The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Pardew – We Carry A Threat To Manchester United

10:28 am, Wednesday, December 26th, 2012 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 93 Comments

Alan Pardew is hoping his players can get Newcastle our first win at Old Trafford in 40 years, but in all honesty we cannot say there’s much chance of that happening – but there’s always hope we suppose. :D

alan pardew in red

Alan Pardew – Manchester have a shaky defense

We won that game 2-0 back in 1972, and we’ve beaten Manchester since that time at home – like the 3-0 win in January, but we’ve never won at Old Trafford  since we beat them 2-0 in February  of 1972.

But Alan Pardew seems to be fairly upbeat about Newcastle’s chances today, as he had this to say in the local press:

“One clean sheet in 15 games offers us the opportunity and shows it is not impossible to score against them.” “We carry a threat. There is no doubt about that.” “We can score there and it is going to be about how we defend really. I think we will get a goal.”

“United have been vulnerable all year defensively. Some of their goals with the back four and the goalkeeper have not been as secure as teams of the past.” “Sir Alex Ferguson has been quoted as saying that.” “There is nothing we will not try to capitalize on.”

“We will try to capitalize on everything if we can.” “There is no point not packing the defense and not offering a threat, because it is probably the best route to winning the game.”

Unfortunately for Newcastle the Serbian International Nemanja Vidic is back from injury for the Red Devils and will start today alongside Jonny Evans in central defense, and that may make things a little bit more difficult for our lads.

But hey – in truth our players have nothing to lose because in our poll for the game 60% think we’ll lose this game with about one third of that percentage thinking we can win the game – at the time of writing this.

Our lads have got nothing to lose so they should go for it – and we’re sure they will – and who knows what may happen?

Let us know how you think this game will go.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Manchester United Today?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

===========================================

Tags: Coaching · Newcastle News · Premier League

93 responses so far ↓

• 1 roshan MAGPIE // Dec 26, 2012 at 10:29 AM

ha

• 2 Jail for Ashley // Dec 26, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Choking on his dry turkey sandwich is too good for Ashley .

• 3 Tsunki // Dec 26, 2012 at 10:30 AM

…so does herpes.

• 4 roshan MAGPIE // Dec 26, 2012 at 10:30 AM

take that Indian magpie I am first this time

• 5 Tsunki // Dec 26, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Off to make a sausage sandwich. Its culture all the way.

• 6 NEWEXPATMAGPIE // Dec 26, 2012 at 10:39 AM

My heart wants us to win !

But my head and also reality is in the way!

I think we will hold them until half time and that will be that?
    The trick will be not to pick up more injuries or needless Red Cards?

I fear the worst !

• 7 catchy in norway // Dec 26, 2012 at 10:41 AM

is taking a gun to shoot them with like?

• 8 Tommyy // Dec 26, 2012 at 10:47 AM

I can’t see us offering much of a threat at all to be honest, we create so little as it is against far lesser teams at home.
    Oh well, let’s hope it’s exciting at the very least!

• 9 jimiley // Dec 26, 2012 at 10:54 AM

I have a good feeling about this game. We are due a bit of luck. Jonas to score twice in a 2-1 win.

• 10 NEWEXPATMAGPIE // Dec 26, 2012 at 10:55 AM

We only need to look at the vote above to see what everyone thinks about the outcome this afternoon?

My Apologies to you Catchy if i offended you on the other Post!

• 11 hotdog // Dec 26, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Tsunki – Brown sauce on mine mate ;-)

• 12 jimiley // Dec 26, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Man U have a dodgy keeper,a dodgy defence and an old midfield. We can win this game comfortably if we take the game to them. Sit back and we will lose because our defence is none too clever either. Jonas to play a blinder on the wing and score a couple. A chip from the edge of the box and a 30 yard power drive. Simples!!!

• 13 NEWEXPATMAGPIE // Dec 26, 2012 at 11:05 AM

I,d love for you to be right Jimily but i think you,ve been dreaming!

Do any of your dreams come true?

• 14 hotdog // Dec 26, 2012 at 11:06 AM

jimiley – sarcasm there!

