This Striker Loves Everything About Newcastle

There may be some questions about the loyalty of Demba Ba, as his agents are trying frantically to get him away from Newcastle so they can get themselves a big pay day – but another Senegal striker just loves everything about Newcastle.

papiss cisse training gear

Papiss Cisse – loves it at Newcastle

Papiss Cisse joined us last January so it’s coming up to almost a year on Tyneside for the Senegal striker who has scored 18 goals in 38 appearances for Newcastle, since joining us from SC Freiburg for about £9M.

We think Newcastle can pull away form the relegation zone and we’ve been impressed with the stability at the club, after we’ve been through these very difficult times, and we expect to see the Newcastle crowd tomorrow night again give our lads all the support they need to hopefully get another home win under our belts against Everton.

That would be great and just what we need right now.

This is what Papiss Cisse said today in the local press:

“ “There’s no other place I’d rather be.” The players here are very friendly and there is a lot of love.” “We play here and we have a job to do. Everything is fine.” “The best thing is we are still scoring goals.”

“This makes us confident and it is a good thing that Newcastle are still scoring but we know that things are difficult.” “We are trying our best to come back up the table.

“The main thing is we still have our confidence which is demonstrated by the goals we have scored at Old Trafford and the Emirates.” “I came here to work for the manager and give my best for the club because I love the club and I love the city.

“That’s what I am going to continue to do.” “But when the team is in a position like they are now with many injuries I work for the team.”

Cisse has been playing on the right wing in a recent 4-3-3 formation that Alan Pardew has used and got us six goals at Old Trafford and the Emirates, and it’s almost a reverse of just less than a year ago when Papiss was in the center and scoring goals for fun, and his Senegal team-mate Demba Ba was out he left side of the front three.

There’s one good thing if Demba Ba leaves Newcastle this month – this will free up Papiss to go into the center and we have a feeling this lad could have a lot of goals in him through the end of this season.

And at least this lad k=just loves playing on Tyneside, and of course the Newcastle number 9 is a hug favorite with Newcastle fans.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Jayden

Jan 1, 2013 at 10:44 AM

This is loyalty, this is a statement of intent about staying. Demba, take note.

• davybtoon

Jan 1, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Think mirin will b our new cb

• hotdog

Jan 1, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Woolerbill – Thats one devious mind you have there 😉

Why do people think we need midfielders, we have loads of them. I think we will sign a centre back and possibly a forward whether Ba goes or not.

• Tsunki

Jan 1, 2013 at 10:46 AM

PPB – if you dont I will have to 🙂

repost for Belfast due to Ed’s magical article machine –

Belfast – evidently still reeling from ingesting the flood of erudite musings I bestow kindly upon the masses in Twitsville-upon-all-at-sea then. Or the last nights excessive alcohol consumption

It was ptbg calling me Skunki from the off merely because I suggested his itk offerings were the product of accumulated wisdom from tweetland and guesswork. I was just saying that you at least had the grace to go a few months before going down tht route!

• Dagwoodz

Jan 1, 2013 at 10:46 AM

I’d love to see Papis regain his scoring touch. It’s going to come with a cost, in Ba not scoring, however.

Ideally, I’d like to see Ba sign a new contract with NUFC, then immediately get put out on the wings. I have a feeling that he’s been getting played down the middle to try and encourage him to sign a new deal. Kind of what the Gooners are going to do with Walcott if he re-signs with them.

• Tsunki

Jan 1, 2013 at 10:50 AM

And btw I agree with Ed, Papiss is indeed a hug favourite. Everybody gather in gather in group hug……

• TorqToon

Jan 1, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Davy – I would take that happily mate!

• BelfastMagpie

Jan 1, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Tsunki

Oh right. 🙂

After a few times reading it, I thought you were trying to suggest it was me.

