The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

This Striker Loves Everything About Newcastle

10:41 am, Tuesday, January 1st, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 220 Comments

There may be some questions about the loyalty of Demba Ba, as his agents are trying frantically to get him away from Newcastle so they can get themselves a big pay day – but another Senegal striker just loves everything about Newcastle.

papiss cisse training gear

Papiss Cisse – loves it at Newcastle

Papiss Cisse joined us last January so it’s coming up to almost a year on Tyneside for the Senegal striker who has scored 18 goals in 38 appearances for Newcastle, since joining us from SC Freiburg for about £9M.

We think Newcastle can pull away form the relegation zone and we’ve been impressed with the stability at the club, after we’ve been through these very difficult times, and we expect to see the Newcastle crowd tomorrow night again give our lads all the support they need to hopefully get another home win under our belts against Everton.

That would be great and just what we need right now.

This is what Papiss Cisse said today in the local press:

“ “There’s no other place I’d rather be.” The players here are very friendly and there is a lot of love.” “We play here and we have a job to do. Everything is fine.” “The best thing is we are still scoring goals.”

“This makes us confident and it is a good thing that Newcastle are still scoring but we know that things are difficult.” “We are trying our best to come back up the table.

“The main thing is we still have our confidence which is demonstrated by the goals we have scored at Old Trafford and the Emirates.” “I came here to work for the manager and give my best for the club because I love the club and I love the city.

“That’s what I am going to continue to do.” “But when the team is in a position like they are now with many injuries I work for the team.”

Cisse has been playing on the right wing in a recent 4-3-3 formation that Alan Pardew has used and got us six goals at Old Trafford and the Emirates, and it’s almost a reverse of just less than a year ago when Papiss was in the center and scoring goals for fun, and his Senegal team-mate Demba Ba was out he left side of the front three.

There’s one good thing if Demba Ba leaves Newcastle this month – this will free up Papiss to go into the center and we have a feeling this lad could have a lot of goals in him through the end of this season.

And at least this lad k=just loves playing on Tyneside, and of course the Newcastle number 9 is a hug favorite with Newcastle fans.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Demba Ba · Newcastle News · Papiss Cisse

220 responses so far ↓

• 1 Jayden // Jan 1, 2013 at 10:44 AM

This is loyalty, this is a statement of intent about staying. Demba, take note.

• 2 davybtoon // Jan 1, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Think mirin will b our new cb

• 3 hotdog // Jan 1, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Woolerbill – Thats one devious mind you have there ;-)

Why do people think we need midfielders, we have loads of them. I think we will sign a centre back and possibly a forward whether Ba goes or not.

• 4 Tsunki // Jan 1, 2013 at 10:46 AM

PPB – if you dont I will have to :)

repost for Belfast due to Ed’s magical article machine –

Belfast – evidently still reeling from ingesting the flood of erudite musings I bestow kindly upon the masses in Twitsville-upon-all-at-sea then. Or the last nights excessive alcohol consumption

It was ptbg calling me Skunki from the off merely because I suggested his itk offerings were the product of accumulated wisdom from tweetland and guesswork. I was just saying that you at least had the grace to go a few months before going down tht route!

• 5 Dagwoodz // Jan 1, 2013 at 10:46 AM

I’d love to see Papis regain his scoring touch. It’s going to come with a cost, in Ba not scoring, however.

Ideally, I’d like to see Ba sign a new contract with NUFC, then immediately get put out on the wings. I have a feeling that he’s been getting played down the middle to try and encourage him to sign a new deal. Kind of what the Gooners are going to do with Walcott if he re-signs with them.

• 6 Tsunki // Jan 1, 2013 at 10:50 AM

And btw I agree with Ed, Papiss is indeed a hug favourite. Everybody gather in gather in group hug……

• 7 TorqToon // Jan 1, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Davy – I would take that happily mate!

• 8 BelfastMagpie // Jan 1, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Tsunki

Oh right. :)

After a few times reading it, I thought you were trying to suggest it was me.

It was all very cryptic…

• 9 sirtoongospel // Jan 1, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Papiss won’t let us down. I would love to see him be our striker with the good and talented players in behind that we already have at the club. We need 2 or 3 defenders plus bring in Remy. Than watch us fly

• 10 Tsunki // Jan 1, 2013 at 10:56 AM

If Ba stays does that mean Pardew doesnt get any more players? That is, apart from Debuchy who was allocated in the previous window anyway.

Ba!

• 11 BelfastMagpie // Jan 1, 2013 at 10:57 AM

He called you skunky with a y.

Skunki with an i is much more cooler. ;)

• 12 Spreadthetoon // Jan 1, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Morning all and Happy New Year 2013…
    May all our fortunes turn around this year…HWTL!
    Btw spotted this on SSN so this could pave the way for Remy perhaps…..?

Marseille could be on the brink of improving their squad with L’Equipe reporting that Valenciennes attacker Foued Kadir could have a medical on Tuesday. Kadir is in line for a three-and-a-half year deal at Marseille, who will pay around €500,000 (£408,000) for a player who is out of contract at the end of the season.

• 13 Tsunki // Jan 1, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Belfast – you’re gonna do your noggin in if you try and look for deep meaning in my posts lad! I give the single dimension a bad name ha ha.

I really do think Cisse will explode into life back in the centre with the likes of Marv, Benny boy and yes Obertan just behind him. He really needs that clever first time pass. We’ve had a go at him for being offside, but why does it happen? Worth watching for how long he is hawking around the defensive line before someone has the bright idea of slicing him a good pass.

• 14 Tsunki // Jan 1, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Ha ha yeah skunky was really a dig with that lower case ‘s’ and a ‘y’ on the end ooh he’s a meanie. I like Skunki, has a maverick tinge to it. ;) Only prob with changing my name is it has to be consistent as I cant do ‘find on page’ with it so it looks like I am ignoring comments unless I (yawn) trawl through the many posts….

• 15 NEWEXPATMAGPIE // Jan 1, 2013 at 11:07 AM

I for one, am starting to get a bit peeved hearing BA,s name !

It seems some people think the whole club will fold if he leaves?
    Every player, no matter who he is is replaceable, and there is lots of affordable talent out there, who would never cause the club so much Turmoil as BA has in the last few weeks !

• 16 Novocastrian66 // Jan 1, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Happy New Year to everyone.
    Pardew talking as though Debuchy is signed on, although no official confirmation as far as I can see. Another couple in please, a centre half and another striker, 2 if Ba goes, will make me happy.

• 17 Ian Toon // Jan 1, 2013 at 11:08 AM

A Happy New Year to one and all.
    Rotonda. – As a student of the game doubtless you will have read ” I am the secret footballer” – available from all good bookshops. If not the second chapter on Managers you might find enlightening. It just might cause you to reflect before the knees jerk reaction. Also you might just begin to appreciate the role the media and some fans can play in destabilising a manager and players. If your looking for positivity on Pardew try reading the Mag on line – not the best written but a fairly balanced view. In any event I hope that before too long with a returning midfield and a few quality signings Mr Pardew will be able to field the side he envisaged fielding at the start of the season. This at a time when he was openly talking of formations you have long craved for. It’s quite appropriate that Moyes is soon to be in toon to remind us all that back in 2004 there were many who wanted him out. He has perfectly illustrated what a few astute signings and support can achieve.

• 18 BelfastMagpie // Jan 1, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Yeah I’m a bad speller myself like, but he’s worse than me. lol

• 19 sirtoongospel // Jan 1, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Tsunki , exactly. He waits and waits but the pass never comes. Usually he has given it up and the pass finally arrives………too late.