Its got to be a defeat today, ive thought we would get results there with much better teams than this one. Having said that “law of averages” and all that :-)

Im just hoping Cisse is not on the right wing again as Evra will destroy him

• 15 sirtoongospel // Dec 26, 2012 at 11:12 AM

1-1 today. They will murder us second half but we will hang on for a draw. Santon to score for us!!!

How’s that for confidence? Cisse will be right wing again unfortunately.

• 16 Mister Tuff // Dec 26, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Tsunki @ 13 -previous post;-
    Copied historic post -verbatim.
    Dannyo // Dec 17, 2012 at 5:22 PM
    I’m not voting for this, cause i think it’s the sum of all of em.
    1. We should’ve brought in atleast 2 defensive heavy duty signings.
    2. We need to invest in medical gear, much like the deal Man Utd made with Toshiba. A wise investement imo.
    3. Many players have been off form for a longer period, some still are. Which is odd cause if anything, AP is a manager who gets the best out of players individually. I dunno what we can add here, but maybe the lack of spending got to them? Maybe it’s just the general motivation.
    4. Maybe they could be wiser tactically, but i think the main reason here is not bringing in a coach with European experience.
    Had they done that, we’d be fighting for 4th right now, cause all i say is absolute and my footballing experience is greather than anyone else.
    That is all.

I rest my case .

• 17 Shot Bru // Dec 26, 2012 at 11:22 AM

When Newcastle play well we can pick up a draw at old trafford and 1-1 seems the popular score.

However considering we are playing with little confidence and have won only 3 times at old trafford since the 1930′s…i predict a heavy defeat.

Like jimiley says, Jonas will be the star man for us!

• 18 Marty-Toon // Dec 26, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Jimiley lol
    Jonas to score twice ??
    Now that’d e a shock

• 19 hugenufcfan // Dec 26, 2012 at 11:28 AM

One thing though is for sure. If we concede first, whatever slim chances we have of winning will just get slimmer.
    WE HAVEN’T WON A GAME ONCE WE CONCEDED THE FIRST GOAL since 2010.
    I mean even with our form last season we haven’t won after conceding the first goal.
    Here’s another stat for this season, WE HAVEN’T SCORED A SINGLE GOAL FROM CORNERS OR SET PIECES THIS SEASON.
    Also i don’t remember anybody scoring with their heads this season. Well another reason why we shouldn’t be playing #HOOFball.

• 20 Graeme // Dec 26, 2012 at 11:33 AM

If Pardew tries to set us up for a draw, not to lose, that’s exactly what will happen – we will get beaten. There is nothing to be gained following that strategy!!

If you want to win a game, or create a chance of winning a game, you have to score goals and create chances to score goals. You may well end up with a draw, You may well end up losing – BUT, if you don’t try and win it, then you are beaten before you start!!

• 21 Dannyo // Dec 26, 2012 at 11:35 AM

@Mr.Tuff/Tsunki
    That was sarcasm….
    That is all!

• 22 Lachu // Dec 26, 2012 at 11:35 AM

jimiley i like to kiss you like scholes on neville … Finally some one bullish and upbeat abt tonites game .. I think everyone has written us off .. i think we can get a draw at the least

• 23 magpie6699 // Dec 26, 2012 at 11:37 AM

huge – I think Ba trundled one back in with his head – Swansea?

• 24 hotdog // Dec 26, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Graeme – agreed we might aswell have a go but Rooney and RVP will have pick us off if we are to open.

Man U aint lost on boxing day for 20 years!

Everything points to them winning but this is football “a funny old game” i hope it is bloody hillarious by 4.50pm haha

• 25 Marty-Toon // Dec 26, 2012 at 11:40 AM

@hugenufcfan
    You can’t remember anyone scoring with their head this season.??
    BA in the City game

• 26 Dannyo // Dec 26, 2012 at 11:43 AM

@Mister Tuff
    Also, i’d like to add this;
    I’ve been arguing that firing AP is not the answer, and i must’ve given atleast 10 various reasons for it and reasons within the reasons.
    And i have probably done that dousins of times and i did that last season and the season before that, but probably in less of a degree.