It was all very cryptic…

• sirtoongospel

Jan 1, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Papiss won’t let us down. I would love to see him be our striker with the good and talented players in behind that we already have at the club. We need 2 or 3 defenders plus bring in Remy. Than watch us fly

• Tsunki

Jan 1, 2013 at 10:56 AM

If Ba stays does that mean Pardew doesnt get any more players? That is, apart from Debuchy who was allocated in the previous window anyway.

Ba!

• BelfastMagpie

Jan 1, 2013 at 10:57 AM

He called you skunky with a y.

Skunki with an i is much more cooler. 😉

• Spreadthetoon

Jan 1, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Morning all and Happy New Year 2013…
    May all our fortunes turn around this year…HWTL!
    Btw spotted this on SSN so this could pave the way for Remy perhaps…..?

Marseille could be on the brink of improving their squad with L’Equipe reporting that Valenciennes attacker Foued Kadir could have a medical on Tuesday. Kadir is in line for a three-and-a-half year deal at Marseille, who will pay around €500,000 (£408,000) for a player who is out of contract at the end of the season.

• Tsunki

Jan 1, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Belfast – you’re gonna do your noggin in if you try and look for deep meaning in my posts lad! I give the single dimension a bad name ha ha.

I really do think Cisse will explode into life back in the centre with the likes of Marv, Benny boy and yes Obertan just behind him. He really needs that clever first time pass. We’ve had a go at him for being offside, but why does it happen? Worth watching for how long he is hawking around the defensive line before someone has the bright idea of slicing him a good pass.

• Tsunki

Jan 1, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Ha ha yeah skunky was really a dig with that lower case ‘s’ and a ‘y’ on the end ooh he’s a meanie. I like Skunki, has a maverick tinge to it. 😉 Only prob with changing my name is it has to be consistent as I cant do ‘find on page’ with it so it looks like I am ignoring comments unless I (yawn) trawl through the many posts….

• NEWEXPATMAGPIE

Jan 1, 2013 at 11:07 AM

I for one, am starting to get a bit peeved hearing BA,s name !

It seems some people think the whole club will fold if he leaves?
    Every player, no matter who he is is replaceable, and there is lots of affordable talent out there, who would never cause the club so much Turmoil as BA has in the last few weeks !

• Novocastrian66

Jan 1, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Happy New Year to everyone.
    Pardew talking as though Debuchy is signed on, although no official confirmation as far as I can see. Another couple in please, a centre half and another striker, 2 if Ba goes, will make me happy.

• Ian Toon

Jan 1, 2013 at 11:08 AM

A Happy New Year to one and all.
    Rotonda. – As a student of the game doubtless you will have read ” I am the secret footballer” – available from all good bookshops. If not the second chapter on Managers you might find enlightening. It just might cause you to reflect before the knees jerk reaction. Also you might just begin to appreciate the role the media and some fans can play in destabilising a manager and players. If your looking for positivity on Pardew try reading the Mag on line – not the best written but a fairly balanced view. In any event I hope that before too long with a returning midfield and a few quality signings Mr Pardew will be able to field the side he envisaged fielding at the start of the season. This at a time when he was openly talking of formations you have long craved for. It’s quite appropriate that Moyes is soon to be in toon to remind us all that back in 2004 there were many who wanted him out. He has perfectly illustrated what a few astute signings and support can achieve.

• BelfastMagpie

Jan 1, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Yeah I’m a bad speller myself like, but he’s worse than me. lol

• sirtoongospel

Jan 1, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Tsunki , exactly. He waits and waits but the pass never comes. Usually he has given it up and the pass finally arrives………too late.

But with Marv, Anita, HBA and Cabaye in behind (with a fully charged Cheick holding) then we would look superb. With a new look defence there are 2 cups for us to attack.

If we can just get through the Brighton game then the rest of the season can be a great one.

• beefman13

Jan 1, 2013 at 11:15 AM

what about, debuchy, mirin, mbiwa, toivanen or remy?