But with Marv, Anita, HBA and Cabaye in behind (with a fully charged Cheick holding) then we would look superb. With a new look defence there are 2 cups for us to attack.

If we can just get through the Brighton game then the rest of the season can be a great one.

• 20 beefman13 // Jan 1, 2013 at 11:15 AM

what about, debuchy, mirin, mbiwa, toivanen or remy?

We always seem go back for targets we have had in the past.

Of course maybe wishfull thinkin

Demba may go, maybe simmo as well???

We need without doubt this window a quality established CB and a lad like marin who comes next in line before williamson, we can’t rely on saylor far to injury prone, good lad n all that but 15 games a season on average is not on.

So maybe a net spend of 12/13 million if Ba n SImpson go?

Most would be happy i think with that.

For the ones who say MA wont spend that sort of money, well he has to, its our prem survival we are talking about.

A big statement has to be made this window to make up for the summer, and quality players at that.

AP wanted last seasons team kept together, we have had injuries of course but we have to freshen it up big style or we are in a serious fight for survival, no question about it. It has not worked and we have been found out, our style is predictable, the second half if the season needs revamping!!!!

54 points to play for, we need maybe 21/22 to stay in the prem, its got to be douable, i believe we can so it, i just hope the staff and players believe it, they always seem to think they can, just go and do it.

• 21 Tsunki // Jan 1, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Yes Moyes had a really dark period and I remember when he was a bookies favourite to go. Everton was a strange club to be around at the time though, maybe a bit like us, not the most desirable place for the high-flying manager, and a bit tight on cash, which probably saved him. However that’s not giving the Everton hierarchy much credit for sticking with him, which I suppose they did.

• 22 NEWEXPATMAGPIE // Jan 1, 2013 at 11:19 AM

@ 16 :

It, that is the signing / transfer is being universally reported all over Europe ! Its been on SKY Sports, French TV Sports programmes ! Also widely reported on all the Dutch Sports broadcasters.
    Belgium TV ( Canvas, ) have also had a piece on it !

While i can understand your doubts, the move is on Deffo !
    The only thing in the way is a medical and the signing of the Contract ? Hopefully a contract without any Crap release clauses in it !

• 23 nick_9 // Jan 1, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Hba is magical, marveaux is very technical and Anita is quite creative himself. If we can have those three feeding and supporting cisse with tiote and cabaye providing some steel we should do ok. Both full backs can add a bit of width if needed once Debuchy is in. Then we still have players like obertan, bigi, perch, raylor to play a part. Defensive and striking back up is a concern

• 24 Tsunki // Jan 1, 2013 at 11:23 AM

I agree the last Debuchy saga was very cagey but it seems an insider has definitely given the media some proof of life on this one. It will take something huge to scupper this one I think. lets hope its not Del’s head.

• 25 Tsunki // Jan 1, 2013 at 11:25 AM

There could be mileage in thinking the Debuchy deal was a controlled leak from the club to counteract the Ba escapades. Keep the fans onside?

• 26 Jayden // Jan 1, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Nick, you reckon Anita is more attacking / creative than Cabaye?! No, Anita’s a CDM, Cabs’ a CAM. Always.

• 27 NEWEXPATMAGPIE // Jan 1, 2013 at 11:27 AM

@20:

I have long had my doubts about Williamson? He occasionally has a good game but his first team status has been forced upon us by the injury situation, without injuries to key players would Williamson even make the first team ?

Simpson too, although he seems to be improving but refuses to sign a new contract offered to him, not once but on numerous occasions! Maybe it is time in the best interests of club and player to sell these two!

• 28 Mister Tuff // Jan 1, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Some of you boys need to chill a bit. After these months of waiting it looks like the long awaited re-enforcements are beginning to arrive and on day one of the window -at last shows clear intent by the club. Matthieu Debuchy -medical pending -in the bag. Massive morale booster. Top class attacking FB – him and Santon are like identical players.
    Excited to see who is going to be next -defence wise. The club appear to have learnt lessons from the summer. The defence will be sorted only slight worry is the slight “wobble” in Collos’ form. Getting better players around him may negate this “problem”.
    Only worry for me is that Percy appears to be holding out an “olive branch” to Ba. So if Ba is not sold it will be the clubs intent to continue with the same shape of forward line -ie Ba at CF for the remainder of the season – whilst I would not like it -it is probably the best “gamble” to score goals to ensure safety.
    Getting the defence sorted will equate to more wins – so far so good.

• 29 Tsunki // Jan 1, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Anita mixes a bit of both fortunately, but whereas Cabs is a creative mid able to hold a dm line (although his petulance can be costly) Anita is the other way round. If they can sort out a routine together we could shred opposing midfields. Would we still need a tank DM in the tiote mould though? I suppose we should.

• 30 beddersmag // Jan 1, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Mister tuff

Identical going forward maybe but im hoping for much more defensive nouse from debuchy. Santons a work in progress. From what i have seen this guy looks the finished article

• 31 nick_9 // Jan 1, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Jayden we can call Anita whatever we want but from watching him I’m of the opinion he is very technical, good passing with little flicks and first time balls here and there. Cabaye before his injury wasn’t fit for a while and then kept sending it long, he went off the boil a bit if you like so I’ll wait til he comes back and see how he gets on playin alongside Anita. Cabaye was in the team when we weren’t really playing that great.

• 32 sirtoongospel // Jan 1, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Jayden, not from what I have seen. Anita plays higher up the pitch than Cabaye has at any point. Cabaye SHOULD be a CAM but he sits deep most if the time and controls games from behind the rest. He is a pass master and gets us playing. Ideally with Tiote/Bigi holding, Anita, Cabaye and Marv can all offer different qualities going forward. But I would be hoping to see Cabs higher up the pitch than he has been for a lot of the time since he joined us.

• 33 nick_9 // Jan 1, 2013 at 11:36 AM

I’m also not sure if we was holding cabaye back a bit like we did with Jonas, protecting the Defense. I’m told he is great for France in an attacking role but I haven’t seen it myself so I can’t say. Anita is only little and despite getting better he isn’t overly physical for a defensive midfielder.

• 34 Jayden // Jan 1, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Getting a player such as Diame or Sissoko through the door would allow us to play ANY midfield trio and still be balanced.

• 35 wreker16 // Jan 1, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Question to all

When cabaye and hatem (and Anita) come back from injury, what happens to Marv? You’d have to say that he’s best in the centre, but cabaye can’t play out wide?

What would our current best 5 man mode field be if everyone was fit?

• 36 Tsunki // Jan 1, 2013 at 11:37 AM

I dont think Cabaye and Anita have had the luxury of putting too many shifts in together, certainly not at full speed. Cabs was blowing hot and cold carrying an injury (I guessed that one and was given hell for it I remember) and Anita was definitely way behind the pace at the time Cabs had to bow out. We have yet to see what they can work together.

Debuchy – at 27 he has to be the finished article though. I belive that he has an end product on his runs forward though, and from what I have seen, he can actually not only pass defenders, but he covers his back better and stays back when he starts to tire / game is sewing up. He is the sort of player Santon should emulate, not Simpson.

• 37 sirtoongospel // Jan 1, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Oh, and Cheick looks a miles better player when Cabs plays. As soon as he wins it Cabaye comes and gets it from him. That’s how it should be. We are so so close to having a good team. I just hope that the CB we need arrives. Debuchy, CB and Remy would be a great window. Even if Ba and Simoson go.

• 38 Mister Tuff // Jan 1, 2013 at 11:39 AM

bedders @30 – agree with your post. There has been a bit of criticism of late about Santon being caught out of position/being dispossessed after forward runs – I see the problem here as team mates not covering for him -which should be elementary in football coaching. The way Santon cuts inside onto his right is amazing -he just seems to glide effortlessly past players – bit like a poor mans Bale – but a massive prospect.

