracting gimmicks but there you are.

• 65 catchy in norway // Dec 25, 2012 at 2:39 PM

59Tsunki // Dec 25, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Yes , he was let down , but that should not stop him playing his best team, or at least trying to play a little more attacking football against poor teams

If you take you head out of the clouds and speak with other fans from other clubs, they will tell you we are the worst ten they have played this season,

That makes us a joke

• 66 catchy in norway // Dec 25, 2012 at 2:43 PM

59Tsunki // Dec 25, 2012 at 2:30 PM
    How did I deny it??????

I never wanted us to lose, but I have got to the stage where I feel it will help the club long term

Sad fact is , we will lose the next 3 and you will accept it as normal

• 67 FatmanJoe // Dec 25, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Sorry tsunki I meant mine haha.

I was bored of catchy a long time ago.

• 68 ONLINE GUY // Dec 25, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Jesus’s birthday is not today..He was born late in September ..We only give thanks today because of the pagan religion moving it over to the 25th.

So it’s those Pagan’s to blame for all this Tinsel and that.

• 69 tequilamag // Dec 25, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Catchy what I have come to accept as normal is you posting the same old assumptions, half truths and downright lies every day in promotion of your ridiculous crusade against Pardew. You have now abandoned all pretext of actually wanting your club to win, You would rather us go down than succeed because you are so wrapped up in your hatred. That to me is quite pathetic.

• 70 ONLINE GUY // Dec 25, 2012 at 2:53 PM

oH and you can blame Prince Albert and the German’s for the bloody Christmas tree .

And George for the baubles ..again them Jormins !

• 71 ONLINE GUY // Dec 25, 2012 at 2:54 PM

JUst taking a welcome break from festivities here lads .our lass has got the central heating blasting and its sunbathing weather outside !

• 72 ONLINE GUY // Dec 25, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Forget to say Merry Christmas to all except … NO ..second thought’s Merry Christmas to all.

• 73 woolerbill // Dec 25, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Super Mac was correct about trouble in the dressing room. May be that’s the reason we started all those games 40 minutes after the whistle. Let’s hope collo keeps speaking his mind.

• 74 ONLINE GUY // Dec 25, 2012 at 3:05 PM

When thing’s were going wrong at Arsenal ..
    Frank Mc and a few senior players would thrash it all out in the dressing room ,,It was not called player unrest by the press Back then,,things would be thrashed out without the Gaffa being anywhere near the dressing room ..the gaffa would respect the word of Frank and the senior players and move on from there implementing any new thoughts or method..

All Pardew is really trying to do is get as many points on the board as poss by using route one a lot and putting the oppo under pressure ..It’s toooo Random and we are going to loose the ball a lot more like that but I can see through Pardew’s tactic’s and why

When he thinks we are near safety we will start playing football..

• 75 Marty-Toon // Dec 25, 2012 at 3:47 PM

I must put in a word on Catchy’s behalf ,although he doesn’t need it as this is a blog and everyone is entitled to their views :-)
    Even when we got 5th place last year most of us would agree we got lucky in many games and we played rubbish football at times,the difference being we scored goals out of nothing.
    We didn’t score tat many from dead ball situations but a lot more than this year.
    I’d rather we’d ave kept Hughton but we didn’t and out of te managers we’ve had in the last years then there’s no one else I’d like in there.
    AP won’t be replaced,who’d we put in there,Sparky Hughes?.??
    Anyone going in would want 20/30 million n spend it on has beens.
    I’m not apply the way we play as we’ve got players throughout the team that can play the ball on the ground but there’s 1 or 2 that really pull the team down.
    We’re awful to watch at the moment,apart from a couple of games lately,it annoys us all to see Gutierrez on there and just helping us defensively when we need some creativity in the team.
    AP has made us very predictable but it must be up to the players to get the finger out n be men and earn their wages with some pride.

As a NUFC fan for almost 30 years its always been like this where we’ve almost ad a team that was good enough,especially in the KK era.
    Had we gone n got a top CB and decent wing backs we’d have won the league a couple of times

• 76 AlwaysTOON // Dec 25, 2012 at 3:55 PM

what up guys?
    Anyone think there is a chance to snap up a point tomorrow? Man utd just lost points against Swansea, so they will properly give it all … But so do we, I think there is a chance.. Hope for the life of me Obertan, Marvoux and Shola will start.
    Mary Christmas! :D

• 77 Beattie25 // Dec 25, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Online guy

Why not start playing football at the start of the season when we have no points on the board?