So when all these “Pardew outs, i hope we lose, i hope he leaves” sentences pops up from the same people, over and over and over again, and then someone comes and adds to that headless chicken business.
    I just say i think they are all out of this world and that their oppinions matters as much to me as shit on a toilet paper. They are the same people, and they do it tirelessly, beliving someone actually listens.
    Mental.

• 27 Mister Tuff // Dec 26, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Dannyo @21 – I withdraw my accusation of you being a tool.

• 28 NEWEXPATMAGPIE // Dec 26, 2012 at 11:49 AM

See Ferguson is playing Mind Games again !

I like to see a manager of the oppisition writing us off before a ball has been kicked?

If we go at them from the start then we have a chance, if we go at them score and then sit back we will get beat, simple as that !

We need to go at them for the whole game to have any chance what so ever, the problem is so far this year they,ve made a goal and then just stopped attacking, need to get two or even three against Manure to even stand a chance!~

Then there,s RVP who always tries to wind up Krul when we play him, also has a habit of scoring in injury time? I freeking hate Van Persie and always have done!

We will see!

• 29 NEWEXPATMAGPIE // Dec 26, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Dannyo @26:

Totally with you on what you just said!

• 30 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 26, 2012 at 11:55 AM

By the way, why am I the girl in the relationship? Is it because I am the pretty one? ;-)

‘…It’s just the curse of being a girl
    tonight
    you must hold your head up high
    and be aware that
    you’re the purest pearl tonight
    and shoot their reflections
    back in their eyes’

Lyrics from Kashmir’s song ‘the Curse of Being a Girl’!

Did anyone see the Swansea – Man Utd. match? How come Man Utd. can score from a corner; it’s not like RVP is some sort of specialist or Evra a proven goal threat! Are we just that bad?

• 31 moonraker // Dec 26, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Park the bus in front of the goal and pray!!!

• 32 Dannyo // Dec 26, 2012 at 11:59 AM

@jesper
    Man, haven’t u been watching.
    It’s not us that are bad, it’s Willo :P

• 33 NEWEXPATMAGPIE // Dec 26, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Jesper @ 30:

It pains me to say it, but, we are not a patch on the same team we had last season.

Also with the same players, our brightest stars this year who still have their best to give, are: “Vernon Anita”! and “Davide Santon”!

• 34 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Dec 26, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Dannyo
    Hooray some common sense on Pardew and the TOON.

20 years since Man-ure lost on Boxing. How many of them have been at home ?

Toon to break that record!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 35 Mister Tuff // Dec 26, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Dannyo @26.
    I understand that by historic statistics -sacking managers mid -term does not always work out to the benefit to the club -certainly in the short term. I make no secret of the fact that we are probably “stuck” with Parsnip for the foreseeable future. From initial murmurings last season about behind the scenes discontent -incidents now appear to be happening on a regular basis – the Collo row, Ba twice being spoken to re his tweets -and no action being taken by the club, denial of long ball tactics, strange tactics, confusing press statements, press releases that we will get one player in January, then two, then three -and Parsnip “going public” with the Collo row in the first place -must suggest to all but the blind that all is not well behind the scenes. I think Parsnip has been found wanting – and I would sack him. But my view is irrelevant to those in charge who will probably stick with Parsnip. My fear is that new arrivals in January (I believe at least three) could have their future careers spoiled under the current regime – confining the Toon to even more years of mediocrity..

• 36 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 26, 2012 at 12:09 PM

…just a thought! Why are we aiming at Wilo again?

I havw always been thought that you aim for a certain area (not always the same one of course) and in order to make that area dangerous you need movement in the box!

I am 5’9 and I more less always win a duel in the air :-) Wilo cannot jump to save his life and his timing is really bad.

Here’s a new strategy they can try. Try hitting the area arounf the near post and go for a goal or a flick on. It is very simple and very dangerous :-)

• 37 wreker16 // Dec 26, 2012 at 12:09 PM

“Attack is the best route to winning the game” there’s hope for marvaux yet!!!!!!!!!

• 38 t00ntime // Dec 26, 2012 at 12:18 PM

The funny thing about nufc is, we probably have more chance of winning this game than those 5 ‘easy’ games. Cant see us winning today, but i know for sure we will put in great performances for the next 3 games and then all of a sudden when an ‘easy’ team comes we will play awful.