• 39 Jayden // Jan 1, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Cabs, when fit, is an Arteta-type player. Always looking ahead, towards the front 3. Anita is more like Joe Allen. Keeps the ball moving, plays it simple and hardly ever loses it.

• 40 sirtoongospel // Jan 1, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Are we expecting Debuchy to play tomorrow night? It would be helpful seeing as Simmo is crocked.

• 41 Jail for Ashley // Jan 1, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Beefman,
    Why did you so vehemently stick to your theory that we didn’t need any players last summer then all of a sudden say that you have always said that we needed to strengthen.

• 42 Tsunki // Jan 1, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Definitely need to see Cabs back in his role for Frace – higher up in the middle. Last time I saw him play for France he ran the show there, definitely a different player altogether. His body language when playing deep tells you all you need to know. Probably why he ends up getting those niggly tackles and sly digs in. Not to mention pushing schoolboys over ;)

Wreker – maybe HBA left, Cbas slightly forward of middle, Anta behind, Cisse just forward and Marv right? Probably suicidal ha ha.

• 43 Tsunki // Jan 1, 2013 at 11:43 AM

I really should stop typing Cbas. It comes out like he cba(s) ha ha.

• 44 Big Pappa Cissé // Jan 1, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Really love the lad and feel sorry for him at the moment as he looks lost out on the right wing. I said to my mates the other day playing him there virtually means we are playing with 10 men IMO. Either Parfew needs to grow a pair an put Ba on the left or try 4-3-1-2 with HBA in the hole.

• 45 TorqToon // Jan 1, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Sirtoon – the rags are saying he will be in the stands on Wednesday, however with the helicopter being utilised last night and word of a French international on board, we could see this wrapped up sooner !

• 46 nick_9 // Jan 1, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Not wishing to knock Anita but I would feel more confident with cabaye and tiote infront of the Defense instead of tiote and Anita. Maybe that would change with Debuchy and a cb, it’s evident how worried fans get when the opposition attack, little faith in the Defense right now.

——Anita—–tiote—–
    Hba—–cabaye——Marv
    ————cisse———-

——cabaye—tiote——
    Anita——Marv———hba
    ———–cisse———-
    The attacking three all alternating to keep em guessing.

—Anita—-cabaye—-tiote—-
    Hba——–cisse——-marv

——-Anita——-cabaye—–
    Hba———Marv———obertan—
    ————-cisse————–

No room for Ba if he is going.

• 47 Nufc-83 // Jan 1, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Was hoping to wake up today with two things. 1) a picture of debuchy holding the shirt at st James. 2) no hangover. Not a good start to 2013 as havnt got either. Debuchy will not make Everton for people who are asking.

• 48 proudtobageordie // Jan 1, 2013 at 11:48 AM

with jonas losing the ability to go forward with any end product i think he would make quite a decent lb and give santon more freedom to push forward more on the left with knowing jonas is behind him with plenty of cover. Think pardew should try that in our next european game and see how it goes. Any one agree especially all the jonas haters

• 49 Jayden // Jan 1, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Nick, your top one is our best midfield. Cabaye in CDM is wasted.

• 50 Jail for Ashley // Jan 1, 2013 at 11:49 AM

I hope the Debuchy deal is at least announced by Wednesday as it will give the sell out crowd a much needed lift,if it carries on into a here we go again scenario I can see the nerves setting in.

• 51 TorqToon // Jan 1, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Morning proud – any latest update?! We eagerly awaited your arrival this morning! :-)

On Jonas you are spot on. Plus he has played there under maradonna at international level so knows what he is doing.

• 52 Billythefish // Jan 1, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Happy new year all, hope we sign 3 quality players, but think we will only get one Debuchy. Can see things turning sour with transfers when the haggling starts. Hope I’m proved wrong.

• 53 ba humbug // Jan 1, 2013 at 11:52 AM

to add to above – don’t think we have any midfield problems with the quality ball players we have. If Cabs Tiote and Anita lineup together for 5-6 games then they’ll take off as a unit.

Still a bit concerned we don’t strengthen up front. We need another player in the equation so that AP has other equally good options to the two not quite hitting it off Dembas. Either of those central with Remy / HBA / Marv / Oba etc., would do better than what we have. Old Stroller is not a week in week out starting player.

• 54 micktoon // Jan 1, 2013 at 11:52 AM

proudtobageordieg

a bit like liverpool tried with downing and enrique may work i like it

• 55 tequilamag // Jan 1, 2013 at 11:52 AM

PTBAG merit in the argument but why is there any need for people to hate Jonas.. It`s exactly that mindset which has such a detrimental effect on a players performance.

• 56 Ian Toon // Jan 1, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Mister Tuff @ 38 – I agree. It’s the role of the two CDM’s ( in a 4-2-3-1 formation) to cover the forward runs of the two attacking backs. Cabaye as has been said has the Alonso range of passing that is far better employed in an advanced role. Tiote and Anita would provide the perfect balance in the CDM role. Anita with his quick pass and move style is perfect to bring the best out of Chiek. The latter plays better in a clearly defined rather than a headless chicken role.

• 57 nick_9 // Jan 1, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Wouldn’t be surprised if Debuchy was announced on Wednesday, presented on the pitch to give us a much needed boost before the game. Ashley knows timing is key with announcements.

Jayden – I would like to see cabaye forward more, up until a few games back we rarely had anyone on the edge of the box looking for scraps. We need the midfield to chip in with goals, if we leave it solely to cisse and Ba were looking at 30-35 goals all season. Would love Diane or sissoko but cannot see it unless tiote leaves, at the minute I can’t see many coming for tiote. Realistically I would accept 10-12 million for him if an offer came in.

• 58 proudtobageordie // Jan 1, 2013 at 11:54 AM

torqtoon

I just think with jonas left debeuchy right it gives more ballance as jonas won’t push forward any where near as much as davide does and it will give collo a lot more confidence as lets face it his confidence is shattered at the mo as he is having to cover every position at the back and it is making him look really poor which he ain’t.

• 59 TorqToon // Jan 1, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Proud – He hasn’t become a bad player in the space of a few weeks. Like you said, he is doing Willo and simmo’s job as well as his own. And trying to help santon to a lesser extent also. But when he has somebody he can trust next to him he will thrive.

I just read back on our chat yesterday and saw some bloggers having a b1tch and a moan about people (like us I assume) posting info that we have heard with regards the club. All i can say is ignore it mate. Everything you have stated has been true so far and people should treat it as such until they know different. Chin up lad ! :-)

• 60 danishmag // Jan 1, 2013 at 11:58 AM

what is all the comotion about Ba not playing tomorrow? Because of a potential move? Does he play tomorrow if he still a Newcastle player tomorrow or not?

• 61 nick_9 // Jan 1, 2013 at 11:59 AM

If it was a case of having only Jonas and santon available for the left side then yes. Any other time no. Jonas gets the ball and sort of looks lost with it, he reminds me of obertan in the sense he did step overs and then lost it. I don’t think you would see Jonas playing it out the back like collo and santon do. The DM does need to cover out more at the back web santon is forward and especially if we have santon and Debuchy on.

• 62 proudtobageordie // Jan 1, 2013 at 11:59 AM

tequilamag
    reading posts on here mate. there seems to be a lot of bloggers who slste him every week. personally i still think he has a lot to offer. lost a yard yea but close ball controll is class and allways wears his heart on his sleeve.he grafts for the team and at the mo its players like him we need in our team not ones that want away

• 63 TorqToon // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Nick – Jonas as a LB would be an alternative, but not a starting choice in my opinion.