Why only try and start playing football when we are already staring down the barrel?

Your post, pardon me, makes no sense.

Merry Christmas

• 78 JAMSHA // Dec 25, 2012 at 4:09 PM

any noticed? on fifa 13 manager mod…. the comentator says Happy christmas…lol neva heard b4 but heard it today

• 79 AlwaysTOON // Dec 25, 2012 at 4:14 PM

JAMSHA .
    Yeah, he also says “he’s working on is birthday” if anyone has a birthday ;)

• 80 JAMSHA // Dec 25, 2012 at 4:25 PM

AlwaysTOON

Lol mate :-P

• 81 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 25, 2012 at 4:26 PM

At some point I would really like to have a continental manager who is familiar with playing in either EL or CL, but used to not spending much :-)

…I don’t mind Pardew – for most parts he has surpassed my expectations, but he’s a stubborn son of a b#*ch and arrogance is our downfall this season.

Disclaimer: I know some still hail to the thought that it is down to lack of transfers – before the same group of people open that can of worms up again I just want to say I don’t care!

• 82 BWFFBW // Dec 25, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Beattie,

Coal in your stocking again Beattie?

We could be sitting top 4 and you would still be complaining about something… nah, you would be complaining about everything! LOL!

Who we going to get to Manage NUFC mid-season Beattie? Probably the worst move we could make right now is to dump AP… Who you going to bring-in?

I don’t enjoy the long-ball all the time, either, but we don’t have Cabs who can pull all the strings together, so we have to by-pass the midfield. Not every attempt has to be a by-pass, but let’s support the lads and let them kick on and work it out.

Of course its easy to come on here and be a KeyBoard Warrior and rant the negatives on each player, the owner, the manager, the kits, how SJP doesn’t serve you cheesy chips, the style of play, or the Mackem that bullied you as a kid. How about positive comment worth discussing?!

Merry Christmas to all the positive Supporters! HTL!
    BWFFBW

• 83 Rotonda heights // Dec 25, 2012 at 5:05 PM

online

”when we are near safety we will start playing football”

Wow what a sales pitch for season ticket holders

• 84 Rotonda heights // Dec 25, 2012 at 5:08 PM

tequila

i think and catchy want pardew gone now, not after relegation while we still have some great players who have sussed a poor manager

• 85 Rotonda heights // Dec 25, 2012 at 5:13 PM

if the captain and our top scorer, plus cisse and marv are upset at the manager, i would say getting rid of him would improve morale. We have half a seson to play under a ” footballing ” manager.

• 86 Rotonda heights // Dec 25, 2012 at 5:15 PM

manxpie

we have had the longest procession of shocking managers possible.

• 87 nufc90 // Dec 25, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Merry Christmas everyone!
    Not sure anyone’s seen this but demba Ba has done and interview with RMC Sport in France. Rough translated tweets from their twitter page:
    RMCsport @: @ # dembabafoot on RMC: “We have nothing to lose at MU, we will do everything to exploit ‘# # RMCsport Newcastle
    RMCsport @: @ # dembabafoot on RMC: “If I have to leave one day # Newcastle, it will head high because I would have given everything” # RMCsport
    RMCsport @: @ # dembabafoot on RMC: “# Arsenal is a club attractive to any footballer” # # RMCsport Mercato
    RMCsport @: @ # dembabafoot on RMC: “I look like the # PSG supporter, this is a special club for me” # RMcsport

• 88 nufc90 // Dec 25, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Merry Christmas everyone!
    RMCsport @: @ dembabafoot on RMC: “We have nothing to lose at MU, we will do everything to exploit ‘
    RMCsport @: @ dembabafoot on RMC: “If I have to leave one day Newcastle, it will head high because I would have given everything”
    RMCsport @: on RMC: “Arsenal is a club attractive to any footballer”
    RMCsport @: on RMC: “I look like the PSG supporter, this is a special club for me”

• 89 Joe Blog // Dec 25, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Catchy

Did anyone get you a elf-help book for Christmas?