We always seem go back for targets we have had in the past.

Of course maybe wishfull thinkin

Demba may go, maybe simmo as well???

We need without doubt this window a quality established CB and a lad like marin who comes next in line before williamson, we can’t rely on saylor far to injury prone, good lad n all that but 15 games a season on average is not on.

So maybe a net spend of 12/13 million if Ba n SImpson go?

Most would be happy i think with that.

For the ones who say MA wont spend that sort of money, well he has to, its our prem survival we are talking about.

A big statement has to be made this window to make up for the summer, and quality players at that.

AP wanted last seasons team kept together, we have had injuries of course but we have to freshen it up big style or we are in a serious fight for survival, no question about it. It has not worked and we have been found out, our style is predictable, the second half if the season needs revamping!!!!

54 points to play for, we need maybe 21/22 to stay in the prem, its got to be douable, i believe we can so it, i just hope the staff and players believe it, they always seem to think they can, just go and do it.

• Tsunki

Jan 1, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Yes Moyes had a really dark period and I remember when he was a bookies favourite to go. Everton was a strange club to be around at the time though, maybe a bit like us, not the most desirable place for the high-flying manager, and a bit tight on cash, which probably saved him. However that’s not giving the Everton hierarchy much credit for sticking with him, which I suppose they did.

• NEWEXPATMAGPIE

Jan 1, 2013 at 11:19 AM

@ 16 :

It, that is the signing / transfer is being universally reported all over Europe ! Its been on SKY Sports, French TV Sports programmes ! Also widely reported on all the Dutch Sports broadcasters.
    Belgium TV ( Canvas, ) have also had a piece on it !

While i can understand your doubts, the move is on Deffo !
    The only thing in the way is a medical and the signing of the Contract ? Hopefully a contract without any Crap release clauses in it !

• nick_9

Jan 1, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Hba is magical, marveaux is very technical and Anita is quite creative himself. If we can have those three feeding and supporting cisse with tiote and cabaye providing some steel we should do ok. Both full backs can add a bit of width if needed once Debuchy is in. Then we still have players like obertan, bigi, perch, raylor to play a part. Defensive and striking back up is a concern

• Tsunki

Jan 1, 2013 at 11:23 AM

I agree the last Debuchy saga was very cagey but it seems an insider has definitely given the media some proof of life on this one. It will take something huge to scupper this one I think. lets hope its not Del’s head.

• Tsunki

Jan 1, 2013 at 11:25 AM

There could be mileage in thinking the Debuchy deal was a controlled leak from the club to counteract the Ba escapades. Keep the fans onside?

• Jayden

Jan 1, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Nick, you reckon Anita is more attacking / creative than Cabaye?! No, Anita’s a CDM, Cabs’ a CAM. Always.

• NEWEXPATMAGPIE

Jan 1, 2013 at 11:27 AM

@20:

I have long had my doubts about Williamson? He occasionally has a good game but his first team status has been forced upon us by the injury situation, without injuries to key players would Williamson even make the first team ?

Simpson too, although he seems to be improving but refuses to sign a new contract offered to him, not once but on numerous occasions! Maybe it is time in the best interests of club and player to sell these two!

• Mister Tuff

Jan 1, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Some of you boys need to chill a bit. After these months of waiting it looks like the long awaited re-enforcements are beginning to arrive and on day one of the window -at last shows clear intent by the club. Matthieu Debuchy -medical pending -in the bag. Massive morale booster. Top class attacking FB – him and Santon are like identical players.
    Excited to see who is going to be next -defence wise. The club appear to have learnt lessons from the summer. The defence will be sorted only slight worry is the slight “wobble” in Collos’ form. Getting better players around him may negate this “problem”.
    Only worry for me is that Percy appears to be holding out an “olive branch” to Ba. So if Ba is not sold it will be the clubs intent to continue with the same shape of forward line -ie Ba at CF for the remainder of the season – whilst I would not like it -it is probably the best “gamble” to score goals to ensure safety.
    Getting the defence sorted will equate to more wins – so far so good.