• 39 Dannyo // Dec 26, 2012 at 12:19 PM

@Mister Tuff
    See, first off, this long ball tactic doesn’t make sense to me. Against all the teams we’ve played well against, we haven’t played that much long balls. And those we have played have either come from Willo, Krul and Simmo, mostly.
    I’m not denying we’ve played it, cause we have. I’m just not seeing how AP would delibraitly go out there and say “play it long”.

Look at the players being purchased, HBA, Cabaye, Marveux, Anita, Santon. Ba and CIsse are also players who play best with balls at their feets.

Saylor starting the season saying they’ve improved their passing play, AP saying we need to controll the midfield and work on ball retention. And how many of those players are big and strong and ready for hoofball tactics?

U do none of those things by playing the long ball, it’s impossible. It’s a confidence issue. AP knows our faults, he’s spoken about them, the same issues that we speak about on this blog. The last 4 games the long ball ratio has dropped severely and our play has improved in paralell.

I flipping guarantee you, if we get those 3 players in, CB, FB and striker or CM, the long ball ratio will drop further, and we all, including players, will recieve a lift.

• 40 Joe Blog // Dec 26, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Great to see the Christmas spirit has been quickly extinguished. We couldn’t remain pleasant for more than one day, that would be preposterous!

• 41 catchy in norway // Dec 26, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Sanyo

I know we will get beat today, lets face it these are not inspiring times right now, football or what the guys says

His latest victim , cisse,

None of your reasons make sense to keep the guy , finishing fifth was last year,
    The football was just as shit then

Last year your only answer was look at the table

I also think you will find the group is getting quite large for wanting him out, and a lot of the ones wanting to keep him are say it’s because it will be hard to find a replacement right now,
    That’s not saying he is right for the job

• 42 DarloGeordie // Dec 26, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Well I’ll have a slut in one arm and a bottle of
    Chang in the other so whatever the result I don’t care….

Hope everyone had a good Christmas if I never post again I’ve contracted HIV and have topped me self.

• 43 DarloGeordie // Dec 26, 2012 at 12:28 PM

1-1′s my prediction (hope) tho

• 44 Jail for Ashley // Dec 26, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Newex mag
    It pains me to say it for the umpteenth time is that the reason we are not the same team as last year is because the playing staff have realised is that our owner has only ambitions of mid table mediocrity,this I believe can sap a players morale in the same way finding out the gaffers shagging his missus .

• 45 Big Pappa Cissé // Dec 26, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Van Persie against Willo, god help us :)

• 46 Dannyo // Dec 26, 2012 at 12:32 PM

@Catchy
    I’m gonna guess and say “Sanyo” is me, cause i don’t see anyone else close to that name.
    Last year, my answer was table, results, players brought in, stats, spirit.
    Cause if you compare last years stats with this year, they are worlds apart.

Also, ofc the “AP out” brigade is getting bigger, we’re losing games, it’s natural that people lose their patience. I’m just here saying, it’s pre-mature, and it’s never, ever, been an answer to our problems.

• 47 jimiley // Dec 26, 2012 at 12:34 PM

We can win today with a Jonas brace. 2- 1 to Toon. They will get a dodgy penalty. They will be overconfident and not try until the last 30 but we will hang on. Willo to play a blinder to deny Persie and Rooney. Come on the Toon!!!!

• 48 jimiley // Dec 26, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Krul will lay out Persie in last minute and get sent off. But it will be too late for the Mancs to take advantage.

• 49 t00ntime // Dec 26, 2012 at 12:35 PM

@catchy we cant just get rid of every manger as soon as they go in to bad patches. We need to give AP time. He is the best manger we can get atm, but also like we saw last season he doesnt need big money to have a good season. The last 2/3 games we have been playing better, why would we get rid of AP now things are starting to go up? Nobody expects a win today but if we can put in a good performance and come out strong, arsenal are there for the taking. (wont be easy though).