• 90 jimiley // Dec 25, 2012 at 6:22 PM

A spat between the captain and manager. But its nothing really? Oh yeh? the captain wants to play football and the manager wants to play crap hoofball. Its MASSIVE. Watch this space. If the manager doers not get results in next half dozen games, guess where he is going?

• 91 mattyNUFC // Dec 25, 2012 at 6:38 PM

niafron

AP’s a ‘good leader and a classy man’?

he’s got about as much class as, hm, can’t be bothered to come up with a witty analogy on christmas.

anyway, **** it. AP is lost. Why he made the rift with Colo public is beyond me. This is all just inflating his ego. I just don’t want it to burst with us fizzing down to the championship. If Marveaux does not get the start tomorrow (not saying he will play well but he’s our one player available who can unlock the final third for us)….well, i don’t know what if. This is all getting very frustrating

all good and well getting a win we hardly deserved, but ffs i want to be entertained. so tired of rearranging my schedule week after week to watch some of the most dire football i’ve witnessed in a long, long time. the sad thing is we have the best team we’ve had in a decade, and we’re playing them as if they’re stoke-quality.

sincerely,

one increasingly frustrated fan who, in light of the season, has taken time to reflect and ponder the very frightful notion that watching crap and hearing excuses for that crap may just not be worth it….a fan who will no doubt continue to put up with it anyway because, there in reality is not much of a choice. ugh. ba. humbug.

• 92 bottle // Dec 25, 2012 at 6:43 PM

CATCHY
    Loving it , just loving it
    The club is falling to bits.

Well at least you’re open about being a total troll

• 93 Vask // Dec 25, 2012 at 6:52 PM

As much class as a rural primary school?
    As much class as a perpetually unemployed Mackem?
    As much class as a 3 star hotdog stand?
    I like this game.

• 94 obatoyou // Dec 25, 2012 at 6:56 PM

heh catchy will be eating his words when we draw or win tomorrow :)

• 95 ba humbug // Dec 25, 2012 at 7:01 PM

I’m off guys.
    Nothing to lose at ManU as I’m off next week.
    I’ve given the club everything while I’ve been here.

Bye lads and thanks for everything

• 96 mattyNUFC // Dec 25, 2012 at 7:04 PM

vask

thanks

anyone think it’s strange lee ryder hasn’t written an article on AP saying Shola isn’t going to ACON?

no, me neither. such a shame. nufc.com put the contrasting quotes up. bet shola is sick over it.

this is what shola said:
    “Every professional player loves to play at major tournaments and I’m no different. You can call me a late bloomer at international level but I’m grateful to God for this big opportunity.

“The African Cup of Nations is what the European Championship is to others – so it will be a dream come true to represent my motherland.

“This is a big chance and I know this is the closest for me. Hopefully, I can live that dream when and if selected.

“I need to earn it because the are several players out there equally deserving of that chance to represent a country like Nigeria. There’s always that healthy rivalry to fight for a place – you just need to keep giving your best and hope to stay fit and healthy.

“The club is still in Europe and Nigeria is preparing for a big tournament. It’s a big honour to be considered by both.”

• 97 beddersmag // Dec 25, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Lots or footy romantics on here. We all want us to play like barca but the reality is we play better when we deploy shola in a 442 and go fairly direct as it plays to our strengths and works for us. When we have the personnel to play the fancy stuff im sure pardew will try harder to do so, but right now we dont so lets accept what gets us points and roll with it. Sure i will hear cries for marveux but really dont think this guy is the answer as he shirks every tackle and currently seems too weak to cut it in the prem. Also seems to lack bottle and flatters to deceive. Obertans a better option for me. Given that tiote is banned already, compounding this by adding a non-tackling player like marveux will leave us massively exposed in midfield against man utd imo. As much as jonas is floundering currently i still think his steel may be required for this one, with perchinio also of vital importance in the holding role. Id rather see ferguson than marveux. Less skill but direct and gets stuck in which is surely a pre-requisite?

• 98 Toon_Jock // Dec 25, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Good work from our lads…

• 99 Joe Blog // Dec 25, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Let’s go for it against Man U!

