Debuchy Gets Five Year Deal – Striker And Center-Back Targeted

Newcastle’s small squad have proved they are inadequate when it comes to the Premier League and our form over the last couple of months – we have 7 points from our last 12 league games, it looks like we will be fighting relegation through the end of the season.

mathie debuchy white france

Mathieu Debuchy – five year deal at Newcastle

And add to the bad form that Demba Ba is likely to join Chelsea – if he can pass a medical today – and yesterday was hardily a good day for Newcastle fans.

Newcastle started the season with only three experienced strikers and we’ll have two if Demba Ba moves – which looks almost certain.

Newcastle have three strikers lined up to replace the Senegal striker, if they can get one of them though the door, but of course we’ll still be short of a striker since most Premier league clubs have four experienced strikers ion their ranks.

Loic Remy seems top of the list and Newcastle’s scouting team say he would be a great buy – even at £11M – and next in line seems to be 23 year-old Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang of St Etienne, and there were reports they may go after former target Modibo Maiga, who is at West Ham, but not looking very good for the London club.

And Newcastle will also try to bring a center-back in this month, to strengthen a position where like striker – Newcastle only have three experienced center-backs.

Mathieu Debuchy only has to pass his medical today, and he will become a Newcastle player, and he was seen sitting beside his pal Yohan Cabaye last night and will sign a five year deal at Newcastle.

From the look of Newcastle last night, we seem to have lost a lot of confidence in the last couple of months, and even with Yohan Cabaye and Steven Taylor back – we think it’s going to be tough slog through the rest of the season.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Blaydon-Toon

Jan 3, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Come Ashley get your Cash out !

• Levi

Jan 3, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Cabaye told debuchy to come here right? Debuchy must be thinking he needs better friends

• KrulG4ME

Jan 3, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Repost from last thread :

Going to the game last night full of optimisim thinking yeah we have been beaten in our last two games but we played manure and arsenal away from home and scored 3 goals against both teams surely we will go and attack Everton in the same manner at home.

Get to game – Team news Shola starts wtf and to make things worse Cisse is out on the right again. I wish I had left then because things got worse as we all know.

Read a post earlier suggesting starting Elliot ahead of Krul have to say its got to be worth a go because he has been at fault for a number of goals against this season and his distribution is among the worst I have seen. Might not be the best example to suggest he does better because it was a rocket but traveling 69 miles an hour or not baines free kick was from 35 yards out and its not as if it went in the top corner it was central. I feel he should of done better poor positioning and wrong footed = had no chance. Although I have to say distribution was fine for the goal lol.

Williamson is a complete tool and gives away far to many free kick the same goes for Tiote although I feel he can get back to his best when cabs come back.

We are desperate for some new players to boost the confidence of everyone associated with the club, fat Mikes bank manager aside.

A pruductive transfer window PLEASE.

1 last thing scrutiny of officials PLEASE, is it just me or do all seem to be anti-toon ( may well be my black and white tinted specs ).

• gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola)

Jan 3, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Poor lad just as we are about to get relegated

• Shane

Jan 3, 2013 at 9:43 AM

I came here for the “5 year deal”…

Face palm!!

I should have known you were fishing again Ed. Ha. I fall for it every time. 😀

• roblee7

Jan 3, 2013 at 9:44 AM

good player – just need centre back n a striker! What does everyone think of this Remy guy? He any good?

• Santon03

Jan 3, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Toon Prodigy & 89Norcal – sorry repost

Maybe the magic can happen again like when Glenn Roeder 1st time in charge, we were in relegation zone then finished the season at 7th. 🙂

• Constanstine

Jan 3, 2013 at 9:47 AM

This signing will boost Cabaye tremendously.

• toonarmydownsouth

Jan 3, 2013 at 9:47 AM

A pruductive transfer window PLEASE.

• blew

Jan 3, 2013 at 9:49 AM

A good signing and another attacking defender, that being the case, we now need 3 defensive defenders with pace and heading ability. The defence is the main problem and we need top class defenders, probably a bit too much for the powers that be to comprehend. After last night I am totally bewildered by Pardew and his decisions. Most importantly- new owners please

• toonarmydownsouth

Jan 3, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Torq/ppb
    For me colo is in a position where we’ve made him undroppable you cant drop your captain, but he needs some pressure for competition and his leadership qualities have been seriously lacking this season
    No doubt he’s a great cb but complacency seems to be creeping in this season but that could be said for half the squad!
    Stevie T and willo are the same player this season so we desperatly need a first team CB and another to keep pressure on our current 3 senior CB’s
    Also glad tiote is off to ACON tbh he’s been a liability this season and by far the worst player on the pitch for the last 5 games his head needs screwing back on some of the free kicks he gives away knowing how weak we are on set pieces is nothing short of plain stupidity
    But he’s another player who the club have built up to indespendable to the team so i fully expect him to stroll into the starting line uo when back

• Ian Toon

Jan 3, 2013 at 9:51 AM

KrulG4- As goalkeepers go he’s young and playing behind a shaky defence. He’s an outstanding keeper who needs to improve his kicking. Once the defence is restructured his form will likely return to
    that of amongst the best in the PL. Arguably he’s having a better season than Joe Hart.

