The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

This Senegal Striker Loves Newcastle – And The Fans Love Him

9:11 am, Wednesday, December 26th, 2012 by Ed Harrison · 39 Comments

Papiss Cisse has only two Premier League goals this season and four goals in all competitions, and that’s a far cry from his exploits of last season when in his first 14 appearances for Newcastle he scored 13 goals, but there are definite signs that the Senegal captain is getting his confidence back – and some goals could be on the way.

papiss cisse after scoring man united

Papiss Cisse – confidence is coming back

And Papiss found out that he is very well liked by the Newcastle fans, even though he has been struggling this season, when there were boos around St. James’ Park on Saturday – when Alan Pardew substituted him after an hour for Shola Ameobi, who went on to score the sinning goals on 81 minutes.

Alan Pardew thinks that booing will buoy Papiss Cisse’s spirits, as the Newcastle manager had this to say today in the local press:

“Papiss just wants to play well.” “He loves Newcastle and the fans love him.” “That showed in his and their reaction.” “I have no problem with that. It’s not a bad thing; it’s a good thing.”

“He knows he has the love of the fans on his side, although he’s had a disappointing time. But he is a goalscorer, so what more would you want as a striker than their love. “Papiss is just the same off the park. He’s not really changed. When you look at him in training, we are a little bit perplexed as to why he’s not scoring goals.”

“I thought he had three good chances on Saturday, including one at the back post and another couple of headers.” “He is getting there, getting chances and that’s the main thing.” “I have talked to him. But I’m not going to tell you what I said to him.”

“I actually think the boos were a nice moment for him.” “He seemed to walk very slowly when he came off. You can’t ask for more from our fans with the run we’ve been on.” “They have really showed their patience.” “I’m not just saying that to gain favor with them. It’s the truth.”

Alan Pardew has often said that in training this season that Papiss is as good as last season, and it’s a bit of a mystery why he hasn’t scored more goals – but of course we still have 20 league games to play before the end of the season.

There’s a statement in sports that form is fleeting but class is permanent – and that applies to Papiss Cisse – just you wait and see.

Howay The Lads!!

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Coaching · Newcastle News · Papiss Cisse

39 responses so far ↓

• 1 Indian Magpie // Dec 26, 2012 at 9:14 AM

I Love Newcastle too Ed, But no one loves me. :cry:

• 2 RonVanDam // Dec 26, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Cisse and Ba to score 1 each today

• 3 catchy in norway // Dec 26, 2012 at 9:15 AM

150catchy in norway // Dec 26, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Santon

I’m confused, if fans like us are negative , because we want is for the team to attack more , we have looked at the squad and believe we have enough in there to be doing better than where we are

is negativity scared of change , living in the past , relying on the same old things hoping things will get better

For all you Pardew lovers / but lickers

I’m loving it,
    I love the fact you call your self fans but don’t want change just for the sake of stability , just the word stability , cos our club is far from stable stability means players fans coaches and management all rowing in the same direction

We have a far rich man at the top buy cheap sell high,
    I have no problem with this, it’s his club and to be honest he has provided us with the best squad in years

We have some numpty lameass thinking he can run the club like a hard mafia guy, he is out of his depth

We have G Carr , he is on a different page to the manager , gets us some amazing players at amazing prices , he must have been tearing what little hair he had left out in the summer,

We have a manager who has the best squad he has ever had , play them like the old Wimbledon , he sets his teams up defensive with attack minded players and wonders why we look poor, come out with very strange statements , says one thing does the other, plays defensive v poor teams attacks the good teams

Then there is the players, some of us have been saying for a long time things arnt right, some of you try to suggest its just poor form, you will not accept the possibility that its not right , we have had 2 good players all year santon and Anita the rest have been shadows of them selfs , but it’s not the manager , it’s the players

The 2 guys killing the club are lameass and parsnip , I don’t think ashley would say no to an extra million for debuchy, I think lameass thought he could play hard ball and get him, it went wrong

Now parsnip has came out and proved us right, there are problems and him and his captain did not speak all week , training must have been fun, colo acted on be half of the players , that’s his job, I it had of been Barton or tevez you could was this under the carpet, but colo, come on , something serious is wrong for him not to speak to the manager for a week
    He has lost the players, and there is no way back, it means doing a 180 and play the total oppisite to how he thinks, that’s like admitting he was/is wrong, he is to stubborn to do that,

Time for you to wake up

5-0 today

• 4 RonVanDam // Dec 26, 2012 at 9:17 AM

@ Indian Magpie

I dont love you, i like u in a non homo way. U speak whats on your mind whether its right or wrong and you can handle criticisms

• 5 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 26, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Indian…Shola loves everyone.

Ronvandam….That would be nice. The blog may implode though.

On Cisse…Tbh, this is much like Ba last season for me. They both have still had decent chances from a wide position, but neither seem to be able to take them. Bizarre really seeing as both have scored goals when not in typical CF positions.

Anyway, Cisse surely knows he’s loved by the toon army, I mean they can’t hate both their top goal scorers, can they?

• 6 tequilamag // Dec 26, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Catchy we call ourselves fans because we want the team to win.
    That`s not really a statement you can make is it?