_______________Krul_______________
    Santon____Willo_____Colo____Ferguson
    _______________Perch
    ________Anita__________Jonas_______
    _______________Marveaux
    ___________Shola____Cisse (if Ba is leaving)

That’s far beyond APs cautious realm of thought, though.

• 100 jimiley // Dec 25, 2012 at 7:13 PM

We can win this game 2 – 1. I dreamed it. Jonas gets two and clears two off the line. Come on lad, show your class!

• 101 mattyNUFC // Dec 25, 2012 at 7:14 PM

beedersmag

don’t want to get into any arguments today, but those are just bad excuses. we have two class defenders, a plethora of class MFs who grew up playing passing, attacking football and two strikers who thrive off of such

don’t buy into it for one second. the whole ‘everyone thinks we can play like barca’ is a copout. no one ever mentions barca. what is so wrong with passing the ball???

• 102 Joe Blog // Dec 25, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Who’s our coolest player ever?

I vote Shola.

• 103 jimiley // Dec 25, 2012 at 7:18 PM

What are the odds on Jonas getting a hattrick tomorrow? Might be worth a bet.

• 104 ONLINE GUY // Dec 25, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Beattie ..rotunda Routonda

We did start playing football at the start of the season ..but as we are in the shit we play percentage football with the long ball..I have not mentioned this as a season ticket sales pitch divvy ! I mention it because that’s the way pardew is playing it after initially trying to play it on
    the deck ..I get the feeling that some folks on here have never kicked a fooking ball in their life ,,and still go on to
    attack people who have played the game ..

IM talking to you Routonda ! and Beattie are you Down ? You sound depressed today.

Rotounda and Beattie starting a straw man opinion debate ..Its like Talk sport on here with you 2. Make a lie up then debate the Lie

Straw Man.

• 105 beddersmag // Dec 25, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Matty im not going to argue mate- just opinions. Not against football, particularly when ba and cisse are not really equipped to deal with ‘hoofball’. However i think shola should be a starter with ba based on his form and cisse should be benched. Yes in 442. (I know this will wind many up) in that case its just fact that we do trouble teams with direct play, just like we did on sat when shola came on. I think the notion 442 is dead is silly. A clever target man will fall deep and make a 5 midfield. Ba or cisse feeding off sholas flickons is probably our biggest threat at the moment with out two star creative players missing. Cant remember which manager it was but when asked whaT style he played, he said something like the style that wins. Would love us to be able to mix it and do both effectively

• 106 BelfastMagpie // Dec 25, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Jimiley there’s more chance of the queen making a sex tape.

• 107 89Norcal // Dec 25, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Those of you going out for holiday parties, be safe.

This issue the players have with Pardew’s recent play-style is warranted imo. I don’t feel Pardew had much faith in his backups.

Pards seriously needs to invest sometime in establishing guys like Marveaux and Obertan while being strong with the Demba situation. But truth is we lacked depth anyways, so injuries were always going to be catastrophic.

Last year, we had very few injuries to key players.

• 108 southafricantoon // Dec 25, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Off topic…. Did any of you see this interview!!! supersport.com; Alan Pardew says Shola Ameobi will not play for the Super Eagles at next year’s Afcon even if is selected in the final squad. Pardew says you know the reasons why Ameobi won’t play. What are the reasons?

Stephen Keshi: I have never spoken to Alan Pardew in my life. I have only seen him on television so I don’t know what reasons he is talking about.

supersport.com; Have you spoken to Shola about the situation?

Stephen Keshi: No, I have not. Not yet…but I will eventually do that and get to the root of the matter.

supersport.com; The Federation (NFF) has insisted that Ameobi will be compelled to go to the competition if he is eventually selected in the final squad. Are you on the same page as the Federation?

Stephen Keshi: Of course, I am on the same page as my Federation. Alan Pardew knows he cannot stop Shola from going to the Cup of Nations because the competition is recognized by Fifa.

I don’t know what is in his (Pardew’s) head or what he is thinking about.

• 109 89Norcal // Dec 25, 2012 at 8:02 PM

southafricantoon,

I’ve been guessing myself; maybe Ba’s departure is a foregone conclusion, and Pardew is trying to hang on to Shola since we would be critically lacking in attacking depth through January.