I think with Debuchy and santon at FB and 2 holders in the middle we will improve no end.

• 64 darrenfletcher88 // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Any news today proud??

• 65 Jail for Ashley // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Nick
    I’ve got the feeling that Dirk “hardball” Dastardly held out for too much for Tiote in the summer and is now kicking himself,I think Anita and Bigi were brought in for that very reason,I would have been a bit peeved if he had of left but would have been pacified if all of the said 18/20M had of been reinvested immediately.

• 66 proudtobageordie // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:05 PM

darrenfletcher

just debeuchy having medical this afternoon which i assume everyone knows anyways so it’s history to a degree?

• 67 nick_9 // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Torq we are definitely making the right moves, just not as quick as fans would like. Debuchy is a good player as is Anita, our recent first team signings have all come good, perhaps a few of the youngsters still need to improve like amalfitano. A couple more shrewd signings around 5 million and suddenly it changes everything.

• 68 JP...from The Rock // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:08 PM

I love you too Papiss! :D

This is a statement that Ba should make and maybe he’s saying this in order to persuade Ba to do the same.

PS. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!! :D

• 69 numba9 // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Need a cb with experience . The French under 21.lad as back up debuchy full back. Obviously another striker remy or gameiro. And Scott Sinclair on loan business done these are needed big time

• 70 TorqToon // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Proud – Do we think it was Dreamboat 2 in the chopper last night then? Was hoping he had brought his friend Loic with him!

• 71 nick_9 // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Jail I also thought tiote was off in the summer, I suspect we was asking for 25 million odd knowing Derek but realistically 15 would be very good when you consider mascherano went for 18.

• 72 proudtobageordie // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:12 PM

nick9

you have just mentioned the youngsters such as amilfatano,abeid etc. they were bought for the development squad not first team. they need to be sent out on loan as they are no where near first team buy they have been on bench recentley due to horrendous injury list and we are down to the bare bones. look at the bench on sat at emerates. only big shola was first teamer everyone else was from the reserves basically

• 73 TorqToon // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Numba9 – Honestly – Isimat-Mirin, if we can sign him up, won’t stay back up for very long. I know I’ve bleeted on about him most the morning but I can’t speak highly enough about this lad ! I just hope we can get him in the stripes ASAP.

• 74 Jail for Ashley // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Nick,
    I would pay an absolute fortune for hindsight.

• 75 yorkymag // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Just watching sky interesting Merson says nufc may go for Shane long
    Maybe making it up but he seemed to have more than a hunch

• 76 proudtobageordie // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:15 PM

does anyone think certain sections of the church will turn on demba ba tomorrow night if he start’s.

• 77 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Happy New Year!

Has Dreamboat #2 landed yet? :)

• 78 Toon1978 // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Would love to know Cabaye’s thoughts on Debuchy coming. Great to see Cisse is enjoying his time here.

• 79 Mister Tuff // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:17 PM

ian -morning. covering players who have made a forward runs should be an element of football that is learnt in the schoolyard. Recently there appears to have been an abrogation of this type of play by midfielders -just as if they are only responsible for an allocated are of their play. I would like to see Cabaye used as a Pirlo type of player -ie play the ball around at the back until Cabs is in a bit of space (no hospital passes) then give him the ball – so he has that extra fraction of time to pick out the killer forward pass. Mr T needs to be told not to dally on the ball. or to try and do that extra flourish.
    Finally I need to take you to task with reference to your book recommendation “I am the Secret Footballer”. As we do not know who the author is its contents could be utter rubbish. If we knew who the author was -some credibilty could be attributed to it. It the author is a PL footballer I see why he cannot reveal himself. For all we know it could have been written by Joey Bartons’ granny.

• 80 Toon1978 // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Shane long would be a cracking signing.

• 81 Jail for Ashley // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Ptbg
    As much as we all want to see the likes of Fergie and co come good,as Pards said about Streete they shouldn’t be anywhere our bench they should be getting regular first team football at places like Cardiff and Brighton.

• 82 nick_9 // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Proudtobeageordie – I know they were brought in as development players and I would be fully supportive sending out most to the championship (including Sammy and Shane). If you look at Bigirimana though the lad has out himself in contention for the starting eleven and definitely the Matchday squad yet he was a development player so he has done well. Gosling is a player who is ageing and I don’t really see getting a chance for us.

Jail – it certainly is, I would have signed Diame in the summer.

• 83 Munster Mag // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Hppy New Year all. Been away at wife’s family etc and not been on the blog so good to be back. Lets hope for up to 3 signings. Debuchy is a fine player, but we need more. Lets hope Ashley forks out and restores a lot of fan’s faith in his stewardship. Debuchy would be a great first step. Re Pardew, I still hope he succeeds but he had a very poor first half and has lost much of the credit he built last year through bad formations, undermotivated players and bad excuses. Here’s hoping. I’d happily see Ba sold if the funds are all invested, but that might be a pipe dream. If he wanted to stay here, he would, and sack some of his agents. Its all in his hands, but I’m sure he wants out.

• 84 yorkymag // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Hope we are better than to turn on Demba ,wish him well and move on ,he owes us nothing he has given us some great moments and with better leadership maybe things would be different

• 85 TorqToon // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Morning Jesper, and a happy new year to you sir.

The dreamboat has landed it seems, just awaiting the official confirmation.

As for Shane long, could be a good player to compliment a front 3, but would cost more than true value if imagine?!

• 86 proudtobageordie // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:20 PM

tufty

did i mis-read that or did you state pirlo is sha**ing joey bartons granny lol

• 87 JP...from The Rock // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:21 PM

I don’t think anyone would pay 10M for Tiote let alone 15M. His performances this season have been abysmal. Very poor and his valuation must have dropped significantly. I would sell him if 10M came along as he’s shown he’s over-rated. Bigirimana is only 19 and has out shone him and made Tiote look average at best. I thought Tiote was a tank in his first season but he’s been found out this season with his reoccurring mistakes; holding on to the ball too much until he loses possession in dangerous areas, his passing is getting worse, frequent yellow cards and has only scored one goal with the amount of attempts he’s made. I loved him last season but overlooked those errors and this season you’d have to be extremely bias not to see the obvious, we can do better.

I would rather he stays and we buy more players for more competition and depth as he is extremely strong in the tackle and always gives his all.

HWTL

HWTL

• 88 Toon-Prodigy // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:21 PM

I dont see how ppl can put this down to the agents.. The blame lies firmly with Ba. He can stop this at anytime. Demba is instructing these ppl of what he wants. Their job is to go out and find it. Seems Ba has most fooled. This man is a top quality snake. Now he has came out and said he wants the extra money to help the people back in senegal. Wait, wut? Cant he help the people in senegal on 40,000 a wk? You could help a whole district on 40,000 a wk? Shift this renegade out and let our TEAM gel again

• 89 TorqToon // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:21 PM

I would hope that the toon faithful would show loyalty to the shirt tomorrow and not boo Demba. Hopefully he can show some loyalty back to us.

• 90 TorqToon // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:23 PM

JP – Tiote would still take quite a fee to prospective clubs mate! We can all see his failings this season, but others still see the Tiote of old and rate him likewise.

• 91 Dagwoodz // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Tiote has been more “found out” by the opposition in that they are going to ground anytime he’s invovled in a tackle. Granted, he’s had some absolute howlers as far as mis-timed tackles, but overall, he’s still a rock in the midfield. As far as his performances, he’s struggled without Cabs in front of him to dump the ball off to…he has been trying to do too much with the ball and that is causing the easy give aways.