• toonarmydownsouth

Jan 3, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Sorry ignore first post for some reason i reposted someone elses comment!

• yorkymag

Jan 3, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Morning all
    I was too emotional after getting back from the game last night to make a rational comment ,not a problem I hear you cry
    But I feel no better this morning .i can honesty say the second half last night was the worst performance I have seen in many a year.
    Let’s face it we had enough chances to win but Shola was awful I am sorry but I love him as a personality but he was awful ,Cisse was ineffective out wide and well Tiotie I can’t find words .
    However the manager is cluless he stood on the touch line with his hands in his pockets all he needed was a brolley and he would have looked the real part.
    He had no answer and made the most ridiculous changes,I honestly can’t see that he is able to think logically and is caught in the headlights.
    I fear our stubborn owner will not do the necessary and take him out of his misery,in some ways who would we get .like it or not we are the most toxic club in the premier league at present and that I fear spells disaster.

• Santon03

Jan 3, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Sorry if I repost my previous comment, because usually I got slaughtered saying this kind of comment, but it seems many people agreed hehehehehheheh 😛

Santon03 // Jan 3, 2013 at 5:19 AM

I hope Krul is dropped for few games and Eliott not Harper plays.
    Krul has not been himself or like he used to lately

• bambams

Jan 3, 2013 at 9:54 AM

i have had time to think about this match and i am really worried now, the players just had no pattern of play at all.

The biggest point of i would like to mke is when Santon tried to score when a slide pass to Cisse would have met with a goal – could you see any player from man u, arsenal, liverfool or probably a vast amount of teams doing this. I cant and thats a worry, they are not playing as a team.

Final point, the players in the second half did not want the ball, too many passes straight back to the player they had just taken a pass from.We literally have no ideas from free kicks or set plays.

We have this window to stop the rot…….

IMO

• Mister Tuff

Jan 3, 2013 at 9:54 AM

As normal after a bad day, a multitude of differing opinions as to what is wrong at the Toon (more disturbingly some opinions suggesting nothing is wrong). Differing opinions from fans is the fuel that drives football -good and healthy- but my God some posters appreciation of the finer points of football would be more appropriate applied to netball or ladies hockey.
    Firstly competing with the big boys -whilst Ashley has a few bob there is no way we can compete financially with the Russian Mafioso or City’s oil barons (he could invest a bit more though). Of recent years CL entrants all have mega rich owners, who have a lot more loot than Ashley -there have been one or two exceptions but the general rule of mega wealth applies. A lesser club can get there with some good buys from under the radar of the mega rich clubs AND by having a top quality manager/coach -who the players believe in.
    Some of the delusionals, also known as the “blind faith brigade” have stated “oh but Everton are a top team” -last night they played rubbish and should have been there for the taking -the fact that we were worse is irrelevant to this argument -they were beatable.
    Someone has posted a list of Evertons recent league postions and suggests Percy Parsnip needs more time (like Moyes) -I suppose we could start at 8 years (fool).
    Another has posted Percy Parsnip is a good tactitian and has the respect of the players – ah right -so much respect that the club captain argues in front of the first team with him about tactics -yeh right -(fool)
    Whilst some posters just “blame” the top two at the club, one poster correctly includes Parsnip, as part responsible for the no buys in the summer. He is not without blame.
    Another has stated “Shola starting was dictated by the players available” no it was not it was because Percy did not want to change the set up (fool).
    Some of you guys need to get real -and gets some new specs – we are in the claggy -hopefully anticipated re-enforcements will help to save us.

• KrulG4ME

Jan 3, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Dont know much of Remy other than he is out of favour at Marsielle and is a winger/forward and french international.

What is obvious is we need wingers/forwards in the mould of sturridge/walcott but who actually want to play from out wide and not through the middle. That position is where Cisse belongs but he needs to be fed and the goals will come.

We are crying out for a productive winger/forward with pace its a shame Obertan is so scared to take people on or take a shot because then we would already have one.

Dont have a clue who will be brought in but something needs done or we are going down. Sad but true.

Come on Cashley go all Abramovich and suprise us all.

