The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Things Will Soon Be Looking Up On Tyneside

10:43 am, Monday, December 31st, 2012 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 30 Comments

Newcastle have a massive game on Wednesday night, and it’s just a pity and a huge distraction that we have all the shenanigans going over Demba Ba potentially leaving the club, if a bigger club comes in and pay the huge wage he is looking for.

alan pardew sunderlamnd

Alan Pardew – desperate for a win

That’s about the last thing we want and to think the uncertainty – which is said to be unsettling some players – will go on through the end of January or until such time that Demba ba leaves Newcastle – is just galling.

Alan Pardew is trying to look on the bright side (there’s not many other choices) and of course we will be stronger against Everton, because we’ll have both Mike Williamson and Vurnon Anita back for that game – and a win and all 3 points is what we want to see, but Everton are a very good side and it will be another difficult game.

This is what Alan said in the local press today:

“On Wednesday we will be stronger and will need to make sure. Then we can look at the season in a brighter light.” “I think Cabaye will come back, Steven Taylor isn’t too far away and a new signing or two and suddenly it doesn’t look as desperate.”

“They were with us all the way but we lost them at the end with how it all ended.” “I can understand they were disappointed. There were a number of factors though.”

It’s time for all our players to go out there at St. James’ Park on Wednesday night against a good Everton side, and show what they are made of – and the team will hopefully include Demba Ba.

And what the Senegal man can do to make up for the disruption he is causing at the club at the moment, is what he does best – and go out and score some goals for us – that’s what we want to see from Demba.

And we have a feeling the fans will let him know they still want him to stay on Tyneside – but he needs to call off his agent’s attempts to move him to another club.

But we know that will never happen next month.

It would be great if it did happen mind you.

Then we could concentrate on winning games, rather than reading who the next club that will try to sign him is. :(

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Coaching · Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours

30 responses so far ↓

• 1 reccerobbo // Dec 31, 2012 at 10:44 AM

• 2 Ben3arfa // Dec 31, 2012 at 10:46 AM

bla bla bla

typical Pardew yap

• 3 Jay K // Dec 31, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Am I reading this wrong or is cabaye back on wed

• 4 Indian Magpie // Dec 31, 2012 at 10:49 AM

You are reading it wrong

• 5 Jay K // Dec 31, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Quick question who is that to the right ov pardew on banner ain’t bigi is it?

• 6 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 31, 2012 at 10:51 AM

We’ll look stronger when we get some points on the board like!

• 7 Mister Tuff // Dec 31, 2012 at 10:52 AM

After the euphoria of the Debuchy news I am anxious about the next event, or alledged event, in the ongoing Demba Ba farce. If no deals are done, and he turns up at training -what will the club do.
    The cynical side of me thinks that Percy Parsnip will question him (like previous questionings) and Ba will say I do not know what you are talking about -it is others or the papers. Nothing to do with me.
    What should Percy do – he’ll probably play him in the next game — now that would upset the applecart.
    Despite him being a top player, and his goals invaluable -as one or two others have posted -he now needs to be kept away from the first team/squad.
    I just get this horrible feeling the powers that be will cock everything up and here’s me thinking they might have learnt lessons.

• 8 nico // Dec 31, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Ba is obviously on his way. I think if anything, this may not be as bad as people think. Get Cisse playing down the middle and he will score. With Arfa on one side and either a new player or Obertan on the other.
    We need Dubuchy and it now looks likely he’ll come in plus another centre back. Through in a centre forward / winger and I’ll be quite happy.

• 9 Slank // Dec 31, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Jay K

I think it must be Bigi, although the picture has an uncanny likeness to Olivier Bernard.

• 10 sirtoongospel // Dec 31, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Tads. You have said that NUFC have a clause against his knee which needs removing. Proof please?

As for fickle fan, I am a season ticket holder for over 15 years, follow us home and away. I follow the team though, not one player. Didn’t realise that made me fickle. I have had a problem with Ba and his inability to be a team player for months. Never changed my mind. But my loyalty to following my team has never wavered despite my frustration.

Fickle? Want to compare loyalty points?

• 11 Rotonda heights // Dec 31, 2012 at 10:57 AM

yay willo back lol!!!!

• 12 magpie6699 // Dec 31, 2012 at 10:58 AM

I watched the Everton- Chelski game and although they lost, I have to say Everton looked really good – very hard game on Wednesday – and they have Fellaini back. Fortunately we have Mike Williamson back (light the blue touch paper and stand well back….).

• 13 Andymax // Dec 31, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Says it all really……

And Pardew is confident that new faces will be on their way to Tyneside, saying: “We are pretty clear on where we are going. It is difficult with negotiations. They aren’t easy.