Also where has this longball talk come from again? We havent being longball for the last 3 games. (we had more passes completed than city according to nufc_stats). I think we might have some longball in the first 10mins just so we can get into the game without conceding but i cant see us playing it all 90mins

• 50 hugenufcfan // Dec 26, 2012 at 12:45 PM

@magpie6699#23 and @Marty-Toon#25.

You’re right guys, but the point i wanted to drive home is that HOOFball is not the way to go playing our game.
    Probably the best match we’ve played this season was against Man City, in which we were passing the ball around awesomely and created problems for Man City.

• 51 Anth // Dec 26, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Guna be a bad day at the office for the toon t’day like!

• 52 Anth // Dec 26, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Bad day at the office for the toon I reckon! I hope I’m wrong.

• 53 Rotonda heights // Dec 26, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Anth

Getting very used to it. The captain and leading scorer like many of us don’t agree with pardew’s tactics and Cisse, Benny and Marv are peed off with Pardew too. Not a great basis for match preparation !!

It’s funny M.A got rid of Allardyce because he didn’t like his style, but this is worse, much worse.

• 54 chris_g // Dec 26, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Dannyo
    It’s true that most of the long balls we play come from Krul, but it’s wrong to suggest that most of the others come from Willo and Simpson

The stats from last weekend show that we played a total of 56 long balls against QPR, as follows:

Krul 16
    Tiote 9
    Coloccini 7
    Santon 7
    Anita 6
    Obertan 3
    Simpson 3
    Perch 2
    Williamson 2
    Gutierrez 1

source: http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/615094/LiveStatistics/England-Premier-League-2012-2013-Newcastle-United-Queens-Park-Rangers

• 55 Rotonda heights // Dec 26, 2012 at 12:57 PM

toontime

how exactly are things starting to go up?

We beat a bottom team at home and only when pardew
    finally almost too late, put on some pace and flair.

• 56 Ashley-ModernDaySanta // Dec 26, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Any links for todays game guys?

• 57 Rotonda heights // Dec 26, 2012 at 1:05 PM

dannyo

No one knows why Pardew has been playing long ball all season with the technical players we have. it’s lunacy but the stats show us to be the premeir league’s worst offenders, even worse than stoke and west ham who are known fo it.

Ba and now Colo have both spoken out about it and with the last few games you wonder if the players have taken it in to their own hands a bit to ditch hoofball and ignore pardew.

I think beardo could do a good holding job, possibly even longer till we can get a good technical continental coach to work with a vey talented bunch of players.

• 58 catchy in norway // Dec 26, 2012 at 1:10 PM

dannyo

no i never ment to call you that,, it was my phone, auto correct, and i am sorry it happened,
    i would hope that the tone was not agressive and would tell you that, i tried to answer you, rather than rant

you say the 2 season are different,, i disagree , i think there pretty much the same, the football is poor as it was last year for most parts, just the results kept rolling in last year

toontime

hoofball has stoped 3 games ago,, not long ago you said it couldnt stop because we didnt have the right players,, you stuck up for pardew for playing longball,,

now he has proved it was him training this way,, does it make the first 15 matches ok ???

playing hoofball v west ham villa swansea, reading ,, it was ok to play it that way then,, these games could have should have been all wins with the players playing,,

you said its not pardew telling them to play this way

so is colo arguing about wanting to play long ball

im confused now

is it the players or pardew

who wins player or pardew

its not about getting a manager every bad patch,, none of us wanted rid of CH, i would say 99% where happy,

CH had a much harder job to do with bigger egos, and did it great,, if pardew is such a great man manager, how has he falling out with one of the quietest players we have colo??

come on guys,, this is wrong

how many times in the last 10 years has a manager had a falling out with his captain then went public?? never

the only other fall out that i remember is man u,, kean v fergy, kean a man u legend is not been anywhere near the club since?

one will go,, i know which id prefer

• 59 rainrix // Dec 26, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Wait wasnt manu’s 1 clean sheet in 15 against us? :)

Anyway hope you all had a good xmas and enjoy the rest of the party season :)

• 60 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 26, 2012 at 1:13 PM

2-1 to the toon today!
    C’mon lads lets go for it mainly so we shut catchy up for another day like!!!
    Or was a loss today on catchy’s list to santa?