All that being said, if an offer of 12-15 million quid came in, it would be very hard to turn down.

• 92 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Torq…we need that transfer confirmed by tomorrow morning, ’cause as far as I have been told Simmo has broken his toe and will be out for 4 weeks!

• 93 proudtobageordie // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:27 PM

torqtoon

reading the amount of posts slating ba on here suggests to me he is infor a tough nite tomorrow.

• 94 yorkymag // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Tiotie has a worse attitude than demba by a mile he was at his worst at .
    The one thing about dema he has always tried
    Tiotie has been lazy and uninterested ,unforgivable in my book
    He will struggle to get in the team after african nationsif he has not been sold
    Just get rid he is poison

• 95 GeordieToon89 // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:28 PM

yorkymag – He said if Ba leaves he wouldnt be suprised if Newcastle went in for Long… I’d like us to sign him tbh him and Cisse would be an unreal combination together…

Also Kevin Gameiro is available from PSG we should really give it another go with him see if we can get him over

• 96 Magpies-till-d3ath // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Shane Long would be class and cheaper than Remy! His work rate is fantastic, which is exactly what Cisse needs in order to score goals. Would only cost no more than £7million. Debuchy signing tonight would really help as I don’t feel I can trust Perch at right-back!

• 97 Magpies-till-d3ath // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:31 PM

GT89- Gameiro is heading to the bin dippers on loan. We’re missing out I think!

• 98 nick_9 // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:32 PM

It has to be said if we do have to sell to buy then tiote is the one to go as he is the one moat easily replaced, I say that with Diame and sissoko stil In mind.

In hindsight shame long and Diame would have been great for us.

• 99 Dagwoodz // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Does anyone know if Guidetti is still “available” from Citeh? And if so, what the approximate valuation would be for him? I think he would be a better addition than Remy, just based on age and growth potential….

• 100 Toon1978 // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Cabaye and Debucy will be skipping along the quayside hand in hand come the next few days hahahahaha.

• 101 Krul to be Kind // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Proud

So glad to see you blogging today, I got the impression some of frowners on here chased you away, keep the great info coming, I think I speak for most of the lads in the blog when I say keep the info coming after reading through previous threads I know I’m not the only one who is hanging on your every word! Haha

• 102 AusMagpie // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Debuchy — Alderweild — Colocini — Santon
    —————– Anita ———— Tiote ————-
    ————————– Cabaye ————————
    ——- Ben Arfa ——- Cisse ——- Marveaux ——

I’d be happy with this starting XI plus a few signings to strengthen the bench. With Marveaux coming good lately I don’t see the need to rush for Remy, although it would be a fantastic signing.

But honestly, how excited does a lineup like this make you just by looking at it?!

• 103 Dagwoodz // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:33 PM

@Toon1978 I can just imagine what the chants will be like at St. James when they’re both on the field together…

• 104 nick_9 // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Yorky you will do well to fight Ba’s corner on here, tried that and it’s stressful.

• 105 beefman13 // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Jail, i have always said i wanted a CB and RB in the summer, quite gutted we did not get them as im no great fan of Williamson and Simpson, i knew Willo would be rubbing his hands at the fact we did not get any CB over the line as they said, he knew saylor was injury prone badly, and again he has played more games at CB then Colo and Saylor.

The Debuchy deal was a stinger for me as well in the summer big style, i have always seen Simpson as a workhorse back up RB, not a starter.

That said we had fair cover for RB with Raylor, Anita ,Tav, even perch, CB was a different matter Willo of course for Saylor and Colo but after that it was the square pegs in round holes scenario.

They have held their hands up about the CB situation and they had to to be fair.

So while at the start of the season i was unhappy about no CB or RB coming in i thought we would still be ok till this window, it turns out of course it had been nothing short of a disaster and injuries and suspensions do have to be taken in to account even though other clubs get them as well we have suffered the most in the prem.

I outlined in an earlier post we cannot depend on players coming back beacuse anything can happen, but a quality CB is a vital must no excuses buy, and maybe the lad Mirin who is talked about today would be back up further, Debuchy of course, and a quality striker.

I do think they will prob bring in one centre half, a right back and striker, thats my gut feeling on it even though i would like another promising CB it prob wont happen in this window.

I like all fans on here need to see it freshened up without doubt, and it needs to be without doubt.

• 106 Toon1978 // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:35 PM

I dont think NUFC are in a position to sell before we buy. If Ba departs we will have 2 first team strikers. Most clubs have 4 first team strikers. I think we are extremely weak in the full back positions, we are a centre back short atm and 1 or 2 strikers short depending on the Ba situation.

• 107 danishmag // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:35 PM

is Demba playing tomorrow or is he not?

I have him on my dream team manager.. should i sub him off?

• 108 Toon1978 // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Dagwoodz

Lol, they seem a little to friendly for my liking mind haha.

• 109 Mister Tuff // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Proudthreebea Newcastlesubdistrictgateshead – afternoon and seasons greetings to you.
    I think Pirlo would have too much class but if it was the other way around Bartons’ antics would not surprise me.
    Where is the batcopter?

• 110 MacToon // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Tsunki, good to see some others remain a little sceptical on ITK’s, the info I have seen so far hasn’t been proved one way or the other to date infact I seen someone post about Debuchy on here probably 12 hours or so before.
    It would however be good to have some insider information, it seems though the club are leaking info on Debuchy for some reason. We can only guess why at this stage.

Top 10 ingredients to become an ITK:

• 111 Beattie25 // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Tiote hasn’t been found out he just can’t play in a 2 man midfield.

He can win the ball but can’t pick a pass to save his life. If the opposition are outnumbering him he will lose the ball easily. He has zero creativity. All the reason to play Anita and Cabs alongside him so when he wins the ball he spots a simple pass and plays it to a more creative influence.

You’ll see the best of Tiote when he doesn’t have to pass his way out of trouble.

If we intend to play 4-4-2 it would he best to get Sissoko who can tackle and pass and would form a perfect partnership with Cabs for that formation.

In an ideal world we’d have Tiote, Cabs, Anita and Sissokho so we could play lots of formations depending on the opposition.

Tiote will continue to look crap until the formation and/or personel change. Simple.

• 112 JP...from The Rock // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Shane Long would be a great signing, Long / Gameiro / Remy – any of those and I’ll be doing back-flips :)

On Tiote only clubs like Liferfool pay over the odds for a one season wonder ala Carroll. I feel Tiote is more than just a one season wonder but his reputation portrays that he is one in the EPL. Cabaye’s injury hasn’t helped his cause but even last season we were turning a blind eye to the amount of times he lost possession and nearly cost us lots of goals. That was mainly due to our shite player before him, Alan Fking Smith!

We are all thankful to have Tiote but still I feel we can do better just by seeing Bigirimana take his chance with ease and class.

On Ba I really hope no one boos him that would be disgusting. He is our top scorer, has never let us down and with his contract clause we were always going to be a stepping stone for him-why else would he not want to remove it from his contract? He’s the boss and not his agents. To boo him though is out of order and will almost certainly push him to make his mind up sooner to jump ship and sign for a team in the CL.

• 113 nick_9 // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Ausmagpie like the look of that.

Toon1978 – sell to buy in the sense that our outgoings rarely exceed are incomings unless our profit margins allow so.

• 114 numba9 // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Go pinch zog back from villa

• 115 yorkymag // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Nick
    Thanks
    I am not fighting for Ba but just want to move on the future is French!!

• 116 Dagwoodz // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:41 PM

How is it that Joey F****n Barton shows up in our conversations even though he’s in France? Gawd he was a royal PITA in retrospect…I don’t know who’s more deserving of having the other; the French to have JFB, or JFB being surrounded by the French…food for thought.