• Tsunki

Jan 1, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Anita mixes a bit of both fortunately, but whereas Cabs is a creative mid able to hold a dm line (although his petulance can be costly) Anita is the other way round. If they can sort out a routine together we could shred opposing midfields. Would we still need a tank DM in the tiote mould though? I suppose we should.

• beddersmag

Jan 1, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Mister tuff

Identical going forward maybe but im hoping for much more defensive nouse from debuchy. Santons a work in progress. From what i have seen this guy looks the finished article

• nick_9

Jan 1, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Jayden we can call Anita whatever we want but from watching him I’m of the opinion he is very technical, good passing with little flicks and first time balls here and there. Cabaye before his injury wasn’t fit for a while and then kept sending it long, he went off the boil a bit if you like so I’ll wait til he comes back and see how he gets on playin alongside Anita. Cabaye was in the team when we weren’t really playing that great.

• sirtoongospel

Jan 1, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Jayden, not from what I have seen. Anita plays higher up the pitch than Cabaye has at any point. Cabaye SHOULD be a CAM but he sits deep most if the time and controls games from behind the rest. He is a pass master and gets us playing. Ideally with Tiote/Bigi holding, Anita, Cabaye and Marv can all offer different qualities going forward. But I would be hoping to see Cabs higher up the pitch than he has been for a lot of the time since he joined us.

• nick_9

Jan 1, 2013 at 11:36 AM

I’m also not sure if we was holding cabaye back a bit like we did with Jonas, protecting the Defense. I’m told he is great for France in an attacking role but I haven’t seen it myself so I can’t say. Anita is only little and despite getting better he isn’t overly physical for a defensive midfielder.

• Jayden

Jan 1, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Getting a player such as Diame or Sissoko through the door would allow us to play ANY midfield trio and still be balanced.

• wreker16

Jan 1, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Question to all

When cabaye and hatem (and Anita) come back from injury, what happens to Marv? You’d have to say that he’s best in the centre, but cabaye can’t play out wide?

What would our current best 5 man mode field be if everyone was fit?

• Tsunki

Jan 1, 2013 at 11:37 AM

I dont think Cabaye and Anita have had the luxury of putting too many shifts in together, certainly not at full speed. Cabs was blowing hot and cold carrying an injury (I guessed that one and was given hell for it I remember) and Anita was definitely way behind the pace at the time Cabs had to bow out. We have yet to see what they can work together.

Debuchy – at 27 he has to be the finished article though. I belive that he has an end product on his runs forward though, and from what I have seen, he can actually not only pass defenders, but he covers his back better and stays back when he starts to tire / game is sewing up. He is the sort of player Santon should emulate, not Simpson.

• sirtoongospel

Jan 1, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Oh, and Cheick looks a miles better player when Cabs plays. As soon as he wins it Cabaye comes and gets it from him. That’s how it should be. We are so so close to having a good team. I just hope that the CB we need arrives. Debuchy, CB and Remy would be a great window. Even if Ba and Simoson go.

• Mister Tuff

Jan 1, 2013 at 11:39 AM

bedders @30 – agree with your post. There has been a bit of criticism of late about Santon being caught out of position/being dispossessed after forward runs – I see the problem here as team mates not covering for him -which should be elementary in football coaching. The way Santon cuts inside onto his right is amazing -he just seems to glide effortlessly past players – bit like a poor mans Bale – but a massive prospect.

• Jayden

Jan 1, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Cabs, when fit, is an Arteta-type player. Always looking ahead, towards the front 3. Anita is more like Joe Allen. Keeps the ball moving, plays it simple and hardly ever loses it.

• sirtoongospel

Jan 1, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Are we expecting Debuchy to play tomorrow night? It would be helpful seeing as Simmo is crocked.

1 2 3 6