• KrulG4ME

Jan 3, 2013 at 9:58 AM

@ 9

Here Here

• Nufc-83

Jan 3, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Krul made some outstanding saves as well last night and definitely does not deserve dropping. I said it last night before the game and he did it but honestly if i see cisse on the right again this season i will hunt pardew down and rip his throat out.

• yorkymag

Jan 3, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I really do hope we can get a couple more decent players in but ,honestly if I had to work with Pardew ,I am not sure it would be my fist choice
    As a consequence I fear our targets are going to see a better option
    Debu… Signed to be with his mate Caba and not anyone else

• Wayayman

Jan 3, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Pardew is utterly tactically inept. It doesn’t matter what new players we get in. Last season he lucked out because we fell into a rhythm when Bennie and Cabaye and Tiote were beasts, Guti and Santon were attacking everyone down the left and Colo & Krul were immense. Two strikers scoring didn’t hurt either. Players all playing in their positions, playing it on the floor and enjoying themselves. This season though, just one look at his last two games will tell you all you need to know about the Silver Bullshitter… Last night playing Cisse on the rght, there’s no excuse for that at all. Shola??? Jeeeeez… We’d have been better off having Sammi out on the right and Cisse where he belongs.

V Everton… What sort of a dick brings off an attacking, pacey winger having a decent game on 65 minutes with the score at 1-2 to replace him with a ‘fledgling’ defensive CM, then with 10 minutes left brings off the more experienced defensive CM in place of a fledgling winger???!!!
    What a tool Pardew is, that’s the sort of baffling tactician he is.

V Arsenal… The genuis in charge of us makes a sub on 82 minutes just as Arsenal have theirs lined up too. They are winning 4-3 at this point and have been for 10 minutes, we look on the ropes. Wenger brings on Giroud ( a top striker) for Oxlade Chamberlain (playing wide midfield) and Pardew (who bear in mind can see this happening nor 5 yards from him chooses to bring off Bigi (a defensive CM) for Strolla (a stri…, well I’m not sure what he is to be honest).
    So, Pardew and his coaches FAIL to notice the change Wenger is making (going for the kill, sensing blood and wanting to attack us) or they see the changes and don’t have the brains between them to know what the probable outcome will be.
    Yep, easy to say in hindsight but I’m betting I wasn’t the only one screaming at him.

• Spoof

Jan 3, 2013 at 10:02 AM

I’m a bit concerned about the imminent arrival of Debuchy, although I admit that I have not seen a great deal of him, what is obvious is that he is better attacking than defending, he likes to get up the pitch and link up with the winger in front of him, we need some defenders who can defend, we don’t need another Santon, another who is best at attacking rather than defending, combine Debuchy’s style of play with the long ball tactic which appears to be our favourite at present, then Mathieu could become a liability as his strength would become redundant as his chances of getting up the pitch would be limited due to the tactic of lumping it high and hopeful as soon as the half-way line comes into site, I cannot see the point of buying a “footballer” if your going to hump it long, unless of course a change of tactics are introduced, I await with bated breath

• Ian Toon

Jan 3, 2013 at 10:03 AM

I am all for blaming the goalkeeper but really! I have since watched the Baines goal on television. The ball is hit with power and moves late to flummox Tim as it would have any top goalkeeper. The problems lay with the defenders in front of him. Get real .

• roblee7

Jan 3, 2013 at 10:03 AM

What happens if Ba fails his medical?????

• bambams

Jan 3, 2013 at 10:04 AM

@mister tuff…..

Strong comment and i cannot disagree with you and find myself nodding as i read it.

Think most bloggers will admit we are in a mess but the horrible fact is who will we sign in this window, it has taken so long to get Debuchy in so this does not bode well for other targets. I think i read one blogger state ‘why does it take Newcastle so long to sign someone’ as opposed to other clubs do it in one day !

I genuinely think Pards did well last year but he is in a blind panic now and Shola is NOT the answer to his prayers.

Ashley may sanction either a CB or striker…Just cannot see him signing both, hope i am wrong though.

Time will tell

• thai-mag

Jan 3, 2013 at 10:05 AM

debuchy in for a medical, I wonder what odds I can get for him failing it

• yorkymag

Jan 3, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Cchelsea don’t care about a medical it’s a formality ,they are taking a punt can only insure him for a fraction of the value of the deal anyway

• Nufc-83

Jan 3, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Spoof the thing is alot of our long balls come from the players we need replacing though and simmo is a start as he is a long ball merchant himself. Williamson and perch are another two who dont linke possesion of the football withe these out of the team we only need to work on Kruls distribution to be more like a Worm from Swansea and we are good to go. Sounds easy i know.