• 61 catchy in norway // Dec 26, 2012 at 1:17 PM

toonarmydownsouth

are you what is called a true supporter cos you think we will win 2-1

• 62 ba humbug // Dec 26, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Dannyo @ 39 spot on – we have more ball players than hoofers but are reduced to the weakest link. I do not think Pardew tells them to hoof it and has been gesturing at Krul when he has done recently.
    Three decent signings and we will be in top ten this season.

CATCHY
    Please seek medical help urgently. OCD can be treated.

and finally … as officiial spokesperson for the main man. “I am going to PSG when they’ll have me and if they don’t I’ll go to Arsenal cos they speak French”

• 63 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 26, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Catchy
    No because i dont say that i WANT my team to lose every week unlike you
    Your really not a supporter more a clinically depressed bore
    Hope you enjoyed your xmas mate whilst most of us were enjoy fine company, watching our loved ones open there presents and having a cracking meal you still found to come on and b1tch and whinge about pardew, seriously its not healthy mate!

• 64 Spreadthetoon // Dec 26, 2012 at 1:25 PM

From previous article on Cisse…

“When you look at him in training, we are a little bit perplexed as to why he’s not scoring goals”……what you cannot work out that playing Cisse out on the flank does not suit his style…….??!!
    Again another comment from AP “but I am not going to go into that with you”….then why mention it….it just irritates people.
    “We’ve got goals in us, Man U have conceded goals so I think its all about defense”……do I detect some negative defensive play…….oh I hope not as it is painful…..

IMO should play Cisse centrally up front……cannot see that happening though……hope I am wrong!

• 65 NorseToon // Dec 26, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Win today, turn this mess around. Snatch a win against Arsenal. Buy a couple class players. Players fit again soon. We’ll be alright. Cheers ;-)

• 66 NorseToon // Dec 26, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Or lose today. Lose to Arsenal. Fukc up the transfer window. Sell Ba. LoL

• 67 catchy in norway // Dec 26, 2012 at 1:40 PM

toonarmydownsouth

its called realisim

my head is not in the clouds,, that southen air must be getting to you

can you answer why cisse is not scoring goals TDS,, pardew carnt
    i can
    others can

but can you

• 68 catchy in norway // Dec 26, 2012 at 1:41 PM

20 mins to line up time

it will be krul

simpson williamson colo santon

anita perch obertan jonas
    cisse ba

• 69 Joe Blog // Dec 26, 2012 at 1:44 PM

F*** Ba, touting himself to other clubs, he, despite his goal record (not hard to come by when you’re monopolizing the CF position and shooting at every possible opportunity), he’s a big reason for the fractious spirit. I’d drop him immediately, but that won’t happen.

Team I expect to line-up:

_______________Krul_______________
    Simpson____Willo____Colo____Santon
    Obertan____Anita____Perch____Jonas
    __________Shola____Ba

Marveaux will once again be overlooked. I’m sure Man U have conceded the majority of their goals from headers, this season – you can be assured Pardew was rubbing his hands at that stat, means he can play his favourite style, whilst having a ready-made excuse if it fails to produce the desired effect.

• 70 catchy in norway // Dec 26, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Joe Blog

god call for shola

hmmm will parsnip be that brave

lmfao

• 71 Spreadthetoon // Dec 26, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Really hope for a positive attacking display……sadly knowing AP I recognize that we’re likely to park the bus, reckon we could end up playing the majority of the match in our own half……..could get absolutely spanked though optimistically voted for a draw!
    If it’s the same old same with Ba in centre, Cisse and Jonas on the flanks, no marv, no obertan then we will get a kicking……..I hope AP has the foresight to turn things round but sadly I’ve nearly reached the opinion that he hasn’t.
    Anyone remember he lost the dressing room at West Ham…..god did he come up with some terrible quotes/sayings to the lads…….if AP has lost the dressing room and is unwilling to listen to the team / players then we’re all in big trouble. Here’s to hoping the revolution starts today and that AP proves us all wrong and grabs something from this fixture.