• 110 Joe Blog // Dec 25, 2012 at 8:07 PM

There’s always incongruity between what Pardew says and what happens/he does – you should have learned that by now.

• 111 Joe Blog // Dec 25, 2012 at 8:12 PM

I just take for granted, that whatever he says the opposite will happen/is true. I interpret everything he says as such.

Like HAL 3000, it is a system that has never failed.

• 112 Joe Blog // Dec 25, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Anyway, I’m going out to get blathered, if I see Nile Ranger out, I’ll clip him around his lugs and give him a lecture on behalf of everyone.

• 113 ba humbug // Dec 25, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Matty

We are also short of two ball playing defenders, any number of creative midfielders who can also tackle and have a narrow range of forwards in terms of variety of skills and blends to choose from.
    I think Bedders is making the point that most teams involve compromise in terms of the starting eleven and we have had a lot of suspensions, injuries and lack of form from quite a range of players .. even including Colo, the newest champion of passing football. His lack of pace is one reason we can’t play the high line. I think AP has made a series of small errors which have been amplified into having larger significance by externals outside his control.
    I think if he is ‘losing the dressing room’ which was exactly the criticism made about SBR before the wolves went for him, despite our position then, we are in trouble. If its a blip cos they are all under extra pressure from the losing run, then we’ll be okay.
    One of Pards relative strengths is his man management, so lets hope he can reunite everyone, before it’s too late.

• 114 hotdog // Dec 25, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Not stopping as lots if drink to get through. Just popped on to say merry crimbo ed and posters. 3-0 to toon tomorrow. What’s that jack Daniels go on then :-)

• 115 ONLINE GUY // Dec 25, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Beattie25

Are you trying to start something of a straw man poll against me ?..don’t put words into my mouth and repost pretending that iv said them. I aint’ advocating I’m just telling you what Pardew is doing.

• 116 ONLINE GUY // Dec 25, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Rotunda . I wish you all the best Sir ..But wonder ..are you having a pop at me ? ..Or are you just saying that the club are shooting themselves in the foot ..pissing in the wind ..Trying to sell season tickets on the back of Pardew’s long ball tactic’s ? Im not saying we should do that you know? Im saying that’s the way it is ..Im not advocating anything ..Look at it through Pardew’s eyes ,,does he think that the long ball will give us a greater percentage of chances with the ball in the oppositions box ? That’s all I’m saying from his Point of view, just now ..Maybe ?

• 117 ONLINE GUY // Dec 25, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Players are dropping out of the ACON because of a recent threat by terrorists

• 118 Cool Hand Luke // Dec 25, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Joe, HAL failed because it was lied to though..

• 119 gonufc (up and Hatem) // Dec 25, 2012 at 9:15 PM

To be fair to Online Guy, he said that that is what Pardew seems to think/ be doing- NOT what he recommends or wants.
    And in that regard I completely agree.

It does seem to be a pure case of safety first, percentage football, points ahead of quality.

The flaw in that is the idea that lumping it will always gain you something and actually playing won’t.

Just like this idea that Allardyce will always get points at the expense of style of play.

Total mythology.

• 120 ba humbug // Dec 25, 2012 at 9:17 PM

OG

I think there is a lot of truth in how you think AP’s mind might be working. We can only speculate.
    I also think he may well be being very short term in his approach of playing a percentage game given the lack of playmaking from mid-field. I hope so – as the beautiful game it ain’t
    I agree that senior players need to work with the manager when there are losing streaks. Sensible point.

BTW anyone on here who tries to analyse AP rather than go for the jugular is getting a real slagging atm.
    Beattie as Witchfinder General ?
    Would suit his online character for sure.

And the trolls are in the ascendant. Reminds me a bit of how SBR got treated.

• 121 ONLINE GUY // Dec 25, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Thanks Goneufc…Pardew might be thinking ..We can pass the leather of the ball and get no place quick ..or we can give the oppos constant pressure dropping long balls into the box ..sort of goes without saying really..

But I think its a slow form of Panic. Orrible to watch

Saying that mind He does change it throughout a game

• 122 ONLINE GUY // Dec 25, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Right lads Im off there was eleven people downstairs when I sneaked off …Got to do the right thing ..Had this all day .. Can’t wait for Boxing day !