“It isn’t really my department. I just cross my fingers and hope somebody walks in.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/12/31/pardew-wants-to-sign-mathieu-debuchy-plus-another-defender-72703-32519189/#ixzz2GcsINhiU

• 14 Slank // Dec 31, 2012 at 10:59 AM

I wonder whether Pardew will play Ba on Wednesday even though I suspect that ‘the grass is always greener’ must be playing on Ba’s mind which must be a distraction to him and the team.

I personally would like Pardew to play Cisse and drop Ba.

• 15 nico // Dec 31, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Anyone heard anymore news on Remy?

• 16 Jail for Ashley // Dec 31, 2012 at 10:59 AM

One or two signings ??

• 17 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 31, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Sir toon
    When he signed Alan pardew said the club had more than protected themselves against the issue with his knee
    No i dont need to enter a who’s is bigger contest with you
    As you’ve just said you have a problem with him “not being a team player” something which pardew and cisse have both contradicted recently in interviews
    You’ve made your assumptions on media stories fair enough but like i said im not so willing to turn on a player and if he’s still here in feb i’ll continue to support him

• 18 TorqToon // Dec 31, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Nico – I’m flying back from France today and its very strange. All talk of Remy last week was rife – but this past 24-36hrs everything has gone deathly quiet. The last I heard from this side is that the club were loading with Remys club and reps, Remy is very interested in making the move and linking up with his fellow countrymen – and was informed last week that the Debuchy deal was imminent. He has been ‘drip feeding’ interest in Newcastle in the English papers I hear and this is all because he strives to remain professional and doesn’t wish to talk openly about a transfer.

As I said, all very quiet now, as was the Debuchy talk – until an accepted bid was announced yesterday.

• 19 Slank // Dec 31, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Sirtoon

‘… NUFC have a clause against his knee which needs removing ‘

Bit extreme Newcastle insisting that Ba’s knee needs removing. Pity they didn’t have a similar clause for Barton to remove his mouth.

• 20 Rotonda heights // Dec 31, 2012 at 11:06 AM

andymax

That statement doesn’t exactly put us in a very professional light does it!!

• 21 sirtoongospel // Dec 31, 2012 at 11:07 AM

I celebrate his goals as much as anyone. I have never barracked him at games, but discussing him on a forum is what we all do. There are thousands who think he is detrimental to the team. As for the Cisse interview, he was asked the question, what would you expect him to say? ” I hope he leaves so I can play up front “? Plus, all of his interviews are done through his agent or Miles Starforth. Papiss speaks decent English but is quite shy. When he is in a comfortably situation he speaks well.

• 22 Toon-Prodigy // Dec 31, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Tads i respect your loyality with supporting the lad.

But it’s pardews job to deflect unwanted attention away from his players.

In my mind there is no doubt this bloke is causing mayhem behind the scenes. Alot of unrest in the dressing room. This is every transfer window. This renegade has to go.

• 23 sirtoongospel // Dec 31, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Slank, I proper laughed at that!!! Removal of his mouth and the penis from his forehead!!!

• 24 Slank // Dec 31, 2012 at 11:11 AM

sirtoongospel

‘….Removal of his mouth and the penis from his forehead…’

LOL

• 25 hdavid23 // Dec 31, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Slank, lol… :DDD

• 26 papattack // Dec 31, 2012 at 11:18 AM

i think ba needs to be dropped, yes he’s scoring but hes upsetting the team by not commiting.

4-3-3 for everton
    krul
    simpson williamson collocini santon
    anita tiote perch
    obertan cisse marveaux

• 27 Toon-Prodigy // Dec 31, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Good chatting with you lot. First day on the blog after about 6 yrs of lurking! Catch yas soon

• 28 mot7 // Dec 31, 2012 at 12:24 PM

just my opinion but i dont think i have ever seen a nufc forward score so many goals for us but the fans take to him so little . I may be wrong but i have always felt like he never realy wanted to be here and i think that his get out clause kind of proves that.
    Dont blame the agent BA tells them what he wants the agent works for ba not the other way round.

• 29 StuW // Dec 31, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Until Demba comes out himself and says he is staying, and/or signs the contract offer on the table, there will be uncertainty. Even if the club accepts a £7m offer, the player is under no obligation to accept the contract offer from another club.

With Debuchy in(it seems), we need another four in(providing no-one is sold). CB, CM, LW, ST

• 30 Crawfordladd17 // Dec 31, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Keep Ba. Confirm Debuchy signing get another centre back and a striker. Cabaye Ben arfa and Steven Taylor back fit and we will get back into the top 10

previous post: Alan Pardew On Demba Ba Farce – What Will Be Will Be