• 72 tonynufc // Dec 26, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Alrite lads.
    can someone help me out here
    Am looking or a good streaming site site. sick of the popups on frontrow, vipbox,usagoals etc etc, i used to pay for games online but i think the PL has shut the sites down. any ideas
    thanks.

• 73 nufcburty // Dec 26, 2012 at 2:02 PM

• 74 Joe Blog // Dec 26, 2012 at 2:02 PM

What’s going on here then!?

NUFC team v Man Utd: Krul; Simpson, Williamson, Coloccini (c), Santon; Anita, Perch, Bigirimana; Cisse, Ba, Marveaux

• 75 nufcburty // Dec 26, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Krul; Simpson, Williamson, Coloccini (c), Santon; Anita, Perch, Bigirimana; Cisse, Ba, Marveaux the line up announced

• 76 MUTINYbyLEMONS // Dec 26, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Good line up lads

• 77 hainesy // Dec 26, 2012 at 2:03 PM

No JONAS! Wooooo! F**king brilliant!

• 78 Joe Blog // Dec 26, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Can only imagine Jonas has a niggle, as he’s not even on the bench.

#nufc subs v #mufc Elliot, Tavernier, Ferguson, Obertan, Sammy Ameobi, Campbell, Shola Ameobi

• 79 BelfastMagpie // Dec 26, 2012 at 2:04 PM

F****** hell he’s dropped Jonas. lol

Go on son ! :-)

• 80 shearermania // Dec 26, 2012 at 2:05 PM

hoping for the best, praying for mercy but reality is:this could get ugly

• 81 nufcburty // Dec 26, 2012 at 2:06 PM

De Gea, Jones, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Carrick, Cleverley, Young, Valencia, Rooney, v.Persie.
    shit.

• 82 shearermania // Dec 26, 2012 at 2:06 PM

bigi ..what the hell

• 83 Spreadthetoon // Dec 26, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Anita / Perch / Bigi – all defensive players really (god we’ve got a THIN squad, defo need ANO CAM), looks like Marv on the flank but better suited to a central role and Obertan not in it……sorry but this looks like more of the same….Cisse on the flank ….WTF! I’d rather Obertan played than Cisse, if Ba does not score in the 1st half then put Cisse in the middle…..surely.

• 84 Spreadthetoon // Dec 26, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Positives no Jonas and 4-3-3 it looks like.

• 85 tonynufc // Dec 26, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Alrite lads.
    can someone help me out here
    thanks.

• 86 Marty-Toon // Dec 26, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Gonna be important to get our midfield on the ball and getting close to our attackers.
    We will need to be a threat to their goal as they’re gonna threaten ours throughout the game

• 87 nufc786 // Dec 26, 2012 at 2:09 PM

please pick a stream any stream….

• 88 toonLYF // Dec 26, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Most ambitious yet sense-making line up of the season so far.

Howay the f****** boys!

Mr. Pardew could stun us even more by making it

——————–Krul——————-

Simpson-Williamson–Coloccini-Santon

———–Bigirimana-Perchinho———-
    ———————Anita——————

Marveaux———Cisse—————-Ba

• 89 bills-son // Dec 26, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Massive test for our midfield today, especially Bigi.

I hope Pards has worked on getting Cisse involved in the play and it’ll be interesting to see where Marveaux plays.

2.1 to us!

• 90 nufcburty // Dec 26, 2012 at 2:11 PM

De Gea, Smalling, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra, Valencia, Carrick, Scholes, Giggs, Van Persie, Hernandez
    apologies, blame Lee Ryder haha!

• 91 Spreadthetoon // Dec 26, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Toonlyf

Would jump for joy if that happened……Cisse in the middle all day long for me!

• 92 Rotonda heights // Dec 26, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Yes to moving to 433
    Yes to keeping the ball on the ground.
    No to Cisse as a right winger!

Cisse is not a right winger
    Benny when fit should not be isolated as a winger
    Cabaye when fit should not be played deep in a 442

• 93 dids // Dec 26, 2012 at 4:01 PM

got £100 on at 12/1 suicidal i know but just had that feeling. feel feel feel it its coming boys

previous post: Demba Ba Says He’s Not Really Ready To Leave Newcastle