• 117 GeordieToon89 // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Debuchy wont start tomorrow even if he does sign today.. it’s too early he’ll need to have a couple of training session to assess his fitness levels he’ll start at the weekend vrs Brighton…

Tomorrows team:

———————-Krul
    Santon-Williamson-Coloccini-Ferguson
    ———Perch-Tiote-Bigirimana
    –Cisse————-Ba————Marveaux

I’d imagine either Santon will play RB or Tavernier will come in and start but that line up is how I expect us to start… Ba may not start though but if he doesnt I’d want Cisse as the CF and i’d chuck a pacey player in for the wing I know he wont do it but I’d START Campbell if Ba doesnt get selected, His pace will offer something different a I dont think playing shola would be beneficial to getting Cisse back on the goal trail for when Ba leave

Campbell——Cisse—–Marveaux

• 118 Ian Toon // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Mr Tuff –LOL It’s not a tabloid creation. Column for 2 years in The
    Guardian. On the validity point, the lid couldn’t be lifted on the game if the PL, FA and indeed past and current clubs were made aware of authors identity. But he is verified as being authenticate and not someone looking to make a fast buck. It is a good read over a few journeys. It confirms a lot of what you might envisage goes on in the beautiful game. It confirms that 95% of what occurs in football is behind closed doors. Brings into question most of the declared facts as nothing more than opinions often prevailing on this site. LOL
    I would recommend you browse it in your local bookshop. I got it as a Christmas present but it was a good choice. I am off to see my first man of the year, about a dog! See. ya.

• 119 nick_9 // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:44 PM

JP exactly, at the minute he is one of the leagues leading scorers and plays for us. Boo him and its hardly going to send out the right message, then he will want to leave and what would it look like to any potential signing sat in the stands. What club boos their own players? Especially after they have been doing the business all season. Some fans read the newspapers to much and buy into everything that’s written.

• 120 tequilamag // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Demba Ba probably thought the Arsenal game was his last and he was still committed enough to score 2 goals so nobody can say he will not give his all for us if selected tomorrow. Absolutely nothing good to be gained from booing him. Everton is a tough game and we need the crowd to get behind all of the players.

• 121 Dagwoodz // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Would be a crying shame if supporters at the game felt the need to boo someone who has scored 29 goals for us in 58 appearances. Aside from that, he has never said anything about wanting to leave NUFC. Just the opposite.

If he decides to leave, I say good luck in his endeavors. Just not against Newcastle. There is nothing owed to either club nor player in this situation. I’m just happy he’s scored the goals he has for us.

• 122 GeordieToon89 // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:54 PM

I’m not doubting his performance tomorrow, just dont know if Pardew will select him because of whats went on last couple of days, Personally as a fan I’d be singing his name so loudly to try and convince him we are the club for him and make him realise what a great club we are

• 123 TorqToon // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:57 PM

GT89 – Spot on!! That’s what I will be doing and hope so will the rest of the toon faithful!

• 124 Jay K // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Areet lads

For the guys that know me demba just left training ground he had 2 guys with him one looked double ov him not one for rumours but possible agent/brother. That’s hopefully good sign for us. Make ov it what u will

• 125 Jay K // Jan 1, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Areet lads

• 126 Toon1978 // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Ba needs as much money as he can get to support his family back in Senegal, give the lad some slack hahahaha. Nah, i just wish players would show some loyalty to the clubs, not just NUFC obvioulsy but to all clubs. S.Taylor, Harper, Collo, Jonas are what i would call loyal players, maybe a few of them are not the best but they wear the shirt with pride and want to push this club on.

• 127 Jay K // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Areet lads

• 128 Tsunki // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Mactoon – cheers for the sanity post @118. Just feet on the ground thats all. We have seen very many itk’s come and vanish in flames so we are all allowed to be very sceptical. So far I have seen nothing that I couldnt surmise myself, i have been reading journo tweets and debuchy’s interviews and there is very little left to the imagination from the lads own comments. His last time t interview virtually told us all he had instructed his agents to get him the hell out so no shock at all. Basically, it turns out that negotiations overran the window last summer but were always in the pipeline.

Just to put some perspective on the itk thing, I remember the reason I started posting is because a friend of mine is a good friend of a current NUFC player, and he gave me ‘insight’ on things such as Tiote and Shola being sold about a year ago. I posted it but apologised in advance, and of course it never happened. I learned my lesson that nobody outside the boardroom knows and usually nobody outside of MA and DL, and are sworn on pain of losing their job and CV to keep schtum. What info does come out is virtually 100% club-sanctioned, and I firmly believe the Debuchy saga is leaked to the clubs design to assuage fans fears and get those half-season tickets moving.

• 129 Jay K // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Areet lads

• 130 woolerbill // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Hotdob
    If you think back some weeks when Simpson was all the talk, he said I am looking forward to being free in the
    Summer, Simpson is the devious one

• 131 TorqToon // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Afternoon Jay K ! Nice to hear from you again. And glad to see you are back camped outside the training ground. :-) Any idea is Ba trained today?

• 132 Jay K // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Areet lads For the guys that know me demba just left training ground he had 2 guys with him one looked double ov him not one for rumours but possible agent/brother

• 133 Jay K // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Alight lads For the guys that know me demba just left training ground he had 2 guys with him one looked double of him not one for rumours but possible agent/brother

• 134 bills-son // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:03 PM

I see there are still some conspiracy theorists saying NUFC are leaking Debuchy info for PR reasons.

Who is to say the info isn’t being leaked by Lille, especially as the news first appeared in the french press. Or is Ashley that deviously clever that he has flunky journo’s in Le Monde? Or is Proud Llambias in disguise?

What a load of baloney.

• 135 GeordieToon89 // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Jay K – How could it be good news, wouldnt he have been training today anyways, they could be picking him up to go to another ‘meeting’

Oh and where do you actually live because a done a delivery for the training ground last week and I didnt notice any houses looking onto it, it’s just main road and turn left down a little lane thing and into the security gate and thats the car park and the pitches are over to the right with mahoosive fence around now ha.. Could be wrong like mate I maybe just didnt notice the houses so dont take this as if i’m doubting you as I quite enojoy your posts

• 136 tequilamag // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Toon 1978 S Taylor was touch and go as to whether he would sign his last contract. It had looked likely he would go until the club upped the money on offer. Not really that much different from Ba is it.

• 137 Jay K // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Sorry for all the posts there. Yeah he trained today the guys he were with came in before training with him.

• 138 Tsunki // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Oh and No, we can’t boo our leading goalscorer just because his contract shenanigans are ruining Ashleys Crimbo celebs. He’s played for us, its not like he’s protesting or sulking. But i do want the saga to end for the sake of team morale. He’s done what others have tried, i.e. barton, nolan, carroll, and likewise he should fail to stamp his authority over manager and club. But no, no booing. He has worked for his wages.

• 139 toonarmydownsouth // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Tequila
    From what i remember we transfer listed his @ss and he buckled and signed a new one!

• 140 Jay K // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Gt89
    You can walk down the side ov the training pick there is a fence but you can get a glimpse.

• 141 GeordieToon89 // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Ah whey we might hear something later on then, he might just need that extra bit of persuasion that we will sign some good players to get us going again and Debuchy might be a step in the right direction

• 142 Tsunki // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:09 PM

bills-son – why baloney? Don’t you think it is possible that as part of ongoing agreements they could co-ordinate the leakage of specified information to allay all concerns on both sides? A bit short-sighted of you not to ponder whether Lille have a vested interest in allaying fears over their current funding problems, and settling rumours over one of their players in a controlled way.

