The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Wenger Sides With Pardew In Ferguson Altercation

9:11 am, Saturday, December 29th, 2012 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 7 Comments

Arsene Wenger doesn’t have the best record for behaving himself on the touch-line at games, especially when Arsenal are behind, but he has come out today and seems to agree with Alan Pardew that Alex Ferguson on Wednesday would have received some punishment for his harassing the referee and linesman throughout the game against Newcastle.

arsene wenger smiling

Arsene Wenger – sides with Alan Pardew in Ferguson altercation

And of course Ferguson showed himself up (what again?) yesterday, when he slammed Pardew and the wee club in the North East that he manages, and there’s reports the Newcastle hierarchy are furious at Alex’s immature comments, but it was wise they did not respond in kind to Ferguson’s rather childish and immature comments.

All Ferguson did yesterday was show one again he may be one of the best managers in the world, but as a person he’s way down the league – but we already knew that.

This is what Arsene Wenger said about the Ferguson’s antics and the Arsenal manager thinks there should be one set up rules applied – whoever the manager is:

“Should you behave like that? No.” “I did not always behave like I should and you can call that a bad example. The message it sends out when you look at the pictures is not to behave like that.”

“Sometimes we go overboard on the touch-line. When we do that, we have to be punished, it’s as simple as that. If it is me or Ferguson or anybody else in the world, the rules are the rules, not one rule for one person and others for another.”

While Ferguson has escaped any punishment for his ridiculous antics during the Newcastle game,  the FA confirmed yesterday they had written to Roberto Mancini and Harry Redknapp and asked them to explain their post-match comments on Wednesday night.

Are the FA afraid to confront Alex Ferguson – it certainly looks that way.

If Manchester United are the most famous club in the world, then their manager has just embarrassed his club with the comments he made about Pardew and Newcastle United.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Newcastle News · Other News

7 responses so far ↓

• 1 Blaydon-Toon // Dec 29, 2012 at 9:20 AM

First again woo woo ,-)

• 2 JP...from The Rock // Dec 29, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Ed I am posting this once again because this is what I think about it, and you’re too quick with the articles man.

I have been saying for years that I think Man United games are fixed or refs help them out. The amount of dodgy decisions in favour of Man United is ridiculous and needs to be seriously looked into. Ferguson and his profile intimidate referees and usually bow down to Ferguson’s pleas. It’s disgusting to watch and it’s no surprise they always do well in the league even when they are playing badly. Obviously that’s also down to a great team and Ferguson’s tactical experience. But still it beggars belief sometimes how they can get away with it in so many games. This article has hit the nail on this and especially on the part of the referee committee. I bet Man Untied being so popular and one of the best teams in UK that more than just some referees would deep down be a Man U fan. Also for crucial games for Man U it always seems to be the usual suspects to ref the game. One dodgy incident that I can’t shake off from my head is the Man U v Newcastle game last season where Ferdinand ‘clearly’ swiped Demba Ba’s standing leg in the box and sent him to the ground with the goal begging. That was clearly a red card and a penalty, Newcastle got neither. The ref was just a few yards away with a clear view. Shocking to say the least. Sky Sports also favours the Red Devils as they are the darlings of English Football, Sky and the FA always defend their actions as best they can and it makes me sick. How many times have amazing breaking news come through only to hear that Man U has drawn 0-0 with Bolton first, before mentioning for example Newcastle coming back to draw 4-4 with Arsenal as one example. It really makes me sick. It’s little wonder that goal-line technology has only recently being implemented as there has been match fixing going on for years. Why else wouldn’t they want to make the most popular sports in the world fair? There are so many things I can go on forever.

Wednesday a decision went against Man U and it was about the own-goal. For once a critical decision went against Man U and Fergurson and he’s having a fit and insulting our club and Pardew- what a clown, F Off Fergie!

On to related news-
    I was very proud on Wednesday after the great performance by our lads, unfortunately we lost. Today v Arsenal I think we’ll do well again and manage a draw.

Sorry for the long post and I will not post this again.

HWTL

• 3 Spoof // Dec 29, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Wenger critisising Ferguson, no, I can’t believe that Arsene would do that !

• 4 Spoof // Dec 29, 2012 at 9:28 AM

JP, I also posted this on the previous thread.
    The press bias you mention I totally agree with, but not the officials, Man U never give up until the whistle blows and combining that with a lesser teams nerves due to possibly getting a superb result against them is what leads to so many comebacks, in fairness how many refs would over-rule a linesman at Old Trafford to give the away team a goal, what I remember from last seasons Old Trafford encounter was Rio Ferdinand making a perfectly timed tackle on Ben Arfa to concede a corner which resulted in us getting a penalty which lead to us taking a point back home.
    Good teams never give up, thats why they are good

• 5 JP...from The Rock // Dec 29, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Spoof – I know that good teams never give up and Man U are great at that. They are a great team, no question about that, but Howard Webb for example always seems to help them out with fouls and the like going in their favour. I also recall an incident that I believe was Man U v Man City and the assistant ref gave Man U an extra 7 or 8 minutes of stoppage time for a match that had no more stoppages than the usual. It was very odd and gave Man U the chance to draw level because they were trailing the game I think. Very suspect and unusual decisions going their way again.

• 6 hdavid23 // Dec 29, 2012 at 10:01 AM

I can already hear Ferguson’s next conference…
    “I am the manager of the most famous club in the world. Not Arsenal, a wee club in the north London.”

• 7 Lee Dodd // Dec 29, 2012 at 11:13 AM

ALex Ferguson IS Just a Bully . I remember when we got back into the premier league . Even when we nearly won the league he was mouthing off . He is Not A Gentleman. The Name SIR BOBBY ROBSON who is a Hero springs to mind. Ferguson is a Pratt !!!!

previous post: This Frenchman Starting To Come Good On Tyneside