• sirtoongospel

Jan 3, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Pardew telling Cisse he has to “step up”. What exactly is his problem? He has scored 6 goals from the wing!!! We sell our main scorer yet still he plays him out wide!!

If Santon had half a brain Cisse would have had 2 last night. Failure to pass there was a joke.

Pards, if you play Cisse as a lobe striker he will finish the season with 20 or more. Simple as that. Put a good, creative midfield 5 behind him and we will win games, providing you buy some defenders.

• WesJameson

Jan 3, 2013 at 10:07 AM

@ Wayayman // Jan 3, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Very well put mate….i rest my case

@ Mister Tuff // Jan 3, 2013 at 9:54 AM

As well, common sense spoken at last, nicely said

• roblee7

Jan 3, 2013 at 10:08 AM

yorkymag – he’s having a med today, why would they do this if they didn’t care?

• toonking

Jan 3, 2013 at 10:08 AM

well now that debuchy is in the team i think 451 is the best formation and it should be
    krul
    debuchy CB CB santon
    obatan cabaye bigi anita jonas
    ________cisse
    if you want attacking FBs then HBA and marvo playing wide is the worst thing possible you moan lots about poor defensive work will does well what differance will debuchy who is like santon and does much more aggressive work than defensive

• Adssy Mccc

Jan 3, 2013 at 10:08 AM

What I saw last night:

Back Four – Didn’t give as much away as people are making out, but were obviously punished badly with what we did give away. Colo looked uncomfortable a couple of times when one-v-one in the wder areas. Willo just pure clumsy at times! Santon had a poor game by his standards.

Midfield – Tiote looks so short of confidence lately. Marv shows moments of sheer class on the ball and he has to be in the same starting 11 as Ben Arfa if we are to get out of this mess. Anita pretty solid to be fair.

Out wide – Obertan looked one of our most threatening options everytime he picked up the ball. Was not in the game enough, but I still can not believe he was subbed for Bigi who was awful when he came on!! Cisse good getting forward from the right. Worked really hard but natually clueless going back the other way. Should not play there again this season.

Shola – Worked harder than some games he appears in, but not the answer in the longer term. Unlucky not to score though and would have had a good assist if Santon had of scored late on.

Subs: Bigi was the worst I have seen him. Sammy was one of the best I have seen him, although he is a pure luxury player still, as he doesn’t work back or defend well enough yet. Class running at people though. Ranger is a complete idiot as we know, but I can see why he was thrown on at the end. I would have done the same if it were me in that position.

• KrulG4ME

Jan 3, 2013 at 10:12 AM

@ 19
    On Krul
    True he does make some outstanding saves but that is his job as a keeper and in a situation such as the baines free kick should be prepared and expecting the shot still at fault for the goal even if it was a rocket. Not sure it warrents dropping him all together am sure Pardew knows best after all he see’s them day in day out in training. But regardless he defo needs practice with positioning and distribution.
    With regards to Cisse and ripping Pardews throat out if he plays out on right again where do I sign up the bolke must be insane starting Ameiobi through middle ahead of Cisse.

Come on Cashley (get some help for manual handling reasons) get out you wallet and go all Abramovich on this transfer window

• bambams

Jan 3, 2013 at 10:14 AM

SSN has just said Arsenal defender ‘Djourou’ (sorry boys just caught the end did not see the spelling) was having talks about a move away….Were we not linked with hime a few weeks ago ?

• Ian Toon

Jan 3, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Way- If you have an agenda to find fault with the manager you’ll always find it! Pardew makes a fair point that the team had been set up
    with Ba playing.

• yorkymag

Jan 3, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Krul is a good keeper
    But we let the wrong man go Foster is better
    Now I wonder who backed that horse.
    That said it is not a keeper Krul ,Harper or anyone else that will keep us in the division
    It is getting a grip of central midfield and controlling the ball then and only then will the back 4 or 5 if you include the keeper look better

• sweendog

Jan 3, 2013 at 10:16 AM

I’m staying on the positive side here..

Anita I thought was excellent last night .. imagine him and cabaye in midfield .. Cisse has got back to scoring and with Debuchy I can now see the strikers getting service … only major negative from last night was our controlling the game .. I think with Cabaye back things are gonna change .. Howay the Lads ..

• Spoof

Jan 3, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Why so much critism for Willo last night, we all no that he is generally hopeless, but credit where it due, last night he was our best defender quite easily, Colo and Perch looked uncomfortable all night long, and Santon desperatly needs a midfielder who can cover for him when attacking, there were signs that Obertan was helping him, lets hope it continues, last night Obertan and Willo were our two best players