It may not be right, but you haven’t got enough info to rubbish it either.

• 143 proudtobageordie // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:09 PM

jay-k

Could he of actually seen sense and they were agent’s as he agreed new contract thats on the table and ready to sign????????/

• 144 GeordieToon89 // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Jay K – Ah right no problem I’m not from that area atall but Im a courier so go all over the place obviously on the roads though ha so I dont notice stuff like that, any sightings on Debuchy?

• 145 Tsunki // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:10 PM

tads @ 139 – thats how I remembered it lol

• 146 Toon1978 // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:12 PM

jay-k

Ba just came back to pick his boots up and say by to his mates hahaha.

• 147 toonarmydownsouth // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:12 PM

One of my mates has just told me for some reason this year the window opens tomos?
    Has anyone else heard this seeing as it has been extremely quiet today on all club fronts like!!

• 148 tequilamag // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Tads , many short memories on here mate.

• 149 Jay K // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Na no sign mate club doc been in an out 4 last few hours could b anything tho.

• 150 toonarmydownsouth // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Tsunki
    Yeah he shut up and signed up pretty sharpish!!

• 151 AusMagpie // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:14 PM

With Ben Arfa and Marveaux or Remy on the wings, who would you prefer in the middle of them… Ba or Cisse?

Why?

• 152 bills-son // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Tsunki, 99.9% of stuff you read in the media comes from the imagination of journalists not from the mouth of officials at a club. If you believe anything different no wonder you believe in conspiracy theories.

• 153 MacToon // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Jay K, our very own roving (well not so roving) reporter, love it :-) If ya need a flask o’ tea let us know and we’ll send some over.

• 154 papattack // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:18 PM

beattie25

if tiote cant play in a 2 man midfield how did we do so well last season with him and cabs playing as a pair?

i dont get all this tiote talk, hes a bit out of form so what? people were saying 25 million if chelsea wanted him now they are saying 10 or 12 million.

i think hes class just not on top of his game at the moment.

• 155 toonarmydownsouth // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Mactoon
    Make sure you do mate! He was cracking last window was posting photos to twitter and everything

• 156 GeordieToon89 // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Think I might make a trip to asda and make my own pizza mmm

• 157 proudtobageordie // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:19 PM

mac toon
    ill send the batcopter over with it. does he take milk and sugar lol

• 158 AusMagpie // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Been stalking Twitter trends all day, @Oconnell_14 (some random kid), says he’s just seen Debuchy in Tesco.

• 159 Big Pappa Cissé // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:20 PM

@ ausmag

Depends on the opposition. Against the big boys Ba is better at hold up and betyer in the air & Cisse is just an out and out finisher

• 160 MacToon // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:20 PM

ha ha, maybe some bovril instead?

• 161 Toon1978 // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Just been listening to Courtney tlking about Ba. It was a decent talk until he started banging on about how SAFC are coming good now and Liverpool will have it tough. SAFC are only 2 bloody points ahead of us for god sake and they aren’t that good. They got a win against City, good for them but then got a pasting off bloody Spurs who should have won by more.

• 162 ronjohno // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Whilst I would prefer BA to stay my preference would always be Cisse. That is only my biased view and only personal – not saying he is a better player/scorer.
    The Ba situation is like that of Nzog-everytime a window came along there he was spouting off about wanting a bigger club and off he went to Wigan .
    So we will always have the same situation with BA unless we can get him to sign a new contract NOW otherwise just let him go and let us move on.
    I think everone is living in wonderland if they think the crowd will not react in some way if Ba doesnt put in a good shift against Everton.

• 163 Tsunki // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Bills -son – that is precisely why I never take anything on face value. I dreamed that conspiracy up all by myself ha ha :)

Heres a bit of nonsense for you though –

Really? There isnt even a calm before the storm, is there? :D

• 164 bills-son // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:23 PM

HBA just left the training ground with two guys, one in trilby and raincoat and the other with an oxygen tank on his back. My guess is could be Inspector Clouseau and Jacques Cousteau. What can this mean?

• 165 proudtobageordie // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:25 PM

berbatov what a player wba 0 fulham 1

• 166 MacToon // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:26 PM

I take it confidentiality agreements aren’t used at NUFC anymore!

• 167 davybtoon // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Mirin being linked with psg surely proof this lad is good enough to go straight into are starting 11

• 168 proudtobageordie // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:27 PM

tads what is your twitter name mate

• 169 NEWEXPATMAGPIE // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Debuchy will not be playing tomorrow night !

His Playing licence will take at least a few days to kick-in !
    And it will be better for all concerned if he goes to at least two training sessions before he gets thrown in at the deep-end !

When Cabaye comes back, with Debuchy playing at the back, Cabs will know he can push forward and command the mid-field ! They both won the French League in the same team and with Cisse through the middle and Krul, Saylor
    ( when he returns), Collo and Debuchy at the back we will have the makings of a good team !

Presenting Debuchy tomorrow evening at the match will indeed be a morale booster ! Also a class touch! and will give a clear message to Matheu ! He will know what he has let himself in for!

As for BA, drop him to the bench, he,s a superb player but One Man don,t make a team, sick of hearing the lads name ! His impending transfer/ move needs to sorted out quickly! One way or the other, and before anyone attacks me on here! I too would be overjoyed if he stays, but i would still drop him to the bench, Cisse is frigging wasted on the wing!

• 170 Toon1978 // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Mirin to PSG, Sakho to NUFC :)

• 171 JackButler // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Was hoping that 2013 would be a good year and then the first thing I read this morning is that we are linked with James ‘Bloody’ Tomkins ffs

• 172 proudtobageordie // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:29 PM

bills son

It wasn’t mate it was debeuchy and remy lol

• 173 GeordieToon89 // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Hahaha so our potential new signing is coming over for a medical but he thought ‘Oh I best stop off at Tesco first and get my groceries in beforehand’ …

I’ve never seen this Mirin play and I guarentee most of yous who are saying hes the next best thing and is unreal probably havnt seen him except from a couple of dennis wise clips, PSG are linked with ANYONE who is talented because of their wealth he wouldnt get in they lineup if Sakho cant and Sakho is one of the best defenders available to france

• 174 Toon1978 // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Tomkins is a canny player.

• 175 GeordieToon89 // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Everyone on here who doensnt follow me on twitter, have a follow :) @daylebarron

• 176 MacToon // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Proud, you’re quite confident Remy will be here Wednesday night too?

• 177 GeordieToon89 // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Tompkins cant even get in the West Ham team this season, Or he couldnt before anyways he might be playing now while they’re getting beat

• 178 JackButler // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Tomkins is no better than what we already have, yes we need extra bodies in, especially in defense, but we need to improve the squad not just bolster it

• 179 GeordieToon89 // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Wasnt there a paper saying the other day Ba’s replacement will be at the game on wednesday, Well what happens now because he aint even left…

• 180 wingspan // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Papa @ 154

I agree with you entirely, peoples memories on here are far too short. I think the problem with Tiote is he has been told to be more withstrained on the field so as not to pick up as many bookings. which is obviously important but he isnt gonna play his natural game if he has something in the back of his mind all the time. Hes just getting used to it. He will be bk to his best in no time.

Everyone at least give it least till the end of the season before you start writing him off as half the player and slashing his transfer fee!!!

• 181 Tsunki // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Always liked Berbatov, also thought his move to Man U was a mistake. He needed a team to suit him which Fergy would never do. On his day you cant get near him.

• 182 proudtobageordie // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:35 PM

mac toon

Never said wednesday night i said end of the week

• 183 GeordieToon89 // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:36 PM

I want us to sign Ryan Shawcross!