• 7 Indian Magpie // Dec 26, 2012 at 9:20 AM

• 8 RonVanDam // Dec 26, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Just under 6 hours before kick off. We have a bad record at OT and haven’t beaten them since 1972?? I’ll be happy with a draw since we dont have the 2 Taylors, Ben Arfa, Cabaye and Tioti

• 9 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 26, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Catchy….How was your day? Full of festive fun I hope.

We’ll start with this one (if you’d like):

“We have G Carr , he is on a different page to the manager , gets us some amazing players at amazing prices , he must have been tearing what little hair he had left out in the summer”

You start with an indication that you were criticising Pardew, but the summer window was more down to Ashley and Llambias, no? If we’re talking transfers, surely Carr would be upset with them two, not Pardew?

• 10 Indian Magpie // Dec 26, 2012 at 9:23 AM

IBIZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• 11 Santon03 // Dec 26, 2012 at 9:24 AM

Catchy

Yes I don’t like AP, but I don’t want to see we got beaten 5-0 hehehe. It will ruin my holiday hahahaha.

• 12 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 26, 2012 at 9:25 AM

IIIIIINNNNNNNDDDDDDIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAANNNNNNN!!!!!!

*Runs in slow motion down the beach, hair flowing, beaming smile on his face*

• 13 Santon03 // Dec 26, 2012 at 9:25 AM

btw Ibiza, your girlfriend Jesper is back :P

• 14 RonVanDam // Dec 26, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Something tells me Indian is drunk and getting emotional on the keyboard. Had a few too many cold ones eh

• 15 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 26, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Catchy… Now on to Colo…. Has there been other reports? I heard they had a bust up, but not they hadn’t spoken for a week and that it was about the teams playing style? Can you give me a link or is that from http://www.anotherfootballingassumption.com?

• 16 Santon03 // Dec 26, 2012 at 9:27 AM

btw I don’t like only AP, I don’t mind MA or DL.

• 17 Indian Magpie // Dec 26, 2012 at 9:29 AM

RVD

I am a teetotaler

• 18 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 26, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Santon…I noticed. I’ve showered and done my hair especially for the occasion.

What is there to like about DL? MA is what he is and I’m feeling far too festive to start with him today.

• 19 catchy in norway // Dec 26, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Ibiza

That is my point

Carr is unhappy with lameass ,

Car and lameass have not a lot to do with day to day training or match days ,

The squad is and has been good enough to get better results than we have got right now,

But I like how you focus on that part and not the part where Pardew seems to be losing the players , there is only fans as losers and the manager loses his job, players will still be there, well at least I hope we keep our better ones

What’s your take on Pardew falling out with colo

• 20 Indian Magpie // Dec 26, 2012 at 9:33 AM

IBIZA

Jesper is the GF, i was under the impression it was other way round

• 21 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 26, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Catchy…I did say we’ll start with Carr, an indication that we have lots more to talk about :)

I figure it being boxing day we can box it out with our ideas.

On Colo…See my comment at 15 first, I need educating.

• 22 Santon03 // Dec 26, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Ibiza

we have no debt. They are being cheap = yes, but that also make us winner when we can buy players like Tiote, Cabaye, HBA, Cisse, Ba, Marveaux, etc. with very good price. Last time we said Liverfool (Daglish) are idiots for buying AC, Downing, Henderson, spent 120mil.

• 23 headtheball // Dec 26, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Indian Magpie
    You are an NUFC fan so of course we love you but we also love Shola.
    HWTL

• 24 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 26, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Indian…We’re not fussed really. We’re past that stage. In any healthy relationship, both partners must be equals or it wont work :)

Santon….So you don’t mind Llambias for assisting Ashley in getting the clubs finances in order and helping get the players you mentioned to the club?

• 25 Tsunki // Dec 26, 2012 at 9:37 AM

AAaawwww Indian thats not true. Shola loves you to bits. Many, many bits.

Catchy I actually appreciate your fervour, if not your deranged sentiment ha ha. I get where you are coming from and your frustrations but sometimes I think you slip up on hammering your agenda too hard. OK thats an understatement ha ha, but you dont seem to appreciate he ramifications of what you propose. Changing managers has its short-term effects but in some cases those effects can be damaging rather than boosting. In our case, this is not really an established squad which has come to a parting of the ways with its own establishment, its still in a state of change from the time when Ashley fist bailed the club out (although for selfish reasons) and things move very slowly especially where the owners find out the painful truth of their own inadequacies in an alien business. You want radical change which is a bit like chucking the cake out before it has had chance to rise.

The team is decimated, that is a fact. It is short in squad terms of the necessary talent, unfortunately that is also a fact. It had been hoped that bargain talent scouting would prop up our ambitions for another season, but because of the first reason, this has been called out. Pardew wouldnt be the only manager to see that content would have to be sacrificed for percentage play when they realise their team sheet is devoid of cover in all areas. Frustrations naturally set in when players are asked to no longer play nice but ugly. I am prepared to forgive Pardew IF we ride out this current situation, and when players come back, a few necessary signings are made, and the team is shaped to play more to attack the league than stay in it. I am also prepared to pillory him if the above does not happen, and we come to be the jest of the Premiership still playing hit and hope with a full and obviously talented squad.