• 123 catchy in norway // Dec 25, 2012 at 9:34 PM

113ONLINE GUY

If Pardews objective is to get the ball in the box the quickest and easiest route , then sure long ball is your game

If he wants to play that way why have HBA playing on the wing or any wingers for that matter

I do not see any sense in having santon running all the way from LB as the ball can travel faster with a hoof

This is the team

2 forwards that don’t do flick ons

1 right winger who is among the best in the prem with the ball at his feet but can go for long periods without the ball

Danny Simpson tries to back up HBA but is out of his depth , he is very poor at crossing

Santon , playing the whole left side all alone

3 DMC , for what reason I have no clue

Then colo and Williamson

Willamson is so poor , he is not any where near a prem level defender

There is no balance to the team, even over the last few games they have improved, Pardew refuses to play right players in the right places

Perch and jonas have no right to be in the team ahead of ov marv and what made it worse was marv was still the last sub to come on, is this a 2 finger salute to us fans asking for him, him stating he is in charge no matter what

Man c could have been embarrassing , they had the chances to be out of site by half time

Man U are top of the league, I fear a cricket score

The sad fact is , fans would rather look to ppl like me for speaking out as a bad person , they seem to look past Pardews inconsistent statements , poor subs, yeh he got it right on sat, but 1 in every 20 matches or so , is poor for a prem manager, same free kicks, look for Williamson , same shit corners ,

I will say it again, I hate us losing games , I wish Pardew would only be more forcefull in games , push higher up the pitch, but I’m afraid ov got to the stage where I would quiet willingly lose games to get him out, and what is worse I think players are doing the same,

To many senior players are coming out against him, even smily happy cisse looked pissed v QPR , Pardew making that statement was like going behind colos back, it’s like he is looking for re assurance from ppl to say he is right,

Strange times at st James’ park , lack of stability lack if leadership

Cut the cancer out

• 124 beddersmag // Dec 25, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Catchy

Think you do perchinio a disservice. Hes the only player able to deputise for tiote properly and has proven that over a season or two now. Marveux has it all to prove for me. I thought the subs were spot on and it was obertan and shola imo made the dif. Decent free kick from marveux but slow onto that chance he had and should have scored really. Always seems to flatter to deceive and too weak in defence to be a regular starter in pardew team which has been defined by workrate- which is the reason even a fading jonas starts before him i reck

• 125 catchy in norway // Dec 25, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Bedders

If the problem is tiote, take him out,

I find it very strange that the 2 players he entrusts to create chances are among the worst we have at doing that ,

Marv might not be the answer , but IMO he is a better option than obertan, who is quick but no end product, perch who can only tackle and jonas who has lost his way as a footballer , now he is a runner on a football pitch,

Even young Ferg is a better option as an attacking threat than both obertan or jonas

• 126 catchy in norway // Dec 25, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Bedders

Also

Every player should have to continually prove there worth and earn the right to be in the team
    Players seem to just be given a first team spot because of what they have done in the past or just be his best friend

• 127 mattyNUFC // Dec 25, 2012 at 10:15 PM

ba humbug

think his man management is pretty poor personally, and only from the outside looking in. my belief that he’s a poor man manager holds as much verity as someone who thinks he’s top notch. we really don’t know how he interacts with the players, but it’s apparent important players are getting frustrated

In an ideal world (ie one where i’m not afraid of the hypothetical replacement our owner would choose), i’d want pards gone. this isn’t a bandwagon thing because of our bad form this season. Our form has remained consistently so under AP, and I am sick of it. I hesitate though to call for his head only because of who MA would install afterwards.

BUT, and this is the kicker, if he is losing the dressing room (no conjecture or hearsay but in reality actually losing the dressing room, which no one could safely say one way or the other right now), he needs getting rid of as soon as possible. We somewhat stumbled our way to acquiring the squad we have now. It will take years to get back to it if it is disassembled through either any respective player’s lack of faith in the management and/or the board

• 128 catchy in norway // Dec 25, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Matty

Agreed

Is be happy to have Beardsley there until the end of the season

Or it is end of season here, ole gunner could be asked,

He has won the league 2 years running here with an unpopular team, he must have something

• 129 mattyNUFC // Dec 25, 2012 at 10:53 PM

catchy

everything i’ve heard about Beardsley is that he’s a jovial guy, but in no way shape or form a leader. again, that’s all conjecture though

• 130 catchy in norway // Dec 25, 2012 at 11:30 PM

I don’t think he would want it full time, but I think he would step in and sort this mess out until the summer

• 131 Tsunki // Dec 25, 2012 at 11:38 PM

It was Hal9000 and he failed because he was caught in a logic loop, forced to lie then neutralise the crew to safeguard the mission as a priority. Never mess with a nerd. Like Hal9000, they never fail er ooops um damn now I have to kill you all.