• 184 GeordieToon89 // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Debuchy
    Shawcross
    Remy
    Mirin

£23/25million

• 185 MacToon // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:37 PM

OK mate, it must have been that paper saying it as in post 179.
    Just trying to get my head straight lol in more ways than one.

• 186 Indian Magpie // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:38 PM

I want You to follow this Guy

@HD_07

• 187 Toon1978 // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Cant see Remy coming to NUFC. I think i read somewhere that he wanted CL Football. I would love to see Remy in a black n white shirt as much as the next fella but i just can’t see it. I might be completely wrong i hope i am but there are other clubs sniffing around. All depends on the Ba situation which is silly because having Ba, Cisse and Remy in the squad would really push us on. Fingers crossed.

• 188 proudtobageordie // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:40 PM

mac toon

don’t know who this replacement for ba is as remy is an addition not replacement. I would think remy is here fot the left of a front 3

• 189 wingspan // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:40 PM

When you sign good, senior international players, which he is, it’s going to give everybody a boost, your senior players too. I hope that’s the case – but we are still far from a deal yet.

Pards on Debuchy

……….here we go again?

• 190 JackButler // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Remy is said to prefer a move to AC Milan, would be amazed if we get the lad as he is a quality player, but I think we could be being used to force other clubs to make their move for the lad

• 191 Tsunki // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:42 PM

I think the nail on the head post re Tiote was about Cabs playing alongside him to pick up the loose stuff and provide him with a quick outlet. To be fair to Tiote its not his fault with Cabs out nobody else has been able to help him out. Our movement and space creation off the ball until recently has been nothing short of woeful.

Same I think goes for Colo. I think he has been made to look bad by the players around him being poor in covering their zones and keeping the line. With a solidified back four Colo will look class again.

• 192 yorkymag // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Shawcross v Tomkins your having a laugh
    A plodding hoofer va cultured footballer
    Tomkins only problem is his manager only understands one approach
    Tomkins will be an England regular he is one of the most under rated in the premier thanks to big fat Sam
    Shawcross is simply a thug

• 193 proudtobageordie // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:43 PM

geordietoon89

have you had any new followers on twitter after your advert mate lol

• 194 MacToon // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Proud, yeah it was the paper saying he was Ba’s replacement not me or you.
    Do you think Ba is going this window? The press certainly seem to want him gone ;-)

• 195 Magpies-till-d3ath // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Krul
    Anita Williamson Coloccini Santon
    Perch Tiote Bigi
    Obertan Cisse Marveaux

Have a funny feeling Pardew won’t start Demba!

• 196 proudtobageordie // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:44 PM

skunki

Well said mate totally agree. So you do actually talk some sense then mate lol

• 197 Super Magpie // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Qpr have made a £9m + Shaun Wright Phillips bid for Remy. Surely he won’t go there?

• 198 Tsunki // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:46 PM

tbf i always do associate Shawcross with a lack of ahem.. finesse. not the same exactly but a kind of Cattermole type figure. But then again I havent really kept eyes on him lately. Doesnt strike me as a Newcastle player though somehow.

• 199 Toon1978 // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Daily Star has Cabaye linked with Arsenal. They just cant give it a rest lol. The kid is injured and they are still like vultures. Can’t see Cabaye leaving in Debuchy is coming. Plus, it’s the Star hahaha.

• 200 MacToon // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Anita’s starting to do well in midfield, hope he continues to improve and learn the prem at the same rate that he already seems to have done.

• 201 Tsunki // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:48 PM

ptbg – wahey! promoted to having an ‘i’ at the end of my monicker, tis is a proud day ha ha. I am not knocking you personally lad but you have to understand the itk image is a tough one to overcome, coming as it is from someone who once fell into that trap. Kind of like an ex-smoker who bangs on about the evils of tobacco lol :)

• 202 proudtobageordie // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:49 PM

mac toon

Personally i think he will sign the contract on the table. Don’t think any team will give into his commands and agent’s. He is not in the same league as your world class strikers likr aguero,tevez suarez yea even suarez. So his best option is to stay in toon for his career especially.

• 203 tequilamag // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Tsunki .Shawcross has been outstanding this season for Stoke.I think he would be a great signing but doubt we would stump up the fee for him.

• 204 Tsunki // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:49 PM

I always seem to assume posters are male. Apologies for my stereotyping to all female bloggers, my bad :(

• 205 JackButler // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Shawcross would give us the bite that out back four has lacked all season, but its a non starter as he would cost far too much for us, Toby Alderweireld would be my first choice, he’s out of contract at the end of the season and would be a perfect fit for us

• 206 papattack // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:50 PM

wingspan

exactly top player on his day. he dominated rooney when we won 3-0 at st james last season

• 207 GeordieToon89 // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Shawcross is a class defender, so what that he’s a tough tackler he’s talented in what he does.. Fellaini is a thug but I know for a fact i’d love him in our team because he’s talented at his job.. Where as Cattermole is a thug but he’s also useless at his job.. big difference

• 208 Tsunki // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Super Mag – link to the article posted @163. A move to qpr? Suicide. ‘Arrys comments at the end of the article should be enough to warn anybody off.

• 209 GeordieToon89 // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:52 PM

proudtobageordie – Yeah mate is it you? Michael?

• 210 AusMagpie // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Starting to think I need to stay off sites like this! It’s really messing me up getting my hopes up etc haha. Going to have a heart attack at 19!

• 211 Indian Magpie // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Some player Lukaku, Mulumbu> Tiote

• 212 JackButler // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Why the hell would Chelski be interested in Ba when they have Luaku??? At only 19 years of age this id is looking a class act

• 213 Toon1978 // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Pardew saying we are still a bit away from signing Debuchy. Already taken 6-7 months to get where we are now so a week or so wont make much difference.

• 214 Tsunki // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Yep as I said hold my hands up to not following Shawcross last I remember hearing about him he nearly ended someones career? I suppose playing for stoke and hoping for publicity is like being a mackem striker and hoping to play for England, eh Kev ha ha.

• 215 proudtobageordie // Jan 1, 2013 at 1:58 PM

geordietoon89

yes mate

• 216 beddersmag // Jan 1, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Watching lukaku for west brom cant help thinking why would chelsea bother with Ba when they could recall him? Tbh looks to have a better all round game as works harder, stronger, and better in the air.

• 217 Graeme // Jan 1, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Why not play

Anita- – – – – – – – – – – Tiote

– – – – – – -Cabaye

HBA – – – – – – – – – – – – Marveaux

– – – – – Cisse OR Ba

It would give us a lot more room to play; frees up Cabaye to do what he does best; provides a 4 man attack with support from FB,s when needed; provides a 6 man defence when needed, with support from front 4.

It should make for a fairly well balanced set-up

• 218 Indian Magpie // Jan 1, 2013 at 5:14 PM

:poop:

• 219 Lee Dodd // Jan 1, 2013 at 7:05 PM

With all This Going On With BA I would stick Cisse Up Front with Shola Ba on Th eLeft Wing Or On The Bench. Commitment Commitment Commitment Not Dembas Agents Bank account Dembas Agents Bank Account Dembas Agents Bank Account !!!! This Is The NUFC Not Demba Ba FC…

• 220 Batfastard // Jan 1, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Don’t want any English CB like Tompkins or shawcross lescott to much wages out willo & Simo in Douglas & mbwia for about 10 mil in the summer out xisco and ranger freeing up 80 k pw then sign doumbia from cska for 12 mill next season possible top 4 finish what do think?

previous post: Alan Pardew Wants Player Of Mathieu Debuchy’s Stature

next post: Has Shola Ameobi Pulled Out Of Africa?