But I have always detested those fickle club chairmen who have fired on impulse more because of their own ego and determination to show their peers they are the big businessman who cannot fail than for love of their club. In this case I actually laud Mike Ashley for having the grit to see his plan through even though their may be severe pains at times before it smoothes out.

Being an NUFC fan is in itself an education in patience and resilience, isn’t it?

• 26 roshan MAGPIE // Dec 26, 2012 at 9:40 AM

anyone off you think that carr should be our manager he knows which players are good and all so he could be a really good manager

• 27 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 26, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Tsunki….A good morning to you sir. You seemed to be talking sense and then made up a word. What is this “patience” you speak of?

• 28 Santon03 // Dec 26, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Ibiza

I only hate AP. I like DL and MA.
    I’m going to get hammered for this comments hahahahah

• 29 Taxi for Pardew // Dec 26, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Hope Pardip appreciates that the chorus of boos were for him and for him only, he needs to shape up and try by starting to play decent football today,

Wonder if Pardew is playing Jonas because he is his pissed off captains best mate, oh the troubles of being an average manager with no clue. You have made your bed Parsnip now lie in it.

• 30 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 26, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Roshan…Hasn’t he been in management before? Not sure it’s where his strengths are.

• 31 davetoon // Dec 26, 2012 at 9:43 AM

hopefully we can get some luck @ OT like we did with the dodgy pen last season

• 32 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 26, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Santon….Not a lot to say to that really. If that’s your only reason to not mind Llambias, Pardew did help get a fair few of those players to the club to you know?

• 33 Marty-Toon // Dec 26, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Indian,
    You’re very much loved on here,maybe not all your posts but ya know we all love a good Indian now and again :-)

• 34 Santon03 // Dec 26, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Ibiza

It’s just some from many reasons, yes they are lacking in some areas, but overall they are good owner and director.

• 35 catchy in norway // Dec 26, 2012 at 9:50 AM

Tunski

Short term long term , as long as Pardew is not there then I think we will move forward

We have injuries now, but it’s not like it’s been like this all season , or has it,
    Our biggest handicap seems to be Pardew , when we had nearly all of our players earlier in the season , you remember cabaye , being played as a defensive footballer watching balls go over his head , why could he not try and play the ball on the deck back then , both HBA and cabaye are among the best in the prem, right now it seems the players are even getting on Pardews back about the style, now with lesser players he is playing it on the deck, leaving his most creative player on the bench for 80 mins

It was an insult that obertan just back from 6 weeks out got on first

Pardew has lost the plot

• 36 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Dec 26, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Santon…Okay then. Still, that sentiment could apply to Pardew. You’re allowed to not like him though.

• 37 shielsy_83 // Dec 26, 2012 at 10:06 AM

catchy get owa ya sell ya mug . (as long as pardew is not there we will move forward) weather it be pardew or any other manager for that matter if you chairman aint gonna back you up with the cash after a good season last season as a manager your pissing in the wind so stop this pardew is to blame shit we all want our team to win but if we aint got the players to keep our first 11 on there toe’s or even come in when we got injuries like we have now then were ganna struggle that not pardews fault but the boards.

• 38 NEWEXPATMAGPIE // Dec 26, 2012 at 10:25 AM

There are two ways it could go today at Old Trafford ?

A point would be nice but i fear the worst !

Need to watch out for RVP in the last ten minutes + injury time.

I can see us holding them till half time maybe and then collapsing like a pack of cards ! Please lets not score 0-1 then stop attacking again!

Catchy:-

I can understand where your coming from but i can,t say that i agree with everything you say. I,ve a feeling that even if a miracle happened this afternoon and we won at OT for the first time since 1972 that you will still be on here singing the same tune!

I still support Pardew although my confidence in him is beginning to fade because he contradicts himself a lot of the time. Collocini has highlighted the problems in team selection and tactics, and has probably echoed the thoughts of 90% of the Toon Army.

Sacking Pardew is not the solution, or at least, “Not Yet”!
    Such a sudden and frivilous action would take us a big step backwards and have us Relegated at the end of the season!

That for me is unthinkable and i,d prefer not to comment on such a scenario. Then, maybe your negativity and bitching on here wil all of been worth it Catchy, because if that happens, then we will all have something to Bitch about!
    The time to get a new Manager would be at seasons end and not now, if indeed, a new manager is really needed?

I am reserving a lot of my judgement until 31 Jan 2013 and waiting to see where we are then with regards to signings and players sold etc!

Meanwhile i wait to see if we get anything in Manchester and also on New Years Day in London! The Gunners away is also not an easy fixture, although we we will have Tiote back for that one!
    A win today may have you choking on your Turkey Catchy, but then again, a win today will never make you change your vieuws abou the state of the Club at the moment!

• 39 thepict // Dec 26, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Just maybe our esteemed manager will play Cisse through the middle and not as a winger and tell Baheed to play on the wing . If he doesn’t like it, he knows what he can do.

previous post: Papiss Cisse Will Come Back Strongly For Newcastle