OK for the Man U game heart says 3-2 to us, head 2-0 to them. Not in any way wishing a loss but form tells you that is a likely outcome.

• 132 toonLYF // Dec 25, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Fabricio Coloccini,
    Fabricio Coloccini,
    Fabricio Coloccini,

and a Papiss Cisse.

…yeah?…Yeah?

• 133 Brutooon // Dec 26, 2012 at 12:12 AM

i would go for a direct 4-4-2

Shola and Ba up front. Shola can hold the ball. Cisse as impact sub

Obertan and Marveax at the wings.

Perch and maybe Gutierrez in the middle. (Since Gutierrez is no longer a winger)

• 134 stuart no9 // Dec 26, 2012 at 12:19 AM

i think a point is on the cards tomorrow lads – not coz we;re a good side , coz we;re not, and not because we have a good manager who knows what hes doing, coz we havnt its purely because, expect the unexpected withNUFC , nothing more – nothing less.

• 135 Joe Blog // Dec 26, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Flunkie

It’s a long time since I’ve seen it! I may have to watch it again, tomorrow. f]For now, with an alcohol induced fuzzy mind, I bid you all good night!

364 days to go
    364 days to go…..

• 136 obatoyou // Dec 26, 2012 at 2:41 AM

hahahahahaa
    you got to be kidding me
    is this for real?
    Pardew has lost the plot mate, Cisse is da bom, how can we play a system that almost ruins great players like Cisse for a little while *sigh* come on, big win tomorrow for us

supersport.com; Have you spoken to Shola about the situation?

I don’t know what is in his (Pardew’s) head or what he is thinking about.

• 137 Santon03 // Dec 26, 2012 at 4:13 AM

Clearly so many unhappy players in dressing room, even the captain is also unhappy. What confused me the most is when AP said “we are both winners”. Winners in what? Pie eating contest?

• 138 Santon03 // Dec 26, 2012 at 5:21 AM

obatoyou

I was certain that AMeobi and Obertan was for Ba and Tiote since we have 3 DM in QPR game. I thought Cisse worked really hard, I can understand Cisse frustrated, because I’m also frustrated he was subbed.
    Ba has been playing mind games and AP succumbed to it.

I think AP is thinking he is the most valuable manager on earth and everyone will listen and follow his commands without question even NFF, he is too arrogant for the team.

• 139 Indian Magpie // Dec 26, 2012 at 5:34 AM

If any 1 watched the PL highlights show, for our match they said.

For first half any way

“Demba Ba summed up the first half by taking a wayward freekick and followed it up with an even worse one minutes later”

• 140 Santon03 // Dec 26, 2012 at 5:39 AM

Indian

It’s just tell you what kind of man AP is. Look at Mancini, he benched Tevez for quite a while, now Tevez become very good team player.
    AP just destroyed this team’s spirit.

• 141 Indian Magpie // Dec 26, 2012 at 5:42 AM

Santon

AP benched HBA last year Marveaux this. now he will claim for their progress.

• 142 Santon03 // Dec 26, 2012 at 5:51 AM

Indian

there is big deifference, HBA and Marv didn’t show that kind of attitude as far as I know. AP benched them due to lack of fitness after injuries.
    Ba definitely influenced AP decissions and Cisse is one of the victim, Cisse is not the victim of injuries.
    I hope Ba will be gone in JAnuary for the sake of the team. I hope AP gone too but he won’t be, so I hope he change.

• 143 Indian Magpie // Dec 26, 2012 at 6:04 AM

I am with you

Santon

• 144 Mister Tuff // Dec 26, 2012 at 6:09 AM

Percy Parsnips supporters (also known as the “Delusionals” or the “Blind Faith Brigade”) appear to have gone missing in action since the news of the Collo spat.
    Now that the Percy Parsnip myth is in the process of being shredded – his acolytes and his sicophantic disciples are really keeping their heads down -probably in shame of supporting an unproven duffer.

• 145 Indian Magpie // Dec 26, 2012 at 6:45 AM

As some 1 said yesterday

We have had some dreadful managers since SBR, Bar KK

• 146 Santon03 // Dec 26, 2012 at 7:15 AM

We should get Delio Rossi or Marcelo Lippi or Bert Van Marwijk. Give them 10 million to spend on defenders.
    We will be top 10, because we have good players on mid and fwd, just shitty def and manager who only know to play flat 4 at the back.

• 147 Dannyo // Dec 26, 2012 at 8:10 AM

@Mister Tuff
    Some of us has been sleeping at this hour mate, and celebrating christmas. Not ranting on a blog about how poor our lifes are and its surroundings.

For the rest of u lot, i’ve never read so much un-informed crap in my life.

• 148 check the toastie // Dec 26, 2012 at 8:24 AM

Dannyo – You say uninformed, why is that how you determine your opinion, information, no doubt spouted shit from Pardew.

Personally most peoples opinions are based on what they see, not what they read, uninformed?, shows you up to be somebody who doesnt actually watch games, just reads papers and maybe sees the odd highlight.

It has been a long time since the club has had a squad capable of competing in the upper echelons of the PL, Pardew is killing these talented players with his pathetic brand of Anti-football, witness it today.

He will play Shola and Ba no doubt and go long, one thing teams need to do at Old Trafford is keep the ball and relieve the pressure, we will give it away cheaply and then rely on back to the wall defending, Pardew will think why not when it served himself so well last year.

I have seen a little change in the last couple of games, would like to give Anita a bit of credit for this, the lad is brave in possession and demands the ball to feet, if Cabaye was fit he would still be warming the bench with Pardew saying he isnt ready, he is a clown. simple.

• 149 Santon03 // Dec 26, 2012 at 8:33 AM

Dannyo

I guess a lot of people heere are wrong including me, uninformed or clueless. Please share if you have more reliable source than what we see happening to our club.
    Because I don’t want to be uninformed or clueless anymore.

• 150 catchy in norway // Dec 26, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Santon

I’m confused, if fans like us are negative , because we want is for the team to attack more , we have looked at the squad and believe we have enough in there to be doing better than where we are

is negativity scared of change , living in the past , relying on the same old things hoping things will get better

For all you Pardew lovers / but lickers

I’m loving it,
    I love the fact you call your self fans but don’t want change just for the sake of stability , just the word stability , cos our club is far from stable stability means players fans coaches and management all rowing in the same direction

We have a far rich man at the top buy cheap sell high,
    I have no problem with this, it’s his club and to be honest he has provided us with the best squad in years

We have some numpty lameass thinking he can run the club like a hard mafia guy, he is out of his depth

We have G Carr , he is on a different page to the manager , gets us some amazing players at amazing prices , he must have been tearing what little hair he had left out in the summer,

We have a manager who has the best squad he has ever had , play them like the old Wimbledon , he sets his teams up defensive with attack minded players and wonders why we look poor, come out with very strange statements , says one thing does the other, plays defensive v poor teams attacks the good teams

Then there is the players, some of us have been saying for a long time things arnt right, some of you try to suggest its just poor form, you will not accept the possibility that its not right , we have had 2 good players all year santon and Anita the rest have been shadows of them selfs , but it’s not the manager , it’s the players

The 2 guys killing the club are lameass and parsnip , I don’t think ashley would say no to an extra million for debuchy, I think lameass thought he could play hard ball and get him, it went wrong

Now parsnip has came out and proved us right, there are problems and him and his captain did not speak all week , training must have been fun, colo acted on be half of the players , that’s his job, I it had of been Barton or tevez you could was this under the carpet, but colo, come on , something serious is wrong for him not to speak to the manager for a week
    He has lost the players, and there is no way back, it means doing a 180 and play the total oppisite to how he thinks, that’s like admitting he was/is wrong, he is to stubborn to do that,

Time for you to wake up